NATION

PASSWORD

Mercenary contracts in Lizardiar (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:52 pm

When the soldiers asked that question, Nova and Vin reached for their pistols, but didn't draw. Jon Thought "Well, looks like no bar for us." He responded by saying "Yes, I'm Jon, commander of this outfit. Were operatives from Insurgents Inc. We just arrived. Where are we supposed to go?" He motioned the others to lower their guard, by putting his hand in his pocket. They follow his orders, but Nova was still watching. She noted their weapons, armor, and facial structures. Vin, however, was upset that they wouldn't be getting a drink.
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Altane
Diplomat

Founded: May 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:When the soldiers asked that question, Nova and Vin reached for their pistols, but didn't draw. Jon Thought "Well, looks like no bar for us." He responded by saying "Yes, I'm Jon, commander of this outfit. Were operatives from Insurgents Inc. We just arrived. Where are we supposed to go?" He motioned the others to lower their guard, by putting his hand in his pocket. They follow his orders, but Nova was still watching. She noted their weapons, armor, and facial structures. Vin, however, was upset that they wouldn't be getting a drink.

The Seargent noticed the Mercenaries almost drew their weapons.

Altanian Seargent: Touchy lot aren't you? Well it would be stupid to shoot an Altanian Soldier. But besides that, I recommend you go to the local Garrison Headquarters.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Zen was chuckling. He obviously knew that they were Altanian soldiers, by uniform. Vin probably didn't, and Nova was just plain touchy feely. "Very well. We'll head their now. What direction is it?"

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:08 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:Zen was chuckling. He obviously knew that they were Altanian soldiers, by uniform. Vin probably didn't, and Nova was just plain touchy feely. "Very well. We'll head their now. What direction is it?"

The Seargent walks out of the bar followed by the Mercenaries.

Altanian Seargent: Luckily your not too far from it. You turn left from here and walk up until you get to the intersection then take a right and it'll be the building surrounded by Altanian Guards with the sign saying 'Garrison Headquarters'.

Talon Company
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Talon Company » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:13 pm

OOC: From what I see, you have six companies already. Can I join?
IC:
Name of Mercenary Group: Talon Company
Leader Name: Commander Jabsco
Country of Origin: -Unknown-
Age of Leader: 46
Number of Mercenaries: 6
Weapons: x6 AK-74 assault rifles w/ suppressors and sights, x2 Rocket Propelled Grenade launchers, x2 M60 machine guns, x2 MO-120-RT-61 mortars, x1 T-90 main battle tank, x6 bayonets, x6 KM2000 combat knives.

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Talon Company wrote:OOC: From what I see, you have six companies already. Can I join?
IC:
Name of Mercenary Group: Talon Company
Leader Name: Commander Jabsco
Country of Origin: -Unknown-
Age of Leader: 46
Number of Mercenaries: 6
Weapons: x6 AK-74 assault rifles w/ suppressors and sights, x2 Rocket Propelled Grenade launchers, x2 M60 machine guns, x2 MO-120-RT-61 mortars, x1 T-90 main battle tank, x6 bayonets, x6 KM2000 combat knives.

OOC: You may and can RP your arrival in Lizardiar

Naretion
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Naretion » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:29 pm

The Ambition group stayed quiet and alert. Watching everything.
Hope Shall Prevail

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Altane wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Zen was chuckling. He obviously knew that they were Altanian soldiers, by uniform. Vin probably didn't, and Nova was just plain touchy feely. "Very well. We'll head their now. What direction is it?"

Altanian Seargent: Luckily your not too far from it. You turn left from here and walk up until you get to the intersection then take a right and it'll be the building surrounded by Altanian Guards with the sign saying 'Garrison Headquarters'.

Zen said Thanks. We'll go now. I'll see you later, I guess." He motioned the others to follow, an they followed the directions. Vin said "Hey, this is a nice place. When I retire, I might live here." Nova laughed a little and said "Yes, beautiful place if you like rebellion, soldiers and mercenaries." Vin responded with "Well, if we succeed, that'll be over." Zen was thankful that after this, he might not ever have to see this place or these people again. He saw the building, and walked up to the gate. He told the guard "I'm Jon Spillane, leader of this outfit of Insurgents Inc. We were told to report here." Again, Nova noted the mans facial structure and how many guard their were at the building.

@}-;-'---

Talon Company
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Talon Company » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:36 pm

The large, black, Airbus A400M cargo plane was almost invisible in the Lizardian night sky. This did not stop it, however, from emitting a din louder than a volcanic eruption.

Commander Jabsco sat in the aircraft's fuselage, as did the rest of the 6-man team assigned to the operation in Lizardiar. They sat next to the great hulk of the completely black T-50 main battle tank, which took up the majority of the space within the A400M's cramped fuselage. Despite its occupation of much of the mercenaries' time before departure, it was only being taken "in case".
Every one of the men wore the same uniform: a black t-shirt, with black combat trousers, black combat boots and a black kevlar vest, which donned Talon Company's distinct white eagle talon logo on its breast. This same logo, it had been noted by many Talon Company mercs, was tattooed onto Jabsco's back.
None of the men spoke, though loud music of varying genres could be heard blaring from earphones connected to almost all of the men's earlobes.

The A400M had been granted clearance to land by the Altanian airbase they were heading for, and the craft commenced its steady descent through the clouds, finally becoming -slightly- visible and embodying the racket it had been creating to any observers on the ground. As it landed, unlike most aircraft in the same situation, the A400M did not flinch as it made contact with the runway, instead running smoothly along the alsphalt, as it were merely levelling itself at a new altitude.

The craft came to a halt, and an alarm sounded as the cargo bay's ramp slowly descended. Jabsco, though an incredibly patient man, was never one to wait, and leapt from the end on the ramp and onto the asphalt before it was even half open. He landed perfectly, in a crouch, and slowly stood up. He observed the airbase surrounding him.

Where were the Altanians?

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Altane wrote:

Zen said Thanks. We'll go now. I'll see you later, I guess." He motioned the others to follow, an they followed the directions. Vin said "Hey, this is a nice place. When I retire, I might live here." Nova laughed a little and said "Yes, beautiful place if you like rebellion, soldiers and mercenaries." Vin responded with "Well, if we succeed, that'll be over." Zen was thankful that after this, he might not ever have to see this place or these people again. He saw the building, and walked up to the gate. He told the guard "I'm Jon Spillane, leader of this outfit of Insurgents Inc. We were told to report here." Again, Nova noted the mans facial structure and how many guard their were at the building.

The Altanian soldier looks through a list.

Altanian Soldier: Ah yes, you may go through other Mercenaries have already arrived and our C.O. is still waiting for the rest. Quarters have been arranged until the briefing takes place.

Sortmark
Attaché

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sortmark » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:43 pm

ooc: Sortmarker Mercenaries info.

It seems you have one spot left, so,

Name of Mercenary Group: Nöteborg Hird
Leader Name: Geirr
Country of Origin: Sortmark
Age of Leader: 28
Number of Mercenaries (limit of 6 per group): 6
Weapons: Ak-74, knives, sidearms, grenades, fearsome demeanors.

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:45 pm

Talon Company wrote:The large, black, Airbus A400M cargo plane was almost invisible in the Lizardian night sky. This did not stop it, however, from emitting a din louder than a volcanic eruption.

Commander Jabsco sat in the aircraft's fuselage, as did the rest of the 6-man team assigned to the operation in Lizardiar. They sat next to the great hulk of the completely black T-50 main battle tank, which took up the majority of the space within the A400M's cramped fuselage. Despite its occupation of much of the mercenaries' time before departure, it was only being taken "in case".
Every one of the men wore the same uniform: a black t-shirt, with black combat trousers, black combat boots and a black kevlar vest, which donned Talon Company's distinct white eagle talon logo on its breast. This same logo, it had been noted by many Talon Company mercs, was tattooed onto Jabsco's back.
None of the men spoke, though loud music of varying genres could be heard blaring from earphones connected to almost all of the men's earlobes.

The A400M had been granted clearance to land by the Altanian airbase they were heading for, and the craft commenced its steady descent through the clouds, finally becoming -slightly- visible and embodying the racket it had been creating to any observers on the ground. As it landed, unlike most aircraft in the same situation, the A400M did not flinch as it made contact with the runway, instead running smoothly along the alsphalt, as it were merely levelling itself at a new altitude.

The craft came to a halt, and an alarm sounded as the cargo bay's ramp slowly descended. Jabsco, though an incredibly patient man, was never one to wait, and leapt from the end on the ramp and onto the asphalt before it was even half open. He landed perfectly, in a crouch, and slowly stood up. He observed the airbase surrounding him.

Where were the Altanians?

An Altanian Captain walks up to the arriving Mercenaries.

Altanian Captain: Welcome to Lizardiar. I'm sorry for the lack of Guards here as there is a Rebel attack not far from here. But that is not important.

The Captain hands a Mercenary a map.

Altanian Captain: This is a map of the local area, and it should lead you to our Garrison Headquarters.

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Sortmark wrote:ooc: Sortmarker Mercenaries info.

It seems you have one spot left, so,

Name of Mercenary Group: Nöteborg Hird
Leader Name: Geirr
Country of Origin: Sortmark
Age of Leader: 28
Number of Mercenaries (limit of 6 per group): 6
Weapons: Ak-74, knives, sidearms, grenades, fearsome demeanors.

OOC: Ok you now have permission to post your arrival in Lizardiar

Talon Company
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Talon Company » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Without taking the offered map, Jabsco looked at the captain with a mix of disdain and surprise.
"I can assure you, we do not need a map to your headquarters... its position was already given to us prior to our departure, as is protocol. We also have numerous variants of maps of Lizardiar already, as is also protocol. We have no need of your... cartographic assistance."
As the captain lowered the map, Jabsco fixed his posture and gave the man a salute. "Commander Jabsco. Talon Company - Operation Iguania."

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Zen, Vin and Nova walked into the base, looking around. Signs pointed out area's, to the left was the Conference Room, to the right was Quarters."Well, I wonder which one is the way we have to go" said Vin, trying to be funny, and failing. "Probably in the direction that says 'quarters.'" Zen said "Oh, quiet. Lets go." As they passed the other quarters, some were labeled for other, presumably, Merc groups. One in particular was Ambition. The door was heavy, and bore a heavy aura of suspicion. Being a natural investigator, Nova made an attempt for the door. "No, wait." Zen said before she even touched the knob. "Don't open it. Just, watch out for them when they arrive." She took the hint. "Fine, but just for the record, I'm following that order because of the pay we get from this nation, not because you told me to." Zen rolled his eyes, and they proceed to their quarters. Zen opened the door, but Vin pushed pass him. He immediately yelled "Great! Two rooms! I get the room with the single bed!" And he made a run for it. Zen said "No, I'm commander, I get the single bed." and started to wrestle him for it. As they played, Nova did a cartwheel into the room, and with the door only open a crack, she said "Ladies first" and locked it. Zen and Vin, disappointed, let out a sigh. Jon saw that the remaining bed was a bunk bed, and walked over and hopped on top. hey all unpacked, and were now preparing their weapons, and waiting for their briefing.

@}-;-'---

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Talon Company wrote:Without taking the offered map, Jabsco looked at the captain with a mix of disdain and surprise.
"I can assure you, we do not need a map to your headquarters... its position was already given to us prior to our departure, as is protocol. We also have numerous variants of maps of Lizardiar already, as is also protocol. We have no need of your... cartographic assistance."
As the captain lowered the map, Jabsco fixed his posture and gave the man a salute. "Commander Jabsco. Talon Company - Operation Iguania."

Altanian Captain returns the salute

Altanian Captain: Very well, I suggest you get to the Garrison HQ soon. Our Commander has been waiting a while.
Last edited by Altane on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sortmark
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sortmark » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Unlike the other mercenary groups, the Sortmarker transportation was hardly impressive - a small six-seater Cessna stolen from a Freidlichen civilian airport at about the time the Hird was retreating from that country. Most of the Kievan Hird had broken up and scattered after that war, some ending up here, some there. Geirr and the company he had scraped together had stayed in the country of Zakrapat for a while, hiring out to the local government, and when that work had dried up they had moved on.

Once the small aircraft had landed, six men piled out to greet the Altanian officer; Geirr himself, a four other North Russian mercenaries, and at the end, Janis, the hulking, hairy, six-and-a-half foot Balt who spoke not a word of English, and little enough Norwegian - but who looked like he could break a man in two with his bare hands. On at least one occasion, during the Freidlicher insurgency, Geirr had seen him come close to doing so.

Even the other four Russians gave Janis plenty of respectful distance, though most were big men themselves, in their twenties and thirties. The one on the end, the youngest, started pulling weaponry out of the rear end of the plane and handing each man his assault rifle.
Last edited by Sortmark on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:07 pm

Sortmark wrote:Unlike the other mercenary groups, the Sortmarker transportation was hardly impressive - a small six-seater Cessna stolen from a Freidlichen civilian airport at about the time the Hird was retreating from that country. Most of the Kievan Hird had broken up and scattered after that war, some ending up here, some there. Geirr and the company he had scraped together had stayed in the country of Zakrapat for a while, hiring out to the local government, and when that work had dried up they had moved on.

Once the small aircraft had landed, six men piled out to greet the Lizardiaran officer; Geirr himself, a four other North Russian mercenaries, and at the end, Janis, the hulking, hairy, six-and-a-half foot Balt who spoke not a word of English, and little enough Norwegian - but who looked like he could break a man in two with his bare hands. On at least one occasion, during the Freidlicher insurgency, Geirr had seen him come close to doing so.

Even the other four Russians gave Janis plenty of respectful distance, though most were big men themselves, in their twenties and thirties. The one on the end, the youngest, started pulling weaponry out of the rear end of the plane and handing each man his assault rifle.

The Loyalist Lizardiarian Officer approaches.

Loyalist Lizardiarian Officer: Welcome to Lizardiar. Our C.O. has been expecting you, I have been instructed to give you directions if necessary if not, it is best you head to the Garrison HQ as soon as possible for the briefing.

Sortmark
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sortmark » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Geirr nodded.

"Directions, yes."

Once the officer had pointed them in the right direction, the Hirdsmen made their way to the HQ.

Talon Company
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Talon Company » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Jabsco nodded, then turned back to the A400M behind him, and gave a sharp whistle to the five men currently unloading the T-90 tank. "Men! We're heading to the Altanian HQ ASAP! Get your asses into gear!"
Four of the men immediately jogged from the aircraft and took positions of attention in front of Jabsco. The fifth man, Kendrick, was occupied with disembarking from the T-90's barrel, before quickly catching up with his comrades. Each mercenary stood to attention, completely expressionless... before bursting into fits of laughter.
Jabsco smirked. The men knew their place, and could be the perfect parade when it suited them, but the strict discipline often displayed by national militaries, as well as some rival mercenary firms, seemed just too immature for the soldiers of Talon Company. It was part of what made them, in Jabsco's eyes, the perfect soldiers. "All right, men, fall out."*

The men did so, still snickering at the mock display of militarism, and gathered their gear. Then, once they were ready, they jogged towards the Altanian HQ.

*Geddit? Geddit?
Last edited by Talon Company on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:21 pm

The P.A. system in the HQ activated.

Soldier over P.A.:Attention all Mercenary personnel! Attention! The Briefing shall begin in 10 minutes. Major Opster advises all Mercenary personnel head to the conference room immediately. That is all.
Last edited by Altane on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:26 pm

Right after finishing cleaning and prepping their weapons, Jon rounded up the others and told them to only bring one weapon each. Jon took his trusty Dual combat knives, Vin took a few frag grenades, and Nova took here personal Dual Desert Eagles. They walked over to the CR, and took some seats. "Wonder when the others are coming..." Vin was bored already. Nova said "Who cares. We have the room to ourselves." Jon chuckled and said "Got that right Miss Demo. haha." She gave him a snarl and they waited for the others.

@}-;-'---

Talon Company
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Talon Company » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Hearing the PA message just as they entered the building, the Talon Company mercs looked at each other, shrugged, sighed, and jogged in the direction of the briefing room.

Once there, each of the mercenaries, excluding Jabsco, lazily dumped their heavy field packs at the door, stretched intrusively, and sat down in a cluster in the corner of the room.
One soldier, Jacob, chewed a piece of gum loudly, while another left one earphone in his ear, which continued to play loud rock music. The men had made themselves at home.

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Major Opster followed by an Aide carrying files entered the Conference Room

Major Opster: Is the slide show ready?

Altanian Aide: Yes, sir.

Major Opster: Good, distribute those files amongst the Mercenaries as well.

The Major stood at the head of the table in front of a screen which would present the slideshow.
Last edited by Altane on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Seeing men with Talons on their uniforms, Zen guessed there names were Talon. He stood up, and greeted them with "Hey, I'm Jon Spillane, but you can call me Zen." Nova said "Sup boys" and continued to relax. Vin, was interested in the Talon. "Very nice symbol. I'm guessing your outfit is called Talon?" They waited for their response...

@}-;-'---

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents