NATION

PASSWORD

Semper Victorium [Open, MT, IC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mallaska
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mallaska » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:13 pm

2nd Lieutenant Collin M. James
3rd Squad, 1st Platoon, G Company, 1st Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 1st Brigade, 3rd Marine Division
Cassatev Marshes

As the days had dragged on, the Mallaskan campaign had been creeping towards success. As COSPN allies made pushes into the cities, the Mallaskan forces froze assets outside of these cities in the Northwest. However, as fighting moved inland towards the Cassatev Marshes and beyond, the entire campaign had changed. The enemy had decided to hold in larger numbers in fixed locations, something Mallaskan Marines were good at breaking. Swift Hit-and-Run tactics set upon overloading enemy defenses around Anti-Aircraft FOBs would prove good in weakening the defenders, drawing them out into larger forces of Mallaskans waiting to pounce.

The enemy air-defenses proved to be nuisance at their first rise to Mallaskan airmen, briefly stopping strikes by conventional aircraft and helicopter operations, but annoying SAMs were by no means going to hinder Mallaskan forces for long, as increasing numbers of F-111 Aardvarks were deployed in the task of destroying these SAMs, flying often slightly over treetop level, a task which the F-111 was best at. These quick strikes allowed for an effective counter against enemy SAMs, and allowed Mallaskan ground forces extensive air support once more.

Lieutenant James had seen several skirmishes since Operation Thunderstruck, and he and his platoon already felt as if they had seen the whole war. The hellish conditions of combat made Lt. James realize the full extent of what he had gotten into. His platoon had sustained several losses over these skirmishes, each a learning experience to ensure such a thing could not happen again. Three of his men were killed in combat in the Marshes, known as "The Bog", simply by Mallaskan troops.

East Gavra's entrance into Keymoa proved to be welcoming news to the Mallaskans. Despite their forces being small, with the unrelenting support of COSPN and Mallaska, they would surely become a fighting force to be reckoned with. Mallaska would not waver in its support of its former enemy, providing scores of weapons, vehicles, supplies, and training. Topping the list was 5,000 WBR-46A3 Battle Rifles, recently introduced to replace the Beretta BM59, which served Mallaskan forces for exactly 50 years, and served through multiple conflicts. Along with these were 12 retired OV-10A Broncos, retired from Mallaskan service in 2000, they would be more useful arming the new East Gavran forces than sitting in scrapyards in Mallaska. Mallaska would provide technical support for these new gains, as well as helping train East Gavra for using these items.
Former USMC 0621 - Comms is down because I'm not down with Comms
Correctional Officer because I got bored

Repulaea
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Repulaea » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Ancot, Repulaea

"Ten? Has it really been that long now?"

"Nearly ten, Mr. President."

"Jesus."

As the months droned on and the fighting in Keymoa took its slow, bloody paces towards victory, President Tannas strained to keep the country on track. The economy had skyrocketed, unemployment was at its lowest point since before the energy crisis in 2004. Congress began to slowly return to the routine of bickering over how best to proceed next, causing politics to again slither into every debate, even those regarding the war. Though the President's popularity rating was at an all-time high, the Repulaean people were tired of war and the conflict's support rating began to steadily dip again. Both Conservatives and Liberals in Congress began to insist on a full withdrawal of COSPN forces and assets from the Gavran region after the conflict's resolution.

Soon, the whole issue began to get mired in politics. Little did they know that President Tannas had been secretly formulating a post-war plan with the other allied nations for the past few months. It was called the Joint Coalition Alliance of Gavra or JCAG. It was to be the post-war body that would remain indefinitely in the Gavran Islands to stabilize the fractured region. Under the plan, Mira and Keymoa would be administrated by the Mallaskan governance while East Gavra would remain under COSPN administration. JCAG would be responsible for rebuilding and securing the whole region, thereby establishing a pro-Coalition democratic force in the Gavran Islands. Forging such an initiative without Congress' knowing, however, had dire political repercussions.

Upon the President's official public announcement of the formation of JCAG on September 7th, coinciding with the surprise of the East Gavran intervention in Keymoa, the public, particularly Congress, was shocked. Even the Speaker of the Congressional Council, Elias Krawl, who had supported Tannas in his bid for an expansion of the war, called that night to question the President's unilateral decision. Within hours, a bilateral partnership in Congress was fighting back against JCAG with the majority of the rest remaining neutral. The Administration feared many Repulaeans would see it as a continuation of the war into peacetime. The whole political situation was precarious at best.

Now, President Tannas sat in his board room with only Ministerial Chief of Staff Zachary Kelvin and his wife Ellie at his side, the rest of the cabinet hammering out damage control plans in the meeting hall downstairs.

"Well," began the President standing up to stare out the window, "ten months is a long time. Remember when we estimated it to be no longer than a two month affair?"

"I don't quite remember that, sir." said Chief of Staff Kelvin with a smirk on his face. "In any case, it's of no consequence. The backlash in Congress, believe it or not, can be contained. The international backlash will be more difficult. Have you talked to the Mallaskans?"

"Yes I called President Hall about an hour ago and reassured him that JCAG was not going to be jeopardized by Repulaean Congressional antics. He won't be left alone to tend to that region all by himself. You know, Zach, I have two girls, a four-year-old and an eight-year-old, and both seem to be wiser, more enlightened and more mature than those 'gentlemen' in Congress."

"Don't forget gentlewomen, Chris." said Ellie, a smile on her face. Likely the most beautiful woman to ever to inherit the position as First Lady, she had a charm about her that could sooth the nastiest snake of a politician and a dominating presence that could bring that snake to heel. The President loved her more than life itself. He walked over to her and held her hand, turning then to the Chief of Staff.

"I also talked to Chancellor Moravun and she reaffirmed Silvion's commitment to the Coalition Alliance but she still sounded shaky."

"How so?"

"Well I could just tell. I've been in her position not a year ago. Only I think she suffers worse. Silvion has been hit hard by the recession and the war that we dragged them into hasn't helped. It's gonna be an expensive effort for her to keep Silvioni troops in East Gavra and an unpopular one in her country. I feel most beholden to her, in a way, for what I've done.

"Funny," said Ellie, "I thought you were beholden to me." They all laughed.

"Well in any case, Mr. President, You have a meeting with the Foreign Affairs Committee in half an hour. It'll likely last all night. They're also calling Minister Tash and Minister Cane to the hot seat tomorrow afternoon."

"I know, I know. Don't worry, Cane will give 'em hell." He smiled. Kelvin began to make his way out the door when the President stopped him.

"Wait!" he said. "I want both of you to see. Since we're going through with this come hell or high water..." He reached for an open box that had been mailed to him that day. He pulled from it a large blue flag and spread it out across the table for all to see. "What do you think?"

Northwestern Keymoa

The bright humid days gave way to the dark rainy nights in a now all too familiar cycle. The men were tired. Sierra company in particular had been on the "line" as it were for weeks. They were told to expect reinforcements from the 178th airborne division who were due to arrive from Mira with a fresh batch of replacements and supplies but the entire unit was given a dispensation from high command to return home early, cutting short their initial 12 month deployment. Since S company still had over two months on their watch, the decision was an easy one for the "big hats at the brass," as Sergeant Maxie Perkson used to call them. The men would remain in the Cassatev region to clear out what was left of the Keymoan resisters, though there were few left and most were in far worse shape than their Repulaean adversaries. The fighting in and around Cassatev would likely be over soon and S company would get a chance to join in the allied advance to the Keymoan capital.

Until then, however, the fighting persisted. Over the past weeks another two men, Pvt. Jin Jay and Cpl. Stephen Fresnin, both draftees, were killed in action with a couple more wounded. Scattered fighting went on across the city but, for the most part, the majority of the Keymoan forces were bottled up in the marshland doing all they could to hinder the flow of troops and supplies southward. The attempt, however, was futile. Now, the Keymoans at Cassatev were little more than a thorn in the side of COSPN and within days they would most likely be crushed. Still, the war went on.

First Sergeant Ron Mattius was noticeably more composed and solemn. It bothered his friends who used to rely on his sense of humor and energy for comfort in situations like this. He, however, was in a perpetual period of reflection like none he had ever experienced before. He did not belong in their presence. He received a long reprieve from the war to go back home when he was awarded the Catican Legion. All the veterans, however, had been in country for nearly ten months straight. No one held this against him but he remained unusually hard on himself. He descried the conditions his men were in, boys most of them, and he, as platoon leader, had little power over it. He hated the fact that he decided to join the Royal Army in the first place. If he had gone to school as his father wished, he may have been deferred from the draft. If he had only gotten to Doc quicker. If only he had gotten to Doc quicker...

The hissing and pops continued far off in the distance and the rain filled the night, and Mattius' foxhole. He went down to K company's position where he found a few Sierra men at what they called "The Bar." It was a small dugout in the mud that served whatever drinks, alcoholic or otherwise, that could be scrounged by the generous battalion mess crew. It was a welcome reprieve from his self-destructive thoughts. Then a cry came in over the radio.

"Sierra CP is taking indirect! Sierra CP is taking indirect! CO wants 2nd platoon on point for a forward sweep of the 2-5 grid line."

Mattius put down his cup and rallied the Sierra company men.

"Back into murder mode."

Camp Casdin, Mallaska

"General Marcer, sir." A young fresh-faced Euneian orderly held the office door open. "Rear Admiral Tanson is here."

"Oh, right on time." said Marcer putting down his pen. "Send him in, corporal."

"Yes, sir."

Rear Admiral Tanson, Commander of COSPN Amphibious Operations, strode into the room and saluted General Marcer, eliciting a salute in reply. The Supreme Commander gestured for the Admiral to sit down.

"So, Jerald, are you sure you don't want any of this Mallaskan stuff? It's good. Really warms you up."

"You know I don't drink, Zach." he laughed.

"Well you're a stronger man than I." General Marcer poured himself a small glass. He then turned to Rear Admiral Tanson. "Great job you did in Little Spartan. That really saved us a lot of time...and lives. Convey the same to your staff and the boys."

"I will, sir. Thank you."

"We're lucky the Keymoans pulled out right before we hit the sand. I call that a stroke of luck."

"Or maybe there is a God." Tanson smiled.

"So," began General Marcer running his index finger around the rim of his now greatly depleted drinking glass, "You've heard about the stuff with the JCAG initiative, yes?"

"Yeah I got briefed on it about a month ago but I'm surprised it took so little time to implement."

"I mean have you heard about the recent stuff?"

"Oh yeah," said Tanson, "the President's got a hell of a lot on his plate. And I hear the Silvioni aren't happy with it either."

"Well it's gonna be quite the effort to pull it together but it'll work. I need the best people at its head."

"I thought you were heading it, General."

"Nope," said Marcer taking a last swig of his beverage." President Tannas didn't think it would be appropriate to subjugate the Mallaskan high command to administration by a Repulaean commander. Besides, I didn't want the damn job. I want to go home, Jerald." he said with a smile. "Instead we're going to divide it into national subsections, each nation contributing a high command element to work in conjunction with the others."

"Ah, great. It seems sound. Who's gonna take the job for Repulaea?"

"Well you, if you're interested." said Marcer smirking. There was a pause.

"Oh so that's why you trapped me in here." said Tanson, reaching for Marcer's bottle. "You'll forgive me if I indulge." They both laughed and shared a couple glasses. "Is this some attempt to make up for removing me from the Repulaean command job a few months back?"

"Oh stop, that was politics and I fought it as hard as I could."

"Right," said Tanson, taking a dainty sip.

"So," began Marcer, "How do you feel about being Supreme Commander of the Repulaean Gavran Command after the war?"

Tanson took a long swig and savored it. He seldom drank, a feat remarkable for anyone with his administrative burdens.

"I'll wear that mantle with pride, General. Cheers."
Last edited by Repulaea on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

East Gavra
Secretary

Founded: Aug 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby East Gavra » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Keymoa

By the 11th of September, East Gavran troops had reached the towns of Murev and Sena where some sporadic fighting was seen. COSPN air support was quick to respond. Within hours, the advance continued, now joined by an additional 5,000 men from the Republican Militia. Now 15,000 Gavran troops were joined with COSPN units in the drive through Keymoa. All in all, the offensive went well. Casualties for all allied nations had substantially declined in recent weeks thanks to the weakening of the Keymoan military. East Gavra too suffered few losses initially. The road to the Keymoan capital was becoming shorter every day. Soon, the Coalition would bring down the Keymoan Regime for good and the war would be but an unpleasant memory.

Ironically, however, the war was about the only thing going well for the Republican Union of East Gavra.

East Gavra

Much of the country was still in ruins. Kemmonabative was hardly a fitting capital for any nation let alone a formerly mighty one. Whole city blocks were gone and most structures suffered damage during the battle to some degree. Over half the city fled the fighting. Looting and crime was still rampant. The vice president's house was burglarized on the night of the election. The capital building itself, soon to be converted to a congressional chamber house, was still undergoing major repairs. The country's infrastructure was in shambles and joint Gavran-COSPN reconstruction efforts were only just beginning. But these things, the structures, the dams, the factories, the bridges, could all be replaced with time. There was deeply rooted damage in the very fabric of Gavran society that would take years to undo. A people so used to being the power of the region had to now contend with the fact that their entire military, save the COSPN-controlled Republican Militia, was disbanded and their nation was in the grasp of extreme poverty. Over 150,000 dead East Gavrans were now laid to rest while the baffled public attempted to surmise why and how it happened. There was a general support for Coalition reconstruction efforts but no love for them. Pro-Regime sentiment was still strong and the soul of the nation was hurt deeply by the defeat of their once powerful country.

All across East Gavra, but particularly in the central and southern regions, hunger was spreading like a virus. In the hasty scorched earth efforts of some more radical Regime fighters in the last stages of the war, crops and food stores were destroyed, leaving much of the country without a bite to eat. It was one of the current government's largest problems along with the fact that it had no money to provide any assistance. The entire East Gavran economy was current floating on appropriations by the Repulaean Committee on COSPN Assets and Finance. Every Gavran dollar devoted to social programs, reconstruction efforts, maintenance works and the war in Keymoa was originally a Gavran Marchra or a Silvioni kehn or a Seran Goldin or a Euneian shire mark. It was a humiliating fact but one that was not about to change any time soon.

There was also the insurgency problem which had taken hold of much of the south. Pro-Regime insurgents, numbering in the thousands, had revived a guerrilla effort in the southern states to uproot the new government's authority there. Only limited Silvioni air support was spared to aid in the fighting so most of the combat was done by the remaining 5,000 Republican Militia troops still in the country. The fighting sporadic but costly and it threatened to spill over into other states. It was even rumored that beleaguered Keymoan troops dislodged from their units had traveled across the border to join these fighters in their efforts.

The situation was now perilous and an end to the war soon would alleviate much of the stress on the new East Gavran nation.

Repulaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Repulaea » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:37 pm

Just some developmental character stuff here to pass the time before you post.

Anstrona, Repulaea

And there they all were. Twelve fresh caskets all covered in crisp blue flags awaiting their transit to the families that would grieve over them. The President stared heavily out upon these caskets as the trumpets blared the common Repulaean military memorial tune "Ode to Night." The flags around the courtyard stood at half mast, the attendees in uniform at attention, civilian attendees looking on mournfully in silence, many with their heads down, some weeping. The transports at the airport across the road, which were to deliver the remains to their respective places of final rest, sat still and silent as to allow for the audibility of the trumpet ode. The crews of the aircraft stood at attention beside their aircraft, saluting their fallen comrades from across the street. The tune went on as the flags were folded and the honor guard advanced, readying to bear the caskets across the road to the planes. They did so with astounding ease and grace, all street traffic halting in patient silence as the twelve Repulaean heroes made their final march across the street to their respective bearers across the river Styx. The event left in its wake an eerie silence as the final invocation was read and the crowd was dismissed. President Tannas attended no less than a dozen such large services since the war began and never was he numbed by the potent sadness of the events. Though this ceremony was especially bitter. The war should have been over by now. But men were still dying.

As the President said his goodbyes and returned to his plane, he reflected on the many caskets he had seen. Likely, he had seen more dead soldiers than the average Repulaean combat veteran. Hundreds of fallen troopers passed him bye in their hallowed vessels of death, draped in blue. It was the most solemn duty for the President, one that he insisted on carrying out personally. He attended as many funerals as he could, rarely relying on attaches or representatives in his place. He sent these boys to their deaths. The least he could do was be there when they were put into the ground.

President Tannas felt a special hurt when dealing with King Marcus. After the death of the King's younger brother, Prince Reold Hower, the relationship between Tannas and Marcus was never the same. Though Marcus assured the President that he blamed no one for his brother's death and bore him no ill feelings, Tannas felt awkward in the King's presence. His war had caused the Prince's death as well as the deaths of over 3,000 other Repulaeans. He presided over an administration which undertook the third deadliest war in Repulaean history, and the most destructive armed conflict in 40 years. Guilt was the President's constant companion for the rest of his Administration. Though his cause was just, was it worth the price? He hoped so. God, he hoped so.

Central Keymoa

After a month of being bogged down in the Cassatev marshes, Sierra company was again on the move, heading it's battalion in a forward advance despite having lost fifteen men in what was now called "The Month of Hell." With Northwestern Keymoa mostly secured, allied forces proceeded south. Every unit was needed to finish the fight. Again, however, the attack slowed, just after it began to show potential. The last minute resurgence of Keymoan resistance was making the push to their capital more difficult. Losses again began to spike.

The battlefront was divided into "red zones," indicating zones of enemy activity. These red zones are where the Keymoans were making their finals stand before the capital and it was the job of units like Sierra company to help push them out.

Sergeant Mattius, jaded and worn, was still operating at top efficiency at the company's first sergeant and head of his second platoon. The Sierra men lead their battalion into village after village, rooting out enemy hot spots wherever they could be found, but it was bloody work. In the first week of this new operation, two Sierra company men were wounded and another two from Lima company lost their lives in a mortar attack. By now, everyone just wanted the war to be over and a deep hatred for the Keymoans who persisted in the war's duration began to take over as the soldiers' only drive toward final victory. It was coming. It was inevitable. But how many more men would have to be sent home draped in a blue flag to bring about the advent of that final victory?

Keymoa
Secretary

Founded: Aug 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Keymoa » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:04 am

Keymoa

Things for Keymoa looked grim. With the enemy converging from two sides, and now with their old ally East Gavra had finally begun its vendetta to displace the Keymoan regime. Over the past weeks, the final pockets of Keymoan forces before the capital had begun to slowly be destroyed by enemy forces in long, bloody skirmishes. It was decided that Keymoa was at a loss in this war, and would fall fighting as had their East Gavran ally earlier in the year. Constant airstrikes and artillery left Keymoan forces scrambled, resorting more and more to hit and run Guerilla tactics to disrupt enemy forces. With the high-profile military presence Keymoa had maintained throughout the war lost, the National Army began to look more and more like a ragtag militia, despite the high degree of the weapons the Keymoan military have used throughout the war. With ammunition caches seized, artillery bases leveled, and supply lines broken, the Keymoan's last strongpoint looked like the capital.

The Keymoan leadership still showed uncanny support for continuing the war. Now, an executive order by Menla Keev had forced the conscription of every capable male above age thirteen to serve in the war. Armed often with only a surplus Kalashnikovs. These militias resembled the fighting forces of East Gavra at the finale in Kemmonabative. The bulk of the militias were stationed in the capital of Menlavkee, preparing for the imminent siege of the city named for the ruler Menla Keev. Orders told the remaining pockets of Keymoan military outside of the city to return to defend the capital in Keymoa's final stand. History seemed to already be repeating itself to the siege of Kemmonabative.
Leader: High Leader Menla Keev
Enemies: The Commonwealth States of Camra region, COSPN
Allies: United Gavran States Region

RP Data:
Population: 176,000,000
Active Military: 4,100,000
Defense Budget: $7,098,120,767,155.89 NSD

Repulaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Repulaea » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:24 pm

To Mr. Andrew W. Adrian and Mrs. Elise J. Adrian

Dear Sir and Madam,

I apologize for not writing sooner but I have not had much opportunity for any correspondence in a while. Now that our unit is taking a temporary break from combat operations, however, I feel I must write to you regarding the death of your son Ricky who we lost almost two months ago. Here we called him Doc and he was more than just a physical healer. He laughed with us and helped us laugh when we needed it most. He kept our spirits up even when they had no reason to be up. He was one of the dearest members of our brotherhood and not a day goes by that we don't miss him terribly, a feeling you undoubtedly share with us. I wish I could say that I cannot begin to imagine your loss but I am not imagining it. I am feeling it. He was as a brother to me and to us all. I am so sorry he's gone. I feel it is my obligation to tell you briefly how he died.

Ricky was killed outside the Keymoan city of Cassatev in an attempt to reach a fellow wounded soldier who also did not survive. However, Ricky's death was quick and painless and he hardly felt a thing. This is no consolation, I know, but I wanted you to take comfort in the fact that Ricky went easily and without much pain. He was a great kid and I will never forget him for as long as I am alive. None of us will.

Please write to me if you have any questions. I will be happy to correspond with you if I have the chance. Thank you for reading this. It will mean a lot to all of us here in Sierra Company to give you word that we are all behind you as we were behind your son until the end.

Most sincerely,

First Sergeant Ronald Mattius, Commanding 2nd platoon, Sierra Company

Ron knew he had lied to them. Doc's death was anything but quick and painless. He strode down to the battalion PO and mailed the letter, hand written, something he hoped the Adrians would appreciate. Then Ron returned to the CP, hoping that his healing lie would do some good.

Five miles Northwest of Menlavkee

Other than the futile guerrilla was being launched across the countryside by die-hard Keymoan fighters, most Keymoan forces had consolidated at the capital of Menlavkee, the final stronghold of and an arrogant epitaph to the Menla Keev Regime. Repulaean forces from the southern landings of Operation: Little Spartan had taken control of most of the country to the east and the capital was very nearly surrounded by Coalition forces. A final assault was planned with absolute care, attempting to limit the casualties as much as possible to save families back home last minute anguish. The Keev Regime, however, held on to the country with every last greedy ounce of strength it had.

Keev's new conscription policies showed how desperate and selfish the man was, happily willing to sacrifice children to retain a few more weeks on his teetering throne. With the President calling for an end to the war, General Zachary Marcer had to act soon. A final assault was planed within the next week or two. In the meantime, surgical strikes would commence across the city, targeting military strong points, troop concentrations and supply depots. Repulaea committed 45,000 forces to the ground attack with an additional 23,000 troops contributed by the other COSPN nations. Round-the-clock bombings would keep the Keymoans awake and frightened until the final ground attack commenced.

Over Central Gavra, Repulaea and Euneia initiated the largest wave of air assaults in months with heavy bombers and strike fighters rapidly crippling whatever was left within the country. Central Gavra undoubtedly regretted not accepting the Coalition's peace terms when it had the chance. Now, a war's end bombing splurge would finish off what remained of the Central Gavran military and heavy infrastructure. By week's end, the country would likely be totally crippled.

The endgame was now beginning in earnest as bombers swept over Central Gavra and Menlavkee. One had to wonder, however, how long it would take and how much blood would be spilled before Keev relinquished his tyrannical grasp on his bleeding country starving for peace.

Mallaska
Diplomat

Postby Mallaska » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:44 pm

1st Lieutenant Lawrence Timber
1st Squad, 3rd Platoon, Hotel Company, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Regiment, 1st Marine Division
7 miles Southeast of Menlavkee

"A fine few months away from the shithole here. Atleast they extended our leave." Sergeant Lewis Tammerly said while loading gear into the back of one of 3rd Platoon's AMRAPs. The 1st Marine's were finally back into the fray, relieving the rival 3rd Marine Division of the full burden on the Federal Marine's side. A thick rivalry between the 1st and 3rd divisions had existed since 1894, and the 1st Division always seemed to be king. Whether it be a heated game of Lacrosse, a drinking contest, or a simple training exercise, the two Marine divisions sought to outdo each other. However, the two rivals would need to get along for the final assault on Menlavkee.

"I wish they kept the Third doing everything here a bit longer, have some more of the scrubs killed." Pfc. Robinson stated.

"Well, they're with us in end, so I'd rather see enemy bodies than theirs. Save the thrashing on those Third scrubs until we're out of here. I honestly hate those snobby Thirds, but in the end they're on our side." Lt. Timber addressed the two men. The platoon was mobilizing yet again, this time in preparations for taking yet another large city. The 1st Marine Division was brought back in haste in order to take Menlavkee. Already filled with experienced soldiers of multiple city sieges, such as Lt. Timber, they would be key to fighting a battle now looking to be a mirror-image of Kemmonabative.

Mallaskan officers looked to quickly end the war, and thus mobilized a Mallaskan force of around 100,000 to converge upon the city. A lofty goal was set to take the city by November 7th, the 1-year anniversary of the war's official starting. Already Mallaskan F-111 Aardvarks, the vaunted (Yet aging), bombers which were credited to dropping about 67% of all Mallaskan munitions dropped in the war, were beginning to make runs for precision strikes against targets of interest. These targets were government buildings, means of production, military depots, and anywhere suspected to house a soldier. It could be admitted that, like in Kemmonabative, the Federal Air Force was somewhat trigger-happy regarding their bombing. Artillery fired day and night, working meanwhile to simply bombard the hell out of the city. The Mallaskans had a bit of a score to settle, as the Keymoans had made it personal with their interests against civilian targets in Callista early in the war.

Lieutenant Timber was, meanwhile, busy trying to manage his platoon, meanwhile attempting to contact home whenever he could. Him and his wife would exchange pictures through the mail attached to letters, typically Lt. Timber would get time to snap a photo during a patrol. He would attach a few pictures, and a week later in Caitlin's letter response would be a few photos taken in the morning, and lately several of her efforts to prepare for their new child on the way, as well of her progress through her pregnancy. Many Mallaskan soldiers would attempt to get photographs to send home for their families, and Lt. Timber would not hesitate to assist some men in their picture-taking. Several videos were even recorded during downtime, or capturing scenes of combat. Earlier in East Gavra several clips recorded from 3rd Platoon could be seen on Mallaskan news stations.

With a new deployment, sadly also came the fact that friends would be lost. Lieutenant Timber had grown to like his men, and especially Sergeant Lewis Tammerly, whom he met just a month ago back in Mallaska when Tammerly was transferred to 3rd Platoon after Sergeant Townes was relieved of service after serving his compulsory year. Lieutenant Timber was not done with a full year, as of yet, but he made the decision to be a career soldier. A man whom had risen to First Lieutenant from a mere Corporal within a year was one which the Federal Marines could easily keep. While the date to attack Menlavkee grew ever closer, Lt. Timber could find peace in the fact that success here would mean his full rotation home to his wife, and soon his child.

Repulaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Repulaea » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Menlavkee Sector

COSPN Command soon realized that the venture to seize the Keymoan capital would be no easy task. Menla Keev had garrisoned what were estimated to be tens of thousands of troops in and around the city, 80,000 by some of the highest counts. It was one vast fortress, the last in the country, and it was completely surrounded. Still, the radicalism spurred on by the regime would ensure that their soldiers would fight to the last breath, even in vain. This would make the last few weeks of the war some of the costliest on record.

With this in mind, COSPN forces stepped up their ranged assaults against the fortress city. Missiles, artillery and airstrikes pummeled Keymoan facilities and troop concentrations for miles. The dense city made collateral damage a serious issue and, though extra precautions were taken, unavoidable civilian losses mounted into the hundreds. All escape routes were disabled or captured as well. Rivers that offered valuable exits for enemy forces were mined. Munitions depots and barracks were among the most prized targets for Repulaean pilots along with ground vehicles and anti-aircraft emplacements. The city was soon being torn asunder as its enemies began building up their forces just miles away in preparation for the final attack.

In coordination with Mallaskan command, COSPN devised a battle plan for the invasion of Menlavkee. It was named Operation: Templar and was to be the last major ground offensive of the war. COSPN would allocate a total of 68,000 ground troops for the campaign and hoped the Mallaskans could muster about half that number for their portion of the advance. The plan included a massive pre-assault barrage that would last for days with relent. Two thirds of the Repulaean forces would plunge into the northwestern front of the Menlavkee Line, as it became known, while the remaining third would follow the Euneians into the southern front. Silvion and Serany would hit the far western front. The northeastern and far eastern fronts would be the responsibility of the Mallaskan forces. All avenues of approach would be covered and the city would be completely cut off while under attack. The offensive was scheduled for 0200 hours on the morning of October 15th. Until then, a relentless barrage from land and air would be pounding the city's defenses.

In just four days, the regime of Menla Keev would finally begin to fall.

Repulaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Repulaea » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Menlavkee Sector

After nearly ten days of fighting, a new bloodbath was realized. The Keymoans were not making it easy for the advancing Repulaean troops. Initially, the offensive went well.The Keymoan troops were likely caught off guard by the overwhelming shock and awe of the Coalition barrages. However, as the enemy acclimated to the hell around them, they began to rally a final desperate and stubborn resistance. Just as the Coalition began to enter the city on October 20th, casualties began to spike. Operation: Templar now ushered in the largest casualty concentration in many months. Some East Gavran army units were even brought up from their anti-insurgency posts in the rear to aid in the struggle. The end, however, was undeniably near.

The brutal fighting throughout the city caused the largest amount of Keymoan civilian casualties by Repulaean hands during the whole war. In the compacted city, it was unavoidable. Slowly, as the battle lines lurched toward the urban center of the Keymoan capital, the landscape was reduced to a scene of destruction.

Similar scenes could also describe Central Gavran targets farther north. The nation was virtually useless. With unchallenegd Coalition control of the air, hell rained down upon Central Gavra and what was left of the country was likely put out of action in a little over a week.

Now, at the behest of the COSPN Security Council, Repulaea openly demanded the unconditional surrender of all Keymoan military and government officials in the country and to submit to the signing of such surrender papers as was required by the Coalition community. Though the answer was likely to be one last brazenly self-serving "never," Coalition staff nonetheless prepared for the remote possibility of a Keymoan surrender and a final end to the bloody war that had torn a region apart.

Anstrona, Repulaea
Office of the Admiralty

Vice Admiral Rikard Quinn always had a knack for keeping tabs on his whole fleet. Every ship under the Blue Flag was seen as a personal possession of the 44 year naval veteran and no one would care to challenge him on that.

The Repulaean Maritime Veteran Association (RMVA) had been bothering the Admiralty for months to return the C.R.S. Capital (BR-161) to Repulaean hands. After five years, the Association had finally acquired the funds to open a C.R.S. Capital museum in the navy town of Corth, just inside the port of Anstrona. Now, a petition of 2,000 signatures was resting upon Admiral Quin's desk demanding the return of the proud old Continental War veteran, known affectionately to her Repulaean crew as "Ol' Sally" (before she was lent to the Mallaskan navy, her modern Repulaean caretakers from the Navy Guard called her "Caps Lock").

He paced around his office shortly before hammering out an official letter to the Mallaskan Federal Navy. It read:

To: The Mallaskan Federal Naval Command

Honored Allies,

As pressures for her return have mounted, we hereby respectfully request that the battleship FNV Capital be officially discharged and decommissioned from the Mallaskan active roster and placed in the service of the Repulaean Royal Navy once again. The long awaited return of the Capital would mean much to the Repulaean Maritime Veterans Association as well as the C.R.S. Capital Veterans Group. As per the terms of the lent lease provision of Primary Defense Resolution RS-1232.232, we have an agreement regarding the return of this vessel, one of our nation's most time-honored warships. We thank you very much for your cooperation and expediency in the matter. If it is agreeable to you, we are prepared to hold a changing of the guard ceremony aboard the Capital at your earliest convenience, during which the vessel will be relinquished to its Repulaean crew and assume its former Repulaen designation. The ship will remain on station with her new crew for the remainder of the war in the Repulaean 2nd Fleet. The Mallaskan crew, however, will have the honor of being the last crew to serve aboard the famous Capital in a combat capacity.

In honor of her Mallaskan crew, who valiantly served on her for nearly as long as her maiden crew during the Continental War, the C.R.S. Capital will forever fly the Mallaskan colors alongside our proud Blue Banner and will dawn a memorial plaque in the ward room commemorating the Mallaskan veteran seamen who made the vessel their home during this brutal conflict. She will forever be a ship of two nations.

In addition, the Congress of the Repulaean Constitutional Monarchy has authorized the Royal Admiralty to amend the Primary Defense Resolution by granting you complete and total ownership of the original six Crispen class transport docks that were lent to you gratis. This is a gesture of good faith in our partnership and a sincere thank you for your service as our ally.

Again, we thank you for your cooperation and friendship and we wish nothing but the best for the future prospects of the Mallaskan state.

Your eternal ally,

Vice Admiral Rikard David Quin
Repulaean Royal Admiralty, Vice Chair of the Naval Intelligence Commission

Keymoa
Secretary

Founded: Aug 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Keymoa » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Keev Palace, Menlavkee

After about twenty days of fighting in Menlavkee, the enemy drew nearer and nearer to the battered gates of the Keev Palace, the home and legislative office of Menla Keev. As the sun slowly set, and tracers began to present themselves to the sky, Menla Keev looked over his ruined city. His palace itself had taken somewhat considerable damage in many places, and in points, entire parts of the lavish building which stuck out among the otherwise lacking city were nothing more than piles of rubble. Keev looked out of the window from his second-floor office, which had surprisingly gone without too much damage. Among him were ten of his elite guards, hailing from the Haztraska Guard, the personal guard element to the High Leader and those close to him.

Keev himself had with him a lavishly decorated Makarov PM handgun with a gold-plated slide and body, with beautifully decorated ivory grips with his name engraved within. Although he typically only took it to military events and other public appearances, often unloaded, this time he had it loaded and had it unholstered, holding it in his right hand. It finally had occurred to him that the war was to be ended, and Keymoa had no longer had means to fight. Although, if Keev were captured, he would likely end up facing the most grizzly of consequences for war crimes, and decided that he would be the one to kill himself before an overzealous Mallaskan infantryman or a stray Repulaean airstrike would take his life, or face a worse death brought upon by court after war.

Slowly, he gave final instructions to his aid, Gestroiva Laskaz, upon his final wishes. He wanted Keymoa to fight until the very end, even if he were to die. In his final address, Gestroiva was given ultimate rule after Keev had committed suicide, working to fight to the very last Keymoan. As Keev's final address had come to a close, recorded by a personal clerk, Keev strolled to the center of his expansive office, and without another word, lifted the lavish Makarov PM to his head, and pulled the trigger. The single 9x18mm unleashed into his cranium killed him instantly, and as his body hit the floor, a signal over the Keymoa radio network announced the death of Keev to any remaining communication device, military or civilian.

Almost immediately after Keev's death, Gestroiva spat in disgust onto the body of his former ruler. With no fear, he faced the ten guards and the clerk and stated:

"Clerk, regard my words. For I wish to not uphold the unjust policy of my former ruler. As acting leader, my decree goes towards peace with our enemy, and reforming our country to ensure no such fool guides us in such a bad direction as Keev has done. Fly the white colors of surrender, I declare. I intend to meet with the highest military and political powers of our enemy to discuss peaceful terms in this building."
Leader: High Leader Menla Keev
Enemies: The Commonwealth States of Camra region, COSPN
Allies: United Gavran States Region

RP Data:
Population: 176,000,000
Active Military: 4,100,000
Defense Budget: $7,098,120,767,155.89 NSD

Mallaska
Diplomat

Postby Mallaska » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Mallaskan Department of Defense
Official Document

Recipient: The Repulaean Royal Admiralty
Responsible: The Mallaskan Federal Navy Command, Mallaskan Department of Defense

To our most esteemed allies,

After reviewing your request by your esteemed nation regarding the return of the C.R.S. Capital, we fully agree to decommission the vessel with all due haste for return to Repulaean hands. A changing of guard ceremony shall take place at earliest convenience in the naval harbor of Markoh, where the Mallaskan Navy has utilized as its home port in the Gavran theatre of war. The Mallaskan Department of Defense shall fully uphold the values of the deal struck one year ago, and will always honor the contributions of the Repulaean Navy has made to Mallaskan forces and our war efforts in general. We greatly thank you for the permanent commissioning of the six Crispen class transport dock ships to the Mallaskan Federal Navy, where they, have no doubt, been integral to landing and logistical operations throughout the entire war.

We would further like to inform you of a summary of the C.R.S. Capital's service in Mallaskan hands. The Capital has no doubt, been a useful vessel under the Mallaskan banner, and has made big contributions to military efforts despite its age. The Capital has also been credited to two kills on enemy vessels through the war, both with the sizeable battle of the Keymoan Sea, where the Capital and other battleships under Mallaskan command were of utmost importance in the engagement of opposing ships in the integral battle.

Signed,
Admiral of the Navy Lewis Fulk
Mallaskan Department of Defense

1st Lieutenant Lawrence Timber
1st Squad, 3rd Platoon, Hotel Company, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Regiment, 1st Marine Division
Menlavkee

In the chilly night, the news that 1st Lt. Timber had waited to hear throughout the entire war had come: The Keymoan leader Menla Keev had committed suicide, and the newsest sworn leader had stated intentions of creating a peace conference with all due haste. Almost instantly after hearing news of the surrender, the Mallaskan troops cheered and celebrated. Over the past several weeks, the Mallaskan military assisted in the assault on Menlavkee in Operation Iliad. Over twenty days, fierce fighting in the city had raised stiff casualties among the Mallaskans, numbering about 470 men dead, and about another 700 wounded. It hadn't been as bloody as Kemmonabative, thanks to urban warfare strategies learned by veteran units such as the 1st Marine Division in the battle, put to good use thanks to new technology and weapons. Timber's 3rd Platoon itself sustained only 5 casualties, two men killed and three more wounded.

What surprised 1st Lt. Timber most, however, was a request given to him by the highest ranking Mallaskan officer in the war, Commander Damien Cuttler, the newest appointed Mallaskan Commander-in-Chief. He requested that Lt. Timber and the 3rd Platoon be his escorts and guards to the conference with the new Keymoan leader in the Keev Palace. To much more surprise of Lt. Timber, President Rick Hall would also be attending the conference, set to be held on November 7th, the exact 1-year anniversary of the war's start. With just two days to prepare, and threat of enemy attack dwindled, the 3rd Platoon cleaned itself off and practiced its drill, and dressed in its formal uniforms, a rare sight. To be escorts to the highest ranking Mallaskan officials meant to be a high honor, and Lt. Timber highly anticipated the moment.
Last edited by Mallaska on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Repulaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Repulaea » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 pm

"VK Day"

The suicide of the tyrant Menla Keev and the subsequent surrender of the Keymoan armed forces and government marked the end of an era in the Gavran Islands. The two most oppressive powers in the region, East Gavra and Keymoa, had both fallen prey to the might of a coalition of liberty loving nations. The war had ravaged an entire region, sweeping its destructive path across four separate Gavran countries leaving a trail of carnage and misery that the Joint Coalition Alliance of Gavra, or JCAG, was now forced to clean up. It had left hundreds of thousands dead and millions homeless, millions more nation-less. All involved felt some semblance of loss. But it was over. The Repulaean air campaign against Central Gavra was halted after ravaging the country since the Summer. All offensive combat action was suspended. Yes it was true, though to many it seemed surreal. After a year of unrelenting, brutal, fast-paced combat, the war was over at last.

The Paragon newspaper in Repulaea stylized it "VK Day," or "Victory Over Keymoa Day," but it never really caught on. Celebrations took hold of the ranks, Repulaean and Mallaskan troops joining with other Coalition units in an impromptu flurry of celebratory obscenity, flirtations and partying in the main square of the ruined Menlavkee City. They traded souvenirs, stories and occasionally tears. It was the most therapeutic experience most of the soldiers had went through since the war began. Back home in Repulaea, celebrations ignited at around 8:30 pm when the news of the surrender got out and did not cease until late the next morning. In cities across the country, Repulaea saw the largest war's end celebrations since the end of the Continental War in 1941. Repulaeans were ecstatic to hear that over half a million of their people were coming home and the president was going to keep to his promise to end the conscription the day after the war's end. No more draft numbers, no more war and no more boys coming home in caskets covered in blue flags. Fireworks illuminated the skies over the capital, Ancot, as President Tannas looked out the window of the Presidential Estate with his wife, enjoying his first moment of pure solace in over a year.

Yet in the back of everyone's mind was the price. The war had been the third longest and third deadliest in Repulaean history. Repulaea lost 3,619 people killed in the war with an additional 18,142 wounded and 77 missing. Euneia lost some 722 killed with twice as many wounded. Silvion's war dead numbered 582 and Serany's 328. Overall, 5,251 military personnel from the COSPN nations were lost forever in just one short year of ruthless warfare. In addition, two warships had been sent to the bottom of the West Keymoan sea and 111 aircraft had been lost. An entire region was shattered and whole populations displaced. Exact figures were impossible to tabulate but it was reasonably estimated that some 300,000 people perished in the war with over 3 million displaced. The humanitarian toll of the war was staggering and had to be rectified by the new JCAG overseers. It was time for a new era in the Gavran Islands. The old one ended with Menla Keev's ostentatious Makarov pistol. The war was over.

Siera Company, 4th Battalion, 120th RCR
Menlavkee

The night erupted in an explosion, this time of celebrations instead of bombs or mortars. For the first time in nearly a year, the guns fell silent. The whole company seemed to be in a frenzy. They seemed to be partying harder than most. It was a right to which they were well entitled. Statistically, they had taken more casualties than any other single Repulaean combat company in the war, loosing 42 killed and 121 wounded, about fifty percent of their initial strength. Though replacements filled the troop gaps, it still left the company with an unhealed wound. What was a night rampaging through the streets of Menlavkee in a wild stupor other than beneficial. Besides, Siera company's initial one year deployment would be up in two weeks time. Before Mira, they were told that only about two months of their tour would be in a combat phase while the rest would be occupation and cleanup. No one foresaw an invasion of East Gavra or Keymoa. No one foresaw a heightening of the war to such levels. No one in Sierra company was truly ready to face what is now called the "Year of Hell." Yet now, they were coming home different men.

Sierra company had been stationed at Keev Palace and had helped a Mallaskan patrol hoist up the green and the blue colors simultaneously atop the roof. Menla Keev's body had just recently been removed from the premises. The men now occupied the building and took advantage of its luxurious furnishings and myriad souvenirs. Staff Sergeant Ron Mattius looked on from a balcony with a few other old salts, including the beloved company commander, Captain Paul Brice. Staff Sergeant Josh "Cal" Caluin and now Sergeant Allen Dreer were among Ron's few close friends remaining alive. They too accompanied the small posse on the balcony, smoking, drinking and watching the kids play. Dreer was adorned with a tattered Keymoan flag tied around his neck like a superhero cape (later identified as the large one which flew atop Keev Palace) and Cal wore a Mallaskan helmet which he traded for some smokes and a Keymoan officer's ceremonial belt buckle. Both were drunk and discussing in great detail nothing in particular with the other drunk men. Captain Brice messed around with the guys but also seemed out of place and unsettled. He was all of a sudden uncomfortable with peace. He had finally gotten used to "murder mode." But his disconnected state did not compare with Ron's. Ron was not drinking. Ron was not smoking. He was only staring. Staring into an abyss of colors, lights and sounds that seemed strangely like a battle to him.

At this he jumped. His right hand began to shake uncontrollably. Little did he know that this would be the first episode of an affliction that would remain with him all his life. Captain Brice braced him by the shoulders as the other men watched in worried fascination.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Captain Brice asked. Unable to speak, Ron collapsed on the floor of the balcony and wept. The war was over.

ImageImage

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents