NATION

PASSWORD

Awakening Flames FT OOC (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SquareDisc City » Mon May 28, 2012 6:35 pm

I haven't time to post now, I have to turn in because I need to get to the other side of town for work at 9 tomorrow morning. Please don't leave me coming tomorrow evening to find the Battle of Farsight over!
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Mon May 28, 2012 6:37 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:I haven't time to post now, I have to turn in because I need to get to the other side of town for work at 9 tomorrow morning. Please don't leave me coming tomorrow evening to find the Battle of Farsight over!

Join the role play group!

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon May 28, 2012 6:37 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:I haven't time to post now, I have to turn in because I need to get to the other side of town for work at 9 tomorrow morning. Please don't leave me coming tomorrow evening to find the Battle of Farsight over!

Dont worry. Farsight might run out of gas, or its emergency brakes will acttvate.
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Vetega
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Mon May 28, 2012 7:14 pm

So far your Excalibur is the only vessel capable of destroying a super powered worldship. Until Izon starts dealing real damage, the Crysallis will not allow conventional weapons, or weapons that could wipe out the whole Vexil fleet (ie Red Matter, MD devices etcetera) to do any real damage. I'd say, once the Vexil begin to turn the tide in their favor then the Crysallis will get mad and lose his concentration.
Member of GESO

DefCon Level: DefCon 1
1: Total War
2: Mobilization of forces.
3: Standby/Advance Intelligence Protocols
4: Recognition of Conflict/Embargo's and other non-violent threats
5: Peacetime

Donald Trump is evil. He must burn.
See with your mind's eye what your eyes cannot see.
'War is in our blood. It's a part of Vetegan history. We cannot escape who we are, so we've learned to embrace it. Now look at us, the Triumvirate is one the most powerful nations on this world. You can't say we didn't achieve anything else of value now.' -Supreme Commander Izon Destraud the Second

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Mon May 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Vetega wrote:So far your Excalibur is the only vessel capable of destroying a super powered worldship. Until Izon starts dealing real damage, the Crysallis will not allow conventional weapons, or weapons that could wipe out the whole Vexil fleet (ie Red Matter, MD devices etcetera) to do any real damage. I'd say, once the Vexil begin to turn the tide in their favor then the Crysallis will get mad and lose his concentration.

Am I permitted to change it so that I don't have a worldship fleet but simply stronger starfighters and whatnot? I really hate the lop-sidedness.

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Mon May 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Very well. Go right ahead. Make it work.
Member of GESO

'War is in our blood. It's a part of Vetegan history. We cannot escape who we are, so we've learned to embrace it. Now look at us, the Triumvirate is one the most powerful nations on this world. You can't say we didn't achieve anything else of value now.' -Supreme Commander Izon Destraud the Second

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon May 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Farsight am has teleportation technology. Its broke now though...

Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Mon May 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Vetega wrote:Very well. Go right ahead. Make it work.

I'm debating on how it would work. It seems that I'd have to go to generation 4, but gen 3 was recently introduced and was supposed to be very powerful..

AbH Belxjander Draconis Serechai
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby AbH Belxjander Draconis Serechai » Tue May 29, 2012 3:01 am

that FTL laser tech seems to be a variation on the FTL missiles setup for "porcupine" use that I thought up... but I generally have two forms... a "straight-line" rocket that subspace fractures a hyperspace to normal space cut and bleeds exotics both ways...this is generally used as an energy bleeder to limit any weapons fire and otherwise "anchor" an opponent
or a targeted explosive needing two RC or independent location locked warheads colliding which sets up a localized "mirror fracture" for a region of space partitioning things off from normal spacetime

the "straight line" stuff is what the "AFM" desgination Fleet ships pack as a standard "tracer" shell,
usually the last thing fired if at all possible as close to light-speed as possible
(a chance it might eat the launch mechanism to produce extra weird exotic matter along the fracture...or other nasty surprises... only idea of what it may do against constructs ... big needles "pinning" the construct to a location in spacetime limiting movement but otherwise nothing actually damaging beyond a ?minor? anaesthetic or pain effect maybe)

the targetted form is more likely to simply suck power levels in a region... or with proper settings... eat a black hole out of the middle of a mass without touching anything else, nothing really fancy.

AbH technology is generally somewhat picky about the result effects being specific...
Unknowns generally get added weirdnesses... thats why Xeloph is Military R&D... he enjoys weird ... and being insane for an AbH this makes sensible use of his irrational and rational aspects...
otherwise he would become seriously problematic just existing in an active state.
Last edited by AbH Belxjander Draconis Serechai on Tue May 29, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Tue May 29, 2012 5:52 am

Vetega wrote:the Crysallis will not allow conventional weapons, or weapons that could wipe out the whole Vexil fleet (ie Red Matter, MD devices etcetera) to do any real damage.
What about something that is distinctly unconventional, but isn't going to be taking out the whole Vexil fleet at once, just hitting one worldship quite really hard?

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue May 29, 2012 6:03 am

SquareDisc City wrote:
Vetega wrote:the Crysallis will not allow conventional weapons, or weapons that could wipe out the whole Vexil fleet (ie Red Matter, MD devices etcetera) to do any real damage.
What about something that is distinctly unconventional, but isn't going to be taking out the whole Vexil fleet at once, just hitting one worldship quite really hard?

That might do something, but there are dozens of worldships. While you are pounding away at one, they are really fucking up the rest of your fleet.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue May 29, 2012 3:07 pm

lol yes.
Member of GESO

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Tue May 29, 2012 4:39 pm

The Vexil worldships alone pose very little immediate threat to my spacecraft so long as I stay far enough away, which I can do since they give me the broad side of the biggest barn in history to aim for. It's the normal stuff the UPT Space Force has to worry about, stuff for which the adage "if the enemy is in range, so are you" actually applies.

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Wed May 30, 2012 3:04 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:The Vexil worldships alone pose very little immediate threat to my spacecraft so long as I stay far enough away, which I can do since they give me the broad side of the biggest barn in history to aim for. It's the normal stuff the UPT Space Force has to worry about, stuff for which the adage "if the enemy is in range, so are you" actually applies.

Yes, but you forget the constructs. They seem to be the only ships to do real damage to everyone here. And for good reason too. I needed at least one class of ship that could withstand your atrocious attacks from all of you. Bam, construct time. Since my other ships are easier to destroy I needed something that screamed evil invincibility. They won't be vulnerable to attack until Izon finishes his attack on the Crysallis. In the meantime you can run from them, but they will follow and they are quite fast while using microjumps despite their immense size. It makes little sense I know, but the RP will soon come to an end and I want it to end awesomely. Plus after today's battle, you all will have a greater chance of victory in the Andromeda galaxy.
Member of GESO

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Wed May 30, 2012 3:52 pm

I thought the constructs are of similar scale to the worldships, in which case the same arguments would apply, although short-range FTLing enemies would certainly pose a problem. Unless I've really got the wrong end of the stick...

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Wed May 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Vetega wrote:
SquareDisc City wrote:The Vexil worldships alone pose very little immediate threat to my spacecraft so long as I stay far enough away, which I can do since they give me the broad side of the biggest barn in history to aim for. It's the normal stuff the UPT Space Force has to worry about, stuff for which the adage "if the enemy is in range, so are you" actually applies.

Yes, but you forget the constructs. They seem to be the only ships to do real damage to everyone here. And for good reason too. I needed at least one class of ship that could withstand your atrocious attacks from all of you. Bam, construct time. Since my other ships are easier to destroy I needed something that screamed evil invincibility. They won't be vulnerable to attack until Izon finishes his attack on the Crysallis. In the meantime you can run from them, but they will follow and they are quite fast while using microjumps despite their immense size. It makes little sense I know, but the RP will soon come to an end and I want it to end awesomely. Plus after today's battle, you all will have a greater chance of victory in the Andromeda galaxy.

Also, I'm going to have Entity appear at your battle thing between Izon and Crysallis. Entity will state that it is there to kill the survivor if they cant stop their powers. Entity can sense that they might lose control, so it is there to kill the once that survives if they cant control themself.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Thu May 31, 2012 3:12 pm

I understand. And yes, the constructs are similar in size to the Endymion which is 25% smaller than the Hezion.
Member of GESO

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Thu May 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Vetega wrote:I understand. And yes, the constructs are similar in size to the Endymion which is 25% smaller than the Hezion.

Still pretty big.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Thu May 31, 2012 3:27 pm

Yep :p
Member of GESO

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Thu May 31, 2012 3:29 pm

Vetega wrote:Yep :p

This is almost over, so I'm going to make the thread that follows this tomorrow, or possibly tonight if I have the time.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Thu May 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Well give me a chance to play my master lolstroke before the battle is over at least. Right now I am quite unfit to RP, on account of having imbibified a large quantity of ethanol.

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Thu May 31, 2012 7:41 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:Well give me a chance to play my master lolstroke before the battle is over at least. Right now I am quite unfit to RP, on account of having imbibified a large quantity of ethanol.

Hangover tomorrow?

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Thu May 31, 2012 7:42 pm

I have a record of immunity to them, although in the words of the stockbroker, "past performance is no guarantee of future success".

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Thu May 31, 2012 7:50 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:I have a record of immunity to them, although in the words of the stockbroker, "past performance is no guarantee of future success".

Never drank more than a bottlecap of alcohol in my life. It's disgusting. Then again, I'm not even legal yet.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Thu May 31, 2012 9:38 pm

Hey, the battle has turned in your favor. Leave some for the UPT to get a taste of the glory. And as of this moment, the Vexil in the Andromeda galaxy are on high alert.
Member of GESO

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents