NATION

PASSWORD

OOC:Preemptive War [MT:Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we throw in the towel?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:03 pm

No
77%
Yes
15%
No, but we need a need a break let's meet up again June 27th
8%

Total votes : 13

Carcassonne
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carcassonne » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:48 am

Why is everyone so quick to assume it was not Britcan planes, older planes could be used from reserve stock or purchaed for this mission. There is no evidence it was not the Brits apart from their word.

Also Esto we are not a new nation, we were a great power centuries ago before a period of isolation. We have a history for thousands of years.
Last edited by Carcassonne on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
But I am a generous King. I can make you rich beyond all measure. I will make you warlord of all the lands before you. You will carry my battle standard to the heart of the Commonwealth. Your rivals will kneel at your feet if you will but kneel at mine.

All that I require is this: a simple offering of earth and water. A token of your submission to the will of Carcassonne.

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:58 am

Carcassonne wrote:Why is everyone so quick to assume it was not Britcan planes, older planes could be used from reserve stock or purchaed for this mission. There is no evidence it was not the Brits apart from their word.

Also Esto we are not a new nation, we were a great power centuries ago before a period of isolation. We have a history for thousands of years.

Because the bombers we used were built in the late 40s and were prop engined planes? We used them until the 80s because we were a technological backwater up until then.
Last edited by Britcan on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Nafistan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Nafistan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:02 am

Car has got a point though. More evidence would be required. I think the pilots of the downed bombers could provide some info?
As reported by the Emissary of the Maharaj of Nafistan

Embassy Program for Nafistan
Nafistan's NS Wiki
Founder of The Commonwealth Society

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:06 am

Viperia wrote:
Viper SF 'Victor Team', Britcani Shore, Cliffside

The Bullets hailed down before they saw the source. Anchova and Chemerkin were hit immediately, the latter fatally but the former only barely. Chemerkin's dead body swung in front of Isyanov just managing to shield him. He breathed a sigh of relief but moments later his rope snapped, it had been hit. He fell and landed on the ORC they arrived in. 'Kill those Pricks Karpol!' he cried as he fell.With that Karpol opened fire, one burst from his far advanced FN P90, equipped with a silencer and Eotech 551 sight,
took out the men that fired upon them. Their comrade rushed to help, his body carried straight over the cliff landing in the water, he had been shot.
Karpol barked 'Lads up now! Set up an all round defense, Malenkov conduct CASAM while I radio the beach landing party and see about some sort of CASEVAC for Isyanov.' The orders were carried out and contact was made.

The Britcani Shore, Three miles away, Staff Sergeant Levitsky, Delta 2

'This is Levitsky of ORC Team Delta 2 Who the fuck are you!', gunfire rained in from all around. 'I am Karpol of Viper SF, Victor ORC team, we are around one mile west of you. We have just scaled the cliff as ordered, we have taken one fatality, one casualty minor and one major. We are otherwise good and safe. By the sounds of it you're in no position to CASEVAC any of us.' the response came as such, 'No we bloody well are'nt, if we could we would but we're kinda being fucked right now. SITREP is we're pinned, we've dealt some damage but not a lot.
We've taken out two bunkers thus far
but as long as there's one we're pinned. We've lost between 8 and 12 men in total but we'll lose more if we attempt anything.' Karpol thought for a moment, 'Right thanks Levitsky, I'm sending my remaining men as a fighting patrol to your position, we will attempt to take out those remaining bunkers and once accomplished we can radio for further orders. Good luck Staff, Victor Out.' Victor Team checked their ammunition, switched from safe to Full Auto and began in the direction of the sounds of gunfire at a quick pace.

Fairly standard godmodding: Saying what happens to your opponents troops.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 am

Nafistan wrote:Car has got a point though. More evidence would be required. I think the pilots of the downed bombers could provide some info?

That seems reasonable.

Carcassonne
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carcassonne » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:16 am

Brit: are you going to acknowledge that you were attacked though? We need to know what happened on the ground, your last post ignored the fact
Last edited by Carcassonne on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
But I am a generous King. I can make you rich beyond all measure. I will make you warlord of all the lands before you. You will carry my battle standard to the heart of the Commonwealth. Your rivals will kneel at your feet if you will but kneel at mine.

All that I require is this: a simple offering of earth and water. A token of your submission to the will of Carcassonne.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:18 am

Carcassonne wrote:Brit: are you going to acknowledge that you were attacked though? We need to know what happened on the ground, your last post ignored the fact

Wait what?
*checks thread*
How did I manage to miss that. :blink:

I'll get a post up ASAP.

Syrakhstan
Envoy

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrakhstan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:24 am

Nafistan wrote:Car has got a point though. More evidence would be required. I think the pilots of the downed bombers could provide some info?

There were three bombers total:
The one that crashed into the airport terminal.
The one that crashed into Ionian waters after firing a missile at the Sultan's Airbus.
While the demise of the other one was never truly posted.
DEFCON: [2]
Tech Level Varies: (Technology ranging from 1191-2012)
[When I do past tech, I tend to toss in a just a bit of Fantasy.]
Current Roleplays: None.
If you have to ask, you'll never know. If you know, you need only ask.

Kherkov
Senator

Founded: May 13, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:26 am

I've sort of already accepted that it wasn't Britcan and it was Syrah.
I did contact the King of Britcan though. Sort of going by his word... that ok..?
+ England expects that every man will do his duty +

Co-Founder of the RP Region The Commonwealth Society
Regional Factbook | Join our Discord | Kherkov Factbook
Nation is RP - not equal to RL views

Ashebourton
Envoy

Founded: Nov 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ashebourton » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:02 am

@Syrakhstan -- are you planning on bombing the objective beach with nuclear weapons?

Minister of Defense, The Commonwealth Society
The Dominion of Ashebourton
Prince Robert A.H. Espinosa I

"If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles." - Karl von Clausewitz

Force Protection Level 12345

Syrakhstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrakhstan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:15 am

Kherkov wrote:I've sort of already accepted that it wasn't Britcan and it was Syrah.
I did contact the King of Britcan though. Sort of going by his word... that ok..?

Yeah, it was what's called a false flag operation. It's kind of an international hit or miss.

Some pretty much confirmed RL false flag operations are:
  • USS Maine "The Remember the Maine Battle Cry"
  • USS Liberty - Israeli ships attacked the USS Liberty, the USS Liberty sent out two distress calls both ships that responded were called back Lyndon Johnson. The USA planned to blame it on Egypt and later invade Egypt for the attack.

Ashebourton wrote:@Syrakhstan -- are you planning on bombing the objective beach with nuclear weapons?

And breaking my own RP rules... ;) no. If you read the post it was stated that A. it's not actually a nuclear weapon, B. if you read into the post I haven't developed one yet. C. It's meant to look like a very convincing mockery of one to deter any attempts at an invasion to scare any nations thinking of invading.

Britcan wrote:
Viperia wrote:
Viper SF 'Victor Team', Britcani Shore, Cliffside

The Bullets hailed down before they saw the source. Anchova and Chemerkin were hit immediately, the latter fatally but the former only barely. Chemerkin's dead body swung in front of Isyanov just managing to shield him. He breathed a sigh of relief but moments later his rope snapped, it had been hit. He fell and landed on the ORC they arrived in. 'Kill those Pricks Karpol!' he cried as he fell.With that Karpol opened fire, one burst from his far advanced FN P90, equipped with a silencer and Eotech 551 sight,
took out the men that fired upon them. Their comrade rushed to help, his body carried straight over the cliff landing in the water, he had been shot.
Karpol barked 'Lads up now! Set up an all round defense, Malenkov conduct CASAM while I radio the beach landing party and see about some sort of CASEVAC for Isyanov.' The orders were carried out and contact was made.

The Britcani Shore, Three miles away, Staff Sergeant Levitsky, Delta 2

'This is Levitsky of ORC Team Delta 2 Who the fuck are you!', gunfire rained in from all around. 'I am Karpol of Viper SF, Victor ORC team, we are around one mile west of you. We have just scaled the cliff as ordered, we have taken one fatality, one casualty minor and one major. We are otherwise good and safe. By the sounds of it you're in no position to CASEVAC any of us.' the response came as such, 'No we bloody well are'nt, if we could we would but we're kinda being fucked right now. SITREP is we're pinned, we've dealt some damage but not a lot.
We've taken out two bunkers thus far
but as long as there's one we're pinned. We've lost between 8 and 12 men in total but we'll lose more if we attempt anything.' Karpol thought for a moment, 'Right thanks Levitsky, I'm sending my remaining men as a fighting patrol to your position, we will attempt to take out those remaining bunkers and once accomplished we can radio for further orders. Good luck Staff, Victor Out.' Victor Team checked their ammunition, switched from safe to Full Auto and began in the direction of the sounds of gunfire at a quick pace.

Fairly standard godmodding: Saying what happens to your opponents troops.

I have to agree Viperia, you'll need to edit your post. That's one RP warning
Last edited by Syrakhstan on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:23 am

Ok, Thanks.
Someone lectured me on a false flag before :P
Just wanted to know that you were ok with me going by Britcan's word.

Viperia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Viperia » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:24 am

Oh OK, I apologize, this is my first RP so I kinda didn't know i wasn't allowed to say that. I''l change it and would of earlier but I only just found this OOC thing through Kherkov. Can I possibly be let off as I didn't know and realistically its not that outrageous, three inexperienced reserve troops being killed by seven Elite Special Forces troops. But anyway sorry :( I'll change it as soon as i can.

Syrakhstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrakhstan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:56 am

Viperia wrote:Oh OK, I apologize, this is my first RP so I kinda didn't know i wasn't allowed to say that. I''l change it and would of earlier but I only just found this OOC thing through Kherkov. Can I possibly be let off as I didn't know and realistically its not that outrageous, three inexperienced reserve troops being killed by seven Elite Special Forces troops. But anyway sorry :( I'll change it as soon as i can.

The OOC Thread is in the OP of thread, and is in the largest font size allowed possible. Size 200. Also it's thinking like that, that can lead to godmodding, each of those soldiers has a history, and you don't know whether they're inexperienced or not. Same nation's reserve troops are more experienced then their combat troops, why? Simply because their reserve troops are forced to do absolutely nothing but train day in and day out, and they're woken up in the middle of the night for odd rigorous drills, and they're bed bunks sheets even so much as have a crease in it their mattresses are thrown on to the floor. While special forces are normally trained over the course of five to eight years and then thrown into combat.

Can I possibly be let off as I didn't know.

It was right there for you, if we let one person off we'll need to let everyone off. Sorry.

Viperia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Viperia » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Syrakhstan wrote:The OOC Thread is in the OP of thread, and is in the largest font size allowed possible. Size 200. Also it's thinking like that, that can lead to godmodding, each of those soldiers has a history, and you don't know whether they're inexperienced or not. Same nation's reserve troops are more experienced then their combat troops, why? Simply because their reserve troops are forced to do absolutely nothing but train day in and day out, and they're woken up in the middle of the night for odd rigorous drills, and they're bed bunks sheets even so much as have a crease in it their mattresses are thrown on to the floor. While special forces are normally trained over the course of five to eight years and then thrown into combat.

It was right there for you, if we let one person off we'll need to let everyone off. Sorry.

Fine.

Nafistan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Nafistan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:23 am

Syrakhstan wrote:

There were three bombers total:
The one that crashed into Ionian waters after firing a missile at the Sultan's Airbus.

Well it seems the one that crashed into the airport terminal maybe could still ave survivors?
As reported by the Emissary of the Maharaj of Nafistan

Embassy Program for Nafistan
Nafistan's NS Wiki
Founder of The Commonwealth Society

Syrakhstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrakhstan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:41 am

Nafistan wrote:
Syrakhstan wrote:There were three bombers total:

Well it seems the one that crashed into the airport terminal maybe could still ave survivors?

The average, strategic/bomber carries only one to two passengers so I would right that ones dead the pilot, and the co-pilot is barely standing

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:31 am

I see you've responded to my propaganda campaign syrakhstan xD

Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:37 am

What to post...
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

Syrakhstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrakhstan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 am

Kherkov wrote:I see you've responded to my propaganda campaign syrakhstan xD

Maybeh... :unsure:

Syrakhstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrakhstan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:21 am

Britcan wrote:*snip* The few survivors we have recovered were wearing Nafistani uniforms,although none of those recovered seem to be able to speak Nafali. We haven't been able to identify any of the survivors as officers as of yet." *snip*

Although not godmodding more so a post fallacy. Almost every Navy Ship captain in the modern word, is required to be incredibly multilingual knowing how to speak the top five most used languages in the world at least, along with the neighboring nations languages. Go with something like "We were able to request the captain blah blah, who speaks blah blah, however does so with a Syrakhstani accent."

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:37 am

Syrakhstan wrote:
Britcan wrote:*snip* The few survivors we have recovered were wearing Nafistani uniforms,although none of those recovered seem to be able to speak Nafali. We haven't been able to identify any of the survivors as officers as of yet." *snip*

Although not godmodding more so a post fallacy. Almost every Navy Ship captain in the modern word, is required to be incredibly multilingual knowing how to speak the top five most used languages in the world at least, along with the neighboring nations languages. Go with something like "We were able to request the captain blah blah, who speaks blah blah, however does so with a Syrakhstani accent."

I thought the captain had died?

Syrakhstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrakhstan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:39 am

Britcan wrote:
Syrakhstan wrote:

I thought the captain had died?

The ninety something year old general did.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:40 am

Syrakhstan wrote:
Britcan wrote:I thought the captain had died?

The ninety something year old general did.

I assumed he was the captain. I'll edit now.

Syrakhstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrakhstan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:08 am

Syrakhstan wrote:
The IC thread can be found here: Pre-Emptive War.
  • This thread is Out of character only: OOC
  • Each player gets four warnings total;
    First warning: you're requested: To take a step back read your post, and not post in the RP for one hour.
    Second warning: you're requested to take a step back read and adjust your post accordingly and not post in the RP for two hours.
    Third warning: We request you bring your post an NSMentor's attention of your choice and ask them where you went wrong in your post and what you can do to improve it. The time penalty for a third warning is three hours.
    Fourth Warning: We kindly ask that you remove yourself from the RP, however you're welcome to keep more than watching.
  • Anyone can receive a warning regardless of position even the OP.
  • How warnings are determined: A posts must be quoted here, and specific godmodding elements highlighted in red, and up to or more than three people must agree (including the person question the post) that the post is a god mod, or has god mod elements. If the post is determined to have god mod elements than three or more people who agreed that it did have god mod elements are to give advice to the poster on how to improve the post.
  • No puppet nations as allies.
  • Do your best to avoid posts shorter than fifteen sentences.
  • No use of nuclear weapons.
  • Some people have awesome computers with great Internet connections, others have prehistoric computers with DSL please restrict one photo per post and be mindful of its size [leave something to the imagination ;)]
  • As of June 10th, 2012 if you haven't telegrammed Syrakhstan you're not allowed to join the RP
User Warnings:
Estovakia 13: Warnings [1].
Viperia: Warnings [1].
Neutral Nations:

Joint Powers:

Base Powers:

Intervening Nations:

Victimized Nations:
  • Wananda (South eastern province invaded before a declaration of war by Syrakhstan under false pre-tenses)
  • Nafistan (Teknaf international airport bombed by under a false flag operation)

Thread Contents:
  1. In The Beginning.
  2. Repercussions.
  3. Calls For Peace.
  4. No Bullshit.
  5. Turn The Tides of War.
  6. True Colors.
  7. War Hits Home.
  8. The Slap Heard Round The World.
  9. Bulls-eye.
  10. A new Czar.
  11. Objective Lima.
  12. Carcassonne Goes to War.
  13. False displays of Power.

I kind of just grabbed posts from the thread that I hoped evenly split the RP.

Edited: to make the RP easier to follow for everybody.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents