NATION

PASSWORD

Medieval RP - Feudal Lords OOC (CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Armarzia
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:looks like there is no Battle RP, he just gonna roll the die.

Aww :/ That kinda screws us smaller nations (not sure if you are, but I know I am due to being in Scandinavia). Looks like I will have to depend on becoming friends with the papacy and making big allies :P
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Memories of The Forgotten Please check it out if you are interested in STALKER or an RP with a post-apocalyptic vibe.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

yeah it does, it also doesn't take fortresses into effect.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:yeah it does, it also doesn't take fortresses into effect.

Oh well, I am sure as the RP goes along we will make adjustments to accommodate things as they come up. Like I really hope RPing will take some affect down the road :P

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Memories of The Forgotten Please check it out if you are interested in STALKER or an RP with a post-apocalyptic vibe.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:52 pm

New Armarzia wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:looks like there is no Battle RP, he just gonna roll the die.

Aww :/ That kinda screws us smaller nations (not sure if you are, but I know I am due to being in Scandinavia). Looks like I will have to depend on becoming friends with the papacy and making big allies :P

My entire plan to survive this RP was based on RPing battles.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:My entire plan to survive this RP was based on RPing battles.

same here, cause there is no way I can win numbers, but I am sure when we are put into the actual RP we will figure that some of these stuff should be taken into account to bring a bit more balance.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
New Armarzia wrote:

My entire plan to survive this RP was based on RPing battles.

Unfortunately this would require people to check their ego's at the door. I'm all for RPing battles over a formulaic approach. But we would need a standard for each type of unit, each battle would require a no shit facts and figures for each army, and terrain layout. And any disputes handled OOCly without anger and by the group as a whole.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:56 pm

and eventually someone would have to agree to lose. Which seems logically sound as in we don't actually win anything here, but people are competitive.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:and eventually someone would have to agree to lose. Which seems logically sound as in we don't actually win anything here, but people are competitive.

I'd be fine with losing battles, mainly as I probably won't be a military power. Plus due to my location my conflicts will probably be when the papacy calls for some crusade or I am helping an ally...don't really expect to be a major power in conflict. My goal is just to be favored by the pope.

But I was going more along the lines of player x archers and calvary were in a forest waiting for the unexpected enemies retreating from some other conflict and they release a volley and than charge. If that other army has more numbers and a general who just won the last few battle the ambushers would lose.

But i gues we will have to deal with. Just forces us small nation to stay out of conflicts or get allies which is somewhat realistic. I just feel bad for the order of knights...this equation doesn't exactly lean in their favor all too much.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:08 pm

A scenario like that would have to be orchestrated realistically and intricately and agreed upon by both players, but it can work, and has before.

Altorum
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altorum » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:09 pm

BIG CATHOLIC NATIONS! AHOOOO! AHOOO!

Ahem, excuse me.
A peacemongering, pseudo-isolationist state with a large, well-funded military but mediocre social programs.

Willing to host peace conferences within Altorum. TG if interested.

This nation does not represent my own political views.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:A scenario like that would have to be orchestrated realistically and intricately and agreed upon by both players, but it can work, and has before.

Yeah that is true, but I was thinking of multi-nation conflicts where more than two forces are being deployed so those situations would be more common (mainly as those are the kind of conflicts i enjoy and plan on being in).

Pawn and King
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pawn and King » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:19 pm

New Armarzia wrote:
Pawn and King wrote:Essentially this is risk, man. World expansion, and all that...

I think that does help to make things not overly complicated :P Just wandering how you put in better trainer for lets that one knight order who would be at a huge disadvantage with this system. And also what if someone just RPs something smarter tactically?

That's a good point, I'd have to bump them up; probably by automatically giving their general a base of 10, and allowing their general to be capped at say, 20. I was thinking the same thing with the Order I'd be RPing as too, to be honest.

I'm hoping the tactics thing will be balanced out with terrains; that's why I let people choose their terrains. By no means is this formula I've got the end all, it'd be silly to use this formula in say, a watchtower or a fort. But I think it's probably going to be the basic formula of how outcomes are resolved; naturally, RPing bonus should be applied too (like in NS Sports).
Need an Assassination done? Look no further...

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:20 pm

replace both with all and it still stands.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Pawn and King wrote:
That's a good point, I'd have to bump them up; probably by automatically giving their general a base of 10, and allowing their general to be capped at say, 20. I was thinking the same thing with the Order I'd be RPing as too, to be honest.

I'm hoping the tactics thing will be balanced out with terrains; that's why I let people choose their terrains. By no means is this formula I've got the end all, it'd be silly to use this formula in say, a watchtower or a fort. But I think it's probably going to be the basic formula of how outcomes are resolved; naturally, RPing bonus should be applied too (like in NS Sports).

That sounds good, more figuring out casualties rather than outcomes or something along those lines? Was just a little afraid of the equation taking away from the RP as it doesn't exactly encourage tactical roleplaying. And it discourages small nation involvement, but as long as their is leniency I have a chance.

Telemarcia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Saldemar

Postby Telemarcia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Name of territory: Saldemar
Name of leader: High Cheif Altharac the Grey
Heraldry: Black wolf on a red background
Which religion do your people follow (Christianity/Islam/Paganism): Paganism, but Christianity is growing
Which role do you wish to be (King/Shah/Sultan, Duke/Mirza, Earl/Nawab, Baron/Baig): High Cheif - Equivallant of Duke
(Note, if you have chosen 'Paganism' as your religion, you may use any title you wish, so long as you indicate its equivalent.)
Where would you like to be placed (for example, Central France/Egypt and surrounding regions/Kievan Rus'): North East end of the Danube
Can you provide a link to two other RPs you've been in?: No, first time :)
Bio of your leader (paragraph):

Altharac the Grey was born as the only son of the Germanic Cheiftan Unsamund and to a nomadic princess from the east. Allegedly the mother and a four year old Altharac were lost in a snow storm, but the young boy survived to be later rescued by a hunter and brought to his father, it is likely the suffering the young boy experienced here shaped his violent nature for life. When the Saldii migrated southwards Altharac quickly grew a reputation for his immense size and ferocity in battle, being feared by friends and foes alike - having slain innumerable enemies and being a devotee of the war god - Akhdal. When his father struck a peace deal with the neighbouring Catholic nations, Altharac rebelled and with his band of elite warriors, and gathering support from his mother's side of the family, quickly forced his father and brothers to bend their knee and accept the brutish Altharac as their overlord. Despite being incredibly bloodthirsty and a heavy drinker, Altharac is not without intelligence and is known to be endlessly cunning, orchestrating a number of victories for the Saldii based in the snow and forest. It is likely is fear inducing nature and zealous ferocity has been the main force for Saldemar's preservation of pagan culture and religion.

Bio of your civilisation (2 - 3 paragraphs):

The Saldians originated around the dark forests of the Baltic, being hunters for time immemorial and living rough and shortlived lives. The wolf has always been a sacred animal to them, and Saldians seek to emulate the beast in their daily life, referring to their bands of warriors as 'packs'. When the land cooled however, migrations from the east forced the blonde haired Saldians from their homeland to the south. Here they quickly conquered the tribes and interbred with the locals, establishing themselves as the dominant nation in the area on a basis of fear.

With the spread of Catholicism in the area, the Saldians resisted, due to the fact that they believed themselves to be the chosen people of the war god, and pagan dissidents flocked under their banners, with the loose confederacy of tribes eventually agreeing to unite into a single nation by 800 AD. Due to the fact that the Saldians discard weak babies at birth and train from a very young age in the art of hunting and war, their light infantry have been the bane of many more cumbersome and heavilly armoured knights. Now however, times are changing and although the Saldians continue their infamous raids against their more civilized nieghbors from their impregnable stone hill forts, Christianity is growing in their midst amongst the poor and the future of Saldemar may soon change.

Altorum
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Altorum » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Hope it's cool I started out with a military movement--it's not very big and advances some of the plot I have in mind.
A peacemongering, pseudo-isolationist state with a large, well-funded military but mediocre social programs.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Altorum wrote:Hope it's cool I started out with a military movement--it's not very big and advances some of the plot I have in mind.

Wait, is their an IC link? or is that just what you have planned

Pawn and King
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pawn and King » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:02 pm

New Armarzia wrote:
Pawn and King wrote:

That sounds good, more figuring out casualties rather than outcomes or something along those lines? Was just a little afraid of the equation taking away from the RP as it doesn't exactly encourage tactical roleplaying. And it discourages small nation involvement, but as long as their is leniency I have a chance.

I feel sorry for Solaris, to be honest.

RP tactics as much as you can; it'll act as a bonus, which I'll fit into it, somehow.
Need an Assassination done? Look no further...

Altorum
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Altorum » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:11 pm

New Armarzia wrote:
Altorum wrote:Hope it's cool I started out with a military movement--it's not very big and advances some of the plot I have in mind.

Yeah, it's on the previous page I think.

Joukaai
Envoy

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Joukaai » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Or rather than dictate a maximum size, what we can say are that instead of the formula using numbers to dictate overall strength, players are alloted "Strength Points" based on their population. They can then give them to their units at will. Your formula would essentially be the same except Rp wise, it would be better. Also if we are having generals which can make an impact, Generals should be worth like 300 Strength points or so.

For example, I say 1 of my knights is worth 50 Strength points and my foot soldiers are worth 5 and I have a General. My strength points are all worth 10,000 total (1 General (300 Strength), 20 Knights (1,000 Strength), 1740 Foot soldiers (8,700 Strength).

Would be of equal strength to a army equal to 10,000 Strength, lets say their Cav is 20 Strength and their infantry 2 Strength (1 General (300), 50 Cavalry (1000), 4,350 Foot (8,700).

We can still use your formula, it just allows us to customize our armies a little without over complicating this formula wise. The complications are for us.

Listen, just use this system.

I would augment the formula -

Strength Points x (Terrain Bonus + RP Bonus [Given by whoever is running the battle, RP bonuses would be like holding out in a fortress or using stratagems & Superior Tactics .1 (Decent RP Considerations) - .9 (Brilliant Tactics, Great RP writing)] + 'Random Number Generated (.1 - .5)/ 10 = Fatalities

So 10,000 x (.2 (Terrain) + .2 RP Bonus (.1 Sun Direction, .1 Flanking) + .5)/ 10 = 900 Strength Damage

(Pawn, multiplying Terrain bonus on top, then divided by it on the bottom results in the same number)

Keep Strength points fairly low, players can allot strength points to units rather than individuals if they want, number of soldiers wont really matter for the formula, all that would matter is strength.

Strength Points per nation would be Population/10. So at 440,000k Population I would have 44,000 Strength points. Using my above system -

King William III (35 Points): 1
Duke Roger the Bold (25 Points): 1
Prince William (20 Points): 1
Knights of the White Lion (15 Strength Points Each): 50
Knights of the Realm (10 Points Each): 700
Sergeant Cavalry (5 Points Each): 2,000
Sergeant Foot (Infantry & Archers) (3 Points Each): 5,000
Freemen Foot (Infantry & Archers) (1 Points Each): 11,170

Giving Me an army of 3 Commanders, 2,750 Cavalry (750 Knights), 16,170 Foot for a total of 18,923 soldiers, Its pretty small but I went for a very elite army.

A more mass army -

Leaders (10 Points): 3
Elite Cavalry (5 Points): 594
Cavalry (3 Points): 2,000
Elite Infantry & Archers (2 Points): 5,000
Common Infantry & Archers (1 Each Point): 25,000

Giving 3 Commanders, 2,594 Cavalry, & 30,000 Infantry for 32,597 soldiers.

Under this system 18,923 Soldiers = 32,597 Soldiers in terms of strength.
The Tropican Republic of Joukaai (Factbook) | NSEconomy (I RP only about a third of this) | Cent Jours II (Napoleonic Era RP) (In development at the moment, let me know if you are interested in reviving this via pm!)

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Altorum wrote:
New Armarzia wrote:

Yeah, it's on the previous page I think.

I feel embarrassed now :oops:

Annaliea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Annaliea » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Name of territory: The Greater Byzantine Empire
Name of leader: Emperor Adskhan Polat
Age of Leader: 31
Heraldry:

Which religion do your people follow: Islam
Which role do you wish to be: Emperor
Where would you like to be placed): Edited map showing territory of the Byzantine Empire: http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y47 ... 225085.png
Can you provide a link to two other RPs you've been in?:
- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=206945
- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=205100
(This is a new nation, my previous nation was The Free Monarchy of Daragal)

Bio of your leader: The most recent in a long line of Byzantine Emperor's, Adskhan is extremely learned, having been sent to one of the most famous learning institutions in the capital when he was only a boy. His religiousness is renowned, and he often insists on court prayer sessions in between normal prayer times. However despite his great learning, he has very rarely seen the reality of the nation, and relies heavily on his trusted advisors to help him make good and helpful decisions for the good of the Empire. Neither is he a great fighter, despite his extensive education on military history and effective tactics, and so he prefers to coordinate military campaigns (of which there have been very few in his lifetime) from the Palace, expecting his generals to carry them out on the field. Not yet wedded, he looks for a marriage of benefit to both himself and the Empire.

Bio of your civilisation: The Byzantine Empire has a long history under the guise of many different nations. First ruled by the Hittite empire from the eighteenth to the thirteenth century BC, it became a centre of civilization and culture in the mediterranean. After the collapse of the Hittite empire it came under the rule of the Phrygians, and retained peace for three centuries until the subsequent collapse of the Phrygian kingdom. At this point the Anatolian sub-continent fell into a state of anarchy, with numerous city-states ruling various territories throughout Anatolia. It was only in the fifth century BC that the Byzantine Empire began, emerging from the center of the Anatolian subcontinent and slowly pushing outwards towards the West and East of the sub-continent. They also expanded past the Black Sea on it's opposite side, taking the majority of the coastline there. By the first century AD they had conquered the middle of Anatolia, and finally they stopped and began to settle down, improving and extending the quality of life in the Empire. This style of rule continued under numerous Emperor's from the first century AD to the ninth century AD. By the ninth century AD the Byzantine Empire began to look to it's borders once again, and started to understand the threats posed to it by the neighbouring nations of the Regnus Empire, Regnus Albus and the Supreme Caliph. Due to this realisation the Byzantine Empire began to build up it's military, and also began to contruct major defences along it's borders. These were mainly completed by the tenth century AD, and were seen as the nation's first line of defence against any threat of invasion.

The fact that the Empire has had many long periods of peaceful co-existence, with encouragement of trade and culture, the Byzantine nation has long been a paragon of learning, home tomany institutes of education, and most recognised for it's capital's (Adama) ownership of the Great Library, collector of books from all over the known world. Historically the Byzantines have had a strong navy and trade fleet, it's sailors travelling throughout the Mediterannean and the myriad ports and cities within it. As such it is reasonably wealthy, and is slowly increasing in it's wealth. Due to it's close proximity to the Arabian Peninsula, the majority of the Empire is Muslim, which is of course heavily encouraged for it's famously devout Emperor's. However there are a myriad of religions within the Empire as a result of it's trade, these exterior beliefs are mostly contained to the large port cities which litter the coastline.

Economic Bonus: Shipbuilding
Military Bonus: Mountains/Hills

Hopefully this application is better than the last, however if there are any reccomendations anyone has, I would be more than happy to hear them. Thanks!
Last edited by Annaliea on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Annaliea wrote:Name of territory: The Greater Byzantine Empire
Name of leader: Emperor Adskhan Polat
Age of Leader: 31
Heraldry:
Which religion do your people follow: Islam
Which role do you wish to be: Emperor
Where would you like to be placed): Edited map showing territory of the Byzantine Empire: http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y47 ... cafd05.png
Can you provide a link to two other RPs you've been in?:
- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=206945
- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=205100
(This is a new nation, my previous nation was The Free Monarchy of Daragal)

Bio of your leader: The most recent in a long line of Byzantine Emperor's, Adskhan is extremely learned, having been sent to one of the most famous learning institutions in the capital when he was only a boy. His religiousness is renowned, and he often insists on court prayer sessions in between normal prayer times. However despite his great learning, he has very rarely seen the reality of the nation, and relies heavily on his trusted advisors to help him make good and helpful decisions for the good of the Empire. Neither is he a great fighter, despite his extensive education on military history and effective tactics, and so he prefers to coordinate military campaigns (of which there have been very few in his lifetime) from the Palace, expecting his generals to carry them out on the field. Not yet wedded, he looks for a marriage of benefit to both himself and the Empire.

Bio of your civilisation: The Byzantine Empire has a long history under the guise of many different nations. First ruled by the Hittite empire from the eighteenth to the thirteenth century BC, it became a centre of civilization and culture in the mediterranean. After the collapse of the Hittite empire it came under the rule of the Phrygians, and retained peace for three centuries until the subsequent collapse of the Phrygian kingdom. At this point the Anatolian sub-continent fell into a state of anarchy, with numerous city-states ruling various territories throughout Anatolia. It was only in the fifth century BC that the Byzantine Empire began, emerging from the North-East of the Anatolian subcontinent and slowly pushing down through towards the South-West of the sub-continent. By the first century AD they had conquered the majority of Anatolia, even expanding down towards Egypt a small ways. However they stopped at the western half of Anatolia and began to settle down, improving and extending the quality of life in the Empire. This style of rule continued under numerous Emperor's from the first century AD to the ninth century AD. By the ninth century AD the Byzantine Empire began to look to it's borders once again, and started to understand the threats posed to it by the neighbouring nations of the Regnus Empire and the Supreme Caliph. Due to this realisation the Byzantine Empire began to build up it's military, and also began to contruct major defences along it's borders. These were mainly completed by the tenth century AD, and were seen as the nation's first line of defence against any threat of invasion.

The fact that the Empire has had many long periods of peaceful co-existence, with encouragement of trade and culture, the Byzantine nation has long been a paragon of learning, home tomany institutes of education, and most recognised for it's capital's (Adama) ownership of the Great Library, collector of books from all over the known world. Historically the Byzantines have had a strong navy and trade fleet, it's sailors travelling throughout the Mediterannean and the myriad ports and cities within it. As such it is reasonably wealthy, and is slowly increasing in it's wealth. Due to it's close proximity to the Arabian Peninsula, the majority of the Empire is Muslim, which is of course heavily encouraged for it's famously devout Emperor's. However there are a myriad of religions within the Empire as a result of it's trade, these exterior beliefs are mostly contained to the large port cities which litter the coastline.

Hopefully this application is better than the last, however if there are any reccomendations anyone has, I would be more than happy to hear them. Thanks!

This is the most updated map (doesn't have names just claimed territories http://imgur.com/wx1jK
The area you are claiming is taken

Annaliea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Annaliea » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:52 pm

New Armarzia wrote:This is the most updated map (doesn't have names just claimed territories http://imgur.com/wx1jK

Oh, awesome thanks! I have edited my application around that.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Annaliea wrote:
New Armarzia wrote:This is the most updated map (doesn't have names just claimed territories http://imgur.com/wx1jK

Oh, awesome thanks! I have edited my application around that.

ouch nation divided over the black sea with no way around, good luck defending that. :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents