NATION

PASSWORD

The Way and the Door (FT, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Hyperspatial Travel
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

The Way and the Door (FT, open)

Postby Hyperspatial Travel » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:03 am

Two days ago, the fleet had arrived. Smooth, milky-white ships with no flaws to be seen, no openings or turrets that hinted at their existence as warships. They had simply hung there for the first day, not moving, almost as if they were mere illusions that would have evaporated like a mirage if they had been touched.

That was when the government of Arkenhas had sent out its first ship to investigate. Messages had been sent, of course, but President Varnholm had long since heard that the aliens, if that was what they were, had no intention of responding. So they had armed the warship Vakarian, and had sent it to investigate. At three-light seconds away, the Vakarian became so much superheated plasma. There had been no warning shot, no attempt to dissuade them. The eight hundred men on the cruiser had simply died.

It had been then the fleet had moved, those alien ovals swarming towards Arkenhas, pushing aside the planetary defenses as though they had been built for nothing. So now they waited, and Varnholm looked at his hands, unable to face the accusing eyes of those around him. The Opposition was clustered in the room with him, each of them nervously shifting about on the mahogany seats that had been brought half a galaxy to please him. Perhaps if he'd done more, spent more on defense, prepared Arkenhas for the invasion... perhaps they could've fended off the aliens. But he couldn't have known. He couldn't have. Arkenhas had only been in one war in the last decade, with the other single-planet power one system away, the Principality of Marek. The jumped-up tinpot prince there had attempted to invade, and over twenty warships from each side had been destroyed before they were able to push them back.

It was a staggering number for a small world such as Arkenhas, but now over a hundred ships sat in orbit, and it seemed as if one would have been enough to destroy their fleet, even had the fight been fair. He slumped further, waiting for the end to come.

A strange buzzing appeared in his ears, and he shook his head, trying to get it out. It intensified, and he looked around the room, strangely ready to forgive the culprit who had his phone on at such a desperate time. But the buzzing didn't seem to be coming from anywhere. He gritted his teeth, and a moment later, a figure appeared outside the door. Short, shorter than even the shortest member of his cabinet, and encased mostly in armour.

He gasped. He knew the theory behind faster-than-light travel, but the idea of using it on a person... that was impossible! Though, as he looked at the young man standing there, he knew the invaders were human. That was something.

"Is this a world on which one of you has the authority to make decisions?"

The voice was strange, heavily accented, and the Basic it spoke was harsh to the ear.

Varnholm looked down at the man, and, after a moment, replied.

"Those.. those who make decisions are gathered here. We are able to make a treaty with your people-"

"That will not be necessary."

The young man closed his eyes briefly, and more armoured warriors appeared behind him, two for every man in the room.

"I am Harshin. You will come with me."

He extended his arm. Varnholm walked up to the man, and Harshin smiled.

"Excellent. The hall in which you meet has been prepared. Kindly follow me."

The luxurious halls of the parliament seemed to be unreal, and Varnholm reached out to touch a tapestry, as though to reassure himself that this was real. It could not be real, but here he was. He looked over at his Vice-President, Akar Mailin.

"Akar..."

Akar smiled wanly.

"We're not dead, eh? That's something."

Harshin and his men ignored the talking, and kept moving at the pace they had before. After less than a minute had passed, they flung open the doors to the parliament hall.

"Kindly take your usual seats."

The men of the parliament did so, shuffling into their usual places, opposition on one side, government on the other.

Harshin looked around.

"Your world of Arkenhas is a former colony of ours, Zegenthis. We have accepted your presence here. However, there are areas that are now forbidden to you. They will be cordoned off by our troops. Any attempt to enter these areas will be answered by force."

A pause, and Harshin's eyes closed again for a moment, as though he were listening to some unseen voice.

"The government of Arkenhas will continue to function as it has. However, Arkenhas will no longer bear responsibility for system defence, nor will it be permitted a military fleet capable of faster-than-light travel. Secondly, the temples of the Narrow Path will be established in every city, and no attempt will be made to harm or coerce those who wish to visit them. Thirdly, foreign policy of Arkenhas is now the concern of the Unbroken Eye. Proclamations regarding trade, military' policy, and other such things will be made firstly to the Parliament, who may then disseminate them among the population or not, as you choose."

"Who-... who are you?"

Harshin looked over at Akar.

"I am Harshin."

"No, I mean, who are..."

Akar gestured helplessly.

"All of you?"

"We are the Unbroken Eye. Two thousand, five hundred and thirty-two years ago, the population of this colony was destroyed by the Enemy. In that time, many of our people have forgotten the Narrow Path. We are the Eye, however, and we do not forget. After the fall of Talyth, it was considered necessary that these worlds become ours."

"These... worlds?"

"There are thirty-six inhabited worlds no more than three jumps from Arkenhas. Twenty-one of these worlds are former Talythian colonies. The thirteen systems these worlds are in will be recovered, on similar terms to the occupation of Arkenhas. Two of these worlds are being recovered presently. With a suspected military alliance to prevent recovery of these worlds by the inhabitants of these worlds, conquest is estimated to take approximately six weeks."

"Why are you telling us this?"

"You will find some method of smuggling a message offworld, undoubtedly. It is imagined you will warn these worlds. Their knowledge of our superiority will make resistance less likely. Death is undesirable for those who have not yet walked the Path."

"I... see. What is the Path?"

"I am not a Vas-Talya. If you desire to learn more of the Path, places of learning will be built in each of your cities. This meeting is concluded."

With that, the man named Harshin walked off.

Varnholm had, of course, already begun to adapt. He had not been the most visionary of leaders, but he understood where power came from, and it seemed power now came from this... Unbroken Eye. So there it was, the new font of strength. It would be best to ingratiate himself quickly, he thought. The more he knew of these people, the less he and his would suffer.

(OOC: Open after next post.)
Huerdae: You know, I'd kick a queen in the tits if she acted like that.

Hyperspatial Travel
Diplomat

Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Hyperspatial Travel » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:13 am

Ariel and Marek had fallen all too quickly, similar terms to them being dictated to the ones at Arkenhas.

It was on Maenali that the first sign of proper resistance came. The Maenal Republics consisted of four of those thirty-six worlds in two of the thirteen systems. The Republics had a fleet of over a hundred warships, and as the first thirty warships of the Eye phased into view, they did not attack. At least, not for the moment.

Stand down your weapons, your ships, and your crew will not be harmed. It is not our desire to harm you.

This is Admiral Jack Barber of the Maenal Fleet. We will gladly negotiate, but must inform you that you are in Maenal space. We have no intention of surrendering, and if you don't leave, we might just find the desire to harm you.

A few moments later, messages from Maenal itself streamed across across hyperwave networks.

This is High President Andrew Lake of the Maenal Republics. We are under attack by an unknown force, and desire all and any assistance that can be rendered to us by any friendly powers.
Huerdae: You know, I'd kick a queen in the tits if she acted like that.

Zammora
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zammora » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:48 am

Hyperspatial Travel wrote:Ariel and Marek had fallen all too quickly, similar terms to them being dictated to the ones at Arkenhas.

It was on Maenali that the first sign of proper resistance came. The Maenal Republics consisted of four of those thirty-six worlds in two of the thirteen systems. The Republics had a fleet of over a hundred warships, and as the first thirty warships of the Eye phased into view, they did not attack. At least, not for the moment.

Stand down your weapons, your ships, and your crew will not be harmed. It is not our desire to harm you.

This is Admiral Jack Barber of the Maenal Fleet. We will gladly negotiate, but must inform you that you are in Maenal space. We have no intention of surrendering, and if you don't leave, we might just find the desire to harm you.

A few moments later, messages from Maenal itself streamed across across hyperwave networks.

This is High President Andrew Lake of the Maenal Republics. We are under attack by an unknown force, and desire all and any assistance that can be rendered to us by any friendly powers.

To: High President Andrew Lake of the Maenal Republics.
From: Officier of the State Orlan Veele, 9th Zammoran Assault Fleet
Encryption: High

This is Orlan Veele of the ninth Assault Fleet. We are ready to assist you. Please state where we are needed.

Veele pressed the "Send" button and looked around is office aboard his command-ship, the "Whisper of Terra". His office was decorated with expensive mahony plank walls and a red carpet covering the floor. Veele spoke into the intercom, "Fleet-Admiral Kain Orlus please report to the State office." A few minutes later a uniformed man appeared in the State Officiers office. Veele stretched his red Tie abit and looked at the uniformed man. Despite being on a military warship Veele wore no uniform, merely his expensive suit. The man in front of him however, did wear a uniform. It's dark blue coloured cloth was covered mostly by golden medals, commemorating many victory's against the "Enemy's of Freedom" as the Senate so delicately called it. The uniformed man saluted. "Fleet-Admiral Kain Orlus reporting sir!" he said. Veele took a sip of his cofee and nodded. "Sit down please." And so Orlus sat down on the black leathered chair. "I assume this is about the call for help we received?" he asked. The Officier of the State nodded. "Indeed, i responded to them promising our assistance. Set course to their position and get the Crew ready for battle." Orlus nodded and stood up. "It shall be done sir. " he paused briefly "For Arden!" and he walked away, hearing the Officier of the State whisper back

For Arden.
Last edited by Zammora on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
The below statement is true
The above statement is false

IC name: Hadea

IC Lawful Evil

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:56 am

Tag for future post after work
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:07 am

"This message was intercepted about an hour ago across a broad spectrum Hyperwave transmission system. On top of that we have been getting the odd reports from HIIA about an unknown enemy force which has been attacking systems within close proximity the Arkenhas system. Despite the numerous reports we have almost zero information on the enemy in terms of firepower or technology at there disposal" mentioned a senior officer who was sitting around a large wooden table along with a couple others. A crisp galactic map swirled about in a holo-display where the areas in question where highlighted and brought into full view based on the last recorded image on the systems.

"The last report suggested that the enemy force swept the planetary defenses aside without much of a fight. The Arkenhas people where a smaller single planet government, however it was not without its proper power. This force also has attacked and subjugated two other planets within short distance to the first which suggests the enemy force is very familiar with the local systems..." commented a second Senior officer before another interjected

"Are we talking about a former ruler of said systems? If that's the case how long ago did they control these planets and why did they let them go? At first glace these are simple M class planets with moderate resource deposits. And they are not particularly situated in a highly strategic position on the galactic scale. We are having our teams research other possible reasons for their occupation"

Finally the last and most senior of the group spoke...

"Dispatch the 2nd science detachment along with a small defense augment of 5 Sniper ships. We dont want to provoke the attackers unless needed. I want answers.... now"

(Hobbeebian Expeditionary Fleet Forward Command- Planet Artillius- Orbital Defense station and Spacedock Phyicon)

"So its a blind mission?" mentioned a soldier as he checked his equipment and weapon as another soldier passed by on his way to report in to his duty station.

The station was a buzz with the orders for a new mission, many where still getting use to working with other species, so for many it may prove to be a trial by fire for the crews of the ships. Ever since the orders came in the ships where being readied at a constant rate making for a wonderful display of a chaotic ballet of hulking figures which seemed to miss one another by mere inches. It was a great testimony to the skill and candor of the Hobbeebian pilots, that and the extremely streamlined designs of the ships gave greater room for error which the untrained eye would never see.

"All hands report to stations proper!" sounded an alarm as the stations shored crew finished their preparations. One by one the ships where boarded and filled with supplies before taking their position within the fleets deployment center where they would await a dime-jump authorization from command. As the final ship took its place the word from command came in giving the fleet clearance to jump to the Arkenhas system to begin their recon of the enemy force. With a slight flicker of light the fleet was gone and almost just as fast emerged at their intended destination...

For now they where alone, it was a feeling of when that swept across the crew... The waiting game had begun

Kelvoth
Secretary

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelvoth » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:48 pm

“So what do you think?”

With a sigh that seemed to originate in his toes, Dent shifted his gaze from the scattered remains of his lunch to his erstwhile companion’s pock-marked visage. Cystic acne. Untreated. Dent’s moly-circ assisted mind whirred efficiently behind the disinterested mirrors of his unremarkable brown eyes.

“Think of what, Shem?”

Shem blinked then spoke around a half-masticated mass of protein paste and lumpy whole grain bread.

“Of the invasion, Andy! Are you kidding me? Arkenhas has been invaded, man.”

Tiny bits of protein particles and bread spewed out with each syllable uttered. Dent’s mind tracked them all without his eyes ever leaving Shem’s forehead.

“I’d hardly call it an invasion, Shem. Sounds to me like these folks, whoever they are, just showed up and said they were in charge. I’ll bet they flashed some fancy tech or
something because it sure sounds like President Varnholm rolled over like a whore that just got paid.”

Shem snorted, choked briefly, and then began to laugh. He’d enjoyed the whore reference, just like Dent knew he would. Shem had exactly two pastimes; visiting whores and complaining about the government. Truth be told, complaining about the government was popular amongst the majority of the lower classes.
There were some chuckles from a nearby table as well at his comment. The workers canteen at Warren Cargo was too small to allow much privacy. In fact, Warren Cargo was itself too small to allow much privacy. Just one more cargo consolidator at the bustling space port. Dent flashed a brief grin at the three pod runners and then looked back at his friend.

“Besides, what do I care? The new folks ain’t shootin’ up the place and they ain’t restricting movement except to the “exclusion zones” and I ain’t never heading to any of those places anyway. You want to know what I think? I think I’ll just keep my head down and do my job. That’s what I think.”

Shem nodded as he sipped from his bottle of recycled water. Dent doubted that Shem had heard one word in three as, following his friend’s line of sight, he noticed that Elle from Data Management had walked in. Dent didn’t see what everyone else saw in her. If Dent had a type, Elle’s straight blond hair, ample chest, and flat buttocks wouldn’t be it. Then again, if Dent had a type, he wouldn’t be here on Arkenhas, working at the space port and sharing lunch with an over imaginative, undersexed cretin with a bad complexion. He’d be back home on Kelvoth, driving a desk or something.

Anderson Dent’s gaze returned to his lunch while his keen mind began to consider options. His first task would have to be getting word back to Kelvoth. More specifically, to the Office of Internal Security, the Dominion of Kelvoth’s main intelligence agency. His mission would change with this development. Someone was taking over the neighborhood and that wouldn’t suit Kelvoth at all.

Anderson Dent, disillusioned space port worker/Harris Shaw, Inspector, Office of Internal Security shook his head, a wry grin on his face, and shoveled another forkful of food into his mouth.
Last edited by Kelvoth on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:16 pm

OOC: Hey HT! This still good or should it be left to fade away?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents