NATION

PASSWORD

To Bed a King [PT] (Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Prometheo
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

To Bed a King [PT] (Open)

Postby Prometheo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:35 am

This will be set in my nation, ruled by High-King Luther Darke. He has recently siezed the throne and brought about a new era of peace and prosperity for Prometheo. However, Vaelon Karth, bastard son of the previous king, is stirring hostilities against High-King Luther in the poorer fringe-lands. It is the beginnings of a rebellion, and the High-King is not blind to it. He has yet to bring his army against the Pretender Vaelon, hesitant to put his own people to the sword.

Instead, he has elected to finally choose a Queen to sit the throne with him, and bind his blood to the throne with an heir. This would not only join the power of two nations, but perhaps win over his dissenters with a young heir to legitamize his claim. Perhaps your royal family has a young daughter they believe to be suitable for a throne? High-King Luther is offering Lordships for those who would bring such a female to Prometheo, and other titles at his royal court.

Luther has sent letters to prestigous rulers far and wide, inviting you to come to court, feast, politic... and perhaps seal a royal marriage.

Directly from the Royal Seat of High-King Luther Darke
Transcribed Faithfully by His Loyal Servant

Greetings, and salutations. By mine own authority I cordially invite your leaders and diplomats to the Kingdom of Prometheo, to treat with me in my Great-Hall over a dinner of seventy courses. There will be singers, poets, and fools to entertain you and any guest you bring along. I shall be in attendance, accompanied by my most prominent Lords. I sincerely long to meet my neighbors, and form a stronger tie to each.

I will be looking for foreign diplomats to take titles at court, which means holding lands in Prometheo to strengthen relations. It is my hope that you will accept my humble invitation. The dinner will be held in Lyrion, my royal seat. The gates shall remain open until such time that all guests have accepted and arrived. I await your reply eagerly.

With High Hopes for the Future,
High-King Luther Darke

(Please reply in-character, and in letter form. For those that are accepted, I will post the IC, where the actual dinner will take place. Also, this is Past-Tech, set in a midieval kingdom, so please only reply if you roleplay as such.)
Last edited by Prometheo on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let's understand each other. I sang the first hymn when the stars were born. And, long ago, I announced to a young woman, Mary, who it was she was expecting. On the other hand, I've turned rivers into blood, kings into cripples, cities into salt. So, I don't think that I have to explain myself to you.

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:13 pm

From High Lord William Solomon Broughton III, Archon of the Council of Winterwald, Protector of the Land of Brought
Transcribed Honorably by His Steward Richard Constantine Lane

To my most generous neighbor I give thanks to your offer and cordially accept. It has been long in history since either of our lands have been equally stable to devise plans of diplomacy that reach through the dark woods, peaks, and waters between our lands. For too long the passage was to dangerous to cross from the machinations of bandit barbarian monster and vampire. In our rule, however, we have cut the path between our lands with blood sweat and tears and may now at last freely travel to each other's court in safety. I will, along with members of my court and family travel to your seat and call for the other Houses of Zelbae to do the same. We shall make haste in our journey to your lands a scour days from now with my court an guard with the other houses following after.May your time until our arrival be bountiful and prosperous.

May honor give us strength,
High-Lord William Solomon Broughton III, Archon of the Winterwald
Last edited by Dbrought on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Annaliea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Annaliea » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:25 pm

From King William del Maro, Merchant Oversee of the Aradi Federation, Guild Master for the Ten High Guilds of the Federation, Protector of the Mercantile, Defender of the Rich and Poor, Saviour of the Great Nation, Demi-God Elect of the Cult of Aurum.

Greetings,

I thank you for your kind invitation to this great banquet you seek to host and graciously accept. Despite the lack in diplomatic relations that our two nations have suffered through, I see this as an offer from a friend and a potential ally. For long a year my nation has suffered under the inconstant and cruel rule of a tyrant, however I hope this visit will let you see that this is no more.

My family and I will travel on the Federation's fastest ships to arrive at your Royal Seat of Lyrion. I will also be accompanied by members of my court, numerous Guild Members and other distinguished members of my nation.

I thank you again for your kind invitation,
Yours,

King William del Maro

Return to International Incidents