NATION

PASSWORD

The Conglomerate [MT ; PMT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:04 am

New Azura wrote:I withdraw.

From the Conglomerate?

If so, I'll take you off the roster.

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:30 am

I just don't get it:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68834&start=475

They refuse to fight anyone that has a chance against them, then turn around and claim to be powerful enough to sell out their armed forces? Isn't there something wrong with this picture?

I mean, I'd understand if people recognized what they're doing, but any other nation will probably see them and think "they're cool."
[SHOCKING] Woman dragged by coffee cup into the MANDRILL MAZE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdllAAHq-WA

Natvia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 06, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Natvia » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 am

Allied Governments wrote:I just don't get it:

They refuse to fight anyone that has a chance against them, then turn around and claim to be powerful enough to sell out their armed forces? Isn't there something wrong with this picture?

I mean, I'd understand if people recognized what they're doing, but any other nation will probably see them and think "they're cool."

I apologize on their behalf.

Trying to whip them into shape. So... thank you for your patience.

It may take a while, yet.

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:37 am

Natvia wrote:
Allied Governments wrote:I just don't get it:

I apologize on their behalf.

Trying to whip them into shape. So... thank you for your patience.

It may take a while, yet.

It just reminds me of an alliance I was in when I was a young nation, let's just say it didn't end well.

Natvia
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Natvia » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:41 am

I know...

The main problem is they strike out on their own, say it's in the interests of the alliance proper, and sort of drag us all into it.

Hence why I have to take a browbeating stance with anybody who reacts to it. It seems so stupid of me, but... last time I tried to preach patience and logic, my allies started flipping out like five year olds.

Sufficed to say, I'm going to do my best to get the Pact working as a unit. It's ridiculous as it stands.

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:49 am

Natvia wrote:I know...

The main problem is they strike out on their own, say it's in the interests of the alliance proper, and sort of drag us all into it.

Hence why I have to take a browbeating stance with anybody who reacts to it. It seems so stupid of me, but... last time I tried to preach patience and logic, my allies started flipping out like five year olds.

Sufficed to say, I'm going to do my best to get the Pact working as a unit. It's ridiculous as it stands.

You know a nice, big war against a powerful opponent can humble nations like that. Hell, they'll probably learn a thing or two about RPing in the process.

Natvia
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Natvia » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:56 am

Allied Governments wrote:You know a nice, big war against a powerful opponent can humble nations like that. Hell, they'll probably learn a thing or two about RPing in the process.

A good point.

New Azura
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 am

Jenrak wrote:
New Azura wrote:I withdraw.

From the Conglomerate?

Oh WTF... no no, wrong forum.

:unsure:

I'm Cong for life until you guys kick me out.

Edit: That post was supposed to be in the GHA War thread.
Last edited by New Azura on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

FRIEND OF KRAVEN (2005-2023)KRAVEN PREVAILS!18 YEARS OF STORIES DELETED

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS
CAPITAL:RAEVENNADEMONYM:AZURGOVERNMENT:SYNDICAL REPUBLICLANGUAGE:AZURI

Her Graceful Excellence the Phaedra
CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura
and the Defender of the Children of Azura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Other Supported Regions —
Esvanovia (P/MT), Teremara (P/MT), The Local Cluster (FT)

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Oh, I will be making an official Conglomerate stamp so you guys can use that when you're speaking to represent the Cong rather than your individual nations.

Malikov
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Malikov » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Jenrak wrote:Oh, I will be making an official Conglomerate stamp so you guys can use that when you're speaking to represent the Cong rather than your individual nations.

Will use of the Cong sitcker require permission by someone specific, or a vote to guage the general intents of active members?
Current flag request.
The Official Factbook Of The United Peoples Of Malikov
Official Malkovian Flag
Official Malikovian Seal
Regional Map Of The United Peoples
Defcon:1 2 3 4 [5]
Military: .5% Standing Military|1.5% Reserves
Organizations:The Phoenix Conglomeration
The Trews - Highway of Heroes

In Flanders Fields the poppies grow
Between the crosses row on row
That mark our place, and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below...

R.I.P.
The Conglomerate
Tiurabo wrote:Your forces are weak because you are capable of reigning them in.
"Friendship is two pals munching on a well cooked face together."

LOVE DOG
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby LOVE DOG » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:50 pm

New Azura wrote:
Jenrak wrote:
From the Conglomerate?

You scared me, NA. By the way, you got some Dominionite ready to kill for you.

New Azura
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Love Dog wrote:
New Azura wrote:

You scared me, NA. By the way, you got some Dominionite ready to kill for you.

My bad. I'm actually working on a biological weapon for our usage, though it's going to require a little bit of "genetic engineering". Let's just say that a biological agent that cripples the body's ability to produce serotonin while dramatically increasing Homocysteine.

A real-life Rage Virus.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS

CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

LOVE DOG
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby LOVE DOG » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:38 pm

Lupus likes the sounds of that. *fanged smile*

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:41 pm

New Azura wrote:A real-life Rage Virus.

New Azura, sometimes....I love you. (no homo)
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

New Azura
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm also working on another treat. This one, I should mention, is more safeguarded by the POWER OF THE SPOILER TAG... Though I would question, do you love me because that idea is idiotic or naive, or do you love me because of my willingness to destroy big shiny objects?

MHE-71/A Fuel-Air Bomb, colloquially known as the “Pandæmonium Bomb”, is a high-yield explosive ordinance of the Honourable Air Force of New Azura. The bomb, weighing almost twenty-six thousand pounds, is the heaviest bomb in the Azuran arsenal, and produces the largest explosion of any conventional weapon in the Azuran Military. With a composition comprised of Tritonal and a mixture of Aluminum Powder and Ethylene Oxide, the bomb has a blast yield equivalent to roughly forty-four tons (eighty thousand pounds) of trinitrotoluene, or TNT. The weapon is thirty-one inches long with a forty-one inch diameter, and carries almost twenty-two thousand pounds worth of Tritonal as its primary filler.

The weapon has a blast radius of approximately three hundred meters, or roughly a thousand feet. The shockwave from the blast has enough kinetic energy to destroy almost nineteen city blocks. The MHE-71/A is not classified as a U.D.O. (universally deliverable ordinance) by the Honourable Air Force, meaning it cannot be delivered by all manner of fixed-wing aircraft. The bombs are capable of being delivered by the NT-91 Neptune Transport Aircraft [RL Equivalent - C-130 Hercules], the T-71 Titan Transport Aircraft [RL Equivalent - MC-130H Combat Talon II], the NA-22X Red Swan Naval Multirole Fighter, or the B-151 Cerberus Stealth Bomber [RL Equivalent - B-1B Lancer].

The Honourable Air Force of New Azura has contracted McElveen Industrial Technologies, Incorporated (MITI) to develop and manufacture the MHE-71/A Fuel-Air Bomb. Each bomb costs approximately $15,250.00 Azuran Ranks to produce.

The BIO-S7 "Grimaldi" Agent is a genetically engineered blood agent. The arsenic-based agent increases the level of Homocysteine in the blood stream by using synthesized asymmetric dimethylarginine, a naturally occurring chemical found in human blood, whilst simultaneously using toxic levels of an acidic compound, L-Leucine to attack the Enterochromaffin cells of the human intestines and serotonergic neurons in the body’s central nervous system, depleting the body’s level of serotonin. The agent causes acute on-set Homocysteinemia, which causes severe cardiovascular damage in the victim. The agent can be dispersed using a variety of bomb casings and deployment tactics.

Early onset symptoms of Grimaldi poisoning include increased sweating, low fever, flushed features, and mild muscle spasms. Advanced symptoms include severe abdominal and chest pain, high grade fever, moderate to severe muscle spasms, and disorientation. In some cases, hypersensitivity to physical stimuli and hypervigilance have occurred. Almost 75% of victims suffer an sharp increase in aggressive behavior, with more than half exhibiting paranoid psychoses and violent, uncontrollable behavior due to the sharp decrease in serotonin levels and rapid increase in the production of epinephrine. Grimaldi is laced with trace amounts of the chemical lysergic acid diethylamide to increase these effects. Those exposed to Grimaldi have a 65% fatality rate, with the primary cause of death typically being a myocardial infarction or pulmonary embolism. Survivors of the agent are typically left with irreparable cardiovascular damage, necessitating extended chemical therapy or transplants.
Last edited by New Azura on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS

CALIXTEIMARAUDER

— Controlled Nations —

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:37 pm

New Azura wrote:I'm also working on another treat. This one, I should mention, is more safeguarded by the POWER OF THE SPOILER TAG... Though I would question, do you love me because that idea is idiotic or naive, or do you love me because of my willingness to destroy big shiny objects?

MHE-71/A Fuel-Air Bomb, colloquially known as the “Pandæmonium Bomb”, is a high-yield explosive ordinance of the Honourable Air Force of New Azura. The bomb, weighing almost twenty-six thousand pounds, is the heaviest bomb in the Azuran arsenal, and produces the largest explosion of any conventional weapon in the Azuran Military. With a composition comprised of Tritonal and a mixture of Aluminum Powder and Ethylene Oxide, the bomb has a blast yield equivalent to roughly forty-four tons (eighty thousand pounds) of trinitrotoluene, or TNT. The weapon is thirty-one inches long with a forty-one inch diameter, and carries almost twenty-two thousand pounds worth of Tritonal as its primary filler.

The weapon has a blast radius of approximately three hundred meters, or roughly a thousand feet. The shockwave from the blast has enough kinetic energy to destroy almost nineteen city blocks. The MHE-71/A is not classified as a U.D.O. (universally deliverable ordinance) by the Honourable Air Force, meaning it cannot be delivered by all manner of fixed-wing aircraft. The bombs are capable of being delivered by the NT-91 Neptune Transport Aircraft [RL Equivalent - C-130 Hercules], the T-71 Titan Transport Aircraft [RL Equivalent - MC-130H Combat Talon II], or the B-151 Cerberus Stealth Bomber [RL Equivalent - B-1B Lancer].

The Honourable Air Force of New Azura has contracted McElveen Industrial Technologies, Incorporated (MITI) to develop and manufacture the MHE-71/A Fuel-Air Bomb. Each bomb costs approximately $15,250.00 Azuran Ranks to produce.

NA, I love you because of your willingness destroy big shiny objects and develop glorious weapons.
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Osthia
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:20 pm

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71327

To the Nations of the Conglomerate,
I ask you humbly to donate and become a part of the Helpers of Humanity Organization. This humanitarian aid organization has just been founded, and already, we have more than five billion dollars in donations, as well as more than one thousand humanitarian staff workers. If you wish to join, merely fill out an appliacation.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Nathaniel Sforka

Solarva
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Solarva » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Well for the team groupings that we have a couple of pages back, I say that I'm pretty much fine with grouping with anyone.
Member of the Conglomerate.

Traxa
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Traxa » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:38 pm

It's all about The []__[]. Miami Hurricane for life. 58-game home winning streak. 14 consecutive years of a first round NFL pick. 5 national titles. 30 years of beating everyone. We invented Swag in Miami.

Being tied with Army for total number of national championships, not even playing in a BCS bowl game since 04, and not winning a single ACC championship..priceless.
Oh yea..Alamaba called..they would like to inform you they invented swag in the 1950's.
Join Anterra actively looking for new members
Apply on our Forums
Our IRC Channel, stop by and say hello.
Boys have a Penis...Girls have a Vagina.

Brewdomia
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brewdomia » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Traxa wrote:It's all about The []__[]. Miami Hurricane for life. 58-game home winning streak. 14 consecutive years of a first round NFL pick. 5 national titles. 30 years of beating everyone. We invented Swag in Miami.

Being tied with Army for total number of national championships, not even playing in a BCS bowl game since 04, and not winning a single ACC championship..priceless.
Oh yea..Alamaba called..they would like to inform you they invented swag in the 1950's.

NFL is so much better than college lol.

EDIT: They've been in the ACC since 2004, and they dominated the Big East. And they won a national championship in the decade, and Alabama won one just last year. More Heisman's than Bama,They're also a fucking football factory. Ray Lewis, Michael Irvin, Warren Sapp...
Last edited by Brewdomia on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Azura
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm creating a special Air Force unit specifically for the Conglomerate: the 19th Stealth Wing of the Honourable Air Force of New Azura, under the order of Wing Commander Kenneth L. Smith. The Wing is stationed at Air Station Cherry Point in Braxton, Etowah Prefecture, New Azura, and will be deployed at the bequest of the Conglomerate in a time of crisis. The Wing has 1,000 total personnel, with thirty B-151 Cerberus Stealth Bombers (the primary Wing contingency) and 10 F/A-22E Black Swan Multirole Fighters (support role aircraft for the Wing). The primary application of the 19th Stealth Wing is the recently created MHE-71/A Fuel-Air Bomb. Each B-151 can carry up to four MHE-71/A 'Pandæmonium' Fuel-Air Bombs, though typical missions employ only two because of their size. With the full activation of the wing, the thirty B-151 Bombers can deploy sixty Pandæmonium Bombs over a city. With each bomb having the destructive power to wipe out almost nineteen city blocks alone, an uncontested air raid with this kind of power would completely obliterate an enemy target.

The F/A-22E Black Swan Multirole Fighters are primarily equipped with Spectre BVRAAM missiles, Spike AMRAAM missiles, and SWARM Munitions for the occasional tactical bombing run. However, they can also fire the Seahag Hypersonic Cruise Missile, which can be used as a delivery mechanism for the BIO-S7 "Grimaldi" Agent.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS

CALIXTEIMARAUDER

— Controlled Nations —

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Prevania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Prevania » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:41 am

New Azura wrote:I'm creating a special Air Force unit specifically for the Conglomerate: the 19th Stealth Wing of the Honourable Air Force of New Azura, under the order of Wing Commander Kenneth L. Smith. The Wing is stationed at Air Station Cherry Point in Braxton, Etowah Prefecture, New Azura, and will be deployed at the bequest of the Conglomerate in a time of crisis. The Wing has 1,000 total personnel, with thirty B-151 Cerberus Stealth Bombers (the primary Wing contingency) and 10 F/A-22E Black Swan Multirole Fighters (support role aircraft for the Wing). The primary application of the 19th Stealth Wing is the recently created MHE-71/A Fuel-Air Bomb. Each B-151 can carry up to four MHE-71/A 'Pandæmonium' Fuel-Air Bombs, though typical missions employ only two because of their size. With the full activation of the wing, the thirty B-151 Bombers can deploy sixty Pandæmonium Bombs over a city. With each bomb having the destructive power to wipe out almost nineteen city blocks alone, an uncontested air raid with this kind of power would completely obliterate an enemy target.

The F/A-22E Black Swan Multirole Fighters are primarily equipped with Spectre BVRAAM missiles, Spike AMRAAM missiles, and SWARM Munitions for the occasional tactical bombing run. However, they can also fire the Seahag Hypersonic Cruise Missile, which can be used as a delivery mechanism for the BIO-S7 "Grimaldi" Agent.

You'll need about twice as many personnel as that - typically, there are 50 personnel for 1 pilot in a Air Force.
Prevania (MT)
Presenting Kriegmoglichkeiten International for all your mercenary and deniable strike needs, as well as raw materials. As a special discount, if you quote this, you will receive 5% off all purchases.

For the very best in airship design, visit The Guild of Prevanian Airship Manufacturers
Member of: IASEN, the Conglomerate

LDF Activation Status: 5
Defcon: 1

Prevania Wiki (MT)

Please note, all characters appearing in these posts are fictitious. Resemblances to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental.
Any opinions expressed by these posts may not necessarily reflect the opinions of the person behind them.
Prevania (FT)

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 am

Brewdomia wrote:
Traxa wrote:It's all about The []__[]. Miami Hurricane for life. 58-game home winning streak. 14 consecutive years of a first round NFL pick. 5 national titles. 30 years of beating everyone. We invented Swag in Miami.

NFL is so much better than college lol.

EDIT: They've been in the ACC since 2004, and they dominated the Big East. And they won a national championship in the decade, and Alabama won one just last year. More Heisman's than Bama,They're also a fucking football factory. Ray Lewis, Michael Irvin, Warren Sapp...

I had a response typed up, but I realized I'd be feeding the Tarq. No reason to when they're apparently obsessed over us (kinda like Chris Rainey's stalking charge at Florida.)
http://wearesanctum.wordpress.com/ - Follow New Azura, Storm Gard, and myself amongst others as we talk about random stuff, from sports to comedy.

Hurricanes/Trojans/Wildcats; Jaguars/Spurs/Dodgers/Avalanche/Ravens

Oseato
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oseato » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:26 am

Clearly when someone comments on football, it's just Tarquinia being obsessed. Frankly, I'd like to see all of you stop talking about Tarquinia and have us all go on our separate ways.
République morivaine
La Resistance

"If world opinion is too feeble or egoistical to do justice to a martyred people, and if our voices also are too weak, I hope that Hungary’s resistance will endure until the counter-revolutionary State collapses everywhere in the East under the weight of its lies and contradictions."

Albert Camus, The Blood of The Hungarians, 1957

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:39 am

Oseato wrote:Clearly when someone comments on football, it's just Tarquinia being obsessed. Frankly, I'd like to see all of you stop talking about Tarquinia and have us all go on our separate ways.

I have no problem with going our separate ways, but it can't be a double standard. If you really want to do that - and I'm all for it - then don't post on our thread. It's that simple, because you don't see me posting on yours.
http://wearesanctum.wordpress.com/ - Follow New Azura, Storm Gard, and myself amongst others as we talk about random stuff, from sports to comedy.

Hurricanes/Trojans/Wildcats; Jaguars/Spurs/Dodgers/Avalanche/Ravens

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents