NATION

PASSWORD

Operation Barbarossa II

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Steinweg
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Operation Barbarossa II

Postby Steinweg » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:59 am

I am not one for extravagant intoductions, so I am just going to go out and say what I need.

I would like to know war strategies for a re-invasion of Russia, by Germany, in the year 2012. Any strategy is highly appreciated, as one is better than none.

Some points to take into consideration:
  • The German Military is fully mobilized and ready for combat
  • All 200,000 reservists have been called into service
  • An additional 100,000 people have been drafted for service
  • Seven mechanised infantry divisions, seven armored divisions, and four air force divisions have been created
  • War crimes will not be permitted (this is not 1939)
  • Remember, Germany is only waging war against Russia!
Ohne Kleider, ohne Schuh, siehst du mir bei der Arbeit zu

Soviet-German Dortmund
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet-German Dortmund » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:18 pm

(ON BEHALF OF THE USSR).

1 - THE FINNISH BLOCKADE
I'd firstly order an immediate blockade of the Finland/USSR border. Knowing that Finland was an ally to Nazi Germany, blocking off the border with troops from the reserve army would stunt any axis offensive to the north dead. (In actual WW2, The Finnish border was guarded poorly and was seized by the axis forces, starting the campaign on Leningrad which caused over a million civilian mortalities).

2 - LET THE GERMANS TAKE THE CENTRAL BYELORUSSIAN ROUTE TOWARDS MOSCOW
I'd bait the Wehrmacht by ordering a radio coup, saying that the German Army would strike at 3 different points; Leningrad, Stalingrad & Ukraine. The Wehrmacht (or any army who'd receive these enemy orders) would take the initiative and instead attack on mass via Byelorussia and Moscow. Once word is out that the Wehrmacht has been 'baited', assemble ALL troops from all of the points mentioned and the rest of the USSR (including Siberia) and prepare for a large defensive in central Soviet territory. (Assemble a 'Home Army' style force to protect the areas in case of invasion).

3 - START ADVANCING TOWARDS BYELORUSSIA
^As stated in title.

4 - THE BATTLE BETWEEN THE WEHRMACHT & THE USSR
Using reconnaissance aircraft to find the Wehrmachts position, plot the areas where they're heading and set up artillery batteries, barracks & tank encampments. (Essentially, strategically planning where the battle will take place to your advantage). This giant defensive will stun the Wehrmacht due to the size of the resistance's force and the fact that they were told that they would be stationed elsewhere. When the battle is underway, an order will be placed for the 'Home Armies' to en-circle the German army, making the Wehrmacht cut off and stranded in Soviet Territory.

5 - GERMAN RETREAT / FAILURE
Battle won. Forced retreat. Minimal Soviet mortality. German mortality at a high. VICTORY IN THE EAST

6 - PLAN FOR COUNTER-OFFESIVE...
Proletarier aller Länder vereinigt Euch!

Steinweg
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Steinweg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks for replying, but I meant an operation in present-day.

Guandor
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Guandor » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:39 am

Sector 3 would fail horrifically considering the number of soldiers defending against the Wehrmacht

Steinweg
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Steinweg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Not if the 2.2 million and 1.4 million troops that China and the United States (respectively) have were assisting.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Steinweg wrote:Not if the 2.2 million and 1.4 million troops that China and the United States (respectively) have were assisting.

Why would the US and China both divert soldiers all the way to European Russia when the Imperial Japanese are around in the Far East?

But besides that, this isn't the place for speculation of "what ifs" in human history but for roleplaying.

Try NSG (General) if you wish to learn more about what people say concerning Hitler's gamble in Russia.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Resposa
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Resposa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Steinweg wrote:Not if the 2.2 million and 1.4 million troops that China and the United States (respectively) have were assisting.

Why would the US and China both divert soldiers all the way to European Russia when the Imperial Japanese are around in the Far East?

But besides that, this isn't the place for speculation of "what ifs" in human history but for roleplaying.

Try NSG (General) if you wish to learn more about what people say concerning Hitler's gamble in Russia.

This is a thread concerning the invasion of Russia in present-time. Although I do agree this is not the sub-forum for this thread. Forum 7? Portal to the Multiverse?
All credit for flag and coat of arms goes to GarudaTeam

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents