NATION

PASSWORD

[MT] Shots Fired at the Capitol! [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kamchastkia
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:10 pm

OOC: I'm assuming this is dead now?

Auskralian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Auskralian Republic » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:56 pm

OOC: Please don't be so hasty, I just have a crapload of homework. I'll get around to this tomorrow.
Sane bastion of MT Western liberal democracy within a sea of insanity.
Political Views

Indonesian-American residing within Texas.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Auskralian Republic wrote:OOC: Please don't be so hasty, I just have a crapload of homework. I'll get around to this tomorrow.

Alright, it went a day with 0 posts, and had been slowing down prior, so I made the assumption that people forgot, or quit, or got something better to do with their life than type on NSG XD

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:54 am

Last call

Sondstead
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:41 am

OOC: Hey, I'd post, but with seventeen people four of whom have some small arms, I can't exactly do much until Auskral gives the go ahead to make for the airport. :p
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
Fartsniffage wrote:Poor analogy. A better one would be a high school american football team approaching a couple of kids quietly reading/writing during lunch hour, telling them to play with them and then stamping on their books/notepads if they refuse.

All with the teacher watching on from the sidelines nodding in approval.

Visit Sondstead at : IIWiki (related articles) : Embassy Program
Commerce : KMF Automobile : Nörditser Windstrand International Airport

Follow SRR Sondstead World – Your Window on Sondstead

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:05 pm

Sondstead wrote:OOC: Hey, I'd post, but with seventeen people four of whom have some small arms, I can't exactly do much until Auskral gives the go ahead to make for the airport. :p

I'm giving it one more day before I assume he's dropped out..

Auskralian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Auskralian Republic » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Sondsteadish Embassy
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

"Well, what do you plan to do with the embassy after you guys evacuate this place?", I said, taking a small bite out of the sandwich after I finished my statement. "I'm not sure what our command wants us to do, but we can guard this building if necessary, and perhaps, we can even use it as a command point for a secondary green zone."

perspective change

I noticed one of the Kamchastkian soldiers sigh. It could be easily assumed that the ammo probably wasn't much, but unfortunately, that was all I could spare. There wasn't much ammo left for my own machine gun, and neither was there for the other ammo carrier. "Sorry", I said, hoping the Kamchastkians could understand.

Presidential Palace
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

It was apparent to me that this guy was probably not a threat, so I decided I could afford to take a risk here and carry on without ordering him to show me all the bullets he had. "Well, let's fan out and see who we can find", I said, which was then translated by an interpreter.

Koshelev International
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

Multiple explosions rocked the area, which was then followed by the sound of a jet flying over. They were pretty close, and more of the lights were damaged. However, everyone was fine, and we continued to investigate the site of the explosion, to see where exactly it hit, and who it damaged. The other squads continued searching the terminal building for rebels, but had so far not encountered any.
Political Views

Sondstead
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 pm

"Make use of it if you wish", Märkberger said. "it's immaterial to us so long as everyone gets out safely. The Foreign Ministry can take care of the rest whenever it is prudent to reopen the embassy."
Fartsniffage wrote:Poor analogy. A better one would be a high school american football team approaching a couple of kids quietly reading/writing during lunch hour, telling them to play with them and then stamping on their books/notepads if they refuse.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Auskralian Republic wrote:Sondsteadish Embassy
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

I noticed one of the Kamchastkian soldiers sigh. It could be easily assumed that the ammo probably wasn't much, but unfortunately, that was all I could spare. There wasn't much ammo left for my own machine gun, and neither was there for the other ammo carrier. "Sorry", I said, hoping the Kamchastkians could understand.

I nodded back at the machine gunner, not understanding what he said, but preferring to act like I do, than appear stupid. I then turned to my men, and ordered them back into the main lobby and to set up in the windows looking out into the street.

Auskralian Republic wrote:Presidential Palace
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

It was apparent to me that this guy was probably not a threat, so I decided I could afford to take a risk here and carry on without ordering him to show me all the bullets he had. "Well, let's fan out and see who we can find", I said, which was then translated by an interpreter.

I got back up onto my feet, lowering the pistol I had in my hand down, aiming it towards the other man's feet, though not purposely. I nodded after being told what to do. I started towards the rooms around the main, circular stairwell that led to the upper floors. I started kicking in doors, finding no one out of place.

Auskralian Republic wrote:Koshelev International
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

Multiple explosions rocked the area, which was then followed by the sound of a jet flying over. They were pretty close, and more of the lights were damaged. However, everyone was fine, and we continued to investigate the site of the explosion, to see where exactly it hit, and who it damaged. The other squads continued searching the terminal building for rebels, but had so far not encountered any.

I checked the fuel levels, which were just enough to get us back to Dinigrad, back to the airbase to land and refuel and go on another run. I broke away from my hold around the airport and reduced speed, trying to make the fuel I had last. I had 2 unspent 80lb unguided free-fall bombs attached to the 2 wings on my aircraft, and decided to drop them once we reached the mountains, not too far away. As I reached the mountains the gunner disconnected the 2 bombs which fell and blew up in a huge ball of fire.

Auskralian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Auskralian Republic » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 pm

OOC: What time is it IC in Koshelev?

Sondsteadish Embassy
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

"Alright", I replied, "We will be sure to make good use of this building, and we'll try and make sure this building and the vehicles don't get damaged too badly."

Presidential Palace
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

The man went and continued looking into doors. Meanwhile, I took my troops and continued searching the building. We soon came to a different guard, who we told to take the magazine out of his weapon and clear the chamber, then take out all his ammunition.

Koshelev International
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

Two more explosions sounded, but this time they sounded far more distant. I figured these explosions were none of my concern, so I continued leading my squad to the site of one of the explosions. We soon peered through a hole in the wall, scanning for movement.

perspective change

We arrived at the base of the control tower, the sound of gunfire filling the air, along with a few explosions. I signaled my troops to get into position to breach and enter the control tower, the door of which was locked. Once my troops were in position, I fired a few shots into the door, after which it opened with ease. We stormed in, about a dozen red dots moving quickly about the walls as we did so.
Last edited by Auskralian Republic on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Views

Sondstead
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Auskralian Republic wrote:OOC: What time is it IC in Koshelev?

OOC: I think it'd be past eleven in the evening by now.
Last edited by Sondstead on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:18 pm

OOC: I mentioned this to Keystone in a Telegram previously, feel free to take control of the rebels as you wish, you do not have to wait for me to reply if you're dealing with rebels. And I assumed the time was late-night, early early morning (like 3 AM early).

Auskralian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Auskralian Republic » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Koshelev International
Koshelev, Kamchastkia
(REBEL VIEWPOINT)

I sat in a soft leather swivel chair, fast asleep, completely oblivious to the fighting going outside the confines of this tower. Saliva dripped from the corners of my mouth as explosions vibrated the pencils on the desk in front of me. I had not slept for days, and so had my partners, who slept with faces down on desks, or in corners. Unfortunately, our slumber was interrupted by a few gunshots that sounded nearby. I quickly rose, and looked left and right for my weapon. Rising out of my chair, I took a few steps and shouldered my AK-style rifle, which was leaning against the back of my chair, and probably would have killed me if it had gone off by some manner of extreme misfortune. I tiptoed best I could down the long flight of spiraling stairs, and after descending about three dozen meters, noticed red dots rapidly ascending the staircase. I soon saw a laser extending from a point on the wall to what looked like the front of a object I could not clearly make out. Figuring this was some federal conscript, or even worse, some imperialist scum from a foreign land, I fired wildly in the direction of the laser's endpoint. Before I let go of the trigger, I was met by return fire, but I heard a yelp, so I assumed I had done some damage to this obstruction to the glorious revolution. However, I was hit in multiple places below my knee, and I soon retreated to the safety of my comrades and the top level of the control tower, gunfire sounding behind me.

perspective change (AUSKRALIAN VIEWPOINT)

I stumbled back in pain, trying to ignore the several bullets that had penetrated into my left and right legs. My comrades returned fire immediately after the rebel had fired at me, and I soon followed them as they cautiously moved up the stairs, rifles pointed expectantly in several different locations. We soon came to within about ten meters of the door to the control room of the tower, and we halted. The door was left about half-way open, and we could hear the rebels in there moving around. I sent brief hand signals to my squad, and three of us retrieved hand grenades. After a brief second of multiple clinks and clicks, we tossed them in through the doorway. We moved a ways up the stairs, expecting the grenades to roll down to our former position if the enemy decided to throw them back.

perspective change (REBEL VIEWPOINT)

Cannon rounds and bullets whizzed by my head as I crouched behind a few crates of I-didn't-know-what, it could have been anything from engine parts to the ingredients for in-flight-meals. Out of curiosity, I reached upwards and pulled one down, a bullet grazing my finger ever so slightly in the act. I opened it and rejoiced upon finding what was in there. It was an RPG, already loaded, along with an instruction manual and a sighting system. Suddenly, I had a sort of flashback, remembering a few days ago, when I had walked in here with a few dozen other rebels and practically took over this airport without a fight. There was an abandoned army truck, complete with personal possessions of the federal fools, but in the back were crates of ammunition and weaponry. Affixing a scope onto the weapon, I peeked around a corner, and spotted a foreign armored vehicle, which was blasting away at my comrades on the opposite side of the road that led up to the runway. I looked through the scope, lined up the red chevron with the tracks of the vehicle, fired, then took off running.

perspective change (AUSKRALIAN VIEWPOINT)

My vehicle came to a groaning, grinding halt, following an explosion that felt like it was on the right side of the vehicle. Apparantly, my tracks had been damaged. I moved the turret to the left, looking for the bastard that shot at me. "My vehicle has been disabled, requesting assistance, over", I said into the radio. Soon, another IFV arrived, and turned around the corner, aiming behind a stack of crates, from which there was a smoke trail.
Last edited by Auskralian Republic on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Views

Auskralian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Auskralian Republic » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:19 pm

4 MONTHS LATER

All throughout the Kamch countryside, along with some of the more recently-embattled towns and cities, hundreds of thousands of shell casings lie scattered about the ground, covered in inches of snow, brass monuments to the war that recently turned Kamchastkia upside down. Today, much of the fighting has ended, and many former rebels have either been killed, captured, or have melted back into civilian life, in order to tend to their families. The once-unified rebel force has now split into multiple factions, who wage war against both security forces and other rebel groups. The mastermind behind the original rebel movement is still at large, but is believed to be hiding somewhere in the mountains.

However, much of the same can be said for the Kamch Army, along with the various regional militias that supported it during the war. The small, all-conscript force has seen much of it's manpower disappear, mostly through mass-desertions. In fact, Federal troops and rebel insurgents who fought against each other in the streets a month ago can often be found playing chess together in the park, amidst the occasional burst of distant gunfire.

As for the Auskralians, some of the Auskralian forces deployed have evacuated, or are in the process of evacuating, but most of the Auskralian forces remain in Koshelev. The 3000-man force, headquartered on Auskralian ships offshore (though there is an Auskralian base at Koshelev International Airport), is tasked with keeping the peace in Koshelev, mostly in the area nearby the airport and the Sondsteadish Embassy.
Auskralian troops were involved in their first real taste of fighting since the Auskralian Civil War during the three-week-long Operation Icepick, which involved Auskralian troops fighting against rebels in house-to-house combat across Koshelev, which resulted in some 150 Auskralian casualties. Currently, the Auskralian force is shifting it's headquarters from the Fifth Fleet to Koshelev International, as the Fifth Fleet, along with a portion of the deployed forces, is being returned to Auskral, following escalating tensions between the Asahinan Commonwealth and the Holy Republic of TurtleShroom in the Land of Power.

Most of the fighting has stopped within the past few weeks, except for sporadic fighting in the mountains. However, the situation remains fragile, as most of the Kamch government was killed during the revolution, and in just about all places, the only ruling power is A, the military or police, which is in some places a foreign military, or B, the rebels, who rule isolated pockets of the mountains, along with having strongholds in some towns and the lowland countryside.

The future of Kamchastkia, along with it's people, is fragile and uncertain, like that of a wounded dove which is being cared for by two young boys who have accidentally shot the dove with their pellet gun.
Political Views

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents