NATION

PASSWORD

Insurrection (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat May 26, 2012 8:52 pm

"These rebels won't stop at anything." replied the Air Commodore.

"I will immediately be authorising a platoon of the Spetzgruppa Nachal'nik to intercept the chemical weapons along with the Zealites. With the class of weapons the Zellatian Military uses, they'll be contained in canisters about the size of a water coller bottle."
"I imagine that we're looking at one or two containers."interjected the previously quiet Major. "Because they've just taken the city, I think it'll be in transport. We need to intercept it, before they can detonate. Sir, can you get a Global Hawk up and watching?"
"I can do that, Major."
"Please do."

The Air Commodore called down to operations room.

"Now transport will be a problem." continued the Major "For safety from SAMs, we'll have to insert by HALO jump, that is high altitude, low opening. Given that we don't often use parachutes but we do use the Gabriel ADS, we'll need to do some trignometry to get two jump points. But that shouldn't be too hard. As soon as we get a lock on to the canisters location, we'll begin the operation."

"There's also a second point. We need to begin hitting the rebels HARD, we've had too much fucking around. I want to order cruise missile strikes on rebel headquarters nationwide. Especially in or outside Maw, and especially outside Garrisson and New Mechano. That way we can cut off one head of the hydra. Bred, fed and led. That's people, gear and leadership. We're gonna take away their leadership and then the rest will fall."

The Air Commodore finished his call.

"I also want to start gaining air superiority. I want to conduct suppression of enemy air defence missions with our F-209s, using anti-radiation missiles. I also just recieved words that the first ships are here, some aircraft carriers and guided missile cruisers. The first Perun is also here, the Hollow Bastion. Finally, I've brought in another squadron of Global Hawks, to try and spot enemy naval assets. If we remove them, we can act with complete impunity on the seas.

"So sir, do you consent to these missions?"
Last edited by New Hayesalia on Sat May 26, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2008
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Zellatia » Sat May 26, 2012 9:17 pm

The Grand Admiral nodded, " I consent Air Commodore. I agree with your assessment. The Zellatian Army units on the ground will do their best to support the New Hayesalian push. However, if they are this desperate to knock you out of the war, don't you think that they might do something in New Hayesalia? I wouldn't put it past them to have Zellatian immigrants to New Hayesalia, or even tourists, do something bad, or at least set something up so that they can do something. I wish our men luck."

Outside of Luna, Monkinia Province, Zellatia

The armies from both Mont and Astran had begun to push back the Lunan rebels defending the city all the way back to the city walls. Before, Luna had been a set-up stage for the assault on Zellton City. Now, it seemed to be a soft-spot for the loyalist forces to hammer on. The Zellatian air force had already crippled the aerial defenses of the town, and the army was doing it's work to take them down. Within one hour the city surrendered, and the rebels were treated with mercy and respect. The enemy leadership, on the other hand, were all decapitated and their bodies thrown in ditches after identification. The Zellatian Army had taken back their first city.

Outside of Mino, Mino Province, Zellatia

The battle for the defense of Mino had been one of the first fought after the rebellion began, and the insurrectionists seem to have gained no ground. The defenders of the city, wearing their famed Samurai styled helmets were easily brushing aside hundreds upon hundreds of enemy soldiers. Their leader, Majordomo Garcenus Honnoji had fought worse odds during the defense of the city during the last civil war. His uncle, the Shogun, had died during the battle to defend Mino from rebels, and he wasn't going to let Mino, or any other city in his district fall. The enemy began to fall back once they realized they couldn't win, and radioed to his men and he cut down another enemy, "Roll them back to Squarza, let none of these cretins live!"

He heard on the radio that the same was happening outside of Fr'zo, that the enemy there had finally been driven back, although the numbers of dead on both sides in just Fr'zia along was now 200,000 men. He nodded, and let out a call, "Push these imbecilic bastards into the Frozen Sea! No quarter for traitors!"

D'ang, D'ang Province, Zellatia

General Xin Taigong smiled as the men attacking D'ang were being driven back. He had heard of the fate of Crassa, and knew that if this war didn't end soon, there would be more events like it. He radioed to his men, "Once the attackers are out of range for our artillery, push them back to the cities they hold. Trap them there are we blast 'em to pieces, and don't accept defeat! Move forward, for Zellatia!"

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat May 26, 2012 10:42 pm

SPITTING BEAR

"We have the Home Guard Legions working on that now, but I'm not in command of that. All I know is that my operations are now ongoing and we'll be maintaining our stance."

The captain of the aircraft came over intercom.

"All personnel, this is your pilot. This aircraft is about to link up for air-to-air refuelling, all personnel are required to wear seatbelts at this time. Thank you."

The three decided to leave for the operations room once more, and monitor the situation from the brain of this plane. Once they entered, a Sergeant brought to their attention a naval contact. "Bring it up on video feed."

On the front wall the vision of a Global Hawk's camera showed a large cruiser, flying the flag of the Forward Shade Party. Crew could be seen moving around, doing something. The Grand Admiral recognised it, noting it's class and capacity. It had short and long range anti-air capacity, as well as close in weapons systems. Fairly modern- "a sadness to have lost."

So, Operation Hailstorm Red went ahead.

NHS PORTILLUS, POSEIDON CLASS SUBMARINE

The Poseidon Class is a nuclear aviation submarine: a submarine which contained the venerable C-34 Häyhä strike fighter. A STOVL aircraft, a detatchment of 24 aircraft meant the Poseidon had an amazing ability to attack surface ships through deploying aircraft. Operation Hailstorm Red was now the Portillus' first operation, and Lieutenants Parris Gull and Lt Commander Willem Tollas were the two pilots going to take out the Zellatian rebel ship.

The submarine surfaced. A black shadow emerging from a blue vastness, two Häyhäs were on the flight deck immediately. Launched by usually covered electromagnetic catapult, the Häyhäs on this mission were carrying two anti-aircraft missiles, four Eagle Strike anti-ship missiles each. They also carried a special load each: Gull's aircraft, Portillus 1, carried two Loki Air-Launched Decoys and Tollas' an extra two Eagle Strikes.They'd be launched immediately, set to replicate the radar signature of the Air Force's strike fighter the CSu-35E Terminator. Flying above the clouds, they'd attract the enemy radar and anti-air fire, confusing them- fast and small, they'd be near-impossible to shoot down. For two minutes they'd be the only contacts in the sky, shortly joined by the diving naval strike fighters.

They launched, and the submarine sank into the depths again. In case of disaster, the ship's CAH-24 Super Hind would be ready to rescue downed pilots. All crew hoped it wasn't needed.

OASSI AIR OUTPOST

The hangar had been emptied of it's two F-209s, now filled with 'pilots' of the UAVs. They sat on the floor in their camouflage uniforms, exchanging words about the nuclear blast. Bad business. A voice called to stand fast, and the officers stood immediately at attnetion. A call to relax came from their commanding officers, a Squadron Leader by the name of Adam Imoolius.

"Alright, listen up. We've been given orders to conduct operations. Particularly, the suppression of enemy air defences." he said aloud. The pilots nodded, SEAD being considered good experience.

"We're going to be launching Loki's ahead of your aircraft to pull the attention of the enemy. You will follow along at visual range and use anti-radiation Eagle Strike missiles to hit anti-air gear. Flight plans for each aircraft are being developed but the operation should go ahead as soon as possible, in order to support Zellatian pushes. We are going to clear entire corridors, nationwide, of enemy air defences. As soon as we can get heavy bombers through we'll be in control of the skies."
"What about enemy air, sir?" called a pilot.
"You will have two air to air missiles as always, but we're unsure as to the scope of enemy air capacity. We haven't heard from them all conflict."

ZELLATIAN AIR FORCE C-130

The platoon of SN and the platoon of Zealites sat in the dingy cargo plane, blacked out from the inside. The whir of the proppeler engines was all covering, and platoons were ready. Armed with heavy weapons and trained to their finest, these Special Force units were organised. The SN were at the back of the plane, Zealites at the front. As soon as the chemical weapons were located, the C-130 would be immediately redirected for the jump.

The SN had use of the Gabriel ADS, a glider-like design strapped onto the back which guided the user into their landing zone automatically, parachuting the last part. The Zellatians would use traditional ram-air parachutes, jumping almost directly overhead. Until the Global Hawk hunted them down though, they waited for the kill.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sat May 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Aboard the FSP Rebel Cruiser, the Garrisson's Pride

Rebel Admiral Gerith Hydronsus had not been in command of this ship long when the rebellion had taken place. He had been able to convince the rest of the crew, rather easily so, to join the rebellion, and as the ship floated off the Ambron Coast near Nord, he couldn't help but smile. Then one of his men ran up to him, "There seems to be some planes in the sky, or something. The blips on the radar aren't being very clear for some reason!"

He turned towards the cloudy sky frowning, "The Scattershot should scare them off. Shoot it, it's not like I care if it kills New Hayesalians or the idiots who refused to defect."

The aide de camp nodded, and ran back to the electronics area, and relayed the order to the weapons chief aboard the ship. As soon as the order was given, Scattershot missiles were loaded into the new Destron Class Missile Launchers. They fired as several large missiles spread all over the sky around the rebel ship, with most of the missiles aimed at where the loyalist/New Hayesalian planes are supposed to be according to the radar.
Ten Miles from Lordra, the town of Drakylyde, Lupeia Province, Zellatia

As the ZELLATIAN AIR FORCE C-130 passed over the town of Drakylyde, shouts could be heard. Despite the fact that no one saw the Air Force group, there was screaming throughout the town. This was mostly because the loyalist policemen of the town were still fighting off the FSP party members of the town, with civilians on both sides being mowed down by the rebels. The town's police chief, Andrikos Drakyl, radioed, "This is Police Chief Drakyl of Drakylyde, I need help driving out the FSP men! We've stayed loyal to the Emperor, but the party members in our town have decided to rise up and we've been fighting them since the rebellion began. I wouldn't use this military frequency if this wasn't urgent, but damnit, I don't want to lose my town!"

The fighting in this town was fierce, but on top of that this town was on a hill that exteneded just above Lordra. If this town was used as a landing point, it would be easy for infiltration of the city of Lordra, that had always been the case. That is why the FSP rebels are adamant that this town fall into their hands.
Last edited by Zellatia on Sun May 27, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun May 27, 2012 1:18 am

PORTILLUS FLIGHT

"Portillus 2, this is Portillus 1. I think they fell for the Loki's."
"They sure did, sir."

Lieutenant Gull looked at the small screen in his cockpit giving him a view of the battlespace. The Loki's were still active, after drawing fire. They definitely had to think they were dealing with Terminators. Of course, that was their folly.

"Portillus 1, we've reached Waypoint Bravo. Request permission to fire."

The black strike fighters were now just under fifty kilometres from the enemy cruiser and closing at subsonic speed.

"Permission granted."
"Portillus 2, weapons away, Fox 1, Fox 1."

The Eagle Strike fell from the wing of the Hayha and lit up, bursting into lift. The two fighters fell to the left, ready to move to a secondary position. It would take less than a minute for the missile to impact, a mere seven metres above the waves and sea-skimming to destroy the cruiser. And it came close.

Aboard the Garrisson's Pride, automated Close In Weapons Systems fire had smacked the missile, blowing it from the sky- saving the ship. And now the crew were alert, aware they were being fired at!

"Shit, what do we do now?" radioed Gull.
"Mass launch, Portillus 2. Move to Waypoint Charlie."

The two aircraft moved into position, just above the surface of the water. Under radar, they'd still not been picked up. The cruiser was still targeting the Loki's.

"Portillus, prepare to launch on my mark. 3, 2, 1, MARK. Fox 1!"
"Fox 1!"

The aircraft pulled away again, ordinance expended and headed back to their ship. The missiles, a total of nine, began headed towards the enemy cruiser. Their CIWS might eliminate a few, but could it kill all of them?

ZELLATIAN C-130

"... I wouldn't use this military frequency if this wasn't urgent, but damnit, I don't want to lose my town..."

"Sounds like they're losing out." commented an SN Corporal checking his Ripper.
"You don't say, Eddie?" replied another guy further down in the Hercules.
"Well I'm directing in to Hotel Quebec, they can send assistance if they want to." replied a Lieutenant.

HOTEL QUEBEC

The Lt Colonel was on the ground, in the Oassi bunker figuring out troop movements. Oassi had become a lot less busy, just just as busy with the sounds of jets taking off every few minutes. He'd received a message from his Lieutenant in the C-130, mentioning the desperate conditions in Drakylyde. There wasn't a lot the New Hayesalian's could do. SEAD had not been totally effective yet. But... there was one thing he could do.

He called SLAMS Command.

SOMEWHERE IN QUEPASA

An empty stretch of desert. Nobody, nothing, nowhere. Just a desert. But even in the middle of nowhere the most peculiar things can happen. For the earth began to shift, moving the sands upon which it lay under. It opened revealing a perfectly circular hole. A perfectly circular hole, with a rocket inside. An LM-80 Dagger, topped with a Fist Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicle. And it was going up in the world. Or- out of it.

The rocket began to burn, flames erupting from it's end. Smoke gushed from the silo, and the rocket lifted. Further. Further, further. It lifted until it had breached the atmosphere which kept it in the confines of earth. It was in space.

Now, the Fist seperated. It had been ultra-cooled to negative hundreds of degrees both by space and it's own chemical cooling system. And now the faintest glow of a satellite could be made out. It was a Zellatian military weapons satellite. Was.

The two collided at over 30,000 kilometres an hour, ripping both apart.This was the design of the Fist, and the death of the satellite. The same treatment was given to the other satellites, launched from places all over rural New Hayesalia. The press would report on unidentified flying objects. The Government would only disclose what had happened after the conflict settled. But the damage to Zellatian rebel infrastructure was made. Now their ground caches of nukes would be decimated, once the first SLAMS got into position. Three minutes.

ANGEL FLIGHT

The helicopters had refueled, the blood still gritted in their floors and stretchers. Over eight hundred had been rescued: fifty of them died in treatment. The morgue still held their radioactive bodies in the cold reality of a lead-lined box of two metres length. The crew began to feel the effects. A pilot landed aboard the hospital ship, jumping out. He ran to the edge of the Savior, vomiting over the edge. It was not the sights: it was the radiation. Dosemeters reported crews being exposed to dangerous amounts of radiation. The injured were now being put through contamination showers. The crew would need to as well, but not yet.

Five more flights each. They'd made twenty. That was all they could take.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Mon May 28, 2012 11:22 am

Onboard the Garrisson's Pride

Rebel Admiral Gerith Hydronsus covered his face as the first missiles exploded aways from the ship. After a few moments, he realized that whatever was in the sky was a distraction. He ran to the radar room and looked at the blips himself. He had briefly been apart of a trade program where New Hayesalian and Zellatian officers had looked at each other's equipment. "You have got to be kidding me! Those blips aren't normal planes, those are Lokis! The real enemy is either anti-radar coated, or farther off! Change the locations of the shots, widen the radar range! And use the new goddamn jamming signals! If they have one missiles, they probably have ten more ready to fire at us! Get on your guard you shits!"

As he ran out back onto the main deck, the anti-aircraft cannons had already been turned towards the now retreating black fighters and had opened fire on them. One of them clipped one of the missiles heading for the ship, exploding 3 of the others. The remaining 5 missiles kept on moving until just half a minute away from the ship. The people manning the cannons tried to knock those missiles out as well, but only succeeded at destroying two of them. The remaining 3 missiles slammed into the hull of the rebel cruiser, sending quite a few of the men overboard, although that count didn't include Rebel Admiral Hydronsus. The hull, while thick, was still breach in several places, and the compartments began to close to sustain the ship. However, the ship's engines were now fried, so the ship wasn't going anywhere.

After he got up, the Rebel Admiral angrily radioed his men, "Find those damned New Hayesalians now! I am not letting my ship get sunk by pale faced foreigners!" and ran to one of the missile silos on the ship. He radioed his men, "FIRE EVERYTHING!".

The men at the cannonry began to fire all the types of weapons they had on the ship in all directions where there could possibly be foes. So pretty much every direction but land ways.
Last edited by Zellatia on Thu May 31, 2012 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Thu May 31, 2012 3:03 am

The Hayhas now found themselves out of ammunition and returning to base. Miles away from the reach of the Garrissons Pride, they approached the surfaces submarine, the Portillus. Portillus 1 and then 2 came in to land, vertically upon the deck of the submarine. Within three minutes both aircraft were pulled upon the elevator and moved back to storage, crew and pilots alike congratulating the two sailors for their actions in damaging the Garrisson.

Debrief was simple. The Garrissons Pride was obviously made to withstand these attacks, and the two planes had been unable to sink it. But they had damaged it, and with fire being recorded from the forward looking infrared camera along with a probably hull breach, she would not be simply sailing away.

The mission was a partial success, and now the New Hayesalian Navy had really proven their worth in this theatre.

SPITTING BEAR

The operations deck was a silent and tense hub of information. Quaint words being spoken every now again, simple radio messages and pens to paper. The whirring of jet turbines was the everpresent sound.

"Sir," called one of the CBRN officers, a Flight Lieutenant, "We've spotted a potential chemical weapons platform through the Global Hawk. We're running checks but so far it's matching design, external markings and it's got a pretty well-armed convoy supporting it.
"How well armed?" asked the Major.
"Technicals with .50 calibre weapons, a few IFVs, and the chemical weapon suspect has just been reloaded into the truck. The photos we got though support us, we have a 90% probability."
"Major, your men are the ones in that cargo plane. Do you think they can handle this?"

A slight pause.

"Definitely. I recommend we intercept."
"If you say so, Major."

The Grand Admiral noted his agreement: Operation Accolade began.

ZAF C-130
"...so this girl, she's just the most massive jugs and I just-"
"ATTENTION ON DECK" interrupted the pilot, cutting off the young SN trooper. "OP. ACCOLADE IS A GO. COORDINATES ARE BEING TRANSMITTED AT THIS TIME. OPFOR INCLUDES THREE TECHNICALS WITH .50 CALIBRE WEAPONS, ESTIMATED 25 INFANTRY, ONE INFANTRY FIGHTING VEHICLE. JUMP TIME IN THREE MINUTES 58 SECONDS."

The announcement was sudden, making alert the Zealites and the SN. Met with the checking of weapons and battle silence of the SN, the troops looked each other over and prepared to jump. The SN would jump two minutes earlier than the Zealites, because of their wingsuit-style systems, and would land at roughly the same time. With the SN making an ambush for the vehicles, armed with HIMAT and SLADAR gear, as well as heavy grenades, the Zelaites would cut off any enemy retreating forces by being based about five hundred metres down the main road.

The rear door opened, the SN platoon covered their faces with visors. The light went green and the platoon began their jump into the heavens. They fell and gained lift, now automatically soaring to their LZ. Once there, they'd have roughly five minutes to set up their camp and begin the ambush, the Zellatians having about three minutes to prepare themselves for an attack.

Operation Accolade was go.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Thu May 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Ancali Highway, Seven miles away from Lordra, Lupeia Province, Zellatia

Dmitri Impuritevski drove his truck like he had for the last fifteen years. Back then, he had hardly been paid anything to drive from his route from Masol to Lordra, but now the rebels were paying him to drive a souped up mega truck. He didn't care for their cause, but if he got this truck to Lordra, he'd be paid 2,000,000 Million Zell Gold Dollars. With that, he could move to a nice villa in Tigaria and womanize all he wanted, just like his hero, Cam Beljos, man of action!

Those were sadly his last thoughts, as a New Hayesalian bullet went straight through his brain as the group of vehicles he was in was ambushed. The man next to him ducked and stopped the car, as the rest of the caravan began to scramble in an attempted to either run over or blast the enemy soldiers. His truck would make it to the Zellatian portion of the ambush, where it got promptly exploded.

It was over in half a minute, and the whole caravan stunk of smoke and debris. Bodies of the caravan guards littered the area, with hardly any casualties on the allied group's side. However, while the battle to defeat the caravan and take control of it was completed, just as the Zealites and the New Hayesalian grouped back up, they were suddenly surrounded.

A loudspeaker shrilled loudly as men from the surrounding hills, as if waiting for the allies to take the vait, came into view as the voice said, " This is General Lus Heige of the true and rightful rulers of Zellatian, the Forward Shade Party. If you surrender now, we will let you live! If you do not, we will detonate the explosives that we hid in the caravan! What shall it be, foreign dogs and pretenders!?"

Drakylyde, Lupeia Province, Zellatia

The chief of police, Chief Andronikos Drakyl, had given up. His men were now penned inside of the police station, and it was being bombarded by molatov cocktails and gernades. Most of his men were either injured or dead, and at this point only a miracle could save their town. Suddenly, screaming rang out, but not from inside the police station. Twelve men outside had begun swinging and shooting their way through the FSP members in the town that were surrounding the building. Chief Drakyl pulled out his binoculars to see who was saving them, and began to recognize them. The people swinging and shooting through the insurrectionists were all members of the Zealites who had been born in this town. Their ages ranged from 22 to 64, but they all knew what they were doing. Several of the FSP went down before they began to fight back, but by that time that happened, they had begun to retreat to the town center, to regroup. Two of the Zealites had fallen, but it gave the police enough time to recover from their bombardment. Maybe Drakylyde had a chance after all...
Last edited by Zellatia on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Upon hearing the loudspeakers, the SN ducked into the channels near to the road. An SN trooper, the Lieutenant, came onto the local radio- "stay down, keep an eye out. We're going to need to fight hard to get out of this one." The SN had been able to grab the canister of chemical weapons. About the size of a microwave oven, and weighing about 30 kilograms, it meant a soldier had to drop his weapon in order to carry it, leaving his Ripper slung over his shoulder. This soldier, Lance Corporal 'Thommas', was not thinking quickly as to how to not get shot while holding this particular hot potato.

The Lieutenant began to formulate a plan, the Staff Sergeant conversing with him over radio. The Zealites too were hearing it, sometimes giving information as to how to help. It took thirty seconds, and the FSP began to approach. The caravan was loaded, probably holding a massive 2,000 pound bomb. At least half of the force's strength would be killed it if detonated, the rest probably incapacitated.

The Army's elite explosive ordinance disposal teams often instructed the SN how to defuse weapons. Some SN members were qualified explosives expert. That insulted Corporals 'Robert' and 'Barry', the two now closest to the explosives.

The plan had been formulated. As the New Hayesalians prepared to meet in combat, the two Corporals had managed to infiltrate into the back of the caravan. Inside was a 2,000 pound dumb bomb, the types dropped by B-52 style aircraft in the 50's. They were still used in JDAM kits. The explosives experts worked quickly and calmly, or as calmly as possible, attempting to defuse the bomb. The darkness and their combat crawling, with some of their other allies moving in the shrubs, had drawn attention away from them for just long enough.

Robert began the render safe procedure. The top of the bomb was slowly removed, multi-tools cutting the yellow head away. Inside were three firing caps, attached to what looked like a mobile phone. Evidently the FSP had jury-rigged this bomb. Slowly, the two experts started prying loosed the firing caps from their wires, meaning that the phone would not be connected and could not detonate the bomb.

It took a minute and fifteen seconds, and the FSP began to get rowdy. Their general began to make threats of detonation as the two finished, sweat dribbling from their faces. But it was done.

"Sierra November Zulu, the IED is disabled, repeat, IED is disabled."

A second beat.

The FSP had now started to be identified. And the SN knew their job was now to run away- they told this to the Zealites.

"All units, on my mark, tactical withdraw to the east, lay down suppressive fire as you do it. Be careful of blue on blue. 3, 2, 1, Mark."

The General had picked up the phone for detonation as 40mm grenades exploded near his men, the slapping on bullets against earth reverberating around him. The only place for the NH and Zellatian forces to withdraw was still covered by a squad of FSP, who fired upon the SN. A round imapcted a soldiers armour, and he was kncoked down. The 7.62mm round did not make it through though, and the SN trooper was pulled up. The FSP blocking them were quickly sent to sleep.

Now the platoons were behind enemy lines, making frantic requests for extraction. While the allied forces would have to take the weapon and move over ten kilometres to the east, the duty of rescue fell to the Army's Special Aviation Force, with their V-30 Phantoms now enroute, assisted by two AV-30's- and one Brutus VTOL Gunship.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:50 am

The FSP members in the forest surrounding the now destroyed caravan scrambled into position as their comrades close to them were killed by concussive rains of fire upon their position. The mixed group of Zealites and Spetzgrupa N'chalniks hurried up the hill and killed several men in their way. A FSP sniper deeper in the back shot two rounds, felling the Zealite division commander, and one of the SN's, before he began to come under fire. While the Zealites were shocked at this, they kept their composure long enough to make it near the top of the hill, where more of the FSP were waiting. They barrelled through this group too, although the Zealites and SN's were starting to take casualties.

The hills in this area began to rise higher, towards the obviously burning city of Drakylyde. However, that was still 3 and a half miles away, so they couldn't worry about that right now.

The second in command of the Zealites, Spec. Lieutenant Gern shouted to his men, "We need to bring the damned thunder down, where is our ancestor stricken air support!?"

One of the Spetzgrupa glared at him while they continued to run up the series of hills overlooking the area. They were already starting to get fatigued, and most of the Zealites were either scratched by or hit by bullets in some way. They were trained for endurance, however, so despite the obvious pain they would all be in after they got away, if they got away, they kept trekking up the hills.

The Spec. Lieutenant, now acting as commander of the Zealites stopped his men at crest of a hill where the FSP were not currently holding a position. He turned to the SN's and screamed, "GET OUT OF HERE, WE WILL HOLD OFF THE FSP WHILE YOU ESCAPE. THERE IS TOO MANY OF THEM FOR US TO OUTRUN, KEEP GOING!"

Half a mile off, a helicopter began to approach....

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:00 am

The SN commander, Lieutenant 'Yarni,' began to fire back along with the Zealite. He screamed a simple "Don't you fucking die on us!" and fired another 40mm grenade, as another SN set up his LMG about a metre away. As the bullets started flying, the sounds of gunfire were washed out to that of explosions.

The V-30 Phantom was still two hundred metres off, but an Air-to-Ground Missile battery smashed the ground and the forest, setting it ablaze. An SN spotted it's origin as it ducked through a gap in the night cloud. A huge, lumbering, Brutus. The four-engined, vertical take off and landing gunship fired more missiles, obliterating what they hit. The huge thing blasted smoke and fire, it's four turbine engines carrying the huge steel and alloy beast of war aloft. It let fly more incendiary rockets, it's astounding 96 hardpoints beginning to really come into the play. This was the first deployment of the Brutus in armed combat, and it was earning it's name.

By this time, the Phantom had landed. It's coaxial rotors tilted up, and it landed as a helicopter. The chemical weapon was now aboard, as well as one SN dragging his comrade along, with a Zealite dragging another wounded SN into the tiltrotor. "Fucking move!" was the words being repeated into the radio. The unit no longer needed night vision: the fire from the hill began to light up the night sky. A dead SN was fireman carried by another into the Phantom, with more Zealites and SN getting in. The Lieutenant made the final call, to which anyone not inside the transport would respond to.

Nobody did.

The ramp closed as the Phantom took off again, the Brutus following it and acting as a guardian angel. SN and Zealite medics began to work on the injured, stemming blood flows and bandaging wounds. The flight was now protected by the jamming, a CE-32 Cuervo jamming plane now joining them after patrol, jamming ground frequencies as it flew along.

The chemical weapon was recieved. The SN and Zealites were saved.

The Brutus meanwhile, still had plenty of ordinance- the AV-30s were yet to expend any at all. One AV-30 stayed with the Cuervo and the special forces. The Brutus and second Reaper broke off.

They were headed to Drakylyde.

SPITTING BEAR

"Sir, Operation Accolade is finished execution phase." reported a Flight Sergeant.

The inside of the control plane was now lit by it's own light, not the ambient sunshine. The night had fallen and now the second crew had reported to duty. The Air Commodore, Grand Admiral and Major however were studying the effects of the nuclear strike. The crews had now ceased, radiation levels reaching dangerous levels and helicopters now being washed with anti-contaminants dropped by a New Hayesalian C-130J. TACAMPH amphibious cargo planes were now arriving in steady flights to move less seriously wounded people into New Hayesalian hospitals in Animaliston, it's southernmost province. But it was a slow process. Millions would still die in the next few hours from the radiation and their injuries. Some of them may have even seen the helicopters, their last form of hope, fly past them. It was a disturbing thought. The ships and helicopters involved would be awarded the Distinguished Unit Citation- it would do little to stifle the pain of lost souls.

Operation Accolade had been particularly followed. This chemical weapon was, as so far known, the only one the FSP had. Nuclear sites had been hit by SLAMS, massive rods penetrating bunkers and destroying the warheads. There would be high levels of radiation there, but not a brutally massive explosion. Zealites were now securing the chemical caches in other places, finding only little resistance from the few expeditionary fighters the FSP had sent.

"Casualties?" asked the Major, immediately.
"Four SN dead, five injured; Three Zealites dead, six injured." he replied, grimly.

The group paused, the Major shook his head. The first loss of SN troops.

"OK. Ensure that helo gets to Oassi. Redirect tankers as needed, I want that chem weapon to be destroyed as soon as possible." said the Air Commodore. "Sir," he addressed the Grand Admiral, "can you please check on the Emperor? It's been a while since we saw him."
Last edited by New Hayesalia on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:46 am

OPPENTIN NEWS EXTRACT

The news began on the dot, 6 o'clock. Watched by over a billion, it provided a key source of info for the New Hayesalian public. The well-known intro began, a professional animation showing key places in New Hayesalia- places like Chenist, Fotuzi, Jalanat, Halpo, Oppentin and Revnami. The news opening moved to the introduction of the two anchors, one grey, short-haired asian presenter and a white male with short cropped black hair. They introduced themselves and moved right into the news- even though special coverage from Zellatia had been ongoing on a separate channel from the same newsroom. This was broadcast on both.

"Moving right into breaking news, reports from the Ministry of Defence state that an incident has occurred in the ongoing conflict in Zellatia. At this time, no full reports have been revealed however the scale of the situation is not yet considered to be catastrophic. Let's go now to reporter Christie Anallie, who is currently awaiting a press conference at the Ministry in Revnami. Christie."

The picture cut to a brunette reporter standing and waiting for satellite feed, waiting in a press room. In the background, the New Hayesalian flag was flanked by the Air Force and Navy Ensigns, with a Navy Petty Officer readjusting the microphone. The room had about twenty reporters in it for news channels, more for radio and press.

"I'm here at the Ministry headquarters now, and in about a minute the Chief of Army, General Eli Knight, will address the assorted press here. Uh, we aren't a hundred percent sure what is going on just yet, but it will certainly be important, uh, oh- the General is here, let's listen."

The General entered, flanked by an Air Force and Navy attache. His tan uniform stood out, and he removed his peaked cap and began to speak, without introduction.

"At 5:42pm Oppentin Standard Time, a military operation was conducted in FSP controlled Zellatia. This operation is classified, however I can reveal that the actions of the New Hayesalian and Zellatian Special Forces who conducted it have saved the lives of millions of civilian lives. Sadly, four New Hayesalian soldiers were fatally wounded during this mission. Due to the secret nature of their mission and unit, their names cannot be disclosed. The families have been notified and are in talk with the military at this point. I extend my condolence to the families of those brave soldiers who lost their lives in this mission. Five further soliders were injured, and one is currently critical but stable. All other operatives will be brought back to New Hayesalia due to the severity of their wounds but at this time no further operatives have died of injuries."

"This mission will remain classified until such a time as the New Hayesalian Military sees fit to declassify it, but I can mention that this was a joint operation with Zellatian loyalists, and heavy resistance was encountered. I can also state that two soldiers are being recommended by the New Hayesalian Military for the Cross of the Sun, Second Class, for valiant actions. At this time, I cannot answer any questions."

The General and his aides left the room again, to the uproar of reporters hungry for news. The news would be buzzing about this mission for the next few days: but soon it would have bigger things to worry about.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Darkness flows along the horizon....

The clouds do not bring rain, but instead acid....

The brother cares not for his sibling's past, but his future....

Blood flows down an empty riverbed.....

An evil eye floats in the skies above a ruined city....

The dead walk, but not for a purpose....

The Emperor woke up with a start from his bed, breathing heavily as he did so. Part of his country was gone. Millions were dead, and millions would die before the day was through. He layed back down into bed and sighed as the Grand Admiral and Major came into the room, seemingly to check on him.

"Glad to see you are awake sir, I hope you are feeling at the very least ready and able?", asked the Grand Admiral, obviously relieved that the Emperor seemed okay.

"Yeah, I guess I am fine, Theodore." he said, as he got out of the bed, "Major, what is the current situation?"

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:45 am

"We're in a swimming pool of shit, but at least we're at the shallow end." replied the Major, curtly. "The FSP are making steady but slow advances, and we're starting to slow them down. Apparently nuking a civilian population centre and some of your own men causes frustration, and absenteeism. But I've never seen the Zealites so ready to fight."

"We've managed to locate and secure a chemical weapon of mass destruction, which we believe to be the last one. We've destroyed Zellatian nuclear and chemical caches, and now we have all our assets ready to go. We'll be fanning out from Oassi at this time, and I've heard a team of two gunships had excellent results in causing an FSP retreat in Drakylyde. We also have the 1st Marine Legion who will be appraching through the north of the country, and the 2nd Marine Legion from the West."

"Finally, we've gotten reports that some of the FSP have executed Zellatian civilians wh ooppose them in conquered cities Public executions, forcing people... children... to watch. At this point we aren't sure who the FSP leader is, because their seatholders have practically disappeared. Once we find the leader though, we will capture him. Whether or not he lives after that can be up to you."

"So the first mass assault will be again. Led by the Zellatian military, we will be contributing full forces. When you're up to it, you'll see we where we're going to make the first pushes in the Operations room. The big thing is again, the Overwatch. The New Hayesalian Military is doing a full stocktake, and so fair it's about half-done. It's the most likely place for the FSP to have got the tech from."

"So- see you on the end of the plane." finished the Major, leaving the Admiral and Emperor alone.

WEST OF TIGPO

There was an assortment of ships out in this sea. Amphibious assault ships of the New Hayesalian Navy, aircraft carriers, and guided missile destroyers were in bulk and in the amphibious ships even more movement went on. Infantry prepared themselves, tanks were loaded upon landing craft. Javelin IFVs began to make their amphibious trip and aboard the decks, transport helicopters of all varieties began to be loaded with troops.

Tigpo was under light assault. Mostly FSP infantry, but it would be an ideal home for the New Hayesalian Army's 2nd Marine Legion. Over 40,000 people were about to make landing here, from dozens of ships. The aircraft carrier, the NHS Sendall, an Achilles Class, had launched a squadron of F-223 strike fighters, and an EC-110 AWACS plane. A CE-32 Cuervo was also airborne ready to jam enemy air defences if needed.

"2 Marines, launch in one mike." came the radio command. Soldiers were already loaded into the first waves, amphibious Javelin FVs. With ten soldiers apiece, the wave of forty-five Javelins would provide the initial force of 450 soldiers. The Tipgo assault had begun, and the civilians here had little knowledge. The New Hayesalian flags flying from the Javelins would certainly stem fears, but the New Hayesalians were certainly a friendly force.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:00 pm

(here is the current map. The blue I's mark irradiated cities that are losing men due to the radiation.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41 ... tion5.jpg/ )
Tigpo, Pandonia Province, Zellatia

Lieutenant General Ticcius Po had not been long on his job as defence council for this part of Pandonia, but he had won this position through campaign promises and command experience. He had fought in both of Zellatia's last military engagements overseas, but this was a new experience all together. He had been a private defending the dominions during the last civil war, but now he was faced with the real posibility that one of his former comrades were going to kill him. One of his aide-de-campe's had already attempted to kill him, while another had attempted to rile the people here, but he would have none of that. One pistol's bullet to the head for each of them and the problems went away. Most problems anyways. The FSP were entrenched in their positions outside of town and had been shelling the town from afar ever since. Every strike force he had sent had come back with more deaths than kills. They had even entrenched the beaches in case someone arrived to help. Tricky rebels, always thinking of some way to annoy him. He already had 20,000 casualties this morning alone from the citizenry, not to mention the 6,000 soldiers killed after a shell had hit one of the bunkers where some of his men were sleeping. At this rate they might as well surrender, as reinforcements didn't seem like they were coming any time soon.

One of his men ran up to him, and stopped immediately at Ticcius pulled out his pistol and shoved it towards the messenger, "What is it? And please, not another assassination attempt."

The messenger froze up, "Sorry sir, I thought you'd need to know this immediately. New Hayesalian naval vessels have been spotted by our observatory in the north and are headed here."

The Lt. General sighed, "Well, if we know they are coming, then it'll be obvious to the insurrectionists momentarily. Prepare to help the foreigners get onto the beach head once they decide to land. Chances are they will send a small force to check if the beach is a good landing site, but send out a warning. Chances are, the rebels have mined the beach."

The messenger nodded and returned to his post. He smiled as he pulled out a device and pressed a few buttons before putting it away. The man then plunged a knife into the communications board and walked up the Lt. General, "Sir, I've told them. One more thing though..."and he stabbed the Lt. General in the chest just as he turned around to greet him. The commander gasped for air as he fell to the ground as the turncoat covered his mouth and restrained his arms. He waited a few moments and the commander of the Zellatian forces in Tigpo was dead. The New Hayesalians wouldn't know what hit them. Especially after missiles began firing from Tigpo at the New Hayesalian Navy.

The traitor turned on his radio, and relayed a message, "Tigpo has fallen. All hail the Imperator." and with a resounding cry a fire fight that no one was expecting took place. Within five minutes the loyalists remaining had either fled the city or were killed. Tigpo was now in the hands of the FSP.

From both of the FSP lines missiles began to erupt from carefully prepared sites. From the city of Tigpo, formerly hidden Overwatch missiles zoomed out of their launchers towards the New Hayesalian air assets, and from the former besieging lines, Zellatian missiles made especially to take out sea bourne targets, or T.I.G.A.R.(Tentative, Initiated, Ground to, Aquatic, Rockets) Missiles, fired out of silos that had been prepared into the ground. As the missiles from both areas zipped out, the turncoat smiled. It was going to be a good day.

------------------------------
Frosted Hill Observatory, The Frosted Moors, Zellatia

"Today was not going to be a good day", Captain Giano thought as he awaited a reply from Lt. General Po regarding reinforcing the observatory once Tigpo repelled the attackers. The observatory had always doubled as a military telescoping facility that sometimes was used to see particular targets far from Zellatia. However, today it was being used to watch the incoming New Hayesalian fleet, as it began it's landing on the beaches outside of Tigpo. He thought about his duty as he turned to watch Tigpo from above using his telescope and nearly dropped it over the ledge as he noted the fire fight erupting in the city. He watched in horror for five minutes as flags throughout the city were being changed to that of the FSP, and man shaped shadows ran northwards out of the city. "The city had fallen! Someone must have warned the New Hayesalians, right?" he thought as he ran to his communications post in the upper levels of the scientific spire. He began to jot out in morse code over and over again to the New Hayesalians the following.

W A R N I N G. D A N G E R. T I G P O C O M P R O M I S E D. B E W A R E. F S P.

After he relayed the message he sighed in his head as he wished he could scream. It wasn't like he could speak, hadn't been able to since the Civil War, the first one. He looked down dejectedly and planted himself into his seat. He could only hope that the New Hayesalians got his warning in time.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:59 am

ABOARD THE NHS SENDALL

Commodore Tim Fozue stood rooted to the spot aboard the Combat Information Centre of the Sendall. His aircraft, from Banshees to Cuervos, had began their first assault by launching from the deck and maintaining patrol over the carrier group. The marines had been slower, but now the first wave of Javelins was en-route. And according to the newest SITREP, under threat.

Reports from the flights above him came with bad news: the New Hayesalian aircraft were now being tracked by enemy SAM sites! More of those blasted Overwatches! How they'd been removed from New Hayesalian posession was a mystery to everyone, but they'd certainly managed it. The scarier part was initial reports from the Javelins, just over the horizon. Their high-powered cameras had reported the worst- Tigpo was under FSP assault, and dozens of the marines had already landed. Then it was backed up by an emergency morse code, read to the Commodore by a sailor not much older than 18. Shit.

TIGAR missiles began to streak towards the Javelins- reported to the crew by the wailing scream of the countermeasures system. But they were saved by it: automatically, the active area denial system of the Javelins fired, intercepting and destroying the enemy missiles. But they couldn't keep going through it.

STING 1, LEAD FA-22N FIGHTER JET

"All units, missiles inbound! Countermeasures!"

The F-A22N, piloted by the expert Lt. Commander Ryan Umani, broke off from each other and sped over the landscap, chased by the IR flares of the Overwatches. Flares lit the sky over Tigpo a bright orange, the magnesium glowing brightly and red hot. The New Hayesalians had experimented with the best patterns for anti-Overwatch- quarter-second bursts of five, three times. Every missile was distracted by flares, but one aircraft, another Sea Raptor, was still hit. Raman 9 had recieved fragmentation in the right engine- it was devastated.

"This is Raman 8, lost right engine power, I have to return to base!"
"Raman 8, NHS Sendall reports you are clear to land."
"Raman 8, acknowledge!"

That was one aircraft down but it would be the last. Now the flight of four CE-32s began to work. The PNTC-24, or the ¿Por qué No Te Callas? 24 horas, communications receiver went to work blocking radio frequencies of the enemy, military and civilian. UHF, VHF, satellite, FM, AM and all other communications systems would be shut down to the enemy, the FSP. GE-36 pods now also went to work, runing the radar guidance of the TIGRA and helping to disable to IR homing capabilities of enemy Overwatches.

The enemy missiles wouldn't fire properly, they were blind and deaf, and now facing a growing force of marines.

COAST OF TIGPO

The first few Javelins had landed. They rolled onto the beach, firing their active protection until the Cuervos came to help. But now their job of supporting the infantry began.

"Out!" screamed the Lieutenant commanding Opal 3, a ten man squad of the New Hayesalian Army's 2nd Marine Legion. The 2ML was home to the best amphibious soldiers, all soldiers having previously served in other Legions in the Army. It was a source of training, and it made sense that the Marine, Airborne and Mountain Legions therefore had a large supply of Lance Corporals.

The soldiers ran, dropping into fighting positions on the sandy beach. They wore their full Chameleon battle armour, armed themselves with Ripper assault rifles and CGPMG machine guns. Two had M112 SLADAR rocket launchers and one a Model 12 Scattergun. This was a well-equipped fighting team.

"Contract right, five men, reference the big tree!" yelled a Lance Corporal, aiming down the sights of his Ripper. The five men, wearing the distinctive dress of the FSP, had began firing inaccurately with AK-74 rifles. Some smacked the IFV. But before they could realise the bad choice they'd made, high explosive 30mm rounds smashed into their position accompanied by accurate 7.62mm bullets. They were decimated quickly, but more FSP were on the move.

Remote Weapons Systems, controlled by the comamnders of the IFVs individually, scanned around the Javelins as they began to roll up the beach onto the sidewalk. The FSP, fresh from their assault, had not encountered this before. On one IFV, a commander stepped out with his Ripper Mk2 strapped to him. He held in both hands a blue thing with what looked like two wings. A miniature UAV, the high-performance Puma AE was being used. Thrown into the air and controlled from the Sendall, the Puma- along with another four- would operate to find the enemy before they found the New Hayesalians.

More Javelins approached now, but before they reached the beachfronts, something else entirely had occured.

NHS MANDATE, MORAY CLASS SUBMARINE

Under the waves of this icy sea, the Mandate and her crew were at work. Their mission, despite being over 200 kilometres away, was vital. Their mission was the destruction of static ground defences with it's variety of cruise missiles. A CBU-160 Super Blackjack had been considered for the role, but in the end, the submarine had won the mission for stealth, firepower and range.

"Missile crew, HO! Prepare missile 1, 2 , 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9."

From the CIC of this submarine, the pale captain of this ship looked over a sunless crew. They lived under the waves, in a place no human should be- let alone do war. But now they had given coordinates, designating the first five TIGAR missile sites and four known Overwatch positions. Taken from allied Zellatian reports and information, as well as missile tracking hardware, the submarine was readied.

In this mission the New Hayesalians would fire a volley of six CP-170 Granit missiles, a 7,000 kilogram high eplosive warhead each, and three CTCM-10 Tactical Cruise Missiles with 450kg of advanced blast explosives. It would be a killing house in either way. The volley had been fired as the Javelins approached the beacheads, and impacted just after the second wave had landed. It would not go near the New Hayesalian forces: maybe not the local FSP.

The concern was civilian casualties. As far as the New Hayesalians knew, the residents of Tigpo had been mostly evacuated because of the likelihood of FSP attack to a safe place in the north. But if any remained near the blast zones, they probably would not live.
Last edited by New Hayesalia on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Frosted Hill Observatory, The Frosted Moors, Zellatia
As people fled northwards to his observatory in the hills from Tigpo, Captain Giano wished he could sigh aloud. Instead, he just got his equipment ready for any circumstances. Mostly because he knew that the FSP would have already sent forward troops to seize the observatory, and were sure to arrive before the refugees from Tigpo would arrive. He pressed a few buttons on the console next to him, and several weapons popped out. A minigun appeared on a nearby rail should he need it, as well as several other anti-personel weaponry. He pulled out a Zellatian Noble Styled Longsword, as it's serrates edge let out a cacophony of metallic ringing. He smirked and look down as he noted that several FSP "commandos" were on their way up the stairs to the fifth story, which was four stories beneath where he was now. He rolled his eyes and opened up an elevator that went straight to the 6th story where he pushed the hold button and turned on the one way mirror mode. He pushed another button and the way up further was sealed off.

The FSP commandos entered the room and noticed their way up was blocked off. As soon as all of them piled into the room, the door down also shut closed. A door opened and a sword began to swing. Before any of them even noticed, five of their troops had been downed by the silent Captain, and six more were decapitated as he moved swiftly through their ranks. The remaining seven pulled out their weapons, but just as they did so, Captain Giano shut a pulse of an experimental weapon at them and rolled away. All of their weapons failed to fire as the prototype weapon succeeded in it's first field test. The door downstairs opened again, and the remaining FSP infiltrators turned tail and ran. Big mistake. Captain Giano quickly slips in front of them while cutting two of the fleeing men down. The remaining five, seeing no escape, pull out martial weapons from the age before gunpowder and charge him. Another mistake, as one by one the remaining FSP militiamen fall and the Captain is left alone, for now, in his Observatory. As his sword dripped with the blood of traitors, he headed back upstairs and to the Observatory once more, passing by a name plaque.

Captain Giano von Leone, Commander of the Pandonian Zealites

Inside Tigpo

Several of the Overwatch site exploded as missile impact destroyed the majority of them. A few civilians who were hiding in the sewers nearby were killed, as were several FSP missile operators, but for the most part their destruction killed no "civilians". The use of the Overwatches, at least for now, were abandoned. However, the TIGAR systems were another thing entirely....

The Coast of Tigpo

Just as the New Hayesalians arrived on the beach, the local FSP began to use a trick of their own. They knew that if the New Hayesalians actually had the audacity to land, they'd likely use electronics of some kind. That was why soon after the second wave landed, a few men on a hill overlooking the New Hayesalian positions set up an odd looking turret. It wouldn't exactly shoot bullets per se, but if it worked like it did in the stolen memos that the FSP had nabbed from infiltrating Fort Zol, then enemy electronics would be useless for a little while. The turret fired, and the sky above the New Hayesalian positions began to cause static and loss of connection on the New Hayesalian end.

Elsewhere on the coast, more TIGAR missiles were readied to be fired. Despite not having the same capacity as before, the missile operating personel aimed the missiles manually, so as to hit them until they either ran out of missiles, or the New Hayesalian sunk. The Tigar missiles fired, and although they were less accurate, they were still functional.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:51 pm

TIGPO COAST

Inside the Javelins, communications and televisions systems began to blur, and their picture shatter. But it had limited effect beyond that. The onboard electronics of the Javelins were partially shielded, and since the Missourian Rebels war the New Hayesalia's had ensured their vehicles were EMP resistant. So they remained alive- as did their AYHK10-A3 control and tracking sub-system. The system tracked the source of weapons just like TIGRA. The driver of one Javlin pushed a button, and said softly as his turret autorotated towards it- "Got you now, fucker."

The high explosive rounds were fired directly at the open turrets, probably destroying them and whatever was inside. But they'd casused damage. The second wave, and part of the first, now had damaged primary radios and were going to be relying on hardened, weaker backups.

Now the dismounted marines began their charge, staying along footpaths and sidestreets, with the powerful Javelins patrolling the main streets. The next wave was now on the way, a force of five RAH-13 Habu attack helicopters and ten Hindenburg combat engineer tanks- great for bashing roadblocks and with it's short barrel a killer in the urban environment. They were now headed towards to coast in landing craft, which would drop off the tanks in less than one minute.

The TIGARs, as yet known, were not fully taken out. But the Javelins and Habus would take them out.

Now the marines moved forwards, Rippers kept jhigh. An ambush would be devastating- and sniper presence was thought to be around. Once the force reached the city HQ, the battle could start to be won.

This operation was already very well equipped. But one more aircraft would arrive in thirty minutes.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:02 am

Tigpo Coast

Just as the EMP turrets were destroyed, the hills nearby erupted in a cacophony of noise. This was mostly because hijacked vehicles from an army base nearby that had been ransacked were now arriving. Over the hills came heavily Equipped Gunships, which began to launch missiles at the approaching marines. At the same time, Zellatian Crystal-Hider tanks approached, and began to unload their artillery at the approaching foreign heavy arms. The tanks launched heavy shells in two groups. The first shells launched were anti-tank, so to at least distract or incapacitate the approaching heavy armor. The second group of shot shells were a type rarely used by Zellatia, SSPS (Steel Skin Penetrating Shells), which were anti-personel based. The FSP ground troops also began to switch over the RPG's and the like in order to bog down the approaching marines. Additionally, the hills surrounding the beach began to erupt with sniper fire, and while they were not professional quality, the quantity of the snipers on the surrounding hills almost guarenteed that the New Hayesalian marines would be stuck here for a while

Elsewhere on the line, the TIGAR missiles were still being launched at the approaching Javelins. Not only that, but some of the operators had switched targets. Despite the fact the NHS Sendall was far away, the TIGAR missiles could reach it if they aimed properly. Five or so operators aimed and fired, hoping to their ancestors they could land a hit.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:21 am

ON THE GROUND

7.62mm rounds hit the armour of a Javelin, pinging being heard on the inside of the vehicle.

"Technicals, 1 o'clock!" yelled the commander of this Javelin, as the main trret swivelled to face. Two 30mm rounds fired, the high explosive round exploding the technical and vaporising it's two crew. More technicals were now coming out of the wood-works, but thankfull no infantry had been killed by them yet- they usually foused on the Javelins.

On a sidestreet, a squad of soldiers alongside their Javelin escort moved slowly but surely, checking windows for snipers. A destroyed TIGAR system was seen in the distance, the vehciles of the FSP littered around it. Another explosion rang- but in the mind of Private Remy Tomkin, it was too close.

A Crystal Hider tank fired, hitting the Javelin before the ADS could intercept. The fragmentation hit the soldiers near to it, but they were saved by their tough armour- not for long. The Crystal Hider rolled out into the street, .50 calibre now facing towards the infantry.

"Fuuuuuckiing ruuuuuuuuuuuuuun!" screamed Pte Tomkin, as she pulled a shocked marine into the nearby apartment. The huge tank fired again, barely missing the marines now slinking into the nearby apartment building through doors and windown alike. The Javelin crew also scurried out the escape hatch in the rear of the tank as the Crystal Hider was distracted, the commander's face bleeding. Some marines had shock, some were shitting themselves in fear. But they were not alone.

"This is Alpha 2-9, we're pinned down by armour at grid-" BOOM- the Hider fired another round, decimating a wall. "-SHIT- grid reference 3-3-4-8-6-5-6-5, Javelin 3-1 is destroyed! Requesting air support at once, requesting air support at once!"

Another shot hit the apartment building, a marine being blown off his feet. He was unconscious, the shock knocking him to the ground. Pte Tomkin called- "Jackis!" before breaking the line of safety: the marines ahead screamed, she was exposing herself to the tank. The Lance-Corporal ahead thought quick, throwing a bright yellow Model 5 Obscurant Grenade at the tank. The thick smoke obsured the tanks vision, and it was an amazing throw- the grenade had now been lodged between the hatch and remote weapons system .50 calibre!

Tomkin wasn't safe yet. She dragged the unconscious man into a room, an apartment block. She lay down, covering with her body the unconscious soldier. The Hider tried to retreat from the yellow smoke. The scream of a turbine engine was heard, and from the lower street appeared a RAH-13. The vicious Habu. It fired a series of high explosive shells from it's gatling gun, expertly hitting the tank. The barrel blew away, smoke erupted. The tank was disabled and the Habu left quicker than it arrived.

"This is 3-9 request MEDEVAC..."
"Tomkin!"
"Account for yourselves!"

A cacophony of sound erupted from the apartment as the New Hayesalians yelled out.

The private looked over the man she portected. Still breathing. And she looked at her surrounds. There was a man and a woman. Dead. Not from the New Hayesalian missile strike- they had been shot. A note from the FSP was atop anti-FSP messages on the table. "Do not end like them. Support the Forward Shade Party."

It was a despicable sight. Thanks to the automatic noise shutoff of the helmets of the Chameleon, the Private still had her hearing. And now she heard what sounded like wailing. Not of an adult- but of a baby. She put her comrade into recovery position, and she raised. Stumbling and limping from a piece of fragmentation. But the adrenaline powered her. She opened a door.

Inside, a baby. In a regular cot, in a regular room. Untouched by the devastation near to the apartment, untouched by a war he didn't deserve.

"Tomkin!"

Two more soldiers entered, looking for the pair. One arrended to the unconscious soldier, and gasped at the death. The other found Tomkin, staring shocked at the baby. "Shit, Tomkin, you're bleeding, you ne- oh, christ..."

The paused.

"How does this shit happen to a baby." she said, silently.
"I don't know." said th other soldier, softly, quickly. "Look, you're injured, you need to Medevac. There's a heli on the way, let me help-"
"No... I need to do something first."

She quickly began opening drawers in the main office, followed quickly by the other soldier. She pulled out documents, and found a birth certificate. Zekton Zellarans was the childs name, a mere two months old. Tomkin was a twenty year old single woman, but a mothers instinct took her over. She removed her helmet, revealing blonde hair and a bruised face. She lifted the baby. He would not be exposed to this any more.

The other solider was lifted by the two in the room, the others looking out for enemy fire. The rotor blades of a CAH-24 Super Hind roared, as it landed in the open area of what used to be a TIGAR complex. Ash, dirt flung up the soldiers. And the private limped, cloth covering the baby, and entered the Hind. She and the unconscious soldier, and the baby would now be taken home, the NHS Camavale. And in this course of action, Tomkin would be awarded the Cross of the Sun, 3rd Order. The baby would be taken into care aboard a hospital ship now, until relatives could be found. But who knew when that would be.

ABOVE TIGPO

The enemy gunships came from over the hill. And they began to be really jammed. Some roared in at over three hundred kilometres an hour, firing missiles at marines on the ground. They were effective, killing two marines and injuring eight. Two more deaths than necessary. There were seven enemy gunships and seven FA-22 Sea Raptors overhead. The Sea Raptors locked on, firing a volley of ten CAAM-90E Head Lock missiles. Thanks to jamming, the gunships would never hear the lock and launch warnings, and they couldn't respond to the appraching missiles. The CAAMs hit wih accuracy, 11 kilogram explosives detonating and smahing the gunships. They fell from the sky, bursts of smoke. A few exploded on impact.

The TIGARS were a new problem. The Pumas showed more and more launches, a few Javelins being subjected and being disabled by them- the drivers were then told to join their fellow soliders as infantry, joining the assault. Some were injured: two died. But more and more TIGAR missiles bega to fall to the missiles of the RAH-13 Habus. More technicals were lost to the Javelins. More Crytsal Hiders hit Javelins- they in turn were sometimes destroyed by Pionerpanzers and airstrikes. Tigpo had desceneded into a form of total war. More Sea Raptors were launched to join the assault force, and now another giant entered.

Above the chaos flew a large plane. A C-130J Hercules. More accurately, an AC-130J. With gatling guns, BOFORS 40mm cannon, and an M105 Howitzer the Spooky gunship would now bring a whole new force to the conflict.

A wave on infantry was now seen, infiltrating Tigpo on the back of technicals. 25mm gatling guns spooled up.

"Spooky 1- open fire."

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Tigpo

Several groups of FSP had already started to flee southwards away from Tigpo, back to Crystoin. However, There were still at least 70,000 FSP left in Tigpo, and they were not backing down. At this point some were getting so reckless that they charged New Hayesalian lines and blew themselves up. They knew that their surrender would not be allowed, and even if they fled, chances are they wouldn't make it. So they began to use guerilla tactics. They would ambush the New Hayesalians whenever able, and if they failed they would just kill until they were dead. So it goes.

The Crystal-Hiders in town were being decimated, and despite the fact that they were the strongest type of tank in Zellatia, the New Hayesalians had something that could pierce it's specialized shell. Still, the Crystal-Hiders were taking down many of the New Hayesalian Javelins. However, it was a matter of time before the remainder of the once large squadron of 250 Crystal-Hiders were annihalated.

The TIGAR weapon systems weren't doing much better. At this point they were being abandoned enmasse and their operators were fleeing to Crystoin. The ones still firing were running out of missiles themselves, and they were now aiming the Missiles at the Javelins that were heading into the city proper.

Crystoin

Those fleeing to Crystoin didn't live very long. The civilians, after hearing what happened in Tigpo rised up and had killed all of the FSP in the town, and commandeered their weaponry. They slaughtered any FSP member trying to flee to safety and that was that. The FSP on the coast of Pandonia might as well have been wiped out today. But that is not where the danger lies....

Further inland, in the province of Solonia, the town of Crysto's defenses faltered and fell. The hordes of FSP soldiers, most of them much better trained than those in Pandonia were now bearing down on Kord and Pandoni. In addition, the defending soldiers in Solon were now facing a farther reinforced front from the FSP and were starting to lose ground.

(OOC: here's the newest map http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21 ... tion6.jpg/ )

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:20 am

TIGPO

The combined assaults of the AC-130, airstrikes from helicopters and fighters, and the strong assault of the soldiers and metal machines of war was quickly overwhelming the opposing force in Tigpo. The soldiers were now under ambush, a desperate FSP resistance taking control. Suicide bombers, suicide vehicles and RPG attacks were now really taking a toll, with more soldiers being blown away with the mad FSP.

The final part of the assault was now being wrapped up. More vehicles were landing, more waves of Pionerpanzers and Javelins with more and more marines. Cottonmouth, Super Hind, and Phantom helicopters now delivered more and more marines, who fastroped onto the tops of buildings or landed in open areas, to avoid being struck by the deadly RPGs. But in this battle, the wave of New Hayesalian troops had kept a strong frontline, and they continued forwards.

The first wave now rolled upon the city hall of Tigpo, with the second wave directing their attention to the city airport. With the quick New Hayesalian following of the original FSP assault, they hadn't had time to get to the aircraft- Zellatian fighter jets, attack helicopters and some civilian jets could be used still. Loyalist pilots may be in shorter supply- but their planes could still be used.

The FSP flag over the city centre fell. The New Hayesalian flag, as well as the Zellatian flag, was now raised in place. Tigpo had fallen once again- but into friendly hands.

The AC-130 was not rested yet. In fact, it was joined by a second AC-130, now coming over the horizon. Escorted by three F-22N Sea Raptors with anti-radiation missiles and air-to-air missiles, and one of the CE-32 Cuervos, the AC-130s had a new mission. Reports showed that the stronghold of Crysto had now started to fall. The Zellatian assets inside at this point could stem the flow: but the New Hayesalians would help by neutralising enemy communications, SAM sites, and using the two AC-130s to bombard the enemy waves now reinforcing the FSP attackers.

It was all they could do until more Zellatian troops could be airdropped.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:18 pm

OOC: Since I am not sure what exactly to do, I'll show you something that is happening outside of Pandoni.

Outside of the city of Pandoni, Pandonia Province, Zellatia

It was already a bad day when Ronuld Pandarborn arrived at his stables. He had retired from the army twenty years ago once horses were taken fully out, but he had kept the lot of them. All of the horses in the west of Zellatia were in a facility he ran, and most of them were very old. Nonetheless, they were still in fighting shape, and they were needed again. He had called several of his old war buddies, and they had all agreed to join him here today. This group of old army friends were around 200 strong, not enough to ride all of the horses here, but more than enough for what he planned on doing. The police forces here were joining him as well, some of them bringing horses, others bringing motorcycles. Either way it didn't matter to him. A cavalry was a cavalry motorized or equine, it didn't matter to him. At least as long as no tanks were involved, that is.

They arrived around midday, in time to hear that Crysto to the south had fallen. Soon the FSP forces would arrive, and partisans in the city would begin sneak attacking police and military areas. By the time they arrived, they'd see something that hadn't been seen in Zellatia since the first civil war. And boy would they be surprised.

5 hours later

Colonel Fritz Hernand-Zel had only been in command of his unit for a day and a half, but he had already been decorated with awards. He had personally lead his men into the City Hall of Crysto and killed the mayor and his guards. He'd broken the back of the defending forces there as a result, and was still flying high. Then he saw a horseman on a hill. Screaming. The shots fired seemed to miss the horsemen who were now charging at his position, as they brought their lances to the fore. His men were skewered as the horses and the odd motorcycle streamed through his ranks. He tried to yell, to tell his men to retreat, but by the time he tried to speak, a lance was stuck through his chest. He just stared into the sky as he began to bleed out onto the ground. As his life drained away, he could only ask, "how was it all possible, after everything, that ..."

He didn't finish his question.

The mainlines, the forests and riverlands south of Pandoni, Pandonia Province, Zellatia

Ronuld stared at his enemies as he led his men in another charge. Already, his men had taken fifty casualties, the majority of them being his old friends. But for every man of his that died, fifteen or more enemies had fallen. His men had been surprisingly effective today, and they were using tactics that none of the enemy seemed to expect. As a gernade flew by his head, and killed three of his men, he stared angrily into his enemies' eyes and let out a battlecry. He was alive. They were soon to be otherwise.

5 miles to the east, along the Pandonia and Garrissonia province borders, Zellatia

The FSP were trying to use the forests here to sneak up to the source of the two rivers that fed Pandoni in order to poison the water supply of the town. They would never make it. The 5,000 rebels who made it to the mountains never saw it coming. The Fifth Legion had arrived. The Zangids may have been pushovers in the past, but now they were here. And now their enemies would die. They had watched their land ravaged by Civil Wars and Anarchy in the past. This time it would be different. Their leader, General Haji Kubelie screamed, and the legion screamed with him. 100,000 men stormed down the hills. The other legions of the Zangids were moving. They would leave no survivors.

Over Crysto

Despite the fact that Crysto had fallen, many troops were still filing through the town. The troops, from the core of rebel holdings in Zellatia, were on their way north, to treat the cities there like this city. They were not expecting New Hayesalian air support to be over the town. As soon as the AC-130 came over the town, it opened fire on the rebel positions. As soon as it opened fire, the troops in the town left their open positions, but not before over 400 of them died.

While that penetrated the lines on the ground, the few anti-air assets on the ground, simple SAMS for the most part, aimed at the AC-130's position and opened fire, missiles launching towards the airborne vehicle.
Last edited by Zellatia on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:07 am

"Countermeasures!" called the pilot of one AC-130, his calls seconded in the other. They pulled out of the pylon turn, popping a series of flares and using the advanced systems on the CE-32 to track the source, as well as the visual calls of the F-22N pilots. Five infra-red seeking missiles were trying to lock onto the two large gunships but their time was short-lived. As the missiles chased the flares and exploded harmlessly, the AC-130s went into another pylon turn. Their miniguns fired a stream of explosive fire, focused on an anti-aircraft soldier. An F-22 pulled out and into a strafing run, 20mm explosive tipped shells targeting another soldier. The lock signal stopped, and the AC-130s returned to blasting away the approaching foes.

"Boom!" said the FCO to himself, allowing no smile. It was a harsh job, morally.

OVER THE OUTSKIRTS OF PANDONI

Mama Flight was now enroute. Pandoni had been holding out well against the insurrectionists, as they were now known. More like plain stupid for getting a New Hayesalian rise, said Corporal Tom Burenn, a member of the 1st Battalion, 2nd Division, 1st Airborne Legion. The 1st Battalion hadn't taken part in the attack on Tigpo, but the bravery and efforts of the Marine Legion had really helped- in case of emergency the New Hayesalians had a place to land.

To ferry nearly a thousand troops into battle required a big plane. Multiple big planes, in fact. With a huge capacity for just over 100 paratroopers, plus a selection of vehicles including Bushmaster PMVs and SQUIREs, required Mama Flight to be a flight of fifteen C-17 Globemaster III cargo planes. They had a fighter escort, CSu-35UE Terminator strike fighters. The Terminators had to investigate a potential SU-25 base, removing them from their support mission. A bad thing.

The Globemasters now approached the drop zone, ten kilometres from Padoni. The C-17s carrying infantry, ten of them, now opened their rear doors. "Wait for green light!" called a Captain in the rear of the craft. Corporal Burenn was slightly further back from him, and itching to go. Catcalls and whoos were heard in the aircraft, young men and women ready to go into an operational fighting area.

Green light. The paratroopers began falling, Gabriel ADS systems deploying. This was a high altitude, low opening with the automated system doing all the work. The noise was loud, jets and whistling air. Burenn loved it, the feeling of a jump.

More paratroopers fell, he was not far from his own. A C-17 to the starboard of his own pulled left suddenly, dropping flares.the C-17 he was in also tilted, throwing out a few troopers. They'd still land fine. "What happened there?" called some voices on the radio. Then Burenn saw, a small glint. An SU-25 Frogfoot in FSP markings. His C-17 popped flares again, and he jumped. The last man out.

The explosion behind him warmed him up and stunned him. An air to air missile had struck an engine of the C-17, sening it diving. He saw the pilot start to recover. Then blackness, the last thing he saw. And what the Frogfoot's pilot saw. Despite the armoured glass canopy, the force of a 70kg human with 30 kg of gear travelling into it at a combined speed of 700 kilomtres an hour shattered it and killed both of the two.

"Shit, Frogfoot!""Get your Needlers!""Did it get the Globemaster, shit it did!"

"Wait, it's going down!"
"Did someone hit it?"
"Yeah, I saw someone fly into it!"
"Fuck!"
"Sections, sound off and report back!"

There was a pause while section commanders went to work doing number calls.

"It's Corporal Burenn! Shit, he got ran over by a Frogfoot!"
"He frickin' saved us." called a Lieutenant over the radio. "And the C-17s up there. That is gallantry, even if he didn't intend it. You all have jobs, get moving- to Pandoni!

The C-17's engines were shut, and under it's own power from the other three engines it was able to land at the newly controlled Tigpo Airport. It was a very lucky day for them, but luck borne of death. Perhaps it was an analogue for the whole New Hayesalian presence here.
Last edited by New Hayesalia on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Outside of Pandoni

While the Rebel forces now heading towards Pandoni were their core of the army in the west, they were still having trouble against the Fifth Legion, who were recently flown in from Zangid Province. Other, smaller, reinforcements were on their way as well, and had already began to land outside of Pandoni, bolstering the defences there. Even with New Hayesalian reinforcements from the coast, however, there were too many troops here currently to be pushed back. Even worse, the rebel air force was now in the skies above the battlefield and were dogfighting with the Allied Loyalist forces. The insurrectionists seemed to have every single type of weapon that the Zellatian army had, partly because some of them were deserters, but also because they had stolen from hidden caches throughout Zellatia. Pandoni was extremely important in the long run, so it was highly impropable that the FSP would nuke it.

The rebel pilots, when they knew they were doomed, would do the proper way of Zellatian battle suicide, throw their planes into enemy flanks or even other enemy flying vehicles. The rebels crystal hiders on the ground were also fighting to move forward against the allied lines, and there were already several holes in the defences. Some of the enemy had been able to get past the main lines, although that number remained small. Nonetheless, it would take a miracle for Pandoni to last any longer than three days without major reinforcing, and the Zellatian forces could only bring in so many loyalist troops in before they started to lose cities they would have otherwise held.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents