NATION

PASSWORD

The Colonial Crisis (OOC MT Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Nalaya wrote:
Kalumba wrote:
That's where i am thinking another conference could be arranged if Norvenia recieves more accurate information and pressures Kalumba into another conference.

That's what we figured.

Well let's see what happens :) i am off to bed so let us see what the morning brings.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

Lydenburg
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Kalumba wrote:That's where i am thinking another conference could be arranged if Norvenia recieves more accurate information and pressures Kalumba into another conference.

After this latest conference, it will take much to pressure Cyanna into any more talks with Kalumba or Norvenia, either one. Lydenburg may send a representative, however, if the situation becomes serious enough.

The rise of tensions over Kahali National Park and the closing of the border will likely send a few people in Cyanna's government and military completely ballistic.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Norvenia
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:47 am

Kalumba wrote:
Nalaya wrote:

That's where i am thinking another conference could be arranged if Norvenia recieves more accurate information and pressures Kalumba into another conference.

I'm up for that.

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm assuming that Kalumba is partly jungle and partly savannah and has many villages and mostly dirt roads, and that the Bvumba mountains are low enough to be covered in jungle and support villages. If any of these assumptions are incorrect, let me know and I'll edit my upcoming IC post.
Last edited by Norvenia on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Yes, that is basically Kalumba's geography. However the Bvumba Mountains do not have many villages despite the low heights.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Livensola, do you want to send a diplomat to Kalumba to establish some form of agreement on defence and trade between our nations? You are not involved in the current hostile conferences, so this could be a way for you to become more involved in the RP if you want to :)

Also anyone else who wants to get more involved Kalumba is open to talks with anyone, except those dirty Vatani and Cyannans.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Lydenburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Kalumba wrote:Livensola, do you want to send a diplomat to Kalumba to establish some form of agreement on defence and trade between our nations? You are not involved in the current hostile conferences, so this could be a way for you to become more involved in the RP if you want to :)

Also anyone else who wants to get more involved Kalumba is open to talks with anyone, except those dirty Vatani and Cyannans.

Kalumba, will your government likely be more receptive to representatives from Lydenburg than Cyanna? Please keep in mind that Prime Minister Grimberg in Lydenburg regards his Cyannan counterpart as a political rival, and the current Lydenburgher regime has accordingly distanced itself from Van Rooyen's administration.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Lydenburg wrote:
Kalumba wrote:quote]

Kalumba, will your government likely be more receptive to representatives from Lydenburg than Cyanna? Please keep in mind that Prime Minister Grimberg in Lydenburg regards his Cyannan counterpart as a political rival, and the current Lydenburgher regime has accordingly distanced itself from Van Rooyen's administration.

Kalumba will be much more open and receptive towards Lydenburg than anyone from Cyanna, especially if they do not view Cyanna with friendship.

This is assuming Omeru is still in power at the end of the conference, i haven't decided how the coup attempt will turn out or when/if it will occur.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Keznov
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Keznov » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:44 am

Nation Name: Kyessa

Government Style: Military Junta, though they just maintain leadership of the military and keep order, the rest is left to a Kyessan Citizens Council(KCC). So I would technically call it a Militaristic Democratic Republic.

Colonial Master: The Keznovian Republic

RP Example: Refer to the Africa, Pawn of Nations.

Population: 8.5 Million, 8% Settlers(680,000)

Military Size:
Army- 15,000
Navy- 17,500
Air Force- 7,000
Total- 39,500

Brief History of your Colony:

The Island of Kyessa, as it is known as today, was found by accident in 1857 when a Keznovian vessel heading for another colony veered off course, the ship stopped near the island and sent a few crewmen to shore, they found the island inhabited by friendly natives who offered them food. They quickly sent word to Captain who informed the passengers. Some 200 passengers asked to disembark here, the Captain accepted and had some crewmen go with them. The vessel then went to the original destination, where word spread of this new Island, many asked the Captain to go to this island, he agreed and took 400 people there on his way back to Keznov. They joined the 200 there who had founded a new settlement called Dellumstown. The Captain and his vessel then made it back to Keznov and news spread up to the President, who proclaimed the island a colony of Keznov, immediatly he dispatched 155 soldiers and 1,200 civilians. They landed there in 1858, Dellumstown was already bustling now with its 644 settlers. Supplies came from Keznov and its other colonies to supply the building of new houses.

Now in 1864, 7 years after its founding as colony, Kyessa as it was now called had 4,600 settlers, 2,890 of which were in Dellumstown, the main settlement of the colony. The natives were being inducted into the Keznov Society steadily and peacefully. There was already inter marriages between the settlers and the natives. For the next 70 years the colony grew rapidly, but then in 1934, tension broke out between the Keznovian Republic and its colony of Kyessa, the people there no longer called themselves Keznovians, they rightfully said they were Kyessans. The government put up verbal objections that were ignored. Finally in 1947, after riots and other issues, the Keznovian Government finally gave the colony its right to govern itself, it would remain a Keznovian Colony, but have its own representation.

In 1948, the Kyessan Citizens Council(KCC), a government body made up of 300 elected representatives was founded. They Kyessans were also given their own defence force, originally made up of 2,000 men. In 1951, the Kyessans demanded total independance, the Keznovian Government, weak after a civil war buckled and gave them a right to have a referendum for indepedance, the referendum was voted in favor of by 100%. So, officially on March 8th, 1952 the Kyessans were given their indepdance as Republic. The Kyessan Citizens Council remained the main government body, it also voted in Charles F. Kellendof, a white nationalist, as its first Prime Minister, he led a very authoritarian regime very unpopular with the population, so in early 1953, the Military, led by Major General Alexander F. Exley overthrew him, he was arrested and sentenced to 58 years in prison for his abuse of power.

Major General Alexander F. Exley then announced that him and the rest of the top military leaders would be forming a Military Junta, with that Junta controlling the Military and Police forces, he left the Kyessan Citizens Council intact and announced that it manage the rest of the daily affairs of the Republic. Alexander F. Exley also assumed the role of President(Head of State), a position left vacant since the indepedance in 1952. A new Prime Minister, John Batu, was voted into power by the KCC. The United Democratic Front remained the largest and most powerful in the KCC. Then in early 1994, at the age of 71, Major General Alexander Exley, President and Head of the Military Junta died. The KCC and Military Junta both backed another major military figure, Colonel Charles Jones, who was a favorite of Exley. A poll was then presented to the people who voted 87.9% in favor of him becoming President. Officially on June 8th, 1994 he was sworn in as President. He has remained President since then, with different Prime Ministers being elected during his Presidency.

(also then, just to make it more obvious, I pick the Island place on the map(number 1))
Last edited by Keznov on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:22 pm

Keznov- Accepted. The date is 14th November 2011, but remember your tech level is going to be closer to 1980s than 2000 so no nukes, F-22s and M1A1 Abrams please.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm going to wait on showing anyone's arrival until Vatan and Cyanna show their arrivals as well. Then I'll deal with everyone at once.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Can everyone actually interested in carrying on the RP let me know, so i can open up more places if anyone else is interested.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:54 pm

I'll carry on. It's been an insane week, but I'll be able to post very regularly next week.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Norvenia wrote:I'll carry on. It's been an insane week, but I'll be able to post very regularly next week.

No worries, this was more aimed at the nations who have only made one or two posts so far :)
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Nalaya
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:16 pm

Kalumba wrote:
Norvenia wrote:I'll carry on. It's been an insane week, but I'll be able to post very regularly next week.

No worries, this was more aimed at the nations who have only made one or two posts so far :)

New Edom had expressed some interest, so we might see him. He's an excellent RPer.
Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?
- Pope Julius III

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:36 pm

I have a couple of important essays due in on friday, so i will be keeping away from NS to focus on finishing them off. But expect me back at the weekend.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:33 pm

The Allied States of New Edom would like to join this rp as itself, in support of its ally Nalaya, largely in the capacity of intelligence, diplomacy, economic involvement and possibly small scale military involvement. I can't tell from this if all the colonial positions are taken, but I could also possibly rp an insurgency group or missions organization. What New Edomite businesses will be interested in is acting as brokers for natural resources in the area.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Just a general apology for disappearing like i did, but if you knew Salford University internet security you wouldn't be surprised. I had to completely wipe my new laptop and intall an oder version of Window to get the network to recognise it existed.

Anyway whinging over, i hope everyone is still interested and maybe some new people will be attracted to the RP, but whatever lt's try and ressurect this thing.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:57 am

Since we're about to actually start fighting the BAPL, I wanted to make sure, Kalumba, that you were going to be RPing them. So if the Norvenians start scouring Kahali with UAVs to find the BAPL, you'll be the one to say if they find anything, right?

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Norvenia wrote:Since we're about to actually start fighting the BAPL, I wanted to make sure, Kalumba, that you were going to be RPing them. So if the Norvenians start scouring Kahali with UAVs to find the BAPL, you'll be the one to say if they find anything, right?

Indeed i will, but feel free to RP finding small arms caches or the like.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:27 pm

Just a general point, Kariba is a good distance from Kahali so i would suggest Norvenia that you base your troops at Gwelo airbase for operations in Kahali. You can share the airbase and barracks with Kalumban troops.

Lydenburg it's your choice if the Tsete interceptor spots the helicopter. It will be flying along a pre-designated route so is unlikely to spot the chopper if it sticks at low level, but i you fancy bringing Kalumba and Cyanna even closer to war it's your call.

As for the 'Great Storm'; this will make air travel almost impossible and sea journey's ardous and very risky. Communications will take a hit. 60% of satellite communications will be lost and 80% of radio ones. If you have any suggestions on how the storm should work or any changes to the limitations it will put in place, please let me know. It will last about two weeks and i will post when it has ceased to be an issue.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:30 am

I have done the research on the destructive capacity of submunition warheads and cruise missiles, so I can present figures if requested to back up my assertions in my last IC post. It may seem like numbers-spamming, but I can assure you that it's not. I just wanted to reassure everyone of that now.

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:35 am

Kalumba wrote:Just a general point, Kariba is a good distance from Kahali so i would suggest Norvenia that you base your troops at Gwelo airbase for operations in Kahali. You can share the airbase and barracks with Kalumban troops.

Lydenburg it's your choice if the Tsete interceptor spots the helicopter. It will be flying along a pre-designated route so is unlikely to spot the chopper if it sticks at low level, but i you fancy bringing Kalumba and Cyanna even closer to war it's your call.

As for the 'Great Storm'; this will make air travel almost impossible and sea journey's ardous and very risky. Communications will take a hit. 60% of satellite communications will be lost and 80% of radio ones. If you have any suggestions on how the storm should work or any changes to the limitations it will put in place, please let me know. It will last about two weeks and i will post when it has ceased to be an issue.

Right. Sorry. I already have the Fourth Infantry in Gwelo anyway. I'll edit.

Lydenburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:22 am

Norvenia wrote:I have done the research on the destructive capacity of submunition warheads and cruise missiles, so I can present figures if requested to back up my assertions in my last IC post. It may seem like numbers-spamming, but I can assure you that it's not. I just wanted to reassure everyone of that now.

Eh, still no need to use a machine gun on a cockroach, so to speak...

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:42 am

Lydenburg wrote:
Norvenia wrote:I have done the research on the destructive capacity of submunition warheads and cruise missiles, so I can present figures if requested to back up my assertions in my last IC post. It may seem like numbers-spamming, but I can assure you that it's not. I just wanted to reassure everyone of that now.

Eh, still no need to use a machine gun on a cockroach, so to speak...

Except to make a point. If the attempted coup looks like it had a chance at success, then there might be another one. If it leaves nothing behind it but a smoking crater pour encourager les autres, any future disgruntled generals are going to think very carefully about what the future holds before they attempt another coup.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents