NATION

PASSWORD

A Lost Age [PT/FanT World] (Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Andonam
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Andonam » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Achesia wrote:
Andonam wrote:Tagging*

I would like to see the remaining two maps before I establish my claim. This early on, I feel a character would be somewhat uncalled for, so I would like to establish a realm, preferably something of a more Greecian or Arabic influence.

Well I can give you a hint as to what the other regions will be. The eastern will be mainly desert with one larger continent. And the north will be a winter wonderland of ice and snow. To the west will most likly be another temperate archipelago.

I look forward to seeing them.

I could do my application without the claims, if you'd like
THIS IS PERSIA!

I do not personally share the veiws expressed by my nation. In reality, I am a Masculinsit, not a Chauvist. Andonam is created to act as a satire of modern feminist "theory". If you slap me, I maintain the right to slap you back;deal with it.

Masulinist, Atheist, Pro-Government.

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Andonam wrote:
Achesia wrote:
Well I can give you a hint as to what the other regions will be. The eastern will be mainly desert with one larger continent. And the north will be a winter wonderland of ice and snow. To the west will most likly be another temperate archipelago.

Its up to you, which map are you waiting on.

Andonam
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Andonam » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Achesia wrote:
Andonam wrote:

The East.

If I'm doing something Greeco-Arab, I would rather avoid anything cold. Togas and robes for everyone! So, a plains/prairie/desert is probably the soundest bet.
THIS IS PERSIA!

I do not personally share the veiws expressed by my nation. In reality, I am a Masculinsit, not a Chauvist. Andonam is created to act as a satire of modern feminist "theory". If you slap me, I maintain the right to slap you back;deal with it.

Marzarbul
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marzarbul » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:49 pm

All of my settlements and villages will be underground. The fortresses and outposts are a mixture with a small above ground component with a much larger and complex underground substructure. So fortresses can be seen above ground while the only thing that can be seen of major cities and villages would be hidden or highly guarded subterranean entrances. Also I think that there should be some sort of post showing how much of a population would be acceptable to join with seeing as I applied with 35 million yet others applied with far fewer numbers. I think that the most populace race should be that of the humans and those like say the dwarves and possibly elves would naturally be fewer. But that is just a topic for discussion.

Lost Age
Attaché

Founded: Sep 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Andonam wrote:
Achesia wrote:

The East.

If I'm doing something Greeco-Arab, I would rather avoid anything cold. Togas and robes for everyone! So, a plains/prairie/desert is probably the soundest bet.

Alrighty Ill make that map next.

Lost Age
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Marzarbul wrote:All of my settlements and villages will be underground. The fortresses and outposts are a mixture with a small above ground component with a much larger and complex underground substructure. So fortresses can be seen above ground while the only thing that can be seen of major cities and villages would be hidden or highly guarded subterranean entrances. Also I think that there should be some sort of post showing how much of a population would be acceptable to join with seeing as I applied with 35 million yet others applied with far fewer numbers. I think that the most populace race should be that of the humans and those like say the dwarves and possibly elves would naturally be fewer. But that is just a topic for discussion.

Roger Ill reflect that with the symbols. But as far as population I really leave it up to you all as long as its reasonable and fair. My nation is large but its made of allot of different sub nations.

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Lost Age wrote:Welcome back Tuthina!

-Just a note that tan mass to the south of me isnt a desert its supposed to be plains, the desert is going to be in a region to the east of this region. Do you still want that plot?

In such case, I will wait until the desert is on the map then. I would also like to reserve a piece of land that matched my description, preferably between Numer and Andonam.

Also, please use #FFCC33 for my colour. I am getting it this time.
Last edited by Tuthina on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Lost Age
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Tuthina wrote:
Lost Age wrote:Welcome back Tuthina!

-Just a note that tan mass to the south of me isnt a desert its supposed to be plains, the desert is going to be in a region to the east of this region. Do you still want that plot?

In such case, I will wait until the desert is on the map then. I would also like to reserve a piece of land that matched my description, preferably between Numer and Andonam.

I'll whip that one up quick.

Lost Age
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:17 pm

~The Map Has Been Updated~

Marzarbul
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marzarbul » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Lost Age wrote:
~The Map Has Been Updated~

Yay for Map! And Good Luck Guys trying to find my castles, cities and outposts as they meld with the mountains.lol
Last edited by Marzarbul on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Age
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:20 pm

134 Views already and we have only been up for a few hours. *High Five Everyone*

Tavok
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tavok » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Hey guys! I'm still here; just waiting for the top map to show up before I claim. I assume that'll be the colder one (Northern-Hemisphere-bias for the win!) with coniferous trees and the like. Hopefully I'll find myself a nice little mountainous island towards the bottom of that map (can't be too removed from global politics and trade, tucked up in some little corner). Though if a nice enough place shows in the desert map I might shift gears to a more Arabic culture perhaps... I'll try to keep up with this so I don't miss my op to jump in and grab something once the map shows. Nice job!
Last edited by Tavok on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Numer
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Hey Achesia really sorry to bother you with this one little detail but I forgot a city- it's at the end of that small branch of the river away from the coast, to the north. That was stupid of me :palm: .
My FanT Factbook

"Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Lost Age
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Tavok wrote:Hey guys! I'm still here; just waiting for the top map to show up before I claim. I assume that'll be the colder one (Northern-Hemisphere-bias for the win!) with coniferous trees and the like. Hopefully I'll find myself a nice little mountainous island towards the bottom of that map (can't be too removed from global politics and trade, tucked up in some little corner). Though if a nice enough place shows in the desert map I might shift gears to a more Arabic culture perhaps... I'll try to keep up with this so I don't miss my op to jump in and grab something once the map shows. Nice job!

I'm working on the desert map now but the winter one is next on my list.

Lost Age
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Numer wrote:Hey Achesia really sorry to bother you with this one little detail but I forgot a city- it's at the end of that small branch of the river away from the coast, to the north. That was stupid of me :palm: .

Done

The Elven Imperium
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Elven Imperium » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:29 am

hi i may want to post here soon
Empire of the Tel'Quessir (the people)
"The Elven Imperium"
Sha Coronal Celanor Ap Vyshaan the First

Lost Age
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:08 am

The Elven Imperium wrote:hi i may want to post here soon

You are definitely welcome.

Lost Age
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:47 am

~The new Coralia Map has been posted!~

Andonam
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Andonam » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:27 am

Have to post this incomplete; thought I'd have more time then I do. It shall be finished later

Name of Realm: The Sharzarid Suzerainty
Description of Realm (Paragraph): The Suzerainty is the decendent of a pair of anarchic civilizations who occupied this area since times of old. The first, the Heliounic city-states, occupied the area around the bay, the individual nations fighting for influence in the isles and coastal water beyond. While extremely advanced for their time, their rate of discoveries slowed to a crawl during their twilight years, as a great naval war ripped them apart, leading way for a rising confederation of desert tribes, all united by the recent rise of a new form of spiritualism; The Code which preached the unity of all Andaros, so they might better please their forefathers and gain influence in the world. The Heliounic states, though somewhat disgruntled, started selling out their positions to this confederation, each seeking to gain the advantage over their rivals and eventually throwing off the shackles of desert men. However, the two sides eventually intermingled enough to discover that they were not so different after all and, after awhile, the Code was absorbed into the list of gods the Helious worshiped, their two cultures uniting into something very different; one with the spirit of adventure and keen minds of the Helious, but the unity and adaptivness of the desert tribes; the Sha.

The Suzerainty now resembles neither of its forefathers... but rather a mix of both. They build along the fertile tidal basin of the bay, fishing the naturally rich waters and expanding farther and farther out to the sea, while growing both irrigated and magically cultivated food crops as well as luxury goods. Indeed, the crafts of the the Suzerainty are considered some of the finest the world has to offer, and it is not uncommon for rich families and nobility in other nations to host Si silks, wines, and other exotic goods in abundance, believing the quality to be well worth it. They are a willie, adaptive people, always ready to make a deal rather then draw a blade, but when pressed have proven themselves confident in battle as well. Above all, however, this should be remembered; women are not respected by them. Any female of any species is immedaitly considered a slave, typically resigned to breeding or domestic duties, and with special training, can be sold at very dear prices as house slaves or servents.

Demonym: Sha (For Andaros), Si (For all others)
Racial Makeup: The primary race of the Suzeranate is the Andaros. Natives to the continent, the Andaros are roughly resemble abnormally tall, olive skinned humans, with the complimentary biological oddities of being able to reproduce with literally any species (the resulting offspring is always and Andaros), and the fact that their race's gender ratio is obscenely tilted towards males, roughly 40 men for every one woman. Minor races include desert elves, wolfen, Jin, normal humans, and the occasional sphinx. However, they take slaves of every species.
Languages: Hizzir (Words of Fire/Turkish)
Religion: The Pantheon
Head of State: Suzerain Peelie Leathieus, Patriarch of the Sha and Si.
Seat of Power: Coranith/ Mal Seliim (The former is it's ancient name, the later is its modern name)
Population: 12 million
RL Fluency in English: Native Tongue
Example of previous RP:
RL Age: 19
Where you wish to place your land plot:http://imageshack.us/f/513/thesharzaridsuzeranate.png/
This would include the two lower islands off the coast, but not the upper one. The star is the capital, circles are major cities, and squares are forts/trading posts.
Why you wish to join: Because I'm very interested in how this plays out, and I've always wanted to try a fantasy nation with a not-so European flavor.
Last edited by Andonam on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
THIS IS PERSIA!

The knights of kings
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:26 pm

The maps are amazing!
Last edited by The knights of kings on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:52 pm

The knights of kings wrote:The maps are amazing!

Thanks I'm hoping this all turns out

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Name of Realm: Drack-Va Madaar (The Horde of the Dark Fortress.)
Description of Realm (Paragraph): The Horde had been in the past a collection of tribes comprising several animalistic species with the clans warring constantly keeping their numbers low and their attentions focused on themselves instead of the wider world. The appearance of the mysterious Dark Fortress upon the mountain ridge. This inspiring sight coupled with the arrival of the Shadow Man united the warring clans into a potent force.
Demonym: Drackari
Race: Satyr, Minotaurs, Elephantaurs, Centaurs, Ogres, Giants, Cyclops.
Languages: Drack-bar (The Guttural Tongue)
Religion: Clansmen are superstitious and some worship personal dieties but there is no organized or dominant religion. Clan Shamans are the only ones amongst the Drackari who use magic and do so in the form of controlling packs of beasts or summoning savage creatures.
Head of State: "The Shadow Man", a mysterious figure able to rally the clans into a unfied force.
Seat of Power: The Dark Fortress, house of the Shadow Man.
Population: Two million.
RL Fluency in English: Good.
Example of previous RP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=198895#unread
RL Age: 16
Where you wish to place your land plot: Casibica, the island north of the Empire of Man.
Why you wish to join: This looks like a good place to RP and I want to get back into Fantasy.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Andonam wrote:Have to post this incomplete; thought I'd have more time then I do. It shall be finished later

Name of Realm: The Sharzarid Suzerainty
Description of Realm (Paragraph): BW
Demonym: Sha (For Andaros), Si (For all others)
Racial Makeup: The primary race of the Suzeranate is the Andaros. Natives to the continent, the Andaros are roughly resemble abnormally tall, olive skinned humans, with the complimentary biological oddities of being able to reproduce with literally any species (the resulting offspring is always and Andaros), and the fact that their race's gender ratio is obscenely tilted towards males, roughly 40 men for every one woman. Minor races include desert elves, wolfen, Jin, normal humans, and the occasional sphinx. However, they take slaves of every species.
Languages: Hizzir (Words of Fire/Turkish)
Religion: The Pantheon
Head of State: Suzerain Peelie Leathieus, Patriarch of the Sha and Si.
Seat of Power: Coranith/ Mal Seliim (The former is it's ancient name, the later is its modern name)
Population: 11 million
RL Fluency in English: Native Tongue
Example of previous RP:
RL Age: 19
Where you wish to place your land plot: Map building in progress
Why you wish to join: Because I'm very interested in how this plays out, and I've always wanted to try a fantasy nation with a not-so European flavor.

Welcome Andonam! Go ahead and finish editing you're map and then post you're intro.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Caecuser wrote:Name of Realm: Drack-Va Madaar (The Horde of the Dark Fortress.)
Description of Realm (Paragraph): The Horde had been in the past a collection of tribes comprising several animalistic species with the clans warring constantly keeping their numbers low and their attentions focused on themselves instead of the wider world. The appearance of the mysterious Dark Fortress upon the mountain ridge. This inspiring sight coupled with the arrival of the Shadow Man united the warring clans into a potent force.
Demonym: Drackari
Race: Satyr, Minotaurs, Elephantaurs, Centaurs, Ogres, Giants, Cyclops.
Languages: Drack-bar (The Guttural Tongue)
Religion: Clansmen are superstitious and some worship personal dieties but there is no organized or dominant religion. Clan Shamans are the only ones amongst the Drackari who use magic and do so in the form of controlling packs of beasts or summoning savage creatures.
Head of State: "The Shadow Man", a mysterious figure able to rally the clans into a unfied force.
Seat of Power: The Dark Fortress, house of the Shadow Man.
Population: Two million.
RL Fluency in English: Good.
Example of previous RP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=198895#unread
RL Age: 16
Where you wish to place your land plot: Casibica, the island north of the Empire of Man.
Why you wish to join: This looks like a good place to RP and I want to get back into Fantasy.

Welcome Caecuser! Can you give me an idea where you want fortresses, villages, etc etc?

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Okay, the one fortress would be recessed into the mountains roughly in the center on the mountains. There would be about seven or eight towns/villages because these are the major locations for the clans. They can be dotted around the island wherever but not too close to the fortress. The reason for having so many in a concentrated location is simply because each clan had been warring for a while against each other primarily for dominance of the land. Have at least one on the smaller island next to it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents