NATION

PASSWORD

Buried in the Forest [RP - IC - Lost Worlds - Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Arcerion
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Buried in the Forest [RP - IC - Lost Worlds - Closed]

Postby Arcerion » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Buried in the Forest

They slowly stalked through the woods, dark cloaks draped over their revealing golden armour as the patrol crept through the woods. They slid through Swordgrove's majestic woods, bows notches and hands on hilts of swords. They were patrolling in force, a full company slinking through what they strongly felt as their territory. In front of them, Earl Noaes Morrowcircle crept, his long legs resting gently on fallen leaves and resting pine needles, searching for what until this point had been a relatively uneventful place. Forty Forgotten sleuthed towards the forest's edge, seeing a small village lying just beyond the tree line, an ordinary settlement, unknown to most outside of this region, as it was just another small element of humanity lost within the wilds of Swordgrove. Morrowcircle raised his hand, and several of the veterans approached their commander, kneeling next to him. "Soaen Lightmade will take half our force and advance on the road in strength, draw the garrison out. Goen Goldensong will come with me and take back what is rightfully ours." spoke Noaes, voice barely above a whisper. The helmeted soldiers, nodded, and leapt into a sprint, whistling and using birdcalls to rally their men.

Soon Lightmade had his force advancing down the road, cloaks cast aside, armour shining brightly in the midday sun, causing a commotion within the small town.Twenty of the Hearteater company marched in battle order, shields raised and swords drawn. From within the town, a ragged group fo defenders spilled out, an unknown threat and unseen force disturbing their peaceful town. The Forgotten could have easily torn apart a force many times their size, and the evenly matched group of aging defenders would have stood small chance against what had been a relatively laughable myth. Lightmade made his calls, and the Forgotten closed their shields together, advancing slowly backwards, drawing the garrison out further from the town, leaving it undefended.

Morrowcircle watched Goen Goldensong and three of the Forgotten sprint towards the town, armour discarded aside from their greaves and wrist guards. They quickly made it inside the barracks, a well delivered kick to an old, rotting door tearing it off its hinges. They disappeared inside, and returned moments later with one of the Forgotten, chained and shackled but alive nonetheless. The bastard son of the ruling Lord, the young man named Soen Lorecircle who was an initiate int the Forgotten had been found, but only at the cost of exposing the Forgotten.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I went to a fight once but then a hockey game broke out.

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:36 am

The Next Morning...

The wood of the broken down door cracked and splintered as the armored foot of Sur Redd Linwood trampled upon it as he entered the small village's barracks the morning after the attack on the garrison.

"You say they wore golden armor?" He said as he knelt down in his plated armor to inspect the body of one of the guards who was nearly cut in half by an attackers sword.

"Yes Mi'lord." One of the surviving guards quivered. "The bandits came bursting through the door as they attacked us from all sides. They came for the prisoner."

"Some bandits to have gilded armor and smithed swords." The young son of the Lord of the Swordgrove said as he stood up to walk towards the cell where the prisoner was held.

"What were they then mi'lord." The guard timidly followed.

"I would imagine angels, or golems, or even elves." Sur Redd pushed his way past the guard into the cell where they empty chains sat on the floor.

"I saw what I saw Mi'lord." The guard protested the lordling's doubt.

"I trust you're eye as much as you're ability to defend my father's land." Sur Redd shot a glance at the fat guard in his mail wearing the crest of the Linwood house on his tunic, the black tree on a white field with ravens overhead. The guard sunk his head at the slight and stood silently behind the knight until he was spoken to next. "Who was the prisoner?" Sur Redd asked of the guard.

"A man named Soen Lorecircle, of one and twenty, he was caught stealing from the Fletcher seven nights past. He had been here since then. We had questioned him about who he was and he only gave his name and mumbled a few things about forgetting or something of the sort."

"I know much about forgetting, mostly you're forgetting to bath." With that the lordling strutted out of the barracks into the open sun. Near the door his horse draped with the colors of his house awaited him along with several light cavalrymen. "I shall report to my Lord father what has happened here, thank you for assistance." Sur Redd addressed the remaining guardsman while looking up towards the sky, thumbing his nose at them so to speak. As he finished he whipped the reigns and his horse was off down the road back to the family seat of Knightglen.

Arcerion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:24 am

Swordgrove

Kois Everhope stood in the center ring of the training ground, across from a young Forgotten, who had been caught making degrading remarks about Everhope without his knowledge. Challenged to a duel, Kois accepted, and was prepared to show the young fool how to truly fight. The middle-aged Galdeonese commander took off his helmet and ran his hand through his light brown hair, and his steely blue eyes watched the young man draw his blade and salute the crowd, all of whom stood silently. Kois drew his blade in response, drawing a ragged cheer from the crowd. As the two fighters closed, they heard shouts, and Everhope looked up, his eyebrows arched in surprise as the Hearteaters returned so soon from their patrol. "Lord Everhope!" one Forgotten yelled, and rushed towards the commotion, Forgotten abandoning the fields and grabbing sword belts and shields, forming ragtag bands of fighters that approached the main road to see the patrolmen undressing, sending a wave of relief through their ranks that it was nought but a false alarm.

Kois, temper flaring, stormed towards the company, and began yelling. "Morrowcircle! Where are you!" Kois yelled, steely blue eyes searching the ranks until a lone Forgotten removed his helm, and began to approach Kois. "What is the meaning of this! You weren't due back for two days!" the eyes had fire in them, Kois's famous temper boiling as his orders were defied. He spun on his heel, searching for another commander, and thinking of the day's duty roster, remembering that it was Chainbreaker's off rotation. "Toern! Toern Fatherhammer!" a Forgotten cam forward, stripped to the waist, lean body sinewy with muscle in the way that all Forgotten had been toned too. "Yes m'Lord?" Kois managed a smile, if there was any commander that he could trust, it was Toern, a man loyal to a flaw nearly. "Take the Chainbreakers and finish the patrol route immediately, your men can have double off rotation when they return." Kois barked, his authoritative voice sending shivers down Morrowcircle's spine. Fatherhammer nodded, and began barking orders at his veterans, the men running to grab gear and rations, several other soldiers helping them armour themselves, to speed their leave. Kois returned to his standoff with Morrowcircle, and berated him in front of his own men. "You dare expose us like this? How could you, Noaes!" Kois demanded, backhanding the commander. "All we have worked for, you jeopardize it for an outsider? A man caught stealing! No, this will not stand. Noaes, I am suspending your command. Soaen Lightmade! You have command of the Hearteaters until i can discuss with your former commander the finer points of secrecy!" Kois spat, then spun on his heel and returned to the training ground, rage emanating from him as the men cleared a path for him, following their leader towards their only means of entertainment that day.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I went to a fight once but then a hockey game broke out.

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Knightglen...

The line of riders road down the dirt trail leading through the small village on the edge of the grove. Hovels, small wooden structures and the occasional Inn passed by on either side as they made for the castle at the end of the road. The stone structure was more of a large holdfast being only one large block of a tower but it had many levels and a strong sturdy gate that has held in a few sieges in the distant past. To Sur Redd however it has been his families home and seat of power for generations of Linwood's who have ruled the Swordgrove. As they passed under the open portcullis the column dismounted and handed their horses off to the stable boys who would feed them and brush their hair. Sur Redd however; has business with his father Lord Linwood.

The echos of metal boots ascending the stone stairs to the main hall could be heard throughout and when Sur Redd finally reached his fathers hall he was just short of short of breath carrying his heavy armor and sword with him on his body the whole way. But he put on a face of strength as he approached his father's seat where Lord Linwood sat with his daughter Divina- a girl of three- on his lap telling her stories of the ancestor Linwoods who had held Knightglen. Sur Redd came within a few feet of the seat and knelt to one knee, a great feat after climbing the many stairs in armor.

"My Lord, I have returned from the attacked village as you have bid me." Sur Redd announced to the hall. A few other court members and servants were present as well.

"Rise Sur Redd, what do you have to report?" The Lord tickled his daughters cheek and smiled before looking down at his son.

"The surviving garrison reports being attacked by bandits however I have unsure as to the full truth of their report, whether it may be their ignorance or dishonestly."

"What evidence have you."

"The attack on the garrison was very coordinated and well executed. Some of the surviving villagers who witnessed the attack say they wore golden armor and had the finest swords. Also the 'bandits' did not steal or sack anything, only broke into the guardhouse and took a prisoner that was being held there."

Lord Linwood winched his eye for a moment. "What do we know of this prisoner?"

"My Lord, all the guards could tell me was that the prisoner was being held for stealing from a fletcher and that his name was Soen Lorecircle."

Lord Tinwood further winced and did not say anything at the mention of the name. He only scowled and seemed deep in thought.

"My Lord, does this mean anything to you?" Sur Redd seemed confused at his father's silence.

"No, it does not." The Lord answered as he looked back down at his daughter for a moment. "However, these bandits per say must be taken care of. Take as many men as you need, double that and root them out of the Swordgrove." Lord Linwood said to Sur Redd as he rose from his seat with his daughter in his arms.

"Double it My Lord?"

"Yes did I stutter!" The Lord's sudden change of tone made even the lowest servant twitch.

"It will be done My Lord."

"Good." Lord Linwood exited the hall without another word, leaving Sur Redd to ponder his fathers strange mood.

Once his father had left Sur Redd walked back towards the stone stairs to talk to the captain of the garrison to see what men he could spare. As he reached the opening of the stairs he was met by his uncle Sur Raeburn who too was in his armor.

"Good luck nephew, it seems you serve you're father well." He said with a sly smile.

"Thank you uncle, I hope that is the truth of it." And with that Sur Redd descended the stairs.

Arcerion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Swordgrove

Forgotten soldiers clattered past their commanders, who squatted in the dirt, around Kois Everhope. The Forgotten's flag had been raised on a sturdy oak shaft, the banner snapping in the wind as archers tested triple-bound bows. Famed weapons that could lift a man off his feet in the hands of a trained archer. "Morrowcircle. You are reinstated, and I apologize for letting my temper overreact, you made the right decision." Kois said apologetically.
"Accepted my liege, I should have presented the issue to you first." the commander responded. Kois began outlining their defense, a strong defensive line, with Earl Kaelen Goldenglide and his Duskrunners staying to defend the camp. Kois stood up, and shook each of his commander's hands before motioning for his aide. Viar Sunfight sprinted after Kois, who was running towards the Lightcloaks, the hardened veterans tested by time and blood, by fire and hardship.

The Lightcloaks tapped their swords on shields lightly, three times in rolling waves, signalling respect and admiration at Everhope's arrival. He nodded, and stood arms outstretched as additional pieces of armour were attached, and his swordbelt was buckled, as well as his shield buckled onto the left forearm. He viewed the parchment paper detailing what Toern Fatherhammer had seen, a force of Imperials marching in the vicinity of their home, The Trinity. Kois shuddered, he had hoped this day would never come. He had secretly ordered Kaelen Goldenglide to repare their ships for a speedy retreat, and had ordered him to load them with all the rations and spare equipment they had remaining, knowing that this could very well be the last fight of the Forgotten.

Hours had passed, and Kois decided to take action quickly. he stood up, armour shining and yelled in his loudest voice that boomed across the forest, each soldier hearing it as clear as if he stood next to the famed leader. "Form ranks! Retreat to the ships!"

Hundreds of Forgotten took their shields up, and hustled back to their waiting vessels, the smooth wood and sturdy ballista welcoming the soldiers that had not set foot on them in months. "Mount up!" veterans barked, as younger men were vaulted over the railing who in turn reached down to help others up. All the while the Duskrunners stood with bows notched, until at last everyone had been loaded, and the gear was stowed, and new archers watched as Kaelen Goldenglide and his men shoved toe boats into the water, strong hulls finding the deep center of the river. Rope ladders soon were crammed with the stragglers, and wind abruptly filled the sails, and once again, the Forgotten were refugees.
Last edited by Arcerion on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to International Incidents