NATION

PASSWORD

Star War Galaxy [General OOC Thread]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:47 am

Asfaltum wrote:Are there any actual active/ongoing threads atm?

Dying Dawn is the "most active" at the moment. There's a huge battle that is in semi-pause state awaiting a post from some peoples. Once that post is made, it'll continue.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:47 am

Thrashia wrote:
Asfaltum wrote:Are there any actual active/ongoing threads atm?

Dying Dawn is the "most active" at the moment. There's a huge battle that is in semi-pause state awaiting a post from some peoples. Once that post is made, it'll continue.

As always, Blame Hunt. I'm kinda stuck til hunt makes his post.
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Exenstar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Exenstar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:10 am

Hey, I'm looking to get involved with a FT community. I've primarily been involved with star trek-esque rp's, but right now I'm honestly trying to find anyone to rp with, hahaha. Anyway, I'm more than willing to alter my nation's lore to fit the Star Wars universe. As it stands, here's my national lore:
The planet Exenstar is the mid-rim homeworld of the Exeni, a humanoid species. They look exactly like humans, except their eyes are usually red or purple. They have an extra organ that allows them to naturally heal very quickly, but also only posses a right lung. They generally live to about 200 years old.
Only one Exeni has ever been known to use the force, Darth Gorm, and he was a Sith Assassin. Most of the Exeni's talents have instead lied with machinery and technology, where they eventually converted nearly their entire military into autonomous drones. Their doctors and scientists have become renowned for their ingenious solutions to complex problems, however are also known to be somewhat immoral when it comes to experimenting on sentient beings.
Eventually, their mega-metropolis planet-- holding about 1/4 of Coruscant's population-- sent out a distress call, asking all military and civilian vessels to assist in a planet-wide evacuation. Within 15 minutes of the distress call, the planet seemed to collapse in on itself, and then explode. In an instant, almost half of the planet's mass was shot out into space, forming a ring 10 times the original planets diameter around the remaining molten rock left. The blast destroyed almost every ship and space station in the entire system and split it's moon in half. The blast raised the average temperature on nearby planets by almost 10 degrees for several years, and is so bright that it can be seen with the naked eye from most other planets in the system. No one except the Exeni high command knows what happened to the planet.
The Exeni were almost driven extinct by the event, leaving just more than 2 million left. Most live in research space stations that have been converted into small cities, akin to Polis Massa. The largest of these is Abernythis Mobile Space Station, which serves as the capital. It has a built-in hyperdrive, allowing it to travel, albeit very slowly. It normally orbits the remains of Exenstar. It looks like a series of frisbees stacked on top of each other.
Ever since the destruction of their planet, the Exeni have been forced to look outside of themselves and go to other species, instead of other species coming to them. As a result, more Exeni have been found to be force sensitive, though due to the Exeni's experience with Darth Gorm they are very hesitant to trust Sith or Jedi.

Anyway, I would love to join any rp's you have going on. I couldn't find an application or anything, so I apologize for not including it in this post if there is an application. Please TG or quote me if you have any questions.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Exenstar, go sign up in the claims thread. Link is in this thread's OP.

@Everyone else: I just saw Episode 7. It was freaking amazing, awesome, just what I wanted. If you don't have plans to go see it yet, you're doing life wrong.
Last edited by Thrashia on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:52 pm

Hopefully the movie will bring in more RPers into our circle, which means we will have to actually post regularly.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:39 am

Balrogga wrote:Hopefully the movie will bring in more RPers into our circle, which means we will have to actually post regularly.

lol. Right?

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:07 am

Thrashia wrote:
Balrogga wrote:Hopefully the movie will bring in more RPers into our circle, which means we will have to actually post regularly.

lol. Right?

Keep in mind an influx of RPers might also include an increased chance of contamination by one-line-wonders.

Good thing we have a vetting process, I suppose.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:29 pm

Unfortunately the vetting process only works as well as Thrashia works since he is the one who does the vetting in question.

This means he might have to actually spend some time here..... :roll:
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:58 pm

Speaking of the Episode and bringing people to us, it's inspired me to finish that intro-that-I-totally-ignored-for-too-long, if you wanna join in, I'll be on the IRC this week.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Saw the movie. Decent movie but rather formulaic really. Way too much like the first Star Wars.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Asfaltum
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asfaltum » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:31 am

Godular wrote:Way too much like the first Star Wars.

And that's a bad thing?

Haven't seen it myself yet, because I like Star Wars too much to see it for the first time in a room filled with a bunch of noisy people/kids. Might just wait for it to hit DVD...

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:47 am

Asfaltum wrote:
Godular wrote:Way too much like the first Star Wars.

And that's a bad thing?

Haven't seen it myself yet, because I like Star Wars too much to see it for the first time in a room filled with a bunch of noisy people/kids. Might just wait for it to hit DVD...

Yes actually. I was hoping it'd bring something new to the table, but nope. Shout out after shout out and in joke after in joke. One-dimensional characters and deus ex machinas abound. Don't get me wrong, I still consider it a good movie but nowhere near deserving of the hype and play it has received.

They could have done better.
New to F7? Click here!

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:55 am

Ah, I see. Well hopefully that comes in the later 2 episodes. With this one, I assume they were simply trying to avoid alienating the fan base and prove wrong the Disney-will-ruin-the-franchise people. If they had tried anything remotely "new" (read, intelligent), there would have been an outcry from the "fans". Sadly. One has to see the movie for what it really is; marketing. Hopefully better things will follow.

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:11 am

Asfaltum wrote:Ah, I see. Well hopefully that comes in the later 2 episodes. With this one, I assume they were simply trying to avoid alienating the fan base and prove wrong the Disney-will-ruin-the-franchise people. If they had tried anything remotely "new" (read, intelligent), there would have been an outcry from the "fans". Sadly. One has to see the movie for what it really is; marketing. Hopefully better things will follow.

It was an enjoyable film, with lots of tie in's with the original trilogy. It was not a perfect film by far, but it was as good as it can get for the first episode of a new trilogy. I'm hoping that they will make the next ones a lot better. They have a lot of room for originality in Rogue Shadow, since it's a stand alone film. Although Disney has never been known for anything original since Mickey Mouse.

Still at the end of the day, it was a enjoyable film. The real brilliance behind this film was their blanket marketing. I have never seen every aspect of life so dominated by a film like this before. Star Wars Oranges and Grapes to Covergirl make up. No product or aspect of consumerism was spared in the making of this film.
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

New Terminus
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Terminus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:49 pm

I totes didnt forget about this at all no sir no way id never do such a blatantly irrisponsible thing... also i Blame Hunt!
Terminus Factbook - FT

Puppet of: Arch Islands for use in SWG Galaxy

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:11 pm

Hey guys, check your TGs. I got an idea. (Several actually, but this is the first/main one.)

Also feel free to forward my TG to anyone else in the group that is currently active, I was lazy and just sent it to "the usual suspects". And Terminus/Arch.

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:30 pm

Asfaltum wrote:Hey guys, check your TGs. I got an idea. (Several actually, but this is the first/main one.)

Also feel free to forward my TG to anyone else in the group that is currently active, I was lazy and just sent it to "the usual suspects". And Terminus/Arch.

But....but.... I didn't get a TG. SOBS

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:31 pm

New Terminus wrote:I totes didnt forget about this at all no sir no way id never do such a blatantly irrisponsible thing... also i Blame Hunt!

Good, you didn't forget Rule No. 1. Always Blame Hunt.

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:53 pm

Orthodox Gnosticism wrote:But....but.... I didn't get a TG. SOBS

Huh, weird. I remember adding you to the recipients list as well. Sent it now though.

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:04 am

I blame Hunt.

Also, invites have been sent. 6 so far.

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:41 am

So I was talking to Godular on slack, and here's something I'd like to reiterate as a general suggestion for how to move forward. I may be stepping on some toes, but I think that while we may have periods of great enthusiasm for writing/posting on a regular basis (I'll point to myself as being a culprit), we might need a more pragmatical approach to SWG.

asfaltum [6:21 PM]
Yeah I dunno, I feel like we have too many bad guys around, and it sorta fragmented people's attention and contributed to people going inactive. Too much to keep track of. Thrash's Chaos faction. OG's various henchmen. Hunt. The Godulans. And I think I had a Kashyyk thread where Chron was supposed to be the bad guy but went inactive, and then the role went to OG. I think we should centralize stuff. Or at least create some kind of timeline that people can agree on. "Great threats to the Galaxy - in chronological order" or something. So first we all deal with, say Thrash's Chaos faction, and maybe drop a few hints for future stuff, and then the next major threat takes its turn, and so on.
​[6:21]
I should post this suggestion in the forums probably.
godular [6:22 PM]
I specifically intended for the Shenryax line to start up after the Chaos thing was dealt with.
asfaltum [6:25 PM]
I know. But the ​writing for it is happening now, forcing people to prioritize between what they want to be involved in. But, if everyone agreed to be reasonably active in DD for example (which would be easy, if there's only one main RP to keep track of) then it would move forward faster, and we'd get to do other interesting things, with everyone still active and "in the loop" on what's happening.
​[6:26]
Just a thought.

To clarify, I'm not suggesting we limit the amount of RPs people are allowed to participate in. I think people should to whatever they want and feel like. But, perhaps, limit the "Major Galactic Threat" to one RP at a time, and prioritize that one. So if you're only reading that one thread, you can safely ignore all the other RPs and still be in the loop about what's happening in the SWG at large, without having concerns about timelines, and who is doing what, where, before or after what else happened.

I'm not suggesting we change anything we have going atm, mind you. Just that maybe we put some stuff (major galactic incidents only) on hold and prioritize the DD thread until it's resolved. Easier for everyone to keep up that way.
Last edited by Asfaltum on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:01 pm

I'm out of vacation for the next two weeks, so my response time will be limited to posts, just so everyone is aware. I'll likely do a giant response post to things that need doing.

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:17 pm

Yeah I think everyone's going to be busy for a while :)

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:18 pm

I can see some merit to this. I am not sure how it would be implemented, since people post as they will. Perhaps we should form 2 or 3 factions, like we used to in the old days. Gffa vs Ge, old days. Then the factions can interact as they will. Just a thought.

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Well yes, but that might be an unnecessary limitation for people who want to RP more than one "faction" on the good vs evil scale, so to speak.

I think all we need is an official timeline of sorts, to give an overview of the main galactic "threats" or events. And then take turns. For example, after Thrashia's Chaos invasion is wrapped up, it could be Godular's turn. And then I'm sure OG has a sinister plot or two brewing.

The point is to have one active "main" thread at a time, and prioritize that. Then if people want to do other stuff on the side, that's not a problem, as long as the main RP is moving forward and we have an official timeline that gives us an overview.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents