NATION

PASSWORD

Cardassians today, Gorn tomorrow [FT only/Ask]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Holy Trek
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Cardassians today, Gorn tomorrow [FT only/Ask]

Postby Holy Trek » Tue May 29, 2012 10:15 pm

OCC: This is more or less something I'm gonna do myself. It's not that I won't allow others to join in, but this is primarily my story. I ask that interested persons please TG me before you start posting. Obviously, if you don't use future-tech, you can't join, as this will be heavily in the future-tech, Star Trek universe (a.k.a I'll be using predominant Trek tech). Anyone who wants to do a news network point-of-view, then again, TG me to ask.

IC:
Background
As the Humans in Holy Trek prepare to explore the first galaxy outside the Milky Way, designated Galaxy 23-A, the other founder races in the empire are preparing to bring their homeworlds into the empire, and expand the number of capital worlds from two to seven. Each capital world would also mean that the other worlds within the old empires would also be brought into Holy Trek (OOC: I will likely do a few RPs in which each of the founder races gets a spotlight. None of them will be destroyed, but the stories will be interesting). The Klingons have just moved into an area known as Betreka, where they've had a military clash with the Cardassians. Tensions are on the verge of snapping, and war is very likely. To further complicate things, the reptilian Gorn have begun provoking the Romulans, and this could spell further disaster.
ALSO RP AS: Federate Cherokee State, New Aztlan
Founder/member of: Dual Monarchy of Holy Trek-Inuyashina, Intergalactic Federacy and member of ANTO
Type VII, Tier I Civilization
Pro: Obamacare, gun control, choice, gay rights, Israel, Church and State separation, Liberalism
Anti: Theocracy, Tea Party, Radical Republicans, Limbaugh, Palin, Cruz, Conservatism
My nation reflects certain of my OOC and RL beliefs, a few of which are listed. Don't like it? Don't engage me in debate.
MT nation: Imperial Columbia PT nation: Levantine Empire of Palmyra
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Wed May 30, 2012 4:38 pm

OOC: Modification to the earlier statement made: Anyone interested in RPing in this thread should TG me before making any posts (IC or OOC). I must again stress that this is entirely future-tech. However, if you have tech other than Star Trek (Star Wars, Stargate, BSG..) you can use them. Just be aware this is set in the Star Trek realm. Observer "news networks" can be done in this thread too, so if you prefer to act as a news agency (and save on alot of RP planning), do so. The Cardassians and Gorn are NPCs that I'll rp. Thank you.

IC:

Raknal sector, just outside Klingon-administered Imperial territory. IKS Ya'Vang

Captain K'Vada looked forward to exploring this area just outside Imperial space. The Klingon High Command, subordinated to the Imperial High Command, wanted to explore this uncharted area of space in search of new worlds, and new civilizations. After word had gotten out that the former capital worlds of the Klingon, Romulan, and Bajoran nations would be incorporated into the empire, a scramble had begun, to claim as many systems on the fringes as possible and present the Imperial Parliament with a fait accompli. He continued to muse as he rose from his throne-like seat at the center of the Bridge and began to make his rounds. He never spoke to the other officers, just glanced over their shoulders to see what they were up to, grunted in approval or growled in disapproval, then moved on. For the most part, he growled very little. His crew were hardy veterans of the pre-Imperial days when the Klingons were masters of an empire of their own. The crews of the other K'Tinga-class ships in his six-ship task force were also veterans. He, however, commanded the most respect, which was reflected in the fact that he alone commanded a newer class of ship, a Vor'Cha-class starship.

The navigator, a grizzled war-hound named Tagan, smiled as he looked over his display console.

Tagan - "We've just entered the Raknal sector, Captain."

K'Vada - "Begin scanning the sector."

As he walked back to the front of the Bridge, toward the viewscreen, he had to admit to himself that he was enjoying the mission. This would be the first time he'd led an expedition that did not involve combat. Granted, he was a warrior, and as such, he savored the fight as much as any normal Klingon, but there were times that a Klingon needed to be a warrior and times when a Klingon needed to be an explorer.

Tagan - "I've detected a triple-star system, a cometary Oort cloud, and a Class-5 nebula. There are also five systems with Class-D planetoids. We would require surveys to learn what resources those worlds hold."

The Science Officer, the only female Klingon among the otherwise all-male crew named Kirak, walked to where K'Vada stood looking out at the starscape on the viewer.

Kirak - "I'd like to investigate that nebula. Could be some valuable technical intel we could garner, to help develop stronger shields and better sensors."

K'Vada - "Study a cloud? If I wanted to do that, I'd return to Mempa IV or Narendra III."

Kirak - "The scientific and technological advances we could learn would be well worth a few hours of 'studying a cloud', Captain."

K'Vada - "Very well then. Let's go look at your cloud. Helm, order all ships to follow us to coordinates 1-2-6 mark 5-4-1. Full impulse until we reach the perimeter."

He stole one final, annoyed glance at Kirak, before returning to his seat. For her part, Kirak returned to her station behind and to the left of the captain's chair and back to her work. She knew she had to walk a tightrope with the captain, as her House was a relatively minor house.

Raknal Station, deep inside the nebula

Gul Travan was uncertain why he had been relegated to what was the most unimportant outpost in the Union. Far removed from the more welcoming systems of the Cardassian Union, Raknal Station had been established with the sole purpose of learning all there was to know about the Cardassian-christened Betreka Nebula, and the Oort cloud nearby. The outpost had few ships guarding it, fewer troops, and the weapons had never even been tested on the occasional rocks that floated past. He was surrounded by eager young glinns looking to make themselves so valuable to the Central Command that they would be promoted and sent to more promising areas.

He stood just below the short rampway that led to the Commander's Office, overlooking the Ops Center. Watching the younger officers carry on their tasks eagerly and happily made him all the more irritable. Damned eager young voles, he thought bitterly as he watched them. He was about to turn and walk back into his Office when one of the glinns, Kelvan, looked up at the gul with alarm on his face.

Kelvan - "Sir, I detect six ships of alien origin on the perimeter of the sector."

Travan - "Unknown origin? Probably those damned Elasi pirates, or Lissepian smugglers."

Kelvan - "Negative sir. They aren't traveling in the standard Elasi formation, and they don't appear to be as slow as the Lissepians."

Travan - "Better inform the Central Command. This could be a first-contact situation. Have our shields activated, but do not charge the weapons yet. We don't want to appear too unwelcoming to these guests."

Kelvan - "Yes sir."

Travan walked back into his office, then called up the sensor telemetry of the six alien ships. Hope this proves more exciting than staring at floating rocks and gaseous clouds, he thought ruefully.
Founder/member of: Dual Monarchy of Holy Trek-Inuyashina, Intergalactic Federacy and member of ANTO
Pro: Obamacare, gun control, choice, gay rights, Israel, Church and State separation, Liberalism
Anti: Theocracy, Tea Party, Radical Republicans, Limbaugh, Palin, Cruz, Conservatism
My nation reflects certain of my OOC and RL beliefs, a few of which are listed. Don't like it? Don't engage me in debate.
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Wed May 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Imperial Palace, Enterprise. Earth

His Imperial Majesty Michael I sat on his throne in his private chamber. With him was the Foreign Minister, Dax, the War Minister, Martok, and Klingon captain Kurn. They had come to report on the final preparations for incorporation of Qo'nos into the empire. While Michael I was enjoying a cup of Earl Grey tea, Dax was savoring the flavor of his allira punch. Both Martok and Kurn had steins of warnog in their hands.

Michael I - "We will have to mark the occasion of the Incorporation of Qo'nos with a parade through the Klingon sector of the capital."

Dax - "No doubt security will be on high alert for any drunken brawls that get too far out of hand?"

Michael I - "No doubt."

Martok - "It will be a day worthy of song. The world from which He Who Shall Return will once again be the seat of Klingon administration. The empire will be that much stronger now. And Qo'nos will need a governor worthy of the role."

Michael I - "I agree. That's why I asked Kurn to join us. I cannot think of a more worthy warrior than he....aside from you, Martok. But, I need you here."

Kurn - "I'm most honored that you see me as a worthy governor. I cannot refuse such an honor from one as honorable as you, Majesty. I accept."

Michael I - "Splendid. I'm sure there is a Klingon ritual involved, and I will not interfere with that. But I'd like to hold a brief ceremony during the celebration to confirm your elevation."

Martok - "Agreed. There will be plenty of bloodwine for the drinking."

At that moment, Martok's personal comm-device beeped. Startled by it, and not wishing to give offense to the emperor, Martok rose from his seat.

Martok - "Excuse me, Majesty. I must take this call."

Michael I nodded, dismissing the War Minister, who turned and walked out to the main corridor. Once the doors closed, he activated the return signal.

Voice - "Minister, we received a report from the Raknal sector. Captain K'Vada has reached a Class-5 nebula."

Martok - "Why would he be looking at a cloud?"

Voice - "His science officer wished to collect data that could be useful in shield design and hull-plating."

Martok - "Very well. Keep me informed. Martok out."
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Thu May 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Raknal Station

Glinn Kelvan continued to watch the unknown ships as they entered the Betreka Nebula. They didn't seem to have seen the station yet, but they were closing. Wonder if I need to charge the weapons?, he thought as he watched them draw slowly closer. At that moment, Gul Travan emerged from his Office, looking concerned. Must've contacted Central Command about these visitors, Kelvan thought again.

Travan - "Damn those voles in the Detepa Council! They're wanting us to initiate contact with those ships out there!"

Kelvan - "Sir, they have yet to detect us. Wouldn't it be more prudent if we simply waited them out?"

Travan - "Kelvan, this is the one outpost standing between the Union and those unknowns. I'm not about to allow them to slip through this nebula unchallenged. Zarkan, have the docked cruisers form up just inside our shield perimeter. Tell them to be armed and ready for a fight. Kelvan, charge the weapons. Mavek, send a challenge to those ships, tell them to leave Cardassian space at once."

Mavek - "This isn't Cardassian space, sir. We're just outside the Union's borders."

Travan - "I'm taking the bold and decisive step in declaring the Betreka Nebula and that ball of rock named Raknal V Cardassian."

Mavek went slack-jawed, as did Kelvan. Zarkan was too engaged in coordinating with the ship commanders to have paid any attention, which was what Travan liked about him. Once he was given a task, he went straight to work on it, no hesitation.

Travan *to Kelvan and Mavek* - "You HEARD my orders. Execute them, or execute yourselves!"

Outside Raknal Station...

The four Cardassian Galor-class ships formed up inside the shield perimeter of the station, and charged their weapons systems. None of the commanders understood why Gul Travan was being challenging to the newcomers, but they all understood their duty to the state.
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:19 pm

IKS Ya'Vang, inside the Betreka Nebula

Tagan had been scanning inside the nebula for four hours before something caught his attention. It was a metallic mass near the center of the nebular cloud, and there appeared to be an energy signature with the mass. He called Science Officer Kirak to his station and they both reviewed the sensor data.

Tagan - "What do you think?"

Kirak - "I can only surmise that that is an artificial mass, a station perhaps."

Tagan - "This close to Klingon territory? Who from the Outlands would set up a station close to four Klingon-held Imperial sectors?"

Kirak - "I'm not certain. All I know is that there is now an artificial metallic mass with an energy signature in the heart of this nebula."

Tagan *over the intercomm* - "Captain K'Vada to the Bridge"

Minutes later, a belching Captain K'Vada entered the Bridge. He had just come from the galley, and had the telltale bits of gagh still embedded in his beard. He was not very happy to have his meal interrupted.

K'Vada - "What do you want?"

Tagan - "We've detected a mass inside the nebula. It's not a natural occurance. It also shows an energy reading. Kirak has theorized that it could be a station."

K'Vada - "A station? This close to the empire? That is intolerable. Whoever is operating that base could be spying on us. Move us in closer. Gunner, charge up the disruptors and torpedoes."

Tagan - "Captain, the station has scanned us!"

K'Vada - "Order the other ships to assume battle formation at once!"

From the back of the Bridge, the Communications officer, a yINTAgh of a Klingon named Krell, looked up in surprise.

Krell - "Captain, they've been trying to send a message to us, but we do not know their language. We've never encountered them before."

Tagan - "That could explain why I just detected four other metallic masses break off from the main one. Could be ships arrayed in attack formation."

K'Vada - "So they wish to delude us into believing they're here in peace, then stab us in the back. Cowards! We will meet them head-on, like warriors. Krell, send word back to Martok and the emperor. We have intruders on our borders and I intend to engage them."

Tagan - "Intercept in 13 minutes, captain. The hostiles are charging their weapons, so is the station."

Raknal Station, at the same time..

Glinn Kelvan panicked as the alien ships adjusted course. They were now on a direct course for the station. He began to wonder if this would be his last assignment in Cardassia's military, knowing that those alien ships out there were capable of annihilating the station even with four ships defending it. Just above him, hovering over Zarkan's station, Gul Travan looked frustrated.

Zarkan - "There's been no response from the alien ships, and they've now diverted power to their shields and weapons."

Travan - "Damn them! I do not intend to give this sector to those unknown alien interlopers. Have the weapons arrays charged."

Zarkan - "Weapons charged and ready. Should I have the ships move to intercept the aliens?"

Travan *looking horrified* - "Absolutely not! They will remain close to the station. If they leave and get blasted by those intruder ships, we have no means of overpowering them."

Mavek - "Recommend we contact Central Command and request reinforcements to hold this nebula."

Travan - "Do it. We'll need more firepower if we're to hold this cloud for the Cardassians."

Mavek began working the console, but as the beeps indicated, he was making no progress. Then he saw why. No communications were possible because the frequencies had been jammed by the alien ships approaching fast.

Mavek - "Frequencies are being deliberately jammed by the hostiles. I--"

A new shrilling sound alerted Mavek to an incoming hail, from the advancing alien ships.

Mavek - "Sir, I have a hail from the incoming hostiles. I don't recognize their language, but there seems to be one word I was able to identify."

Travan - "What word?"

Mavek - "I believe we now have an identity to those aliens. They're Klingons."

Travan - "Do we have records of encounters with these..Klingons?"

Mavek - "Nothing in Central Database, and nothing in the Obsidian Order records."

Kelvan - "I have targeting solutions from the Klingon fleet. They've targeted us, sir."

Narration
The Cardassians didn't wait for the Klingons to open fire first. They struck with a massive phaser barrage which struck the shields of the incoming Klingon ships. As shields flared brightly against the darkness, the Klingon ships returned fire, not at the station, but at the four ships protecting it. Crisscrosses of orange and green energy ripped the dark of space as both sides pounded each other ruthlessly. At the end of the first run by the Klingons, the Cardassian warships Grozak and Azanja had taken heavy damage. Of the Klingon ships, the cruiser N'Char had taken the most damage. Yet in all three cases, the crew were determined to fight on. Word of the battle reached the Imperial capital and the Klingon world of Qo'nos at the same time, and from there, it spread throughout the empire and even beyond. The Klingon-Cardassian War had begun.
Factbooks coming soon!

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:06 pm

*Special Report from ICT
This is Biyu Lin
reporting to you live from the Imperial Palace. We have received word that a fleet of Klingon ships from our neighboring nation Holy Trek came under fire today. They were exploring a nebula cloud in the Raknal sector when four unidentified ships opened fire on them. Communications Director Hoshi Sato has agreed to host a press conference and will be here shortly. Here she comes! Miss Sato, just a few questions. First, Who is the captain in charge of the expedition which came under attack? Second, Has the Klingon local government responded to this attack? Third, Will the Imperial Starfleet get involved in the fighting, or will the Diplomatic Corps attempt to intervene with mediation? And fourth,What is the stance of the Dual Monarchy on this incident?

We'll follow this story very closely. This is Biyu Lin for ICT.
Honor counts for naught when it causes innocents to be sacrificed.

Proud Member of the League of Anime Lovers

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Imperial Palace, Enterprise. Press Conference on the Klingon-Cardassian War

Hoshi Sato had been charged with responding to the public speculation and rumor about the Klingon-Cardassian War. She was not prepared for the deluge of questions, and nearly had a breakdown. Acting on advice given her by her friend and colleague Marta McGivens, Sato decided to hold a press conference outside the Imperial Palace in what was designated the Pedestal. She took her place at the Pedestal and raised her hand to silence the crowd of reporters.

Sato - "I'm Communications Director Hoshi Sato, and I'm here to give you the official report concerning the outbreak of war between the Klingons and a race unknown in the empire called Cardassians. What we know so far is that the Cardassians opened fire on a Klingon expedition in the Betreka Nebula after attempts by both sides to communicate with each other failed. The battle is still raging as we speak, and there are now reports that the Klingons are amassing a force to launch an invasion of what we think is Cardassian space. We don't have the exact defined boundaries of that space, all we know is that it's outside the jurisdiction of the empire. Now, I'm allowed to take ten questions only, so who will be first?"

Lin - "This is Biyu Lin from ICT. Who is the captain in charge of the expedition which came under attack?"

Sato - "Captain K'Vada. He's a veteran of many years, and is a close friend to General Korrd."

Lin - "Has the Klingon local government responded to this attack?"

Sato - "As I just said, the Klingon Defense Force is amassing a fleet for an invasion of what we believe to be Cardassian space. They may enter through the Betreka Nebula, we do not know."

Lin - "Will the Imperial Starfleet get involved in the fighting, or will the Diplomatic Corps attempt to intervene with mediation?"

Sato - "As of now, there are no plans to intervene either militarily or diplomatically. This is considered an internal matter relating to the Klingons. Unless one or both sides request intervention, then we will simply stay neutral."

Lin - "What is the stance of the Dual Monarchy on this incident?"

Sato - "The stance of the Dual Monarchy mirrors the stance of the Imperial government. They will take a neutral position unless a request to intervene is forthcoming from either party."

She answered a few more questions, then raised her hand again.

Sato - "I'm sorry, that's all the time I have for questions. I'll have more when we learn more. Thank you"

She hurriedly left the Pedestal and disappeared back into the Palace.
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Betreka Nebula, Raknal sector

The Cardassian ships had been strafed by the Klingons four times, and lost the Azanja in the third strafing run. By contrast, the N'Char, Amar, and G'Dok had been destroyed. Nonetheless, both sides continued to war at the very heart of the Betreka Nebula.

Raknal Station

Gul Travan was trying desperately to send an SOS to Central Command, but the continued jamming of the subspace frequencies by the Klingons was making it more and more impossible. He growled, cursed, and even kicked the communications console in a futile effort to get a message through. Across from him, and manning the weapons station, Zarkan continued to try and force the Klingons to spread themselves out and thus expose themselves to devastating fire from the two undamaged patrol ships. There had been no action from the Prakesh since they had taken a hit to their engineering section. On the lower deck, Kelvan and Mavek continued to coordinate the defense of the station with the two surviving ships.

Kelvan - "Grozak has been hit again. They've lost all shields!"

Travan - "Damn. Try to beam as many people off that ship as possible. I don't intend to leave them at the mercy of those barbaric Klingons."

Mavek - "If we drop our shields, they'll target us, possibly even board the station."

Travan - "Have Security repel all boarders. Those people are coming off that ship. Kelvan, begin transport now!"

Kelvan sighed as he began lowering the shields and evacuating the personnel of the Grozak. On the oval virtuascreen, Grozak listed as the Klingons continued to strafe the crippled ship mercilessly. Suddenly a loud explosion sent everyone to the floor. Through the smoke and haze, Travan managed to pull himself to his feet, then started looking for the rest of his crew. Kelvan rose, a gash across his forehead, and returned to his station, calling up a damage report. Zarkan rose even slower than Kelvan, and the reason became plain when he rose just enough for Travan to see that his left arm had been severed by shrapnel. The arm itself lay a couple of feet away from the wounded Cardassian. Zarkan was clearly in pain, but he returned to his station. Mavek lay dead at his console.

Kelvan - "We just lost the shields. The Klingons did exactly what I had warned they would do."

Zarkan - "We've also lost weapons. We now have only the one cruiser to defend us, and they're under heavy fire."

Travan suddenly grew wide-eyed, as his monitor showed that a window in the Klingon jamming had opened up, and he was able to send the SOS. The moment he did, however, he began to wonder if that had been the intent of the Klingons. His period of deep thought was interrupted by a sound all-too familiar to them from the various drills Travan himself had run for the crew, to prepare them for the unspeakable...
...Intruders.

Kelvan - "I have tranporter activity on decks 5,6,7 and the Promenade. Klingons. I count 42 in total."

Travan - "Have Security cut them off at the Promenade. They must not be allowed to breach the line there, or nothing will stop them from reaching Ops."

Another explosion caused the surviving crew to collapse to the floor again. Travan rose to his feet again, this time with a large gash on his face running from his right eye to his jaw, the result of the console he had been working at erupting in sparks and shrapnel. Kelvan called back from his own ruined station.

Kelvan - "Deflector shields around Ops have been destroyed."

It was then that several red transporter beams appeared in locations all over Ops. The Klingons had taken the station. As Klingon troops raised their weapons, one among a group of battle-ready troops stepped forward, a smile on his dark face.

K'Vada - "I am Captain K'Vada of the Klingon Defense Force. I believe this station is inside our space, and is now therefore claimed by the Klingons in the name of the Intergalactic Empire of Holy Trek."

IKS Ya'Vang, moments earlier.

Captain K'Vada was howling in fury as, on the viewscreen, N'Char exploded. The ship had been severely damaged by the Cardassians in the opening round of the battle. Amar had been damaged in the same attack run, but managed to continue the attack on the station, finally succumbing to destruction, but not before finally delivering the Cardassian ship Azanja to the afterlife.

Tagan - "Sir, G'Dok is losing its shields!"

K'Vada - "Have them take evasive until their shields are restored."

Tagan - "They can only manuever on thrusters."

K'Vada growled again. May they die well, he thought as he watched the ship come under fire from the hated Cardassian station and rip itself to pieces.

K'Vada - "Stand by to target the shield generators on that pile of garbage. As soon as they drop their shields to rescue the crew of that cruiser, open fire."

Tagan - "Yes, Captain."

Krell - "Sir, the cruiser is defenseless. We can finish them off with a salvo of torpedoes."

K'Vada - "No. They will serve as the bait for a much bigger prize. I want that station"

Seconds ticked by as the firefight continued. Every now and then, the Bridge would rock with the impact of Cardassian phaser fire. Finally the beep from Tagan's console confirmed that the station had dropped its shields and was now rescuing the crew of the doomed cruiser. As ordered, Tagan commenced a lethal volley of disruptor and torpedo fire on the generators, joined by two of the closest Klingon ships. K'Vada was rewarded with the explosion which destroyed the shield generators.

K'Vada - "Begin landing operations. I want that station secured."

Tagan - "Transporter Room, and all ships, begin transport operations."

Krell - "Sir, one of our battlecruisers has just lost power. Their emergency backups have failed. There is a gap in the jamming field."

K'Vada - "Compensate! They must not be allowed to get a message out!"

Krell - "Too late, sir. A message has gotten out."

K'Vada roared in fury at this development. Now that these intruders have warned their kind, they will be better prepared for us, he thought bitterly. He picked up his chair and flung it at the viewscreen, causing the screen to shatter and sparks to fly in all directions.

K'Vada - "TARGET THE DEFLECTOR ARRAY PROTECTING THE COMMAND CENTER! I WANT THAT STATION!!"

Tagan did as instructed, and minutes later another explosion blossomed from the central hub of the wheel-like station.

Krell - "We have control of decks 5,6,7 and the hub area. There are firefights erupting there."

K'Vada - "Transporter Room, stand by to beam a boarding party directly to their Command Center. Krell, Tagan, with me. Kirak, you have the ship."

A group of twelve Klingon troops entered the Bridge, armed heavily. Krell and Tagan left their stations to join them and K'Vada, who lifted his communicator to his mouth.

K'Vada - "Transport"

Minutes later, they reappeared on the deck of an alien space station. The place looked like a wreck, but enough of it remained intact for K'Vada to know this was truly not a race either the Klingons or the empire had encountered before. A scuffling sound drew his attention to a trio of aliens who were wounded, from their bloody appearance. They looked like ancient reptilian creatures from Qo'nos' early history. K'Vada smiled as a single thought entered his mind, This station will serve the Klingons well, and perhaps these three beings will enlighten us as to why they're trespassing on Klingon space. He stepped forward, closer to the trio.

K'Vada - "I am Captain K'Vada of the Klingon Defense Force. I believe this station is inside our space, and is now therefore claimed by the Klingons in the name of the Intergalactic Empire of Holy Trek."
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Gul Travan did his best nonchalant pose as he took in the sight of 42 armed Klingons in the Ops Center. Having only three Cardassians in Ops to stand against 42 Klingons, Travan knew it to be a hopeless, one-sided match. Glancing at the sitrep on the console next to him, Travan saw that the Klingons had control of nearly all of the station.

Travan - "I never realized until now, how extremely ugly you Klingons are."

K'Vada - "Your insults are as weak as your military capability, Cardassian peTaQ"

Travan - "You judge an entire race's capability based on a skirmish with four ships and an armed station? You are truly inept to be such vaunted warriors."

K'Vada - "We shall soon see what mettle you have. I know you sent an SOS back to your military command, and I know that they're likely gathering ships for the purpose of reclaiming this station, and with it, the sector. You must realize that now that the Defense Force is mobilized, this will end with your defeat and submission."

Travan - "You know nothing, Klingon.

K'Vada - "I know that you are about to die, Cardassian."

He brought out his di'Tagh dagger out, clicking the secondary blades into place. Zarkan, determined to stop K'Vada, flung himself at the Klingon captain, shoving him backwards, hard. Two of the Klingon troops reacted instantly, firing their disruptor pistols and sending Zarkan backwards into the console, where he slumped to the floor, dead. The Klingon troops then turned their weapons on Kelvan, shooting him before he could react. He was flung against the bulkhead and slumped to the floor unmoving. Travan was now alone.

K'Vada *to the troops* - "Take this gul back to my ship. I want him interrogated thoroughly."

Without a word, two of the Klingon troops went for Travan, grabbing him forcefully and dragging him out of Ops. K'Vada turned to Tagan and Krell.

K'Vada - "You two get the shields and weapons back online. I don't intend to be unprepared when those Cardassian dogs come to try and reclaim their station. Send a message to the High Command, informing them of our victory."

Krell - "Captain, the communications array was damaged in our capture of the station. They will need to be repaired before we can send any messages."

K'Vada - "Then have engineers from the fleet beam aboard and get to work on the array at once!"

Klingon Trooper # 5 - "Captain, I found several Imperial citizens imprisoned in the brig. I count five Romulans, three Humans, and a Vulcan."

K'Vada - "They've been held prisoner here!?"

Trooper # 5 - "They were Free Traders arrested by the Cardassians on charges of espionage. They were scheduled to be executed today."

K'Vada - "Get them out of their cells and make whatever arrangements are necessary to return them to their families. The High Command and the Imperial Parliament will hear of this outrage."

Romulus, just outside Romulan-administered Imperial space

Ki Baratan was the focal point for those Romulans who were still independent. They had learned of plans to have their homeworld integrated into Holy Trek, making Romulus a capital world of similar importance to Earth and Panthera. While the vast majority of Romulans looked forward to a new age of greatness, there were those among them that felt that greatness could only be achieved if the Romulans stood alone, and reformed their ancient empire. Of these, Merken Vreenak was the most vocal. His speeches denouncing the greater empire and the "collection of weak nations" and his desire to revive the ancient Romulan Star Empire and forcibly conquer those minor nations had aroused strong support from among the group of hardliners. In spite of this support, they had only three independent shipyards to the Imperial Romulans' fifteen. He now called for a meeting with two prominent colleagues, Tarek Narviat and Rehaek, in his private villa which commanded a glorious view of both Ki Baratan and the Apnex Sea.

Vreenak - "It is good of you to finally crawl out from under that rock you call the Tal Shiar, Rehaek. You show initiative only when you're not the one carrying out your foul deeds."

Rehaek - "Vreenak, I'd watch my tone. I know things about you that you would not want revealed to the general public. Such a revelation would ruin your outstanding senate career."

Narviat - "Both of you silence! I have the power to have you both eliminated if I so choose, regardless of where I'm located. Now, Vreenak, you called this meeting."

Vreenak - "Yes. We all know that Romulan culture will be subsumed by Holy Trek if we allow them to integrate Romulus and the remaining Free Worlds. We cannot allow ourselves to be muzzled by Vulcans, Klingons, Breen and especially those hevam from Earth."

Rehaek - "Where were you when the Continuing Committee decided to throw in our lot with the hevam and form their mongrel empire, Vreenak? Had you been there to prevent the vote, we would be a free nation instead of a slave nation managed by Earth."

Vreenak - "It was your fault that I had no power in the Committee. You had several key members removed from power, position, and life."

Narviat - "ENOUGH!"

Both men froze as the praetor of Romulus stared them down for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, Narviat relaxed somewhat.

Narviat - "We don't have much of a military force to use, however, I believe there is one man we can rely on to change that. Admiral Valdore."

Vreenak - "Valdore, victor over the Stugg, Reducer of the civilization of the Rissulians? Destroyer of the Ovtpril?"

Narviat - "Indeed. He used inferior numbers and superior tactics to overcome those more powerful nations and annihilated them. He could do the same to the hevam."

Rehaek - "You realize that they have the Klingons and Jem'Hadar on their side. We'd have to hit them before we hit the Earthers. And there's the other problem of our kinsmen in the hevam state. What are we to do about them?"

Vreenak - "We break them. Simple as that."

Rehaek - "Only you would commission such an action against our own people."

Narviat knew he had to cut off Vreenak before he fired back at Rehaek.

Narviat - "I'll set up a meeting between you, Vreenak, and Admiral Valdore. Rehaek, I need you to start preparing to undermine the Romulan systems within the hevam state."

Rehaek - "That is what I specialize in, Praetor."

Vreenak - "Indeed. You have the chance to slink in the shadows and sow disruption in your wake."

Rehaek shot Vreenak a look that could've killed him stone dead. Vreenak, for his part, ignored the look. At that moment, a server entered the room, bearing a tray of beverages. He set the tray down, then passed out the beverages to each man. Satisfied that he had done his duty, he picked the tray up again, and left the room, never once speaking. Vreenak sipped his Apnex water, then sat back in his chair and put on his best host face.

Vreenak - "So, what other news do you bring, Praetor?"
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:13 am

Tauri Cluster. Romulan Free Worlds

In the brightness of the Tauri Cluster, a group of stars similar to the Pleiades of Earth-administered Imperial space, twenty-five sleek craft emerge from the solar clouds which shroud the nine stars-three of which have solar systems around them-and set off for the Romulan Free World of Carraya IV. On the Bridge of the lead ship, an archosaur watches the image on the viewscreen shift as they make their turn and adjust course. Lord Szezzk had been looking forward to this campaign ever since he had been a hatchling. Now he and his fellow hatchlings, as adults, would add another hatchery world to the Gorn Hegemony. He turned to his companion, Ralwisssh and did the Gorn approximation of a smile, pulling back the lips to reveal sharp dentition.

Szezzk - "It won't be long before we seize control of Carraya from those pointy-eared mammals."

Ralwisssh - "My Lord, we should begin scans of the system, to look for any defensive systems that may be in place."

Szezzk - "You think the mammals would station mines in the Carraya system?"

Ralwisssh - "We should not underestimate the mammals with that ability."

Szezzk - "You make sense, Ralwisssh. You keep this up, you may get a ship of your own. Tactical, begin scans. Report anything you find."

Both Gorn turned back to regard the viewscreen, and the beautiful starscape displayed.
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Carraya IV. Orbital Facility 5-B

It was just another day for Manager Relvak as he looked over the schedule for the day's arrivals and departures. He had only came on duty 15 minutes ago, relieving the nightwatch manager, Teris. The orbital facility was nothing more than planetary observatory and traffic control point for the larger Carraya Base, otherwise listed as Orbital Facility 5-A. The system currently had stationed about 45 military vessels. The reason being that this world was too far from any 'traitor' Romulan systems as well as hevam-controlled systems. OF5-B had a crew of seven, while the larger OF5-A starbase held a crew of 300 people. Carraya IV was seen as a valuable breadbasket for the Free Worlds of Romulus and hence had a degree of protection few other worlds had.

Just as Relvak was about to relax and listen to some Romulan opera, a shrill sound forced him to sit up in his chair. The long-range scanners had awakened with 25 signatures of unknown origin, on a direct bearing for Carraya IV and in attack formation. He scrambled to the Communications console and activated the 'red-line' to OF5-A. This 'red-line' was used only for the most serious emergencies, a planetary body collision alert.....or a military invasion.

Relvak - "This is OF5-B on emergency channel 9-2. We have a hostile fleet on approach. Repeat, we have a hostile fleet on approach."
Factbooks coming soon!

ALMF
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ALMF » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Sorry it looks like my sedule is not coroprating
Last edited by ALMF on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a left social libertarian (all on a scale 0-10 with a direction: 0 centrist 10 extreme)
Left over right: 5.99
Libertarian over authoritarian: 4.2,
non-interventionist over neo-con: 5.14
Cultural liberal over cultural conservative: 7.6

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 5 percent are more extremist than you.

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Trivas system. Station Empok Nor. Cardassian space

Gul Madred smiled as he watched his 300-ship fleet move out from the station. Empok Nor had been emptied of the civilian and merchant populations, and now with the military leaving, the station would officially be declared abandoned. The few civilians and merchants that had been allowed on Empok Nor were only there to assist in the upgrades, provisioning, and other preparedness for the fleet. Now they had left, and the fleet they helped prepare was about to set out on its dual-mission. The primary mission was to retake the Raknal sector from the Klingons, then meet the Klingon fleet head-on. The secondary mission, which he would launch once they were away from the station, would be to commence operations in the outworlds, subduing, annexing, and colonizing new worlds to be added to the Union. Keldon-class, Shadow-class, Talor-class, Sartan-class, and Hideki-class ships separated to form two fleets of 150 ships each. One fleet set their course for Raknal V and the Betreka Nebula, while the other set their course into the outworlds.

Madred turned from the viewscreen and glanced at his crew. Various glinns were working at their stations, paying no heed to the gul as he watched them. Madred was considered one of the most feared Cardassians in the Union, primarily because he was a well-known interrogator who would inflict any amount of pain to extract information he sought. Many Cardassians, as well as non-Cardassians, feared him so much, they sometimes went as far as suicide to avoid becoming a new test-subject for his latest interrogation method. Many considered him cold-blooded (which goes without saying since the Cardassians are cold-blooded humanoids who prefer hot and dry enviroments). He walked back to his chair and called back to the eager young glinn fresh out of the military academy.

Madred - "Ekron, get me a channel to Gul Ekoor on the Aladara"

Ekron - "Yes sir."

Minutes later, the glinn had tied Madred's own ship, Hebitia to Aladara. The viewscreen shifted to show a hawk-eyed gul of middle age (by Human standards). Gul Kumat Ekoor stared into Madred's eyes as he waited for him to speak."

Madred - "You have your mission orders, Ekoor. Bring glory to Cardassia...and some new worlds. Show no mercy to those who refuse to submit."

Ekoor - "With respect, I would be of better service to Cardassia if I joined you in your fight against the Klingons."

Madred - "Just adding more worlds for Cardassia to exploit will be service enough to the State. The Union must expand if we're to survive and defeat the Klingons. "

Ekoor - "We have never explored that region of space before. What if we make another enemy?"

Madred - "Then we'll defeat and destroy them much as we will the Klingons. Now, go."

Ekoor bowed his head, then cut the connection. Madred grumbled to himself but held back from vocalizing his complaints, choosing instead to focus once more as the Grand Fleet began to divide for its dual-mission.

The 300-ship Cardassian fleet split off as the ships changed course, moving in separate directions.
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Neutral Space. 4 hours later

The starliner Cosmic Coachman departed from Trinity Station in the system of Trinity, part of the Wakusei Collective. This was not so much a full astropolitical entity of the type like Inuyashina or Holy Trek, but simply a group of planetary systems that banded together out of need for mutual protection and shared culture. The myriad races of the Wakusei Collective lived by a simple Article which governed their everyday life. The Wakusei Collective was often sought as a refuge by those in the surrounding empires who simply wanted a less-regulated way of life. On board the Cosmic Coachman Undersecretary Hoshi Tsukino was sipping her green tea as she finished reading over the new trade agreement between Inuyashina and the Wakusei Collective. The Ruling Body, which was nothing more than a group of 20 people from the 7 systems who managed the foreign and economic affairs of the Collective, had deliberated over the proposal for 6 days. She had to constantly inform Minister Noburu Kaneko that they were discussing the proposal, which would allow industry on Trinity and Ajax, the two wealthiest systems in the Collective, in exchange for wool, metal products like plows and other agricultural products, and iron. With the final signature of the treaty, Inuyashina had gained a new outlet for trade.

She had begun to relax, having set aside the padd containing the signed treaty, when a Red Alert sounded throughout the cabin. The other 499 people began running for the viewports to see if there was any sign of the thing that triggered the alert. Then the ship's captain interrupted all conversation.

Captain - "This is the captain. We have several ships of unknown origin, closing on the ship. I ask that all passengers be ready to head for the lifeboats in the event of an attack. We are trying to hail the ships, but so far, no replies."

Tsukino gathered her belongings and started toward the rear of the starliner, where the lifeboats were clamped inside. With the other passengers still trying to spot the approaching ships, she thought she had a clear shot toward the back. But when the first amber blasts struck the starliner, the people became panicked and started rushing in a mad run for the back. Soon the hallway and the single pair of double-doors were clogged with desperate people trying to secure a lifeboat even as the starliner shook violently from another blast. Tsukino tried to wedge her way through the crowd, but they pushed back, harder and more furiously than ever. She was knocked off her feet by several elbows josutling her about as the other passengers pushed, shoved, and even began to fight one another for passage to the back. Several more shots struck the ship, then the most feared sound on a small ship began blaring..the hull breach alarm. The crowds in the hallway became even more desperate, even going so far as to forcibly push each other out of the hallway to get closer to the doors. Those in the doorway now had to struggle against the people in the hallway.
Tsukino's last thoughts, as the air began to explosively decompress and pull the passengers out into vacuum was how much she'd miss her boyfriend and son.

The Cosmic Coachman split amidships and tore apart. Objects and bodies began spilling from within. As the ship disintegrated, several Hideki-class Cardassian fighters flew past. They rejoined the other ships of the Cardassian Invasion fleet as they began their attack on Trinity and Ajax, and the base from which Hoshi Tsukino had just an hour ago departed.

Special News Bulletin from IGN

This is Jake Sisko with a Special Bulletin. We've just been informed that a starliner traveling between Inuyashina and the Wakusei Collective was just reported as destroyed. This comes from a Vulcan transport ship which traveled through the systems only 2 hours ago. Wreckage and bodies were found floating in the debris, and we now have confirmation that Undersecretary Hoshi Tsukino of Inuyashina, along with 57 other Inuyashinan nationals have been killed. We don't know yet who attacked the starliner or the worlds in the Collective, but the Black Box is being analyzed now. We'll have more on this story as it develops.
Factbooks coming soon!

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Nuriko. Fifteen minutes after the IGN news broadcast

There was anger and outrage in Nuriko, as throughout Inuyashina, as news of the deaths near Trinity had been spread thanks to Holy Trek's IGN news. The Imperial Congress was in closed-door meetings to decide what course of action to take, while Empress Rebecca I herself was in seclusion, praying for the families who had lost loved ones. While she was prepared to visit many of these families, it was the family of Hoshi Tsukino that she looked least forward to seeing. She had been the family's only daughter, and now they would have to bury their child before they themselves were laid to rest. She would visit the family first, then make a speech to the rest of Inuyashina calling not only for a moment of silence and the pealing of bells to signify each life lost, but also call for mobilization. Privately, she would seek the assistance of her husband, Michael I of Holy Trek in learning who had launched such an attack and make them pay for their mistake.

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Special Address by Empress Rebecca I from the Palace of Imperium Crystal

"Today, our nation has suffered a tremendous loss. Just three hours ago, 58 of our citizens traveling from the Wakusei Collective to Inuyashina were murdered by an unknown party. Among the dead, the Undersecretary of Industry Hoshi Tsukino, who served Minister Noburo Kaneko for many cycles. Many of you have lost loved ones as well. I cannot begin to describe the grief and anger that we in the government feel over this. I have ordered a full mobilization of our space fleets..and I'm now calling for the pealing of bells for each person killed in the attack. Let our grief and anger be known to all, wherever they are. Thank you."

As she stepped back inside the Palace from the balcony, the bells of the various churches and temples began to ring.

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Outside the Mempha System. Cardassian 6th Order Fleet.

The Mempha system was well outside the current warzone, which was why Gul Evek had led his fleet of 200 Legate-class, 200 Ekoor-class, 100 Borak-class and 500 Keldon-class ships into the system. The only visible sign of the Klingons was an old Mateen-type defense platform orbiting Mempha IV, but Evek knew better than to think the Klingons didn't have cloaked ships close by. He turned from the viewscreen to address his second, Glinn Netel.

Evek - "Use the anti-proton scans. I want to be sure this system is open for attack."

Netel - "Anti-proton scans will likely not reveal the presence of cloaked ships. They could've easily adapted to them."

Evek - "You give the Klingons too much credit. They're savages who steal technology from races they stomp on. They wouldn't know how to develop anything on their own."

Netel was a young Cardassian who grew up knowing that not every race they encounter would be so technologically backward as Evek was believing. He had lost his brother to the Lissepians only three years prior to his own graduation from the military institute. Netel hoped to carry on his brother's legacy and perhaps even bring it to new heights of glory, but he also intended to bring glory to Cardassia, as was his duty. He carried out his scans, trying to ignore Evek's continued boasts of Klingon ignorance and Cardassian superiority. Finally, he could only conclude that the system was indeed open, for he was unable to detect any sign of cloaked ships.

Netel - "Nothing from the anti-proton scans. The system is wide open once we eliminate that platform."

Evek - "Very well, then. Time to show these barbarians how we Cardassians master whole worlds. Have the Borak battalion engage that platform. All other ships proceed to Mempha IV. We'll beam down troops and wrest control of that world from those bumpy-forehead imbeciles."

He turned back to the viewscreen to watch as part of his fleet broke off to engage the platform, unaware that there were indeed Klingon ships in hiding.

Legate-class
Ekoor-class
Borak-class

Klingon Korlas-class Hunter-Killer Voruk

Captain Nidd smiled as the Cardassians fell for the trap he had laid out for them. He had gathered 1,100 ships in the system utilizing the new cloaking system given them by their Romulan brother-citizens, and simply waited for the Cardassian fleet to enter the system. He knew the price for the ambush would be the loss of the platform, but that was easily replaceable. The added bonus of inflicting a major defeat on the Cardassians would more than offset the cost. As a hundred of the 1,000 ship Cardassian fleet moved on the platform, he grinned, showing his jagged teeth. The time for his trap to be sprung was fast approaching.

Korlas-class
Voodieh-class
L-90
Factbooks coming soon!

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:13 am

Rasheed-class Sunhawk Lonesome Samurai

Captain Miles O'Brien was asleep in his bunk when the alert klaxon sounded, waking him instantly and causing him to fall out of bed. Always priding himself on being dressed for anything, he didn't have to put on his uniform, as he was already in it. He stumbled for a bit, out the door and down the corridor to the Bridge. The moment he arrived and seen the viewscreen image of two alien ships closing on attack formation, he realized that he was screwed. His ship had only the shoddiest of deflector shields and no weapons to speak of. He turned to his second-in-command, Enrique Montoya, and addressing him as 'Quique', gave the order to accelerate. O'Brien knew this was the only way to beat these aliens.

Montoya - "O'Brien, aren't these the same ships that attacked Trinity Station three days ago?"

O'Brien - "They certainly look that way. I don't wanna wait around to confirm it, though. What's the closest nebula to our flightpath?"

Montoya - "The Parrot Nebula, but that's within Holy Trek imperial space."

O'Brien - "I doubt Holy Trek will mind us using one of their clouds to hide in. Set the course."

Just then, phaser fire from the pursuing ships made the ship shake and rattle. A console to the right of Montoya exploded, sending shrapnel splashing against his face. Montoya howled in pain but remained at his post. O'Brien took his seat in the center chair, cursing the fates that his ship had been deprived of weapons due to their last mission, which took them into Jarada space. The highly xenophobic wasp-like beings had a greed, after 15 days of deliberate delaying, to open a dialogue. Bloody oversized wasps, O'Brien thought bitterly. Before he could further curse the insectoids with a string of Irish brogue, a powerful blast sent him tumbling from his seat. The Bridge lights went out and all the ship systems seemed to wink out. After a few seconds, red lights lit the Bridge again, and slowly, a few systems came back online. O'Brien managed to lift himself off the floor, and noted that Montoya had also returned to his seat. Sadly, 12 others were never getting up again.

Montoya - "That last shot took out the impulse and warp drive. We're sitting ducks, Captain."

O'Brien - "Damn."

Montoya - "Getting a signal from the attacking ships. I don't entirely understand their language, but I believe they're demanding our surrender."

O'Brien - "How do you know?"

Montoya - "Well, their tone says it all, sir."

O'Brien - "I'd just as soon blow the ship up than surrender to them."

Montoya - "One problem with that plan. In frying our warp and impulse drives, they've also deprived us of a quick and easy death."

Suddenly, six pillars of light took form on the Bridge. The forms resolved into that of an armed squadron of Cardassian troops, rifles drawn and pointed at the surviving crew.

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:22 pm

Cardassian ship Valora

Legate Vorak had not anticipated the sudden appearance of the alien ship on the sensors, and thus had no way to determine whether it was hostile or neutral. Gul Kratan, however, was eager to pursue and capture the ship, and the legate was powerless against a crew that had the gul's back. Thus, Vorak was merely a witness to the action as Valora and its sister ship Setlik pursued and fired on the alien ship. Gul Kratan was shouting orders to the crew, who looked on the verge of a nervous breakdown as they tried quickly to carry out his orders. On the viewscreen, the alien ship was accelerating in an attempt to escape the phaser barrages both ships were inflicting on it.

Kratan - "Take out their impulse and warp drive systems. I want that ship captured at once!"

Vorak - "What purpose would it serve to capture a ship that doesn't appear to be Klingon?"

Kratan - "You and I both know the Klingons have enslaved other races and seized their technology for themselves. For all we know, that ship could be a Klingon ship recently seized from a race they conquered."

Vorak - "Have they even tried to hail us?"

Kratan - "No, they broke from their course and fled. They thought to enter a nebula and hide from us."

Glinn Yanar turned from his seat at the Tactical station, a look of victory on his face.

Yanar - "We have them, sir. Warp and impulse drives on the alien ship have been disabled."

Kratan - "Very good. Send a message to that ship informing them that they are now under arrest by the Cardassian Union, then join me with a team of four officers. We're boarding that ship."

Legate Vorak stepped up to block Gul Kratan's path to the exit, choosing that moment to use his higher rank and taller form to impose himself upon the arrogant gul.

Vorak - "Need I remind you that we're in a region of space not known to be controlled by the barbarian Klingons. Whoever controls this space will retaliate for our seizure of this ship."

Kratan - "Legate, you worry too much. If whoever controls this space wants that ship back, they'll have to declare war for it, and they'll regret doing so when we target their homeworld and burn it."

Legate - "Central Command did NOT give you authorization to carry out that action. You could be stripped of your command."

Kratan - "Central Command won't know...unless YOU intend to inform them, in which case I can have the Order arrest you for dereliction of duty. I hear Lazon II is a very rough prison planet."

Vorak - "That explains this insane mission. The Obsidian Order is looking to make more enemies than we can afford to face all at once. I thought the Order was forbidden from commanding or even owning ships of their own?"

Kratan - "Times change."

He pushed the legate aside forcefully, then continued out of the Bridge. In just seven minutes, he was joined by four armed officers, and Glinn Yanar at the Transporter Room. They stepped onto the pad and were beamed, in seconds, onto the alien ship. Yanar was shocked to discover that the crew of the ship had been reduced to just three people. Most of all, he was shocked by the lack of forehead ridges, leather armor, and bluster typical of Klingons. These beings had smooth foreheads, skin colors that looked like death, and hair that seemed to stand out. Gul Kratan stepped forward, datapad in his hand, and read from its screen.

Kratan - "You are hereby under arrest by order of the Cardassian Union. You have been declared guilty by the Archon of Justice under Code Sleevath-1-9-0. The trial which will follow upon your arrival at Cardassia Prime will merely be to reiterate your guilty verdeict, however, if you so wish, we can have a neutral defender provided for you."
Last edited by Holy Trek on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks coming soon!

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Lonesome Samurai

O'Brien - "Guilty? On what charge?"

Miles O'Brien was justifiably outraged to hear that he had not only been charged of some crime or other, but that he had already been found guilty. The further proof that he was in hot water was the presence of these Cardassians on his ship. One of them, he presumed to be their leader, had a phaser of alien design pointed at his chest. With only Montoya to help him against 12 armed aliens, O'Brien knew his options were limited. But when the leader answered his question, O'Brien's outrage became fear.

Gul Kratan - "Sedition, espionage against the Cardassian state and aiding and abetting the enemy. As I said, your verdict is already determined, you are guilty. The trial merely serves to show our people that justice always prevails. Now, either surrender to our custody or face execution."

O'Brien glanced at Montoya, who shook his head. Clearly, they could neither fight these intruders, nor destroy their own ship. Very reluctant, and now despairing at the lack of assistance from Holy Trek, whose borders they had crossed minutes prior, O'Brien put his hands up. Montoya, just as reluctantly, did likewise.

Gul Kratan nodded to the soldiers, who placed O'Brien and Montoya in wrist restraints. Then he pulled his communicator from his belt and activated the commchannel.

Kratan - "This is Gul Kratan. Transport assault team and two prisoners at once."

Voice - "Yes sir."

The last thing O'Brien and Montoya saw of their ship was the viewscreen and the image of the two Cardassians ships which had captured them.

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:37 pm

Two parsecs from the Parrot Nebula. Imperial space

As the Cardassians returned with their prisoners to their ships, Gul Kratan gave the command to have Lonesome Samurai destroyed, so as to leave no evidence behind for pirates, or Klingons, to seize. Both the Valora and Setlik came about and made for the nearest Cardassian base, where the prisoners would be placed on barges bound for Cardassia. It was Valora's phasers that finally finished off Lonesome Samurai

Official Report from the Imperial Palace of Holy Trek Regarding the 'Parrot Nebula Incident'

Michael I, from his throne room, makes his televised and subspace broadcast two hours after the incident, after learning of it from a Vulcan freighter which had picked up the debris.

I have just been informed that the Klingon-Cardassian War has taken a turn for the worst with the capture and detention of two Inuyashinan nationals and the destruction of their ship by a pair of Cardassian patrol ships operating within Imperial territory. I wish to reassure both my wife, the Empress, and the families of both men, that I will do everything in my power to bring those men home alive. Our previous policy of neutrality in regard to the Klingon-Cardassian conflict.....has been hereby rescinded by Imperial decree. The empire will no longer tolerate Cardassian sorties into Imperial space on hit-and-run missions against Klingon targets, or Klingon-allied systems. As of now, the Imperial Starfleet is hereby placed on Alert Level 3 and ordering all merchant ships traveling through Imperial space to seek shelter at the various base-stars along your flightpath until the crisis is over. To the Cardassian government, I hold you responsible for the abduction of those men unlawfully, and I urge you to release them immediately or risk acquiring more enemies. To Inuyashina, Holy Trek, as partner in the Dual Monarchy, stands with you. Thank you, and glory to the empire

When the cameras stopped rolling and his speech had ended, Michael I left the Throne Room to proceed to the Situation Room to consult with the War Minister and invite Inuyashina to send their own War Minister..for a joint conference.
Last edited by Holy Trek on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Situation Room beneath the Imperial Palace. Enterprise, Earth

Michael I poured over the tactical data presented by his War Minister, Martok, and the Supreme Commander of the Imperial Starfleet, William Adama. Adama looked concerned as he looked over the holo-map of the sectors currently in the Cardassian-Klingon fighting. Martok, for his part, poured himself a warnog and smiled.

Michael I - "The Lonesome Samurai had been on course for Inuyashina when they were attacked by two Cardassian patrols."

Adama - "The Parrot Nebula is sparsely populated and hence not considered a strategic sector for patrols."

Michael I - "As of now, that changes. I want increased patrols in that area. I do not want another Lonesome Samurai incident."

Martok - "Have you heard the news? Inuyashina has begun to mobilize their forces to stand against the Cardassians."

Adama - "Wouldn't you, if you had just had a ship or base attacked by Cardassians?"

Martok - "The Nurr'fari Consortium have also been attacked by the Cardassians. They have suffered tremendous loss in the last four weeks."

Michael I - "Who are these Nurr'fari?"

Martok - "They have been under Klingon protection for centuries. The Kzinti had all but destroyed their ability to fight back, and scattered them throughout the systems. They sought and received Klingon protection, and since then, have been rebuilding their civilization. We provide their security so they can expand their culture."

Michael I - "Why wasn't I informed of this little arrangement?"

Martok - "Until now, it was an internal Klingon matter."

Michael I - "I'll have 10th Fleet provide assistance to the Klingon forces in the Nurr'fari sector. Any other surprises you wish to spill?"

Martok - "We're building up our forces to begin a massive invasion of Cardassian space."

Adama - "Even as they've already begun a similar campaign against your people? How could you allow them to mass a large fleet which has attacked two independent governments, and dragged inuyashina into the war?"

Martok - "It was a calculated risk. We kept just enough ships at each of the Cardassians' target systems to keep them off-balance while we put our own force together."

Michael I - "We have people out there calling for revenge for the attacks against their friends and loved ones. I'm trying to head off the outrage, but sooner or later, we'll have to make a stand. Once that happens, this will no longer just be a Klingon issue."

Adama - "I propose that we place 23rd, 25th, 12th, and 7th fleets on standby immediately."

Michael I - "What of the Romulans and Tholians?"

Adama - "I'll contact the Tholians to see if they can contribute to the fleet. The Romulans are currently dealing with a crisis of their own, and cannot help."

Martok - "Some separatist group is trying to foment a Romulan civil war, and the alien Gorn have been attacking Romulan systems at random."

Michael I - "It never rains but it pours. Very well, have the Kinshaya sent to assist the Romulans."

Martok - "I'll have to inform General G'Dak to reinforce the garrison at Raknal Station. Those Cardassian dogs will likely try and retake their precious base from us."

Michael I - "I wouldn't get too cozy on that starbase. Chances are, you may have to give it back to them at the peace talks."

Martok - "You would deprive us of a prize duly won in combat?"

Michael I - "If it means keeping the Cardassians away from Qo'nos, Earth and Panthera....yes."

Martok growled low in his chest, hoping that Michael I had not heard. He had heard the growl, but chose not to address it. Adama had meanwhile sent the orders to get the fleets moving, and had returned to the holo-map.

Adama - "All forces are ready to move."

Michael I - "Very well. I'll leave this to you gentlemen. Keep me informed."

With that, Michael I left the room, ascending the stairs to return to ground level.
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Planetary Defense Command. Carraya IV

Director Telvan Guldor frowned as he looked over the data concerning the latest attacks in the Chataulga Islands. There, the pro-Union and pro-Empire forces had been engaged in a slugging match since the news was announced that Carraya IV would join other Romulan worlds in uniting with the Empire of Holy Trek. Many Romulans despised the prospect of joining a hevam-dominated empire which would subsume their interests at the expense of Romulan interests. The entire global population was evenly divided, which only added to the unease. It was only days ago that uneasy gave way to all out civil war. Chataulga was among the outlying islands which still remained defiant, despite naval blockade and aerial bombardment. Now ground forces had landed and the residents, staunch pro-Empire Romulans, were giving the full measure of their determination not to be cowed into submission.
He was about to throw the padd with the casualty listings across the open space of his office when a comm-chime forced him to pull his emotions into restraint.

Voice - "Sir, I do not mean to disturb you, but we have an SOS from OF5-B. They've picked up alien ships on hostile vector entering the system."

Guldor - "I'm on my way. Get some sensor scans of those ships."

Voice - "Understood."

Guldor set the padd down, then rose from his desk and exited his office. Using brisk strides, he made his way down the connecting corridor to the Command Center.
The Command Center was a large, spacious, circular room from which display monitors showed not only the various regions of the planet surface, but also the surrounding orbital space. He walked to the central podium, which rotated and elevated using controls which were conveniently located in front of him. From the back, the centurion who had signaled him, Centurion Mroka, walked up to stand close to the podium.

Mroka - "We've never encountered these aliens before. They have no discernible radiation readings, and they've refused to answer hails from OF5-B or OF5-A."

Guldor - "How many ships do we have available?"

Mroka - "Nine ships. Sorry, but the purges of anti-Union elements on many of the other warbirds prevents us from being able to call them to duty."

Guldor - "By the hand of Erebus. These beings chose their timing well. We're restrained by divisive elements within our own blood, and we won't be able to rely on the hevam or their allies to assist us."

Mroka - "Why, sir?"

Guldor - "The Klingons have problems of their own, with a race called Cardassians. Their own forces have been mobilized to combat those aliens. The Humans have refrained from taking any position on that matter, other than increasing their own patrols. Inuyashina is also preoccupied with forging new agreements with the Namekians, so they won't be of much help."

Mroka - "Desperate times for us, My Lord Director."

Guldor - "Indeed. Have the nine ships available move to intercept this alien fleet. First priority is to find out who they are and why they're here. If they declare themselves hostile, then we engage them."

Mroka - "What of the planetary batteries, My Lord Director?"

Guldor thought that over for a moment. He had the various batteries constructed during the height of the Carrayan civil war, when it was feared that the pro-Empire forces had commandeered ships with an eye toward bombarding Carraya IV into accepting their terms. When it was revealed that the rebels had fewer ships than was originally thought, the batteries were powered down. Now, they would have to be powered up again.

Guldor - "Activate planetary batteries. Have all gunners report to their posts immediately. Stand by to activate the planetary shield."

Mroka - "All batteries active. Gunners report at their posts. Ready to activate planetary shield."

Guldor - "Execute."

Narration
From the point-of-view of the approaching Gorn fleet, the sudden appearance of the planetary shield around Carraya IV meant only one thing: They had been discovered. Even as the Gorn located and prepared an operation against the two orbital stations, word was being relayed back to Achernar Prime, the capital of the Romulan-administered Holy Trek territories. But on Chataulga Island, on the far side of the planet, a different struggle which had been playing out was also affected by the presence of the Gorn..

Chataulga Island. Bunk 2-3-7

Several centurions lay dead as a result of the central government's campaign. However, they were giving as good as they got: fifteen valkyrie heavy bombers were shot down yesterday. Centurion Ilak considered that a victory, even if a hollow one. he had gathered with his closest friends in one of the trenches running from the bunk for at least a mile. Centurions Y'nala, Duxel, and Olje shared this particular patch of a quarter-mile of trench. He had fallen in love with Y'nala, who was four years his junior, during the early days of the siege. She had lost a sister and a cousin to the government forces in a raid on Revulu village two months ago.

Y'nala - "Care to wager how long this seige will last?"

Olje - "No way. Yesterday, you made a jackpot with your bet on the number of government craft shot down. Missed it by just one."

Y'nala *laughing* - "So that means, then, that you're too cowardly to accept a challenge."

Olje - "You put me in a room with a government officer, strapped into a chair, for five minutes and we'll see who's begging for mercy."

Duxel - "What's wrong, Centurion, not willing to face a government officer not strapped to a chair?"

The three centurions shared a laugh at Olje's expense. For his part, Olje scowled, then focused on the subspace transmittor he had been carrying since the Barracks were bombed a month ago. Suddenly, his scowl became deeper.

Ilak - "Come on, Olje, we're just having some harmless fun. Have to keep up morale, you know."

Olje - "Its not that. I've lost the link to Romulus."

Ilak - "How can that be?"

Olje - "interference from an energy source.....grozit...planetary shield has been raised."

Y'nala - "They wouldn't raise the shield unless a fleet were threatening. Maybe the relief fleet Valdore promised last week has finally arrived."

Ilak - "If that's the case, why are the bombers still active? They're designed for space as well as atmosphere, so if a relief fleet had arrived, then those bombers should've been redirected."

Duxel - "All I know is that we no longer have contact with Admiral Valdore. We're on our own."

Y'nala - "Looks like we're about to be given the choice of surrender and face execution, or die fighting."

Ilak - "I say die fighting. Better to die on our feet than to live on our knees, ruled not from Romulus, but from Earth."

Y'nala - "I agree."

Olje - "I didn't wanna live forever anyway."

Duxel - "So, all that's left is choosing the right time to make our valiant sacrifice."
Last edited by Holy Trek on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Breakdown of Gorn and Romulan Forces over Carraya IV

Postby Holy Trek » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:33 am

Carraya IV: The Orbital Battle

The main Gorn ships, battleships from their configuration, moved on OF5-B first. Several volleys of missiles, carrying isolytic warheads, streaked across the stars to impact the shielding around the station. Inside, many of the crew at their stations were tossed about as the facility shook from the impact. Shouting became frequent as more missile impacts reverberated all over the station.

"Shields down 35 percent!"
"Rotate shields for more effective protection!"
"Disruptor banks A-2, A-3, and A-5 offline!"

Meanwhile, smaller Gorn craft, cruisers and frigates, moved to engage the Romulan scoutships that had been dispatched. Plasma bursts, disruptors, and isolytic missiles crisscrossed the space between the fleets, with each weapon finding its mark. In the span of 10 minutes, seven of the nine Romulan ships were disabled or destroyed, while the Gorn lost only two of their own ships. With the larger capital ships still undergoing a purge of rebel sympathizers, and stationed at OF5-A in any event, there was little standing in the way of the Gorn fleet. They continued their attack on OF5-B, hammering away at the shields with their missiles and plasma weapons, while at the same time launching their attack on OF5-A, to remove the bulk of the Romulan capital fleet.

OF5-B during the battle of Carraya IV

Relvak managed to hold on to his seat as the station shook all around him. His colleagues, however, weren't as fortunate. They were thrown from their chairs and tossed to the floor like toys as the Gorn assault continued. The last sensor image, before the Gorn fragged it, showed that only two Romulan ships survived more or less in one piece, though both were showing heavy damage. The Gorn had left them alone as they believed the two ships no longer posed a threat, and returned their focus to the orbital facilities. All he could see, from the viewport, was OF5-A now coming under attack from the Gorn. Curse those rebels for leaving us vulnerable to these lizards, he thought angrily. Two more concussions shook the station before someone called out.

"Shields have collapsed. We're defenseless!!"

Relvak knew that his lifespan could now be measured only in seconds, and as he prepared to face his own death, through the viewport, a bright flash and a concussion signified the end of OF5-A and the warbirds docked within. Now only the surface batteries stood between the Gorn and Carraya IV, but how much of the surface batteries were still intact after the rebels had put up a valiant but hopeless struggle remained to be seen. He looked out through the viewport at Carraya IV only to stare in wonderment as the Carraya sun turned an orange-red and began to grow. It was only then, too late to do anything about it, that he realized that what he thought was the Carraya sun was actually a plasma burst from a Gorn ship. The impact threw him from next to his chair, and as he smacked against the far bulkhead, shrapnel was being propelled at him. He had time for one last thought as the shrapnel pummeled him and the heat from the plasma burst began to cook his innards:
Hope those rebels get a taste for plasma same as we have...
Then, no more thoughts as his world turned bright for a milisecond, then plunged into absolute darkness.
Factbooks coming soon!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents