NATION

PASSWORD

Flying the Flag [FT][Invite only][OOC closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Holy Trek
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Flying the Flag [FT][Invite only][OOC closed]

Postby Holy Trek » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:21 pm

This thread takes place after the events of the Gala Ball thread which took place on the capital world of Genesis. This is not meant to be a war thread, although pirates will make an appearance, as well as one or two NPCs. The first full IGF Stellar Navy fleet has been commissioned and will carry out a maiden voyage across the Milky Way, staying on the 'international spacelanes' so as not to provoke hostilities. This fleet voyage is meant to be viewed in the same context as the US's 'Great White Fleet'. I ask that, if you're interested in participating in this thread, that you contact me thru telegram first. Enjoy!

Orbit of Genesis. Central StarStation

Supreme Admiral Gordon Fallow admired everything about his first command, the first Zeus-class capital ship in the IGF Stellar Navy. The IGFS Warrior was very powerful, heavily armed, and fully staffed. From the data he had been provided on the way up from the Central StarStation, he knew that the ship by itself had enough firepower to blast craters into a planet. Thankfully, there was no call for this on this very first mission under his command. As he made his way onto the Command Deck, his executive officer, Captain Gregory Talisen saluted him, then called out in a booming voice "ADMIRAL ON DECK!" The crew stopped what they were doing, stood at attention, and saluted Fallow. He returned the salute, then gestured for everyone to return to their duty. He took his place at the center seat.

Fallow - "Status?"

Helm Officer Lieutenant Paula Orlova - "All systems ready. Our other ships are reporting in, as well, sir."

He glanced at the viewscreen, which showed four Achilles-class heavy battleships, eight Hercules-class heavy destroyers, and sixteen Agrius-class frigates. He felt very impressed with the new ships, and the fact that he was in command of them as Supreme Admiral.

Fallow - "Captain Talisen, contact Central, and inform them that the fleet is standing by to depart on pre-approved flight path."

Talisen *to Central* - "This is Warrior contacting Central. We're standing by to depart. Awaiting your signal."

Voice - "This is Central. You are clear and free to navigate. Godspeed to you and your fleet."

Fallow - "Ladies and gentlemen. Remember this is a history-making maiden voyage. Keep this day in your minds and hearts for as long as you live."

Everyone on the Command Deck smiled at the words of the Supreme Admiral, taking his words to heart. Fallow sat back in his chair and gave the order.

Fallow - "Helm, take us out. Warp 5."
ALSO RP AS: Federate Cherokee State, New Aztlan
Founder/member of: Dual Monarchy of Holy Trek-Inuyashina, Intergalactic Federacy and member of ANTO
Type VII, Tier I Civilization
Pro: Obamacare, gun control, choice, gay rights, Israel, Church and State separation, Liberalism
Anti: Theocracy, Tea Party, Radical Republicans, Limbaugh, Palin, Cruz, Conservatism
My nation reflects certain of my OOC and RL beliefs, a few of which are listed. Don't like it? Don't engage me in debate.
MT nation: Imperial Columbia PT nation: Levantine Empire of Palmyra
Factbooks coming soon!

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:02 am

Captain Soren Hedstrom strolled onto the Command Deck of the Achilles-class heavy battleship IGFS Philosopher's Seal. He had been given command thanks to his aristocratic parents, and he was determined to bring honor to his family. He took his place in the center chair, then asked for reports. Commander Mona Olsson was the first to reply.

Olsson - "Crew aboard and at their posts, Captain."

Next, he asked for a systems report from Lieutenant Commander Maki Takayama.

Takayama - "All systems show green, Captain."

Finally, he asked for a report on readiness of the flagship from Lieutenant Mikhail Iwasaki.

Iwasaki - "Flagship reports ready, as do the other ships. Just awaiting the go from Central."

Hedstrom - "Very well. Helm, as soon as the flagship gives the go order, move out. Match course and speed."

He leaned back in his chair and smiled. He could sense the commander giving him a strange look. He turned to regard Mona thoughtfully.

Hedstrom - "I've awaited this day all my life. Finally, I have a chance to bring honor to my Family, my nation, and the IGF. This means more to me than you can imagine."

Olsson - "I can tell. This will be a mission for the history books, sir. I hope I won't let you down."
Honor counts for naught when it causes innocents to be sacrificed.

Proud Member of the League of Anime Lovers

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Independent Freighter Hastati. Grid Sector 009

The Hastati was a 69-year-old freighter which had seen many a cargo run in its many years of service. Armed with only two pulse cannon turrets, on the ventral and dorsal hull, the Hastati was ill-equipped to deal with the many pirates that frequented the area of space nicknamed the 'Barbary Zone' after the Barbary Coast home of pirates in the 18th-19th centuries. Fortunately, the freighter was well outside the danger area. Unfortunately, the particularly dangerous group of pirates, known as the Red Skull Pirates, had begun to spread out from the Barbary Zone into adjacent sectors. Hastati entered grid sector 009 unaware of the increased activity. Her pilot, Geir Zalat, was looking forward to another run in which he could sleep. He leaned back in his seat, eyes closed, as his two companions, Alison Camaro and Taddeu Czarnesky monitored the flightpath. Suddenly, an alarm blared, sending Zalat tumbling from his chair in panic.

Camaro - "Geir, I have a group of incoming bogeys. Bearing 2-3-7 point 9."

Zalat - "Identify."

Camaro - "I have no ID on the bogeys, but I'm reading a power buildup in their weapons systems. They're locking on to us."

Czarnesky - "Activating turret defenses and raising shields."

Zalat - "Can we run through their formation, confuse them long enough to engage warp?"

Camaro - "We could, but the ones farther from our flightpath will react quicker and target us once we blow past."

Czarnesky - "Plus, our fastest speed is only warp 3. No telling how fast their ships can go."

Zalat - "Damn. Alright, batten down the hatches and prepare for a firefight. We won't be able to outrun them. Send out an SOS before they jam our comms, though."

Camaro - "I've been sending the SOS since those bogeys started charging their weapons."

Czarnesky - "I finally got an ID on the bogeys, and you won't like it."

Zalat - "Pirates, right?"

Czarnesky - "Not just pirates, Geir. Red Skull Pirates."

Zalat - "Double damn"
Founder/member of: Dual Monarchy of Holy Trek-Inuyashina, Intergalactic Federacy and member of ANTO
Pro: Obamacare, gun control, choice, gay rights, Israel, Church and State separation, Liberalism
Anti: Theocracy, Tea Party, Radical Republicans, Limbaugh, Palin, Cruz, Conservatism
My nation reflects certain of my OOC and RL beliefs, a few of which are listed. Don't like it? Don't engage me in debate.
Factbooks coming soon!

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:06 pm

IGFS Philosopher's Seal. Two Hours Later

Mikhail Iwasaki was not prepared for the sudden distress call from grid sector 009. As the transmission played across his board, he frowned. The news was very troubling, as pirates were now expanding from the wild sectors into adjacent sectors. He called back to Captain Hedstrom, seated in his chair in the center of the Command Level.

Iwasaki - "Captain, SOS from grid sector 009. A freighter is under attack from pirates."

Hedstrom - "Send a copy of that SOS to Warrior and advise Supreme Admiral Fallow that we're awaiting orders."

Iwasaki - "Yes, sir."

Commander Olsson approached Hedstrom from the back of the Command Deck, carrying a padd in her hand. She leaned in just enough to be heard by Hedstrom alone.

Olsson - "Captain, none of our fighters have been combat-tested. You certain we should go to the aid of the freighter?"

Hedstrom - "While that call is for the Supreme Admiral to make, were I in his place, I would. This would be the first test of those fighters' combat abilities."

Olsson - "Yes, Captain. Just hope this won't be the last engagement in combat for our maiden voyage."

Hedstrom - "Me and you are in agreement, there, Mona. Resume your post, please."

Olsson bowed, then returned to her station. Iwasaki turned in his chair to face Hedstrom.

Iwasaki - "Supreme Admiral Fallow has ordered the fleet to adjust course and proceed to grid sector 009 immediately."

Hedstrom - "Helm, you heard Mr Iwasaki. Adjust course. Have our fighter pilots head to their craft."

Helm Officer - "Yes, Captain."

Hedstrom - "Lieutenant Commander Takayama. Go to Red Alert and arm the weapons systems. We're about to see how impressive these weapons truly are."

Takayama - "Yes, Captain."

Hedstrom leaned forward in his chair, as if trying to see the hostiles with his naked eye. He anticipated his first combat action as part of the IGF Stellar Navy.

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Grid Sector 009

The 1st IGF Fleet drops out of warp just outside the combat area. Supreme Admiral Fallow gazes at the viewscreen in horror as the small freighter continues to face the harrassing attacks of the smaller pirate vessels. They swarmed about the freighter like angry bees, firing at the ship and leaving hull scorches and breaches in several places. He hoped the crew had sealed the bridge off, otherwise they would all perish in vacuum.

Fallow - "Tactical, have two Achilles-class ships move to protect that freighter, and launch fighters. Orders are shoot to kill."

Tactical Officer - "Yes sir."

Fallow - "Helm, bring us to within tractor range of the freighter. They need a dock so they can make repairs and we're the next best thing to a StarStation."

Tactical Officer - "Fighters launched, sir."

Fallow - "Red Alert."

The pirate craft were unprepared for the sudden appearance of the IGF fleet. They turned their guns toward the newcomers and unleashed a volley of missiles which impacted the shields around the fleet ships. Both the Achilles-class ships responded with a barrage of turbolaser and pulse cannon blasts. Three of the pirate ships are crippled and forced to surrender, while a fourth is destroyed. The lone surviving pirate ship, with the kidnapped captain onboard, turns and flees the sector at high warp.

pirate ship
Factbooks coming soon!

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:57 pm

IGFS Philosopher's Seal Minutes earlier

Captain Hedstrom watched as his ship, and the sister ship IGFS Freya closed on the damaged freighter, still under attack from the pirate ships. Behind him, at Tactical, Lieutenant Commander Takayama readied the weapons for combat. Lieutenant Iwasaki scanned the freighter for lifesigns, while Commander Olsson was making out a report which would be submitted to Central once they returned. Hedstrom rose from his seat and walked to the viewscreen.

Hedstrom - "How bad is the freighter damaged?"

Takayama - "She's salvageable, but she'll need six months in a repair facility. Captain, the pirates are coming about. They've seen us. Detecting missile lock!"

Hedstrom - "Brace yourselves. Ready interceptor guns."

Takayama - "Ready sir....INCOMING!"

The ship lurched to the right as the missile barrage began. People grabbed their seats and held on tight as the ship bucked. Thankfully the shields were already powered up, otherwise the barrage would've been more disasterous. Hedstrom steadied himself using the helm chair, then turned to Takayama.

Hedstrom - "Full return fire, now!"

He turned back to the screen and watched as the forward weapons arrays unleashed a volley of deadly fire which destroyed one ship, and dealt serious damage to the other three. Takayama called out suddenly as she watched a lone pirate ship turn and flee.

Takayama - "I found the freighter captain. He's on the ship that just got away!"

Hedstrom - "Damn! We'll have to let it go. We have three POWs to arrest, and the freighter still needs us. Stand down from Red Alert"

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Zalat awoke to find his arms bound. He didn't remember anything after giving the order to send an SOS out when the pirates started attacking. He had no idea where he was, though he was certain he was no longer on his ship. He tried to rise to his feet but discovered quite painfully when he fell on his face, that his legs were also bound. Cursing the fates for bringing him to such a sorry state, he laid there, face down. A grinding sound forced him to lift his head to see what was happening. Large metal doors which sounded as though they were in need of oil opened to reveal a humanoid. His hair was a deep blue and flowed down his back like water, but the most frightening feature were his eyes, which glowed a blood red. Zalat managed to glimpse the bridge behind the man, and noted that the ship was at high warp before two more figures, similar in appearance, blocked any further views.

The large man approached slowly, letting his mere height and build intimidate the helpless Zalat.

Man - "I am Corverx, chief of the Red Skull Pirate clan. I believe you are called Zalat."

Zalat said nothing, which seemed to amuse Corverx.

Corverx - "Independent freighter Hastati, loaded with Quantium-40 and berylium. Not that that matters, as I'm not interested in the cargo. I'm interested in money, and I believe you can help with that."

Zalat - "Why would I help you, a common pirate and scumdog?"

Corverx - "Scumdog? Hahahahaha, you use such rude language. And I never said you would willingly help me. See, you've been kidnapped for the purpose of collecting ransom and several planetoids which we want."

Zalat - "A bunch of floating rocks? You kidnap me for a bunch of floating rocks? You're insane."

Corverx - "No, actually, I'm rich. Between your ransom and those mineral rich planetoids..I could build a large warship and exact even more wealth."

Zalat - "Typical pirate."

Corverx - "I'm more than a pirate. I'm also a con-man, assassin-for-hire, and terrorist...according to the arrest warrant now up to date. I'm wanted in 28 star systems. Five national bodies want me dead or alive. In short, I'm famous."

Zalat - "More like infamous."

Corverx - "Haven't you ever heard of the mind over matter principle. I don't mind the infamy...and it...and you...don't matter."

He turned to the two other men, standing behind him.

Corverx - "Make sure he doesn't attempt to release his bonds. If he does, stun him."

Zalat - "Not 'kill me'?"

Corverx turned just enough to regard his prize.

Corverx - "You're too valuable to be killed......right now."
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:53 pm

IGFS Warrior Main Launchbay

Several medtechs and security troops were on hand when the Hastati was tractored into the bay. The large Zeus-class capital ship had a bay large enough to hold anything up to the size of Centaur-class Imperial starships. The capital ship had moved to a position just above the crippled freighter once the battle was over, and now the mission was to see if the freighter could be salvaged. Once the freighter docked, the medtechs were quick to rush inside to look for any wounded.

Medtech #1 - "Nothing in the crew quarters."

Medtech #3 - "Engine room is empty."

Medtech #2 - "Proceeding through the main corridor. Bridge hasn't been checked yet."

Medtech #3 - "I'll meet you there in 5 minutes."

Medtech #4 - "On my way to the bridge now."

The medtechs all converged on the main bridge. There, on the floor, were two people who were clearly unconscious. The fourth medtech scanned for the captain's lifesigns but could not find him.

Medtech #2 - "We need medi-carts here, stat."

Medtech #1 - "From preliminary scans, they both have suffered head trauma. Looks like they were hit with the butt of a plasma rifle."
Factbooks coming soon!

Odinburgh
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:24 pm

[b]Transmission from Midgard Starbase 2-Control Room (located in Earth Orbit) to Central StarStation-Genesis:

"Is this Central StarStation? This is Vice Admiral Tyr Paxton from Midgard Starbase 2 of Odinburgh. We hope your fleet makes it here so you tour our facilities and Odinburgh Starfleet Command Headquarters in Thorheim at our home planet of Odinburgh. Not need to worry to travel by ship to our home planet of Odinburgh. Our Midgard Station is connected to the Bifrost Trans-Dimensional Space Transporter System as well as other bases in the Odinburgh Federation are also to connected our Federation Starfleet Command Headquarters. Looking forward to seeing the IGF Stellar fleet."

Vice Admiral also sends picture of Midgard Starbase 2.

Midgard Starbase 2(full view)
Last edited by Odinburgh on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Odinburgh wrote:[b]Transmission from Midgard Starbase 2-Control Room (located in Earth Orbit) to Central StarStation-Genesis:

"Is this Central StarStation? This is Vice Admiral Tyr Paxton from Midgard Starbase 2 of Odinburgh. We hope your fleet makes it here so you tour our facilities and Odinburgh Starfleet Command Headquarters in Thorheim at our home planet of Odinburgh. Not need to worry to travel by ship to our home planet of Odinburgh. Our Midgard Station is connected to the Bifrost Trans-Dimensional Space Transporter System as well as other bases in the Odinburgh Federation are also to connected our Federation Starfleet Command Headquarters. Looking forward to seeing the IGF Stellar fleet."

Vice Admiral also sends picture of Midgard Starbase 2.

Midgard Starbase 2(full view)

Transmission to Midgard Starbase 2

"The 1st IGF Fleet should arrive at Earth, or Midgard as you call it, within 7 standard hours. We'll notify Supreme Admiral Fallow of your offer of the tour. It is great to hear from you MS-2."
Factbooks coming soon!

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Meanwhile....

Postby Holy Trek » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:08 am

Otayu system, Otayu Prime

The Otayu had been a peaceful, agriculturally-based race of beings who could be best described as bipedal cows. Because they relied heavily on the crops they grew, they had little in the way of weapons or defense systems on their planet. Until five days ago, they had no reason to fear the unknown. Their only link to the rest of the galaxy was a relay station on the slopes of their highest peak, which required them to don special tempera-suits to prevent them from freezing to death. It was from here that the first signs that their lives were about to be turned upside down first appeared.
They came literally out of the local sun, several dozen ships of a configuration never encountered by the Otayu before. They were clearly marked as war vessels, and the warning soon spread across Otayu Prime that a foreign, alien invader was about to descend upon them. The Otayu, having few ships capable of mounting a defense, were dispatched in their primitive ships in an attempt to slow down the invaders long enough to allow the beings below to get an SOS out. The resulting space battle cost the Otayu nearly their entire defense fleet, but finally allowed them, through a survivor onboard a lifepod, to identify the invaders as Akritir.
Fortunately for the Otayu, their Akritiri invaders felt the Otayu too primitive for a subspace communications array-this being judged by the quickness and ease in which they defeated and all but destroyed the Otayu Defense Force. The Otayu sent a scrambled SOS transmission toward the closest sector to their home system in the hopes that someone would pick it up. They did not know it, but that closest sector was in the local space controlled by the Empire of Inuyashina, founder and member state of the Intergalactic Federacy.
Last edited by Holy Trek on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks coming soon!

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:47 pm

On the edge of Inuyashinan space, four Sharlin-class cruisers were finishing their patrol of the borders, near Namekian space. It was just weeks ago that the Namekians had opened their borders and reached out to Inuyashina. Namekia had no starships as yet, thus Inuyashina had agreed to provide patrols. On the flagship, HMRS Celestial Spirit, Captain Hiroki Fujita enjoyed a cup of green tea. At the Tactical station, Lieutenant Commander Lana Petrov monitored the subspace channels. Double doors at the aft of the bridge opened and Commander Stefano Morelli walked in, in his crisp white uniform.

Morelli - "Good afternoon, Captain."

Fujita - "Good afternoon, Commander. Enjoy your R&R period?"

Morelli - "You might want to ask Lieutenant Commander Fontana, sir."

Fujita chuckled. Morelli and Freihauser had been seeing each other for several months, and while it was not regulation, it was also not against regulation. Fujita knew that they would perform their duty when needed, but as this had been a routine patrol, neither of them were really required. Just then, the Tactical station came alive as an SOS was picked up.

Petrov - "Captain, I have a distress call from Sector 4-4-10. They say they're under attack."

Fujita - "How far outside Royal space is that sector?"

Petrov - "3 parsecs, sir."

Morelli - "Just outside our jurisdiction, yet close enough to warrant an investigation."

Fujita - "Agreed. Petrov, contact the other three ships and have them follow us to Sector 4-4-10."

Petrov - "Sending message."

Fujita - "Helm, set jump coordinates and stand by to jump at my command."

Helm Officer - "Jump engines charged. Ready to jump at your command. Other ships report ready."

Fujita - "Jump!"
Last edited by Inuyashina on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:06 pm

RavenEye Station (Location Classified)

Commander Ariel Selvig heard about Akritiri attack in the Otayu System on Otayu Prime. Her assistant quietly walked away after slipping the message to her. Commander Selvig was the director of RavenEye Station which was sophicated Intelligence Ops gathering station located in a place classified by Odinburgh Starfleet.

Her assistant walked back in. "Oh we might need get put together a file on the Namekians since they just opened their doors to the Inuyashinans."

Commander Selvig looked at her window looking at the blackness of space. "Very well get started then, Lieutenant."

The Lieutenant knew something was troubling the boss of RavenEye Station. The Lt decided not to confront her on it. The Lt walked to return to work at their designated area.

"I am not quite sure I am cut for this line of work. Why am I here? Why did Ft Admr Njord want me here. Who I am to question when I talking to a window. This is the here and now. Best get on with it I supposes."- Commander Ariel Selving said muttering to herself.
Last edited by Odinburgh on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

IGFS Warrior Command Deck

Supreme Admiral Fallow was at his desk when Captain Talisen came in with the report. Fallow was enjoying his coffee and noted the expression on Talisen's face as he pulled the chair out on the opposite side of the desk, and sat down.

Fallow - "How's the freighter crew?"

Talisen - "In a coma. We also could not locate the captain. I can only assume by this that he was abducted by those pirates."

Fallow - "I got that similar suspicion from Hedstrom. His sensors recorded one of those pirate ships making a run for it at high warp."

Talisen - "Sir, I know we weren't initially intended to get into combat, but will we rescue that captain?"

Fallow - "We won't, no. But I did pass the report to Central. They're preparing the Coalition Stellar Navy for a rescue/combat mission. Central informs me that there are too few IGF ships to deploy for this mission. Meanwhile, we're to stop at MIdgard 2 on our way, so we can transfer those patients to their care."

Talisen - "Midgard-2? Isn't that an Odinburgh station in orbit of Earth?"

Fallow - "Odinburgh isn't an Earth-based nation like Holy Trek, however, many of their ancestors did come from Earth. Hence the significance of Midgard to Odinburgh."

Talisen - "Now I understand. Well, I should report to the Command Deck and assume night-watch."

Fallow - "Very well."

Talisen rose from his seat, and started for the door, then turned back to Fallow.

Talisen - "There was one other report. Inuyashinans have picked up a distress call from a race called Otayu. They've been under attack by a hostile race."

Fallow - "Does Central know of this?"

Talisen - "The Royal Parliament did send a message to Central. Their representative in the Diet has also raised the subject."

Fallow - "Thank you for telling me. Keep me appraised on this matter."

Talisen - "Yes, sir. Goodnight, sir."

He saluted the Supreme Admiral, who returned the salute. Talisen then turned and left the room, on his way to the Command Deck. Fallow sat back in his chair, and sipped his coffee again, pondering the Otayu situation.
Factbooks coming soon!

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Odinburgh Aesirium One Starbase (OA-1)

Fleet Admiral Sigurd Njord arrived from Genesis back to Odinburgh to it's main orbital starbase OA-1. Vice Admiral Tyr Paxton greeted him as he was headed to his office after arrival. Things seems normal here he was guessing. But everything however didn't seem fine in Flt Admr Njord's eyes as things seemed a bit off.

"Something wrong, Vice Admiral. You seem not yourself. Follow me into my office"-Flt Admr Njord

The Vice Admiral followed Fleet Admiral Njord into a big office down a big hall near the end of it. Upon entry Tyr looked into the big room which he hesitated. Njord looked behind which was indicator to Tyr that it was safe for him to come in. Njord offered him a sit in one of two chairs in front of a huge desk. Tyr sat down. Flt Admr Njord went behind the desk where a bigger chair was which he sat down also. The Fleet Admr motioned Vice Admiral Paxton to speak his mind.

"Um, well there is a bit of situation with Otayu System at Otayu Prime. They have been attacked by the Akritiri."-Vice Admiral Paxton

"Who now? How much damage did they take?"- Flt Admr Njord

"All but destroyed sir. Only remants of their species are left on their other planets in the system. That's what we know so far."- Vice Admiral Paxton

"Thanks. I will contact the Empire of Holy Trek to find out more information. You contact Asgard Squadron Special Ops fleet on the double. I want them to be prepared to leave to the Otayu System soon as I get more information. Might as well contact RavenEye Station our elite Intelligence outpost, the President of Odinburgh Starfleet and the Chancellor while your at it Vice Admiral."

The Fleet Admiral thought to himself, 'Oh the Chancellor won't like to hear this at all when he returns since he is still on Genesis right now wrapping up final talks at the Gala there before arriving back home.' while speaking to Vice Admiral Paxton.

"What about Olympian Squadron, sir?"- Vice Admiral Paxton

"Midgard is no threat as of my guess for right now. Plus they are enroute to RavenEye Station on a secret mission. Now get to your job. I have much needed work to do as it appears I must since my return to OA-1. Thanks for notifying me, Vice Admiral. Your excused now."-Flt Admr Njord

Tyr Paxton walked out of Flt Admr Njord's office. Sigurd Njord was after commander-in-chief of Odinburgh Starfleet. Tyr Paxton began to carry out orders that were given to him. Back in the office that Tyr Paxton left, Njord began to do his work by starting to punch a Interlink Code on a computer interface padd in front of him, "This is OA-1. Get me the Empire of Holy Trek."
Last edited by Odinburgh on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Basestar Home One Code-named Destroyer

Secretary of the Joint Chiefs Gowron growled low in his throat as he stared down the Base Commander, David Petraeus. Patraeus had argued for a 'wait-and-see' move by the Imperial government regarding the pirate situation in Grid Sector 009. Gowron, anxious to fight as was typical of Klingons, wanted to send warships to drive the pirates out of their bastion and destroy them. They had argued over the matter for the last two hours, and while Petraeus was trying his damnedest to keep his cool, Gowron had already drawn his dagger and drove it into the oak finish desk.

Gowron - "It wouldn't take but 30 ships to run those honorless dogs out of that sector once and for all!"

Petraeus - "You do not have the authorization of the emperor or myself to conduct such a mission, and I will not repeat myself again. Now either take your dagger and get the hell out of my office, or I'll have security throw you into a brig."

Gowron - "You aren't fit to be commander of this baseship, Petraeus. I'll recommend you be stripped of command once I return to the capital."

Petraeus - "Good luck with that, Gowron. As long as Martok and the emperor are confident in my job here, you're gonna be barking up two wrong trees."

Before Gowron could further escalate the confrontation, a commsignal got the attention of both men.

Voice - "Commander, we have a situation developing in the Otayu system. Inuyashina has sent four ships, and Odinburgh has asked to speak with an Imperial representative."

Gowron - "Inform Inuyashina that 30 Klingon ships will be sent to reinforce the Otayu."

Voice - "Yes, Mr Secretary. Shall I patch in the Odinburgh message to Commander Petraeus?"

Gowron - "Yes."

When the comm ended, Gowron sneered at Petraeus, showing jagged yellow teeth.

Gowron - "I'll leave you to talk, since you're so good at it. I will go out and win a victory for the Klingon people and the empire."
Last edited by Holy Trek on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks coming soon!

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:58 pm

HRMS Celestial Spirit. Otayu system

Helm Officer - "Entering the Otayu system."

Fujita - "Jump to normal space."

The four ships exited hyperspace and cruised toward the planet, but it didn't take long to locate either combatants. Otayu ships were fighting a losing battle with the Akritiri ships, who seemed to be giving them no quarter. It was a 7-2 match and the Otayu were outnumbered.

Petrov - "Captain, I read 14 heavily damaged Otayu fighter craft in the area. Looks like those Akritir are about to finish them off."

Fujita - "There is no honor in destroying an opponent who can no longer fight."

Morelli - "Tell that to the Akritir, sir."

Fujita - "Charge the forward guns and open gunports. Let's show these Akritir what they're now up against. Take up defensive positions close to those Otayu ships. Cover them."

Helm Officer - "Aye sir."

Petrov - "Message from Holy Trek. They're sending 30 Klingon ships, but they might not get here for some time."

Fujita - "Then we'll hold this system until they arrive. Meantime, let's give these gentlemen a reason to leave. Mrs Petrov, commence fire, target weapons systems only."

Petrov - "Yes sir."

The Inuyashinan ships advanced into defensive posture, protecting the crippled Otayu ships, then fired on the Akritiri ships. Blue-green lances of energy ripped across the gulf between them and struck the Akritiri ships. Several of them were caught umprepared and evaded straight into each other. Total lost so far was 5 Akritiri ships. The remaining ships turned and unleashed return fire on the Inuyashinan ships.

Fujita - "Damage report?"

Petrov - "2% shield damage. Very negligible, sir."

Fujita - "Hit them again."

Another volley of energy struck the Akritiri ships and this time seven ships were damaged, losing their weapons capabilities. Their commanders seeming to realize that they were outgunned, the Akritiri ships turned and fled Otayu Prime.
Last edited by Inuyashina on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:03 am

Aesirium One (OA-1)

Intercom Link from Fleet Admiral Njord to Commander Petraeus: "This is Fleet Admral Njord of the Odinburgh Federation. I understand that the Otayu has been under attack. Odinburgh is neither familar with Otayu race or their aggressors, the Akritir. We wish to have some information about them and the situation at hand. One of Odinburgh Starfleet's elite squadrons can be dispatched there if I can get the coordinates also."

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Odinburgh wrote:(Image)

Aesirium One (OA-1)

Intercom Link from Fleet Admiral Njord to Commander Petraeus: "This is Fleet Admral Njord of the Odinburgh Federation. I understand that the Otayu has been under attack. Odinburgh is neither familar with Otayu race or their aggressors, the Akritir. We wish to have some information about them and the situation at hand. One of Odinburgh Starfleet's elite squadrons can be dispatched there if I can get the coordinates also."

Reply message

"We're also not familiar with either the Otayu or Akritir, and hope to learn more from the Inuyashinans once the immediate crisis has been resolved. We have 30 Klingon ships on their way, although they won't arrive on time, so I can only hope the Inuyashinans can hold the system and protect the Otayu until those ships arrive."
Factbooks coming soon!

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Reply Return Message from Fleet Admiral Njord: "Thanks. I will be contacting the Inuyashinans shortly to get briefing."

Fleet Admiral Njord turns off his intercom link then pick up a communicator device to speak into it to his assistant, "Get me the Odinburgh Starfleet President. I must call for an emergency meeting to be session within a half hour of the top command personnel of Federation Starfleet at the OA-1 meeting room on B deck. Also ready dispatch a diplomat to the Otayu System to go with a fleet on standby."

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:05 am

HRMS Celestial Spirit Otayu Prime

The four Sharlin-class cruisers, led by Celestial Spirit had taken up defensive positions in front of what remained of the Otayu Defense Fleet, which could not really be called a fleet due to the small size of the ships available to them. Shuttles were already traveling between Inuyashinan and Otayu ships, ferrying engineers and medical technicians to assist in the repairs and tending the wounded. The closest Otayu ships were in such bad shape that speculation ran wild over whether they'd be spaceworthy again. Others were beyond salvage. Captain Fujita watched the rescue and repair work going on, on the bridge viewscreen, feeling as though he had arrived too late to prevent a carnage from being let loose. He had sympathy for these people whom he didn't know. After all, they had simply wanted to contact other races on their own timetable, and suddenly they come face-to-face with an aggressive race bent on subjugation.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:07 pm

Transmission OA-1 to Inuyashina:

Odinburgh is sending a fleet to Otayu Prime. Also a diplomat has been readied to rendevous there if needed. Hope this message makes it to you.

Fleet Admiral Sigurd Njord ended his transmission. He looked out his window a short minute and then headed down the hall. Not knowing what will happen he went quietly down to President Tiberious K. Erickson's office to meet with him to brief him on current events.

Inuyashina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inuyashina » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Reply Message to Odinburgh

An ambassador will most definitely be needed. Appreciate the assistance you're sending. Will brief your CO upon arrival

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Tue May 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Inuyashina wrote:Reply Message to Odinburgh

An ambassador will most definitely be needed. Appreciate the assistance you're sending. Will brief your CO upon arrival

Good we will notify our Ambassador in Cherokee to depart soon as he done doing business there.

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Tue May 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Midgard-2, Earth Orbit

Supreme Admiral Fallow had arrived on the station as soon as the IGF Fleet arrived at Earth. The runabout which carried him, also carried the crew of the freighter Hastati, as they were in need of medical attention. Fallow stepped off the ramp and took his first look at the inside of the station, feeling very impressed with the design of the infrastructure. He stepped aside as the carts bearing the comatose Hastati crew were wheeled to the Medical Bay.
Factbooks coming soon!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents