NATION

PASSWORD

Star War Galaxy [General OOC Thread]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:34 pm

I'm ending any verbal ban on discussing the new movie now, by the by, in case anyone wanted to discuss it.

That said, I've seen the film four times already and plan to see it three more times...because I like symmetry.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58 pm

If anyone is to talk about the movie, please place a Spoiler Alert so those who has not seen it can avoid reading.

I have been waiting to be able to see it with my kids but between the Holidays and conflicting work schedules (and their desire to watch the other 6 first) I have yet to see the movie.

Thank you
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:21 am

Balrogga wrote:If anyone is to talk about the movie, please place a Spoiler Alert so those who has not seen it can avoid reading.

I have been waiting to be able to see it with my kids but between the Holidays and conflicting work schedules (and their desire to watch the other 6 first) I have yet to see the movie.

Thank you

Duly noted. Everyone, please be advised.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Asfaltum
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asfaltum » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 am

Orthodox Gnosticism wrote:I'll put it up just after I finish it off, promise.

The thread? I thought Dornie was going to do the honours?

Thrashia wrote:I'm ending any verbal ban on discussing the new movie now, by the by, in case anyone wanted to discuss it.

That said, I've seen the film four times already and plan to see it three more times...because I like symmetry.

You monster!

Honestly I'd probably do the same, if I had money to burn. I haven't seen it yet, because I like Star Wars too much to watch it, for the first time, in a room full of loud people and their even louder progeny. Probably just gonna wait for it to hit DVD...

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:39 pm

I am glad I am not the only one who has not seen the movie yet.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:45 pm

I wouldn't say it's worth seeing 7 times. Sure it was a decent star wars movie, but not at all spectacular.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Godular wrote:I wouldn't say it's worth seeing 7 times. Sure it was a decent star wars movie, but not at all spectacular.

I'm seeing it so many times because I want to truly get a feel for it. Each time I watch, a little less of the stardust is removed from my eyes. It's a good film to be sure, solid, but it's not the Star Wars film we all were really wanting...in many, sometime strange, aspects. Once everyone has seen it, I can explain more in detail.

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:27 am

Thrashia wrote:
Godular wrote:I wouldn't say it's worth seeing 7 times. Sure it was a decent star wars movie, but not at all spectacular.

I'm seeing it so many times because I want to truly get a feel for it. Each time I watch, a little less of the stardust is removed from my eyes. It's a good film to be sure, solid, but it's not the Star Wars film we all were really wanting...in many, sometime strange, aspects. Once everyone has seen it, I can explain more in detail.

It was a good solid film, but yes it was a bit safe wasn't it?
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Orthodox Gnosticism wrote:
Thrashia wrote:

It was a good solid film, but yes it was a bit safe wasn't it?

In retrospect I see the flaw in having JJ be the director. He is a self admitted "fan of Star Wars." Any fan who enjoyed the OT as much as I can imagine, but disliked the PT, would naturally have made the film we have now...

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Dornalia » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:48 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=365479

To quote the Joker, "And here...we...go."
"New Dornalia, a living example of anomalous civilizations."-- Phoenix Conclave
"Your nation has always been ridiculous. But it's endearing."--Skaugra
"It's a magical place where chinese cowboys ply the star lanes to extract vast wealth from trade, where NORINCO isn't just an arms company, but an evil bond villain type conglomerate that hides in other nations. Where the apocalypse happened, and everyone went "huh, that's neat" and then got back to having catgirls and starships."-- Olimpiada
"...why am I space China, and I don't have actual magic animals, and you're space USA, and you do? This seems like a mistake." --Roania, during a discussion on wildlife.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:27 pm

New Dornalia wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=365479

To quote the Joker, "And here...we...go."

Adding it to the OP.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:55 am

New thread open: Rebirth by Naacal.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:03 am

NEW OOC THREAD

This thread will be locked.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents