NATION

PASSWORD

Something That Endures (Ceaden)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Something That Endures (Ceaden)

Postby Achesia » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:55 pm

King’s Hall, Citadel, Fawnnorth, Kingdom of Achesia

It was a cold foggy day over Fawnnorth. The white tops cluttered the ocean like leafs on a tree, fishermen sat at their homes betting away their last catch as they could not sail due to the foggy and coming storms. It was a typical Decus day in the capital of the Kingdom of Achesia, the cold winds coming off the ocean could pierce through a man. As most stayed inside on this dreary day the streets of the city were not nearly as busy. The market had closed early due to the incoming storm and city guards manning the walls had already dawned their rain ponchos preemptive action. The Citadel was quiet as most of the yard work had been finished that morning and the servant shad all but left the grounds prepared for the daily storms that have been drenching the city this rainy season.

Inside the court was on break during their noon meal, the King, Lennard Daevus sat at his throne eat a leg of turkey when a messenger arrived wet from the rain that had begun. The messenger wore the sigil of the gull and moon, symbol of the House of Grayhand and the Marques of the North March. Putting down his breast, taking a sip of wine, and wiping his mouth the King recognized the messenger as the man took a knee before his King.
“What news from Grayhand?”

“My liege, the Marques sends his regards and wishes to appraise you of recent troubles happening along the northern border.”

“What troubles our borders good man?” The King stood on his feet and walked forward. The rest of the Hall became silent as the court listened to the news.

“It seems raiders have been making attacks on villages and farms that line the boarder; they say they are tribesmen from tribes in the Wild Lands. They have pillage and plundered lands and made off with horses, crops, women, children, and gold. The Marques requests you send more men to patrol the border as to prevent this from happening again milord.”

The King stood a moment in contemplation. This was one of the first situations of this type he would have to deal with as King. Many of his troops were engaged in keeping his own lands secure as the Kingdom was newly formed. He would however have to act strong in this to show his people the strength of their King.
“I’ll do him one better than that. Please, eat drink, you have done well. When you are rested return to your master and tell him that the King will handle this situation.” The King patted the man on the shoulder and bid him to eat from his court’s table. “Summon Frater Paris Odysseus to me at once. I summon my council to the council chamber immediately.” The King ordered as his men obliged.

It took only a day for the rider from Fawnnorth to reach Castle Fourthand, the home of the I Battalion of the King’s Royal Army. There Paris Odysseus, Frater of the Achari Cultus and Rector of the I Battalion could be found drill his soldiers and commanding the protection of the northern border. Upon receiving the messenger he moved with all hast to his Wyvern, mounting it and flying to Fawnnorth which took only a few hours. He arrived in the early evening of that day, perching his winged’ mount on the battlements of the citadel. Many of the servants and guards awed at his ferocious mount that made strange high-pitched snarls as its master left it on the battlements. They had never seen a Wyvern of Pactguard before and it was something of a spectacle in Fawnnorth.

Paris Odysseus arrived in the King’s hall soon after and took a knee before the throne. “My King, you have summoned me.”

“Yes, I have heard of the troubles of the north, the raiders pillaging their way through my lands.”

“Yes my lord, they move swift to plunder and retreat. My men have only managed to kill few of them.”

“Very well Rector, in action against these barbarians with the blessings of my council I order you to take my Standard Battalion and a few of my court Knights both Koud and Daevus north through the Wild lands and claim it in the name of the realm.” The King’s order came with a momentous applause by his court which consisted of Lord’s Ladies, and other assorted nobles.

“Vestri mos est meus to order” Odysseus responded in the ancient tongue of the Achari Cultus. It literally meant: “Your will is my command.”

Commander Odysseus needed no more bidding. With the King’s sealed order in hand he mounted his beast and flew with all haste to his Castle in the North. There he ordered his captains to rally his men for march, they would leave at morning to meet the King’s court Knights at the border. Then they would cross into the Wild Lands to claim it for their King.

Men rushed back and forth to prepare themselves for the march. Sharpening swords, spears, and other assorted blades, fixing chainmail and saddling horses. It would be a rough journey with no guarantees at the end but that was the life of a King’s soldier, and in the King’s Standard I Battalion they held themselves with great pride to carry the King’s banner to foreign lands.

Captains also went out to the nearby villages to rally the militia for march, this two hundred man forces was important supplement to the ranks of the Battalion.

Morning finally came and they marched. Odysseus upon his Wyvern watched from the battlements as his soldiers marched two by two down the road. He would patrol the skies above his force as they moved forward, his, the commander’s eyes would see everything on the battlefield from his wings in the sky. His Wyvern gave a screech as they neared the frontier outpost where the court Knights were waiting. Three Daevus Knights from the King’s own Presidium, and three Koud Knights from Judgestone awaited them. Before Odysseus swooped in on his mount they were making the usually jests and bickering at each other over simple house rivalries. That ended as the Wyvern swooped in and Odysseus met them face to face, his under a helmet which was shaped as a dragon.
“Rector Odysseus.” The knights acknowledged him with a bow of their heads.

“Sir’s, we march north. It would be an honor for you to take head of my column.”

“The honor’s is ours good Rector.”

With that Odysseus flew off to circle his forces on the march. The Knights looked at each other and bickered about whether Koud or Daevus would take the head of the column. It was finally decided they would ride two abreast, side by side Koud and Daevus. Thus they crossed the border into the Wild Lands, banners held high in the name of the King. (Force -> Move across northern border.)

Action Summery

Forces (I Battalion) -> Move Across Northern Border

ORBAT of Forces in Use

Action: Moving North into the Wild Lands.
Purpose: Annexing Northern Plot of Land

The King's Standard I Battalion- Conflict in the Wild Lands
100x Achesian Men-at-Arms Swordsmen (STR 400, PAY 10,000, VAL 20,000)
100x Achesian Men-at-Arms Spearmen (STR 400, PAY 10,000, VAL 20,000)
200x Achesian Peasant Milita (STR 500, PAY 20,000, VAL 40,000)
50x Achesian Archers (STR 150, PAY 5,000, VAL 10,000)
20x Achesian Crossbowmen (STR 120, PAY 4,000, VAL 8,000)
10x Achesian Light Cavalry (STR 132, PAY 7,200, VAL 14,400)
15x Achesian Horse Archer (STR 82.5, PAY 6,500, VAL 13,000)
4x Achari Cultus Praeter (MAG 40, PAY 2400, VAL 4800)
1x Achari Cultus Rector (Paris Odysseus) (STR 22, PAY 2700, VAL 7800)

Court Knights of the King
3x Achesian Daevus Knights
3x Achesian Koud Knights

**Edited to include loss of 15x Light Cav, 2x Squires
Last edited by Achesia on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ceaden
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceaden » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Moderation

Results of Action:

Forces (I Battalion) -> Move Across Northern Border: Succesful

Situation:

Map of the Wild Lands

Population: 3,000

As you can see in the map above the land you are claiming is predominantly characterized by a ocean to the west and a mountain range down the center with rolling hills and flatland to either side. The circles on the map indicate points of interests (Settlements, brigand camps, population areas, etc). These points are points that have to be controlled (One way or another) for your expansion to be successful. The population of this land may or may not resist you depending on your actions and how they feel about your realm. They may be a poor land that has been unclaimed and wild since before recorded history however they have some arms. An ORBAT of their capabilities in unknown to you as this part of the world is unknown.

By my understand of your post your forces are north of the boarder just north of your northernmost outpost. If I am Incorrect please let me know. Otherwise that's where you stand.

You may proceed how you feel. Move your forces towards one of the points of interests and take what action you deem necessary and then await the results of the action.

Good Luck
Last edited by Ceaden on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Administration for the Ceaden PT Fantasy World

Achesia Not any more! At least for now.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:11 pm

South of the Southern Most Point of Interest.

Resting his Wyvern atop a hill Odysseus smelt the air around him. He watched his forces continue to march forward beside him on the plains as he counseled with the Knights and his Praetors. The marching beats of the war drum rapped along with the sound of the soldiers digging their heals into the ground lock and step. Horses neighed, men chanted, and spears clanked against each other.

“Rector, our scouts have spotted a small village to the north of here.” One of the Praetors chimed in. (Scouts -> Recon Point of interest)

“Move our forces to encircle the village. Do not attack until I give order. Under banner of truce give the village ultimatum to surrender and pledge allegiance to the King or be killed by his sword.” ( Forces -> Demand Point of Interest to surrender)

“Yes Rector.” The Praetor dressed in his robes walked off to give the order to the rest of the troops who were moving into position.

Odysseus yanked on the reigns of his beast as its head seemed to snake from side to side. The Knights took pause as they watched the Royal Army pass by them.

“It is a sight to see, our army. It shakes the very ground.” One of the Koud Knights named Goronwy stated. He was a older man who had seen many years in the service of his Abbas. He was covered in his plate armor and fur coats to shield the winter from him. While it did not snow in the lowlands in this part of the world it did get sharply cold as the humidity from the ocean made it feel icier than it was.

They watched as one of the Achesian Light cavalry moved to give the ultimatum to the village. Hopefully they would have the good sense to surrender and not put up a fight which would cost them their lives.

Action Summery:
(Scouts -> Recon Point of interest)
( Forces -> Demand Point of Interest to surrender)

Ceaden
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceaden » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Moderation

Results of Action:

(Scouts -> Recon Point of interest):

We will base the success of this action on a random number generator 1-6:

1: Unsuccessful
2: Unsuccessful
3: Unsuccessful
4: Successful
5: Successful
6: Successful

Number Generated: 3, Action is Unsuccessful

(Forces -> Demand Point of Interest to surrender):

We will base this demand of your Rector for the Village to Surrender to you and thus you taking this objective on a random number generator. We will look at the factors first.

Factors
(Pros)
- You have a large force compared to the village.
- The townsfolk wish for law to come to their land.
(Cons)
- They have been independent thus far and may wish to stay that way.
- The townsfolk may want you but their village leader may not.

Your realm doesn't have much reputation as it is newly formed, so this does not factor either way.

So thus since I can come up with no other factors it is split 50/50 so:

2: Unsuccessful
3: Unsuccessful
4: Successful
5: Successful
6: Successful

Number Generated: 2, Action is Unsuccessful

God Bless their souls. Seems they said "Nut's" to your proposal.

Carry on,

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:33 pm

The Achesian rider returned with all haste down the small dirt path that leads from the village. He dropped his white flag of truce in the field as he rode towards the Acheisan lines, drawing his sword in preparation for their assault.

“So they refuse. “ Goronwy said aloud as he trotted his horse alongside the large Wyvern.

“My lord Rector, what shall be our course of action.” Another night questioned as they watched from afar as the villagers armed themselves with poorly fashioned spears with iron tips that were uneven and misshaped. Men screamed for their wives to get inside as they prepared to defend their village against the onslaught of Acheisan troops.

“Let us send a message to them, that resistance is not an option against the King’s Royal Army. Archers to the center.” The Rector raised his hand to a Man at arms that held a banner with the outline of a bow and arrow stitched into it.

“Archers!” Their captain called as 50 Achesian Archers stepped forward and notched an arrow to their string. They noted their target of the village some hundred yards in front of them and the breeze out of the west. Drawing their arrow back to their chin they awaited command.

“Loose!” And fifty arrows flew through the sky towards the village. They buzzed like hornets in a swarm. (50x Achesian Archers (Bow) STR 150-> Enemy in Village)

Next they crossbowmen stepped forward to prepare their volley. They had a longer process of preparing their bolt as they attached it to the string of their crossbows and winded the mechanism back. Once they were prepared they shouldered the heavy weapon and waited for the order.

“Loose!” The twenty bolts shot out of the crossbows and towards the village at their unsuspecting targets. (20x Achesian Crossbowmen (Crossbow) STR 137.5 -> Enemy in Village)

As the crossbowmen stepped back into the lines as fifteen horse archers trotted forward to prepare their volley.

A similar process as the archers continued for their horseback brothers as they prepared to fire on the village.
“Loose!” Fifteen more arrows were added to the swarm above as they waited further orders. (15x Horse Archers (Bows) STR 82.5 -> Enemy in Village)

“Sir Goronwy.” Rector Odysseus averted his eyes from the mass of arrows raining down on the village to address one of the knights.

“Lord Rector.”

“Take your knights and my cavalry and prepare to ride them down on my order.”

“Me liege.” The Knight nodded his head and donned his helm. We waved his hand to the other Knights to follow and joined the column of twenty five light cavalry already moving into position to flank the village. They would wait for the barrage of arrows to hit their marks before charging in. Gathering in a line Sir Goronwy organized the troop and prepared for the charge. (6x Knights and 25x Light Cav -> Move to flank village)

Action Summary:

(50x Achesian Archers (Bow) STR 150-> Enemy in Village)
(20x Achesian Crossbowmen (Crossbow) STR 137.5 -> Enemy in Village)
(15x Horse Archers (Bows) STR 82.5 -> Enemy in Village)
(6x Knights and 25x Light Cav -> Move to flank village)

Ceaden
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceaden » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Moderation

Results of Actions:

50x Achesian Archers (Bow) STR 150-> Enemy in Village)

Since the archers are firing blindly I have chosen the targets and given them a random number. They will hit one of these targets:

Roll 1: 10 Selllsword Swordsmen
Roll 2: 5 Sellsword Archers
Roll 3: 100 Peasent Rebels
Roll 4: 313 Civilians

Number Rolled: 3 Peasant Rebels are being attacked

1: No Damage
2: No Damage
3: 10% Damage
4: 50% Damage
5: 70% Damage
6: Max Damage

Attacker Rolled: 5
Attacker Loss: 0
Defender Loss: 105 STR (35 Peasant Milita), 65 Peasant Milita (195 STR) Remaining.

Here are the stats for the enemy units above. (Civilians will simply have an STR of 1.)

SellSword of the Wild Lands (Archer or Swordsmen) (Human)
Description: A warrior for hire. Usualy protecting farms or villages that have the money to do so.
EQU: Iron Sword (+1STR, -5SPE) or Wooden Bow (+1STR, -5SPE), Wooden Shield (+1 STR, -15 SPE)
SPE: 80 miles a day
VAL: 200 credits
PAY: 100 credit
STR: 3
Resources needed: 1x Iron or 2x Wood, 2x Wood

Peasent Rebel
Description: Peasents not happy with you.
EQU: Iron Spear (+1 STR, -5 SPE), Wooden Shield (+1 STR, -15 SPE)
SPE: 95 miles a day
VAL: 200 credits
PAY: 100 credit
STR: 3
Resources needed: 2x Wood, 1x Iron

(20x Achesian Crossbowmen (Crossbow) STR 137.5 -> Enemy in Village)

Number Rolled to See who was Hit: 3 Peasant Militia
Attacker Rolled: 6
Defender Loss: 137.5 STR (46 Men), 19 men (57 STR Remaining)

(15x Horse Archers (Bows) STR 82.5 -> Enemy in Village)

Number Rolled to See who was Hit: 2 Sellsword Archers
Attacker Rolled: 1 Miss
Defender Loss: 0

(6x Knights and 25x Light Cav -> Move to flank village): Successful

Note: When you kill someone either unit or civilian it decreases the amount of population in the territory you are claiming. Thus if you kill many you will not be gaining many subjects afterwards.

Continue,

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Rector Odysseus watched the arrows cut into the enemy ranks in the village below him. Their numbers were not dwindled to not even 40, easy enough to finish off with light cavalry.

“Give them the order to charge.” The rector commanded his trumpet men. With the loud echoing calls of the trumpet in rehearsed cavalry song the order was given. Just bellow them the Knights and Light Cavalry prepared their horses to charge into the village.

Sir Goronwy raised his Steel Flameburge and kicked his horse making it rear its front hooves in the air.

"Charge!" He cried as another kick to his horse send it into a gallop.

The rest of the Knights and cavalry repeated in turn and the line thundered towards the village. Pointing his sword forward he took one of the sell swords in his sights and prepared to drive his blade through him. The large sword’s blade was shaped like a flame that moved up and down with edges to sharp to touch. The Koud and Daevus Knights followed Sir Goronwy down towards the steel swords as the light cavalry and their captain prepared the charge on the militia. Men on both sides of the line prepared for a large crash of spear and sword as the cavalry rode down the main village road. Echoing battlecries from both sides rose as the horses plunged into the line of enemies. (3x Koud Knights STR 39 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> 10 Selllsword Swordsmen), (3x Daevus Knights STR 54 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Sellsword Swordsmen), (25x Achesian Light Cav STR 137.5 (Swords, Mounted) -> Peasant Militia)

The Rector mounted atop his beast watched as the lines crashed together. It would soon be over. Looking over to his host which stood waiting for orders he contemplated their next step. He could move with his host north west to the coast, or north east to the mountains to take the next few steps towards securing the countryside. It was no matter as his host was to numerous for the peasants of this land to hold back. It would be unfortunate however if too much of the population of this land died as if would only disappoint the King that he would not gain many more subjects.

Action Summery:
(3x Koud Knights STR 39 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Selllsword Swordsmen)
(3x Daevus Knights STR 54 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Sellsword Swordsmen)
(25x Achesian Light Cav STR 137.5 (Swords, Mounted) -> Peasant Militia)
Last edited by Achesia on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceaden
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceaden » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Moderation

Results of Actions:

(3x Koud Knights STR 39 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Selllsword Swordsmen)

Attacker Rolled: 3 (10% Damage, x2 due to mounted charge)
Defender Rolled: 1 (No Damage)
Defender Loss: -7.8 STR (2 Men), 22.2 STR Remaining (8 Men)

(3x Daevus Knights STR 54 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Sellsword Swordsmen)

Attacker Rolled: 3 (10% Damage, x2 due to mounted charge)
Defender Rolled: 6 (Max Damage)
Defender Loss: -10.8 STR (3 Men), 11.4 STR Remaining (5 men)
Attacker Loss: -11.4 STR (0 men, Ones injured pretty bad though), 42.6 STR Remaining (3 men)

(25x Achesian Light Cav STR 137.5 (Swords, Mounted) -> Peasant Militia)

Attacker Rolled: 5 (70% Damage, no x2 bonus for charge due to spears.)
Defender Rolled: Destroyed
Defender Loss: 96.25 STR (19 men), 0 STR Remaining (Unit Destroyed)

Enemy Actions

The Sellsword Swordsmen still engaged with your Knights continue to fight with them so:

(5x Sellsword Swordsmen 15 STR (Sword)-> 3x Daevus Knights)

Attacker Rolled: 1 (No Damage)
Defender Rolled: 2 (No Damage)

At this close range the archers are able to pick out your Light Cav since they have finished off the peasant rebels, therefor no risk of hitting their own men:

(5x Sellsword Archers 15 STR (Bow)-> 25x Achesian Light Cav)

Attacker Rolled: 4 (50% Damage)
Defender Rolled: Ranged Attack
Defender Loss: 7.5 STR (1 Man), 130 STR Remaining (24 Men)
Attacker Loss: Ranged Attack

You may continue,

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:53 pm

The sounds of war echoed throughout the lowlands as the Knights and Cavalry cut down their enemies. The six knights were fighting valiantly on their horses all with Long Swords or flamberges or their houses in hand. The colors of Green and Yellow seemed to blur everywhere around the sell swordsmen representing the houses of Daevus and Koud. Blood curdling screams rang out as the light cavalry crashed into the peasants. The lowly commoners of the wild lands’ crude spears were no match for Acheisan hose and iron. Blood was spilled into the dirt as the Light Cav decimated the peasants one by one until their bodies decorated the ground.

The Knights however only had limited success as they killed five of the sell swords. They proved to be more skilled than their peasant counterparts as they even wounded Sir Deasún, a Daevus Knight as he took a slash to the leg just as he was raising his long sword to strike at his foe. It did not stop him as he continued his violent cut down splitting the man in two.

As the Light Cavalry regrouped after their charge they were caught by surprise as arrows began to fly around them. One man was stuck dead, clear off his horse, while another only took and arrow to his shoulder. The Sellsword Archers had set up not far down the village road from them preparing to make another volley.
“Rally to me!” The Captain of the Light Cavalry called raising his sword. “Charge!” He jolted his stirrups as he and his 24 remaining cavalrymen charged down the archers who prepared to fire upon them. (24x Acheisan Light Cav STR 132 (Sword) -> Sellsword Archers)

While the Knights continued to fight, hacking and slashing and the swordsmen who just wouldn’t die, Sir Goronwy called out the battle cry of his house, the Kouds. “Wrangle the Stag!” His voice boomed over the screams and calls of the swordsmen. Soon the Daevus Knights shamed that a Koud would be the first to call out a cry echoed with the battle cry of their house: “Pugna ut Terminus of Cruor!” (Fight to the End of Blood) And thus the fight continued on. (3x Koud Knights STR 39 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> 10 Selllsword Swordsmen), (3x Daevus Knights STR 42.6 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Sellsword Swordsmen)

Summery of Actions:
(24x Acheisan Light Cav STR 132 (Sword) -> Sellsword Archers)
(3x Koud Knights STR 39 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> 10 Selllsword Swordsmen)
(3x Daevus Knights STR 42.6 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Sellsword Swordsmen)

Ceaden
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceaden » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Moderation

EDIT: New damage counter:

1: No Damage
2: 5% Damage
3: 20% Damage
4: 50% Damage
5: 70% Damage
6: Max Damage

Results of Actions:

(24x Acheisan Light Cav STR 132 (Sword) -> Sellsword Archers)

Attacker Rolled: 5 (70% Damage, x2 due to mounted attack)
Defender Loss: 184.5 STR (5 Men), 0 STR Remaining (Unit Destroyed)

Attacker Rolled: 2 (5% Damage, x2 due to mounted attack)
Defender Loss: 3.9 STR (1 Man), 7.5 STR Remaining (4 Men)

(3x Daevus Knights STR 42.6 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Sellsword Swordsmen)

Attacker Rolled: 2 (5% Damage, x2 due to mounted attack)
Defender Rolled: 5 (70% Damage)
Defender Loss: 4.26 STR (1 Man), 3.24 STR Remaining (3 Men, Heavily Wounded)
Attacker Loss: 2.27 STR (0 Men, Another Injured), 40.33 STR Remaining (3 men)

Enemy Actions

The few remaining swordsmen are in a fight for their lives and are heavily wounded. Due to this we will rolle to see if they retreat:

1-3: They retreat.
4-6: They Fight.

Rolled: 4 (They are Retreating, on foot)

You can either let them retreat or ride them down.

Continue,

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:24 pm

As the Knights continued to strike them down one by one they retained only a few injuries in comparison. The Swordsmen were bloodied and injured; they labored in the swings of their swords and their thrusts as they fought back against the valiant Acheisan Knights who continued to cut them down in turn. They were no match and they knew this meant their lives. Soon the only three that remained began to flee. Their broken and cut limbs limping as they tried to escape down the road from the Knights.

“It’s a rout!” One of the Knights cheered.

Sir Goronwy would not have it. “Let’s see who takes the glory from this field.” He scoffed as he charged his black horse forward to the nearest man fleeing, his sword stretched out, prepared to cut the man in two as he rode by. The cowardly sword for hire was running with fear as the hoof beats got louder behind him. The other knights soon joined in prepared to run the cowards down and make them die like the rest. (3x Koud Knights STR 39 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> 10 Selllsword Swordsmen), (3x Daevus Knights STR 40.33 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Sellsword Swordsmen)

Action Summery
(3x Daevus Knights STR 40.33 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Sellsword Swordsmen)

Ceaden
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceaden » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Moderation

Results of Actions:

(3x Koud Knights STR 39 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> 3 Selllsword Swordsmen)

Attacker Rolled: 5 (70% Damage, x2 due to mounted attack)
Defender Loss: 27.3 STR (3 Men), 0 STR Remains (Unit Destroyed)

The Battle Is Over

Victory: Achesia

Defeated Units:
100x Peasent Milita
10x Sellsword Swordsmen
5x Sellsword Archers

Losses:
1x Acheisan Light Cavalry

Spoils of War:
1x Point of Interest (Village)
313 Civilians
75 Credits (Found on the dead bodies of enemies)
50x Wooden Spears (Found on dead peasant militia, The Other 50 was broken in your Cav charge)
80x Wooden Shields (Found on dead peasant militia and swordsmen, others broken in the fighting)
10x Iron Swords (Found on dead Swordsmen)
10x Wooden Bows (Found on dead Archers)

Continue on with your march into the Wild Lands,

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Sir Goronwy trotted his horse up the hill where the Rector sat atop his beast. He had only obtained a few scrapes to his horse from the battle as well as some smudges on his armor but nothing major. Only the Daevus Knights attained any wounds which he scoffed at with his companion Koud’s when they were not listening. He lifted the heavy steel helm from his head as he approached his Rector. Wiping the sweat from his brow and facial hair he reported in.

“My Lord Rector we have defeated the rebel peasants defending this village. In total we have dispatched one hundred and fifteen enemies, and lost only one cavalryman tragically. Three hundred and thirteen civilians have been captured in the village.” Goronwy tried to control his horse as it moved about in fear of the giant Wyvern his Rector was sitting atop.

“Very well Sir Goronwy. Leave a garrison here of twenty five men. You will then take your Koud Knights and two hundred and forty men, north east to the mountains where a mining village lies. There you will either have their allegiance to the King or their heads. I will take the rest of the force north west to the coast where the barbarians have an encampment. Understood?”

“Yes Milord, what am I to do after I have taken the village?”

“Send for me.” The Rector responded and without giving Sir Goronwy a chance to ask further he yanked the chains on his Wyvern and flew up into the air shouting down to his Praetors to rally is troops to march Northwest.
Goronwy nodded the Daevus Knights who trotted off to get wounds tended to a join the host marching with the Rector. He then left orders for the garrison and marched off with his own force to the northeast towards the village he was told off at the mountain pass. His force was cavalry light but that did not bother him as he was given extra archers and crossbowmen to compensate. He didn’t expect much resistance from the miners as they continued their conquest of the wild lands.

It would take until well after nightfall for them to reach their target up in the mountains. They would send scouts ahead to ride and ensure that their path would not be blocked as they ascended. They did not see much life on their way. (Scouts -> Recon Point of Interest)

A few peasants would pass them with carts hailing ores or crops, giving their hails and pledges as they passed by the column. This was more to protect their lives than to show any loyalty. Sir Goronwy would simply wave them off and let them continue with their lives as he marched his host forward under the banner of the King and the Stag of the Kouds.

When they finally reach an overlook they could see the dim flickering of firelight of the village across the valley that lay in front of them. They had surly seen us as we approaching such a massive force as we were, he thought. It was time to repeat the process of the last village. He sent out a rider with a white flag of truce to ask the village surrender and pledge loyalty to the King of Achesia. While he waited Goronwy stepped off his horse and rested as he had been riding for the entire day. Taking out his sword he sharpened it with a whetstone to ensure it was ready for battle. (Light Cav -> Ask point of interest to surrender)

Northwest Coastline of the Wild lands

Rector Odysseus and his forces arrived earlier to their target than Goronwy as they only had to walk across the plain. The coastal breeze was hard as they approached and the salt spray got into every mans eye. Beyond them was a camp of barbarians, reportedly the same barbarians that had been attacking cross the Achesian board. They were told this by one of the villagers in the village they had previously captured.

There would be no asking for surrender from these brutes. The Rector instead prepared his troops to attack immediately.

“Archers.” He commanded.

“Archers!” His heralds repeated as the troop of twenty archers stepped forward. They wore chainmail under a tunic that bore the sigil of the Achesian Army, a white dragon on a black field. In the same process as always they notched an arrow to their bows pulling back and releasing in a volley on the enemy encampment. (20x Achesian Archers STR 60 (Bow) -> Enemies in Camp)

Not far from them a group of horse archers did the same, sending fourth their volley to the barbarian encampment as well. (15x Achesian Horse Archers STR 82.5 (Bow) -> Enemies in Camp)

The Rector looked on as the war in the north continued to go to Achesia.

Action Summery

(Scouts -> Recon Point of Interest)
(Light Cav -> Ask point of interest to surrender)
(20x Achesian Archers STR 60 (Bow) -> Enemies in Camp)
(15x Achesian Horse Archers STR 82.5 (Bow) -> Enemies in Camp)

ORBAT of Three Forces:

Garrison Village at POI 1:
10 Achesian Men-at-Arms Swordsmen
5 Achesian Archers
10 Achesian Men-at-Arms Spearmen

Sir Goronwy's Force:
3 Achesian Koud Knights
100 Achesian Peasant Milita
40 Achesian Men-at-Arms Swordsmen
40 Achesian Men-at-Arms Spearmen
25 Achesian Archers
20 Achesian Crossbowmen
2 Achari Cultus Praeter
10 Achesian Light Cavalry

Rector's Force:
50x Achesian Men-at-Arms Swordsmen
50x Achesian Men-at-Arms Spearmen
100x Achesian Peasant Milita
20x Achesian Archers
15x Achesian Horse Archer
2 Achari Cultus Praeter
1x Achari Cultus Rector (Paris Odysseus)
Last edited by Achesia on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ceaden
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceaden » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Moderation

Results of Actions:

(Scouts -> Recon Point of Interest): Sucessful
Results:
572 Population
30 Selllsword Swordsmen
10 Sellsword Archers
100 Peasent Rebels

(Light Cav -> Ask point of interest to surrender)

Factors
(Pros)
-You took the other village easily
(Cons)

More pros this time so we will adjust the numbers accordindly.

1-2: Unsuccessful
3-6: Successful

Random Number Generated: 4, Village surrenders

Spoils of War:
572 Population
30 Selllsword Swordsmen
10 Sellsword Archers
100 Peasent Rebels

(20x Achesian Archers STR 60 (Bow) -> Enemies in Camp)

Lets see who they hit first:

1: Druids
2: Riders of the Wild Lands
3: Brigands

Random Number Generated: 2, Riders

Attacker Rolled: 3 (20% Damage)
Defender Loss: 12 STR (2 Men), 78 STR Remaining (18 men)

(15x Achesian Horse Archers STR 82.5 (Bow) -> Enemies in Camp)

Lets see who they hit first:

1: Druids
2: Riders of the Wild Lands
3: Brigands

Random Number Generated: 2, Riders

Defender Loss: 41.25 STR (9 Men), 36.75 STR Remaining (11 Men)

Enemy Actions:

Seeing your attack the remaining riders who are not being cut down ride out to meet your forces. They attack the first thing they can find, which since you didn't designated which forces were where we will use a random number generator to decide.

1: Men At Arms
2: Militia
3: Archers
4: Light Cav
5: Horse Archers
6: Squires
7: Prators
8: Rector
9: Daevus Knights

Random Number Generated: 5, Horse Archers

(11 Riders of the Wild Lands STR 49.5 -> Acheisan Horse Archers)

Attacker Rolled: 1 (No Damage)
Defender Rolled: 3 (20% Damage)
Attacker Loss: 16.5 STR (3 Men), 33 STR Remaining (8 Men)

The Druids also sprang into action to attack rallying their Brigands to prepare to assault your forces. The 100 brigands are now moving across the field to assault your forces, however they are not close enough for them to make it in one turn like the mounted riders were.

Continue,
Last edited by Ceaden on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:37 pm

Village at the Pass

It was only a quarter of the hour that the rider had left to call on the village to surrender that the rider returned white flag still in hand. He trotted up to Sir Goronwy immediately.

“Sir Goronwy, the village yields to us. I have spoken with their elder and the captain of their guard.” The rider stated pulling his horse to a stop.

“Excellent. Move the force to the opposite side of the village and make camp. I will go to the village and set up quarters in an inn.” Goronwy ordered the two other knights whom he had made the marshals of his force. Take the reins of his horse he passed his force and cantered down the road to the village with his light cavalry following.

It was a moderately sized village with only one road through the down. Many houses of varying grandeur had been built on the side of the road with alleyways leading back to hovels in the darker part of the streets not lit by lamps. The main road through the village was bustling with many people who had come out of their houses to witness the massive force pass through. Goronwy continued to follow the rider who would take him to the village elder. The trotted through the streets a good distance until they reached a small inn with a wooden pick shaped sign hanging off of the door that read “The Stumbling Miner”. Here they dismounted and tied up their horses on a post outside the door of the inn. Taking off their helms they proceeded inside to meet with the leaders of the village.

As the stepped inside the elders of the village rose to their feet as well as what seemed to be the captain of the guard judging by his tunic and sword strapped to his waist.

“Milord, we are at your service.” The eldest looking man of the bunch stated as Goronwy walked towards them.

“I thank you good man. I shall expect your hospitality, and your town’s allegiance to Achesia and King.”

“You shall have it all Sir Knight.” The Elder bowed his head and the rest followed his lead.

“Very well, I am Sir Goronwy, Knight of The Kouds and commander of his majesty the King’s Forces in the east of these wild lands. Pray tell what lies east of here, we wish to secure the lands up to twenty miles east of here.”

The Knight stated as he sat in one of the inn chairs, his armor making metallic squeals as it clashed together.
“My lord, to the north lays another village that we often trade with; it is a mining community much like ours here.” The man described on about many other insignificant details about the village.

“I would ask you to send word to them about our coming here and ask them to yield one in the same and swear allegiance to my King. They shall be treated with the same kindness as you.” (Have village influence -> Northern Village)

“I shall send my son to ride as soon as possible to send word. In the south lies another village. Mostly traders and other traveling folk. We do not have much interaction with them.”

“My thanks.” Goronwy nodded his head after listening to the man talk. “I shall take this inn as my headquarters as we take the east, see to it that my captains are given good accommodations as well as myself.”

“It will be done.” A portly man who apparently was the inn keep answered.”

Sir Goronwy strode off into the street again to speak with his rider. His forces were now crossing through the cities as the townsfolk watched on.

“Send a bird to the Lord Rector and tell them we have taken the village in the pass and move to continue our capture of the east.”

“Yes Sire.”

“Also, send Sir Diarmuid and five riders to the village with the elder’s son to get their allegiance.”

“Yes Sire.”

(1 Koud Knight, 5 Light Cav -> Move to northern Village in the East)

Battle with the Brigands at the Coast

Paris Odysseus watched as the enemy riders charged into his ranks and was stirred for a moment until he could see that they were having little effect on his forces. He instead turned his attention to the brigands and backwoods mages that charged at his ranks head on. With a wave of his hand he motioned to his Knights to begin the counter attack and move his forces to charge. (14x Horse Archers STR 77 -> Riders of the Wild lands)

The three Daevus Knights and two Squires that attended to them moved up the front of the column. Behind them the fourteen cavalrymen and hundred peasant militia prepared for the assault. The peasant militia was of course and irregular force in the Royal Army. Being peasants they could not afford iron weapons such as swords and mail, instead they were armored with the traditional weapon of the Achesian Realm, the quarterstaff. The quarterstaff is the weapon that every boy since his early ages is trained to use in combat, they are also used in many ceremonies throughout the land. Armed also witch shields that had crudely painted white dragons of blotched fields of black they cheered and ranted as they prepared to charge behind the cavalry.

“Men, we shall lead the peasants from the front.” One of the Daevus Knights announced to the others as he drew his sword. “Take them head on, charge!”

The attacking column stepped off and with a rumble in the ground the charged down the brigands and druids. (3x Daevus Knights STR 54 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Druids), (2x Squires STR 20 and 100 Peasant Militia STR 300, Total 320 (Swords, Mounted, Quarterstaffs, Un-mounted) -> Brigands) (14x Light Cav STR 77 (Sword, Mounted) -> Brigands)

Summary of Actions

(14x Light Cav STR 77 (Sword, Mounted) -> Brigands)
(14x Horse Archers STR 77 -> Riders of the Wild lands)
(1 Koud Knight, 5 Light Cav -> Move to northern Village in the East)
(Have village influence -> Northern Village)
(3x Daevus Knights STR 54 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Druids)
(2x Squires STR 20 and 100 Peasant Militia STR 300, Total 320 (Swords, Mounted, Quarterstaffs, Un-mounted) -> Brigands)
Last edited by Achesia on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ceaden
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceaden » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:08 am

Moderation

Results of Actions:

(1 Koud Knight, 5 Light Cav -> Move to northern Village in the East): Noted

(Have village influence -> Northern Village): So influenced

(14x Horse Archers STR 77 -> Riders of the Wild lands)
Defender Loss: 77 STR (17 Men), 0 STR Remaining (Unit Destroyed)

(3x Daevus Knights STR 54 (Great Sword, Mounted) -> Druids)
Defender Loss: 11 STR (16 was blocked by MAG) (4 Men), 0 STR Remaining (Unit Destroyed)

(14x Light Cav STR 77 (Sword, Mounted) -> Brigands)
Attacker Rolled: 3
Defender Rolled: 5 (70% Damage)
Defender Loss: 30.8 STR (10 Men), 269.2 STR Remaining (90 men)
Attacker Loss: 188.4 (14 Men), 0 STR Remaining (Unit Destroyed)

(2x Squires STR 20 and 100 Peasant Militia STR 300, Total 320 (Swords, Mounted, Quarterstaffs, Un-mounted) -> Brigands)
Defender Rolled: 6 (Max Damage)
Defender Loss: 170 STR (56 Men), 99.2 STR Remaining (34 Men)
Attacker Loss: 99.2 STR (2 Squires, 26 Militia), 220.8 STR Remaining (74 Militia)

Enemy Actions

Seeing their druids killed so easily broke the will of the Brigands a bit but they continue to fight your militia after the great success the had previously.

(34x Brigands STR 102 -> Peasant Militia)
Attacker Rolled: 5 (70% Damage)
Defender Loss: 71.4 STR (23 men), 149.4 STR Remaining (51 men)

Continue,

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:16 am

The East

When the Koud Knight arrived at the town in the north they waited behind the foothills while the elder’s son and one rider continued to bring their message to the village. They had in instructed the rider to tell the village to yield to the King of Achesia in hopes that this village would bend a knee just as easily as the last thus securing the majority of the wild lands for the King. So they waited for a few hours for the result of their work. (Light Cav/Villager -> Demand Village Swear Allegiance to Acheisa)

In the south at the previous village Sur Goronwy had began to rally his forces to march on the southern of the two rouge settlements. He would leave a larger garrison this time as he would only need a few of his troops to secure the point of interest for the King. After the night of rest in the friendly village they men had more energy than they have had since the crossed the border into the wild lands. They had drank with, ate with, toasted, brawled with, and de flowered the villages brothers, fathers, sons, and sisters.

It was however time to march on to do the King’s bidding. He would twenty swordsmen, twenty archers, and a Praetor to look after Achesia’s interest while he took ten of the village’s archers with his host to supplement those he was leaving behind.

They marched at dawn leaving with sweet farewells from the villagers and miners alike. Sur Goronwy led the column as he usually chose to do and stuck south for their target. They had heard some stories of the town. It was said to be large and exotic where many traders from lands near and far came to trade their goods at market. The men were anxious to see it however the Knights knew they would more than likely have to take it with force though it was unknown to them. (Sur Goronwy Force -> Move to southern POI)

Northwest Coastline of the Wild lands

The Rector watched as his troops were being slaughtered by the Brigands. His grunts of disgust could be heard by all of his retainers around him. He had half a mind to go fly into the fray himself, while his remaining Praetors urged against it the Rector was hard of hearing or just stubborn after the loss of his troops in such a dishonoring manner. The Dread Lord was looking down on him with disappointment. He could feel the warmth on the back of his neck. It was decided, with a swift kick and a jerk of the reigns and beckoned his Wyvern into the air.

“Climb.” He bellowed. The beast spread its wings and with a large and sudden flap they were in the air and flying and great speed into the fray. The beast itself gave out a shriek as it bared its claws and teeth. The Wyvern dived into the mass of humans and metal. The Rector himself slashed at unsuspecting Brigands when he was low enough to do so. (Archari Cultus Rector STR 22 -> Brigands)

The rest of the troops continued their slashes and thrusts. The remaining militia continued to fight the way they best knew with their quarterstaffs, swinging them at enemies heads, dancing around them with swift kicks and using them as a third leg to make graceful assaults. The Knights now free of their attack on the Druids moved in to assault the Brigands as well. (3x Daevus Knights STR 54 -> Brigands) (Peasant Militia STR 220.8 -> Brigands)

Summary of Actions
(Light Cav/Villager -> Demand Village Swear Allegiance to Acheisa)
(Sur Goronwy Force -> Move to southern POI)
(Archari Cultus Rector STR 22 -> Brigands)
(3x Daevus Knights STR 54 -> Brigands)
(Peasant Militia STR 220.8 -> Brigands)

Updated ORBAT

Sur Goronwy’s Force
2 Achesian Koud Knights
100 Achesian Peasant Militia
20 Achesian Men-at-Arms Swordsmen
20 Achesian Men-at-Arms Spearmen
5 Achesian Archers
20 Achesian Crossbowmen
2 Achari Cultus Praetor
10 Village Archers

Garrison Village at POI 1:
10 Achesian Men-at-Arms Swordsmen
5 Achesian Archers
10 Achesian Men-at-Arms Spearmen

Second Village Garrison
20 Achesian Men-at-Arms Swordsmen
20 Achesian Archers
30 Village Guards
100 Armed Villagers

Village Submission Party
1 Achesian Koud Knight
10 Achesian Light Cavalry

Rector's Force:
50x Achesian Men-at-Arms Swordsmen
50x Achesian Men-at-Arms Spearmen
51x Achesian Peasant Milita
20x Achesian Archers
15x Achesian Horse Archer
2 Achari Cultus Praeter
1x Achari Cultus Rector (Paris Odysseus)
Last edited by Achesia on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceaden
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceaden » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:38 am

Moderation

Results of Actions:

(Light Cav/Villager -> Demand Village Swear Allegiance to Acheisa)

Factors
(Pros)
- You took the other village easily
- The other village is vouching for you
(Cons)

2-6: Successful

Random Number Generated:
4, Village Yields to Achesia

Spoils of War
150 Peasent Rebels
15 Selllsword Swordsmen
10 Sellsword Archers

(Sur Goronwy Force -> Move to southern POI): Noted

(Archari Cultus Rector STR 22 -> Brigands)
Defender Rolled: 2 (No Damage)
Defender Loss: 46.2 STR (15 Men), 53 STR remaining (19 men)

(3x Daevus Knights STR 54 -> Brigands)
Defender Loss: 75.6 STR (19 Men), 0 STR Remaining (Unit Destroyed)

Battle is Over

Victor: Achesia

Defeated Units:
100 Brigands
20 Riders of the Wild lands
4 Druids

Loses:
14x Achesian Light Cav
2x Achesian Squires
49x Peasent Militita

The Spoils of War
The Weapons and Armor of your fallen
1x Point of Interest (Coastal Encampment)
500 Credits (Found in the encampment and on the bodies.
120x Iron Swords
80x Wooden Shields
5x Horses
4x Apprentice Mage Staffs

Continue With your March,
Last edited by Ceaden on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Village to the South East

The town was in their sights. It was smaller than they had expected, although it did not disappoint in its exoticness. The colors of the town could even be seen from their distance, the sounds of foreign instruments, and languages of many people’s could be heard as well. It was a taste of the land beyond. However; they did not come to watch the spectacle. It would only be moments before the town noticed the Achesian host to their north and prepared itself. Sur Goronwy quickly dispatched his rider to demand the village submit to the Kingdom of Achesia. It was in both of their best interests, he thought. If they simply bent a knee they both would not have to shed each other’s blood. (Light Cav -> Demand Village yield)

What was to happen when this conquest was over? All these people subjects of the King of Achesia going about their lives just as before. Not much would change here, maybe more wealth would flow into the region but none the less to the average peasant he would still go about his life just as before.

Sur Goronwy thought of his three sons and four daughters in Judgestone. They would be attended to the Praetors sermons this morning with their mother. His sons would be dresses as rich as lords, his daughters as beautiful as crown princesses. He wished he could ride home to meet them. The village they no stared at was not a hundred miles from Judgestone but his duty was here with his men who also had families in the land they had left behind.

The Rector’s host

The last battle had left more dead and any of the others. The Rector was displeased with himself letting the Brigands destroy his cavalry like that. When he entered the field he paid them back what was due, annihilating their remaining numbers from the sky. His beast had scared the lives out of some, eat others, and his sword had taken the rest. Screams of sheer terror had erupted when the flying Wyvern descended upon them. The Militia and Knights both disappointed they could not finish what they started but they dared not defy their Lord Rector.
The Rector knelt in the sands of the coast sharpening his blade after the last combat. His beast was not far from him licking and gnawing at its own wounds that had been inflicted upon its scales by brigands in fear for their lives. The battle for the Wild Lands would soon be over as they had only to move north and destroy the last hold of resistance, provided that Sur Goronwy had already done his part in the east.

“Lord Rector.” One of the robed Praetors stepped down off the dune, his staff stabilizing him through the soft sand.

“Praetor.” The Rector stood in acknowledgement.

“The men have struck camp and are prepared to march on your order.”

“Very well, begin the march north, I fly overhead.”

“Yes my Lord.”

The Rector sheathed his ornate Arming sword, decorated with fine red gemstones on the cross guard with a stone dragon lying between the hilt and the blade. It was a gift from the King when he was given the I Battalion to command. He walked over to the Wyvern and mounted it like hundreds of times before. Twisting the reigns a bit the beast walked forward over the dunes to see the men beginning to march, the loud booms of the drum keeping them pace.

“Praetor!” He called back to his lieutenant.

“My lord?”

“Send scouts ahead of us; ensure we know what lies before us.”

“Yes My Lord.”

(Achesian Horse Archer -> Scout northern POI)

And with nothing further the Rector flew up into the air to watch his forces march from above.

Summery of Actions

(Light Cav -> Demand Village yield)
(Achesian Horse Archer -> Scout northern POI)

Ceaden
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceaden » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Moderation

Results of Actions:

(Light Cav -> Demand Village yield)

Factors
(Pros)
- You took the other villages easily
(Cons)
- This village is more remote than the others.

More cons this time so we will adjust the numbers accordindly.

1-4: Unsuccessful
5-6: Successful

Random Number Generated: 2, Village Does not yield.

(Achesian Horse Archer -> Scout northern POI):

Successful

Intel on northern POI:
Village
400 population
4 Druids
10 Riders of the Wild Lands
350 Peasent Rebels

Continue,
Last edited by Ceaden on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Village to the South

“It’s no good.” The other Koud knight muttered as the rider they had sent to demand the village yield came back dropping his flag of truce.

“Very well, Sur Goronwy stated grabbing the reigns of his horse. “Have the men-at-arms and militia form up at our rear. We charge in now.”

“Infantry to column!” The call rang out as Goronwy began to gallop down the path with his fellow Knight at his side. Behind him ranks of men-at-arms brandishing spear and sword followed with peasants and their quarter staffs behind them. They all charged down the rolling hills towards the city which had no real town guard, just plenty of sell swords who did not want to see their favorite lawless town be taken by law. Brandishing their swords of different shapes and sizes they waited for the Achesian Army to face them.

Sur Goronwy himself had drawn his sword and in Knightly fashion aimed it as if it were a lance in front of him ready to charge down any foe. Behind him the men-at-arms had began to cry and howl as they began to jog to keep up with the Knights. There would be a crash as the two forces came together, other unearthly sounds may be heard as well as Goronwy spied several druids who eagerly prepared their magic for the riders. He and his fellow Koud knight aimed specially for them as to stop them from using anything unnatural against their forces. (2x Koud Knights STR 26 -> Druids) (20x men-at-arms spearmen STR 80 -> Riders of the Wild lands)) (20x men-at-arms swordsmen STR 80 -> Sellsword Archers) (100x Peasant Militia STR 300 -> Sellsword Swordsmen.)

Rector’s Host

The Rector listened to his horse archers as they described to him the village in the north. It was a simple village that seemed to be made up of mainly farmers and those who serviced the farmers. No real standing force was in the village but near four hundred of the peasants had taken up arms under the leadership of some superstitious druids to prepare for the coming Achesian host.

After he had listened to the reports he pondered how he would approach this task. After the last battle he did not want to lose any more men than need be as he loved his men as his children much like any good commander would.

“Take the force and have them in ranks on the hill opposite the village. I will go myself and demand their fealty”

“My lord we could certainly send a rider.”

“No, they will stare my Wyvern in the face while they refuse me if they so choose. I will go and demand that they bend knee to their King.”

And so it was done. The Royal Army stood in ranks opposite of the village where hundreds of peasants brandishing spears stood watching them. Banners of the King and of the I Battalion flapped in the air as the Rector flew over them towards the village. He landed on a small stone wall that was adjacent to the road entering the village. His beast snorted and bared its teeth and the villagers who prepared themselves to fight it with their pointy sticks. The Rector still holding the reigns controlled his beast as he spoke in a loud booming voice.

“You will all pledge your allegiance to the King of Achesia, your true ruler. You are to become his subjects and lay down your arms before his armies.” He had a demoralizing tone to the words he spoke. (Achari Cultus Rector -> Demand Village Yield.)

Summary of Actions
(2x Koud Knights STR 26 -> Druids)
(20x men-at-arms spearmen STR 80 -> Riders of the Wild lands) )
(20x men-at-arms swordsmen STR 80 -> Sellsword Archers)
(100x Peasant Militia STR 300 -> Sellsword Swordsmen.)
(Achari Cultus Rector -> Demand Village Yield.)

Ceaden
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceaden » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Moderation

Results of Actions:

(2x Koud Knights STR 26 -> Druids)
Defender Loss: 18 STR (8 STR Shielded by MAG) (2 Men), 0 STR Remaining (Unit Destroyed)

(20x men-at-arms spearmen STR 80 -> Riders of the Wild lands)
Defender Loss: 112 STR (10 men), 0 STR Remaining (Unit Destroyed)

(20x men-at-arms swordsmen STR 80 -> Sellsword Archers)
Defender Loss: 56 STR (10 men), 0 STR Remaining (Unit Destroyed)

(100x Peasant Militia STR 300 -> Sellsword Swordsmen.)
Defender Loss: 150 STR (15 Men), 0 STR Remaining (Unit Destroyed)

Battle is Over

Victor: Achesia

Defeated Units:
10 Riders of the Wild Lands
15 Selllsword Swordsmen
10 Sellsword Archers
2 Druids

Loses:
None

The Spoils of War:
1x Point of Interest
250 Credits (Found on the bodies and in the town)
25x Iron Swords
7x Wooden Shields
11x Wooden Bows
2x Horses

(Achari Cultus Rector -> Demand Village Yield.)

Factors
(Pros)
- You took the other villages easily
- A Big Wyvern is staring them in the face
- They have heard word of the other villages fall.
(Cons)
- The Druids are influencing them not to
- This village is more remote than the others.

1-2: Unsuccessful
3-6: Successful

Random Number Generated: 3, The Village Yields

The Spoils of War:
1x Village
800x population
10x Riders of the Wild Lands
350x Peasent Rebels

*The Druids have fled to the north knowing that their practices are illegal under pain of death in Achesian Law.

You have taken the land you have had annexed successfully. Congrats. Finish it up in a summery post,

Population You have gained: 2724 (You killed 276 of the population in your conquest)
Land you have gained: 6,000 Square Miles of land
Green land: 900 Square Miles
Light Tan Land: 3000 Square Miles
Dark Tan Land: 900 Square Miles
Gray land: 2400 Square Miles
Coastline: 90 Miles

You may take from the land its resources as your spoils. Make sure to factor all the new lands into your PPC as well as take from your treasury the coast of feeding your forces that are still alive that originally crossed the boarder with you.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Village in the South

The stains of blood filled the dirt roads throughout the village after the short and brutal battle with the sell swords. Sur Goronwy and his forces had butchered the rebels easily and without as much of a scratch on his men. It had been a gift from the Dread Lord himself that such a victory could be won. As his men around him buried the bodies of their enemies and gathered what spoils they could, Sur Goronwy knelt before the Praetor to receive blessings and pray in thanks to the God of Summer for delivering them this victory over the wild lands taking it in the name of their King.

“beatus exsisto proeliator pro formido senior , beatus exsisto vestri mucro , beatus exsisto vestri domus may vos have pacis per vestri mens may vestri liberi concresco may vestri uxor patesco magis vobis in coming annus.” The Praetor chanted the prayer in the tongue of the Dread Lord as he waved his staff over the Knight’s head as Goronwy knelt leaning on his sword that was stuck into the earth.

Above them they soon heard the cries of the Wyvern. Looking up Goronwy saw the Rector, Paris Odysseus flying down to meet him. Rising to his feet he sheathed his blade and walked over to where the Rector had perched. Taking a knee he reported in.

“My Lord, the town has been taken in the name of the king. The remaining population has pledged themselves to their ruler and to the Dread Lord.”

“In the north they yield as well, all the Wild lands once undisciplined and evil now bow to the Dread Lord. We have seen victory this day.” The Rector bantered over their victory for a few moments. “I have received a bird from Fawnnorth, you are to be promoted to Lord Marquises of the Verge. You are to ride to Judegstone where you will gather your house and be promoted by your Abbas, after you shall return to these lands as their master and make them strong in the name of the King.”

“His grace honors me with such a station. I shall make this land the best as it is my own.”

“The Dread Lord be with your Sur Goronwy.” The Rector blessed him and flew off to attend business elsewhere.
Thus the lands fell and rose under the banner of the dragon. May they prosper in the long years to come.

Fee spent on remaining soldiers during conquest: 8,740 Credits

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents