NATION

PASSWORD

War from the Mountains (IC, Lost Age, PT/FanT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Honorisia
Minister

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

War from the Mountains (IC, Lost Age, PT/FanT)

Postby Honorisia » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 pm

This RP is open to anyone participating in the Lost Age RP group. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=200562 This is a continuation of ,Into the Peaks, found here. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=207484

For three days the rebels had been camped in the foothills below the great peaks that towered above the humans below. Armies mobilized across the kingdom, preparing for the threat from the east. Two thousand people had fled the city of Kush almost a month prior, and now the soldiers had returned with an army. Ten thousand fighting men had joined together in an alliance of tribes and groups. They faced a powerful nation, fielding equally massive armies, and capable of waging an extended war. The rebels needed to win a decisive battle early on, or face destruction. On top of all the other problems, various foreign influences are already trying to influence the outcome of the civil war, meaning that the side that wins will be indebted to a foreign power. The days have arrived, brother against brother, father against son. This nation would never be the same again
Factbook for my PT nation, Naradia
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
Makes me proud to be Canadian
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Ruttledge, Commander of the 1st Free Legion, stood at the head of the army. The man who wore the bear skins stood at his side, dwarfing Ruttledge despite the fact that he was atop a warhorse. His five hundred men were arranged in a shield-wall, flanked on each side by a horde of tribal warriors and the beasts of war they had brought. He faced them, shouting his speech that would inspire his men to fight. "Men, we left as refugees. We will return as liberators! Now we march on the Perisigarde, for your land, for your families, and for freedom! We will prevail." The force began to march in their ranks towards the Kingdom, the capital, and their home. Bear-man gave a soft chuckle and said to Ruttledge "You and that prince of yours certainly know how to speak in public. Always giving your damn speeches." Ruttledge chuckled with him and replied "Aye, but sometimes a speech or two are neccessary." The two men then took their places as the commanders of the army as the entire force marched on the Kingdom ahead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oliyan stumbled through a hole in the cave wall and fell, straight down two hundred feet. He landed in a deep pool of water, his splash seeming miniscule next to the splash of the winged beast that burst out of the cave after him. He swam desperately for the surface, fleeing the beast that chased him. The beast rose up, out of the water, and into the sky with Oliyan clutching on for dear life. The beast spun and dislodged Oliyan from its back. He fell back to the ground, bounced down the cliffside and landed at the waterside. The beast descended to his motionless body and landed soundlessly next to him.
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Oliyan's eyes opened with a start. He saw three blurred figures of the great beasts that had chased Oliyan from the cave hovering over his broken body. He couldn't move to escape nor make a noise without great pain. Struggling to speak, despite the blood he saw streaming onto the ground, his voice gurgled out three mumbled words "Please help me." The creatures stared at him as they faded into darkness. One of them gently touched one of the spikes on its snout to Oliyan's chest. Red light spread from the point of contact across his body, healing his wounds as the soft, warm light reached them. The Beast then gently lifted Oliyan's body across its snout and slowly clambered up the cliff towards the cave embedded into it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oliyan found himself having strange dreams. He was flying so high in the sky, held up by only the power of the wind. Then the wind stopped and he plummeted towards the earth, but he did not crash. Instead he passed through the ground and descended to a level of the earth that was filled with fire, cries of pain, and an evil laugh that emanated from the walls themselves. A voice, ancient and powerful, spoke "I will find you one day prince, and on that day you will bow to me. All your country shall serve me and with them I shall impose my will upon the whole world. All I have said will come to be, for you will bow before the Sun God, Ka, and he will assume his rightful place upon the throne of the world. Now leave me puny human, for I have a world to conquer."

The knights of kings
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:51 am

Hundreds of loose pages danced in the wind, flying free and throwing themselves into spectacular spirals. The sky was gloomy green and thunder cracked off in the misty distance, the land was flat yet tunnels and walls made of ancient tomes spiraled into the air. These tomes seemed to stretch on for an eternity and perhaps they do, yet this isn’t the realm of mere mortals no instead it is the resting place of a god, or so they say. These thousands, millions, billions of tomes filled with the knowledge of the universe are the physical matter of Mondoru. Mondoru, the god of knowledge, the one being who had unleashed the undead hordes into the hands of Ilia the queen on the damned upon the world. His presence is both revered and feared as he was to many omnipresent and all knowing. He slips into the very hearts of men and beast to learn of their secrets to add to his vast library. Since the opening of the portal at the beginning of the second undead war Mondoru's influence has attracted many scholars and alchemist into journeying to his realm to find enlightenment. Yet perhaps the powers of their own dark hearts consume them and they return twisted and crazed at what they have found. Mondoru has attracted many worshippers and cults have sprung up across the mortal plain to show his greatness even if it is repressed in certain regions. Still for years Mondoru seeks the heart and loyalty of every being and most of all their secrets, with this as his goal he has continually made contact with mortals of this world to sway their hearts with tempting propositions and the ability to hand over forbidden knowledge of ones foes.

A black spiral floated above the infinitely expanding library, several tomes fell from it, their pages fluttering as they fell to the ground below. Not long after a massive eye appeared at the center of the spiraling mass, its tainted green color showed it was not of any likeness of the mortal plane. Tendrils squirmed around the eye as it slowly blinked, the tendrils swung aimlessly as an octopus would while it rested. Out of the swirling blackness hundreds of all seeing eyes would appear and then vanish again as if drifting through the darkness, yet the one large eye in the center remained ever present. It was cold and unfeeling, merely an existence yet one that had become self-aware many millennium ago. Something that could never be fully understood nor fully comprehended, one could only see what their mind could comprehend. While the large eye and tendrils swung about a cultist appeared prostrating themself before the grotesque yet almost appealing being.

"Mondoru my lord the portal has been sustained as you commanded." The cultist spoke meekly as if before a great king, they wore black robes which covered the entire body with hoods to shroud their faces.

Mondoru's center eye concentrated on the cultists and even though there was no face to show emotion from the air one could tell he was quite pleased. The iris shifted so it’s all knowing power beheld the cultist who continued to look down daring not to look back.

Good good meek servant of mine...The voice seemed to drift into the ears of the cultist; it was graceful and flowed like sweet wine over the ears. Yet it was impossible to describe what it sounded like to anyone who had not yet been called by Mondoru. It sounded different to everyone some claim it was of a sweet woman others of a dominating king. Regardless it demanded respect with an almost nonchalant tone.

"My lord what will be your actions in our plane of existence if I may be blessed with your divine knowledge...” The cultist quivered as a slimy green tentacle wrapped around their waist.

A servent must know their place...yet I see it fit to bestow upon you my all-knowing power... The tentacle lifted the shrouded cultist up to the center eye which seemed to glow. The cultist shook uncontrollably in a seizure like manner, a powerful breeze swept over them and finally she went limp. Her hood had flown back revealing a beautiful elf girl skin and hair as fair as an angel. Her lips trembled speaking of incomprehensible texts. Her pupils where dilated and she gazed off as if her mind was gone yet it was quite the contrary. Her mind was drifting through a chasm of knowledge, yet to a mere mortal it was mostly gibberish. From what she could glean was a distant civil war. A man astride a war horse and near him a man wearing beast skin, they seemed to whisper yet she could not understand, though their faces seemed determine and..Warlike. When the elf finally came too she was still beheld in the tendril of Mondoru who if he had a mouth would most likely smiling deviously.

Indeed my daughter I hope to sway the hearts of man in every nation and of nations to be... the cultist elf was placed back on a pile of books as the eye disappeared into the spiraling black abyss and the tendrils shortly followed. With that the spiral faded into the green sky leaving the cultist alone who gracefully walked back into the endless library.

As the column of men marched toward their destination a cool breezy night would quickly befall on them. Than when Ruttledge laid his human limited body to rest Mondoru would make himself known and attempt to tie Ruttledge's fate to him.
Last edited by The knights of kings on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Numer
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Urvarys, Numer

Evening had descended upon the Numerian city of Urvarys, the jewel of the jungle. As violet and scarlet clouds danced upon the darkening sky, the god Manthamen drove the sun below while the bright moon was slowly revealed by his fellow deity Serin, the patron of Urvarys. But the city did not sleep, for Numerian cities hardly do; bright torches and lights illuminated the city as loud music played in the bathhouses and brothels and the screams of the dying echoed around the fighting pits.

Yet the court of the lugalesh stood quiet and serene despite the usual nightlife noise occurring outside. Most of the city's lugals as well as the lugalesh had traveled to the delta capital at Sepris to attend the wedding of the Ensi's heir, and only the youngest daughter of House Myathu remained, along with a few slaves, to maintain order in ancient Urvarys.

Sarhisket Myathu was a clever young woman, and readily understood business, helping her father run their powerful ivory and pelt trade. But no work needed to be done now, and she sat upon her father's throne, a carved mahogany chair draped in jaguar and panther pelts, while sipping honeybeer from a silver goblet. A slave occasionally poured her more of the Numerian drink while a group of musicians played for her.

Like nearly all of Numerian buildings, the Lugalesh's palace was made of mud-bricks, but it held the refineries of rich homes; fine carpets and tapestries from Sepris draped the walls alongside marble statues, beautiful mosaics and paintings portrayed the tales of the Numerian religion as well as historical events, and brightly colored flora all displayed the wealth of the city. Numerians, always treating water with a reverent and mystical fascination, usually had mad-made streams run throughout homes, and the palace was no different. Along the perimeter of the great hall fast-flowing water provided some coolness from the tropical heat outside, while golden bowls atop pedestals held bright fires, providing light for the room.

Sarhisket stared hypnotized into one of the fires while a song from her youth played. Although the musicians played it without singing, she remembered the words. It told of ancient Numer, while no single ruler ruled, city-states constantly rivaling each other with many ensis ruling the land. More specifically, it told of Ensi Jagatgur of Urvarys, whose own son led a revolt against his rule. In the end, Jagatgur killed his son on the battlefield, and although his rule was firmly established, he then had no heir, and his house dissolved, cruel rival houses absorbing its assets and trade contacts.

"A sad tale," she muttered to herself. "But a beautiful one nonetheless," said a sinister voice across from her. Sarhisket looked up, slightly frightened, but her demeanor quickly changed from alarmed to annoyed. It was her father's spymaster, Hetcamun. "What is it, lord of whisperers?" She hoped the man spoke quickly and left; she never trusted him, even as a little girl.

"Your father asked me to keep an eye on the new peoples emerging across the continent. Ever since the Rifting it seems like more and more savage tribes and 'kingdoms' are finally civilizing into regional powers-"

"I am aware of today's politics, Hetcamun, now spit it out. You're dampering my mood." Sarhisket interrupted. Hetcamun smiled behind his dark blue robes, which only revealed his darker eyes. Sarhisket reminded the spymaster of himself when he was just a young man, rude but strong. "It seems a civil war has erupted in Kalrush, to the west. There is no clear advantage to either side. I suggest we get involved."

He had sparked Sarhisket's interest. "Why?"

"Because we gain many trading privileges if the side we support wins, as the new kingdom will be indebted to us...but there is another reason. My associates at the cult of Serin has informed me of a rather disturbing vision of his. It seems Mondoru has supported a side."

Sarhisket nearly shuddered. The strange god Mondoru had taken more of an interest in human affairs than many of his divine brethren. Although most Numerians acknowledged other people's gods' existence, they usually regarded their own as superior or the other as simple reincarnations of the Numerian pantheon. The Numerian gods were familiar and fascinating, and most were at least somewhat good.

Mondoru was different. He was a foreign god, not regularly foreign but...foreign. He was enigmatic, yet regularly intervened in mortal's affairs- some speculated that he was not even a god at all, but a very powerful sorcerer. Who else but a mortal would care so much about the mortal plane? His cult was mysterious, its members a well-hated pariah in Numerian society, and all those who returned from his great 'library' returned mad. And it was he who granted the Undead Mistress her army, an evil action if their ever was one. If even the detached and otherworldly Numerian god of knowledge, Serin, wished to curb his influence, then Modoru was certainly not a benevolent being.

Hetcamun continued. "I believe we should send a spy to find out more...I think whichever side Mondoru is on, we should oppose."

"For once in my life, I agree with you, Hetcamun. Send one of your men to Kalrush to find out more." Sarhisket continued to drink her honeybeer, now worrying about what was to come.
Last edited by Numer on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.
My FanT Factbook

"Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Agrini, Archeia

Seri walked quietly across the open courtyard which was blanketed by the shroud of night. The bright moon the center of Luna elf mythos and religion hung low as it usualy over Agrini, close enough to see the craters which dominated its featureless landscape. It was often said that Luna elves had been formed at the very beginning of time by a meteor striking the moon and the debri was formed into people. This ment the elves of Agrini where children of the moon and the moon their mother, for unkown reasons the moon always seemed to appear closer from Agrini as if keeping a watchful eye. The flowers of Agrini also seemed to love the moon only blossoming at night and Luna elves reguraly slept during the day being nocturnal.

Still the goddess of the moon, Luna, had been exceedingly active in the mortal plane as of late. The Arch-Curate Lia had been given a vision in the marble shrine of Luna of Mondoru who had been on the move. Though Luna was the goddess of the moon and a benevolent one at that Mondoru was the god who let the elves of Agrini cultivate such an intelligent society to rival others. It was to Mondoru they owed all the advancements in medicine and sciene, it was often believed only Luna elves could venture into the infinite realm of Mondoru without being driven insane by the darkness.

Seri herself was drapped in a light silky dress which had been crafted by a special type of spider which cast its web at midnight. Seri's fair skin and light blonde hair shown in the brilliance of the moon as her shoeless feet crossed into the soft dewy grass. Her hands caressed the marble railing over looing the cliff, the vibrant city below her buzzed with business. Laterns lit illuminated on high strings giving off a festive light. Seri smiled and leaned on her elbows, she enjoyed this view which stretched for miles. The Agrini elves where reclusive having not assisted in anyway on the outside world other than in trade. This way Agrini culture was preserved and Seri was able to cast her loving eyes onto the city below. Yet a rustling behind her caused her to gaze back over her bare shoulders.

A Hyadin guard stood encased in armour that was pale white and blue, his spear clutched in his armoured hands. Her guard or more like her babysitter the religious higher up did their best to ensure she didnt do anything rash. With a soft sigh she lifted herself and walked silently into the temple of Lunas. Its high ceiling and large arching stain glass windows depicting the Agrinir people allowed the moonlight in. A vast star map dotted the ceiling and center dome which hung above a gigantic fountain carved intricately with heros and gods. In its basin several lightly glowing figures hair drapping in the water and wings unfurled lay the great fairies. One great fairy saw her and gestured her to join them. As she put her feet in the water it rippled around her and the fairy smiled lifting a bowl from which she drank. The water was sweet as to be expected when the goddess appeared. Seri walked into the fountain up to her waistand began to pray in the sereneness of the temple.

My child Mondoru calls you do not fear him for he protects you... A womans voice fluttered through the temple, it was benevolent and warmhearted as a mother. Yet just as it appeared it was gone again the sweet music of the goddess faded. Seri was slightly confused usually the goddess was more involved and this concerned her. Yet she took this a sign, she nor any Luna elf was afraid of Mondoru and followed him even if his goals where shrouded in mystery.

Visperia (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Visperia (Ancient) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:31 pm

The Temple, Well of the Worlds, Priest's Barracks

The Seer's eyes snapped open, his mouth opened. The scribes paused, pens poised over their books, ready to take down the words of the All-Spirit, or a recounting of a vision.
Instead, the Seer screamed. A purely human sound of anguish and fear that filled the small stone chamber. Some of the scribes grimaced and covered their ears, others looked in concern at the writhing, sweating Low Elf on his throne. The Seer stopped after what seemed an eternity, then drew in a deep, labored breath.

"Darkness from without the world comes bearing sweetly poisoned death in the person of its slave, and the False Light seeks to become a curse to this world's-realm. The Young Phoenix must go forth, and spread his wings over the war-torn lands to thwart the designs of the evil and the false. The way is difficult and obscure. Look to the Light that lives of its own accord. Look to it, lest the world be covered once more in darkness..."

With that, the Seer slumped down in the throne, exhausted.

Hawk's Eyrie, Visperia

"I know I need to go, Father. I just don't understand who I'm supposed to trust, damnit!"
The older man moved instinctively, and the young man yelped as the callused hand of a warrior smacked him upside the face.
"What was that for?" Prince Caius asked, his blue eyes blazing with barely contained anger.
"I told you to never swear in my presence." Achilleus, Phoenix Lord of the Mountains and High Emperor of the Four Tribes, hissed. "Regnator or not, you have a lot of learning to do, my Prince. The Almighty will make it clear to you who to trust. "Seek the will of the Omnipotent, and it will be revealed to you". Has it not been written so?"
"Yes, father." Caius sighed and slumped in his seat. "I just wish I knew more before embroiling myself in a civil war."
"You're not." Achilleus said bluntly. "Your mission is to stop the reigning King , and if the Mondoran infidels subvert the rebels, which you should endeavor also to stop, then keep them from winning. And you will not be alone. We already have agents in the country placed to keep it de-stabilized, should that prove necessary. You will be taking the Ignus Deus, which as you are aware, is..."
"Our flagship airship. Yes, father, I know. But I am a prince. Won't that be a tad too visible?"
"Play things cooly, my son. You will dock in the capital city in a fortnight. Pretend to be a friend to them, and all you find, and keep your eyes and ears open, especially to their beliefs about this 'god' of theirs. All the while, we will be making contact with the Rebel forces. You will receive a communique as to which side you should support within a week of arriving, if it isn't clear."
Last edited by Visperia (Ancient) on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<Puppet of AS and Gratia Infinita>

"the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”
---JRR Tolkien, The Return of the King

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Oliyan awoke from his slumber and spoke with on of the creatures that stood aside him "What do you know about the name Ka?" The beast blinked once then a deep guttural voice sounded in his mind "To tell you the tale of Ka is to tell you the tale of my people. Our leader has forbidden this knowledge from the minds of outsiders." Another one of the creatures thundered its way into the cavern. A lighter more gentle and feminine voice sounded in Oliyan's mind "The time is now. We have decided to share our story with you. We chose this for two reasons. First, you have demonstrated moral fibre in your actions, most notably taking the people of Kush and fleeing from your father. Secondly, we believe that together we can combat the supernatural forces vying for the control over the fate of this land." Oliyan stood and leaned against the wall of the cave. "If we are to work together than what shall I call you?" The female beast blinked once and spoke "I am Perise, my companion is Riel." Oliyan turned to face Perise "If you are willing, I will share with you the story of our race." Oliyan nodded his assent and Riel took up the story "Ages ago, even before the legend of the Achesian Empire began, our race roamed free over Casibica. We were so numerous that even the hordes of the undead could not rival our numbers. There was one of us by the name of Karon that held ambition to rule over the ancient lands that we resided in. He killed an elder, and by means yet unknown to us, stole the strength of both his body and spirit. Becoming more powerful than any single one of us he began to exterminate our race. Every loss of life only increased his powers. Desperate our race began to look for ways to stop the menace. In a final climactic battle we managed to force him into a deep slumber, with great losses of our own. We had won, yet we mourned. The menace had survived and still lived on. He had no need of the body that we destroyed. He lived on, styling himself as a God to the people living in this region. Over the ages he made his name as Ka, The Lord of the Sun and Skies. Now it appears that he has decided to intervene in the affairs of these lands. Ka is evil, no doubt about that. He wants nothing more than control over this world." Oliyan finished fitting his gauntlets and spoke "How many of your race remain alive today?" Riel spoke in a mournful tone, remembering the days before the disaster. "Only two hundred and thirty five of us are still alive. Not enough to oppose Ka." The prince stood proud, defiant, and brave. "Our numbers do not matter. We will win because we must. I leave in an hour, all who wish to join me shall meet me at the head of the valley in an hour." Perise stared at the young man before her for a moment then spoke "What would you intend to do, my brave young hero?" Oliyan laughed and spoke "Do? Why I intend to stop Ka, save my people, and alter the fate of the world itself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The rebel host had marched many miles in the space of a day. Now they had made camp at the burnt ruins of the city of Kush. The great army was settled into the ruins, sleeping if not comfortably in the burnt out shells of homes and shops. Rutledge himself slept along side the Bear-Man in the husk of a guard barracks. As the night drifted onwards, Ruttledge found himself slipping into a sleep deeper than any he had ever experienced before.

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Seri stood waist deep in the sparkling waters of the Luna temple fountain and shrine. Her eyes soft and hesitant to act as the fairies stepped back from her in a cautious manner. As if on a signal a black spiral appeared before her she made an unpleasent face as a grotesque eye appeared surrounded by a multitude of tendrils. Several other spirals appeared alibet smaller and only tentacles appeared in those ones which swung with ill intent. Seri kept her calm she did not fear the god of knowledge in fact he was part of their culture and reavered for his knowledge. She bowed in the water which reflected the moonlight giving the air a sparkling quality.

"My lord what is the divine cause of this visit. Not often we recieve you in our humble temple." Seri's voice was soft befitting of a priestess.

Seri my child a war in the south is about to begin. I seek only to inform my followers of my actions that I shall sway the hearts of man and his actions to stretch my influnce. I desire to create a pack of nations to unite under one banner of peace so that my actions may be more potent in this realm... His voice along with the spirals of tentacles disappeared in an instant leaveing Seri and the fairies alone in the shimmering temple.

Rebel army camp

As Ruttledge drifted into his mind asleep and surrounded by the ash ruins of a once great city Mondoru made his first action. Instead of some vibrant false life which one could come to expect from a dream Ruttledge would find himself in a green field a lone oak tree standing on a hill surrounded by lush fields. The sky was clear except for several pure white whisps of cloud, the sun radiated a happy warmth and the flowers danced with color. Underneath the cool shade of the oak tree an elf sat playing a silver harp, with every graceful pluck of the strings beautiful music beyond the capacity of mortals played. The music seemed to pull at Ruttledge, the elf girl smiled softly as if calling to him.

"Brave soldier will you not come and sit with me." Her voice was like a soft breeze and enveloped him in its beauty.

Oliyan
As Ruttledge continued to slumber in the ashes Mondoru continued on to find one he had come to develop a great interest in. One who would prove useful and a powerful ally against any other foe that would try to intervene in this civil war. A mortal by the name of Oliyan who was as far as Mondoru working for a better future for his people, Mondoru could offer him many ways with his vast intellect. Mondoru could hear thousands of conversations and as his mind sifted through them he could hear Oliyan speaking of his desires. Mondoru followed these intense desire to its source to make himself known and heard.

Before Oliyan a spiral abyss appeared much like that before Seri. The eye appeared followed by a massive growth of tentacles which swung about aimlessly. The eye seemed to concentrate on the man and then the beast which seemed to accompany him. Without a face it was impossible to tell the mood of Mondoru yet he seemed pleased, very pleased.

Oliyan...would be saviour of your people...You wish to alter the destiny of the world that could ultimately meet its end? Than your desires move with mine...I come here with the hopes of combining our fates so that the best possible outcome may be thrust into the light...

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Ruttledge
Ruttledge gazed at the beautiful elven girl that played the music with curiosity. Moving closer to the elegant music that seemed to draw him closer he spoke "Little elf, it is not often that I would see one of your kind, even if this only be a dream. What is it that I do owe the pleasure of such company? For my dreams tonight should be of war and death, but yet here I stand, next to an elf maiden who's beauty is undeniable." Ruttledge gently lowered himself onto the soft grass next to the elf.

Oliyan
Perise and Riel growled in deep tones that made Oliyan nervous. "Peace you two. Do not frighten this new guest away as you tried to do to me." The two creatures slowly, warily lowered the fringe of spikes that adorned their bodies. Turning to the eye that had emerged from the swirling vortex of energy Oliyan recognized that he was in the presence of something far more powerful than him, something that might even rival the power of Ka himself. "Great being, I seek to alter the fate of the world do as to make it independent of incredibly powerful beings such as yourself. I mean you no offence, but as I am already vowed to destroy one all powerful god, it would be foolish to bind my fate to another. You may claim that you seek peace, and you might at the moment be speaking the truth, but I want nothing more than the independence of the mortal races. I see no way to fulfill that outcome if I join you." Oliyan finished his statement forcefully. Perise bowed her head to Oliyan and said "Riel and I will go now to gather those who wish to fight. Perise and Riel then moved of with a speed Oliyan had not seen before. Their colourless bodies flashing in the light of the sun as they went. Oliyan turned back to the great eye, now alone with a being who's aura of power was overwhelming.

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Even before the Council of Winterwald brought order to the icy northlands of Zelbae the Great Houses were able to stay connected to the rest of the world through there many ports and galleys. The Houses of Zelbae internally suffered for ages with the roads plagued by bandits, barbarians, monsters and until the Blood Pack vampires. For many cities and villages the oceans were the one way the people could safely travel and trade, giving birth to a vast fleet that soon looked beyond the Icy seas of the north to increase their wealth and influence. Often captains found information could sometimes be a valuable as any good should they be the one to carry it swift enough, and so soon after a king burned one of his own cities the Lords of Winterwald heard of it.

"Captain a raven port off the stern!"

Dark wings swift words. It seems the council has decided what path to steer our vast fleet.

Bryce Laron had been a captain of his galley Blacktyde for a decade, yet never felt at ease leaving port before knowing what the council would decide the purpose of his journey is. Too often the manipulation of the lords, made whatever cargo he brought not quite the perfect instruments for his duty. He was loyal to his lords and father Bruce Laron, the Lord of Laronia, his house, till the end, yet still their bureaucratic habits drove him to the brink of madness some days. This time, however, Bryce knew his fleet had exactly what was needed. They were headed for a war.

Bryce extended his hand and let the carefully trained raven land on the stone Bryce wore that magically bound the raven as a messenger. With his other hand he pulled the piece of parchment from its leg and unfurled its message.

As decreed by the Council and Archon of Winterwald-
The fleet is to continue to the Kingdom of Kalrush with all haste possible. The powers in the south have become aware of this civil war you sail to, and all watch with interest. Word has spread that Numer moves to seek trade relations in exchange for support, and others are surely to follow. You must sail to their coast and ensure that their coastal cities are either protected or taken in a manner that supports our interests. Furthermore our spies have told us rumors have spread that the cults of Mondoru seek to root themselves in the Kingdom while the country remains in chaos. While the cults must not compromise our trade routes their spread may ensure enough disorder and conflict to encourage better partnership and agreements with their merchants and port cities. Fight for who controls the ports, or if you must, take them for whoever will rule the nation.

Bryce crumpled the note in his hand and threw it to the waters. In the distance the coasts of the Kingdom of Kalrush loomed.

War. War was the one thing be it lords, captains, or commoners saw the same in the north. War was for glory. War was for influence. War was for profit. Most of all war was for men and warriors, who wished to die for a high place in the great halls of Undeath. We will find ports here to take our ships, battles for our axes, and fresh scars for our stories. For the glory of my house and all others of the north we will fight a battle that shall forever be remembered in these lands. Leaving the ports forever welcoming.

"SEND WORD TO THE FLEET THAT WE SAIL FOR GLORY AND BATTLES TO COME IN THIS NEW LAND!"

"AYE CAPTAIN!"

The roars of 3,000 Zelbaen sailors could be heard for leagues across the ocean and coast.
Last edited by Dbrought on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:38 pm

A deep throaty and ancient voice sounded in the castle. None could understand the voice for it did not speak any of the languages of the land. None but the King and his pet sorcerer could understand the meaning of these words. The deep rumbling halted and all was silent in the great palace.

Two men sat next to a fire in a large circular room. "David my king, Ka has spoken. He says that your own son has allied himself with a foreign god. He has committed heresy against The Lord of the Sun and Skies. What is thy bidding my master?" The king swung his head away from the fire and towards Masifar "My son, my own flesh and blood has turned against me?" The king was almost pleading with his magician, "Yes my king. It seems that he has turned his back on you completely." David Oriyan sat atop his throne and wept, believing his son had turned against him. The door to the chamber began to shake with the noise of a messenger. "Masifar, would you please make him go away." The magician bowed and answered the door. A herald stood there. Upon seeing the frail old sorcerer he began to recite his message, "Message from the docks good sir. Some of our fishing vessels have returned from their work with news of a great fleet off our coast." The herald bowed and stepped out of the room, waiting for a return message. "Well my lord? What do you wish to do about this fleet, not to mention the rabble of rebels that have taken refuge among your lands?" The king stood and crossed the room for the door where Masifar stood. "You will meet with whoever is the leader of this fleet. I trust that you understand the niceties of diplomacy?" "Of course my king. I shall depart with our fleet to treat with these foreigners. What shall you do?" I will rally the armies in the port cities. The northern armies will be recalled and redeployed to Perisagarde. The rebels will throw themselves against our defenses and be completely destroyed."

With that the king and his sorcerer parted ways, Masifar heading for the docked ships in the harbour, while the King made his way to the command centre of the armies. From there the king would send out messengers to all corners of the kingdom and summon troops forward to defend the capital.
Last edited by Honorisia on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:30 am

Ruttledge

The elf girl continued to smile pleasently as she played the sweet music. Her eyes gazed off as she listened to his questions, her eyes where a faint blue and seemed to have been present for many things. Finaly she looked at Ruttledge her fair hands softly touched his cheek carefully.

"Sir you flatter me but you are wrong to think this dream is not of war...of death. Ruttledge the road before you is frought with danger and steel. I wish to preserve you in the coming days of combat..." Her voice fadded to a whisper as if she could already see the blood shed spread across the fields. Her hands ruffled through a small satchel by her side before revealing several tomes, their torn cover suggested their continual usage. She placed them on his lap and stood the wind gently brushing back her braided hair.

"Those tomes contain the defenses of the cities that surround you both friend and foe. The details of the capitol's military force. This knowledge comes to you as my part to see your revolution is succesful and that your troops remain safeguarded. When you awake these tomes will be beside you. Now quickly the sun is rising and the war is heating up." The bright sun appeared over the oak tree as if shouting to wake up. But before the dream could end the elf girl looked back, with an almost whisper she warned.

"Beware the company Ruttledge..." She faded as did the world around him.

Fawnnorth, Empire of Man

A man dressed in a fine business suit quickly strode down the halls of the East Empire main offices. The buildings where several stories tall and carved of beautiful white stone, these buildings stuck out amongst the usual buildings in the Empire of Man and even the palace seemed slightly less lavish by comparison. A large flag was cast over the balcony of the center entrance which bore the seal of the company. Armed guards stood outside though they were the companies own private army and not associated with the ruiling houses of the empire. Yet even so there was no quicker way about the offices than walking just as the man did as he took a sharp left into the main reception area.

Hundreds of business men sat about at desks writing, counting, and filing unaware of any business outside their own. Other merchants showed up to advertise their wares or simply put their well earned money into the banking system set up here. Regardless none of this concerned the man as he stepped infront of the large oak double doors to Chairman Pendrew's office. The two armed guards stood at attention their eyes shifting but bodies never fidgeting from their position. The man simply opened the door which clattered close behind him. Suddenly a wave of heat brushed against his face. An empty desk cluttered with papers sat before him, his eyes slimmed confused. Yet he simply turned and found Mr. Prendrew standing with a fine suit on infront of the large fire place, its brilliant flames dancing in the air crackling wildly. Pendrew's face was glowing red from the fire as if hell itself was ablaze before him.

"Ah sir?" The man whimpered quietly. "I have a message from the king."

Pendrew did not even move, his eyes fixated on the fire. Yet he stuck out his palm to recieve the letter. The man placed it in his hand and Pendrew unsealed it with his hand tearing it slightly. With his free hand he reached for his cane, his badge of office. With no expression on his face he crumpled the letter tossing it in the fire. The letter turned black before being destroyed completely. The man was taken aback no one dared disgrace the words of the king in the capitol.

"Sir with all due respect!" He began feeling his words tumble.

"Silence." Pendrew said calmly,his hand dug into his pocket revealing another sealed letter almost identical. "These are the kings orders."

The man was confused and took the letter, this fake was very convinceing. He looked at Pendrew as if to confirm what he had just been handed.

"The king has ordered us to begin an arms deal with the kingdom in the south which has been engulfed in civil war. Our mission is to profit and support the already existing king of Kalrush, send an envoy with our wares and several chests to ensure that all goes well." Pendrew turned to the man his eyes held a danger in them, what that ment was anyones guess.

A merchant fleet slapped against the waves making their way to the kingdom of which was at war. As they sailed a sailor spotted a galley most likely part of a larger task force and certainly heading for the same area.
Last edited by The knights of kings on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numer
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Perisagarde, Kalrush

It was not easy to get from Urvarys all the way to the capital of Kalrush, but Harnezzar was good at what he did, and his master Hetcamun had provided him with plenty of funds. The Numerian assassin and spy first rode a fine stallion bought in Sadmarrah past the barbarian grasslands to the west of Numer. Once he had reached the Greenskin Lands, he was smart enough not to defy the Orcs; he paid their heavy toll and they escorted him across the vast steppes. Finally, after a bit more desolate travel with the occasional free city, Harnezzar arrived in Kalrush.

The land was greatly different from what he was used to. Numer was a paradise, a hot, exotic land of many rivers, thick jungles, bright flora, and vicious yet beautiful fauna. Although Kalrush had great majestic views, tall peaks and rolling hills, he found it a bit too cold for his liking- and it was so different from Numer, he couldn't help but dislike the place. Nonetheless, he saw the value of the emerging country. It was full of resources, with a population quite willing to trade, and the Numerian lugals would greatly benefit from its alliance.

But there was another reason the Numerian Empire had to get involved in distant Kalrush; apparently the cult of Mondoru was growing here, the foreign god of knowledge whispered about from taverns and back-alley gambling dens to the highest circles of nobility. No real converts had yet emerged, but just like across Casabica, the religion would spread if not curbed. And the last thing Numer needed was a conduit civilization for the strange god to to use.

Hopefully, the information gathered by Harnezzar could put a stop to it. However it would be a problem to gain intelligence while looking so foreign; like all Numerians, Harnezzar had black hair, tan skin, and dark brown eyes, a stark contrast from the pale-skinned people of Kalrush. Luckily, he had planned for that. He wore black robes which covered his entire body except for his eyes, a small turban wrapped atop his head. Hopefully this mysterious appearance would be enough to intimidate potential contacts and draw away from his accent and ethnicity.

Harnezzar decided he would pay a visit to one of the loyalist forces; the rebels in their disarrayed camp among the ruins of Kush would be much easier to infiltrate, and the spy would prefer to get over the hard part first. Harnezzar entered the city through the front gates with a series of caravans, hidden within the loud, raucous crowd.

Once inside Perisagarde, he decided he would find his potential source now, and then confront them later within their home. Perisagarde was a bustling city, and he had no trouble simply blending in with the many peoples within the metropolis. Once Harnezzar noticed that the stench of livestock and the cries of merchants began to die down, he realized he was in the city's government quarter. He would stick out like a sore thumb here, so he quickly ascended the rooftops. Leaping across building tops, he noticed a massive central square, with many important, wealthy citizens talking amongst themselves in small groups or running errands.

A esteemed man draped in fine robes walked near the temple; Harnezzar figured him for a chief priest or magical adviser to the king. He thought about selecting him, but didn't trust the man's powers- Harnezzar didn't know what kind of spells the wizard had up his sleeve. He then noticed a heavily armored man leaving the palace, probably the king's military advisor.

He would do just fine, Harnezzar noted to himself. He had found his contact, whether the brute man knew it or not. Harnezzar began to follow the man among the rooftops, and noticed him go into a fairly large house in the rich district of the city. It must have been his home. Harnezzar was about to leap onto its roof when he heard a shout.

"Hey! Hey you! You can't be up here!" An archer behind the Numerian spy shouted, drawing an arrow from his quiver. "Jash. Shit," Harnezzar swore to himself first in Numerian and then in the common tongue- he wasn't supposed to kill anyone, but this guardsmen would undoubtably inform his superiors. With a blink of an eye, Harnezzar drew the small crossbow from his shoulder and fired a bolt at the archer, piercing the man's throat.

The guard was stunned for a moment, dropping his bow and gripping at his neck. Dark crimson blood flowed down the man's arms and chest as he tried to speak, but all that came out was a gurgling sound as he continued to clutch his neck and the bolt embedded in it. Harnezzar saw that the archer was about to fall backwards, off the rooftop and into the street. That would be disastrous, alarming all of the men-at-arms in the city.

Harnezzar sprinted to the dying man and grabbed him just as he was about to descend, throwing him back toward the center of the roof. The Numerian quickly got the man comfortable in his last moments, resting him on his back. "May Cheops protect your journey to paradise, or to a new life, if you were wicked," Harnezzar said solemnly, taking the bolt from the man's jugular and placing it back with his crossbow.

Wiping the blood from his hands, Harnezzar then stood and began to run again. He leaped from the rooftop into the top, open window of the advisor's building, a jump so quick the commoners below were none the wiser. He was now within a well-furnished, elegant bedroom. He chuckled at the imported Numerian carpet on the floor; since Numer was not directly trading with Kalrush yet, the carpet must have made its way hand-to-hand all the way to Perisagarde.

"Miss home too?" Harnezzar whispered jokingly to the rug, when he heard a small whimper. A noble woman was in the room, dressed in only a nightgown- the wife of the military advisor! Before she screamed, Harnezzar grabbed her and quickly covered her mouth, putting a sharp, curved dagger to her throat. He felt a pang of guilt at treating a woman so violently, but realized she would be a great bargaining chip for any information.

Harnezzar then stood behind her facing the door, using his hostage as a human shield, and hoped it was her husband's footsteps now approaching the door. Luckily it was, and the veteran's face went from a bright smile to shock and then anger as he saw Harnezzar and his wife. Harnezzar was quick to speak before him.

"Don't call the guards yet, great general. Call and I slice your wife's throat open like a fresh dragonfruit. I am not here to extort you, I simply need information," Harnezzar said in his Numerian accent, "This will take less than five minutes, and then I'll leave, and you'll never see me again. But try to hunt me down, and I'll give your wife here another visit. Now, first question. Does the King of Kalrush or any of his council worship Mondoru?"
Last edited by Numer on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My FanT Factbook

Visperia (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Visperia (Ancient) » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Ignus Deus, Kalrush

(OOC: I know flying ships haven't been totally agreed upon. If it is a sticky issue, I will remove/change things...)

"Sire. We have reached the remains of the capitol. The rebel faction is encamped below." Caius turned from the book of history as the guard of the Wolf-Pack, majestic and stalwart in his armor and thick furs, ducked his head inside the door of his stateroom.

"Have they taken notice?"

"Yes sire. They have scrambled for cover and prepared their ballistae and catapults. Such of them they have."
Caius smirked. The Ignus Deus carried fourteen heavy ballistae, capable of firing incendiary bolts, and a variety of round shot. The commander of the rebel army had done the only advisable thing, but if Caius had wanted to fight, their preparations would have likely been in vain. He set the book down and laid aside his soft robe, standing in trousers and undershirt. "Very well, Anacletus. Bring me my armor. And bring Havoc. I think we should try to make an impression."

He stepped out into the narrow hallway. A cold draft gusted in from the open hatch, and he smiled as it chilled his skin. The mountains were cold themselves, and he was glad that this mountainous land was also cool. It felt like home.
Anacletus returned with another member of the Wolf Pack, carrying his armor, Havoc sheathed and slung over his shoulder. Caius stood spread-eagled as the warriors began the rite of armoring, a ceremony as old as the hills, dating back to the time of the Lawgiver.
"This your breastplate. May it guard your heart with the power of the All-Spirit from all foes, temporal and spiritual. May the Almighty keep you in purity."
The comfortable weight of the gilded cuirass settled on his shoulders and chest, the inlaid diamond eyes of the golden Phoenix catching the light in a cold glitter.
"These your vambraces. May they preserve you in strength and ability against weakness. May you stand strong before the All Spirit."
Anacletus buckled the fluted vambraces on, the stylized feathers fiercely vibrant against the silvery cold of the metal.
"This your kilt, to shield against the subtleties of the wicked foe. May the All-Father keep you upon your legs in the battle-press."
The heavy mail skirt settled around his hips, and the ritual continued as the Prince was kitted with bone-handled hunting sword that his people used for close engagements. Then, after he had received helm and greaves and all else, the second warrior stepped forth with his war-axe, Havoc. Caius smiled as he took the weapon in his hands. The leather sheath would remain over the diamond-edged axehead in token of peace. But if a fight broke out...Caius could wield the heavy axe as quickly and easily as a wooden toy. He was, after all, a Regnator. It was his gift. And the diamond edge could cleave an armored man in two with a blow.

"Let's lower a boat, shall we? Let's say ten men in full kit. Bring crossbows."

A few minutes later, the landing boat was ready in its hoists, and the crew carefully boarded, conscious of the hundreds of feet of empty air below them. The chains clanked as the 'boat', which was really more of a platform with shields, slowly descended to the ground. Caius glanced at the men. most were impassive, but one or two of the greener men clenched their repeating crossbows tightly in their hands. The crossbows were effective out to one hundred fifty yards against unarmored troops, but against armored troops...there was a reason the Visperians loved their axes.

The boat settled with a thump on the ash-coated street of the ruined city, and Caius and his escorts stepped out. The Prince was very conscious of the figure he cut, in his high plumed helm with his long blond hair flowing from beneath, Havok held confidently in the crook of one arm.

"I am Caius, son of the Phoenix Lord, who reigns King from Hawk's Eyrie over mountain, hill, plain, and sea. I bring arms and counsel."

"the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Kush

"Men, at ease." Ruttledge's order was obeyed instantly. The soldiers relaxed their grips they held on their spears and bows. Ruttledge himself emerged from one of the houses that was still relatively intact. "Well Sir Caius, I must say you came prepared for something. What could this be that you are prepared for? If it be for war the you have indeed found the place. However if it be the tyrant King that you support than I dare say that you will find little love among the city." Ruttledge moved as he spoke, flanked by the Bear-Man and an soldier bearing a massive shield. He came to rest twenty paces from the congregation of foreign warriors that tramped down the street.

Oliyan

All two hundred and thirty five of the ancient beasts stood, gathered in the valley around Oliyan. Perise herself stood guard next to Oliyan. Her soft motherly voice seemed to whisper in Oliyan's ear, invoking memories from his childhood in the palace at Perisagarde. "Sweet prince, Riel and I have gathered the Ancient Ones. Every one of us has chosen to fight Ka and end the civil war that tears apart your homeland. If it is acceptable to you, would you ride atop my back?" Oliyan smiled at the kindness of the ancient beast. "My dear, you need only say the word and I will allow you a reprieve from my weight."

The beasts set off at once, the speed at which they covered ground astonished Oliyan. Thrice, he thought that the entire group would crash into a mountain wall and be killed. The beasts simply leaped into the air and flew over their obstacle. They always returned to the land though, because they preferred to run than to fly. Soon they would reach Kalrush, and soon the battle for the fate of the world would begin.

Perisigarde, the docks

Masifar strode about the great piers, readying ships and marines for the short trip out to the massive fleet. "Make ready to sail boys. We leave before the sun reaches the highest point in the sky." The docks buzzed with movement. Swords and shields were being brought out to the ships for the use of the marines.

Half an hour later the fleet was underway. The black edges of the battering rams glinting as the water splashed over them. "Quite a fine day for the trip isn't it?" The captain realized that the magician was talking to him. "That depends on what you define as fine." Masifar looked down his hooked nose at the mariner "I define fine as the absence of terrible things." The mariner looked as if he wanted to reply to the sorcerer, but thought better of it. Masifar smiled to himself as he thought of the fleet master's concern when he learned that Masifar would only take four ships out to meet the foreign fleet. Well founded concern for a mortal, but Masifar had the power of Ka behind him. He would be able to fending have whatever you want for himself.

Perisagarde, General's house

The veteran general of thirty five years, stood silently. The man he beheld was threatening his wife, something that he had not expected to see when the woman had called for him a moment before. The cloaked figure spoke in an accent that the veteran had not heard before. "Leave my wife alone, then we can talk. I don't, just please, don't hurt her okay. Let her walk out of here alone and then you can have your information. You can have anything, just pleased leave her be.

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:04 am

Perisagarde

Five large fluyts cut through the water with ease each heavy with the cargo of weapons of war and luxuries for the home front. The wind was heavy bellowing the sails and letting the East Empire's flag to rustle and bask in the light of the sun. The ships traveled in a close knit pack to avoid harassment from local pirates or rouge navies, so as Perisagarde appeared on the horizon a sense of relief wiped over the ships. Yet when the foreboding sight of the Kalrush fleet approaching in their general direction it startled several of the crew members. They scurried about throwing tarps over the cargo and large creates hiding from the world their nature and presence. One the wooden deck a man stood carefully dressed like a plain naval officer, his blue eyes piercing through the air. His tricorner hat sitting slightly askew on his hazel hair, his hands slowly perched like a cougar ready to pounce on the hand railing. As the crew scurried about trying to cover the cargo he stood fast watching the approaching Kalrush navy, his face held a grim cold calculating smile, one that seemed to dominate agents of the East Empire company. After several moments of stiff silence he stood up straight the wind brushing against his tall back.

"Mr. Connor the lens if you please." The agent shouted opening his palm. Seconds later a well-trimmed petty officer placed a telescope in the agents palm which he graciously took. With a click he placed it to his eye and the once distant Kalrush fleet became very close.

"I see four vessels and an odd looking man aboard one of them. He appears to be heading this naval operation yet I don’t think we have to worry navies rarely bother our trading vessels." The agent spoke with a matter of fact tone, "Instead I think they are heading for the fleet to our port side."

The lens swung in that direction several other officers joined the agent in looking through their own personal lenses. Indeed it appeared that the Kalrush fleet was advancing not towards them but another navy which they had been following for several days. With no threat from the Kalrush fleet the trading convoy would continue into the capital port and set up their wares with the king to pledge the East Empire’s loyalty to the crown. If accepted a large influx in troops and weaponry would become readily available as well as goods from other nations as well.

"Alright men no need to panic. Helmsmen take us to port!"

Numer
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:33 am

Honorisia wrote:Perisagarde, General's house

The veteran general of thirty five years, stood silently. The man he beheld was threatening his wife, something that he had not expected to see when the woman had called for him a moment before. The cloaked figure spoke in an accent that the veteran had not heard before. "Leave my wife alone, then we can talk. I don't, just please, don't hurt her okay. Let her walk out of here alone and then you can have your information. You can have anything, just pleased leave her be.

Harnezzar felt that the man's words were sincere, but he could take no chances. "No. I have no idea whether you'll simply call your men after I have released her. Just answer the questions and I promise I'll let her go. But if I grow too impatient..." He pressed the blade closer against her throat to emphasize his point.

"Now, let's try again. Who does the king and his council worship?"
My FanT Factbook

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Bryce and his flagship the Blacktyde sailed at the head of the Zelbaen fleet bearing down the coast towards the city of Perisagarde. Since the raven arrived it remained perched on Bryce's shoulder, a stalwart familiar to the statue Bryce had become at the bow of his ship. His orders had brought the whole fleet into formation as they approached the keep rising in the distance. They would make for the city, sails fully raised accompanied by the pounding drums that ushered each crew of oarsmen forward. The spectacle was to be intimidating, and never did the sails of Zelbae fail to carry respect or fear in the ports they traded in, or the cities they plundered.

"We have been noticed Captain."

"Ha-ha..........Hahaha............MWHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE APPROACH WITH FULL SAIL AND OAR ALL THREE THOUSAND OF US AND NOW YOU SAY THEY HAVE NOTICED US!! Your humor is wondrous Eric! And what ye suppose we do now that this great city 'ere take notice to our wee force?!"

"Humor aside Captain, I mean we have been noticed by a great individual, not their nation. An extremely powerful mage has turned his attention to us. It seems he means to be the one to greet us to his city."

"And does he come to beg or die Eric?"

"I would not test him Bryce. He is beyond what I know."

And enough to make you afraid. It has been long since I have known Eric to show fear.

"Fine my friend." Bryce for the first time in hours turned back to face his comrade. Clasping his gauntlet on his shoulder he gave him the grin of man willing to rip a dragon apart with his bare hands. Bryce leaned in close and whispered, "I'll wait till we all make landfall before I decide whether to his face is fancy enough to decorate on a pike."

"As always your are incorrigible my friend. Hahahahahah. Maybe we will even talk to him about trading in his cities and ports before then eh!"

The two men's laughter rang clear across the ship deck, as they gripped each other in a crunch of leather and steel. In the embrace of brothers of Bryce whispered.

"And should the worst happen, there are some of, Them, In the fleet to take care of it."

Eric's visage shifted from a grin to a stern calculating and emotionless face.

"In that case then-"

"INCOMING SHIPS FROM THE PORT. FOUR STRONG SAILING RIGHT FOR US!"

Bryce turned back to port they made for drawing his spyglass upon the 4 smaller ships heading for his fleet.

"A bit small to fight us. SEEMS THEY DON'T HAVE SHIPS IN KALRUSH MEN! MAYBE THEY THINK WE BE A SCHOOL OF SEA BEASTIES TO HUNT!"

The crew erupted into hearty laughter.

"The mage is on the ship Bryce."

"I know Eric. We are staring right at each other. MAKE FOR DOCKING WITH THERE LEAD VESSEL! ALL SHIPS ARE TO BEAT TO QUARTERS! PULL US AWAY MEN! PUT YOUR BACKS INTO IT! LET'S SHOW THESE PEOPLE WHAT ONE REAL SHIP LOOK LIKES UP CLOSE BEFORE THE WHOLE FLEET MAKES THEM ALL PISH THEMSELVES."

More laughter ensued, but soon was drowned out by the sound of a new set of drums being pounded. Flags were raised and soon the whole fleet responded with their own additional set of pounding. The Blacktyde then broke formation, moving out past the fleet to meet the 4 ships before the fleet, and approached the port side of the leading Kalrush vessel.

"AHOY, AND PARLEY!"
Last edited by Dbrought on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Marzarbul
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marzarbul » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:07 am

The Path of the Lonely Road, this wanderers journey is a death sentence given to only the foulest of oathbreakers and those who have lost all honor. Upon this jagged and unending path, many dwarves of renown and infamy have been lost to either the endless depths beneath the earth or in sunlit valleys above it. Gritash the Wanderer was one such dwarf, once hailing from the Dor Skilami clan, his actions in the Second War of the Undead had cost him his name and his former life as a Tomb Warden of Gabil Azan. The Undead had arisen and he had failed his people in containing the menace. So after many thousands had died and many months of fighting the Undead were silenced and Gritash was brought before the Council in judgement. Although they found him innocent of all the charges placed against him, he himself was plagued with grief as the families who had lost all constantly harangued him with abuse and eyes glittering with vengeance. So he willingly took the Lonely Road to sate both his conscience along with the honor of his clan. When he left his hold he was allowed to take two things with him; he chose to carry with him a worn battle hammer made of steel and a golden coin. Since he took up the path of the Nameless Wanderer he had seen many wonders above the halls of his homeland.

The soaring spires of Fawnnorth that seemed to pierce the very veil of the heavens themselves, the deep forests of Avalon which seemed to extend to the very edges of the earth itself, the never-ending deserts of the Greenskins whose sands brought death just as fast as the orcs that inhabit it, and the vast shipyards of Numer whose ships masts were uncountable as if a forest swayed gently in the sea foam spray of the harbor. These sights and others had hardened this dwarf to both the beauties and perils of living above ground could bring and his once pale face had become tanned and lined over time. His once magnificent brown beard was tucked unceremoniously into his belt and had become tangled and dirtied with grime from all sorts of unpleasant business. His eyes of copper that once twinkled with life had become hardened like strong steel. Gritash the Wanderer, that was his name and as he walked upon a well traveled dirt road he came upon a fork with one direction heading towards the elvish kingdom of Intinsuyu and the other towards the newly formed human kingdom of Kalrush.

Gritash stood there, as still as stone he was, as he pondered which way his feet would lead him. Looking to his right the path to Intinsuyu seemed well traveled and maintained as he saw in the distance a guard tower and the road itself was paved with multicolored cobblestones. He knew little of the elvish kingdom though what he did know interested him greatly, he especially enjoyed their "Coffee" concoction that had been introduced to him in Achesia by one of the various street merchants there. However, what little he knew of Intinsuyu he knew nothing at all of the Kingdom of Kalrush and the road towards it seemed to reflect that fact. The path towards Kalrush was wild and unruly, looking more like a woodland path traveled by animals more than anything else. Sighing, he set down his large tinkers backpack and retrieved from one of its many pockets a coin bearing the sygil of High King Ferzgul Grimmaz Taureg. The coin was covered in some greasy like substance and as he pulled it from the bag he frowned at his muddled reflection in it. Rubbing the golden coin, he breathed a small prayer to any that listened and tossed the golden treasure into the air. The fates would decide where he would go and as the coin rotated into the air time seemed to slow down and his hand felt heavy as reached out in preparation.

Deneager
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deneager » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:32 pm

Didric invoked fear in all that saw his armored form and massive mace strapped across his back, and he had used that as a weapon since the day he was resurected. Didric was brought back to the living by a group of necromancers who perhaps did not fully comprehend what Didric was. The magic revived him, but much to the leader of the necromancer cult's surprise it did not bind him to their will. A fact he realized to late to avoid the mace crushing his skull. Didric saw the necromancers as fools, but still potentially useful, bending the surviving 8 others to his will through fear and magic as servants for his cause and devices. Even pawns would help him expand his influence in the north as he traveled onwards towards his goal.

Didric had not remained idle upon hearing of war brewing in Kalrush. Soon after hearing about the rise of the rebel forces he made his way to the coast to secure passage to Kalrush. Finding a small port and with a mighty three masted merchant vessel declared The Vindicator by the white paint on its side Didric bartered with the captain for passage to Kalrush. The captain had refused, but with a swing of Dedric's giant mace and magic that bound the captain's soul into servitude, Dedric soon found willing crew of the crew he murdered son after to sail him to Kalrush. With his magic he willed his destination into a crew who had never seen the mountain shores he sought after, and continued on his journey.

Dedric now looked out of the starboard side of the ship as the sun began set, making the sky look eternally look like a fiery destination. Soon he would reach the shore and destroy all trace of the ship that brought him here. Nothing was going to stop from getting what he was looking for this time.

As the sun continued to set he began thinking about only a day before....
Last edited by Deneager on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Once...we were united. Standing together. Unified. Then war struck. We store ourselves apart and are now only beginning to piece back together the body of Deneager. A Fascist, a Holy Emperor, and the Lord Commissar; von Drakk. They all fought, they all bloodied their weapons, and brought death. No only the Commissar remains. We are again united, but wounds must heal."

Other Notable Nation: The Crisk Empire

Visperia (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Visperia (Ancient) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 pm

Caius smiled and removed his helm in token of peace. "As I said, our intentions are peaceful. We come in obedience to a vision given by the All-Spirit to his prophets at the Well of the Worlds. We would have this land neither be in bondage to the false light of Ka, or to the true darkness of the self-styled God of knowledge, Mondoru. He of the many arms."

He glanced up at where the Ignus Deus hovered, its sails rippling in the wind, light glinting off of porthole and hatch. "For the war you face, I offer my aid and that of my men, a company of the Wolf Pack, well-tried fighters. And the aid of my ship, for with it we can go where other men cannot. There is nothing like it in all the world."

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:33 pm

Perisagarde, General's house

The grizzled veteran almost wept as the point of the knife dug into his wife's throat. He was silent for a moment, staring into his wife's pleading eyes. The assassin dug the blade in deeper and the old soldier cried out. "Ka, forgive me. I don't know who this Mondoru is, but the Kingdom of Kalrush worships the great Lord of the Sun and Skies. We worship Ka. The true God." The soldier fell to his knees and said "It is done. I have given you my answer, now remove the knife from my wife's neck."

The Ocean
The magician's voice boomed out across the water, much stronger and louder than any mortals voice should be. "Ahoy sir, come aboard and parley if you wish. I must ask that you leave your weapons aboard your ship, as well as not bring your soldiers with you." The Sorcerer's boat slowly came to a halt and by extension did the fleet. A large plank of wood folded out from the bow of the lead ship. It swung and lowered itself, pointing towards the Blacktyde. Two mariners rushed along the plank, attaching rails to the sides then securing the plank to the ship.

Kush
The frown that was visible through Ruttledge's beard vanished as he heard Prince Caius' words. Only one note struck a sour noise to his ear. "What be this? You say that Ka is false? I would urge you not to repeat this sentiment to the men." The Bear-Man growled then spoke "Else you run the risk of being torn to pieces for heresy." Ruttledge scratched his chin through the hair that adorned it "The second name you used, it seems powerful. Like it should have meaning to me. No matter, if you would please walk with me. My men have much to do before we depart for Sarees. The Lord there has sympathy for us, he too has been ground down by the King and his tax collectors."
Last edited by Honorisia on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numer
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:42 pm

Honorisia wrote:Perisagarde, General's house

The grizzled veteran almost wept as the point of the knife dug into his wife's throat. He was silent for a moment, staring into his wife's pleading eyes. The assassin dug the blade in deeper and the old soldier cried out. "Ka, forgive me. I don't know who this Mondoru is, but the Kingdom of Kalrush worships the great Lord of the Sun and Skies. We worship Ka. The true God." The soldier fell to his knees and said "It is done. I have given you my answer, now remove the knife from my wife's neck."

"Ah, good," Harnezzar continued, "See, this is quite simple. You're wife will be safe, I assure you, if you keep cooperating. One last question, with two parts, and then I'm gone. In the civil war currently raging across your lands, who has the advantage? Who has more men, and more coin? While we're on that subject, what is the state of the treasury? Be specific, please."

Harnezzar felt great pity for the man; he could see that the general was on the verge of tears. Nonetheless, the Kalran's ordeal was almost over, and his wife would be safe. And Harnezzar would simply have to escape. Now that- that was another ordeal entirely.
Last edited by Numer on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My FanT Factbook

Deneager
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deneager » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:47 pm

Didric continued to look on at the setting sun, as he was nearing shore. He continued towards shore as he was still holding his mace on his shoulder. It took another three hours until the ship ran aground. He jumped down from the starboard side of the ship into shallow water. He destroyed the ship with a combination of magic and his mace and he released the ghosts from his service and their bodies regenerated where the ghosts stood and they disappeared. He was near a city....
Last edited by Deneager on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Once...we were united. Standing together. Unified. Then war struck. We store ourselves apart and are now only beginning to piece back together the body of Deneager. A Fascist, a Holy Emperor, and the Lord Commissar; von Drakk. They all fought, they all bloodied their weapons, and brought death. No only the Commissar remains. We are again united, but wounds must heal."

Other Notable Nation: The Crisk Empire

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents