NATION

PASSWORD

Star War Galaxy [General OOC Thread]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Terminus
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Terminus » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:46 am

Asfaltum wrote:Well yes, but that might be an unnecessary limitation for people who want to RP more than one "faction" on the good vs evil scale, so to speak.

I think all we need is an official timeline of sorts, to give an overview of the main galactic "threats" or events. And then take turns. For example, after Thrashia's Chaos invasion is wrapped up, it could be Godular's turn. And then I'm sure OG has a sinister plot or two brewing.

The point is to have one active "main" thread at a time, and prioritize that. Then if people want to do other stuff on the side, that's not a problem, as long as the main RP is moving forward and we have an official timeline that gives us an overview.

I see the merit but i dont think its quite the right way to go about it. Having one main active thread at a time eithee pigeon holes others who want to do a big arc and forces them to wait and at the pace something like Dying dawn is going that wait is a very very long time. I know your not saying people cant post other threads but other people see different story arcs as more important than others.

Its a tricky situation to try and manage and i dont think this is the right way of going about it.
Terminus Factbook - FT

Puppet of: Arch Islands for use in SWG Galaxy

Asfaltum
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asfaltum » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:49 am

Well but the point is, if DD would be a priority, and people wouldn't have too many threads on the side to keep up with, things would move along faster. And in general, if we had an official timeline that shows what threads fit in where, that would also make it easier to keep up and stay active.

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:04 am

Asfaltum wrote:Well but the point is, if DD would be a priority, and people wouldn't have too many threads on the side to keep up with, things would move along faster. And in general, if we had an official timeline that shows what threads fit in where, that would also make it easier to keep up and stay active.

DD's slow posting is due to one problem, and one problem that has plagued the SWG since it's inception. Getting Hunt to post.

#BlameHunt #Itsallhuntsfault #damnhuntclones
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:13 am

Speaking of blaming ppl, can you finally TG me your email so I can add you to the chatroom and we can discuss stuff?

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:22 pm

So will there be strict guidelines on it only being SW Tech? That would be fun and I would definatally be interested, but if its just a FT tech group then idk...

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:53 pm

Achesia wrote:So will there be strict guidelines on it only being SW Tech? That would be fun and I would definatally be interested, but if its just a FT tech group then idk...

General FT, but heavy SW influence.

I mean we got Honorverse, Enderverse, and I'm pretty sure somebody uses Necrons... and I use custom stuff. It all comes down to how you RP it.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:56 pm

Godular wrote:
Achesia wrote:So will there be strict guidelines on it only being SW Tech? That would be fun and I would definatally be interested, but if its just a FT tech group then idk...

General FT, but heavy SW influence.

I mean we got Honorverse, Enderverse, and I'm pretty sure somebody uses Necrons... and I use custom stuff. It all comes down to how you RP it.

Yeah im really just looking for SW rp... :/ sorry

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm sure if you wanted to make an RP strictly limited to SW tech, people wouldn't mind. I think we have at least one or two guys who are entirely SW based...

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:31 pm

The one problem with limiting it to only SW tech is the long list of other players who would be excluded and unable to defend any claims on their territory if the said RP takes a turn in their direction either geographically or plot-wise.

A good example is if the RP took them to Lehon, a place long claimed by Lord Atrox when he was led there by the sentience of the Forge and took the place over, rebuilding the Forge and trapping it within a Kython version of itself. He also created the New Sith Order (NSO), an Order dedicated to hunting down Banites and Ragers.

Now, if the RP uses a follower of Bane (Rule of Two) or a Rager, the events might attract Atrox's attention and he might send one of the other characters on a little hunt or take personal interest. That could be Darth Twilight or one of the other PCs at the NSO.

The point is restrictions can easily prevent characters from taking actions which they would normally make.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:43 am

Balrogga wrote:The one problem with limiting it to only SW tech is the long list of other players who would be excluded and unable to defend any claims on their territory if the said RP takes a turn in their direction either geographically or plot-wise.

A good example is if the RP took them to Lehon, a place long claimed by Lord Atrox when he was led there by the sentience of the Forge and took the place over, rebuilding the Forge and trapping it within a Kython version of itself. He also created the New Sith Order (NSO), an Order dedicated to hunting down Banites and Ragers.

Now, if the RP uses a follower of Bane (Rule of Two) or a Rager, the events might attract Atrox's attention and he might send one of the other characters on a little hunt or take personal interest. That could be Darth Twilight or one of the other PCs at the NSO.

The point is restrictions can easily prevent characters from taking actions which they would normally make.

I'm not to sure what your point was but all I am saying is I think the Star Wars Galaxy should just be Star Wars Tech... There is plenty of other RPs for regular FT stuff.
Last edited by Achesia on Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:34 am

Achesia wrote:
Balrogga wrote:The one problem with limiting it to only SW tech is the long list of other players who would be excluded and unable to defend any claims on their territory if the said RP takes a turn in their direction either geographically or plot-wise.

I'm not to sure what your point was but all I am saying is I think the Star Wars Galaxy should just be Star Wars Tech... There is plenty of other RPs for regular FT stuff.

SW tech doesn't necessarily preclude others.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:37 am

Godular wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Uhh for a more even rp it dosnt make sense to mix techs. Specially if we are doing SW rp. However its ya'lls rp
Im just stating why Im reluctant to join unless it really actually was a SW rp.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:44 am

Achesia wrote:
Godular wrote:

Uhh for a more even rp it dosnt make sense to mix techs. Specially if we are doing SW rp. However its ya'lls rp

Restrictions take away from the fun. The only guide one should need is for good storytelling.
New to F7? Click here!

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:50 am

Godular wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Restrictions take away from the fun. The only guide one should need is for good storytelling.

Its not really a restriction. Its like saying you cant use MT tech in a PT rp.

CoreWorlds
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby CoreWorlds » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Achesia wrote:Its not really a restriction. Its like saying you cant use MT tech in a PT rp.

I dunno if you're into anime, but there's one called Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There.

It's basically an MT nation (Japan) vs PT nation (Fantasy Rome) and the invasion and counterattack goes about as well as you can expect horse cav to go up against armored cav. It's better than it sounds, and one of the few anime I'd recommend OG to watch.

The JSDF even got to reprise the Apocalypse Now 'Ride of the Valkyries' scene! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5-hthd39wM

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:25 pm

The point I was trying to make is if your RP restricts members of the SWG from defending already established territories both geographically or plot-wise, it prevents them from defending against possible intrusions into their domains.

The example I used pointed out Lehon belonged to Lord Atrox and his NSO hunted down Banites and Ragers. By not allowing me to use my nation to respond to your RP that took the plot to Lehon or one that involved Sith that might be hunted by the NSO, you are preventing me from defending my "territory" much the same way using FTL munitions would bypass defense of ships or even colony worlds. You would be dictating my losses (inability to react to intrusions in my area).

I used that specific example to illustrate both geographical (Lehon) and plot driven (Banite and Rager hunting) examples of how restricting established members from participating in RPs set in the SWG we helped create. There are actually only a small fraction of players here completely 100% SWG cannon.

Oh, CW, I saw Gate too. It is a good example of how two different tech levels could be forced into conflict.
Last edited by Balrogga on Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:46 pm

Balrogga wrote:The point I was trying to make is if your RP restricts members of the SWG from defending already established territories both geographically or plot-wise, it prevents them from defending against possible intrusions into their domains.

The example I used pointed out Lehon belonged to Lord Atrox and his NSO hunted down Banites and Ragers. By not allowing me to use my nation to respond to your RP that took the plot to Lehon or one that involved Sith that might be hunted by the NSO, you are preventing me from defending my "territory" much the same way using FTL munitions would bypass defense of ships or even colony worlds. You would be dictating my losses (inability to react to intrusions in my area).

I used that specific example to illustrate both geographical (Lehon) and plot driven (Banite and Rager hunting) examples of how restricting established members from participating in RPs set in the SWG we helped create. There are actually only a small fraction of players here completely 100% SWG cannon.

Oh, CW, I saw Gate too. It is a good example of how two different tech levels could be forced into conflict.

Yeah and thats my point, its not really a SW rp then, nor is it any fun that way. Anyways tootles.

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:13 am

Achesia, the issue regarding only SW tech has been addressed on numerous occasions. Largely due to the fact that we in the SWG often wish to participate with nations outside of it, the idea of keeping only SW tech inside seemed silly and counter-productive. Not to mention that a lot of my own SW-tech would have to be washed, since most of it is EU or my own development. The debate would start over what exactly is SW-tech? Do you mean canon or non-canon? What is canon? What isn't cannon? etc. It would become bogged down in opinion and counter-opinion, to no ones benefit.

There are occasionally SW-only rps out there, but they're one-offs and not full on RP groups that are dedicated to story writing.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:28 am

While we are discussing this topic, I thought I would provide a little entertainment.

If Vader had been born in our version and joined a band instead.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPV9NNvtL20

Ordering lunch

CoreWorlds
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby CoreWorlds » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:14 am

And honestly, most of us would probably reject and oppose such an attempt to make it SW-only in terms of tech. I know I would, even if I was once big in the SWG. So either way, you're kinda out of luck, even if I do think I understand where you're coming from. It's just that limitations simply will not wash because we play our nations the way we want to play, even in this version of the SWG. If you still feel like you want a SW-tech-only RP, then by all means, you may do so. It just won't happen here.
Last edited by CoreWorlds on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:32 am

CoreWorlds wrote:And honestly, most of us would probably reject and oppose such an attempt to make it SW-only in terms of tech. I know I would, even if I was once big in the SWG. So either way, you're kinda out of luck, even if I do think I understand where you're coming from. It's just that limitations simply will not wash because we play our nations the way we want to play, even in this version of the SWG. If you still feel like you want a SW-tech-only RP, then by all means, you may do so. It just won't happen here.

CW, I've never seen you so direct before. You're all grown up now. *tear*
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:21 am

The chatroom went all quiet after New Year. Put the bottle away guys :p We have things to do, planets to blow up...

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Im online now finally finished moving house and have a computer chair again :)
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:42 pm

Asfaltum wrote:The chatroom went all quiet after New Year. Put the bottle away guys :p We have things to do, planets to blow up...

I'll put it up just after I finish it off, promise.

Imkania
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Imkania » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Tag

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents