NATION

PASSWORD

Axis-NATO Cold War RP (OOC/signup, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Kryskov wrote:Well, Franco did flee to Berlin shortly after funding a guerilla army...

still I propose democratic elections in spain for the hell of it because the Republican Spanish just speak of suckish.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Benuty wrote:
Kryskov wrote:Well, Franco did flee to Berlin shortly after funding a guerilla army...

still I propose democratic elections in spain for the hell of it because the Republican Spanish just speak of suckish.

We can accept that. One might now that the very term Republic would demand such. The Spainish Republic is a system of government currently occupied by the leaders of the Second Republic; it is not made up solely of them. As I stated in my accord, Spain may appoint The King as their leader if they so wish, but if they select for free elections (which will take time), then they must have an intern government; The current men of The Second Republic will fill these roles until such a time as the people vote them out of office. That seems perfectly fair to me.

And, technically, The Spainish government has yet to leave for The Congo; none of them have, due to the rather high risk of sending government leaders sailing all over Spainish waters during wartime.
Last edited by Thrice Crownlands on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Thrice Crownlands wrote:
Benuty wrote:

We can accept that. One might now that the very term Republic would demand such. The Spainish Republic is a system of government currently occupied by the leaders of the Second Republic; it is not made up solely of them. As I stated in my accord, Spain may appoint The King as their leader if they so wish, but if they select for free elections (which will take time), then they must have an intern government; The current men of The Second Republic will fill these roles until such a time as the people vote them out of office. That seems perfectly fair to me.

And, technically, The Spainish government has yet to leave for The Congo; none of them have, due to the rather high risk of sending government leaders sailing all over Spainish waters during wartime.

I wonder what De-Gaulle thinks of the speech, wouldn't it be the 3rd Republic now?
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:37 pm

Benuty wrote:
Thrice Crownlands wrote:

I wonder what De-Gaulle thinks of the speech, wouldn't it be the 3rd Republic now?

I'll post sometime tommarow... but I can tell you the response will contain some thinly veiled contempt alongside its praise.

And, at the moment, it would still be the 2nd Republic. The government continued in Exile and is being reinstated. It was never, offically speaking, dissolved at any point. If the Spainish people choose to set up a new system however (Constitutional Monarchy, perhaps) then if would be the 3rd Republic.

Arthurista
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:28 pm

If it's the same king who stood down the falangist coup in the 70s that'd be cool.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Arthurista wrote:If it's the same king who stood down the falangist coup in the 70s that'd be cool.

Carlos?

also your opinion on the speech.

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Benuty wrote:
Arthurista wrote:If it's the same king who stood down the falangist coup in the 70s that'd be cool.

Carlos?

Lol, for a nominally conservative nation, the North French gov is leaning so liberal (from the hard right's perspective) that I'm surprised Action Francaise isn't barricading the streets of Paris yet :).

On the other hand, it was a war between two right wing dictatorships, fundamentally, so maybe it was wise for the North to not take sides.

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Arthurista wrote:
Benuty wrote:
Carlos?

Lol, for a nominally conservative nation, the North French gov is leaning so liberal (from the hard right's perspective) that I'm surprised Action Francaise isn't barricading the streets of Paris yet :).

On the other hand, it was a war between two right wing dictatorships, fundamentally, so maybe it was wise for the North to not take sides.

This is why I am glad we now have a Germany; Now, North France has his big brother to make sure he dosen't stray to far into "dirty liberalism"

Also, might I recommend we make a list of nations under "The Pact of Steel", so we don't have any weird limbo? My list would look like this

The Third Reich
The Empire of Japan
The New Roman Empire (Facist Italy... though I'm still confused how Mussalini got back into power after the popular coup)
Hungery
Romania
Facist France
Bulgaria
Mexico
Last edited by Thrice Crownlands on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Thrice Crownlands wrote:
Arthurista wrote:

This is why I am glad we now have a Germany; Now, North France has his big brother to make sure he dosen't stray to far into "dirty liberalism"

Also, might I recommend we make a list of nations under "The Pact of Steel", so we don't have any weird limbo? My list would look like this

The Third Reich
The Empire of Japan
The New Roman Empire (Facist Italy... though I'm still confused how Mussalini got back into power after the popular coup)
Hungery
Romania
Facist France
Bulgaria
Mexico

Maybe Italy should be split North and South? The Social Republic beyond the Gothic Line and the Republic of Italy to the South? Alternatively, Mussolini recovered southern Italy as part of the armistice?
Last edited by Arthurista on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Arthurista wrote:
Thrice Crownlands wrote:

The Third Reich
The Empire of Japan
Hungery
Romania
Facist France
Bulgaria
Mexico

Maybe Italy should be split North and South? The Social Republic beyond the Gothic Line and the Republic of Italy to the South? Alternatively, Mussolini recovered southern Italy as part of the armistice?

I asked that question earlier, but didn't receive any response. To be fair, it would be kind of silly either way; The Italians didn't want him. Then again, I don't think Hitler would have allowed him to be denied a state. Still, it woulden't make much sense to put Mussolini in the South; unless we change things so The Italian Lands came in Piedmont, rather then Sicily (which make some sense, if Dragoon was the rousing success were're playing it out to be). If that's the case, then The Republic could have Tuscany and the provinces north of it, and The Social Republic could have all the provinces South. However, since Il Duce woulden't abandon Rome, putting The Republic in the south (The historically accurate route), would leave far more land in Mussolini's hands then the The Italian people would likely allow him....

Anyway, I want to see what Germany thinks before anything else goes down... and now that I have, I have no idea what exactly it is.
Last edited by Thrice Crownlands on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Albion Rhodesia
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Albion Rhodesia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:31 am

With regard to Germany, did I miss a meeting...since I don't really see where his post of going or what event he's even referring to?
Embassies of the Dominion of Albion Rhodesia:
The Constitutional Monarchy of Third Mexican Empire

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Sovjet Union wrote:Durchgangslager Amersfoort
Nazi Occupied Netherlands
EXECUTE THEM IMMEDIATELY a major shouted, DEATH TO THEM ALL

I'm proposing giving Deutschland Das Boot. Whose in favour?

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Arthurista wrote:
Sovjet Union wrote:Durchgangslager Amersfoort
Nazi Occupied Netherlands
EXECUTE THEM IMMEDIATELY a major shouted, DEATH TO THEM ALL

I'm proposing giving Deutschland Das Boot. Whose in favour?

They certainly don't sound like the best player, but if we do, we REALLY need a Germany. Do you have anybody else you could call in.

Sovjet Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovjet Union » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 pm

As German troops execute the civilians in the gas chambers
Hitler makes a speech
“Do not compare yourself to others.
If you do so, you're insulting yourself".
Herman Goring was to be executed in the next two days,Along with Heinrich Himmler both Hitler Described as traders by Hitler
Death to all traders DESTROY THE REPUBLIC SCREAMED Benito Mussolini. about a day later German bombers were attacking the south
"In twenty years you will be more disappointed in what you didn't do than what you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.Sail away from safe harbor.Explore.Dream.Discover"-Mark Twain,Writer
OMG ITS ME!
Link to my RP
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=277573&p=18171664#p18171664

"If you truly want to become supreme world dictator, Take the education. They'll shoot off their head"

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Sovjet Union wrote:As German troops execute the civilians in the gas chambers
Hitler makes a speech
Herman Goring was to be executed in the next two days,Along with Heinrich Himmler both Hitler Described as traders by Hitler
Death to all traders DESTROY THE REPUBLIC SCREAMED Benito Mussolini. about a day later German bombers were attacking the south

:shock:

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Hitler makes a speech

Da. Fuq.

I want to kick this guy as well.

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Resolved. He's out.

I'll do my best to find a better Germany. Please help to recruit if you can?
Last edited by Arthurista on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albion Rhodesia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Albion Rhodesia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Hitler makes a speech

I'm in all honesty very confused, why would Hitler execute both Himmler and Goering? Also, I thought that in this timeline Hitler was no longer head of state?

Albion Rhodesia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Albion Rhodesia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Hitler makes a speech

Also, what does foreign trade have to do with being executed?

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:35 pm

Doesn't matter, they are no longer in this RP.

Albion Rhodesia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Albion Rhodesia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:51 pm

It seems as though this RP has really gone down hill, as though there has been a lot of interesting material added, and no doubt it could make for a great alternate history tale, it seems that without a primary aggressor it's basically become more of a multi-contributor piece of fiction.

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:38 pm

I suppose we can freeze this for the moment until we can find some seriously good RPers for the Axis.

It really shouldn't be that hard. Everyone loves to play Nazi Germany, there're bound to be one or two good RPers among them...

Albion Rhodesia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Albion Rhodesia » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:46 am

Did anyone have any luck recruiting a few good Axis players?

Sovjetia
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovjetia » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:17 pm

we surrender to NATO as seen in my last post (sorry so fast but i wont be online to RP sooo ...?)
any questions or comments just tg me!

Join the Empire of Andrew

Hypparchia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hypparchia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:56 am

Terribly sorry for contributing to the slowdown of the RP, I have an exam in Arabic very soon and it requires my urgent attention.

Also, updated map: http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7420/ruba1.png
Last edited by Hypparchia on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents