NATION

PASSWORD

Disconnected: a journey of discovery IC PMT open

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Kratna X2
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Disconnected: a journey of discovery IC PMT open

Postby Kratna X2 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:29 pm

OOC: OOC thread and sign up here

"Kayora we have need of you" A man in a pure white suit walked out of the shadows of the young woman’s room and stepped into the shaft of sunlight coming through the window, the sunlight illuminating the pleasant features of his face.

Kayora sat up in her bed and turned to face the man "Yes Calno?" she asked simply. she had never questioned anything Calno had told her but the woman in red that was sometimes with him she didn't trust as completely

"Kayora the bandits are once again setting up a camp in the forest" his tone was sad as though he genuinely wished they would stop threatening the peace of there village "the village elders hate to ask this of you. But would you once again rid of lands on these brigands so we can live in peace?"

"Of course Calno for you anything" she gave him a pleasant smile having been forbidden to hug him as would have normally done. Before exiting her room and gathering the presented weapons of a javelin, a short bow, and a light sword and shield. She strapped on the equipment and settling the bits of armor provided gave a jaunty salute and launched her self into the air.

"I don't know why you insist on carrying on this fantasy farce Michael" the woman in red said from where she was sitting at the table idly picking at one of the flowers in the vase

"I told you never to call me that here Aiath" he said turning on her "it's Calno and this fantasy world was the most readily accepted by her mind from all the different worlds we tried on her. so the fantasy world stays"

"You do know its a less accurate representation"

"Yes but we've been getting far superior results and that’s what’s important"

All personnel clear stations neural control being transferred to unit GINX-001 prep the Melee pack load assault riffle and ready the missile mount. Operational clearance a go... the GINX is launching

Kayora glided over the forest searching the ground for The bandit camp she had been told about it was up to her to flush them out and hopefully convince them to never return she fought because she had to for the defense of the village not because she enjoyed causing pain on others.

She was keeping her eyes on the ground letting her senses and instinct guide her search. There was no feeling like the air rushing across her skin as she flew through the open sky the warm sun shining on her. she suddenly paused as a couple of the trees below her flashed different colours for a moment before returning to normal

In a dimly lit room filled with computer screens several men started scrambling there fingers flying across keys entering line after line of diagnostic code

"Someone want to tell me what the hell that was?"

"We are checking now sir. But it would appear to be a minor software glitch"

"Software glitch? The system was supposed to be isolated"

"It is. We are trying to get a better idea of what happened"

"What about the subject?" he turned to face a window into the next room holographic vital signs displayed along the bottom edge. the window looked into a small room where a young woman lay on a table seemingly unconscious with numerous wires and cables coming from various parts of her body primarily one anchored to the base of her skull

"No change in vitals or connectivity other than the multi colour tree's there’s no sign anything’s wrong"

"You know that’s even more disturbing that a massive failure because we don't know what the hell is wrong" he looked back through the window at the girl lying ever peacefully on the table

Kayora stared at the trees for a moment longer before moving on dropping to the ground to search through the trees more closely. as she walked around on her search it slowly began clouding over until the sky had turned black and the wind had picked up

"Now what’s going on... its supposed to be clear and sunny?"

"Something’s gotten into the program. we can't seem to isolate it"

"Track it find out what its after we need enough warning if we are going to safely pull the plug" they have only had to do it a couple of times and then usually for hardware upgrades due to the subjects growing body but she had no memory of this because since she was hooked right into the main system they where in control of what she remembered and even insert memory's

as the weather continued to worsen it started raining and there was the odd thunder clap which actually scared her making her heart rate increase as she huddled under a tree to avoid the rain she hated the thunder and being wet and now she was out in both and she wasn't liking it with every thunderclap startling her

The vital sign monitors started beeping due to the increase in heart rate and other physical signs of stress and anxiety

"Can you stop it or not?"

"No sir. Whoever programmed it knew what they where doing. Its rewriting its self as it moves through the system"

"Pull the plug!"

"I'm trying to sir its no-- SHIT" a static discharge pulsed through the keyboard right before arcing between the consoles shorting out monitors casing sparks to fly everywhere further illuminating the room with the occasional bright flash as a monitor blew

Kayora screamed as a flash of lightning hit close to her flinching at the immediate thunder that went with it

"some one get in there yank it manually!" it wasn't the best option as there was the risk of damage to the subjects neural pathways but it was a damn sight better than having her brain cooked by an electrical overload

Someone ran into the room as the girl started visibly thrashing on the table matching her movements in the program

She screamed again as another strike hit near her again she took off running the lightning strangely seeming to following her as she ran

in the room the man was struggling to manually shut it down but couldn't get close enough with arcing electricity and sparks flying all over the place

Kayora jumped backwards and fell down screaming as lightning hid right in front of her she huddled in the fetal position for a moment before looking up to see a bolt of lighting coming right at her.

she sat up screaming as the wall of the room she was in exploded sending the man that was there flying into the opposite wall. She screamed again as six men ran into the room through the smoke and dust. two started clipping black cords while two more watched the hole they had come in and the remaining two fired there weapons into a window shattering the glass. she cold hear screams coming from the other side but couldn't see who it was

"Secondary cables cut sir!"

"Good pull the primary and lets get out of here"

There was a sharp sickening pain as someone pulled at something at the back of her head that almost caused her to black out but instead left her very dizzy and disoriented as she was picked up by one of the men who then ran out of the hole into a hallway.

There was more lashes and thunderous noise from the strange weapons as they ran through the hallways. The men where shouting things back and fourth but she couldn't make out what they where saying but by there urgency she could tell they where in a hurry.

the group burst through a set of doors and were outside where after some more bursts of the noise she was roughly thrown into a metal carriage followed by 4 of the men as the other 2 got into the front seats before taking off. She could hear the sounds something impacting the outside of the carriage as they sped off.

"We did it we got her!"

"Shut yer hole we haven't gotten away yet"

"Are you kidding with the way jimmy drives we are scott free" the carriage suddenly started spinning out of control as something impacted with it

"Shit!"

"Jimmy what’s happening!"

"Sniper must have shot out a rear tire! if we can make it across the bridge we will be ok though"

"Good the forest after that corner should give us enough cover to escape the sniper fire"

they continued on for another moment or two in tense silence Kayora was still lying groggily on the floor still not fully recovered from being unplugged so abruptly, not that she knew that’s what had happened, she just knew that she had been hit by lightning and woke up in a room full of wires and cables, had a wall blow up and was now in a metal carriage going who knows where and if she could just clear her head she would just fly out of here and figure out where she was

"there it is there’s the bridge we made it" the first man spoke up again almost cheering but it was premature... as soon as they started turning to cross the bridge another tire was blown out sending the van slamming into the railing and over the edge into the river below killing or seriously injuring the men when it hit the bottom of the very shallow river Kayora being more or less relaxed and lying on the floor remained largely unhurt due to dumb luck more than anything although she did break a arm not that she could tell from all the shock she was in.

The sudden shock of cold water on her face woke her up enough to see that the rear door had been knocked open and water was rapidly filling the inside sure to drown everyone. She forced herself up and out of the van only to be carried down the river by the current not being able to swim against it due to her weakened state only to wash up tired and exhausted on a riverbank somewhat farther down stream.
Last edited by Kratna X2 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelewann
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Disconnected: a journey of discovery IC PMT open

Postby Kelewann » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Fred had been visiting his dad, since he was becoming more elderly each day. He wanted to spend as much time with him as posible, since he didnt know how much time he had left. Then all of a sudden a shot rang out
"Dad, do you hear that" asked fred
"Yes, son I suppose I do. I havent heard a noise like that in a long, long time" said a old voice, His dad's Bob voice. "That is the sound of gun fireing. I heard a lot of that in the revolution you know." Bob said
"What do you expect their fireing at" asked Fred.
"I dont know, but I would stay clear of it If I were you" warningly said Bob "It will only end you dead"
All of a sudden another shot rang out
"Thats it, pop. Im going to go get Joe and were going to find out whats all this shooting about" said a nieve Fred

Fred opened the door, look around. He saw a car stopped on a bridge. He quickly made a mental note of it, and ran across the street to Joes house. He knocked on the door, and Joes dad quickly opened it up and rushed Bob into the house before shutting the door.

"Mr. Fringleburg, do you know where bob is?" asked Fred
Bob had been helping out his parents take care of the house since his mother had gone to a nursing hospital. This was one of the reasons Bob had come down to his parents house. He hadnt talked to Bob in a long time.
"Oh, Bob is right up staris. I hope it has nothing to do with those gun shots I heard though." said Mr, Fringleburg
Last edited by Kelewann on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I come in peace. I didnt bring artillery. But im pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, i'll kill you all" - Marine General James Mattis to Iraqi Leaders
DEFCON
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
reason: At peace

Kelewann
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelewann » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:52 am

Bob came down the stairs, having heard his name being called. He was a little suprised when he saw Fred. "Fred wasnt supposed to come over untill tomorrow" Bob though. "O well I have nothing I was going to be doing today, so I suppose it dosnt matter. He can always come with me to say hi to Mike I suppose" Bob though again
"Yo, was up Fred" asked bob while giving Fred a hand shake
"nothing much, what about you? I hope I didnt starrtle you, me coimg a day earlier and all" replyed Fred
"Eh nothing much I was just ab, and dont worry about comming here a day earlier. My familys home is your familys hom remeber?" said Bob
"Ya, I do remeber that" Fred said jokingly
"Ok, so what brings you here a day earlier.For a second when I heard my name being called by my pop's I though it was Mike" Bob said
"Mike?" a puzzled Fred asked
"Ya, hes a friend I meet here while helping out my dad. I was just on my way to see him" Bob said again
" ok, thats perfect then. Do you think he, or you would mind If I came with you to see him. I have something I want to talk to you about" Fred said
"Sure, what were gona do is walk so were even with the bridge then turn and walk down the street so we have our backs tword the house. He will be the 3 last house on the left." said Bob
"ok, Ill explain to you on the way" fred said while starting to leave the house with Bob behind him
As they started to start walking Fred wispered
"you know tose 2 shots we heard. Well my dad says their sniper shots. Also on the way to this house I saw a car on the bridge. I dont know what all this means, but I was wondering if you did" Fred asked
"No I dont" bob said "but im pretty shure Mike will. Mike yoused to be a spy, he was discharged thouse, because of a accident with his eye. Lets go see if he knows anything" Bob said
So they started to walk a little bit faster. They were almost with in eye sight of the bridge. So soon they would have their backs faced to the bridge and the woods.
"I come in peace. I didnt bring artillery. But im pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, i'll kill you all" - Marine General James Mattis to Iraqi Leaders
DEFCON
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Kratna X2
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kratna X2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Gothart Industries HQ

"Mr. Gothart... we have a problem" Dr. Reynolds hated that he had to even make this report.. the project was supposed to be classified how the hell there competitors found out he would never know

"yes Dr Reynolds. what is it?" the man was sitting behind his desk his back turned towards the doctor so all he saw as the back of the chair as Mr. Gothart stared out the window

"there's been an attack on one of our research sites" the doctor was clearly worried about Mr. Gothart's reaction to this news

"what site?"

"site 419"

"what!" Micheal spun around and stood up in a rage "what happened!"

"we haven't gotten details yet but preliminary reports say a team forcibly assaulted the complex..."

"is the project secure?"

"no sir..."

"damn it!" he slammed his fist on the desk "what happened!!"

"apparently a virus was planted and forced a disconnect... the team timed there strike to coincide with the disconnect..."

"what the hell have you people been doing! do you realize what might have happened had i still been connected via the game portal?... tell me Kayora is secure..."

there was a tense silence that spoke louder than anything the doctor could have said "we already have teams out to investigate"

"Find her!" Micheal yelled as a dismissal "find her or its your ass that's taking the fall for this not me!"

site 419

out near the bridge 3 black SUV's rushed passed, one stopping on the bridge while the others continued to the complex. at the bridge 4 men got out 3 of them scrambling down the bank to investigate the van. they scrambled all over it checking the remaining bodies for any clue of who they where

"is she there?" the leader on the bridge called down

"no Sir. there's no sign of her" one of the men called up

the leader slammed his fist on the hood "damn it" he pulled out his cell and punched the number "we found the van... shes not here... there all dead... no identifying marks.. suspecting our primary competitor from the weapons make... understood... pile in we are joining the other teams" he called down to the men in the river

the men climbed back up the bank as it sped off towards the complex

Kelewann
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelewann » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:33 pm

As they were nearing the bridge
"Bob, thats the same van I saw earlier." Fred said pointing to the van on the bridge
"So thats the van that got shot?" Bob asked
"Ya, lets go get Mike and show him this car" Fred said

So they turned their backs to the bridge and started to walk to Miks house. After about 5 houses they heard a wisper
"ptsss Bob is that you?" wispered mike from behind a bunch of bargabe barrels
"Mike, is that you?" softly a startled bob said
"Who is that with you" Mike asked
"He is a old friend of mine. You can trust him"
Mike walked out from behind the garbage.He shook hands with Fred and they exchanged greetings. They could also tell that he looked worryed, and it showed very clearly on his face. He shook hands with Fred and they exchanged greetings
"whats the matter mike?" bob asked. Bob was also now worried by the exspertion that Mike had on his face.
" Well im not shure about what I saw because of" Mike said pointing to his missing eye (Now filled with a fake eye) "but if what I saw was correct, then the their is a conspiracy going on. All I know is this is something to do with the water. I know I saw some people by the water, so the first place to start would be their I guess."
"What are you talking about Mike. Are you suggesting that we get involved with this" Bob said
"Well if the theories are correct then yes, and the theorie is that they are doing some sort of expeiremnt on people. Since their was all those people on that bridge then it should be some what correct." Mike said. Mike then though "thank God, I wasnt seen because If I was who knows what would have happened to me." Mike then said "So the least we can do is try to find whats up. As a disquise we can pretend we are going fishing, so Bob we are going to have to go back to your house to get the fishing gear. Make shure nothing has our names on it, and all of it is light."
"Mike, your Crazy? What has gotten into you" bob asked
"Well, bob. What would you do if you family member was being tested on? would you try to save her?" Mike asked
"Yes, I would" said Bob getting a little more energetic about this new and upcomming "adventure"
"What about you Fred, you wana come?" Mike asked
"Well since bob is going, it cant be that bad. So I will come with you guys. Also I ahvent been fishing in a long time so, why not" Fred said with a little smile.

So they when back to Bobs house and got ths fishing equipment (3 poles, 1 net and 1 tackle box w/ fishing luers, with 3 fishing vests). They put on the vests and they each took 1 pole . They then started out toward the water.
DEFCON
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Kratna X2
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kratna X2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Kayora floated a short ways down stream the severed cables still attached to her disguising her as an other pile of driftwood as she used her remaining strength to pull herself onto the shore passing out before she could pull herself completely clear her bare feet remaining in the water.

her long lavender coloured hair a wet tangled mass covering her head its electric blue streaks standing out even more with the wet shine the water gave it. her shear body suit would do nothing to keep her warm it was after all designed to simply cover her body offering a sense of moral decency where non else existed.

the entire get up gave her the look of something from a sci-fi movie but the cables in her arms, legs and all the way up her spine along with the jack at the base of her skull where all to real

Kelewann
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelewann » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:29 pm

As they got near the water Mike looked around. He noticed the mens foot prints near the water Despite his bad eye. He also noticed the direction the water flowed.
Mike points in the direction the stream flowwed. "We will fish that way Put your lines into the water and just walk downstream. If you see anything tell me."

So they all tossed in their luers and started to walk down the stream (a little slower than normal speed) keeping their eyes out for anything suspiciouse
DEFCON
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Kratna X2
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kratna X2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:10 pm

"we interrupt your regular programing to bring you this special news flash.

just moments ago there was an incident at the Gothart Industries Research complex sources report that several employees have been killed with many more injured and at least one reported missing" an edited picture Of Kayora was displayed on the screen edited to look like a normal person other than her strange hair and eye colour but strangely there was no name listed "if anyone has seen her please contact the number displayed on the screen. we will have more on the news at 6 and now back to our regular programing"

"...only $119.99 order your copy today and be the first to experience the all new features of Halatia"

"Halatia expend your reality"

the commercial for GI's online Virtual Reality fantasy game ended and the regular show resumed

GI HQ

"was that wise?"

"don't question me Lindsy." Micheal shot back "we need her back and the fastest way is to get the public's help."

"you not concerned about how our competitors are going to respond to this?" she examined her fingernails from where she was reclining the office couch

Micheal poured himself an other shot of scotch and downed that one as well then refilling his class turned to face Lindsy "someone already knows or this wouldn't have happened.. damn it all how did it happen the whole project was supposed to be a secret"

"We can just replace her you know"

"do you want to volunteer?" his tone was serious

her face blanked she knew full well how dangerous the operation was never mind the mental trauma of actually being hooked up. they had gone though 26 prior candidates before finding "Kayora" the ones that had survived the surgery when crazy after being plugged in in a most unpleasant fashion

"i didn't think so" he finished his glass and walked out of the room

War Council X
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby War Council X » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:02 pm

When Big T saw the missing sign on TV at Mike's Bar, he thought, That 'aint a bad chick...hmmmm. Maybe there's a reward? I'll be on look, just in case. He drank his shot of vodka, paid his tab and exited out of the bar. Yeah, maybe I'll get some money. He went toward his apartment just along the sidewalk.
War Council X - Diversity
in
our Hands.

Kelewann
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelewann » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:21 pm

OOC: is the girl still on the edge of the river?
DEFCON
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Kratna X2
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kratna X2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Kelewann wrote:OOC: is the girl still on the edge of the river?

OOC: yup

Kelewann
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelewann » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:40 pm

As they were walking down, they Fred saw something. He stoped and look around to see if anyone else was there. There were none. He then pointed toward the girl.
"what is that,thing" asked Fred
"That is what we are looking for" Mike said with a smile
"Do you think its harmfull" bob asked
"Well their is only 1 way to find out" Mike said with a smile again.
He started to walk to the girl, very slowly. Once he got near It he put his hand out in a handshake gesture.
DEFCON
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Kratna X2
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kratna X2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:20 pm

Disconnected from world server

the words flashed in front of his eye's as everything froze. "eh?" he hit a few keys and attempted to re-log in

The Halatia World Server is temporarily unavailable please try again later "huh?"

His cell phone rang and he removed the VR helmet before answering "Hello?"

"hey Evan its Dean"

"Sup?"

"you just get D.C.ed?"

"yeah. you to huh?" Evan set the helmet on his desk and began shutting his computer down.

"yeah and i was just about to level up from walking to Kayora's temple"

"dude you walked? you should have gotten a mount it would have been faster"

"yeah yeah but it was good EXP"

"Whatever man" Evan laughed at his friend "I'm going out"

"Peace" the phone clicked off and he set it down and turned to the helmet to unplug it Pressing the ends of the cable together pressing and twisting till it popped out and set it on its charger before heading off to do his own thing

Site 419

Overhead a GI helicopter buzzed overhead on its way to the complex

"we'll be landing in a few moments Ma'am" the pilot called back to its passengers as he adjusted his heading to line up with the complexes roof top landing pad

On the ground below there where at least 4 ambulances that she could see a half dozen police cars as well as the 3 GI SUV's with the additional security personnel on site

Lindsy Allendale stepped out of the chopper as it landed not waiting for it to shut down. walking out the greet the facility's director along with the detective in charge .the pair had apparently been having a heated argument before she arrived

"Dr. Kashman, Detective" she didn't bother introducing herself her face and name being well known enough for introductions to be a waist of time "what seems to be the problem here."

"its Detective Peterson,"the detective began "Dr. Kashman refuses to allow any of my men into the actual crime scene. how can we be expected to do any kind of proper investigation if we aren't allowed to see the actual scene instead of going on what your people tell us."

Lindsy would have liked to keep the police out of this but a private citizen had phoned in the noise of automatic gunfire that was the result of the teams escape along with the van going off the bridge. Dr. Kashman just gave her a knowing look they both knew what was at stake and what would happen if the truth got out

"Let me speak with Dr. Kashman in private for a moment" she told the detective "I'll see if can work something out" the pair then walked a ways away until they where out of ear shot "how the hell did this happen!" she asked in a harsh whisper

"the only explanation i have is that we got a rat" She started "there's no other explanation. its almost imposable to link anything else to the neural link project and even if you could there's no way to prove it existed. the only possible connection is the game but that's solely because they share the same world"

"OK fine so we have a rat... now we just have to stop the police from getting to close... is there anyway we can fake the purpose of that room?"

"with the medical nature of that table and the other equipment not likely we might be able to pass it off as the theft of some medical equipment but any annalist worth his salt would see right through that"

"so keeping them out is the only option. fine they still have to respect the restricted nature of the area." Lindsy began walking back towards the waiting detective

"Miss. Allendale." Dr Kashman began again "what of Kayora's cover as an employee?"

"what of it?"

"even with doctoring the photo put out to hide the plugs its going to be plainly clear that shes not just an employee if anyone does find her"

"i know" was the only answer she could come up with. she was just banking on the lack of a name to provide them with some sort of cover if that happened. there where only 3 people who knew her real name and they had removed all her records for every system they could think of fingerprints dental DNA everything was gone. the only way to find out who she was is the one in 10billion chance someone recognized her.

river bank

Kayora remained unconscious as the three men approached her steady if shallow breathing the only sign of life. She was physically and mentally drained from her experience it would likely be hours before she woke up on her own unless something woke her up.
Last edited by Kratna X2 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kagetora
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Hawado groaned as his phone started ringing. He shouldn't have gone drinking last night. He usually didn't go as far as last night, but it had been the anniversary of his wife's death. Anything to remove the thoughts of that night would be extremely welcome. Liquor did the job quite well, but now he was paying for it.
The ringing was so loud, Hawado reached out his arm and tried to find the speaker button. Eventually he found the big central button on the phone, and pressed it.
"Mmm. 'Ello?" he grumbled.
"Mr. Nakamura. Gothart Industries has need of your services."
That got Hawado to sit bolt upright. What would GI want with one of it's employees? Overtime probably. But that didn't make sense, Hawado worked as a Retrievement worker. That meant a test subject must have gotten loose.
"I'll be there in 30 minutes."
"Make it 20." said the voice on the other end of the line, before hanging up.
Dammit... thought Hawado, hanging up the phone and going to open up the blinds that covered the window.
Immediately the room was flooded with light, and Hawado had to cover his eyes with his arm before staggering around and dressing. His uniform was at the GI building.
Grabbing himself part of a leftover pizza and an energy drink, Hawado had to try a couple of times to stick his keys in the ignition. Then he roared off to the compound.
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.
Caladan Imperium||Montgomery Broadcasting [EII]

Kratna X2
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kratna X2 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:40 am

Site 419

Lindsy stood in the room where Kayora had been held the power had been shut down witch in turn was what caused the server to go down. she picked up the Primary jack up off the floor her long fingers not quite being able to wrap around it. she examined the large spike the shuddered tossing it on the table

"Dr Kashman has the Unit been recovered?"

"yes Miss. Allendale" she replied "its beacon activated the moment the connection was severed as programed we have a recovery team en route as we speak"

"excellent. its bad enough we lost Kayora if we lost the unit as well it would be disastrous for the entire company" if anyone ever got proof that they where doing this kind of research and weapons development there would be hell to pay

Lindsy's cellphone rang interrupting her musing "Allendale" she said as an answer

Miss Allendale, Mr. Nakamura has arrived

"I'm on my way" she hung up and walked out of the room Dr. Kashman following close behind "keep the police out of that wing no matter what you have to tell them. if you have to cite clause 13b of the corporate independence act."

most anti corporate people viewed that act as something that put them above the law but in actuality it was there to protect corporate interests in an ever more competitive world the clause in question gave them the right to conduct there own internal investigations outside of the regular police system as long as information relating to pubic security was freely shared

Kagetora wrote:Hawado groaned as his phone started ringing. He shouldn't have gone drinking last night. He usually didn't go as far as last night, but it had been the anniversary of his wife's death. Anything to remove the thoughts of that night would be extremely welcome. Liquor did the job quite well, but now he was paying for it.
The ringing was so loud, Hawado reached out his arm and tried to find the speaker button. Eventually he found the big central button on the phone, and pressed it.
"Mmm. 'Ello?" he grumbled.
"Mr. Nakamura. Gothart Industries has need of your services."
That got Hawado to sit bolt upright. What would GI want with one of it's employees? Overtime probably. But that didn't make sense, Hawado worked as a Retrievement worker. That meant a test subject must have gotten loose.
"I'll be there in 30 minutes."
"Make it 20." said the voice on the other end of the line, before hanging up.
Dammit... thought Hawado, hanging up the phone and going to open up the blinds that covered the window.
Immediately the room was flooded with light, and Hawado had to cover his eyes with his arm before staggering around and dressing. His uniform was at the GI building.
Grabbing himself part of a leftover pizza and an energy drink, Hawado had to try a couple of times to stick his keys in the ignition. Then he roared off to the compound.

"Mr. Nakamura." Lindsy greeted the man again not bothering with offering her own name "I'm glad you could make it on such short notice." her nose wrinkled as she caught the smell of alcohol on his breath. "if your up for it we have an assignment for you."

Kelewann
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelewann » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:47 pm

As mike Approched her, he could see that she was unconsoice. Hy looked at bob, and fred and waved at them to come over. As they all ran over, Mike started to take off all the logs, ext (not her cloths though lol).
Mike told Bob "We have to take her to your house, its the closest place near us. We have to make shure NO ONE sees us."
They decided the best thing to do was to put a vest on her, and the hat Bob was wearing.
Mike said "Bob, I want you to go up ahead and make shure no one is around. If you see someone start sining a song.If you start singing we will bring her back to my place."
So, tey started off towrd Bobs house, while bob whent a head to make shure no one was their, and Fred stayed a little behind to make shure no one was following them.
DEFCON
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:32 pm

"Mr. Nakamura." Lindsy greeted the man again not bothering with offering her own name "I'm glad you could make it on such short notice." her nose wrinkled as she caught the smell of alcohol on his breath. "if your up for it we have an assignment for you."

Hawado knew better than to ask questions. Last time he tried that with a Gothart, the man who had sent him off to work simply stood there and smiled until Hawado finally accepted the task. Why would this time be different?
With an internal sigh, he asked
"I would hope so. I got out of bed for this. What do you want me to go get?"
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.

War Council X
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby War Council X » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Big T drove his Red half-broken down Toyota toward the site where the girl was last seen. As he drove, he mumbled, "First thing I'll buy with the reward is a new car." At last he came to the site, and saw at least half a dozen cars. He backed his car toward the river because he didn't want to get on someone's bad case today just when he started a "job". He got out of his car and started to watch the people who were there, he turned his face to look at the river's current. Maybe she fell into the river, he thought. Then he saw them. There were 4 people, all male, and one of them looked unconscious and soaked. And another drunk fest prevails, he rolled his eyes. Better start searching.
War Council X - Diversity
in
our Hands.

Kratna X2
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kratna X2 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:29 pm

Kagetora wrote:

Hawado knew better than to ask questions. Last time he tried that with a Gothart, the man who had sent him off to work simply stood there and smiled until Hawado finally accepted the task. Why would this time be different?
With an internal sigh, he asked
"I would hope so. I got out of bed for this. What do you want me to go get?"

"its not what but who." Lindsy Alendale passed him a copy of the edited photo of Kayora "she was kidnapped during the attack on the complex, she was one on Dr. Kashman's research assistants so she had access to sensitive materials. we need you to find her and bring her back."

Lindsy passed a business card but it wasn't her's "you'll be coordinating your efforts with Agent Becket of GI securities ops division who intern reports to me. Becket will give you any additional information you need, also we will be paying you twice your standard rate plus a bonus if you find her quickly as i said... she had access to sensitive research materials. any questions?"

OOC: btw i'm not ignoring the rest of you i just have nothing to add at the moment
Last edited by Kratna X2 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:29 am

"Just one. Do I have permission to use any and all force deemed necessary, including the murder of civilians?"

Kratna X2
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kratna X2 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Kagetora wrote:"Just one. Do I have permission to use any and all force deemed necessary, including the murder of civilians?"

"only if no other course of action presents its self." she told him. if she had it her way she would eliminate everyone who came in contact with Kayora but wishing it ans authorizing it where two completely different things. they would try doing this quietly first before turning the streets into a war zone

Lindsy cursed as the first of the media showed up "contact Becket he'll give yo more details." and then without a word of goodbye she turned to deal with his new development in an attempt to avoid it turning into a media circus.

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:19 pm

Kratna X2 wrote:"only if no other course of action presents its self." she told him. if she had it her way she would eliminate everyone who came in contact with Kayora but wishing it ans authorizing it where two completely different things. they would try doing this quietly first before turning the streets into a war zone

Lindsy cursed as the first of the media showed up "contact Becket he'll give yo more details." and then without a word of goodbye she turned to deal with his new development in an attempt to avoid it turning into a media circus.

Hawado sighed. Dealing with the higher ups in the corporate world was somewhat like dealing with intelligence agencies. They knew way more than they told you, and you were likely to dissappear if you pressed on the issue to hard. But her instructions about murder were only good to the higher minded, among which Hawado counted himself. A simple person wouldn't look at other options, or be willing to wait like a good retriever.
Walking away from the media, Hawado headed to the building that essentially served as the barracks for Gothart, as well as protecting several of the projects they ran that were beyond top secret. Pressing his thumb up against a gel scanner, and a retinal scanner, the automatic steel doors opened for him, and he was presented by a new challenge. Voice recognition and a scale.
"My name is Hawado Nakamura." he said, making sure the microphone was on to pick up his voice, and then stepping on the scale. Security to the point of insanity Hawado always thought.
As the second set of doors opened, a man stood waiting for him.
"Good to see you Mr. Nakamura. I trust you are well?"
"Of course commander."

Kratna X2
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kratna X2 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:20 am

Hawado sighed. Dealing with the higher ups in the corporate world was somewhat like dealing with intelligence agencies. They knew way more than they told you, and you were likely to dissappear if you pressed on the issue to hard. But her instructions about murder were only good to the higher minded, among which Hawado counted himself. A simple person wouldn't look at other options, or be willing to wait like a good retriever.
Walking away from the media, Hawado headed to the building that essentially served as the barracks for Gothart, as well as protecting several of the projects they ran that were beyond top secret. Pressing his thumb up against a gel scanner, and a retinal scanner, the automatic steel doors opened for him, and he was presented by a new challenge. Voice recognition and a scale.
"My name is Hawado Nakamura." he said, making sure the microphone was on to pick up his voice, and then stepping on the scale. Security to the point of insanity Hawado always thought.
As the second set of doors opened, a man stood waiting for him.
"Good to see you Mr. Nakamura. I trust you are well?"
"Of course commander."[/quote]

"please follow me." the barracks commander gestured for him to follow him "is case you hadn't heard just over an hour ago this complex was attacked by unknown forces. the fact that a six man team was able to infiltrate a high security complex kidnap a research assistant and leave without much difficulty has everyone rattled even though the van was stopped by sniper fire. when it was searched she was gone." they passed a room where people where going over every frame of footage from the security cameras trying to piece together what had happened as well as going over personnel files and studying the bug that had attacked the computer system down in the monitor room.

"we are working closely with Ops on this one i don't think i need to stress the fact that GI research need's to remain GI research so we need to find Dr.Kashman's assistant and plug the leak as soon as possible." he finally turned and entered his office mildly suprised to find someone sitting at his desk "can i help you?"

"i should hope so. I'm Agent Becket." he didn't look the way anyone would expect a director of a department to dress he looked more like a member of a riot squad minus all the extra body armor.

"James Hale, Site 419 security commander" the air exchanged a greeting's before becket turned to face Nakamura

"and you are?" he question was introductory and polite but maintained all the crispness of someone simply exchanging a greeting before moving on to more pressing matters

Kelewann wrote:As mike Approched her, he could see that she was unconsoice. Hy looked at bob, and fred and waved at them to come over. As they all ran over, Mike started to take off all the logs, ext (not her cloths though lol).
Mike told Bob "We have to take her to your house, its the closest place near us. We have to make shure NO ONE sees us."
They decided the best thing to do was to put a vest on her, and the hat Bob was wearing.
Mike said "Bob, I want you to go up ahead and make shure no one is around. If you see someone start sining a song.If you start singing we will bring her back to my place."
So, tey started off towrd Bobs house, while bob whent a head to make shure no one was their, and Fred stayed a little behind to make shure no one was following them.

All the jostling from being carried by a running man had slowly shaken Kayora out of her unconscious stupor and as she became aware of her surroundings... she freaked out struggling against the mans hold she started screaming "put me down!" she screamed "Let me go!" she screamed again "Calno! save me!" she struggled some more finally falling to the ground screaming in pain this time as she hit her broken arm

Pain was something new to her sure she'd fallen and hit things had things hit her but she never felt pain from it.

it was all part of the programing pain would have stopped a normal human from carrying out there mission but a robot didn't feel pain so as far as the programmers where concerned it wasn't relevant so it stopped her brain from registering it

the real world was somewhat different though

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Hawado came to a saluting position. Arrogant as ever, the gesture was as much honorary as mocking.
"Mr. Nakamura reporting as ordered sir! I was told to come see you sir for a mission briefing."

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

I can change teh subject line, this is mah intro BTW

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:50 pm

(OOC: read mah topic line ^ lol, but sry for the loopholes)
IC
Lt Bradley didn't like this mission, he didn't like it one bit...
In a nutshell, they were either going to use a girl as a premise for a hostile takeover, or simply kill her, all because some competing PMC didn't keep good enough network security to prevent their boffins from finding out about some 'hush-level' weapons program.

It was only after they were deployed that they learned that the 'weapon' was some atrophied little girl that was being used as some poor-man's supercomputer.

Getting in with a full weapons loadout was tricky enough, watching as the competition successfully managed to botch the exfiltration and drown themselves in the river, that was easy...

But now some civillian was getting mixed-up in this, SOP called for 'no witnesses', lest the local media warp the story...

Plus, now they lost track of the primary objective...

He ordered Team A to act as a lookout as Team B went about tracking downriver, hoping the decision to select a medic for this mission was the right move...

Bradley then decided to contact some F-7 Buccaneers, getting the girl out of the country would require some serious air support... Just because their experimental uber-defense system (the girl) was no longer operational, didn't mean that the current line-defenses had been nuetralized. And chances were they wouldn't be able to slip through customs with this girl, with her picture now on wanted posters throughout the country.

Already he noted a number of 'agent smiths' inspecting the crash site of the van and calling up superiors. It was hilarious...
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents