NATION

PASSWORD

The Struggle for Freedom : Herlic OOC

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vetega
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 am

Lost Earth wrote:I am a bit confused if my men and supplies are allowed to enter and reinforce/supply the fort.

Apparently the fort is gonna be dust soon. (not my fault!!!)
Member of GESO

DefCon Level: DefCon 1
1: Total War
2: Mobilization of forces.
3: Standby/Advance Intelligence Protocols
4: Recognition of Conflict/Embargo's and other non-violent threats
5: Peacetime

Donald Trump is evil. He must burn.
See with your mind's eye what your eyes cannot see.
'War is in our blood. It's a part of Vetegan history. We cannot escape who we are, so we've learned to embrace it. Now look at us, the Triumvirate is one the most powerful nations on this world. You can't say we didn't achieve anything else of value now.' -Supreme Commander Izon Destraud the Second

Jackiastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jackiastan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:58 pm

I (and obviously Vetega) am just gonna keep playing. Lowenmahne, just start, Muratonia can moderate when he returns, but he's obviously absent for now. And Lost Earth, I would evacuate the base....
Post this in your sig if you think communism and absolute leadership is never the answer.
'Capitalism is extremely simple, brutal, and it works. Communism is very complicated, completely humane and doesn't work at all.'

Wars fought in: Herlic crisis ( http://tinyurl.com/Herlic )

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Galloism wrote:They've been secretly taking over for years.

That explains why we don't have flying cars yet.

Fucking Amish Illuminati.

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Jackiastan wrote:I (and obviously Vetega) am just gonna keep playing. Lowenmahne, just start, Muratonia can moderate when he returns, but he's obviously absent for now. And Lost Earth, I would evacuate the base....

Good advice :)
Member of GESO

'War is in our blood. It's a part of Vetegan history. We cannot escape who we are, so we've learned to embrace it. Now look at us, the Triumvirate is one the most powerful nations on this world. You can't say we didn't achieve anything else of value now.' -Supreme Commander Izon Destraud the Second

The Murray Dynasty
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murray Dynasty » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:19 pm

The Murray Dynasty has sent aide to the Republic to assist in its war efforts. We have 1 AirCraft Carrier, 1 Destroyer, and 2 Merchant ships waiting off the coast of the Republic's large industrial complex to the south there we will unload supplies to feed the region and 50,000 soldiers led by Brigadier General Nicholas R. Murray. Our mission is to prevent the Monarchy from capturing this Industrial complex and any of the near by populace. We do not wish full blown war with the opposition, but for expansion interests want to keep the Republic alive for potential alliances down the road. Upon the acceptance of aide our troops will move to relieve any defensive units in this region to free up more men for the fight on the front lines. Our navy is led by Admiral Joseph Beal he will keep the destroyer and AirCraft carrier from docking to hold an opening to prevent blockade. The Murray Dynasty has spent a large amount of its resources working on its military abilities so these men are very well trained in what they do.
Defcon:
[5]

Factbook and Map (Work in progress)=
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=206083

Jackiastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jackiastan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Murray Dynasty, how do 1 aircraft carrier and 1 destroyer equal 50000 troops? The only way that is possible is if your aircraft carrier is empty of aircraft. Also, your military is waaaaay too big in relation to the size of your nation. My country isn't much bigger than yours, and I have I think around 5000 troops deployed, with 30 or so helis and 10 jets. I'm not playing with overwhelming force, I'm playing smart. Although I am not the OP, I speak for the other players and for common sense when I ask you to change these things.
Post this in your sig if you think communism and absolute leadership is never the answer.
'Capitalism is extremely simple, brutal, and it works. Communism is very complicated, completely humane and doesn't work at all.'

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Agreed. And how on earth do you think that small force will be able to stop a blockade? I really want to know this. Because I brought 4 fleets. 4. Not all of them are in the fight yet, but they will be here eventually(i cant wait til i change sides). You won't be ablt to stop me if I decide I want said Industrial Center.

Oh and that reminds me. Jackiastan, when I turn we'll be on the same side no? Maybe we should start talking about ways for me not to completely annihilate your forces. The admiral plans on doing this. Me thinks the Admiral should die so Karen can take his place, buuuttt I don't know how he would be defeated since he is surrounded by the Darkstar Fleet and elements from the soon to come Ceberus Fleet. Ideas?
Member of GESO

The Murray Dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Murray Dynasty » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:16 pm

OOC: Honestly 50,000 soldiers is not that bad for 14 million people if you actually look into it my Military service is required everyone must serve. We are coming in peace for said industrial complex, I had no idea of a blockade and the Murray Dynasty has no true strong airforce we have two defensive jets and 10 cheap transport helios to get around. Our merchant ships are not full of supplies on many of our ships our soldiers are carried on them, think about it you pack soldiers on all those ships and you make your way in. We are not looking for full blown war if need be we will fight. If you want the industrial sector take it the Murray Dynasty, note I am sorry for any confusion I really should not post at 11 at night. Futhermore we are there for aide and defence of the people the we wish to prevent the monarchy from seizing the land, but if so they may enter and claim it as their own. Honestly any nation could rape us but we wish entry to better the region.
Last edited by The Murray Dynasty on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Defcon:
[5]

Lowenmahne
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lowenmahne » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Your soldiers are dead, they have no supplies, no support, and no navy. If Vetega wanted to kill them, he'd sink your ships and they'd die. Or if he let you land, wait till they ran out of food, water, and ammo and annihilated them with artillery.

tl;dr revise your orbat
Of all difficulties since the inception of our state, all pale before the challenge of the creation of a demonym.

Jackiastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jackiastan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:27 am

@ Vetega:

We abandon our naval assets after evacuating to the island, and launch a final salvo of missiles at the enemy fleet. We target the supercarriers Ticonderoga and Ikaruga, both giant ships where I imagine the Admiral will be. We do this after an informant (perhaps Karen?) in the enemy fleet warns of an impending railgun strike (violating the terms of the treaty i just proposed IC.) the Admiral is killed, but all Jackiastani naval assets are destroyed or captured by the Vetegan fleet. After realizing the brutality of the Admiral (who was on the side of the Royalists), Karen takes command and orders part of the fleet to the side of the Rebels.The rest of the fleet remains loyal to the Vetegan govt and the Royals, but after much of its fleet defects the Vetegan govt realizes the will of the people and, to avoid bloody infighting in the 2 factions of the fleet in a war it really doesnt care much about, orders the Royalist fleet to solve the Herlic crisis, but not neccessarily in the Royalists' favor. The fleet (after suffering considerable losses) then contacts the Jackiastani navy-in-exile and offers to return its lost ships, and they fight the Royalists together (the Royalists at this point being Lost Earth and Muratonia, if he ever returns)

The Murray Dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Murray Dynasty » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:15 am

As our troops advanced we ran into the blockade of the enemy nation and beat a hasty retreat outside their waters without facing conflict. Until the blockade is overcome the Murray Dynasty will be shuffling around in the seas outside Herlic, to avoid further conflict, our troops are on standby for this action to happen. The Murray Dynasty is more of a strong land force and seeks no naval conflict with any superior nation.

ooc: Hope this clears up the confusion, did not know of a blockade.
Defcon:
[5]

Lost Earth
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Earth » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:57 am

The Murray Dynasty wrote:As our troops advanced we ran into the blockade of the enemy nation and beat a hasty retreat outside their waters without facing conflict. Until the blockade is overcome the Murray Dynasty will be shuffling around in the seas outside Herlic, to avoid further conflict, our troops are on standby for this action to happen. The Murray Dynasty is more of a strong land force and seeks no naval conflict with any superior nation.

ooc: Hope this clears up the confusion, did not know of a blockade.

OOC: You should probably RP this stuff in the RPing thread and just keep this thread for OOC.
The Republic of Lost Earth
Population: 3.022 Billion
Check out our fact book on our nation's page!
Government:
Executive
King Jonathan II (elected)
Chancellor Woofen
Vice Chancellor Squrile
Judicary
World Judge Von Clar
Council of Vice Judges (7 members)
Legislative
Assembly of Commons (60 elected members)
Military:
Defense: $8,723,179,917,152.61

Jackiastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jackiastan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:23 pm

This thread is dying. Vetega and I seem to be the only ones posting semi-regularly. If we want to save this thread, we need an active controlling party to advance the story, and according to my dossier Muratonia hasn't logged on in 4 days, so should we have someone take over as the rebel and royalist forces? (I don't know if this is allowed or, if so, when the appropriate amount of time has passed for us to hijack the thread, so someone feel free to yell at me if I'm in the wrong here)

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:07 am

I will edit my post because I got on the IC before i came here(mistake). I like your plan. But I will dial back some the losses for my side. I'm involved in a few other wars and I need those fleets lol. I'm thinking Darkstar will be brought down to 14 ship during the little civil war thing after the Admiral is killed. Ceberus will be untouched, so that I can use it to help the rebels later and keep control of the remainder of your ships. I'll take two whole fleets out of the battle when Karen goes up against the ne commander of the remaining fleet loyal to the gov't and the royalists. This'll be good.

And I thik we need a new OP. Muratonia has been gone awhile. At least when I leave for a bit I still manage to post something right? Someone TG him/her.
Member of GESO

Lowenmahne
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lowenmahne » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:36 pm

I TG'd muratonia a while back, and he didn't respond. So I'm guessing he is gone.

I'd join the rebels, but that wouldn't make sense ICly at all.

Vetega, maybe I should just arrive and start slaughtering people, allowing you to join the rebels. Then stuff will be more balanced.
Of all difficulties since the inception of our state, all pale before the challenge of the creation of a demonym.

Lost Earth
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Earth » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:15 pm

Without Muratonia posting, the progovernment forces seem to have a massive disadvantage compared to prerebel. My troops are simply hunkering down deep within a forest since their airship was obliterated and the 2800 men can't get off the island. Thankfully they've got lots of supplies, but still, they don't feel like going up against tens of housands of troops plus the rebels.
Government:
Executive
Chancellor Woofen
Vice Chancellor Squrile
Judicary
World Judge Von Clar
Legislative
Military:

Jackiastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jackiastan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:41 pm

OK, here's my proposal. Vetega blows up my navy before switching sides. Lowenmahne stays with the Royalists (youre on the side of the Royalists, right?) and since Muratonia is obviously not here, I'll take over as the Rebels and Royalists since my fleet will mostly be gone. Since this will leave Vetega on his own against Lowenmahne and Lost Earth, I'll play with the Rebels having the upper hand over the Royalists, though less military strength, because they are viewed in a mostly positive light on the island and they know the island better than the Royalist forces. My navy will be mostly inactive, but could support Vetega in some military operations. All in favor?

New Mandicoria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Mandicoria » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:59 pm

New Mandicoria supports a republic because we know the hardships of forming a new republic thats why we fought for freedom from our brother nation the USSM. They may say different but they would never support monarchies.
Puppet of Mandicoria

A nation where Mercenaries rule and offer contract work worldwide.

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:28 am

I'm in agreement. This will be interesting. Now, when will all this get started because I edited my post to make it so that the Admiral has directly fired on everyone in the area. This way, Karen is now against him, and Jakistani naval forces will be somewhat annihilated. While my railguns are powerful I'll have to work in a weakness somewhere so that I won't be accused of godmodding later lol.
Maybe something with power distribution....
Member of GESO

Lost Earth
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Earth » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:57 am

Vetega wrote:I'm in agreement. This will be interesting. Now, when will all this get started because I edited my post to make it so that the Admiral has directly fired on everyone in the area. This way, Karen is now against him, and Jakistani naval forces will be somewhat annihilated. While my railguns are powerful I'll have to work in a weakness somewhere so that I won't be accused of godmodding later lol.
Maybe something with power distribution....

Well, one of the problems with rail guns is that for one they take a while to charge up, which you have already taken into account. However, their biggest problem is very very short barrel life and it basically takes a ship yard to replace the barrels because of their complexity. So you could RP the factor that you could only take about 20 shots before being burnt our by the massive plasma discharge of firing. Your commander would then have to limit his shooting greatly, only using rail guns for absolutely necessary engagements.
Government:
Executive
Chancellor Woofen
Vice Chancellor Squrile
Judicary
World Judge Von Clar
Legislative
Military:

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:36 pm

That sounds good. I forgot about all of that stuff(I need to research the topic better next time). Thank you.
Member of GESO

Lowenmahne
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lowenmahne » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Look. Railguns aren't modern tech (going on what NSD says here, and the fact that they haven't been deployed yet).

I don't want to make an issue of it, but since we might have a naval engagement, I'd like to ask that you not use them. It's not like they're better, really - they have huge charge up, massive barrel wear, and huge recoil, for the ability to do what VLS, planes, and guns can do already.
Last edited by Lowenmahne on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:00 pm

anyone else have a problem with me using railguns. I'll use them with all the disadvantages.
Member of GESO

Jackiastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jackiastan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:26 pm

I'll make my IC post just after this one (and then mostly shift towards the role of OP), but I could damage/destroy your rail guns if you like in my final attack

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:22 am

Jackiastan wrote:I'll make my IC post just after this one (and then mostly shift towards the role of OP), but I could damage/destroy your rail guns if you like in my final attack

Damage them. This way I won't be able to use all of them for a time.
Member of GESO

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents