NATION

PASSWORD

Condemning the WA

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Centraliza
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Condemning the WA

Postby Centraliza » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:14 pm

[Post Deleted by Author.]
Last edited by Centraliza on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:50 pm

"Do you seriously think that those nations who are still members of the World Assembly really give a rats ass what you, one National Leader, thinks? Honestly I find this 'Condemnation' of the WA to be rather infantile and just something that is coming from a National Leader who thinks himself as of being a Holier-Than-Thou loser. And you can quote this as coming from a non-Member of the World Assembly."
Stated by Mr. Kennith G. Terrance, the Shazbotdom Minister of Foreign Affairs, in a Television interview on Shazbotdom News Network.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:55 pm

The Dominion of North Calaveras Condemns the WA as well. We chose not to join their bickering and their bureaucracy of power hungry nations who get a high from bullying others. We stand with Centraliza in this development. They have shown time and time again to forge their little gangs and pick on those that they feel easy enough to attack. A organization such as them should be dismantled for the betterment of humanity.
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

Centraliza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Centraliza » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Last edited by Centraliza on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Are you serious?
You are?

- the yet-to-be-named-Wazkyraqi-delegate.
"Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still."

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:09 pm

You are not in the WA, thus it doesn't affect your nation when the WA chooses to pass laws. Once again, you are not a member, you are not bound by any law it passes.

- Random Unilisia Diplomat
Last edited by Unilisia on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Centraliza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Centraliza » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Last edited by Centraliza on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Centraliza wrote:
Wazkyraque wrote:Are you serious?
You are?

- the yet-to-be-named-Wazkyraqi-delegate.

Delegate of the Drifting People's Republic of Centraliza,
Vincent De La Ross

Are you serious about your Anarchism?
Unilisia wrote:You are not in the WA, thus it doesn't affect your nation when the WA chooses to pass laws. Once again, you are not a member, you are not bound by any law it passes.

- Random Unilisia Diplomat

That is precisely our point. A honest body for non-WA nations do not exists. We feel a new organization ought to be created. The WA as it's stands runs the risk of becoming a expansionist force. Once it possess it's own military force, we doubt it will merely be used for "protection".

The World Assembly does not have a military force; Such a force has been prohibited by its own laws. Your fears are unfounded.

- Random Unilisian Diplomat
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Centraliza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Centraliza » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Last edited by Centraliza on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Centraliza wrote:
Unilisia wrote:The World Assembly does not have a military force; Such a force has been prohibited by its own laws. Your fears are unfounded.

- Random Unilisian Diplomat

Vincent De La Ross

Delegate, your words are precisely why one should be cautious. Let me tell you why:

Man years ago Centraliza was member of an organization named the "Confederation of Elysium". This organization, while good intended, followed a path that parallels the present one of the World Assembly: It became increasingly involved in the policies of it's members. Laws that determined civil rights, tariff and custom duties, and even tax codes, were passed. However at this point, many nations decided instead to balk at the passed resolutions and openly rejected them. Under a emergency meeting, the CoE repealed the laws that prevented it from forming a independant force, and shortly thereafter, a resolution to vote for a unified military force was passed. Nations had either to federalize (and thus losse control thereof) their armies, or be classified as 'rogue states'. Centraliza and many other nations left before this resolution passed, effectively no longer bound to it's rulings. But, the newly-created military did not care about our sovereignity. It opnely attacked neutral and independant nations; and proceed to annex them. Were it not for Centraliza and the now defuctional League of the Free Worlds, the Confederation of Elysium would span entire solar systems, spreading totalitarianism with it.

If one does not learn from the past... One is doomed to repeat it. So history goes, delegate.

The World Assembly is not a confederation of the ignorant.

-Random Unilisian Diplomat
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

Centraliza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Centraliza » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Last edited by Centraliza on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sulfar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulfar » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:52 pm

While Sulfar does not condemn the WA and thinks of the world body as a necessary tool to ensure peace between nations, we do agree that the ability of the WA to be involved in state affairs should be removed.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:07 pm

From the Desk Of:
Chief Secretary Jonathan Beacon
YellowApple Department of International Relations

Mr. Ross:

We agree completely with your sentiments regarding the World Assembly, as they are the very reasons why the Nomadic Peoples of YellowApple is no longer a member nation. It has long disintegrated into a bureaucratic morass of an organization which we elected to no longer be a part of.

In short, we support your viewpoints, and are curious as to what solutions to this problem you have to offer.

We look forward to lasting peace and prosperity between our nations.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Beacon
Chief Secretary, YellowApple Department of International Relations

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Ravenvalles
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravenvalles » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:27 pm

We of the Republic of Ravenvalles have sat on the sidelines for a while. Concerned by the obligations attached to becoming a member of the World Assembly. We have a proud heritage of independence and self determination. Part of this heritage is several types of polyfidelity in marriage. We recoil at the thought of a well intentioned, but ill considered ruling by the WA like 'Marriage being one man and one woman'. Could truncate linear marriages, or prevent the additional spouses clause in many of our marriages from being exercised.

We of the Republic of Ravenvalles do not condemn the WA for acting in the best interest of their members, but we are not sure their priorities are the same as ours. We are interested in hearing the solutions the Drifting People's Republic of Centraliza is considering.

Alistair Harrison,
Foreign Affairs Corespondent
Republic of Ravenvalles Council
"For surely it is folly to preach to children who will be riding rockets to the moon a morality and cosmology based on concepts of Good Society and of man's place in nature that were coined before the harnessing of the horse." - Joseph Campbell

“The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have - and that is a moral problem, not an economic one.” - Paul Heyne

"the soul of a free man looks at life as a series of problems to be solved, and solves them, while the soul of a slave whines, 'What can I do who am but a slave?'" - George S. Clason

Tinis
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tinis » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Desk of the Secretary of State of the Union of Tinis - Mr. Spo

The Union of Tinis may be taking a different path then that of the nation of Centraliza, but we would like to add our voice to the chorus of nations that condemn the current incarnation of the World Assembly. The World Assembly began as a force for good in the international community by bringing us together as an international community, protecting its member nations from the aggressive and negligent actions of other nations, and protecting the basic freedoms of its people.

But in recent times it has turned towards overstepping the bounds of this basic ideal.

The World Assembly has:

Repealed its own protections provided to Humanitarian aid without passing a substitute resolution to improve upon the repeal resolution.
Repealed its own rules regarding sea law without passing a substitute to govern this very important area of international relations.
Requires that nations that have any institution of higher education offer them up to participate in a foreign exchange program, be those institutions public or private, and thus infringing on the rights of private institutions of higher education in some cases to refuse admissions to foreign citizens.
Repealed its own efforts to protect endangered species without passing a substitute resolution that improves upon the repealed resolution.
Lifted its own ban on biological weapons, a ban which, despite the flaws in the language of the original resolution, was making the international community safer, and thus this repeal has made the world a less safe place.
Repealed its own efforts to monitor the global environment, robbing many nations with the tools they need to protect their own habitats and to locate sources of climate change.
Repeatedly targeting resolutions at specific types of economies by identifying specifically companies, while having the full knowledge that some nations don't practice traditional capitalism.
Explicitly allows for the formation of international institutions of accreditation that can use any standard, be it legitimately related to academics or not, to determine the equivalent level academics between nations, without being required to share the accreditation process that such an institution uses, just the final result.
Has refused to have a sensible set of rules regarding neutral nations for most of this year.
Similarly with regards to protecting the rights of clones.
Has supported bunk science to mandate the permitting of surgical practices that do more harm then good.
Undid its own popular effort to support space research and development for the benefit of all World Assembly nations.
Dismantled the international time standard, setting back international commerce decades.

And that's just this year.

The World Assembly is abandoning its role as an international force of justice. Is removing rules of international conflict, putting all nations at risk. Is ending its efforts to bring all nations to a common level of development. Has abandoned good science. Is unfairly targeting specific economic systems for regulation, thus promoting some economic systems over others. And presently is threatening to intervene in a highly specific profession, legalizing it in all World Assembly nations, despite no evidence that such a profession is practiced legally or illicitly in all member nations. What more, this resolution is heavily reliant on past WA resolutions. If the World Assembly continues its efforts to repeal needed international rules while increasing the number of unneeded resolutions, then the assurances being made that certain resolutions will never be repealed will be but lies.

Our mounting disgust with the international community is at an all time high. We hope to be a force to change the course of the World Assembly, but all the same, we must condemn it as a body. For it has abandoned its mission and is moving towards being an organization for the regulation of internal matters of particular kinds of nation states. Hardly an international body of peace and freedom.

The Union of Tinis laughs at the partisans of the World Assembly, as they have all grown to be interventionists, be they counting themselves as supporting national sovereignty or not.

We stand at a cross roads at this time between a safe international community, and an international community dominated by an effectively fascist international state. The Union supports a safe international community and we urge all others to do so as well.

-S.of State Spo, Union of Tinis, on behalf of the First Speaker and government of the Union of Tinis, in agreement with the Chamber of Speakers

Centraliza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Centraliza » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:42 am

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:08 am

So your nation left the World Assembly for the circumcision issue, which isn't entirely unreasonable. But you mention what you consider "good" laws being repealed and not replaced by better versions. Could you cite some of these?

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

Centraliza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Centraliza » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:22 am

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:23 am

Centraliza wrote:
Southern Patriots wrote:So your nation left the World Assembly for the circumcision issue, which isn't entirely unreasonable. But you mention what you consider "good" laws being repealed and not replaced by better versions. Could you cite some of these?

Vincent De La Ross

The Union of Tinis has done so for us already. The resolotions, should you decide to view them, rest in the public database of the World Assembly itself.

Right, but which ones are you talking about. All of those repealed? Certain ones?

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

Pyeon-Gang Ho
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pyeon-Gang Ho » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:50 am

The Kingdom shares in your frustration of the World Assembly and we withdrew promptly with the overwhelming support of WA Resolution forcing nations into Legalizing Prostitution even when it goes against their core values as a nations. The appalling liberal bias of this assembly is striking and we refuse to be apart of it any longer.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:54 am

There are Dictatorships, Anarchies, Democracies and everything in the WA. The WA is not a military organisation (i.e NATO) but it is clearly something like and formerly called on NS the UN. You can create alliances like the RL NATO in the forums. Opposing other nations etc.
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:59 am

We in the F.F.C.S back the condemnation whole-heartedly and will support the uprooting of the WA in any way possible.
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

Centraliza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Centraliza » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:21 am

Last edited by Centraliza on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:03 pm

As a member of WA Kleomentia would like to know why are you scared of the WA? We are not NATO, we are a peacekeeping organization. We do not have a military force. The moment we get it, if we get it, then you should be scared. But not for now we are just a peacekeeping organization. You do not have to follow the laws of WA since you are not a member, why do you complain?
-Some Kleomentian Delegate
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb
Also, wubwubwubwubwubwubWUBwubwubwubwubwubwub...

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"We know nothing, but wish to do everything."
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Galenaima wrote:
BLASPHEMY! THERE HE IS! IMMA CUMMIN' JESUS!!!

*jumps out window*

I'm quite sure Jesus didn't wish to know that.
National Information
Join Slavya!

Alpha and Delta Pact
Envoy

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Alpha and Delta Pact » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:14 pm

The Reformed Federation of Alpha and Delta Pact was a member of the WA until yesterday. Interfering in a nation laws for example Legalizing Prostitution is not peacekeeping. I think the WA is a good idea but there is a border in how much it can interfere with a nations laws and it's crossed it. I am not condemning the WA.
Last edited by Alpha and Delta Pact on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON: [1][2][3]][4][5]
TERRORIST ALERT: [Critical][Severe][Substantial][Moderate][Low]

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents