NATION

PASSWORD

Hutanjian War and Armistice (OOC - CLOSED to new apps)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Isotopia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Isotopia » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:50 am

Alright I saw your issues and I just, hopefully sorted it out. If you have any more issues with it just tell me. As for Nourselle, I'm not sure why assumed I just pulled out of there just because I didn't respond to it, so it's a bit confusing situation.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49
Nazis in Space wrote:
The Icemark wrote:Can't believe how much I enjoyed that Women's beach volleyball. Exciting stuff
Especially their dresscode.

Estovakiva
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Estovakiva » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:04 am

The Air Above the West Cardwith's

The enemy's missile barrage left over ten aircraft either damaged or destroyed. This however did not spell defeat for the Isotopian air force. While some aircraft in the area, mostly MiG/SU variants or American made aircraft turned around to engage the Estovakivan aircraft, any aircraft that weren't either already engaged or on the ground being refueled rushed in, attempting to cover holes in the Isotopian airspace near Ajoux.

Due to the strategically vulnerable state of the main airstrip, air crews slowly packed their gear onto trucks and peeled off to several makeshift airstrips farther south that were still under construction.

Really? i must say i found Hutanija`s post way more ralistic, in casulties as well and other numerous things.

MiG/SU variants <- Hold on i heard you only deployed Mig-35s? and then you suddenly have unamed sukhoi`s and american aircraft?

New Isotopia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Isotopia » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:40 am

Estovakiva wrote:
The Air Above the West Cardwith's

The enemy's missile barrage left over ten aircraft either damaged or destroyed. This however did not spell defeat for the Isotopian air force. While some aircraft in the area, mostly MiG/SU variants or American made aircraft turned around to engage the Estovakivan aircraft, any aircraft that weren't either already engaged or on the ground being refueled rushed in, attempting to cover holes in the Isotopian airspace near Ajoux.

Due to the strategically vulnerable state of the main airstrip, air crews slowly packed their gear onto trucks and peeled off to several makeshift airstrips farther south that were still under construction.

Really? i must say i found Hutanija`s post way more ralistic, in casulties as well and other numerous things.

MiG/SU variants <- Hold on i heard you only deployed Mig-35s? and then you suddenly have unamed sukhoi`s and american aircraft?

I would put out a much more descriptive post on the air battle if I had the time/not as many posts to reply to. Once this starts to calm down and I only have two or three things to respond to I can do better, more descriptive posts more often.

It's Falsea that uses exclusivly MiG-35's. I use a mix of MiG's, SU's, and some American Aircraft, like FA-18's.
My Political Compass:
Nazis in Space wrote:
The Icemark wrote:Can't believe how much I enjoyed that Women's beach volleyball. Exciting stuff

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:25 pm

That may be my bad on the MIG-35 confusion, I tried to do the best I could on coverage for the rebels and who had what, in my Cardwiths posts. I may very well have confused Falsea and New Iso.

I have to run some errands and do some family stuff. If we need to go back and find the older post where New Isotopia described his air deployment and specific fighters, can someone do that? otherwise I'll look later this evening.

I will try to help clear up other IC matters as I can, but I will be in and out today.

I think we can all dial it down a bit, as New Isotopia is volunteering to edit. We can work this out. Like I said, I will help. If you want to blame anyone, blame me.

PS both the Neu Engollon and Hutanjia rugby teams had wins today in the Rugby League WC 11 first round. I'm pretty psyched. Go teams! Thank you.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Falkasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:12 pm

I'm sorry guys. I had a whole post written, then my flying fingers pressed the back button and I lost it all. I'll try to salvage it, but I'm fucking pissed right now...
Universal Defense Consolidated Storefront
Dramatis Personae
Just for the record; I'm colorblind to Yellow
Falkasia is ranked 1st in the region and 1st in the world for Most Awesome Nations.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:01 pm

New Edom wrote:Why is it that I'm being told I'm taking "heavy casualties" when 1. my tactics in the Hesttens seem to be ignored and 2. When I'm being given no chance to respond at all?

And the same for Nourselle--I send out a recon mission and then get ambushed anyway? What am I running--Imperial Stormtroopers? Why don't I just start sending out people doing that stupid tactic from Enemy at the Gates--one idiot with a rifle, another idiot with ammunition--and just get another 75,000 troops to burn away? Is there something incomprehensible about the tactics I'm using or something?

I think we will have this straightened out within the next day. Let's get back to reality. The invaders do have overwhelming numbers right now, even with defender's advantage, as far as ground and air goes. I think naval is more fairly equal, if not more to the defenders side with the losses that the Royalist side has taken. McNernia, we really need your ships to fill in some gaps where New Edom and Hutanjia have taken losses.

I am highly amused by the Enemy at the Gates comment. I love that movie.
The Russians really did that. A LOT. they never had enough rifles to go around to all the manpower they had in both world wars. I've read accounts on Stalingrad, that was really happening where they were feeding them in as cannon fodder and sharing rifles. Also, Tannenburg back in WWI, 1914, there was like 5 men per rifle. The rest went in with bayonets tied to sticks and broom handles. Could you imagine? I think the Hutanjians would like those tactics. Luckily they have enough AKs to go around.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:20 pm

What am I actually facing in the way of a naval opponent? Because now that Storm Giant isn't almost entirely leveling Fort Mason, it should tip the balance in my favour enormously for the naval battle.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:17 am

Falkasia wrote:I'm sorry guys. I had a whole post written, then my flying fingers pressed the back button and I lost it all. I'll try to salvage it, but I'm fucking pissed right now...

That sucks. I've done that. If I have to post more than 2 sentences these days, it's all in wordpad or notepad. Saved my butt more than a couple times. Good to see your posts.
I might have some questions, but I'd like to reread them in the morning and maybe find some clarity then.
My Factbook

Falkasia
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:04 am

No problem. I expect there will be some discrepancies... due to my relative lack of patience while writing them following my flubup.
Dramatis Personae
Falkasia is ranked 1st in the region and 1st in the world for Most Awesome Nations.

Estovakiva
Ambassador

Postby Estovakiva » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 am

Alright as to not confuse people here`s a list of what i used in my post, and just a note this is happening after each other not at the same time, allows for continuation and better realism.

Reaper flight.

4 - AS/R-6 ICARM (Improved Capability Anti-Radiation Missile) per aircraft.

Total fired - 48 at Anti-air postions/SAM`s (fixed)

Ghoul flight

4 – Kh-38 tactical air to ground missile. (250kg Warhead 1000kg Pylon)
2 - Kh-29D air to surface missile (1000kg pylon)

Fired from 12 aircrafts tracking indivudal targets and aquiring new ones after first target has been destroyed. (Over minutes)

48 Kh-38s (Various targets)
24 kh-29D (Infrastucture/hardened targets)

Oh and this is enjoyable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gGRp-SfcUc&list=FLBU0PncqYx_sI5sjubX9SkQ&index=606&feature=plpp_video helicopters :>
Last edited by Estovakiva on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:14 am

Expect some posts between tonight and tomorrow in response to everything from Uli, Cardwiths, UFF and Hutanjia.

Estovakiva: That is very helpful, thank you. We should probably list the aircraft and types from now on as well, as to what's currently over the air. Numbers and models are great, but I for one, am too stupid to know if some of these are rotor vs fighter jets sometimes, especially if they're NS and not RL.

The air war is the only thing that is too fluid to be mapped, like the ground units. Which eventually I will have to update maps with the current situations for those. I would like to maybe get a more accurate picture of all naval assets out in the water, too, so we don't have that confusion anymore, either.
My Factbook

Estovakiva
Ambassador

Postby Estovakiva » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:59 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Expect some posts between tonight and tomorrow in response to everything from Uli, Cardwiths, UFF and Hutanjia.

Estovakiva: That is very helpful, thank you. We should probably list the aircraft and types from now on as well, as to what's currently over the air. Numbers and models are great, but I for one, am too stupid to know if some of these are rotor vs fighter jets sometimes, especially if they're NS and not RL.

The air war is the only thing that is too fluid to be mapped, like the ground units. Which eventually I will have to update maps with the current situations for those. I would like to maybe get a more accurate picture of all naval assets out in the water, too, so we don't have that confusion anymore, either.

I may note i diden`t list what the helicopters and Ae-98Ks fired becouse its seen in the post in a less confusive manner, hope it isn`t the worst read.

Alright, i`m going to list what i have deployed.

12 Ae-98K Fifth-generation fighter Aircraft.
24 Ya-28 Air to ground attack aircraft.
12 Ka-52 Medium attack helicopter.
12 TMi-27 Teserat Heavy attack helicopter.

All my air-assets.
Last edited by Estovakiva on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The UFF of Hutanjia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 16, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The UFF of Hutanjia » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:00 pm

UFF/Cardwiths have 2 MIG-29s left, presently in combat over northern W. Cardwith

I will be posting tonight, along with a Royal Hut post, maybe a Card post as well. We'll see.

Neu Engollon and Hutanjia both had 2 more wins in the Rugby League WC 11!!!

They are in the top 9 out of 35. Now there will be a guaranteed loss and a guaranteed win for one of them, as they play each other in the next round. Not sure how to feel about that. Correction. They could tie, but I'd rather one get the 6 points, then both get 5.
Last edited by The UFF of Hutanjia on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Isotopia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Isotopia » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:35 pm

The UFF of Hutanjia wrote:UFF/Cardwiths have 2 MIG-29s left, presently in combat over northern W. Cardwith

I will be posting tonight, along with a Royal Hut post, maybe a Card post as well. We'll see.

Neu Engollon and Hutanjia both had 2 more wins in the Rugby League WC 11!!!

They are in the top 9 out of 35. Now there will be a guaranteed loss and a guaranteed win for one of them, as they play each other in the next round. Not sure how to feel about that. Correction. They could tie, but I'd rather one get the 6 points, then both get 5.

National Sport is rugby eh?

New Isotopia is a Water Polo country (As well as myself IR), I have yet to get involved in international competitions but I've been thinking about it.
My Political Compass:
Nazis in Space wrote:

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:00 pm

I need to know what naval forces I'm facing from Isotopia.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

New Isotopia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Isotopia » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:15 pm

New Edom wrote:I need to know what naval forces I'm facing from Isotopia.

4 Sovremenny_class_destroyer's
3 Burevestnik Class Frigates
1 Slava Class Cruiser
1 Oscar Class Cruise Missile Sub

Here's what your currently being engaged by. I've got additional ships that were part of the reinforcements but their still on the west side of the island. I also didn't include the transports that are further south because they aren't engaging in any action.
My Political Compass:
Nazis in Space wrote:

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Commonwealth Class Nuclear Aircraft Carrier [CVN] New Edom
CAG:
27x Sparrhowhawk Multi-Role fighter
2x Sparrowhawk refuelling models
4x Sparrowhawk Elec. War/EW models
14x GM-22 Strike Fighters
8x Shadowhawk Stealth Fighters
8 x TH-300 Lakota
Washington Class Nuclear Guided Heavy Battleship [BBGN]Storm Giant
1 x Tuuliki Class Cruiser (badly damaged, taking on water fast)
4 x Kazatlan-class Amphibious Assault Ship (8 Sea-Nagas per ship)
4 x Hatchet-class frigate (1 sunk, one critically damaged and out of action)
1 x Duenna Class Fast Supply Vessel

So I believe I've posted my Cruiser and 2 of my frigates damaged, but now that my battleship is not focused on destroying Fort Mason I intend to bring the full force of it against your fleet.

Hutanjia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012

Postby Hutanjia » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:49 am

I will be posting today for sure. Sorry, running behind.

I have posts to do about Torusogu, Abamete, Hesttens area, Bala Vaga, Palegata, central nesselberg/khs ambush, so. nesselberg/mcn, anything I'm missing or that you all need a response on?

Also will do one about the Palace/Chastille.

We lost to Neu Engollon Goats in the RLWC, 18-26, by the way, if anyone was interested.

Neu Engollon is in the top 4 right now against some huge ranked teams.

Yes, rugby being the big sport for both Hutanjia and Neu Engollon. Water Polo seems pretty cool, don't know much about it.

I have posted this several times, but here is the Hutanjian ORBAT
This is an updated ORBAT, with as many casualties as I could figure

ROYAL HUTANJIAN MILITARY FORCES

Royal Hutanjian Navy

1 Cruiser 'RHNS Otumlo' (Sunk)
1 Corvette 'RHNS Chastille'
3 submarines:

'RHNS Sabuzu'
'RHNS Molnitha'
'RHNS Sogapu'

9 mini submarines (carry 2 torpedos each)

PV Consisting of:
17 Fast attack craft
10 missile boats
8 torpedo boats

* Patrol and small attack vessels (multi purpose inshore/Offshore - IPV/OPVs; smaller than corvettes and are the bulk of the RHN; number designations instead of names [RHN]PB 1-43)

Royal Hutanjian Air Force:

5 squadrons of MIG-21s, 25s, 29s, Mirages and F-16s (older models)
1 Tu-22M Backfire Bomber (Retiring, lost other 3)
1 IL-78 Midas air tanker/refueler

10 Mi-24 Hind Attack/Troop transport Helicopters
34 OH-58 Kiowa and Gazelle light helicopters with rocket pods and LMGs (Rotor wing most maintained in RHAF, missions constantly flown in support of ground troops)

Hutanjian Infantry:

1 Royal Marine Corp [8th Royal Marines](5500 troops)
16 Army Regiments (3800-4200 troops ea at full strength - including mech and armor components. Also includes 3 Royal Army Ranger Regiments (3200 troops ea))

1st RAR (Royal Army Rangers)
2nd RAR
3rd RAR

5th RHA Inf. Reg.
8th Royal Hut. Marines
10th RHA Inf Reg.
12th RHA Inf. Reg.
14th RHA Inf. Reg.
16th RHA Inf. Reg.
17th RHA Inf. Reg.
21st RHA Inf. Reg.
23rd RHA Engineer Reg.
34th RHA Inf. Reg.
35th RHA Inf. Reg.
40th RHA Inf. Reg.

144th RHA Medical Bn.

Hutanjian Armored and Mechanized:

19th RHA Armored Bd.
28th RHA Mechanized Bd.
29th RHA Armored Bd.
41st RHA Mechanized Bd.

[100 T-72 & T-84 Battle tanks
142 Saracens (Bought from Uli-Schwyz)
15 ZSU AA Tanks
32 BMPs
19 BTR-80s (amphib)]

45th RHA AA Defense Bd.

[10 ITPSV90 Anti-aircraft tanks
25 mobile tracked SAMs]

18th Royal Artillery Regiment (45 155mm howitzers, 36 88mm howitzers, 21 multi purpose rocket batteries)

68,000 approx. total personnel (Combat and logistics)

plus:

5 Regiments (4100 ea) = approx. 21-22,000 total troops of KHS Special Detachment Troops, agents, support, etc.
KHS also has some mechanized and rotor wing air (1,000 pers.)
Also able to commandeer RHA assets with Royal decree.

1st KHS Spec. Det.
2nd KHS Spec. Det.
3rd KHS Spec. Det.
4th KHS Spec. Det.

111th KHS Log. Support Bn.
124th KHS Police Bn.
137th KHS Palace Guard Bn.
156th KHS Intel Bn.
167th KHS Air Squadron
Last edited by Hutanjia on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Estovakiva
Ambassador

Postby Estovakiva » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 am

Hutanjia wrote:I will be posting today for sure. Sorry, running behind.

I have posts to do about Torusogu, Abamete, Hesttens area, Bala Vaga, Palegata, central nesselberg/khs ambush, so. nesselberg/mcn, anything I'm missing or that you all need a response on?

Also will do one about the Palace/Chastille.

We lost to Neu Engollon Goats in the RLWC, 18-26, by the way, if anyone was interested.

Neu Engollon is in the top 4 right now against some huge ranked teams.

Yes, rugby being the big sport for both Hutanjia and Neu Engollon. Water Polo seems pretty cool, don't know much about it.

Perhaps you`re reply to my post? just a note i`m targeting any enemy units/installations from anybody around the area of Fort Mason. (including the Anti-radiation missiles firing at ANY Surface to air sites/radiation signatures/anti air systems.

so yeah i suppose Isotopia must reply, Cardwiths/UFF as well (thats you) and I`m not sure who else.
Last edited by Estovakiva on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Falkasia
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 am

I'l be churning out a post again today as well. I'll have to take inventory on where things need attention. Been busy studying for Semester Finals next week, so I apologize for the inactivity.
Dramatis Personae

The Cardwith Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Cardwith Islands » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 am

Estovakiva wrote:
Perhaps you`re reply to my post? just a note i`m targeting any enemy units/installations from anybody around the area of Fort Mason. (including the Anti-radiation missiles firing at ANY Surface to air sites/radiation signatures/anti air systems.

so yeah i suppose Isotopia must reply, Cardwiths/UFF as well (thats you) and I`m not sure who else.

Wait, so me (Cardwiths) needs to respond to what specifically? The missile attacks?
And also Hutanjia needs to respond to you, or just Cardwiths?
(UFF is only active in northern E. Cardwith, Nesselberg and PAST cells on Nevorn. Cardwiths Gov. forces handle everything else.) Sorry for the confusion.

Falkasia wrote:I'l be churning out a post again today as well. I'll have to take inventory on where things need attention. Been busy studying for Semester Finals next week, so I apologize for the inactivity.

Not a problem. Focus on your school stuff first. This should be the fun reward afterwards.

Estovakiva
Ambassador

Postby Estovakiva » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:19 am

The Cardwith Islands wrote:
Estovakiva wrote:

Wait, so me (Cardwiths) needs to respond to what specifically? The missile attacks?
And also Hutanjia needs to respond to you, or just Cardwiths?
(UFF is only active in northern E. Cardwith, Nesselberg and PAST cells on Nevorn. Cardwiths Gov. forces handle everything else.) Sorry for the confusion.

Falkasia wrote:I'l be churning out a post again today as well. I'll have to take inventory on where things need attention. Been busy studying for Semester Finals next week, so I apologize for the inactivity.

Not a problem. Focus on your school stuff first. This should be the fun reward afterwards.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=11871638#p11871638

Read the Ya-28 Ground attack aircraft and the helicopter-support part with Ivan and Natasha and you will notice i`m /attacking/ anything in the vicinity of Fort Mason in support of New Edom, which means i`m attacking multiplie players, including you.

Ae-98K part is clearly aimed at Isotopia`s ten remaining aircraft, but the rest is aimed at /everyone/ thats my opponent xP

New Isotopia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Isotopia » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:00 am

Hey all, I've got some bad news.

I'm going to have to pull the plug on practically my entire presence in Huntijina. This comes due to several reasons including real life complications, the thread becoming to overwhelming, and the invasion of the island is beating me down, to the point this has lost it's fun and become a chore. While I begin the process I would like to ask that all posts relating to the invasion of the West Cardwtih's to cease and a possible cease fire to begin so I may begin to withdraw. I would like to thank everyone for this experience, it's hard to find such a well done RP on Nationstates nowadays.

However, depending on how peace talks of some kind work out or even take place, I do plan on maintaining a limited, but continued presence in the RP. Depending on what happens, I intend on keeping all SF units in play (Redeployed on Nessleberg), along with a extremely limited naval (I will probably keep my one sub, a corvette or two, a small amount of landing craft, and all my attack boats in play), Armored (Maybe 15 tanks at best and the same for APC's) and air presence (One squadron of ground attack and a handful of choppers at most) as well.

I will also begin to look some for some one to take my place as the second main nation. I am in a alliance with some people who would show some interest.
My Political Compass:
Nazis in Space wrote:

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:48 am

New Isotopia wrote:Hey all, I've got some bad news.

I'm going to have to pull the plug on practically my entire presence in Huntijina. This comes due to several reasons including real life complications, the thread becoming to overwhelming, and the invasion of the island is beating me down, to the point this has lost it's fun and become a chore. While I begin the process I would like to ask that all posts relating to the invasion of the West Cardwtih's to cease and a possible cease fire to begin so I may begin to withdraw. I would like to thank everyone for this experience, it's hard to find such a well done RP on Nationstates nowadays.

However, depending on how peace talks of some kind work out or even take place, I do plan on maintaining a limited, but continued presence in the RP. Depending on what happens, I intend on keeping all SF units in play (Redeployed on Nessleberg), along with a extremely limited naval (I will probably keep my one sub, a corvette or two, a small amount of landing craft, and all my attack boats in play), Armored (Maybe 15 tanks at best and the same for APC's) and air presence (One squadron of ground attack and a handful of choppers at most) as well.

I will also begin to look some for some one to take my place as the second main nation. I am in a alliance with some people who would show some interest.

I think if you are bowing out that we need a clear outcome. If you want to have your people retreat and have them largely withdrawn, that's fine, but let's have a clear IC outcome. I would only agree to a cease fire if it meant that most of your people would leave the Cardwiths/Hutanjia.

I quite respect your concerns as a reason for withdrawing, but as I said, we need a clear outcome.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:58 am

I'm really torn on this, even though I've thought about it a bit. Hold off on recruiting someone into your position right now until we decide.

I'm really proud of everybody that has put a lot of work into this RP. It's been running a while now and gone a lot further than most RPs. I've learned a ton and gotten to appreciate all the players. All that being said, we may have run our course. It would be a great injustice to the work put in to just let it flop, but I think we could still put in some stellar posts and work towards an end game here and wrapping things up in some fashion.

As to this current issue:
The reason I don't want another new player in to replace New Isotopia is the same reason I didn't want to replace Falsea. Getting a new person in at this point and making sure they understand the peculiarities of this RP and making sure they can do story driven, non-one liner posts is taxing. Plus, it is intense and overwhelming at times. Anybody who would come in at this point is facing stacked odds against them and taking over propping up a nation that is half invaded with multiple foes, that's a lot to ask. I feel like we'd be facing the dilemma of another person(s) jumping in and then leaving the RP, only on a much faster cycle.

On the other hand, it puts Falkasia in a hell of a bind, being the last man standing, so to speak, other than the UFF. If he wants to recruit a new ally to the rebel side, I will acquiesce.

The way I see it, the political reality right now is this: the Cardwiths are going to lose some territory. The Card. gov. is on the ropes. Even before the invasion, they lost a good deal of manpower during the Nesselberg battles.
The invasion was costly for the royalists, though, and a lot of effort, manpower and energy was expended. For them to realistically continue on and invade East Cardwith too and face Falkasian ground forces and whatever Cardwithian surviving forces are left is not feasible right now. Especially as they still would have to pacify and occupy North and West Cardwith.
[OOC wise, how much interest do we all have in continuing this indefinitely is the big question?]

Option 1A: Truce - North Cardwith falls to the Royals, Falsea is gone. part of W. Card as well, or Royalists pull out of W Card. New Iso gone. Falkasia hangs onto E. Card, with a puppet government as an overseas base.

Option 1B: Same thing, only Royalists keep W. Card too. E. Cardwith would be surrounded by Royalist territory. Not a good position to be in. This is setting up a possible sequel war sometime in the future with Royalists building up enough to take all the Cardwiths, or the DSR/Falkasians build up enough to take back the other Cardwith islands. Could be interesting, and it gives us a break for a while at least.

Option 1C: Same thing, only New Iso stays, sharing E. Card with Falkasia and insurgency still active on Nesselberg

Option 2: Total pull out of Royals to Ness and Nevorn only. (Not realistic)

Option 3: The war continues indefinitely to conquer all of the Cardwiths. We look at bringing in another rebel ally. (I really don't feel like controlling all the NPC troops and I'd like to focus on some other stuff soon, but if I'm outvoted...)

Option 4: Truce - we bring in peacekeeping forces (NSIPF?) low level participation from there on out. Maybe just Nesselberg as one big DMZ, with occasional guerrilla skirmishing in the jungle between Royal and rebel forces and allies who want to stay in for the occasional battle.

Option 5: ???

So, that's my feelings so far on where this is going, but in either case, we need to work towards one of those outcomes.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents