NATION

PASSWORD

The Imperial Council

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Anastasia
Attaché

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Anastasia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:04 am

With the vote at 3/2, Regional Justice Act Proposal 1 passes and is commited to the regional Law code

I would now like to turn the council's attention to the proposed legislation regarding the Imperial Viceroy

Ceased
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceased » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:55 pm

What must one do in order to join this council?? I feel that I have no say in this government and refuse to recognize its legitimacy without Ceased being properly recognized as a member of this "executive committee". I expect to be recognized immediately.

George III

Atticatia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atticatia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Ceased
If you read your region's constitution, you would know how a nation gets on council. Not reading the constitution is what your problem was at first. You need to read it. And every nation is heard by the council. If you read the RMB, you would know that as well. Please start to read before posting. And do NOT threaten this Council. That is not a way to get elected in. Your oinion is heard the same as every Nation.

Ceased
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceased » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Firstly, how DARE you tell me what to do or how to act. The Imperial League represents the rights of the sovereign. Let me tell you that if we could go to war your country would be toast.
Attention members, do not let this country ramrod you. You are all here because you are sovereign leaders. Do not let the "council" threaten you. I move that we elect a new form of government, one where everyone sits on the committee and has equal say.
George III

Atticatia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Atticatia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:13 pm

I propose that ceased be placed on trial for treason. He is attempting to overthrow the council that the Empress herself appointed and set up. This is an act of anarchy and an act of hostility towards the crown.

Mikail
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikail » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:16 pm

I second the motion for ceased to be placed on trial. This type of hostility towards the government is unacceptable.

Ceased
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceased » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:41 pm

The crown of the Empress!? Are we not all monarchs? Put me on trial, what can you do to me you pathetic excuses for kings and queens.

Ceased
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceased » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:46 pm

And Atacatia says he supports Great Anastasia, but why then did he rescind his support of her!? Put him on trial for lying.

Soviet Reformed America
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Reformed America » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:20 pm

I also vote to place ceased on trial. Mutiny is unforgiveable.

Great Anastasia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Anastasia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Ceased if you had been more active when we were forming council, you would have been considered for a ministership. But you weren’t so, what is expression, bully for you. I would like to remind you as well that you have every and exactly the same rights as any council member accept with voting at which point we will consider all opinions.

In regards to Atticatica retracting his endorsement, I asked him too and as you will see the WA Delegacy is now occupied by the Imperial Regnant. And Frankly it is absolutely none of your business.

I personally oppose a trial, but the council has spoken and as Imperial Regnant I must accept their decision. Also we did just pass the judicial legislation and want to see if it works properly.

EDIT: Ceased has been summond to appear before court, all furter details are in the hands of the Law Minister for now.
Last edited by Great Anastasia on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soviet Reformed America
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Reformed America » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:59 pm

So what is next Anna?

Great Anastasia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Anastasia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Section 1.4 The Imperial Viceroy

a. The Imperial Viceroy is defined as the holder of the WA Delegacy of The Imperial League.

b. The Imperial Viceroy will be appointed by WA nations on the suggestion of The Imperial Regnant.

c. The Imperial Viceroy’s main duties concern voting on WA proposals as he or she feels fit.

d. In the event that the Imperial Regnant should take a leave of Absence, The Imperial Viceroy will be handed executive control of the Region until the Regnant’s return

e. Should The Imperial Viceroy attempt a unnecessarily usurp control of the region or abuse their powers.

f. In the unlikely event of the Imperial Regnant’s death, The Imperial Viceroy will serve as head of the Imperial League until a new Imperial Regnant is elect and the region can be re-founded. This only applies if there is no active legislation regarding the succession of the Imperial Regnancy.

Whisperwill
Secretary

Founded: Oct 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Whisperwill » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:41 pm

King George III of The Empire of Ceased is now formally placed on trial.
Atticatia will represent the Crown as prosecution.
Ceased will be defense.
Jury members are as follows: Mikail, Soviet Reformed America, and Civolpaedia.
JURY, PROSECUTION, DEFENSE, may not TG each other regarding the case.
Doing so will result in a trial of the Nation in violation.
A unanimous decision must be required to accept the verdict.
Atticatia will begin by presenting the evidence.
Ceased will follow with a rebuttal.
After that, I will rest both sides, and the jury will cast votes.
Jury members may deliberate amongst themselves via private TG.
If not guilty, Ceased is clear.
If guilty, the 3 jury members must unanimously come up with the punishment.
Each member is to post guilty(with punishment) or not guilty on the Council forum.
Trial begins with Atticatia's evidence.
Last edited by Whisperwill on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceased
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceased » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Is the trial to begin immediately?

Whisperwill
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Whisperwill » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Yes. Trial begins as soon as Atticatia makes his post of evidence, then you make a post of defense, then it is closed.
Just as my previous post mentions.

Great Anastasia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Anastasia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Ceased
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceased » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:59 pm

I would like to take this opportunity to plead not guilty because of my Divine Right to rule.
George III

Whisperwill
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Whisperwill » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:01 pm

ALL PARTIES INVOLVED!!::

Please see the link Anna has posted.
Trial proceedings will commence there.

Great Anastasia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Anastasia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:37 pm

I was going to leave this till after the trial, but we are beggining to have a build up of legislation so I think we should try and get some of it out of the way.

I have put together a voting form due to the large amount of issues that need to be addressed.

Code: Select all
Nation Name:

Regional Justice editation:
Comments:

Section 3.3l:
Comments:

Section 1.4:
Comments:

Section 1.2h:
Comments:

Current Regional Justice Laws

all changes are underlined

Section III: Regional Justice

Section 3.1 Minister of Law

a. The Minister of Law shall maintain a constant and thorough knowledge of the Constitution.

b. The Minister of Law will interpret the Constitution and apply it as such to the actions of The Council, to ensure that Constitutional rules are being followed.

c. The Minister of Law will review legislation to ensure that it does not violate any aspect of the Constitution.

d. The Minister of Law will inform The Council if any actions or legislation violate the Constitution.

e. The Minister of Law shall keep public record of all accounts related to the above.

Section 3.2 Summoning of the Accused and Other pre-Trial Issues

a. A nation may be summoned to appear in court either by the Law Minister, the Imperial Regnant, or by a movement put before council and seconded by any other member of the Imperial League. The message informing the accused of the summons will come from the Imperial Regnant.

b. Along with the summons the Law minister will decide, depending on the gravity of the case on how many nations will form Jury. The number must be no less than 3, no more than 9 and not capable of creating a tie.

c. Should the circumstance surrounding the case not provide an obvious prosecution, the Law minister or Imperial Regnant must select a nation to represent the Crown.

d. The Law Minister shall act as judge unless he/she is unavailable, or waives the right. In such case, the Imperial Regnant shall preside over the trial.

e. Should the accused nation be a council member, they must immediately nominate a Deputy Minister and stand down from active council.

Section 3.3 Trial and Sentencing

a. The Defendant at the start of a trial will be asked by the Judge whether he or she is guilty, if the plea is guilty, the case will be referred to the presiding Nation for sentencing

b. The trial will open with the prosecution who will have 3 days to make their opening case, and then the defendant will have 3 days to plead his case. The jury will then have 12 days to deliberate and reach a unanimous verdict and punishment (if accused is found guilty). The jury may vote to implement another round of debate by a majority vote. After another round of debate, the jury will have 12 more days to reach a unanimous verdict and punishment (if found guilty). This cycle can repeat.

c. The Prosecution and defendant may call upon any nation as witness

d. Bearing false witness or any other inappropriate behaviour in a court room will be punished by being first banned from court and referred to the presiding Nation for punishment.

e. At the conclusion of the trial period, except for in extenuating circumstances the jury shall vote and the verdict handed down.

f. All sentences will be executed by the Imperial Regnant, normally on the advice of the Law Minister.

g. The Imperial Regnant shall have the power to pardon the accused if found guilty, thereby overturning the decision to not guilty.

h. The Council can overturn a pardon by unanimous decision.

i. If a pardon is overturned, The Council will vote on a punishment fitting to the crime by a majority vote.

j. Re-offenders shall be dealt with more severally

k. The Minister for Law shall keep public record of all accounts related to the above.

NOTE: Possible punishments
- Banning and ejection from the Imperial League
- Ejection from the Imperial League
- Being barred from holding a council office
- A firm Warning

Section 3.4 The Definition of a Crime

a. Any action that a nation takes which defies the laws put forth in any section of Published Regional Law is a crime.

b. Any action, which is not outlined in this document, and paints a nation’s character in a poor light and is deemed so by his peers is a crime.

Section 3.5 Miscellaneous

a. The Imperial Regnant during times of war or crisis, may use her powers as she feels to restore peace and safety to the region.

b. For small trivial offences the Law minister or the Imperial Regnant may deliver an infringement notice to the wrongful party.

Section 3.3 Trial and Sentencing

l- If the jury cannot reach a unanimous verdict and punishment (if found guilty), the presiding Nation will decide the verdict and punishment (if found guilty).

Section 1.4 The Imperial Viceroy

a. The Imperial Viceroy is defined as the holder of the WA Delegacy of The Imperial League.

b. The Imperial Viceroy will be appointed by WA nations on the suggestion of The Imperial Regnant.

c. The Imperial Viceroy’s main duties concern voting on WA proposals as he or she feels fit.

d. In the event that the Imperial Regnant should take a leave of Absence, The Imperial Viceroy will be handed executive control of the Region until the Regnant’s return

e. Should The Imperial Viceroy attempt a unnecessarily usurp control of the region or abuse their powers.

f. In the unlikely event of the Imperial Regnant’s death, The Imperial Viceroy will serve as head of the Imperial League until a new Imperial Regnant is elect and the region can be re-founded. This only applies if there is no active legislation regarding the succession of the Imperial Regnancy.

Section 1.2 The Council

h. All nations of The Imperial League have the right, unless personally instructed otherwise, to address the council within the council chambers.

Atticatia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Atticatia » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:27 am

I vote yes to all changes, effective after current trial.

Soviet Reformed America
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Reformed America » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:17 pm

I also use my vote for yes to these changes, effective post trial.

Mikail
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikail » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:47 pm

I approve of the changes as long as they are in effect after the ongoing trial.

Great Anastasia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Anastasia » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:08 pm

That is three votes, there is another 48 hours left of voting, I would think that after that time the jury will have come to a conclusion; however if they do not,I will only implement the legislation that does not interfere with the courts

Civolpaedia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Civolpaedia » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:29 am

I give my Yes vote to the above legislation.

Civolpaedia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Civolpaedia » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:05 am

The "Standardization of Currencies in The Imperial League" Act (Voluntary):

Introduction: An Act to Standardize the Unit of Currency Utilized within the Member Nations of The Imperial League.

Recognizing: That it is in the Greater Interest of the members of The Imperial League, that trade be made easy, simple, and standardized. This will enable quicker conversions, smoother commerce, among Member Nations of The Imperial League.

In such a recognition, The Minister of Trade, Councillor N.D. Swan of Civolpaedia, for The Imperial League, highly recommends, that Member Nations, Adopt for theirNational Currency, the Gold Coin.

Drafted, this December 23rd, 2012, 0105hrs, Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Councillor N.D. Swan, Minister of Trade, The Imperial League
of Civolpaedia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents