NATION

PASSWORD

Carminica crowns her King (invite only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Carminica
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:18 pm

"Thank you, Your Highness. It is my pleasure to meet you." Prince Iosac responded, smiling graciously. "We are all honoured to be attending your future king’s coronation. Let me introduce my lovely wife, Princess Consort Abaigeal and my beautiful daughter, Crown Princess Edana." The Prince gestured to each in turn, as they both stepped forward to greet the Duchess and Duke.

"It is a rare opportunity to visit a foreign land and attend such a prestigious event as this. We are thankful to your country for hosting us." Princess Abaigeal said in greeting, curtsying to the Duchess. The Princess Edana also curtsied and smiled in greeting, at her mother’s at her side.

"Please, accept this gift from our people to your King." The Prince took an oblong carved wooden box that his wife was carrying, and popped its lid to the reveal the contents to the Duchess. Lying within was a carved Saber Tooth Cat tooth, inlaid with the coat of arms of Kingborough in gold on one side, and the coat of arms of Carminica on the opposite side. “To represent, what I hope will be good relations between our people for as long as our nations exist.” The Prince said in explanation.

Bowing, he handed the box to the Duchess.

"An we are happy to have you" the Duke of Christchurch chimed in

"Ah, yes. Allow me to introduce my husband..." Princess Daphne gestured to the tall dark man standing just behind here "The Duke of Christchurch. We were just saying that this is the first time Kingborough has been in Carminica in an official capacity, no?...he have history in the making" he laughed with his signature squeal

Not too sure what to expect when introduced to a wood box Princess Daphne smiled gently as the Prince explained that is was in fact a gift for her brother "Well, I think it is safe to say that His Majesty will be thrilled to see this gift..."

"Yes, in deed/" the Duke spoke up " it looks rather interesting and very fitting...I am sure that His Majesty and the government look forward to to maintaining stronger ties between the people of Carminica and Kingborough."

"Well, I don't think I could say it any better." Princess Daphne rubbed her hand on her husbands shoulder as the footmen collected the gift.

All things considered, the encounter between the Carminican delegation and the visiting Kingborough royalty was harmonious and friendly. Knowing all too well that the media played a major role in their visit smiles and photo opportunities were abound the party mad either way to the motorcade.

"After you.." the Duke gestured to the Kingborough royal family and his wife.

The princess sighed as she finally made contact with the leather interior "What an arrival? your flight was comfortable? I must say, flyign was never my thing. Even to this day I still cant sleep while in the air...I don't why" he laughed again

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Halgard wrote:Like a swan, the president yacht slowly and gracefully pulled into the Port Devon harbour. surrounded by two small boats on each side of the bow, the Halgard flag beat in the wind as the yacht sailed in all of its glory. Departing from Camp Davis, he president yacht had only travelled a few hundred miles to Carminica. Just north of Carminica, this was the firs time a seating Halgard president had visited Carminica and the only the second time the yacht had been in Carminican waters.

"What a greeting!" First Lady Anita remarkeed as she and her husband smiled and wave to the fishermen and crowds lined on the docks

"Yes, rather exiting!" President Thorden replied as he showered the masses with his signature pearly white teeth. President Thorden had only recently won the presidential election in Halgard and this was only his second international trip as president and first visit to Carminica. "The crowds are rather healthy. Apprently, this is only the second time the yacht has docked in Carminica. The first was during the Kregstien War...President Hilton docked here on his way to the peace talks...the Queen refused to meet with him...afraid it would pull Carminica into the war. "

"Wow!" First Lady Anita exclaimed as the yacht gradually made it away around the bend to its finally port of all. Filled from the rivers edge to across the street an on the walkways on the opposite side of the road thousands of people came to greet the Halgard president. Halgard and Carminican flag waving together even the president was taken aback by the amount of people that had showed to get a glimpse

"Just keep smiling dear..." the president whisper to his wife as the yacht finally made contact with the dock.

A young naval officer met the president and his wife on the lower deck "Mr President...Madame First Lady. He have officially dock in the Kingdom of Carminica, your greeting party awaits" he gestured to the plank leading off the yacht to the figures gathered as the end of the ready carpet.

Flanked by press on one side and crowds of well wishers on the others, the president and first lady made their way down the red carpet to the Carminica greeting part "Good afternoon.." the president put out this hand

"We have quite the crowd." The Duke of Rudford chatted with Captain Ricky Orten while awaiting the arrival of the Halgardian President and first lady. The only brother of King Louis, His Royal Highness The Prince Henry, The Duke of Rudford, like many othere members of the royal family, had been requested by the King to greet the various guest bother ceremonial and official that had made their way to Carminica for the great coronation.

Massed along the harbour, thousands of Carminica gathered to greet the Halgard President. Just north of Carminica, Halgard was the closes of the countries to take part but the most allusive. With strained diplomatic relations and never an official visit by an Carminica monarch or Halgard President the arrival of the President & First Lady was historical in itself.

"Your royal highness...." the young palace intern interrupted "...Shall you conducts a short walk about before the President?"

"Well, I suppose so." The dukebushed his hands and made his way the throngs of people pilled behind the crowd barriers

Hello...Gad Save the King....Rudford.... rang from the crowds as the duke mad his rounds "Hoe long have you been awaiting?" he asked a older women and her husband

"We got here 4:00PM this morning...but don't mind...the wait is well worth it. We visited Halgard for our 45th wedding anniversary. It was quite the trip but we hope to see the President this time around" the old women smile

"Well, your waiting will be over soon enough."

The sea of Halgard & Carminican flags soon turned into thunderous applause and praise as the Halgard presidential yacht made its final dock. Aligned at the end of the red carpet, the duke and small delegation of stood to greet the Halgard President & First Lady.

"The pleasure is ours..." duke gave his hand to the President ..welcome to the Kingdom of Carminica. On behalf of The King, I thank you for making this historic visit to Carmininca to take part in the coronation ceremony and ball."

The Harrowlands
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Harrowlands » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:18 am

From the deck of the HMY Harrovia, Eleanor squinted out at the shoreline of Port Devon as it drew nearer. She watched the bustling figures onshore, hastening to and fro like ants possessed of some urgent business. But the business was urgent, she reminded herself; a King was being crowned today. She recalled similar scenes of hurry and urgent preparation on the day of her own coronation, two and a half years prior, yet all carried out in the most patriotic and celebratory spirit anyone could remember. There was not a face that wasn't glad on that day, and she suspected it was no different on this day.

"Ready? How are you feeling?" asked Christian.

"Ecstatic," she replied. And she was - she was grateful for a distraction from the politics of her native realm, and what better distraction than an exotic foreign party? In any case, she was excited to be meeting at last these people, the Carminicans, with whom she had had contact in the past but had never had the privilege to greet.

"We are disembarking," said an aide, bowing low as he did so. "Please..." he gestured.

"Very well," said Eleanor. "Christian," she motioned for her husband to take her arm as she prepared to step off the yacht.

"I present Her Majesty Eleanor II, Queen of Harrow and the Isles, and His Royal Highness Prince Christian, the Duke of Picton!" announced a herald as the royal couple set foot on Carminican soil.

(OOC: by the way, is this Bardust?)
Last edited by The Harrowlands on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Chelta.

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:59 pm

The Harrowlands wrote:From the deck of the HMY Harrovia, Eleanor squinted out at the shoreline of Port Devon as it drew nearer. She watched the bustling figures onshore, hastening to and fro like ants possessed of some urgent business. But the business was urgent, she reminded herself; a King was being crowned today. She recalled similar scenes of hurry and urgent preparation on the day of her own coronation, two and a half years prior, yet all carried out in the most patriotic and celebratory spirit anyone could remember. There was not a face that wasn't glad on that day, and she suspected it was no different on this day.

"Ready? How are you feeling?" asked Christian.

"Ecstatic," she replied. And she was - she was grateful for a distraction from the politics of her native realm, and what better distraction than an exotic foreign party? In any case, she was excited to be meeting at last these people, the Carminicans, with whom she had had contact in the past but had never had the privilege to greet.

"We are disembarking," said an aide, bowing low as he did so. "Please..." he gestured.

"Very well," said Eleanor. "Christian," she motioned for her husband to take her arm as she prepared to step off the yacht.

"I present Her Majesty Eleanor II, Queen of Harrow and the Isles, and His Royal Highness Prince Christian, the Duke of Picton!" announced a herald as the royal couple set foot on Carminican soil.

(OOC: by the way, is this Bardust?)

"It looks like they are about to dock" Prince Daniel pointed as HMY Harrovia slowly made contact with the port. The head of the Princely Family of Detmold, the only princely title nobility in Carmininca besides the royal family, even His Highness The Prince Daniel, The Prince of Detmold, had been requested by the King to greet the arriving royal.

Accompanied by his aide-de-camp, Prince Daniel waved vigously to the crowds. Still on the high of witnessing the arrival of the Halgard President, the masses were in their glee as they saw the prince await the Harrowlands delegation.

Detmold, Detmold, Detmold rang from the crowds as Prince Daniel grinned and gave a small wave as the Harrowland delegation made their off the about. Masked in mystery, the prince new little of the Harrowland Queen & Consort that gradually made their way to him. All he dd know that they enjoyed the old way of doing things, which was of little interest of Prince Daniel but called upon by his King he would fully his duty as required.

"Good afternoon your majesty..." Prince Daniel bowed before the Harrowland Queen "...I behalf of The King, welcome to the Kingdom of Carminica. It is pleasure to you.." he gestured to HRH The Duke of Picton "...this is the first a Harrowland monarhc and consort have made their was to Carminica and I must say we are blessed to have you."

Where the crowds once cheered Detmold their robust praise quickly turned to the Harrowland monarch and consort. "Harrowlands, Harrowlands, Harrowlands " rippled throughout the crowds as they stood pressed between the tall huildings and the banks of Port Devon.

"They are very happy to see you!" the Prince exclaimed as he lead the royal couple into the black limo waiting at the end of the red carpet. With a gentle press on the door, the loud praise become a muffled haze.

"Ah! " the prince sighed as the motorcade pulled off "To do hope the sail her was comfortable. I was told the weather should hold for the next few days but you know how the sea if...well i guess that's just it you never know how it's going to be. Oh, the children? James is it? the new addition to the family. I hope his siblings are adjusting well."

As the motorcade flew through the city streets hundreds of people made their way to get a glimpse of the Harrowland Queen. Often seen as true monarch of an age past, the well wishes were left in shock and slender as they managed to get a wave form the royal couple while on their way to they accommodations before the coronation.

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Page wrote:"Your Royal Highness, it is my pleasure." Daniel said, shaking Prince Nathan's hand. Lyyna and Phillip both respectfully bowed. "May I introduce, Captain Phillip Ishair, my faithful pilot, and Agent Lyyna Niama, the most skilled Lykiar operative and fazrandur on our side of the globe."

The word "fazrandur" meant "fascist hunter" and it was an appropriate term, ever since the Civil War and the attempted deposition of the monarchy by the National Destiny Party, all Pagian traitors were mercilessly hunted down and slain, even abroad. Of course, there was no indication Carminica ever harbored Page's enemies, which kept them in King Daniel's high regard.

Two blades were on Daniel. One was his personal dagger which he kept with him since the war. The other was a sword of the finest craftsmanship, bearing Carminica's coat of arms engraved into one side and a warrior's code of honor written in calligraphy in both ancient Pagian and Carminica's native tongue, in very small text, likewise flawlessly engraved. The sword itself was, despite its fineness and extreme worth, quite battle-worthy. Daniel noticed Prince Nathan's eyes on it.

Daniel grinned, and proudly explained "Ah yes, our gift for His Majesty the King. It is a sword from the Polar Star Guild, with an 854 year secret mastery of metalworking and swordcraft. There is one of these, a unique one made for every Pagian King, as well as for foreigners on special occassions. This would be the 94th ever made in world history and the 7th made as a coronation gift for another monarch. We hope he will be pleased."

Lyyna did not want to talk to Prince Nathan out of place, so instead she addressed Daniel in front of him.
"My Lord, would you also inform His Royal Highness Prince Nathan of Rudford that possessing such a sword bestows an invitation onto His Majesty the King to participate in Aliin Vol?"
She smiled with excitement. She could tell the Carminicans saw Pagian ways as strange, but rather than be offended she was mainly amused.
"Do they know what Aliin Vol is?" Phillip whispered to Lyyna nervously.

Daniel was all too happy to explain.
"Aliin Vol is a yearly tradition every April in Page, during the Banquet of the Stars. Pagian noblemen, and sometimes myself, will duel with these swords in an arena in front of the common people. There is armor, of course, injuries are minor. There is no higher mutual respect than among fighters, we never aim to harm one another severely. I broke three ribs and got a nasty slash to my back during the last one, thank the Goddess I found an opponent who didn't hold back just because I am King.

Foreigners are rarely allowed but, my dear Lyyna is right, holding such a sword is an standing invitation." After a long and awkward pause, Daniel added "Of course, no worries, we will not be offended if His Majesty declines to duel."

Lyyna was nearly about to break into laughter seeing the look on Prince Nathan's face once again.

"Oh no your majesty..." Prince Nathan bowed before the King "the pleasure is ours. The King express is great joy to know that you have graced the kingdom with your presence."

As the prince rose a ceremonial weapon of sorts captivated his eyes "Well..." he listen as the King and his aid explained it "...well...thank you." A very foreign concept to Carminican culture the ceremonial weapon was quickly collected by one of the prince's aids "Aliin Vol s it? Iam sure his majesty will without a doubt consider such an invitation." he said with some hesitation

"Well we?" the prince gestured to the motorcade that slowly came to a stop at the end of the red carpet. Waving to people lined behind the fence surrounding the the tarmac, Prince Nathan of Rudford ushered the King and his aid into the black limo. mounted with a Page & Carminican flag, the motorcade put it in full gear as the lumbering train of cars speed off to the city center and the King's accommodations before the coronation.

Kingborough
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingborough » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 pm

"Thank you for your gracious welcome. Certainly, Kingborough has had little to do with the world before now so it is a delight to visit foreign lands. I don't believe a Kingboroughian sovereign had ever visited any foreign nations before this trip." The Prince smiled graciously, and followed the Princess into the limousine. He waved to the media as he passed them, the sixty eight year old prince striding with great purpose and strength for his encroaching age.

"We all look forward to the coronation - it will be delightful to see a key component of your culture, the coronation ceremonies. I always delight in observing new things." Princess Abaegael said, sliding into the car after her husband. "And thank you, the flight was enjoyable. We have the blessing of possessing a lovely jet and it brought us here very swiftly."

Finally, Princess Edana folded herself gracefully into the back of the limousine, just as the motorcade readied to leave for the city center. "It is a pleasure to visit your country. We thank you for letting us attend." She said, smiling gratefully to the Princess and the Duke.
Founder of Nysa

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:05 am

Flanked by several miniscule motor launches, a gargantuan superyacht sailed into Port Devon Harbour. Belonging to the Roman Royal Family, 557-foot yacht was aptly named Eclipse; in terms of size, it had already eclipsed all other yachts in the Roman Kingdom. Launched just last year, the NSD $1.2 Billion yacht replaced the Royal Yacht Lion of Venice as the primary sailing vessel of the Roman Royal Family. Although it received quite a lot of criticism in the pres due to its outlandish size and cost, the Royal Family could certainly afford the "monstrous beast" - after all, it had a net worth approaching almost $600 billion. Recently, The King and the Royal Family had been using the yacht to undertake international goodwill tours, as well as personal family vacations around the coasts of Montegiardini and Montigne. Eclipse is certainly the epitome of modern luxury: it boasts two helicopter pads, two swimming pools, a disco hall, 24 luxury staterooms, a mini-submarine, bulletproof windows, armored plating, and a state-of-the-art missile defense system. Since the King was on board, the Sovereign's Standard flew on the aft-mast rig.

King Raphael and Queen Maria stood on the port side of the main deck, waving at the crowds who had assembled on shore to witness the arrival of several international delegations. Brandishing his signature bare-it-all smile, the King tried to utter a few words to his wife while trying to fight the deafening cheers of the crowd. "Look Maria, they're here just for us!" The Queen, who was gracefully flourishing her hands back and forth, chucked playfully at her husband's comment. "No you silly goose, they're here for their health. Just where are those children? Oh, nevermind here they are!"

At that moment, four young adults swept right past the royal couple, finally stopping as they reached the bow of the boat. Raphael and Maria's three children, Alexander, Sophie, and Francis, were accompanied by Alexandra, who was the daughter of Raphael's younger brother and the fiancée of a member of the Carminican Royal Family, The Viscount Argyle. As they awaited the approaching motor launch, the royals all gathered together and walked towards the stern of the ship, where the Carminican delegation would meet to take them ashore.
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Please refer to my nation IC as the Kingdom of Rome or Roman Kingdom.
Diplomacy: Factbook | Embassy Program | The Stonewall Alliance
Storefronts: Energizia Inc. | Van De Kaap Diamonds
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Harrowlands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Harrowlands » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:36 pm

"Ah, good afternoon, Your Highness," Eleanor said to her greeter, offering a warm smile as she did so. "My husband, Prince Christian," she added. "We're very happy to be here in Carminica, at last."

The royal couple were slightly awed at the strength of the crowd's cheering, giving courteous smiles and waves to elated onlookers as they passed. "Such a warm welcome!" commented Prince Christian impressedly as they were led into what they gathered was a kind of automated metal carriage. "Don't let anyone tell you Carminicans don't make good first impressions," he quipped to Prince Daniel, chuckling heartily.

"My husband thinks he's funny," offered Eleanor, rolling her eyes. "But he's right, your gracious hospitality is most humbling."

"We're a very long way from home," said Eleanor, "so it's not easy to make the trip over here to Carminica, but we're happy of a chance to finally meet this country. Of course we had to leave the children behind, in the care of my sister, Princess Helena, and her husband... Oh, James? Such a sweet little boy. He's turning out like his father - sleeps a lot and doesn't do much." Christian let out a soft chortle of approval at this.

"This must be most uplifting for your people. A new sovereign, a new age..." mused Eleanor. "That's what my mother said on the day of my coronation, two years ago... I don't doubt people feel the same way here?"
Puppet of Chelta.

Noordeinde
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Noordeinde » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:42 pm

In the early afthernoon, a day before the coronation, flight 'RNAF 02' entered Carminican airspace. Onboard of the plane were Vice-President Michael Flaherty and his wife, Barbara Flaherty.

Probably an hour before the Boeing C-32 would arrive at Adam's Royal Air Force Base the pilot - a Lieutenant-Colonel - called in Adam's AFB flightcontrol: 'RNAF 02 for Carminican flightcontrol, do you copy? Approximate flight time to Adam's Air Force Base (AAFB) is 30 minutes. We have the Vice-President and his delegation onboard. Further requesting clearance to land, over.'

At the same time, at Adam's Airbase, final preperations were also going on. First of all the Ambassador and his wife arrived to welcome the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty to Carminica. The Royal Noordeindian Secret Service was also clearly visible at the Airbase and other sights that would be visited by the Vice-President - including at the Cathedral. There were plainclothed agents everywhere, you could recognise them by their earpiece, the lapel pin on their suit or their badge.

Short before the Vice-Presidential flight would 'touch down' two armored cars - a Chevrolet Suburban and a Cadillac Deville Limousine - arrived on the tarmac as well. Both cars would be used to transport the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty during their stay in Lottingham.

Prior to the Vice-President his arrival some of the Secret Service Agents had taken their positions upon the rooftops of one of the hangars, close to the tarmac. The Agents carried special binoculors and within a few minutes they had spotted the Boeing C-32 on it's final descent to the runway. It seemed like the air traffic controler had given his clearance to land rather quickly. The Agents immediatley informed their colleages on the ground that the plane was incomming: 'Everyone on stand-by, Geronimo is incomming!'

Afther probably a few minutes the plane touched down on the runway and slowed down before it eventually turned onto the tarmac. While the plane made it's way to the platform, final preperations were going on inside the cabin. Members of the press prepared their gear, the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty made sure that their clothing looked fine and appropriate.

Eventually the plane came to a halt on the tarmac mark and the pilots turned-off the engines. Immediatley a portable steel staircase was placed near the hull of the plane and one of the flight attendants opened the front door of the cabin. In the meanwhile the other door - at the back of the plane - was already open as well. Many photographers and journalists rushed down the stairs to catch a glimpse of the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty. However the RNSS Agents kept them on an appropriate distance from the Carminican dignataries.

Short afther, a few Agents also departed from the plane: 'Everyone on high alert, Geronimo is on his way down!' The agents took their positions - on both sides down the staircase - and within a few seconds the Vice-President and Barbara Flaherty appeared in the doorway of the plane. They waved to the tv cameras and photographers for a few seconds before walking down the stairs.
I'm gay, for gay rights, and I don't care what you think, its my life. If you support gay rights put this in your signature.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:04 pm

OOC: This doesn't have to be replied to, this is just adding more fluff, so to speak.

IC: While Phillip sat more towards the front of the limo, making small talk with the Carminican driver and security, King Daniel and Lyyna had privacy together in the back, where they shared their thoughts on their first impressions of the country and Prince Nathan.

"Do you still find these foreign monarchs lacking in substance, my Lord?" Lyyna asked as she leaned back, while Daniel looked out of the window observing the landscape.

"Not really," he said as he gazed out while the motorcade picked up speed slightly "they have strict adherence to ritual and manners, that is at least to be appreciated. As is their kindness towards us. Prince Nathan seems a decent man."

"'A decent man', my Lord. Forgive, though that assessment itself seems to lack in substance." Lynna told him.
Daniel laughed quietly and turned back towards her, answering "Few foreigners have faced hardships like ours. I suspect if the man too once had to lead an army for the survival of his nation, I would have felt steel in his handshake."
"But instead you felt?"
"Flesh. And only flesh. So much is acceptable." Daniel stated.

Lyyna listened, though her mind began drifting off as they rode on.
"I appreciate what you've done for us. The Haktivan incident, Station 8, that you will go to Western Cuba to deal out justice soon. You may let your mind be at ease for this happy event, dear." Daniel told her as he adjusted his cuff links and looked at his reflection he could vaguely see on the inside of the tinted windows.

"Calm is hard to find, my Lord." Lyyna replied after a long pause.
"Come by tonight then." Daniel suggested to her enigmatically.

He sighed. There would be much to go over with what sort of ritual and behavior was to be expected at the coronation event. But, he had far longer days in the past.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Noordeinde wrote:

In the early afthernoon, a day before the coronation, flight 'RNAF 02' entered Carminican airspace. Onboard of the plane were Vice-President Michael Flaherty and his wife, Barbara Flaherty.

Probably an hour before the Boeing C-32 would arrive at Adam's Royal Air Force Base the pilot - a Lieutenant-Colonel - called in Adam's AFB flightcontrol: 'RNAF 02 for Carminican flightcontrol, do you copy? Approximate flight time to Adam's Air Force Base (AAFB) is 30 minutes. We have the Vice-President and his delegation onboard. Further requesting clearance to land, over.'

At the same time, at Adam's Airbase, final preperations were also going on. First of all the Ambassador and his wife arrived to welcome the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty to Carminica. The Royal Noordeindian Secret Service was also clearly visible at the Airbase and other sights that would be visited by the Vice-President - including at the Cathedral. There were plainclothed agents everywhere, you could recognise them by their earpiece, the lapel pin on their suit or their badge.

Short before the Vice-Presidential flight would 'touch down' two armored cars - a Chevrolet Suburban and a Cadillac Deville Limousine - arrived on the tarmac as well. Both cars would be used to transport the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty during their stay in Lottingham.

Prior to the Vice-President his arrival some of the Secret Service Agents had taken their positions upon the rooftops of one of the hangars, close to the tarmac. The Agents carried special binoculors and within a few minutes they had spotted the Boeing C-32 on it's final descent to the runway. It seemed like the air traffic controler had given his clearance to land rather quickly. The Agents immediatley informed their colleages on the ground that the plane was incomming: 'Everyone on stand-by, Geronimo is incomming!'

Afther probably a few minutes the plane touched down on the runway and slowed down before it eventually turned onto the tarmac. While the plane made it's way to the platform, final preperations were going on inside the cabin. Members of the press prepared their gear, the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty made sure that their clothing looked fine and appropriate.

Eventually the plane came to a halt on the tarmac mark and the pilots turned-off the engines. Immediatley a portable steel staircase was placed near the hull of the plane and one of the flight attendants opened the front door of the cabin. In the meanwhile the other door - at the back of the plane - was already open as well. Many photographers and journalists rushed down the stairs to catch a glimpse of the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty. However the RNSS Agents kept them on an appropriate distance from the Carminican dignataries.

Short afther, a few Agents also departed from the plane: 'Everyone on high alert, Geronimo is on his way down!' The agents took their positions - on both sides down the staircase - and within a few seconds the Vice-President and Barbara Flaherty appeared in the doorway of the plane. They waved to the tv cameras and photographers for a few seconds before walking down the stairs.

"So Mrs. DeVries will be welcoming the Vice-President & Second Lady as well?" The Right Honourable Debra Welard, The Baroness Welward, clarified as he large black SUV came to stop at the opposite end of the red carpet. Leader of the Government n the House of Peers, the Baroness was one of the many recruited to undertake the daunting take of greeting the dignitaries landing in Carminica for the King's coronation.

She hopped SUV and approached the Noordeinde ambassador "Good afternoon your excellency and Mrs. DeVries! Rather exciting, no? I don't think a Noordeinde President or Vice-President have ever been to Carminica...not in an official capacity at least. Oh Mrs. DeVries, I trust you have picked a wonderful outfit for tomorrow! I was talking with Lady Andrews, Sir Thompson's wife, and he told me that the Prime Minister's Office had missed placed some of the invitations for coronation ball. I do hope you have your sorted out! The minister of Foreign Affairs has already express that all ambassadors and spouse are invited."

Lacking in royal mystery and the status of head of state the crowds gathered to see the arrive of the Vice-President and Second Lady where smaller then previous guest but none the lest kept the Royal Noordeindian Secret Service busy none the less.

Carminica News Network

Good afternoon, just like the royal family and cabinet, we here at CNN have been criss-crossing the city bringing you full coverage of the arrivals of the foreign heads of state and government for the coronation of King Louis of Carminica. Right now, we are at Lord Adam's Royal Air Force Base where we are expected to see the Vice-President of Noordeinde and the Second Lady. Just a short while ago, the Ambassdor of Noordeinde to Carminica, His Excellency The Right Honourable Ned DeVries, and his wife Mrs. Rosemary DeVries, had arrived as the base followed by The Broness Welward. With us we have Marie-Anne Rover, royal editor for the Carminican Daily Mail. Mrs. Rover, what can you tell use about the Noordeinde arrival.

Of course I can. Well, this arrival is a little different. For the past few days we have seen the arrival of monarch and other heads of state but this is one of the first, lets not forget highest ranking, dignitaries that will be arriving on behalf of a head of state. That being said, it is more then likely that the Vice-President will be treated with the same honour as the President or Grand Duke themselve. The under laying issue with Noordeinde is how the Carminica government and the palace will interact with the Noordeinde government. Ultimately, Noordeinde is a Grand Duchy and it can been seen, insider have already said it has been seen by the palace, that the Grand Duke no making the effort to attend the coronation was slight disrespectful. Leader of the House of Peers and not a member of the royal family greeting the Vice-President could be a sign on that very thing...BUT...that is not known for sure. I mean, it clear that Noordeinde and Carminica share a strong diplomatic relationship and the government will welcome any representation...as be already now the royal courtiers can be very fickle when it comes to these issues.

Thank you Marie-Anne for your insight on today's arrival....hold on...it looks like...it looks like the Vice-President's plane had landed and has just taxied into position. Wait for it...and yes their is it...the 27th Vice-President of the Grand Duchy of Noordeinde has set foot in Carminica. Let us watch at the he meets the greeting party.

A blanket of white light spread across the side of the Vice-Presidential aircraft as the Vice-President & Second Lady made their way to the greeting party below. Next to the Ambassador and his wife, Baroness Welward stepped forward to the formally greet the Vice-President "Mr.Vice-President, On behalf of His Majesty The King of Carminica and his government welcome to the Carminica. It is an honour to have you official visit and attend his majesty's coronation." Surrounded by the Royal Noordeinde Secret Service, the baroness casually chatted with the Vice-President and Second Lady "Aww, Second Lady Flaherty, I hope the flight was comfortable. I was just speaking with Mrs. DeVries about the coronation ball. It should be a wonderful event, after the coronation that is. "

Followed by the ambassador, ambassador's wife and Second Lady, Baroness Welward and the Vice-President led the Carminican and Noordeinde official to the large motorcade compiled at the end of red carpet. The Baroness guested to the Cadillac Deville Limousine, "I believe this is your transportation. I will be returning to the Government Palace and sorting out final details before the tomorrow. Im not sure what you have planned for the day but whatever it is I hope you will enjoy. You and your delegation will not been need until tomorrow. I will see morning Mr. Vice-President." she smiled as she shock the Vice-President's hand and made way for her SUV

Noordeinde
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Noordeinde » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:50 pm

The Ambassador and Mrs. DeVries were rather surprised to see the Baroness Welward when they disembarked from their car. Both the Ambassador and his wife approached the Baroness and shaked her hand: 'Madam Leader, it is good to see you. Thank you very much for having us with you here today to welcome the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty.' He said.

'According to my husband we did indeed sort out this small problem we had with the Office of the Prime Minister..' Rosemary said: 'However we have been invited to the Coronation Ball and the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty as well - that's what is most important.' She said before her husband interupted: 'And she will absolutely be wearing a wonderfull dress, Madam Leader..' He joked.

In the meanwhile the Vice-Presidential flight touched down on the runway and somewhat later the plane taxied to the tarmac. Eventually the plane came to a halt and the pilots turned-off the engines. Afther a portable steel staircase was placed near the hull of the plane one of the flight attendants opened the front door of the cabin. In the meanwhile the other door - at the back of the plane - was already open as well. Many photographers and journalists rushed down the stairs to catch a glimpse of the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty. However the RNSS Agents kept them on an appropriate distance from the Carminican dignataries.

The Vice-President and his wife then approached the Baroness Welward and also shaked her hand: 'Madam Leader, thank you so much for welcomming me and my wife here today. It is a distinct honour and a high privilege for us to attend the coronation tommorow. If I may, I also would like to apologize that President Roosevelt himself was unable to attend - he already had other commitments this week.'

'I also would like to apologize that His Royal Majesty the Grand Duke couldn't come either, Madam Leader. According to himself he is only a Ceremonial Monarch and it is therefore the duty and responsability of the elected President and his government to represent our country abroad. So that is why I am here with my wife, Barbara.' The Vice-President continued while his wife shaked hands with the Baroness.

'The flight was wonderfull, Madam Leader, thank you!' Barbara Flaherty said. In the meanwhile her husband greeted Ambassador DeVries and his wife: 'Mister Ambassador, Rosemary, it's good to see you. How have you been doing - I hope you two like your stay here so far?' He asked. Short thereafther the delegation walked back to the waiting cars.

Just before getting in the car the Vice-President once more shaked hands with the Baroness: 'Madam Leader, once more, thank you very much for your warm welcome! According to my Chief of Staff we'll be going to the Embassy and stay over for tonight at the Ambassador's residence.'

'The Ambassador has organized a reception - at the embassy - for staffmembers and Carminican dignitaries and you are hereby invited too. It would also be nice if you could please pass the invitation onto the Minister of Foreign Affairs as well.
' Thereafther the Vice-President got into the waiting limousine and an Agent on his detail closed the door of the car behind him.
I'm gay, for gay rights, and I don't care what you think, its my life. If you support gay rights put this in your signature.

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:57 pm

San Pellegrino Romana wrote:Flanked by several miniscule motor launches, a gargantuan superyacht sailed into Port Devon Harbour. Belonging to the Roman Royal Family, 557-foot yacht was aptly named Eclipse; in terms of size, it had already eclipsed all other yachts in the Roman Kingdom. Launched just last year, the NSD $1.2 Billion yacht replaced the Royal Yacht Lion of Venice as the primary sailing vessel of the Roman Royal Family. Although it received quite a lot of criticism in the pres due to its outlandish size and cost, the Royal Family could certainly afford the "monstrous beast" - after all, it had a net worth approaching almost $600 billion. Recently, The King and the Royal Family had been using the yacht to undertake international goodwill tours, as well as personal family vacations around the coasts of Montegiardini and Montigne. Eclipse is certainly the epitome of modern luxury: it boasts two helicopter pads, two swimming pools, a disco hall, 24 luxury staterooms, a mini-submarine, bulletproof windows, armored plating, and a state-of-the-art missile defense system. Since the King was on board, the Sovereign's Standard flew on the aft-mast rig.

King Raphael and Queen Maria stood on the port side of the main deck, waving at the crowds who had assembled on shore to witness the arrival of several international delegations. Brandishing his signature bare-it-all smile, the King tried to utter a few words to his wife while trying to fight the deafening cheers of the crowd. "Look Maria, they're here just for us!" The Queen, who was gracefully flourishing her hands back and forth, chucked playfully at her husband's comment. "No you silly goose, they're here for their health. Just where are those children? Oh, nevermind here they are!"

At that moment, four young adults swept right past the royal couple, finally stopping as they reached the bow of the boat. Raphael and Maria's three children, Alexander, Sophie, and Francis, were accompanied by Alexandra, who was the daughter of Raphael's younger brother and the fiancée of a member of the Carminican Royal Family, The Viscount Argyle. As they awaited the approaching motor launch, the royals all gathered together and walked towards the stern of the ship, where the Carminican delegation would meet to take them ashore.

Where the sights of presidents and royalty had become common place to some, after the arrival of the Halgard and Harrowlands delegation, the the hush and then thunderous appease and praise was not lost on anyone as the titanic royal yacht, Eclipse, gradually maneuvered into the harbour to only come to a stop because of its massive size. The impression the ship made was one thing but its was the people on board that sparked an out pouring of admiration for the people. Where Halgard flags once beat as supporters rang in the presidents arrivals a seal a Romana flag overtook the landscape. So honoured to receive the royal family, local business unfurled massive Romana flags that spanned from one building to he next.

The out pour of affection was soon drown by a thick cry that bellowed from the stone arch bridges that bled into the Port Devon harbour. ROW...ROW....ROW....ROW...ROW... echoed as a long barged emerged from the bridged. The forward dawning aroyal standard flowing gracfully in the wind 18 rower soon commanded the crowds attention as the gilded barge made itself known. A pure white hue over the hull, the remainder of the barge was dressed on a maroon paint and gold finished. First made for Queen Charlotte's golden jubilee, the royal barge had been in restoration, under the royal collection, for the past 62 years making today its first sail since her maiden voyage.

As the tail end of the barge made its way from under the bridge a piercing fanfare, announcing the arrival of the greeting party, rang throughout the dockyard. The hush and anticipation soon ended as the three figures aboard the barge were made kown to the public. As a family, Her Royal Highness The Princess Margret, The Countess of St.Michael, The Right Honourable Shane Argyle, The Baron of Maxwell and The Right Honourable Justin Argyle, The Viscount Argyle stood aboard wave and greeting the throngs of people assembled to see the arrival of the Romana royal family.

"Just smile and wave.." Lord Maxwell joked as he turned to the starboard side of the barge "Do you think the Eclipse has enough room for all of them?"

"oh that's enough." Prince Margret scolded her son through her teeth "...as you said just smile and wave."

"Gosh mummy! I can't wait for you to see her!" Viscount Argyle laughed with glee as he waves broadly to a small child standing on her fathers shoulder trying to get a good view "you will think she's great, I mean she's just soon calming to be around...she rides horses just like you.. you can bond over then right.. on she jogs..gosh she's great" Viscount Argyle painted as rambled with glee and excitement about see the women he would soon marry. Engaged to HRH The Duchess of Piedmont, this was the first official function that the two would attend as of couple. Often having to set seats apart to dispel romours, for the coronation he would introduce the duchess not only to his mother, but his country for the first time.

"I am sure she is wonderful Justin. I can't wait to see her. " Princess Margret responded in the calming way only a mother

"yeah, she's not bad looking either." Lord Maxwell blurted out

"LORD MAXWELL." the princess reprimanded her son. Knowing that when she uses his title she really means business, Lord Maxwell kept silent and continued to wave

"you got that right." Viscount Argyle muttered under his breathe softly

The short yet eventful trip cam to an end as the royal barge finally docked with the massive royal yacht. A meeting of two world, the barge master of the wooden royal barge made connect with the captain of the impress and advanced yacht. The barge master addressed the seamen on the oppsite end of the plank "As representation of His Majesty The King, Her Royal Highness the Countess of St. Michael, accompanied by the Baron of Maxwell and Viscount Argyle request aboard this most noble royal yacht Eclipse. What say ye?"

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Commodore Gianfranco Napolitano, the Commanding Officer of HRMY Eclipse, pointed a brass megaphone towards the wooden royal barge and spoke his reply, "On behalf of His Royal Majesty King Raphael the First, I, the Commanding Officer of His Royal Majesty's Yacht Eclipse, give Her Royal Highness The Countess of St. Michael and her delegation, permission to board this most noble yacht." A group of sailors, dressed in their formal blue uniforms and white caps, had already lined up at the platform located at the stern of the ship. As the royal barge made its way towards the platform, the Roman Royals hurried off towards the platform. Commodore Napolitano and the sailors stood at attention as the royals presented themselves to the Carminican welcoming party.

Raphael made his way forward and, in an effort to help her aboard, extended his hand to the Countess of St. Michael. "Your Royal Highness," he said in a smooth and gentle voice, "It is a pleasure and honor to be here for His Majesty's Coronation. Thank you for having my family and I here for such a memorable occasion. May I present the rest of my wife and children." As Raphael greeted the Countess, Alexander and Francis also made their way towards the barge, greeted the Baron of Maxwell and the Viscount Argyle, and helped them board the ship. Following Raphael's lead, Maria, Sophie, and Alexandra greeted the Countess, and moved to greet the Baron and Viscount; Francis and Alexander followed suit, and greeted the Countess. Not surprisingly, Princess Alexandra eagerly ran to her fiancée, the Viscount Argyle, and greeted him with a large hug and kiss.
Please refer to my nation IC as the Kingdom of Rome or Roman Kingdom.
Diplomacy: Factbook | Embassy Program | The Stonewall Alliance
Storefronts: Energizia Inc. | Van De Kaap Diamonds
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:57 pm

"Oh no your majesty..." the Countess of St.Michael insisted "the pleasure and honour is ours. His majesty has express a great deal of glee that such warm and kinda friends to Carminica could join the nation in such a celebration. Of course you may!" she smiled as The Queen and remainder of the royal family came forth

"Good afternoon your majesty.." the countess curtsied before Romana Queen "...as I have expressed to the King, welcome to the Kingdom of Carminica. The King wishes that your comfortable and memorable." The Countess turned to the Princess Royal "I do hope the sail here was alright. You know how these things work. On shore its as beautiful as the month of May and then at sea its like all heck has broke lose." Eager in conversation with friends not seen in some time the countess let her children be as they mingled with the younger generation.

"Some paddle boat you got here." Lord Maxwell commented to Prince Francis as he looked around the massive ship "Surprised it could even make the journey.." he looked over to the price trying to keep a straight face "but really man! this thing is gargantuan, I actually am surprised you made... surprised it did run agound its so damn big. Anyway how are things? Jackson doing well? Speaking of love in the air look at those two" Lord Maxwell whispered as he peek over at Viscount Argyle and Princess Alexandra.

"About time you made it..." Viscount Argyle smiled as he held Princess Alexandra in his arm "...I've been waiting far to long you to get here.This week is going to be great! So many things planned and places to see...and some time just for the two of us." the viscount smiled devilishly. "I have have surprise for you by the way. This coronation is very special for my family and the country and with you here is even more special. Tomorrow we will see what my country is and what my family is and the fact that someday we will be my family and love my country as much as I do i want to give you something. On coronation day, the princess's of the realm often wear their heirloom tiara's worn by attendees of the coronations before them...and well...hopefully you can continue on that Carminican tradition." the viscount waved over the footmen attending to he, his brother and mother. He approached the couple carrying on oak box "Alex, I would like you to have this." he open the box to reveal a halo of silver and diamonds. It's the Duchess of St.Anne's Tiara made for HRH The Duchess of St.Anne in 1908, it reverted back to the crown when she passed with no heirs...today it's yours if you accept....."

However kind and graceful, the Countess of St.Michael was shrewd and never missed a beat. Enthralled in conversation with the King, Queen and Princess Royal, the countess listened intently was her youngest son fell for the young Romana princess.

"Well.." the countess raised her voice ever so slightly to gather the rooms attention. "It looks like he have a fairytale in the making,no?" she turned to Princess Alexandra and her son

"Mom..." Viscount Argyle sound with a dry tone

"This is the ever so famous Duchess of Piedmont...the beauty that can start war, intelligence to fight them and heart to create peace. Are these things true?.....from what I can see, yes. Because of that is why I look forward to her future with my son." the first time the countess has ever met the Princess Alexandra, however intimate the setting was, the approval given meant world to his son.

Glad to see that things could actually work out well, Viscount Argyle softly held the princess's hand.

The barge master gently interrupted "Your majesties, royal highnesses, Lords...unfortunately we must depart from the HRMY Eclipse. The dock master was expressed that the carry on so the yacht may dock properly and the regular sea traffic may get under way. The royal barge is awaiting, he gestured to platform and planks leading to the barge.

"Very well, thank Captain Luce." the countess escorted the King and Queen, followed by the remainder of the delegation. Just was they travelled to the yacht, thousand cheered as the Romana royal family accompanied the Carminica royal ashore.

"You think this is something..." Lord Maxwell laughed with the younger royals "Just wait for the after party "the Prime Minister is holding a coronation ball....BUT.... rumour has it that Lord Benning will have a "small" get together after the ceremony. His father will likely be at the coronation ball. Who said we can't make a little courtesy call..."

As the barge reached the dock the meeting of two worlds were complete. From the 61 year old royal barge, the royal were ushered to a large motorcade of black SUVs. Lead by a fleet of motorcycle and followed by a train of support vehicles, the crowed cheered as the they managed to glimpse of the royal before tomorrow be day. Like thunder, the sea of black made their way form the epicentre of well wisher and speed off to.

"Now, some privacy. it feels doesn't it." The countess conversed as the royal party sat gathered in the black limo dawning the Carminican and Romana royal standards. "I understand you have already made arrangement concerning your accommodations but if you are interest, The King has made available Gashead House, the guest house on Pegwell Palace estate. No worries if you can't take on the offer. It was rather last minute but the King wished that you.." she looked to the Romana King and your family receive a full royal treatment."

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Noordeinde wrote:

The Ambassador and Mrs. DeVries were rather surprised to see the Baroness Welward when they disembarked from their car. Both the Ambassador and his wife approached the Baroness and shaked her hand: 'Madam Leader, it is good to see you. Thank you very much for having us with you here today to welcome the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty.' He said.

'According to my husband we did indeed sort out this small problem we had with the Office of the Prime Minister..' Rosemary said: 'However we have been invited to the Coronation Ball and the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty as well - that's what is most important.' She said before her husband interupted: 'And she will absolutely be wearing a wonderfull dress, Madam Leader..' He joked.

In the meanwhile the Vice-Presidential flight touched down on the runway and somewhat later the plane taxied to the tarmac. Eventually the plane came to a halt and the pilots turned-off the engines. Afther a portable steel staircase was placed near the hull of the plane one of the flight attendants opened the front door of the cabin. In the meanwhile the other door - at the back of the plane - was already open as well. Many photographers and journalists rushed down the stairs to catch a glimpse of the Vice-President and Mrs. Flaherty. However the RNSS Agents kept them on an appropriate distance from the Carminican dignataries.

The Vice-President and his wife then approached the Baroness Welward and also shaked her hand: 'Madam Leader, thank you so much for welcomming me and my wife here today. It is a distinct honour and a high privilege for us to attend the coronation tommorow. If I may, I also would like to apologize that President Roosevelt himself was unable to attend - he already had other commitments this week.'

'I also would like to apologize that His Royal Majesty the Grand Duke couldn't come either, Madam Leader. According to himself he is only a Ceremonial Monarch and it is therefore the duty and responsability of the elected President and his government to represent our country abroad. So that is why I am here with my wife, Barbara.' The Vice-President continued while his wife shaked hands with the Baroness.

'The flight was wonderfull, Madam Leader, thank you!' Barbara Flaherty said. In the meanwhile her husband greeted Ambassador DeVries and his wife: 'Mister Ambassador, Rosemary, it's good to see you. How have you been doing - I hope you two like your stay here so far?' He asked. Short thereafther the delegation walked back to the waiting cars.

Just before getting in the car the Vice-President once more shaked hands with the Baroness: 'Madam Leader, once more, thank you very much for your warm welcome! According to my Chief of Staff we'll be going to the Embassy and stay over for tonight at the Ambassador's residence.'

'The Ambassador has organized a reception - at the embassy - for staffmembers and Carminican dignitaries and you are hereby invited too. It would also be nice if you could please pass the invitation onto the Minister of Foreign Affairs as well.
' Thereafther the Vice-President got into the waiting limousine and an Agent on his detail closed the door of the car behind him.

Baroness Welward took the Vice0President's hand once more before he was ushered into the car "Yes Mr.Vice-President....well, it would be an honour to attend the reception. I can also make contact with the ministers office. I'm sure she will be more then happy to attention as well. That is, Mr.Vice-President...if it is not in conflict with any other events. I hear Mrs. DeVries is some hostess, I would love to see it for myself."

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:23 pm

OCC: hey everyone! Sorry i have been a little slow on getting the ceremony. Beside the arrivals, which i have been very happy with, I have had to get back to the hospital for a minor medical issue. I'm home again and all is well, just a little but i can handle it. I intend on starting the coronation soon...maybe later today depending on how I feel. Right now, the plan is to have all foreign head of state and their spouse meet the king and royal family at Carvict Palace for the departure of the to St.George Cathedral. The head of state will follow the king and royal family in a carriage procession. I will post on IC post concerning the details.

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Carvict Palace, Grand Staircase, Lottingham, Carminica

"Yes Sir...umm yes....the duchess has been informed the RSVP were sent for a reason" Mr Carson hurried behind Sir Martin Oakley as the chairperson of the coronation committee finished his duties before the King and royal family departed and the show was no longer in his hands.

"Good." Sir Martin threw on his mourning suit jacket as he rushed down the grand staircase to meet the king, royal family and foreign heads of states that will be taking part in the departure procession "..you would accompanier a lady of her stature would think twice before such silly request, may my stylist accompany for my photo with the King? she must have gone mad? No?"

"Good morning Sir Martin...Mr Carson." the Chief Butler met to two gentlemen in the grand foyer.

"Good afternoon Mr Jives. " Sir Martin collected himself as he, along with the butler and Mr Carson awaited the arrival of the royal family and foreign heads of state "You have some day ahead of you Mr Jive."

"Yes sir, I do. I look forward to it. The household is well prepared. Anyway, you think its going to be busy in here? What until you hit the streets. Apparent the city is a standstill, traffic cant move...people have taken over the streets. Rather exciting."

"Very much so.."Mr Carson remarked as he rummaged through his brief case "...my mother-in-law called me about 2 hours ago. Looks like the police have had to stream line all the cars off the city streets. Too much of a hazard." he handed Sir Michael folder "Here's the procession order. The Master of the Horse changed a few things due to logistics...thought you should take a look before then arrive....by logistics he means that there are not enough state carriages...he had to purchase a number of carriage for the morning. "

Sir Martin took the folder "I mean, the security detail knew all of this before hand. I don't know why they are so surprised. It's all good fun away. no really looking for trouble..just maybe a good view." Sir Martin looked over the final procession order

His Majesty's Horse Guard
Office of the Master of the Horse
Coronation Day Order of Procession from Carvict Palace to St.George's Cathedral

The Royal Family

The King shall depart Carvict Palace escorted by the Royal Life Guard and the household cavalry.

Royal State Coach
HM The King
HM The Queen

The royal family shall depart Carvict Palace escorted by the household carvery.

Genover State Coach
HM Queen Mary, The Queen Mother
HRH The Crown Prince
HRH The Prince Andre
HRH The Princess Keisha

Queen Themla's State Coach
HRH The Duchess of Christchurch
The Duke of Christ Church

Royal Coach
The Marquess of Landsdown
The Earl of Bascombe
The Countess of Bascombe
Lady Olivia Spencer

The Princess Royal's State Coach
HRH The Princess Royal
Capitan Sir Thompson Fellows
HRH The Duke of Rudford
HRH The Duchess of Rudford

Royal Coach
HRH Prince Nathan of Rudford
HRH Prince Zennon
HRH Princess Amilia
HRH Princess Kathrine, Lady Southwater
The Baron Southwater

1932 State Landau
HRH The Countess of St. Michael
The Earl of St.Michael
The Baron of Maxwell
The Viscount Argyle

Lord Dial's Coach
The Baron Dial
The Baroness Dial
The Honourable Kerri Dial

Royal Coach
HRH The Princess Maybelline, Lady Griffin
Sir Warner Griffin
Master Ryan Griffin
Mistress Jennifer Griffin

1910 State Coach
HRH The Duke of St.Andrews
HRH The Duchess of St.Andrews
HRH Prince George of St.Andrews
HRH Princess Victoria of St.Andrews

Princely Coach of Detmold
HH The Prince of Detmold
HH The Princess of Detmold
HH Princess Kathrine of Detmold
HH Princess Diane of Detmold
HH The Dowager Princess of Detmold

Foreign Heads of State

The foreign heads of state and their spouse shall depart Carvict Palace escorted by the household carvery.

The Kingdom of San Pellegrino Romana
Duke of Granthorn's Coach
HM The King
HM The Queen

The Most Serene Principality of Kingborough
Royal Coach
HMSH The Prince of Kingborough
HMSH The Princess Consort of Kingborough

The Imperial Republic New Roman Empire
Royal Coach
HIM The Emperor

The Kingdom of Genovia
Royal Coach
HRH The Princess-consort

The United Royal Lands of Page
Royal Coach
HM The King

The Sultanate of FPCCOS
Royal Coach
HM The Sultan

The United Kingdom of HRH
Royal Coach
HRH The King
HRH The Queen-Consort

The Kingdom of Churchilland
Royal Coach
HM The King
HRH The Duchess of Chartwell

The Kingdom of the Harrowlands
Royal Coach
HM The Queen
HRH The Prince-Consort, The Duke of Picton

The Democratic States of The Land of Truth
Royal Coach
President Korvey

The Republic of Halgard
Royal Coach
President Thorden Gluck
First Lady Anita Gluck

The Western Democratic Germany
Royal Coach
President Dieter Hönigsberger
The First Lady

The Grand Duchy of Noordeinde
Vice-Presidential Limousine & Motorcade
The Rt Hon. Michael Flaherty, Vice President of Noordeinde
Barbara Flaherty, Second Lady of Noordeinde

"Wonderful..." Sir Michael sighed "...now we're going ti need to fin the money to pay for 13 more coaches."

"Sir Michael!.." the footmen ran form the courtyard "...the heads of state of begun to arrive for the procession....cars are pulling in right now."

"Thanks you boy." sir Michael slid the procession chart into his folder " Mr Carson in form the footmen upstairs that the heads of state are arriving. Please...get the family to move faster, time is ticking and we do not want this to go off schedule. "

"Yes Sire." Mr Carson bolted up stairs tot he royal apartments

With Mr Carson gone to rally the royal family, Sir Martin Oakley, Chairperson of the Coronation Committee, and Mr Jive, Chief Butler of the Household, stood surrounded by the vastness of the grand foyer awaiting heads of state.

"Don't worry Mr Jives.." Sir Michael whispered ".. once they arrive and the family ready we will be out of your hair for some while."
Last edited by Carminica on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Carvict Palace, Grand Staircase, Lottingham, Carminica

"Umm is that so?" Queen Mary, The Queen Mother, questioned her grandson as she gripped the railing while slowly making it down the grand staircase to prepare for her departure. "I do hope the ride to the cathedral want become too much of a spectacle....those coach of a nightmare to spend too much time in. I'd rather walk then spend any more time then needed in those things." she giggled as she gently held her dress while making her way down the stairs

"That's right granny..." HRH Prince Louis, The Crown Prince, answered as he held his grandmothers hand while the couple led the sea of Carminican royals down the to the grand foyer before the departure with the rest of the royal "... remember the trooping the colour when the had to change our rout because of the pileup on the east end? Gosh was the a dreadful! It was like riding in a salt shaker!"

A sheen of gold, silver and jewels captured the foyer of the entire Carminican royal family gathered in the grand foyer. One of the few occasions when the entire family could gather in celebration, the mood was joyful and warms as sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles brother and sister shared stories as they awaited the King and Queen-Consort.

"Your royal highnesses..." Sir Michael

"Oh, good morning Sir Michael"HRH The Duchess of Christchurch answered Sir Michael in a with a loud tone was she tried to gather the attention of the guest of the family and give Sir Michael

"Thank you your highness.." he smiled "First off, it is a honour to have the opportunity to greet all this coronation morning. As some of you have heard, the turnout by the public has been more the expected so some fo the raods have been closed. As of now, there have been no change to the procession but if need been there may be changed made to accommodate the changed made by the traffic and roads commission. If each of you can take a look at the procession order designed by the master of the horse..." the Mr Jives handed an order to each of the royal "...as you can see, you have each been assigned a coach from the royal mews. You will escort by an guard of honours and followed by the foreign heads of state attending the ceremony. "

"Wonderful Sir Michael..." HRH The Prince Andre patted the chairmen on his back "..seems like you got this all taken care of. Well done..well done." he gave Sir Michael a short applause which as quickly copied by the clan of royals gathered before him here here...well done Sir Michael where exclaimed as they praised the Chairmen of the Coronation Committee

"OH please" Sir Michael blushed "The honoru is mine. Not only was it a blast to be part of but without the help of you and your offices none of this could have taken place. Thank you, for your dedication to the King and support for the coronation committee....which lead me to my one last request....the foreign heads of state should be arriving shortly, it would be wonderful you can keep them entertained until the King and Queen arrive from upstairs. I mean, they the King should be down shortly and then he will greet the heads of state and finally the procession to the cathedral will take place. It that alright with everyone?"

"No problem!" Lord Maxwell chirped up from the back of the clan "We got this!"

"Very well." Sir Michael giggled

"Don't worry. We will make sure the heads of state get to their coaches and to the cathedral" HRH The Countess of St. Michael reassured the chairmen

Notlet
Attaché

Founded: May 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Notlet » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:59 pm

Notlet wrote:
"Yes, it should be a great day. I hope you manage to find yourself at an bbq or two. " The Marquess of Landsdown grinned as he shook a few hands and waved to the small crowed that had gathered at th ePOrt Devon Dockyard. The only son of HRH Princesss Daphne & The Duke of Christchurch,The Most Honourable Kurtis Becker, the Marquess of Landsdown had not royal and carried out very little royal duties. As with everyone else, the royal family was in full gear and even the often time reluctant Marquess has been commanded to take part in the official greetings.

"You lordship."

"Captain Travis."

The two men firmly shook hands as the Notlet schooner slowly positioned itself.

"Notlet? What do you know about Captain?" Lord Landsdown asked as the schooner came to a full stop at the dock

"Not a thing your lordship.Well...the foriegn advisor to the president is the guest and that's it." Captain Travis responded as he look straight ahead

"Very well then, we shall make the most of it." Lord Landsdown has he nervously rubbed his thumb into his hand

No King, no princess, no president, and no celebrity and the sizable crowed lined along the barriers cheered with glee as Ban Tray and his escort stepped off the Notlet schooner. Bobbing on the water, reporters and cameramen bombarded the foreign adviser from afar with flashes and questions as they waited in their small rented boats.

"Your excellency" Lord Landsdown firmly took Ban Tray's hand as the two met "On behalf of The King, welcome to the Kingdom of Carminica. I trust the sea was cooperative. Did you know you are the first to arrive by sea? " he reminded Ban Tray as he looked to lighten the mood before moving along.

While Notlet and Carminican flags beating in the wind as the two stood and waved to the press gather to their right, a black luxury sedan lead by two police on motorcycles and follow by a police SUV gradually came to a stop at the end of the red carpet the lead to the refurbished Notlet schooner

Lord Landsdown placed his hand on Ban Tray's back and pointed to the car "Your excellency, if you will. We have a long few days ahead, no"

"Ahh yes..." Trays voice was steady and polite. "M'lord. Its a pleasure to be here... after years in that small place in the middle of the ocean Notlet is finally getting out to see the big players." He grinned, relaxing in the chair of the sedan.

"The sea was indeed cooperative, and first by sea? Well that's not alarming considering our nation is more focus on that then air. Lek here is one of the few in the Flyet force. One of the air forces, actually more planes the commercials....." Ban nodded, sharing some of the Notlet ways, the little known nation.

"Well enough about me. This nation... My o my such land! and a proper welcome. Clearly your land is at a utmost high yes? Seems like your all happy, I remember the stories of the past kings we had, but it wasn't like this. Carminica has such a good rhyme too. So, whats first on the agenda? O, Lek? where is that little thing? The Curof?"

Leks face seemed a bit red, it came off by the time he stepped off. A small box he had made growling noises until a piece of cheese made it give a purr.

"aah good. Well as i was saying, whats first to be done?"

OOC: Think you missed it or if not did i make a mistake? XD

Halgard (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Halgard (Ancient) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:47 pm

"Watch your step dear" President Gluck held his wife's hand she made her way up the flight of stair into the palace

"My gosh Thorden...remind me don't to where these heels again. I think they are a little too bag." First Lady Anita reminded her husband as she struggled to keep you feel from sliding from out tall strap on heels

"Don't worry, you look beautiful." The President held the first lady around her waist as they were lead to the rather royal before the procession departure

"Lets hope so!" the first lady laughed "Can you believe this? Among royalty..you and me? this is to much. Just think 8 months ago the party was ready to cast you aside..now you are President and at the coronation... unbelievable."

"I'm just as surprised as you." the president giggled before he was represented

"Good morning Sir Michael...Chairmen oft he Coronation Committee, no?" President Gluck reached to shake Sir Michael's hand"Its a pleasure to be invited to the palace. My wife and I look forward tot he procession. It should be a wonder opportunity to see the people before the ceremony. Has is majesty arrived?"

"Your majesty..." the first lady curtsied before the Queen Mother "...its an honour to be joining the departure procession for the ceremony. My children send their best wishes to your family. 'm sure they are crowded around the TV watching...much like everyone else. The turnout seems to be very strong. I happy to see it...good start to his majesty's reign. By the way...it seems like red is the colour." the first lady jovially laughed with the Queen Mother as they both admired their red dresses

Kingborough
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingborough » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:34 am

Prince Iosac II and his wife the Princess Consort Abaigeal arrived at the Palace having changed into more formal wear - a many layered, pink silk dress of Victorian style for Her Most Serene Highness, and a white tuxedo for His Most Serene Highness. As they ascended into the gathering below the formal staircase, Abaigeal laughingly berated Kingboroughian style.

"We must be so out of fashion, me in this monster of a dress." She laughed, straitening her hair - a many-tiered Victorian style arrangement, braided with dried flowers - absent mindedly.

"My dear, you just positively stunning!" The Prince smiled, accepting the Princess Consorts hand. "Now, shall we meet and greet?"

"Of course, it is what we're here for isn't it."

Smiling both, the Prince and Princess Consort made their way towards to royal gathering, stopping first to wait behind the President and First Lady of Halgard to greet Sir Michael.

When they received their turn, the couple didn't hesitate in greeting the organizer of the event with much enthusiasm. "May I just say, this is a fabulous event and you and your committee have done a simply divine job!" The Princess Consort smiled in greeting, and curtsied. "Everything has been amazing. Do you travel?" She joked, laughing as she stood again.

The Prince offered his hand to shake with Sir Michael. "I echo my wifes sentiments, a spectacular event! We look forward to greeting His Majesty, the future King."
Founder of Nysa

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:33 pm

Halgard wrote:"Watch your step dear" President Gluck held his wife's hand she made her way up the flight of stair into the palace

"My gosh Thorden...remind me don't to where these heels again. I think they are a little too bag." First Lady Anita reminded her husband as she struggled to keep you feel from sliding from out tall strap on heels

"Don't worry, you look beautiful." The President held the first lady around her waist as they were lead to the rather royal before the procession departure

"Lets hope so!" the first lady laughed "Can you believe this? Among royalty..you and me? this is to much. Just think 8 months ago the party was ready to cast you aside..now you are President and at the coronation... unbelievable."

"I'm just as surprised as you." the president giggled before he was represented

"Good morning Sir Michael...Chairmen oft he Coronation Committee, no?" President Gluck reached to shake Sir Michael's hand"Its a pleasure to be invited to the palace. My wife and I look forward tot he procession. It should be a wonder opportunity to see the people before the ceremony. Has is majesty arrived?"

"Your majesty..." the first lady curtsied before the Queen Mother "...its an honour to be joining the departure procession for the ceremony. My children send their best wishes to your family. 'm sure they are crowded around the TV watching...much like everyone else. The turnout seems to be very strong. I happy to see it...good start to his majesty's reign. By the way...it seems like red is the colour." the first lady jovially laughed with the Queen Mother as they both admired their red dresses

"Yes Mr. President" Sir Michael shook the Halgard President's hand vigorously "A good morning it is. The pleasure is our. Far to long has Carminican not seen the presence of the Halgard President. I hear your arrival by sea was rather exciting, the Duke of Rudford has expressed much to do about the Presidential Yacht. Apparently it is quite the ship. "

The Queen Mother chuckled wit the Halgard First Lady "Well, Madame First Lady I can sure you that if you are wearinf red then red is the colour i have every intention on wear as well. A fashion icon like yourself...i'd me foolish not to follow your lead. You are right, there seems to be a rather large crowded assembled. I just hope the children manage to get a good view off it all. i mean, for them it's simply a parade but I wish that they actually get to enjoy it."

"It should be eventful Mr. President. You and the First lady will be taking the royal coach." Sir Michael handed the president a copy of the order of procession

The Harrowlands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Harrowlands » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:52 am

"Splendid, splendid..." remarked Christian as the royal couple entered the grand entrance hall. The whole room seemed to radiate with splendour and majesty. Their eyes were first drawn instinctively upwards to the ornate, dazzling ceiling, a glittering, gilded canvass domineering atop golden-wrought buttresses. They noticed the curtains draping down from the ceiling: aureate, entangled vinery that hung languidly from the heavens. Everywhere they looked they saw intricately-carved ornaments, rich metallic baubles and doodads. Taking it all in, it was a few moments before they realised they were accompanied by others.

"Oh, hello!" chirped Eleanor. "We were just admiring this beautiful hall. Most charming, indeed!"
Puppet of Chelta.

Carminica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 pm

The Harrowlands wrote:"Splendid, splendid..." remarked Christian as the royal couple entered the grand entrance hall. The whole room seemed to radiate with splendour and majesty. Their eyes were first drawn instinctively upwards to the ornate, dazzling ceiling, a glittering, gilded canvass domineering atop golden-wrought buttresses. They noticed the curtains draping down from the ceiling: aureate, entangled vinery that hung languidly from the heavens. Everywhere they looked they saw intricately-carved ornaments, rich metallic baubles and doodads. Taking it all in, it was a few moments before they realised they were accompanied by others.

"Oh, hello!" chirped Eleanor. "We were just admiring this beautiful hall. Most charming, indeed!"

"It's rather something isn't it? " Captain Sir Thomas Fellows, the husband of the Princess Royal, strolled behind the Duke of Picton "..it was much smaller then this up until 1954 when Prince Regent Henry had it remodeled as part of his regency enthronement and then retouched by Queen Selma after the 1982 fire. I must say, the first time I saw it I was rather taken aback as well."

"Good morning you majesty"HRH The Princess Grace, The Princess Royal, the king's sister, lower her head before the Harrowland monarch "it's a pleasure to have you. Yes, it tend to leave that impression on people. I remember as a small child I would run around here playing and saying goodbye to my parents before they went off for official business and what not and pay no attention to the beauty of the room...it's shame how one recognized the beauty in these things so late in life. All that set aside, I have been told that the Harrowland have an beauty that is unmatched...the ability to escape must be refresh to say the least.

"your majesty...your royal highness..." a young coachman bowed before the Queen and Princess Royal "Your majesty, I will be your coachman for the procession. We will be carrying you and the Duke of Picton the King of Churchilland and ahead of the President of the Land of Truth." he pointed out the order of procession on the long parchment distributed just minutes earlier

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents