NATION

PASSWORD

Vapor: A Steampunk RP Region (OOC v.3.0 -- CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Cygnar wrote:
Cyprum Xecuii wrote:Okay, population of over 300,000,000 equals standard of living are average or under par.

In order to give my people a better life we need to gain more resources and technology that others may have simply because they have it and we don't. That means we need more co-operations / economic treaties. Anyone else willing to participate in trade with us? At least in 1903 or past that?

I would.

Oh thank ye! I should type this down in my NS fact book, I'll eventually put all of this stuff in the wiki...eventually.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:56 pm

I like how Disproportionate some of the land sizes are. Like how Cygnar is nearly triple the size of Fanalglia.

PANDA

Inesean Population-

1860-65,000,000
1865-67,045,032
1870-69,500,000
1875-75,403,000
1880-79,057,000
1885-83,000,000
1890-85,139,041
1895-89,365,002
1900-96,000,001
1905-101,004,865
1910-105,365,034

Cyprum, we have Food for Machines, right?
Last edited by The Holy Dominion of Inesea on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm really tired

Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:Okay, population of over 300,000,000 equals standard of living are average or under par.

In order to give my people a better life we need to gain more resources and technology that others may have simply because they have it and we don't. That means we need more co-operations / economic treaties. Anyone else willing to participate in trade with us? At least in 1903 or past that?

Then join the fucking Pact. It would basically be a major co-operation, just us gweilo would have a different name for it. Sri's already joined.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Apologies for the extreme delays in the Melting of the Snows, like I asked Ino to say, I had a real life emergency occur. I'll be coming back to full activity and will be moving MoS along shortly.

If Averi is needed for anything, let me know.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:44 pm

Pavlostani wrote:

Then join the fucking Pact. It would basically be a major co-operation, just us gweilo would have a different name for it. Sri's already joined.

Mmm, I'll compromise a deal IC. We certainly won't call it a pact though.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:47 pm

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Pavlostani wrote:Then join the fucking Pact. It would basically be a major co-operation, just us gweilo would have a different name for it. Sri's already joined.

Cooperative pact
I'm really tired

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Pavlostani wrote:Then join the fucking Pact. It would basically be a major co-operation, just us gweilo would have a different name for it. Sri's already joined.

Call it what you want, but a pact it is, and a pact it will be.

You can probably also have your Autarchess (sp?) arrive now.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:08 pm

It is getting to the point where we will eventually have to get a general cause for the 1910 war. I have another proposition. A country in Amplector with a large population suffers an economic collapse. To cover this, they attempt to invade a large Zhoan nation for land. The Zhaon nation calls on its allies and the Amplectorian nation calls on hers.
I'm really tired

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:It is getting to the point where we will eventually have to get a general cause for the 1910 war. I have another proposition. A country in Amplector with a large population suffers an economic collapse. To cover this, they attempt to invade a large Zhoan nation for land. The Zhaon nation calls on its allies and the Amplectorian nation calls on hers.

Why would they invade another nation when faced with economic collapse at home? The time/energy/resources needed to invade something overseas would be far larger than those required if they invaded their neighbors or something.

Sri Tschow
Minister

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Perhaps a close nation, such as Cygnar, invades Mishmahig? Or maybe whoever controls Voerderland invades Pav or Inesea? Also, writing a post on the SAW.
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Economic Left|Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian|Authoritarian: -6.87
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Sri Tschow wrote:Perhaps a close nation, such as Cygnar, invades Mishmahig? Or maybe whoever controls Voerderland invades Pav or Inesea? Also, writing a post on the SAW.

That is a possibility, although I still prefer Fanaglia's suggestion on the old thread..... lemme find it.

Anyway, I do not plan on moving in for a violent takeover. I'm taking a far more French approach to it, rather than British. I plan on first some Catholic missionaries from Fanaglia to move in and make friends with the natives -- not the Spanish convert-by-the-sword method, but rather more like the modern missionaries who move in and bring with them love, western ideas, infrastructure, and, of course, the Word. Then the Church will likely buy a small portion of land (for a fair price, of course) from the ruling chief of the area (do note that, even then, the Kingdom of Fanaglia will not assert a claim over the land there). When trouble with Imogen pirates arises, a small detachment of Fanaglian soldiers will be garrisoned there, just to sort of protect them. Somewhere along the line, as the settlement gradually expands, helium will be discovered by accident and Fanaglia will officially declare the settlement one of her protectorates. Once word of the discovery and its virtues spread to the other nations of Amplector/Zhao/Promethia, they will likely clamor for control of the continent and any helium that may be under her soil. This massive and sudden land-grab could easily lead to WWI.

This, combined with rising tensions in Amplector will lead to escalating situations, will easily spark WWI.
Last edited by Mishmahig on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Also dealing with my draft, it's hard to think of what to do now...just hold on...

@Mish, yeah it may have involved Oulen.
Last edited by Cyprum Xecuii on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:17 pm

Ino, Fan, post is up in MoS, just awaiting your lovely delegates now.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Inoroth
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:19 pm

@Mish -
That works for me, then....although I would need a backstory of the Rothian empire, though...

Good luck with that... I haven't given nearly any thought as to that period of my history... anything specific you want from that time? I'll probably work better if I have a list. Also, you map's about half finished (though I wouldn't say I've put more than 5 hours total into it, and that mostly figuring out the tools on GIMP... still, the strategy advances!

That is a possibility, although I still prefer Fanaglia's suggestion on the old thread..... lemme find it.

*waits semi-patiently*

@Vitz -
A Basic Guide to Roleplay Alliances

A Guide to Story Making

The Art of NS War

Population Realism

I've read them all and they're pretty accurate.

In the middle of Art of NS War, and I'd have to agree, they're accurate. Also, just to clarify... do you still need me take over any of your RP responsibilities?

@Fan -
Like 1/3 of the posts in the last thread were "Gee, it sure is quiet around here," or "Where is everyone?" If nothing is being said, then it's probably because either no one is online or because there's nothing to be said. Saying something for the sole sake of saying something and leaving a record that you showed up and did nothing is spam. I welcome such a culture shift.

Well, we'll agree to disagree on that one then :meh:

@Cyprum -
Okay, population of over 300,000,000 equals standard of living are average or under par.

Inoroth likes trade, and I've always pictured us as being a sort of trade-aholic, but lately I've been wondering what exactly everyone has to offer, what I need, and what I have to give in return... it's so hard to guess at that kind stuff, you know? Also, most of Inoroth's trade is private, which means no governmental interference except for protection for merchants and taxes paid back.

@Averi -
Apologies for the extreme delays in the Melting of the Snows, like I asked Ino to say, I had a real life emergency occur. I'll be coming back to full activity and will be moving MoS along shortly.

If Averi is needed for anything, let me know.

Message was relayed, and we'll wait patiently until everything's sorted, no worries :hug:

And I'mon it, but life is about to happen and I can't stop it, so I've no idea what I'll get done :(

@Inesea -
It is getting to the point where we will eventually have to get a general cause for the 1910 war. I have another proposition. A country in Amplector with a large population suffers an economic collapse. To cover this, they attempt to invade a large Zhoan nation for land. The Zhaon nation calls on its allies and the Amplectorian nation calls on hers.

Not sure if you guys want that... I remember many powers clamoring that they wanted the 1910 war to either not involve them at all or involve them as secondary (read: practically useless) allies that don't suffer any damage... and I haven't heard any Easterners declare their desire for an East vs. West showdown (though, we could do a non-canon one just to get it out of Sri's and Servoth's systems :p

Mish said - Why would they invade another nation when faced with economic collapse at home? The time/energy/resources needed to invade something overseas would be far larger than those required if they invaded their neighbors or something.

Aaaaaaand then there's that too.

@Sri -
Perhaps a close nation, such as Cygnar, invades Mishmahig? Or maybe whoever controls Voerderland invades Pav or Inesea? Also, writing a post on the SAW.

Oooooh, I like that! Especially if they invade you, seeing as you are genociding (is that a word? Well, it is now!) their people... it actually might make perfect sense
Life is what you make it -- I made it into a peach cobbler
cosmopolitan/nationalistic: 4%
secular/religious: 63%
visionary/reactionary: 39%
anarchistc/authoritarian: 25%
communistic/capitalistic: 37%
pacifistic/militaristic: 48%
ecological.anthropological: 66%
I am apperantly a Neo-Conservative... who knew?

Inoroth's Military Here.
Nations Represented By This Account: Inoroth, New Inorothian Space Empire,

Inoroth's Factbook Here

"A fool's words cut down friends on the eve of battle" - Vinchero

Sri Tschow
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Post up on the SAW, people!
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Cygnar
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Pavlostani wrote:

Is your girlfriend called Julia Haynes? :D
Vitzenburg wrote:Cygnar, high on powa! Just try to stop him! He'll sock ya in the mouth as his boys Vitz and Servoth come a knockin!

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Servoth wrote:Micro-dick.

Our micro dicks make lots of people. Your 'larger' dicks still create a .000000000000000000000001 % growth rate.
EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:What burns in Life, itself burns in Death. To Hades is smote, thee who defy the Divine.

Divine! Bah! We could build a god from our own foundries.
Unidox wrote:LSD, no thanks. Give me some NSG.

Oh, hell yeah, thats the stuff...
♔ ||Cygnaran Königreich|| ♔
♔ ||Steampunk-Dieselpunk Nation|| ♔

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:56 pm

That was creepy Cygnar. CREEPY! And accurate for Pavel.
I'm really tired

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:56 pm

Cygnar wrote:

Is your girlfriend called Julia Haynes? :D

Now how did you guess that one?
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Cygnar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Pavlostani wrote:
Cygnar wrote:Is your girlfriend called Julia Haynes? :D

Now how did you guess that one?

...hmmm..I don't know if I should tell yaaaaa :D
Vitzenburg wrote:Cygnar, high on powa! Just try to stop him! He'll sock ya in the mouth as his boys Vitz and Servoth come a knockin!

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

Our micro dicks make lots of people. Your 'larger' dicks still create a .000000000000000000000001 % growth rate.
EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:What burns in Life, itself burns in Death. To Hades is smote, thee who defy the Divine.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Cygnar wrote:
Pavlostani wrote:Now how did you guess that one?

...hmmm..I don't know if I should tell yaaaaa :D

A.) You saw her failed upload
B.) You go to our school
C.) You are the Prime Stalker
I'm really tired

Sri Tschow
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Cygnar, your first name starts with a 'G'. You are from Brazil.

Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Cygnar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:00 pm

Sri Tschow wrote:Cygnar, your first name starts with a 'G'. You are from Brazil.

Yeeep. Tracked my IP?

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:

Cygnar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:01 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Cygnar wrote:...hmmm..I don't know if I should tell yaaaaa :D

A.) You saw her failed upload
B.) You go to our school

A) What?
B) Nah
C) Maaaybe

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Cygnar wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:A.) You saw her failed upload
B.) You go to our school

A) What?
B) Nah
C) Maaaybe

FUCK, who the hell are you?

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:03 pm

So Inoroth,

Inesea produces potatoes, wheat, rice, and tobacco on a Commercial level for export. And corn on a smaller level.

Inesea also produces finished products like Bread, Rice balls, rice bread, popcorn, corn bread, and cigarretes and cigars

So those would be what you would most likely import
I'm really tired

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents