NATION

PASSWORD

Man is made anew (Closed, Forgot to mention that)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Mon May 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Grellia placed the book in her lap and looked down at its cover, as Fa-Tev sat down beside her. A few hours ago, it seemed like the most important thing in her life and now, it was just a book. But it was her book and it was all she had left. Her fingertips flicked against the edge of the pages, trying to capture what had made it so important to her, but it was merely paper. What magic did she think it held?

She turned her head towards her companion and looked at him closely. She had been with him several hours and she had not really seen him. As she studied his face, she could see the pain that he had been suffering, but she could also see the hope that still resided there. Had she really been the cause of that? Had she, a nobody from a ruined town, really given someone back the spirit that they lost?

Her gaze followed his hands as he reached in and retrieved his shoulder pads. She could not help smiling as she watched. Even as she watched him, it was like he was changing into a different person, she could hardly recognise him as the man who had shot her in the leg and carried her through the woods only hours ago.

When he handed her the necklace, she examined it closely, turning it over in her hands. She had no knowledge of runes, but she got the feeling it was something important. It meant a lot to him, so in turn in meant a lot to her. She did not own any jewellery herself, her mother would not let her accept anything from anyone. Such things were to show that someone belonged to another and her mother had refused to let her be promised to anyone. But it seemed like the right thing to do to keep this one, if he was offering it to her. He had offered to protect her, she took this as a sign that he meant to do just that.

“It’s beautiful,” she murmured softly.

Fa-Tev looked away and continued talking, explaining about a Prophet. She listened with interest and by the time he finished, she thought she understood a little more about what was happening. But there was so much to take in that her head felt like it was swimming. She got the most of it that someone granted power and she was one of these people. She had no idea why her, but she knew that she had no choice but to follow her destiny. Her mother always told her than there was a path for everyone and that once you found the start of it, it would lead you wherever you were supposed to go. Her path had led her to her book and now to this strange place, so it had to be where she was meant to me.

She nodded her head in response to his question. “I think I would like that,” she said, then looked at him a little alarmed. “It won’t hurt, will it? No one has ever been in my head before, at least, I don’t think anyone has.” She had seen people in her dreams and they had spoken to her, but they were normally her mother and brother, or other people that she knew.

Then she lifted the necklace up to him, giving him the chance to take it if he wanted it back. “Is this for me?” Before she asked, she felt that she knew the answer, but she had been told that it was wrong to take what was not hers.

The search party scoured the surrounding area, looking for Grellia. No matter what the man in his head had said, Doran was not leaving anything to chance. The girl could not have left the Island and when he found her, he was going to make her regret the moment she stepped out of the town. What he had done to her mother was nothing compared what he was going to do to the little bitch. She would regret the day that she had made him angry.

When they had returned several hours later, the only trace that could be found of her was the bag she had carried her book in. It had been found under a tree and there were a man’s footprints nearby, that led away from the town. They had tried to follow, but they trail was lost when the ground turned into rock, and they were unable to find it again, no matter how far out they searched. But they had a general sense of the way he was heading, but it was possible that he changed direction when they were unable to track him.

Doran’s temper just flared with every bit of news he had about the girl. It would seem that there was some truth to the dream’s declaration that he had her taken, but that did not mean that everything else was going to come true. They would make an offering to the ‘Dark One’ and ask for guidance.

Carmen sat in the darkness, her eyes focused on the wall ahead of her, seeing the symbol in her mind’s eye. She had seen what would happen to the girl and she knew that it was Doran’s fault that the end would come. If he had sacrificed the girl like the ‘Dark One’ had wanted, she would not have fallen into the arms of the enemy. Doran did not listen to her, he only heard what he wanted to hear. His lust for human flesh was going to be his downfall, the ‘Dark One’ was displeased with him.

There was still hope, but Carmen knew that the end was coming, and it was coming fast.
Nation name: The Empire of Tartarus
Nationality: Tartarian

Ruler: Her Imperial Majesty, Gehenna, Empress of Tartarus

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Mon May 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Fa-Tev then looked at her and slowly smiled.

"Did you notice how I answer questions before you even speak them?" He said "I am a seeker and as such have a ability to suit my personality. I can sense your thoughts when you have questions you need answering. When he visits you , you'll have some time to shape the dream. It's not going to hurt or anything , but it will be very real for both of you. At the same time , you both will be able to change the way you look and the surroundings if needed."

He then looked at the necklace as she held it up.

"Oh so you don't know what it means?" He asked "Grellia......I don't have much left of a family and I'm pretty sure you don't have one anymore. If you take that necklace , then I am basically your adopted uncle. It's all up to you , but I would be happy if you would accept it."

He then looked at the wall and sagged his shoulders. What am I doing? She's not going to take it this soon if ever. He then frowned and looked down at the floor.

Seth sensed what was going on and reminded himself to go into a trance that night. Then he remembered the reason his people seam to always win.Those he fought always thought they would win because of their faith. Actually "The Enlightened One" and "Dark One" canceled each other out more or less. Both sides were roughly just as determined and both put up a good fight. However the other side stopped to "pleasure itself" from time to time , which slowed them down and made them slaves to what they wanted.

His people on the other hand got a unbelievable high from fighting the good fight and didn't have arterial motives. They didn't fight amongst themselves and were loyal to the point of madness. What he didn't know is that was the reason why they were so faithful and clean. Drugs couldn't get them as high as they already were and lust was wrapped in mental blankets changing it. However they were pretty much unable to feel much outside of brotherhood , hate and love.

He did know one thing however that would lead him to knowing this. When he met his mistress every 2 days or so , they would sit down and talk for a long time. He was attracted to her , but it was triggered by her understanding of him and her intelligence. She seamed to like how he didn't really care how she was different and how he was a powerful man who put his life aside just to talk to her. Seth was well aware he was mad in a certain way , but so was everybody who followed "The Master".

Seth knew he was like a animal being completely civil because he was being fed treats constantly to be so. However , at least his wants and desires that consumed him helped others. There were said to be three reasons why any human made a choice. They were greed , conscience , and reason , most the time they were very different. However in Seth's kind of people , greed and conscience were the same thing.
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Mon May 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Grellia felt a little easier once he had finished explaining the dream to her. Everything still sounded crazy to her, but at the same time it seemed to make sense. She had never met anyone who could read her before and it felt that strange that he could pre-empt her thoughts, but she also found it comforting. Her mother could do something similar, not to the same level, but it always felt like she knew what Grellia was thinking.

Thinking of her mother made her feel sad. She was lonely and at the same time, this man, a stranger to her was willing to be her family. He knew nothing about her, other than she was a Blessed One, and yet he was willing to think of her as his own blood. She felt oddly happy, despite the single tear that rolled down her cheek.

She held out the necklace to him and smiled. “Would you put it on me?”

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Mon May 14, 2012 8:35 pm

He seamed very shocked for a bit as he ran what she said threw his head.

"Really?" He said as he began to smile "Okay then I will be more than happy to.

He took the necklace from her and slowly on it on her neck. He was very happy to have family again and actually began to laugh a little.

"If you could read my surface thoughts as well." He started "Would you be willing to do it? I have much I wish to be known , but can't truly say."

His mind then organized and prepared it's self for her. If she was going to look into him and understand him , she might as well feel welcome. I wonder if she can hear me. Perhaps my thoughts of leading her to the War Chief. I am so unsure if she will be ready to ask for his support. he would provide the men needed , she would give the energy to strike , and I would lead the charge. Then a thought he was unaware of surfaced in his mind and moved around for a few seconds. Should I be injured during the fighting , she can bring me back. However only she can , if I am hurt away from her I will perish.

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Mon May 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Grellia watched Fa-Tev’s face and felt a little uneasy when he stared at her, as if she had said the wrong thing. But when he broke into a smile, it felt infectious and she could feel her own smile growing on her lips. As he fastened the necklace around her neck, she placed her hand on the pendant, as if she could touch the meaning of the word against her skin. When she heard him laugh, it was like the most wonderful sound in the world. He had been so sad and miserable, and yet there he was laughing again. It made her heart swell with happiness.

“I don’t know how,” she said, as he spoke about her reading his thoughts. If she had the ability to read people’s thoughts, she would most certainly have used that talent before now. No one would have been able to keep a secret from her and she would know exactly what everyone thought of her, although she knew that such knowledge was not always a good thing.

From the look on his face, she felt she should at least try and she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. I can hear what he’s saying, I can hear what he’s say…, she thought to herself and then she realised she actually could. Or at least…

She opened her eyes and his mouth was closed, but she could hear him speaking about some War Chief and leading charges. She was grinning widely, when suddenly the smile slipped as the final words seeped into her thoughts. She shook them away quickly, not wanting to hear such things. He was not going to perish. She had only just found him and she was not going to think about him going away, like her brother, like her mother.

“I…I feel tired,” she said, not wanting to think about it anymore.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Mon May 14, 2012 9:44 pm

"What is wrong?" He asked worried "Did you see something you didn't like?"

He searched his thoughts , but didn't find what he was looking for. Then he searched hers and found out something he was not fully aware of. By his name......she could actually heal me? I thought I was doomed should I be shot or such , but ............she could heal me. What would happen if she poured her strength and compassion into me? Would I be strong as steel and tough as bricks? I wonder what else I am hiding from myself.

"Don't you think about me dying ,I don't like it when your sad." He said "We can now sense what the other is feeling , but I am vastly different in one way. My joy and happiness comes from outside me , I can't feel it unless someone else does."

He then brought his face a bit closer to hers to speed the passing of thoughts. He for a few seconds tapped into a complex and thoughtful part of himself he didn't know he had. However it began to fade midway and instead humility surfaced. I am not what you think I am. I am more or less a puppet of those I have swore loyalty to. If you plant a thought in my head , I will think it over and perhaps agree to it. You place your hope into me and I am hopeful. However if you place trust and mental endurance into me , there is nothing I can not do. Your investments will grow inside me and send wonderful things back to you. I trust you with my life and my mind , I only ask that you trust me to survive. Besides......I'm really nothing without anyone else , I am unable to decide which way to go by myself.

He then hugged her tightly and tried to mask his thoughts , but he just couldn't. He slowly began to sob and began to doubt himself. He truly did care for her , but he had never really thought much of himself.

How important am I really? Would you actually care if I died?
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Tue May 15, 2012 6:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Tue May 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Grellia was overwhelmed; there was no other way to describe how she felt. When she had woken up that morning, she was the same young woman she had always been, but life had not been willing to keep her life as carefree as it had been. First her mother had told her of Doran’s plans for her, which had repulsed her, and then she had been taken from the only place she knew and told some wild story that was still swimming around her head.

But those feelings were nothing compared to how she felt when she read Fa-Tev’s mind and realised just how important he thought she was. He was placing a huge amount of responsibility on her shoulders and she was not even sure she totally believed that she was capable of doing what he asked. How could she instil those kinds of things into someone, she could barely instil them into herself.

She placed her hand lightly on his, as his thoughts began to die away and he released her from the hug. “I cannot promise you that I can do all those things you ask of me, but I can promise that I will try as hard as I can to do what I can,” she said, her voice full of resolve. “And I know that we have only just met and not under the best circumstances, but I feel…I feel a connection with you. And I would be sad if you died. Because you are my uncle, my family, the only person I have left.”

Her gaze dropped down to the book in her lap, as her fingers of her free hand closed around its spine. She picked it up and held it out to him. “You gave me something to show how much you care for me, now I am giving you something to show how much I care for you. It’s not much and it’s kind of beaten up, but it’s all I have and it’s something very special to me.” She waited for him to take it. “Once this is all over, we will sit down and read it together, so I am trusting you to keep it safe.”

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Tue May 15, 2012 2:12 pm

He looked at the book for a few seconds and nodded once. He took it from her and flipped threw the pages. He then smiled and looked at her.

"Thank you." He said "This has gone much better than I could hope for. In just a few hours purpose, hope , happiness , and understanding have been given to me. Do not worry , I will help you gain what is rightfully yours."

He then reached into his pack and pulled out the last thing in it , a small , clean whitish book. He opened it slowly and read the curved , ancient text.

"The "Enlightened One" in his wisdom , created a simple format for "Blessed Ones" to enchant others." He read "One must simply lay hands on the place needing chanting and demand or ask it to preform better. If a group is needed to be chanted , simply have them chant strongly. You will then lift your hands into the air and ask the master to bless them."

He then closed the book and put it back into his sack. He rested against the wall and waited for her to process the information. After she had processed it he asked her something.

"Are you tired or need to rest?" He said "I have not the slightest idea what time it is and you have come along way. If not I would like to travel down the tunnels for a few minutes , there we will find people to follow you."

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Tue May 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Giving up her book had been Grellia’s way of showing Fa-Tev how important she thought he was and she really felt that he was. She had hated him for taking her in the first place, but she had never had someone be so open with her. He had shared his thoughts with her and trust like that was not something that came about very often. She had barely known her father, he was far too important leading the group, before Doran had taken his place, and he did not even have the same need for her that the latter had.

She watched as he pulled out a book and read from it. The words sounded very comforting, but she was still having a little trouble getting her head around the fact that she would be able to make anyone do anything. She wanted to, and she was keeping an open mind, but she was still a girl and she had grown up in a society where they were not highly thought of.

“Will I get one of those?” She asked, almost intrigued to know what else was written inside. She had not had access to many books, it was mostly the males that were given the privilege. Girls were taught to read in ‘schools’ but they were not given the chance to study the more interesting books that were available. It was one of the reasons she had grown so attached to her book.

Despite feeling a little tired, she did not want to disappoint Fa-Tev, so she gave him a smile as she let go of his hand. “I would like to meet the other people, if you think they would like to meet me.” It was going to take a little time before she got used to being something special.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 pm

"This one is in a text that my tribe writes in." He explained "If I find another in Plainish I will give it to you. In fact , in the new world you will have as many books as you wish. Perhaps you will write some of your own when the time is right."

He then got onto his feet and helped her up. He lead her down the tunnels , talking to her as he did.

" I think I have a idea of who will be in charge of who." He stated "First is the soldiers and commoners who will by his name , be equal before the law. Then there will be those who guide them , chiefs ,priests , and such. Then there will be the War-chief and You , which will probably share control of this island. Third will probably be the so called "Vadians" and "Doppioians" respective leaders , sharing power once again. Then comes......."

He then gazed up for a few seconds , as if pointing at someone with his eyes. The tunnel started getting darker and darker , so he took her hand and lead her forward.

"Grellia?" He said turning to face her "Could you place your hands on the areas around my eyes and ask me to see in this dim light?"

He then got down to her level and closed his eyes.

"Just try." He asked "If it does work we can just use a torch , but I'm saving that for something.
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Tue May 15, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Tue May 15, 2012 8:10 pm

The idea of having lots of books made Grellia happy and she would be grateful if Fa-Tev managed to get her one of the books like he had, but she was not too worried if he did not get her one, he had already given her the best gift he could have. And maybe if she studied hard enough, she could learn the text that his book was written in and he would let them read it together sometime. It was something that she would think about at another time, for right then, they had some people to see.

When he helped her to her feet, she was grateful that they were working once more. She wriggled her toes and could have happily broken into a dance, if here legs did not feel a little wobbly having been useless for several hours. She leant against, probably more than she needed to.

As the passage began to get dark, she grew a little worried about their footings, having no idea what the place was like. It seemed pretty clear and easy to traverse, but it worried her none the less. There was also the fact that she had always been a little afraid of the dark. But that was mostly due to the stories that her brother had told her about the bad things that lingered in the shadows.

The suggestion that she could do such a thing, came as a surprise, but then so had being able to hear his thoughts. He grouched a little so that she could place her hands on his eyes and she said as confidently as she could. “See in this dim light.” She did not expect anything to happen and merely stared at him for a moment, wondering if there were supposed to be sparks and flashes, or glowing lights to show that it had worked.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Tue May 15, 2012 9:18 pm

"As you say." He said back in a monotone.

He opened his eyes and looked around the room again. His eyes were glowing a greenish color as he looked at her.

"Well it seams that it worked." He said "I told you it would work."

He continued to lead her down the tunnel as it slowly began to brighten and the sounds of shouts began to increase in volume. He asked her a few more questions before they entered the large cavern.

"So why can't you imagine yourself as powerful?" He asked "Your life was merely spent mostly with savages , except for your mother and your brother. Your just going to have to get used to being treated as important. In my culture the men are constantly of fighting and that puts pressure on my tribe. Eventually they wised up and decided that women should be part of the effort. This way twice as much work is done and more men can be drafted."

He tried to explain things further but was still unsure about how to.

"A lot of old thoughts were rejected , because they held us back from our goals." He explained "We still remember who we are and what blood flows thru our veins."

Just before they walked the next 50 or so feet and entered the brightly lit area , he stopped and asked her something.

"I'll do most of the talking , if that's okay with you." He said "Just tell me what you want to say be thought and I will say it for you."

He then stuck his other arm forward and asked another question.

"Are you ready to face your destiny?" He asked

Vadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Tue May 15, 2012 10:49 pm

The War-cheif stood in the meeting room , talking to various people and waiting for someone. He knew not who was coming , but had dreamed the night before that they were powerful. He was well aware of the omens and sat in a chair wearing full body armor. He wore his bullet coat over his uniform , the whole outfit painted a brownish-gray like his best men. He had his helmet ,custom made to cover his neck as well , on and wore his combat boots. He was in what you would call a "parade uniform" , but among his people that was his combat uniform.

His dark black hair was thick , but cut short enoght to be manly. His face was covered in a mustache and beard combo that made him look rugged. He wore a half dozen scars on his face and neck with great pride. If anyone was going to meet him , chances were that they would be impressed he thought to himself.
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

""Ten thousand people, maybe more
People hearing without listening""

This is also my NPC account.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Wed May 16, 2012 10:53 am

That was always going to be one of those questions that Grellia felt sure that Fa-Tev would never understand her answer for. Why could she not imagine herself as powerful? The simple answer to her was because women were not powerful. All her life, she had seen women doing the same things, menial tasks and bearing children, while the men had all the important roles. So why could she not imagine herself as powerful? Because she had never seen a powerful woman before. And what made her different from everyone else? One day, she would see things differently, but right then, it seemed kind of impossible, even if she could do things no one else could back in Valmoria.

She listened as he explained how things had changed for his people and she could see how women could have a prominent place in society, her book had even touched on it, although women fared little better in its pages. It pleased her that the people he described had seen that women could be important, even if it was only to fill the shoes of men while they were fighting, at least it had been a start.

She felt confident as they walked along, until he stopped them and faced her. She had no problem letting him do the talking, she tended to do that anyway, but she could not help wondering why she could not speak. Was it against the rules or something? But she was happy to just sit back and listening, and if she did have something to say, thinking it would save her any embarrassment, because she felt sure that Fa-Tev would not ask anything that he thought would make her look stupid.

“I guess so,” she answered, when asked about her destiny. She seemed to be doing okay so far with facing her destiny, she was sure she could handle facing a little bit more of it. “Lead the way.”

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Wed May 16, 2012 2:32 pm

He led her forward into the well lit room and noticed that the War-chief was waiting for them.He then let go of her hand and stated their names.

"Greetings." He asked "I am Fa-Tev , Warrior of the Red Sand and this is Grellia , Blessed One. I know not of your greetings custom , but you would you honor me in mine?"

He then clasped the other man's hand and gripped it like he was trying to shatter it like glass. He then stared determined into the other mans eyes for 5 seconds and then let go.

"We have come to arrange a pact between us to speeden the victory." He stated "Are you interested?"

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Wed May 16, 2012 2:40 pm

"Greetings I am Haskcoff , War-chief of this island." He replied "As guests of mine I would be expected to follow your greeting customs."

When the other man began to strangle his hand , he knew what to due and began to grip tightly as well. When Fa-Tev continued the ritual , Haskcoff copied him. He then smiled and commented on it.

"I like this custom , it allows us to show our strength." He said

Then he shook her hand and bowed once as a sign of respect.

"I would be honored to forge a pact with you two." He said " I have not heard of a young girl as being one before , but I have seen images of it."

He then looked at the painings on the wall , they showed a young girl and a older man entering a cave. They were drawn facing another man in armor , shaking hands with him one at a time.
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Wed May 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Grellia stood slightly behind Fa-Tev as they entered the room and he introduced them. She could see the other man clearly and felt a little on edge, feeling like she should be bringing someone a drink or something. She had done that for her mother, when Doran was having meetings, which looked like the one going on in front of her.

She watched with interest as they performed some strange greeting ritual, wondering if it signified anything in particular. She was aware that there were some strange customs that people did, her father and Doran often joked about such things, ignoring the fact that they had them too.

Feeling like a fish out of water, she was staring around the room, her gaze fixing on the wall paintings. It was odd, but one looked a bit like the three of them. She broke into a grin and was about to say something, when she realised that they had been talking about her and the other man was also looking at the picture.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Mister Haskcoff,” she said, forgetting about Fa-Tev’s instruction about not saying anything and then she presented her hand to him, just like in the picture.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Wed May 16, 2012 4:54 pm

I had said "If it's okay with you". I merely didn't want you to be nervous in front of him. You can speak as you wish , when you wish.

"Could you spare a meal for us and perhaps a room with another outside it , like a two tier room?" Fa-Tev asked "We have traveled many miles and it is very late."

He looked at the wall after noticing they were, then back at Haskcoff. His thoughts were damaged in the deepest part of his mind , but he had years of masking it from others to help. It would take a prophet to even know anything was wrong at all , but something was wrong. Um could you stop staring at the painting for a minute? We came here to make the arrangement and then get some rest.

"You two still listening?" He asked

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Wed May 16, 2012 5:11 pm

He stared at the painting absentminded for a few more seconds. Then he snapped out of it when asked if he was listening.

"Yeah we had a room built for this event , I'll have someone make a stew for you two." Haskcoff said "I wish for you both to rest , we will have a long day tomorrow.

He then stepped out of the way and pointed to a door placed a opening in the wall. He sat down in his chair and didn't seam comfortable talking with them.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Wed May 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Grellia looked at Fa-Tev and nodded her head, she had been listening, even though she was fascinated by the painting. She lowered her hand and looked at the door that had been indicated. For some reason, she had thought that this place was where her new uncle came from, but she had been mistaken. He was a guest here as much as she was. That made her a little uneasy, just because the unknown was still the unknown.

The mention of food made the young woman realise just how hungry she was. It had been a while since she had eaten, but because of all the strange stuff happening, she had been unaware of how long ago it had been. She was surprised that the offer of food did not have her stomach growling in celebration of the coming meal.

She did not think that she liked Haskcoff as much as she liked Fa-Tev, he did not seem that interested in her like the other man.

“Who is that man?” She asked, once they were out of earshot. “I don’t think he likes me very much.” This final statement was based more upon his lack of taking than on anything else, not that it matter if he liked her or not, but Fa-Tev had spent all the time they were together telling her she was special and now she was beginning to think otherwise. The mention of rest was also very welcome, which was more the reason for her random thinking.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Thu May 17, 2012 7:26 am

"He's just not a people person." Fa-Tev explained " I heard that his wife assists him in planning his speeches , which is quite possible. My wife gave me advice on my ventures back in the day."

For a couple seconds , whatever was wrong was gone. Then it came back again with renewed force. He walked with her over to the room and opened the door for her. Once they were inside he went and opened the next door.

"I will be sleeping in the first room , you in the second" He said "This way I am near and you can have your privacy. Till then we could wait here in the first room for the stew ,talking if you wish."

He was devoted to her in ways that couldn't be explained or imagined. Yet the chances were high that this could prove to be unhealthy for him. She would never know about it , because he knew to never act on it. In fact he had no intention of doing so , this was the way things were meant to be. Perhaps that's why Haskcoff didn't seam to like her as much as Fa-Tev did.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Thu May 17, 2012 11:52 am

Grellia looked around the room and then towards the door leading to the other one, which was where she was supposed to sleep. She sat down on the nearest available seat and frowned a little, as she tried to get her head around things. She supposed that someone titled a War Chief was more used to war rather than talking to people. It took all kinds to make up the world, not that she really knew that much about things passed the Island, other than that there were people over the ocean.

“Perhaps we should have spoken to his wife,” she said finally, still feeling a little put out that he did not like her. There were times when her logic would be based on childish notions, now being one of those. Her mother would normally tell her to stop pouting and forget about it. But it had been a long day and she felt justified in feeling sorry for herself.

She hoped that the food would be good, because she really was starting to feel hungry, but she had no idea how long it would take them to prepare it. Filling the time with talking sounded pleasant, as long as she did not have to take in any more information for the time being, her head felt like it was going to explode if she learnt anything more that day.

“Tell me about your wife and your family,” she said, looking at Fa-Tev, her eyes watching him where he stood. “If it is not too painful.”

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Thu May 17, 2012 1:33 pm

"Don't worry if he acted like you were nothing special." Fa-Tev said "You have a pact forged with him , so in his eyes you are his equal. I however am your vassal , thus I am expected to treat you as more important than I. I am also family and thus have good reason to have interest in what you say. He however has no instinctive to act overly respectable in front of you , just as you would have no reason to bow to a commoner."

He sat down on another chair and looked around the room again. Then he told her what the food might be like.

"Stew tends to be prepared somewhat quickly and in large amounts , they probably are still making some for others." He said " It should be better for you than whatever you ate before and much heartier. However taste may be lacking in some minor areas , but it should be more plentiful as a result."

Then He sensed another of her thoughts and was very confused

"Wait how can I tell you about my family and not give you more information?" He said

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Thu May 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Grellia looked at Fa-Tev and laughed, not because she thought he was funny, just because he said the oddest things at times. The whole mind-reading thing was kind of distracting, but she guessed she would get used to it eventually. “I don’t really care what he thinks of me, or anyone else for that matter. I’m used to being ignored, so having one more person doing it really doesn’t matter.”

Then she looked at him, hating the way he described himself to her. “And never call yourself anything but my family, at least to me. I do not think of you as a vassal, nor do I want to, and I would bow down to a commoner, if they bowed down to me. I do not consider myself better than anyone.” She certainly did not want anyone bowing down to her. If being important made her like Doran, she had no intention of being so.

“As to not wanting any more information, I meant I do now want to know anything else about my destiny, or what I need to do, or anything like that,” she explained, feeling a little stupid and ungrateful. “I just want to know about you, because I don’t know anything, and if we are going to be family, I should know you better.”

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Thu May 17, 2012 2:59 pm

" Then you will be a benevolent leader after all , you understand the status of the common man." He said " Commoners would never bow to anyone who would not bow back , if they bowed at all. Besides no one bows down before anyone but "Our Shared Master". A light or quick bow is suitable for others but nothing more."

He frowned a bit and looked at the ground.

"I am nothing as a warrior without a liege to serve." He said " Everyone must have a master to serve , even the highest prophets have a master. The higher up the chain you go , the more respect is required for your liege. It was said that the Emperors of old bond their souls with The Master. I am no different then those before me and I refuse to serve another liege."

He tried to reassure her by resting a hand on her shoulder.

" I may be your uncle , but I pledge loyalty to you before that." He said "If you revoked my pledge , I would actually be in charge of your well being. The punishments are stiff for failing to raise a child properly."

He then decided to tell her about his family

"When I was 17 and a fresh warrior , outside my tribes land was a clan of sheepherders." He started "It was not required of me to marry any of them , but It was encouraged a bit by others that someone should marry one of the herders. I was fine ether way , but wanted to visit them and see what they were like. I was badly wounded by a rival warrior and this girl a year and a half younger than me tended to my wounds. I thought very highly of her for it and asked how I could repay her. She asked me to come visit her often and I did for about a year. At that point she did something I didn't suspect , she offered to marry me and I accepted happily. We had a single boy and he grew to be about 4 or so , but then my tribe was raided. I ran to my hut expecting the worse ,found her dead on the floor , and my son long gone."

He then wept for a few seconds and finished.

"I lost it and attacked the rival warriors still in my village , finishing them off myself." He said in between tears "Then I left to find my son , but the prophet offered me closure and I took it. My plan was to leave here after the week I agreed and go get him , but now I plan to assist the invaders. If they seize control again , I am well aware they will ban all slavery like they did last time. My son will be easier to find then and I will simply go to where the soldiers take him."

He then wiped his face and looked at her.

"You are not stupid , I don't want you to ever think that again." He said " I know this is all hard for you , but I will try to lessen the burden."
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Thu May 17, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents