NATION

PASSWORD

Imperium Christophum Declares Nationhood

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Christophum
Attaché

Founded: May 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Imperium Christophum Declares Nationhood

Postby Christophum » Sun May 31, 2009 4:20 am

Imperium Christophum
(Empire of Christophum)
Official Declaration of Nationhood

'Nations of the world, media interests and corporate businesses,'

'One hundred years ago today, the British Empire colonised our island with the intent of establishing a mining and agricultural outpost to feed the Imperial masses. This colony, founded by my Great-Great-Grandfather as the first Colonial Governor of the Christophum Island Colony, was a vital lynchpin in the supply of raw materials to the economic powerhouse of Great Britain during the 20th century, and provided a crucial naval base for operations in the Pacific during the expansion of the Empire.'

'Our colony served our British rulers faithfully and provided crucial support to the Empire. However, times change. This colony no longer feels it within our own interests to continue its support of the United Kingdom. Whilst it is regrettable to break our pact with our mother country, I must look to the welfare of my own charges before anyone else. Unrepresentative government in both economic and political matters mean that our island suffers with little benefit for our labours. This must stop.'

'Today, May 31st 2009, the one hundredth birthday of our Colony's formation by our British ancestors, a referendum carried out by my government found the citizens of Christophum Island overwhelmingly in favour of independence and sovereign nationhood. In carrying out this referendum, the citizens also had a choice of deciding the form of their government. In keeping with out imperial roots and traditions, the citizens of the colony again voted overwhelmingly to form an Imperial form of goverment, with an elected Emperor as Head of State overseeing an elected Parliament and Supreme Court. From this unicarmel Parliament, a Prime Minister shall be selected by the political party gaining the majority of members through a form of popular proportionally representative voting. The Supreme Court and its regional and local offices shall all be elected by the citizens of the country. During the course of this referendum, the people also chose myself to continue my works for this nation and voted overwhelmingly for my ascension to the Office of Emperor.'

'In keeping with my dedication to this democratic representation of the people's wishes, I, Governor James Winters, declare the Christophum Island Colony to be an independent sovereign state, hereafter known as the Imperium Christophum, or Empire of Christophum, and take up the office of Emperor. I hereby establish a Constitutional Council, to be formed from political officials in my own government and to be supplemented by a representative number of citizens of the Empire, to undertake the drafting of an Imperial Constitution to determine the rights and responsibilities of government and citizens in our new state.'

'Although I cannot offer diplomatic relations without a representative government to acknowledge my decisions, I do extend my personal hand of friendship as the first democratically elected leader of the Empire, and hope for recognition from other states.'

Signed into authority by the Grace of the People of the Empire
James Winters, Emperor of Christophum
The Imperium Christophum (MT)

Umkhonto we Sizwe wrote:
Epicnopolis wrote:
Trefoilland wrote:OOC: Comaack, is your nation a well-organized country or SWISS CHEESE?

I hate swiss cheese! :twisted:

And Swiss cheese would hate you if it wasn't Swiss and obligated to be neutral.

Lizardiar
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Imperium Christophum Declares Nationhood

Postby Lizardiar » Sun May 31, 2009 4:28 am

To: The Empire of Christophum

Greetings new founded country. I offer you friendship as a sovereign country. I also was hoping that since we had a healthy trading agreement with the United Kingdom concerning your agriculture, we could have the same deal with you. The deal was two tons of food a month for 1 ton of steel. We hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Kageki Saotome, President of Lizardiar
Last edited by Lizardiar on Sun May 31, 2009 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
In all corners of the globe, the free people's slogan is this:
Speak to Fascists in the language of fire! With words of bullets! With sharp wit of bayonets!

Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.41

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Sun May 31, 2009 5:01 am

To: The Imperium Christophum

We humbly extend our hand of friendship towards this new nation. We respect its close connection to its mother country the United Kingdom. We are willing to pursue trade agreements with this new nations leader.

Zaheran
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaheran » Sun May 31, 2009 7:59 am

The Holy Empire of Zaheran
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Official Communique

Your Imperial Majesty,

It is with great pleasure I hereby announce our recognition of the Empire of Christophum as a sovereign and independent nation. On behalf of the people of Zaheran, I congratulate you to your independence and the bloodless fashion in which you won it. I would also like to congratulate you to your personal rise to power. Though the concept of an elective monarchy is perhaps somewhat strange to us, it is my firm belief that the people of Christophum has made a wise decision in their election of leader.

We understand that you, in the present situation, are unable to take any decisions regarding diplomatic relations and similar issues, but we would still like to offer you our hand of friendship. Once it becomes convenient, we would like to open up official diplomatic relations with your esteemed nation. We would also be interested in signing a trade agreement with Christophum, the exact terms of which can be discussed at a later date if you are interested.

Yours sincerely,

Marius Stee
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Christophum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Christophum » Sun May 31, 2009 3:08 pm

Official Government Communication

To the governments of Lizardiar, Altane and Zaheran,

I extend my greetings and thanks to each of you for your welcomes to the international stage and your offers of various political and economic ties between our nations. I regret that I cannot initiate official diplomatic connections of any kind with foreign states until a government is elected below my own office to regulate my actions on behalf of the people. However, I am willing to utilise my power as currently the only elected official for the Imperium to offer diplomatic recognition in turn for each of your states and a promise that economic and political ties with your countries will be seriously considered by my office once democratic procedures are installed.

Signed into authority by the Grace of the People of Christophum,
Emperor James Winters

Umkhonto we Sizwe wrote:
Epicnopolis wrote:
Trefoilland wrote:OOC: Comaack, is your nation a well-organized country or SWISS CHEESE?

Christophum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Christophum » Sun May 31, 2009 3:25 pm

The Christophum Times

Constitutional Convention's first meeting takes place

Christophum Alpha: The first meeting of the Constitutional Convention took place today in the capital city of the newly-announced Imperium, producing stormy, albeit promising results.

The Convention, comprising top-level government officials from the former colonial administration and a selected group of ordinary citizens arranged to be representative of the population, began its road to forming a Constitution for the Imperium by examining the limitations and rights to be available to citizens. Conflict and debate sprung up on several issues, notably firearm ownership, public health and taxation. However, a spokesperson for the convention stressed that these were "early days" and that time would be required to tackle and solve the conflicts of opinion at hand.

Meanwhile, Emperor Winters called upon all citizens of the Imperium to carry on "business as usual", declaring that the former colonial administration would continue to do its job as before until constitutional reorganisation could be undertaken. In order to emphasise his determination to undertake democratic proceedings, Emperor Winters declared that the Constitional Convention would have two months to arrange a Constitution, and promised elections would be held by the end of that second month.

Until an office concerned with the registration of political groups is established, unofficial political parties and organisations have already begun to spring up across the Imperium. Three parties in particular have notably claimed high numbers of members already, in order of size being the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), the Imperium Party (IMP) and the Communist Party of Christophum (CPC), with nearly a dozen other parties claiming smaller membership numbers. All have declared their intent to run for Judicial, Legislative and Executive positions in the upcoming elections.

David Lewis, Home Affairs Correspondent
Last edited by Christophum on Sun May 31, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umkhonto we Sizwe wrote:
Epicnopolis wrote:

Lizardiar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lizardiar » Sun May 31, 2009 3:47 pm

To: David Lewis, Home Affairs Correspondent
From: The Confederacy of Lizardiar President, Kageki Saotome

The Confederacy has decided to provide any aid that the Imperium Party require. We have also decided that we would like to have an embassy in your country. Only send the requirements to us and we shall comply.

Signed,

Kageki Saotome, President of Lizardiar
Speak to Fascists in the language of fire! With words of bullets! With sharp wit of bayonets!

Christophum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Christophum » Sun May 31, 2009 11:25 pm

Imperium Party
Official Party Message

President Kageki Saotome,

On behalf of my party, I would like to thank you for your offers of support and aid in our upcoming political campaigns. We would be looking largely for monetary support for our policies, and would be intrigued to hear what figures you are hypothetically offering. In keeping with the nature of politics, we also enquire as to what the President wishes in return for these services.

As for the establishment on an embassy in the Imperium, I will forward your request onto the Office of the Emperor; however, I believe time will be taken before embassies will be allowed due to a lack of democratically-accountable legislative and judicial government at this time. Nevertheless, should my own party win the upcoming elections, I can promise you the establishment of an embassy under my own government.

Charles William Manchester, Leader of the Imperium Party

Umkhonto we Sizwe wrote:
Epicnopolis wrote:

Trichoto
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 23, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Trichoto » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:08 pm

Sir,

Imperium Christophum has declared independence from its former oppressors

Great Britain

We have established diplomatic relations.

OOC: I'm a little rushed now, but I wanted to leave this here for later.

Christophum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Christophum » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:47 pm

The Christophum Times

Constitutional Convention Produces First Draft

The Constitutional Convention, set forward by the Emperor to devise a Constitution for the newly-formed Imperium, has returned the first draft of its proposal. Comprising a preamble stating the intent of the document to "protect the rights of the citizens of the Imperium", the document also puts forward ten "Fundamental Decrees" of citizen's rights and responsibilities. These include freedom of expression, freedom of private firearm ownership, freedom of the press, freedom from unlawful persecution, the right to trial by a jury of peers, the right to refuse military service, the right of assembly, the right of uninhibited travel between regions of the Imperium, an affirmation of a citizen's legal responsibility to pledge a percentage of income to the maintenance of government services and the responsibility of citizens to participate in political voting. A spokesman for the Constitional Convention said that many specifics still needed hammering out, but that "serious and progressive debate was underway."

The Constitutional Convention has a deadline of two months to come back with a final Constitution to be approved by the voters, immediately after which the first national elections of the Imperium will be held. However, unnamed sources have suggested that political infighting within the Constitutional Convention, connected to the rise of several political parties within the Imperium in the last few weeks, may delay the process if agreements are not reached soon on several aspects. Until then, the former colonial administration continues its activities under the Emperor, and political analysts have made cautious comments about having only one elected official in the entire country.

David Lewis, Home Affairs Correspondent

Mahtik'a Extremists Seize New Somerset Town

Extremists in the Mahtik'a community have seized the island capital of New Somerset, officials from the Office of Domestic Intelligence (ODI) have confirmed.

New Somerset Town, a popular tourist attraction, is reportedly under heavy control by members of a group calling themselves the Mahtik'a Liberation Force, or MLF. Eyewitnesses reports heavy gunfire and militants patrolling the streets. The MLF, seemingly an extremist breakaway from the non-violent Mahtik'a Coalition for Unity (MCU) are calling for "an independent homeland for the Mahtik'a people." So far, the MCU has yet to comment on these actions, although a spokesperson under the condition of anonymity strongly suggested that a condemnation of the extremists was upcoming.

ODI officers and government spokespeople have refused to comment on plans to break this control of New Somerset Town, citing security issues. Leaders of all political parties across the Imperium have condemned the MLF's violent approaches to varying degrees, and a significant minority of political groups, led by the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) have criticised the government's hardline handling of the Mahtik'a community in recent years as "a significant factor in this matter arising."

Peter Enfield, New Somerset Correspondent
Last edited by Christophum on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umkhonto we Sizwe wrote:
Epicnopolis wrote:

Greater Americania
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Americania » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:03 pm

To: Imperium Christophum

We congradulate you on your newly declared nationhood and offer our hand in friendship. We encourage you to establish an embassy in our nation. (OOC: In the signature)

Sincerely,

Jason Lee,
Head of the Greater Americanian Foreign Relations Department
Federal Republic of Greater Americania: “Liberty, Soveriegnty, Freedom!”
Original Founder of the Nationalist Union
Member of the Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization

Nationalist Republic, governed by the National Republican Party
Economic Left/Right: 2.0, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.21
President: Austin Farley
Vice President: John Raimark
Secretary of State: Jason Lee
Secretary of Defense: Shane Tomlinson
Secretary of Federal Security: Ross Ferrell
-Chief of Interior Security Forces: General James Calley
Secretary of Territorial Administration: Brandon Terry
-Governor of Tlozuk: Jarod Harris
-Governor of Comaack: John Fargo
*Territories are foreign nations which have been annexed by the Federal Republic

Christophum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Christophum » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Imperium Times

MLF smashed by mercenary group, Emperor draws criticism, praise from various groups

The seige of New Somerset Town was brought to an abrupt end in the early hours of yesterday by what government officials are calling "a legally employed private military contractor group." Fighting continued throughout the day until the late evening, whereupon at 2200 hours last night the mercenary command group confirmed New Somerset Town to be firmly back in Imperium hands.

The move by the Emperor has been met with praise and criticism from various groups in the Imperium. A joint statement between the Communist Party, the Liberal Democrats and several smaller political groups condemned the Emperor for "grossly undemocratic employment of foreign military personnel in a situation where legal framework concerning their use, objectives and conduct does not currently exist" and called for an immediate election for the office of the Emperor. Conversely, a grouping of parties lead by the Imperium Party praised Emperor Winters for taking "firm steps neccessary to ensure the safety, security and unity of the Imperium Christophum in a difficult time to reorientation, readjustment and restructuring" and was followed by offers from Imperium Party leader Charles Manchester for the currently non-aligned Emperor to join his political organisation. Spokesmen for the Office of the Emperor have so far declined to comment on any forthcoming response to this offer.

Constitutional Convention Announces Public Draft Forthcoming

The Constitutional Convention today announced that a public draft of the Imperium Constitution was shortly forthcoming, with spokespeople for the group claiming that only a few details remained to be "hammered out."

Various political groups have been praising the efficiency and cohesion of the Constitutional Convention despite an increase in political infighting within the group following the establishment of political parties within the Imperium. Emperor Winters was quoted as calling them "true patriots of the Imperium, united despite factionalism in the cause of Christophum's development and advancement" and called upon all citizens to follow their example.

Once the public draft has been completed, Emperor Winters has promised a public referendum with "no government involvement in the outcome", after which time elections will be held for public offices.

David Morgan, Political Affairs Correspondent
Last edited by Christophum on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umkhonto we Sizwe wrote:
Epicnopolis wrote:

Christophum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Christophum » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:58 am

The Constitution of the Imperium Christophum

Preamble

We the People of the Imperium Christophum, in order to protect, maintain
and push forth the development, security, prosperity and wellbeing of
citizens of the Imperium, do hereby establish into law by referendum of our
Peers the following Rights, Rules and Responsibilities of People and
Government.

Section One - Fundamental Rights and Responsibilities:

ARTICLE ONE - The Right of the Individual's freedom of expression
including, but not neccessarily limited to, freedom of speech, thought,
written word and personal attire, will not be infringed by either
Government or Peers.

ARTICLE TWO - The Right of the Individual to bear small arms in personal
defence of self, family and property whilst on their own property shall not
be infringed by either Government Peers.

ARTICLE THREE - The Right of the Individual to criminal trial by a body of
their Peers, overseen by a judiciary official of impartial relationship to
both accused, accusers, their blood relations and individuals of close
friendship, will not be infringed by either Government or Peers. The Right
of the individual to appeal to their Senatorial Representative against District
Court decisions upon their criminal cases and apply for retrial before the
Supreme Court of the Imperium shall also not be infringed by either
Government or Peers.

ARTICLE FOUR - The Right of the Individual to the holding of Private
Property, excluding the holding of other individuals, shall not be
infringed by either Government or Peers.

ARTICLE FIVE - The Right of the Individual to refuse to bear arms against
their will shall not be infringed by either Government or Peers.

ARTICLE SIX - The Responsibility of the Individual to participate in
elections for public officials at local, regional and national levels shall
be required by Law.

ARTICLE SEVEN - The Responsibility of the Individual to provide monetary
support to the Government in order to carry out the democratically chosen
policies of that Government will be required by Law.

Section Two - Composition of Government

ARTICLE ONE - The Imperium shall be divided into local political districts,
citizens of which shall elect local and national representatives to
represent their views and undertake democratically-chosen policies on their
behalf.

ARTICLE TWO - The Government of the Imperium shall comprise seperate,
democratically-elected bodies for the Legislative, Judicial and Executive
functions of the Imperium.

ARTICLE THREE - The Executive of the Imperium shall be undertaken by the
Office of the Emperor, the position of which shall be filled by popular
democratic vote once every five years.

ARTICLE FOUR - The Legislative of the Imperium shall be undertaken by the
Imperium Senate, which shall comprise democratically-elected
representatives of the citizenship, the number of which shall be
proportional to the number of citizens in each district, elected by popular
vote every five years.

ARTICLE FIVE - The Judiciary of the Imperium shall be undertaken at a
national level by the Supreme Court of the Imperium, and at a local level
by District Courts of the Imperium. The Supreme Court shall comprise five
Supreme Judges elected by popular vote from the citizenship every five
years, whilst District Courts shall comprise ten Judges per district
elected by popular vote every five years by the district citizens in
question.

Section Three - Powers of the Executive

ARTICLE ONE - Holders of the Office of the Emperor shall be empowered to
raise armed forces for the defence and policy implementation of the
government, and will be Commander-in-Chief of all armed forces raised.

ARTICLE TWO - Holders of the Office of the Emperor shall be empowered to
declare a State of War or Peace with other nation-states, international
organisations, political groups, corporate organisations or terrorist
groupings subject to the restrictions of the Imperium Senate as detailed in
Section Four.

ARTICLE THREE - Holders of the Office of the Emperor shall be empowered to
open and close diplomatic relations between the Imperium and other
nation-states, international organisations, political groups and corporate
organisations subject to the restrictions of the Imperium Senate as
detailed in Section Four.

ARTICLE FOUR - Holders of the Office of the Emperor shall be empowered to
negotiate economic, political and military treaties with other
nation-states, international organisations, political groups and corporate
organisations subject to the restrictions of the Imperium Senate as
detailed in Section Four.

ARTICLE FIVE - Holders of the Office of the Emperor shall be empowered to
declare a State of Emergency and assume the powers outlined in Section XX
subject to the restrictions of the Imperium Senate as detailed in Section
Four.

ARTICLE SIX - Holders of the Office of the Emperor will be required to
provide or refuse assent of legislation into Law and send the legislature
back to the Imperium Senate for further debate, subject to the restrictions
of the Imperium Senate as detailed in Section Four.

Section Four - Powers of the Legislature

ARTICLE ONE - The Imperium Senate shall meet in session once every week to
propose, debate and vote upon legislature put forward by members of the
Senate.

ARTICLE TWO - The Imperium Senate shall be overseen by a Speaker of the
Senate, who will maintain order, manage the agenda and call for votes upon
legislature. The Speaker of the Senate will be chosen by majority vote of
the members of the Imperium Senate every five years.

ARTICLE THREE - The agenda of the Imperium Senate shall be arranged outside
of session by a Standing Committee comprising one member of each political
party represented in Parliament, which will examine proposed legislation
and decide by majority vote whether to place the legislation before debate
in the Imperium Senate.

ARTICLE FOUR - The Imperium Senate may override the Emperor's assent or
refusal of passing legislation into law by a two-thirds majority vote of
assembled members.

ARTICLE FIVE - Diplomatic relations and treaties of economic, political or
military impact may be proposed by members of the Imperium Senate and voted
upon by majority vote. Aforementioned relations and treaties negotiated by
the Emperor must be brought before the Imperium Senate for approval or
rejection by majority vote within two weeks of their establishment.

ARTICLE SIX - Declarations of a State of War of a State of Peace by the
Emperor must be brought before the Imperium Senate for approval or
rejection within two weeks of their declaration. Furthermore, the Imperium
Senate may propose and declare a State of War or State of Peace by majority
vote of members assembled.

ARTICLE SEVEN - Members of the Imperium Senate may call for public
enquiries into the conduct and activities of other Members, the Emperor or
members of the local or national Judiciary by majority vote.

ARTICLE EIGHT - The Imperium Senate will assemble a Judicial Appeals
Committee comprising one member of each political party represented to
oversee appeals from citizens for retrial before the Supreme Court, who
will advance or reject the appeal on the basis of majority vote.

ARTICLE NINE - The Imperium Senate will form administrative ministries to
carry out the laws of the Imperium passed by the Senate. Ministers shall be
appointed to oversee these Ministries by proposal to and election by the
Imperium Senate, and a Prime Minister shall be appointed in the same fashion
to oversee the appointed Ministers.

Section Five - Powers of the District and Supreme Judiciary

ARTICLE ONE - District Courts of the Imperium shall undertake legal
procedings relating to criminal offences, trials and the application of
punishments on those found guilty of the crimes accused, proportionate to
the crime undertaken and within the legal boundaries of legislation set
forward by the Imperium Senate.

ARTICLE TWO - District Courts shall also oversee the activities undertaken
by local government in the application of legislature passed by the
Imperium Senate, and will overturn local decisions by a majority vote where
the activies were deemed against the law or against the articles of this
Constitution.

ARTICLE THREE - The Supreme Court of the Imperium shall oversee the
activities of the Emperor and the Imperium Senate and ensure that
legislation passed does not break previously enacted laws or the articles
of this Constitution, and may override Senatorial votes and the Emperor's
decisions by majority vote of the five members.

ARTICLE FOUR - The Supreme Court of the Imperium shall sit in legal
authority over public enquiries requested by the Imperium Senate and over
criminal cases advanced by appeal from District Courts by the Judicial
Appeals Committee.

Section Six - Government at the District Level

ARTICLE ONE - Government at the District Level shall be undertaken by an
Office of the District Governor and their appointed ministers and
officials.

ARTICLE TWO - The holder of the Office of the District Governor shall be
chosen by popular vote every five years by the citizens of the district
they will oversee.

ARTICLE THREE - Government at the District Level will be responsible for
direct maintenance of roadways, the provision and maintenance of gas, water
and electricity infrastructure and the undertaking of public works
including, but not neccessarily limited to, refuse collection, street
hygiene and public transport.

ARTICLE FOUR - Government at the District Level will be responsible for any
direct application of government law and policies to their districts should
any part of said law and policies fall under the areas stipulated in
Article Three of this section.

ARTICLE FIVE - Government at the District Level shall apply for and suppled
with finance from the monetary collections of the National Government,
which shall be budgeted accordingly by an overseeing body to be established
by law.

Section Seven - Emergency Powers

ARTICLE ONE - The Emperor may request the Imperium Senate to declare a
State of National Emergency in times of distress deemed expectionally
hazardous to the wellbeing and security of the Imperium.

ARTICLE TWO - A State of National Emergency may only be declared by a
two-thirds vote of the Imperium Senate and must be re-approved every two
weeks by a two-thirds majority in order to continue the declared State of
National Emergency.

ARTICLE THREE - Under a State of National Emergency, the Emperor will form
and chair an Emergency Affairs Committee, the membership of which shall be
organised beforehand and which shall provide advice to and undertake the
decisions of the Emperor.

ARTICLE FOUR - Under a State of National Emergency, the Emperor may suspend
any Section or Article of this Constitution, with the exception of this
Section, and only with a ninety percent approval of other members of the
Emergency Affairs Committee.

ARTICLE FIVE - Upon the cessation of a State of National Emergency, the
Imperium Senate will hold an official enquiry headed by the highest-deemed
competent and impartial legal official excluding the Emperor or members of
the Emergency Affairs Committee to examine the conduct, activities and
outcomes of the State of National Emergency.

Section Eight - Miscellanious Articles

ARTICLE ONE - In all cases where majority votes are required to pass
decisions as outlined in any section or article of this Constitution, a
stalemate of Yes and No votes will result in an automatic rejection of the
decision, legislation or matter in question.

ARTICLE TWO - Amendments, additions or removals of Articles or Sections of
this Constitution shall require a ninety percent approval by the Imperium
Senate and the appropriate assent from the Emperor and the Supreme Court of
the Imperium.
Last edited by Christophum on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umkhonto we Sizwe wrote:
Epicnopolis wrote:

Lizardiar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lizardiar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:01 am

To: Charles William Manchester, Leader of the Imperium Party

Myself and the Parliament has agreed to send your party 10,000,000 Lizars. We have also agreed to send you the latest bulletproof vehicles for campaigning.

Christophum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Christophum » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:03 am

Imperium Times

Constitution Passes Referendum by Landslide

The Constitution of the Imperium, put forward by the Constitutional Committee, has been passed with a massive majority in public referendum.

Overall, the compulsory referendum has returned an 89% majority in favour of adopting the Constitution as proposed by the Committee, and Emperor Winters has officially signed the document into law as a result of the vote.

Elections have been formerly announced by the Office of the Emperor to be held within the next month, and each of the parties has already hit the campaign trail in a bid to gain strong positions in both local and national government as according to the new Constitution. No-one has yet challenged the Office of the Emperor against its current incumbent, who has already announced he will run again, but with the political groups still organising themselves, analysts believe challengers will be forthcoming.

Donald Spiner, Political Correspondent

Umkhonto we Sizwe wrote:
Epicnopolis wrote:

Christophum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Christophum » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 am

Lizardiar wrote:To: Charles William Manchester, Leader of the Imperium Party

Myself and the Parliament has agreed to send your party 10,000,000 Lizars. We have also agreed to send you the latest bulletproof vehicles for campaigning.

Imperium Party
Official Party Message

On behalf of my party and colleagues, I thank the Leadership and Government of Lizardiar for their contribution of 10,000,000 Lizars (3,579,465 Christophum Dollars adjusted for the exchange rate) to our political campaign, and hope this leads to fruitful relations between our states if our party takes power.

Charles William Manchester, Leader of the Imperium Party

Umkhonto we Sizwe wrote:
Epicnopolis wrote:

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents