NATION

PASSWORD

Alternate World RP (OPEN/IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Alternate World RP (OPEN/IC)

Postby Arumdaum » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:49 pm

OOC
War
Map

The IC thread for the Alternate World RP.

1. Don't godmod without permission.

2. Post at least six sentences, and use correct spelling and grammar, unless a person is speaking/thinking and that's just how they speak/think.

3. Don't obliterate another player without their permission.

4. When fighting an NPC, please remember that they do fight back, and they won't just have devastating losses all the time.

5. Don't go around landgrabbing and colonizing.

6. Edit your damn tags.

7. Actually have a valid reason to go to war.

8. Maximum of four posts per page, so other people have a chance to post.

9. If you have the last two posts or more, combine all the posts instead and just have one.
Last edited by Arumdaum on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

List of Events

Postby Arumdaum » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:49 pm

Like... none so far.
Last edited by Arumdaum on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Malakkastad, Sumatra
Presidentiële Paleis
8:30 am

The former Lumierian Embassy, in 1966, was converted into a Presidential Palace, under the rule of the second President, serving for eight terms from 1964 to 1996, as Louis Riel, leader of the National Sumatran Party. Now, his successor, President Alfons W. Klerk was residing. This "Sumatraanse" designed structure, based off the ideal Lumierian structure, was renovated in the 1970s. He was white, and responsible for the internal affairs, with his powers greater than even Stalin had when he was alive. He was a dictator, sort-of. He took the nation in an election which only whites (obviously) were allowed to vote in 1996, when the nation was in isolation and remained so. It was once considered to be the breadbasket of Asia. But now, it is getting poorer and poorer.

Surrounded by embassies, the boulevard in front was busy, filled with traffic, heading towards the city center, as well as "blacks" (Minangkabau, Acehnese, Malay and Batak).

However, the President, Alfons W. Klerk was at the Oval Office (Sumatraanse: Ovale Bureau), reading at paperwork. Petitions from Miningkabautinah, requesting it to rejoin Sumatra as an equal part of the Republic.

"No way in hell that they will rejoin us. They wanted sovereignty, and we gave it to them. Why do they need to rejoin it?", he exclaimed to himself. Immediately, he raised his right hand and grabbed the "ONTZEGD" stamp, meaning "Denied" in Sumatraanse. Wham. The stamp looked perfect, on the paper, and then tossed it in the garbage can.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Embark
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Embark » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Church Relinquishes Power to the Royal Family
The Albaea Herald

BOGOTÁ- Pope Raúl Stefano announced earlier today that the Roman Catholic Church will no longer be the head of state and government. He relinquished the powers of the Church onto the Royal Family, most specifically King José. It is widely known that José is the nephew of Raúl and some speculate this is the reason that the power is being given up, so his family will remain in power. An interview with the Pope gave us few answers. We did manage however to learn that the Church did have influence over who became king throughout the past centuries. The other Protestant churches have condemned the Catholic Church for what it has done.

Over the past years members of the Catholic Church have been converting to Protestantism, most notably Lutheranism. The Lutheran churches of Albaea have reported a large influx of members coming from the Catholic Church. At this rate the Roman Catholic Church will no longer be the ruler of the land and the people will have much more religious freedom.

In other news the Royal Family has moved the Federal Capital to Bogotá in the state of Colombia but have left the main religious center of Caracas in the state of Venezuela alone. The people pray for God to bring them a queen and a mother to their land for they have not had one since the former king passed on. Hopefully King José will find his queen.
Last edited by Embark on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Proud Lutheran and pro Israel.
Proudly gets my facts from Fox News rather than the brainwashing CNN.
If you are looking for a great RP region, come over to Lucerna, we have a friendly and welcome atmosphere. New and veteran RPers are welcomed.

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.90
Strongly against Occupy Wall Street and the claimed "99%" they are representing. Please alter your numbers to accurately reflect your percent because 99% is much too high thank you.

Vitius
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Taishogun Takashi Announces Search For Spouse of Empress
Nagoya National Times

KYOTO-Taishogun Takashi, as expected, officially stated that Empress Naoko was available for wedlock this morning. The announcement corresponds with the nineteenth birthday of Naoko, the age at which, according to the Scripture of The Shogunate, a royal daughter is to begin the search for marriage and be married by her twenty-first birthday.

The law also dictates that a member of the royal family is forbidden to marry any suitor from the Capital Islands; while most in the royal family have turned to husbands and wives in the mainland, the modern era has seen more foreign marriages than in the last five-hundred years. Though the Scripture originally dictated that a member of the Taishogun's family could only marry royalty, whether foreign or not, it was shortly adapted after its writing due to the rise of democracy and the slow abolition of monarchy, constitutional or otherwise.

More importantly to some officials, the nineteenth birthday of the only daughter of the current Taishogun also corresponds with the one-thousandth anniversary of the Royal Family, to be celebrated this year.

At the end of the royal press conference, the Taishogun invited nations of the world to send delegates for the anniversary celebrations, which will take place in Nagoya, Kyoto, Seoul and Lanzhou. While not mentioned by the Taishogun, officials for the Royal Family urged nations to send possible suitors for Empress Naoko's hand in marriage.
Last edited by Vitius on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bambi Praxis wrote:
4years wrote:Hitler was worse, but I hate stalin more.

Maintain the rage! Spell the bastard's name without a capital letter, that will settle the score!
Proud Reform Jew

Sabara
Senator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Chengdu, Sichuan

After the Chinese new year celebrations, Chengdu was enveloped in huge celebrations. Fire crackers were going off, and the populace was in a frenzy. Prime Minister Liu watched this all through his window. Elation filled his heart, thinking of how happy his people were. The same was happening in Hong Kong, Chonqing, and Yibin. The population of Sichuan was not very materialistic, but this was the time to go in debt.

[OOC: This is the worst post ever because Arum made me edit my tag]
Last edited by Sabara on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A unique MT rp: Tiandi

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Padangpanjang, Minangkabautinah
6:30 am
Feb. 25, 2012

The capital of Minangkabautinah, a bantustan only recognized by the three other bantustans and Sumatra, and the poorest bantustan of them all, was fearful. Already, an uprising had been planned for a long time. Anger, and resentment against Louis Riel, who died in 2006, the current regime in Sumatra, for maintaining this dreadful system. Already, they were DENIED, for the umpteenth time to rejoin Sumatra, saying they deserved to be sovereign. This was the spark that pulled the powder keg.

The Rupiah, was in theory, 1 Rupiah = 1 guilden, which was also used in two of the other three bantustans, with Aceh using the Acehnese dinar. In practice, 1 guilden was worth 5,000,000,000,000,000 Rupiah, and rising daily. Many could barely even make ends meet anymore, doubling by the week. It was soon a threat, for an uprising. It was not just inevitable, it was the PURPOSE of apartheid.

Finally, Sejung Batari, a grandson of the first President, who was of Malay descent, whose grandmother was Minangkabau, stood up on a podium.

He then said in Malay, "We will not be treated like slaves! So long as apartheid exists, the Native Sumatrans, Malay, Acehnese, Minangkabau and Batak, will fight against it. We will sabotage the system at every chance we get, we will defy their regulations that damage us, and corner us to a second-class status. They claimed we wanted sovereignty, we were FORCED to have sovereignty, just to keep us away." He was only 15, but his message was powerful. However, these words would win the audience of 20,000 people who assembled here. "The only way forward for Limapergunungan (Five Mountains), is this: Unity in Diversity!"

With a resounding cheer, all the police could do was stand there. If they could suppress it, they must gain the approval of BOTH the President of Minangkabau AND the President of Sumatra.

Vitius wrote:
Nagoya National Times

KYOTO-Taishogun Takashi, as expected, officially stated that Empress Naoko was available for wedlock this morning. The announcement corresponds with the nineteenth birthday of Naoko, the age at which, according to the Scripture of The Shogunate, a royal daughter is to begin the search for marriage and be married by her twenty-first birthday.

The law also dictates that a member of the royal family is forbidden to marry any suitor from the Capital Islands; while most in the royal family have turned to husbands and wives in the mainland, the modern era has seen more foreign marriages than in the last five-hundred years. Though the Scripture originally dictated that a member of the Taishogun's family could only marry royalty, whether foreign or not, it was shortly adapted after its writing due to the rise of democracy and the slow abolition of monarchy, constitutional or otherwise.

More importantly to some officials, the nineteenth birthday of the only daughter of the current Taishogun also corresponds with the one-thousandth anniversary of the Royal Family, to be celebrated this year.

At the end of the royal press conference, the Taishogun invited nations of the world to send delegates for the anniversary celebrations, which will take place in Nagoya, Kyoto, Seoul and Lanzhou. While not mentioned by the Taishogun, officials for the Royal Family urged nations to send possible suitors for Empress Naoko's hand in marriage.

Official Communique from the Republic of Sumatra

To: Taishogun Taishaki of Xiguo

I am a widower, at the age of 61, my wife passing on in the past year. I plan to send myself as a suitor for Naoko's hand in marriage. Despite my old age, I am a wise man. Thus, the Sumatraanse community has pledged to send me, as a suitor, for the goal of finding not just a hand for my second wife (the first one, obviously deceased), but for an ally.

Signed,
Alfons W. Klerk
President of the Republic of Sumatra since 1996, Generalissimo of the Sumatran Armed Forces, General of the Armed Forces of Batakia, Malay Free State, Minangkabautinah and Aceh, Grand Master of the Star of Liberty
Last edited by Luziyca on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Embark
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Embark » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Vitius wrote:
Nagoya National Times

Official Document of the Holy State of Albaea

To: Taishogun Takashi
Subject: A suitor for Empress Naoko
Encryption: Medium

We have received your recent request for a suitor for Empress Naoko and would like to submit King José. He is my son and is currently without a father at the age of 16. In the previous year his father became fatally ill and passed on to the land of Heaven. I have relinquished my claim to the throne to my only son, José.

Our nation is in need of a queen and your nation is in meed of an emperor. With this holy union it will bring our two countries closer yet and firmly cement the relationship between our two nations. As a show of our gratitude for accepting José as an applicant we will send you some of our finest coffee and cocoa. Please consider the union between José and Naoko.

Signed,

María García
Last edited by Embark on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Proud Lutheran and pro Israel.
Proudly gets my facts from Fox News rather than the brainwashing CNN.
If you are looking for a great RP region, come over to Lucerna, we have a friendly and welcome atmosphere. New and veteran RPers are welcomed.

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.90
Strongly against Occupy Wall Street and the claimed "99%" they are representing. Please alter your numbers to accurately reflect your percent because 99% is much too high thank you.

Briotto
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Briotto » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Wafuka-Gho Clan "Nails" The Vao-man
Sakir National Post

WAFUKA GHO, SAKIR - Racial tensions are higher than ever as the capricious and undeniably illiberal Lenuda Wafuka-Gho Atup (eng. Young Militia-Wafuka Gho), a radical Puchavise cliyann group (racist group) attacked and nearly killed a Wijouse man for walking past their territory. The man, Kanrad Hijaké, was walking back to his village from the markets in Sakir when the militia, consisting of teens from the village, approached him. He was hit in the back with a makeshift, nailboard. When asked for comment, the boy who hit Hijaké simply responded, "You don't talk back to a Wejé-man, especially not if you're a Vao".

"They said, 'what are you doing here Vao-man?' and I told them I was minding my business," the man said, seemingly unshaken. "I was hit in the back, and the blood was coming down my back right? but I just got up and kept on walking. They walked away, and I could tell they were mad, but I didn't care so I kept on walking."

Hijaké declined to report the crime saying, "It'll only start a war I'm not willing to battle in".

(OOC: Vao-man = person of the Puchavo ethnic group, Wejé-man = person of the Wijou ethnic group)

Addressed To: Mr. Taishogun Takashi
Addressed From: Bøko Luca
Subject: Possible Suitor for Empress Naoko
Encryption Level: Low

Your request for a suitor for Empress Naoko has been received. The Republic of Anritsu would like to offer Jenan du Lieka III as a potential suitor. A successful businessman, and Magistrate-Mayor of Patver-Nudheb for four years, he not only knows how provide Empress Naoko with a sustainable, and worry-free life, but also has the ability to impress everyone around him with his excellent rhetoric.

We hope you consider choosing Mr. Jenan du Lieka III. Attached is a picture of him.

Attachments (1): Jenan_du_Lieka_III.pic

Best regards and wishes for all eternity,
Mr. President Bøko Luca, Luca II
Cél Shippüria u Briotto
Mutatio, ignoscentia et spes
[θœːl ʃipːøɾja uː briotʰo]

Map of the Republic of Briotto
Factbook in Progress | Embassy in Progress
Political Compass
Note: The Revolution Party represents my personal ideological bent.

Sabara
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:50 am

Taiwan Officialy Incorporated as a Fief of Sichuan
四川天 (Sichuan Daily)

TAIPEI- Huge festivals and firecrackers go off as the Taiwanese celebrate their entrance into the nation of Sichuan. Taiwan was annexed in 1924, and since then has been a territory of the Mainland. After the battle of Kowloon, Hong Kong became a fief of Sichuan. This granted the Cantonese more freedoms, and citizenship. Every since then, the Taiwanese have been jealous of the Cantonese freedoms. Now however, the citizens of Taiwan have equal rights. Prime Minister Siuming Liu will be visiting Taiwan next week to celebrate with them.

People are still wondering, though, about why Taiwan wasn't incorporated straight after the annexation like Hong Kong? Jung Chang, a professer of History in Chengdu University, believes she has answer. "Hong Kong, unlike Taipei, is a major trading and strategic center in the South China Sea. The Prime Minister during that time, Xiaohei Xue, probably wanted to make sure the Hong Kongese were being treated well so they're wouldn't be an uprising. Ironically, Taipei is now of equal status to Hong Kong trading-wise, so that's probably why Liu decided to go to the trouble of making it a fief."

In Chengdu Plaza today, Liu announced that this will be the last invasion that Sichuan will make, for he is trying to shake of the imperialist view that many other nations have of Sichuan. The incorporation of Taiwan is not meant to provoke any attack on our Northern neighbor, Xiguo.

To: The Shogunate of Xiguo
Subject: Marriage of the Empress
Encryption: High

If you find it appropiate, the Empress might be interested in meeting my son, Shuming Liu. Shuming is 20 years old, and quite familiar with the politics of Sichuan. You see, if your Empress does marry my son, ties between Sichuan and Xiguo could be established. Our nations have had a history of friction for the past millenia; especially with our annexation of Taiwan which you probably saw as a threat to the mainland. Please, have the Empress consider a marriage with my son. However, it is up to her who she marries, and we don't want any forced marriage, for love- (not politics) is what marriage is all about. I will have my son go to the anniversery as a delegate and a possible suitor.

Yours truly,

Siuming Liu
Last edited by Sabara on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:11 am

Sumatra transfers Jochemistad to Sichuan
Die Sumatra Chroniek (The Sumatran Chronicle)

JOCHEMISTAD - Today, to increase ties between the Independent Fiefs of Seshuan (Sichuan), and the Republic of Sumatra, Jochemistad was transferred, after mutual agreement within the alliance formed in 2005 between Seshuan (Sichuan) and Sumatra, with 81,500 Sumatraanse citizens, and 183,159 workers from the Republic of Aceh. Jochemistad is a vital port, and a key port within the Straits of Malakka (Malacca), besides Malakkastad, the capital of Sumatra.

Upon the transfer, it will be leased for 99 years, until Feb. 26, 2111, when it would be transferred back to Sumatra, as a sovereign state. It is hoped that with the transfer of Jochemistad, that the economies of the Republic of Sumatra and the Independent Fiefs of Seshuan (Sichaun) will boom. What will the future hold for Jochemistad?
Last edited by Luziyca on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabara
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:40 pm

To: The Sumatran Goverment
Subject: Chaoyang in exchange for Jochemistad
Encryption: Low

We deeply thank you for letting us lease the city of Jochemistad for 99 years. Along the South China sea is the city of Chaoyang. Chaoyang is a major manufacturing and trade center along the South Coast. For the same amount of time we will lease Jochemistad Chaoyang will be yours. may our nations prosper for a thousand years.

Signed,

Prime Minister Siuming Liu

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Chaoyang, Noord-Sumatra Territory, Sumatra

Following the approval of the lease, it was immediately organized as part of the Noord-Sumatra territory. Until 1987, the Andoman and Nicobar Islands (Sumatraanse: Eles Andaman en Nicobaren) was part of the Noord-Sumatra Territory, before after a referendum, became sovereign. The name was also applied to the Province of Noord-Sumatra, until in 2008, it became a Province, with the capital at Jochemistad, until recently, when the new capital, Havrestad was completed, in 2010.

Now, the territory was revived, with its last governor, Luc Henri-Jochem, governing the Territory of Noord-Sumatra from 1983 to 2008, appointed governor of the Noord-Sumatra Territory, in this case, now in Chaoyang. It cannot become a Province, since it is leased. Immediately, Luc Henri-Jochem declared that for legal and tax purposes, it will be considered as "Seshuanese (Sichuanese) territory under protection by the Republic of Sumatra," thus, it still had to pay taxes to the goLvernment in Seshuan (Sichuan). However, it now adopted the Seshuan guilden, at par to the Liu, which the Seshuan guilden is worth 1,000 Sumatran guilden, for 1 Seshuan guilden. All laws will be the same as Seshuan (status quo) and will have 2 non-voting delegates to Congress from the Noord-Sumatra Territory.

As for Chaoyang, many celebrated, and many raised the flag of Sumatra, even welcoming the Governor, Luc Henri-Jochem, of Noord-Sumatra. The borders however were now closed, and required a passport to leave the territory, even into and from Sumatra itself. However, they declared Chinese, Dutch, French, English and Sumatraanse to be official languages of the Territory of Noord-Sumatra (compared to Bengali, Hindi, Burmese, Dutch, French, Malay and Sumatraanse in 1986). Chaoyang, was; as much as it could, began to be integrated with Sumatra. This was a new land, and Chaoyang will become a key economic hub for Sumatra. Well, not until these damn Lumierians got their way.
Last edited by Luziyca on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bithunia
Secretary

Founded: Feb 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bithunia » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:22 pm

Hagia Theodora, Bithunia

Patriarch Ioannis IX sat at his office in the Cathedral District of Hagia Theodora, studiously poring over a map of the world. His interest piqued in particular by the realization that for the most part, the Bithunian faith was relatively unknown across the world. Something which needed to be remedied with great speed and importance. The Church had for the most part been occupied in previous eras by ensuring the safety of the followers of St. Thaddeus. It was now time for the Church to expand, and enlighten those who lived in darkness. That which St. Thaddeus had revealed to those first followers in the first century should be spread across the world. The gospel of St. Thaddeus should be evangelized, not kept quietly at home. Granted, there had been a few foreign converts to the faith, some in Sumatra had openly embraced the teachings of the Church. But that was no excuse for there not to be representatives of the Church in every nation.

"Father Barnabas, I believe I have received a revelation."

Father Barnabas Mataraci was the chief aide of the Holy Father. It was he who generally wrote up the Holy Edicts, and generally served as the Patriarch's personal assistant. He always positioned himself on the wall so that he might be in view of the Holy Father, but never in the way. "Yes Your Holiness?"

"Father Barnabas, I believe it is time we mobilized. It is time that we address the modern world. The nations of this world are full of anger and strife. We should do something about it. I believe it is time we sent apostles to those nations who are willing to allow us to engage them in conversation."

"Absolutely Your Holiness. I shall draft a statement immediately for your approval."

To the nations of the world:

Grace and peace be unto you always, may wisdom and truth be ever present, and may He who has Created us show favor upon your good works.

For almost eleven years I have shepherded and guided the Church of Bithunia, yet with few exceptions, I believe that we have failed the world at large. We as followers of St. Thaddeus have kept to ourselves, and have not entered into many conversations with the outside world regarding our Faith and beliefs. It is my duty to not only protect those who look to me for spiritual guidance and direction, but also to engage in dialogue with those who do not adhere to the basic tenets of Thaddeism.

I believe that by neglecting to engage in such conversations, I have committed a grave disservice. It is therefore of utmost importance that I remedy such a grave error. Thus, I am dispatching ambassadors of the Church to every nation. If your government chooses to not allow us in, we understand. However we would greatly appreciate the chance to build a relationship with every nation, even those hostile to our beliefs.

Grace and Peace,

His Holiness Ioannis IX,
Patriarch of the Church of Bithunia,
Steward of the Throne of St. Thaddeus
Last edited by Bithunia on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Delanshar
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Delanshar » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Tag
Map: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8805/delansharinlucerna14.jpg
Factbook: http://iiwiki.wikkii.net/wiki/Delanshar
USA, Israel, Nationalism, Self-Determination, Gay Rights
The EU, Anarchism, Globalism, Primitivism

Groko
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Groko » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Cotonou,
Union of South West African States (USWAS)

The Union of South West African States, USWAS for short, Uniciwa to the locals. A burgeoning nation of over a hundred and sixty-five million people. The Union, refounded in 1992 from the death of the former West African Empire, was growing exponentially. By 2008 it was already established as a major exporter of raw materials, quality manufactured goods, and also enjoyed a reasonable presence in several of the world's agricultural industries.

The people of Cotonou, going about their daily lives in the warm 82 degree weather, were far from carefree, yet while many were annoyed at the idea of spending the beautiful day inside working or running errands, they were content. The Union, productive behind the mixed socialist and capitalist values promoted by the crown, was recovering from a deep recession. Unemployment was dropping, the Union was at peace, and domestically everything seemed fine.

Governor-Emperor's Office

Governor-Emperor Ime Ihejirika, arguably the most powerful man in West Africa, rubbed his belly ruefully. He was gaining weight, a terrible sign of his old age. At fifty-six, he was also far from the image of youth. Fortunately, he'd been able to maintain a strict training regiment over the past thirty years, a habit he'd picked up from his days in the military. In a rough spot, the Governor-Emperor could certainly defend himself.

The Shogunate is having that wedding too. he remembered suddenly. It's been years since I sent anyone that far east.

He looked up at a digitized map of the world resting on the wall opposite of his desk.

"Eastern Asia" he said, pushing down a silver button in his desk.

The map screen scrolled, coming to rest with a political map showing the boundaries and territories of the East Asian nations.

This prosperity won't hold for long.

The Governor-Emperor sighed softly, looking at the map. The Union was reaching its economic limits. Over 75% of the Union's trade was conducted regionally, and, as that last recession had shown, regional markets weren't always stable.

The people were happy, for now, but he couldn't wait for them not to be before acting. The USWAS had to expand its trade markets, or run the risk of serious economic failure.

Diversification, the Governor-Emperor thought to himself. And what better place to start that then at a wedding?

Official Communique From The Desk of Governor-Emperor Ime Ihejirika

TO: Whomever this may concern, Shogunate Foreign Affairs
FROM: Governor-Emperor Ime Ihejirika, Union Office of The Governor-Emperor

We would be more then honored to dispatch a representative to represent the Union of South West African States at your millennium celebration. In fact, we would also like to establish formal relations with the Shogunate. In the upcoming years our nations will be tested time and time again by life, we ask you to consider us as possible friends, like your brethren across the seas.

I look forward to establishing relations,

~ Signed,

Ime Ihejirika,
Governor-Emperor and Chosen Leader of the Union of South West African States

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:42 am

Dhurage- Aeknou:

Trade has brought much wealth to the port of Dhurage, the Kingdom of Aeknou's capital. Dollars are brought in by he hour, ships deploying goods and leaving to return for more. Through this, Dhurage could possibly the world's largest economic center. This however, has not been proven yet. In addition, Aeknou officials decided to create ties with other Asian countries by establishing the AAS(Association of Asian Sates) to maintain peace and promote unity. Any nation willing to join must go to the AAS office in Dhurage.

Austrot
Attaché

Founded: Jan 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Austrot » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:50 am

Last edited by Austrot on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Thamesis Imperial Palace
Londinium, Britannia
Holy Empire of Albion

The sun was high in the sky over the city of Londinium, capital of the greatest and youngest empire that the world had ever seen. The Empire, which grown from an obscure kingdom to a world power, had territories in Asia and Columbias and had a powerful navy to back up the defenses of these far-flung territories. Ever since the Empress Euphemia embarked on the In Secundo Sancti Peregrinus, the Empire had enlarged to make room for its burgeoning population. Britannia and Hibernia both contained at least half of the empire's population, and resources were being used up too fast. With that, the foundations of Nova Londinium, Nova Albion, Colona, Roanokia, and Alkonqia had been necessary for the empire to maintain her power and independence. Particulary the latter.

The power of Regnum Hubaedallum and scores of other countries on the Continent had been pervasive in keeping Albion ambitions and designs in check. In North Columbia, while opposition seemed smaller than Asia and the Continent, Reipublicae Texas and the far western Reipublicae Lumiere were problems to be delt with latter. The small countries that existed between the provinces of Alkonqia and Roanokia were of no issue, and past emperors and empresses had been tolerant of these small countries so long they posed no threat to the third and fourth most important provinces in the empire. In Asia, Albion held a small, but important metropolis called Nova Londinium, the result of early island colonization and isolationist policies. The closest opponents were the barbarians that ruled over the island of Sumatra and Malaeorum Paeninsulae. Nova Londinium was the only Albion outpost in Asia, and as such the Empire had fortified it with several high-class military bases. Attacking such a city would be disasterous for any army that attempted to get past 2 major fleets and the VII Legion.

Although Albion was protected, it could not isolated itself from international affairs, and the Empire was most keen on remaining neutral in the situations that arose between the major countries of the world. Interested only in trade and territorial conquest, Albion could be classified as an imperialist nation. Not that it mattered to the imperial government in Londinium. So when a letter came in from Regnum-Shogunate de Xiguo, the Emperor surprised the imperial court by announcing that he had an interest in marrying the aforementioned princess.

"Your Majesty," said Julius Campania-Ferraro, Duke of Eboracensis," This cannot be! An Albion marrying a foreigner, much less the princess of one of the largest barbarian kingdoms on Terra!"

Emperor Raphael grinned at his uncle.

"Yes uncle," he replied," I say it is time that we start coming out of our isolated position. Albion cannot simply be the Hermit Warrior of the world for much longer. Terra is getting smaller everyday, and people across many parts of the world are becoming connect. We can no longer rely on our isolation to keep the rest of the world far away from us."

There was a slightly awkward silence as he finished, and all eyes turned to the doors to the throne room as they opened to reveal the Empress Dowager Christina II. The dowager empress had a look of amusement upon her face and it radiated warmth.

"As much as I want a daughter-in-law, Raphael," she said as she strode forward," Aren't you a little too young for the Princess of Xiguo? You're 16 and she is 19, three years older than you are. Why can't we find someone younger, perhaps your age? Besides, why are you so keen on getting married?"

There was some snickering from the crowd of nobles that usually milled out in the throne room, only to be stifled as Christina threw her death stare at them. Raphael's face turned red in embarresment.

"Yes, mother," he replied with a flat voice," I'm sure you had my best interests in mind."

"Of course, dear," she replied tactly," But as a courtesy, why don't we send the Shogunate a message that we will be attending the marriage ceremony should it come."

With that, she turned around and left the room. As soon as the doors closed behind her, the nobles broke out in genuine laughter. Raphael could only stand there in embarressent until they got settled.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty," Julius heeved out as he tried rather unsucessfully to calm himslef,"But Her Imperial Holiness has an ability to make even the most pressing of concerns a joke. I must apologize for my rudness, my nephew."

"Apology accepted, Your Excellency," the emperor replied sarcastically.

Sender: The Holy Empire of Albion, Ministerium Internationalis Negotiis, Office of Minister Ferrous de Dissidarium
Receiver: The Shogunate of Xiguo, Governor-Emperor Ime Ihejirika, Union Office of The Governor-Emperor
Subject: Salutations from Albion

Dear Honorable Sir,
I, on behalf of His Majesty Emperor Raphael vi Romanaga, 75th Emperor of the Holy Empire of Albion, send this message as a letter of salutations and well wishes. His Majesty wishes Empress Naoko and Taishogun Takashi to find a suitable suitor to sit beside the honorable Empress and hopes for a fruitful union afterword. In addition, the Holy Empire of Albion will be in attendanace shoudl there be a public marriage ceremony.

In the present time, the Holy Empire ould like to convay its interest in trading with the Shogunate of Xiguo. Trade would be mutually beneficial for both our empires and it would do well to begin a friendly relationship between our nations. I hope that Your Excellency can reply to this message as soon as possible.
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

Groko
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Groko » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Union of South West African States (USWAS),
Cotonou, Palace de la Nation

The Governor-Emperor stood on the south wing balcony of the main building, looking out into the sea and nearby harbor. He breathed deeply as the soft sea breeze passed over him, listening to the sound of the crashing waves below.

So peaceful, thought to himself, looking out over the white banister. Some local children were playing soccer below, upon seeing him, they turned and waved.

Such intrusions, if one could call them that, were quite normal. Security guards did roam the compound, but the Union had been at peace for decades, and had no real enemies to speak of. As a result, security was quite lax. Other then a security check at the entrances, most people were allowed entry into the compound unhindered. In olden times, when the population was smaller, the Governor-Emperor had also granted an audience to those who requested it. Now one had to petition to see him directly, and they were often refused unless it was of grave importance. Children, however, were an entirely different case.

He smiled, waving back.

"Shouldn't you all be in school?" he called down to them, now curious.

"We got out early, parent-teacher conferences!" One called back.

He nodded, looking out into the harbor once more. A freighter had appeared in the distance, of foreign make by the look of it.

Back to work, he thought.

---

Governor-Emperor's Office

A freighter horn sounded in the distance, a reminder of the building urgency of his mission. The Governor-Emperor had taken the first step, and the Foreign Affairs Ministry was now preparing to send there first delegate outside of Africa in a fifty years.

In addition to the Wedding, he realized, I wonder if...

He stopped, noticing for the first time a newspaper on his desk. I forgot to read the paper for today. He realized with a start, immediately picking up the paper and beginning to read.

He reached for a pen on his desk, taking notes on articles he found interesting or that could be important later. To his surprise, he noticed the international news section was larger then usual. Economic treaties, possible alliances, it seemed the whole world had come to life.

He reached for his desk phone, dialing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

"Good day to you," he began. "Can you transfer me to the Minister's Office? It's Ihejirika."

"My old friend," he began once the line was connected. "I know your busy preparing for the Shogunate's wedding, but I need you to get a team together to make me a brief rapsheet for all the major and regional powers in the area."

"How soon? The next six hours if possible. I'd like to call a meeting of the General Council."

Delanshar
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Delanshar » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Sochi, Capital of the People's United Russian Republic (PURR)

It was dusk in the large metropolis of Sochi. Ever since the civil war, the formerly quiet Black Sea city had been growing at breakneck speed. The population had gone from 80,000 in 1900 to 12,300,000 in 2012. Everywhere one looked, grey high-rises stretched off to the horizon. Along the main boulevards were massive campaign posters with the steely face of the strongman President, Aleksandr Gregorovich Kornilov. "Glory to the Fatherland" blared one. "Russia's victory is eternal" read another.

Presidential elections had just occurred in the Republic, and as per his previous strong showings in 2008, and 2004, Kornilov won in a landslide with 103.5% of the vote. It was reported in the government-owned newspapers, that crowds numbering in the hundreds of thousands had rallied in favor of the president, both before and after the election. The opposition had attempted to sabotage the rallies, but they had little success and the police had promptly thrown them in prison.
Map: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8805/delansharinlucerna14.jpg
Factbook: http://iiwiki.wikkii.net/wiki/Delanshar
USA, Israel, Nationalism, Self-Determination, Gay Rights
The EU, Anarchism, Globalism, Primitivism

Vitius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Official Announcement
Royal Office of The Taishogun of The Shogunate of Xiguo

His Royal Taishogun Takashi would like to note that all applications from suitors interested in developing a relationship, thus leading to a marriage with Empress Naoko, are currently under review. It is with the upmost respect that we must deny the application of President Alfons W. Klerk of the Republic of Sumatra. While the credentials and wisdom of President Klerk are more than fit for royalty, the age difference between Empress Naoko and President Klerk is too great to overcome. The Shogunate of Xiguo greatly appreciates the interest of Sumatra and President Klerk and we hope that no hostile feelings are felt as a result of the outcome displayed in this announcement.

TO: The Holy Empire of Albion, Ministerium Internationalis Negotiis, Office of Minister Ferrous de Dissidarium
ADDRESSED FROM: The Shogunate of Xiguo, The Office of Prime Minister Tarou Osamu
SUBJECT: Trade

Minister Ferrous de Dissidarium,

The Shogunate of Xiguo would be very interested in creating a trade-deal with The Holy Empire of Albion. Xiguo has long been intrigued by Albion's city of Nova Londinium for a great deal of time; as the Shogunate increasingly is searching to open its doors to more trade, the National Parliament of Xiguo and myself have discussed possibly creating a free-trade act and forming open borders with Albion's Asian metropolis. Provided that any correspondence between our two nations progress well enough, the Shogunate may hold a great future with Albion.

Warm Regards,

Prime Minister Tarou Osamu of the Shogunate of Xiguo

TO: Governor-Emperor Ime Ihejirika, Union Office of The Governor-Emperor
ADDRESSED FROM: The Shogunate of Xiguo, The Office of Prime Minister Tarou Osamu
SUBJECT: Formal Relations

Governer-Emperor Ime Ihejirika,

We appreciate your friendly message to The Shogunate of Xiguo.

It has come to my attention that the diplomatic mission in The Union of South-West African States has been rather lacking. With your permission, I would like to establish an embassy located in your capital city of Cotonou, as well as five consulates to be distributed throughout the Union. The Shogunate also invites the USWAS to establish its own diplomatic cause in Xiguo. Formal communication is the first step to building strong relations with a foreign nation; with the ideas brought forth today, our two states may prosper and form a powerful and efficient friendship.

Warm Regards,

Prime Minister Tarou Osamu of The Shogunate of Xiguo

TO: Whomever it may concern of The Independent Fiefs of Sichuan, The Kingdom of Aeknou, The Daimonike Pambasileia, other nations of the Pacific
SUBJECT: Asian Alliance

To whom it may concern,

It is clear that a wave of prosperity has swept over the proud region that our regions inhabit. However, as new powers emerge across the world, the prosperity we have held so dearly may all soon be lost. In the interest of protecting the economies and the security of Asia, the Shogunate of Xiguo proposes the creation of The Economic and Security Council of The Pacific, otherwise known as ESCP. ESCP would involve equal participation from various regional-Pacific states; as our reaches of diplomacy extend beyond our own borders, we may warmly welcome new nations into the halls of our organization.

It is intentional that the goals, priorities, mission and responsibilities of ESCP remain clouded, for new threats and problems occur every dawn. However, one statement does remain clear. The Economic and Security Council of The Pacific will remain entirely and completely beneficial to its members. At a future date, possibly near the wedding ceremony of our Empress Naoko, we may address further issues and concerns with the Council. The Shogunate of Xiguo and I hope that the Council is a priority for the respected leaders of the Pacific region. With cooperation, what we may accomplish in the future is unbound.

With Peace,

Prime Minister Tarou Osamu of The Shogunate of Xiguo
Last edited by Vitius on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bambi Praxis wrote:
4years wrote:Hitler was worse, but I hate stalin more.

Maintain the rage! Spell the bastard's name without a capital letter, that will settle the score!
Proud Reform Jew

Sabara
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Official Communique of Sichuan
四川獨立的領地

Concerning: The Shogunate of Xiguo
Addressed from: The Independent Fiefs of Sichuan, Minister's Office Chengdu P.O Box 239
Subject: Pacific Alliance

As Asian Nations we need a symbol to unite under, and the ESCP is a very good desicion. An Alliance would bring us all Wealth, and economic mile stones could be acheived. If you like, we could even stage a conference in the cities of Chengdu, Chongqing, Hong Kong, and Taipei. It would be an honor for the Sichuanese to host such meetings.

Also, concerning the border, we could construct a railroad from Chengdu to Nagoya, eventually connecting our nations in infrastucture. However, that would internally binding us from attacking each other. Please, consider the idea.

和平地

Prime Minister Siuming Liu
Last edited by Sabara on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Sender: The Holy Empire of Albion, Ministerium Internationalis Negotiis, Office of Minister Ferrous de Dissidarium
Receiver: The Shogunate of Xiguo, The Office of Prime Minister Tarou Osamu
Subject: Trade Negotiations

Dear Honorable Sir,
The Imperial City of Nova Londinium, located on the island of Nova Britannia (RL Java), is the easternmost outpost of the Holy Empire of Albion. It is mainly an export-oriented city, selling tropical wares and specializing in the sale of basic raw materials such wood, petroleum, and sugar among many others. In keeping with imperial economic policy, trade with Nova Londinium is restricted to registered companies and nations with recognized trade agreements with the imperial government. Nova Londinium’s main importance is its strategic geographical placement as the other main chokepoint and entrepot between East/Southeast Asia and sea routes heading west to the ports of the Atlanticum Oceanum.
The Ministry of Economics would be more than happy open the port of Nova Londinium to ships bearing the registry of Xiguo. Flights between Xiguo and Nova Londinium Intl’ Airport would also be opened. Bearing this in mind, the Ministry of Economics requests if trade could be open to Albion ships headed toward Xiguo ports of call. Mutual trade can be worked out, as imperial economic interests in Asia continue to expand.
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:27 pm

The Holy City of Irketaoh
With and Through and In Irket

Sent From: The Most High Overseer of the Holy City of Irketaoh, Naloceezsas Aliroc
Assigned To: The Theocracies & Nationally Religious States of the World
Concerning: Religious & Political Conference

It is with a open and loving heart that I, Most High Overseer of the Holy City of Irketoh, Naloceezsas Aliroc, send this message to the above mentioned nations and states of the world.
I, as the highest religious and political authority in the Holy City of Irketaoh, would like to invite all nations that consider themselves close with religion, in the form of taking a theocratic government or having a national religion, to the Holy City for a religious and political conference.
Topics at this conference shall include, but are not limited to, interfaith relations, economic interests, international support for the disenfranchised and oppressed, and the use of faith in politics.
If you are interested in sending a representative to the conference, please, send a message to either myself, or the Foreign Office of the Holy City.
May the flames of Irket protect all the creatures of the world,
N. Aliroc,
Most High Overseer

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents