NATION

PASSWORD

The Garrisson Agreement (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zellatia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2008
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Zellatia » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:42 pm

Zeln smiled as the man ran into Scott's arms. He knew this was what was likely going to result, but he didn't think it would make him this happy to see the amnesiatic soldier finally have a way to get home, wherever in New Hayesalia he was from. He spoke to the New Hayesalian group, "I believe that the press conference is ready. Further, the Emperor himself has flown down to the stadium. I really hope that this doesn't cause a problem".

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:37 am

"Absolutely not," said Hayes, accent ringing. "It'll be a pleasure to see him again."

Hayes and Scotts signed documents releasing the man. He seemed to hate this place and everyone in it. He seemed to become normal after the signing-out, but weak and ecstatic. "Hunger strikes, never said why." said the receptionist.

The group loaded back into the car, man in tow. He was still amazed to be here, and remembered enough to identify himself as Lance Corporal Kevin Hill, and he said he had been captured by Maxedon's forces in the war. He was listed as KIA, presumed MIA.

He would have a happy family.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:39 am

Soon the entourage arrived at the stadium, where a crowd had already gathered. Waiting at the entrance was the Emperor, smiling and waving towards the crowds. It was evident he had already finished a short speech as some people were still clapping. However, a small group was protesting nearby, and when they saw the limo holding the diplomats, they surrounded the vehicle, not allowing anyone to get out. Quickly, a shot fired into the air, and the protestors scattered, dropping their signs and pickets. The Emperor, holding a smoking pistol chuckled, " For Zell's sake, I thought we had already gotten past this Xenophobia. Prime Minister, I hope they didn't scare you. Come in when you are ready, I will await you inside!" and he entered the building.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:23 pm

The Prime Minister wasn't scared too much. The Spetzgruppa Nachan'nik meanwhile were ready to draw their submachine guns if need be. Fortunately, the emperor seemed to have solved that. Air Chief Marshal Scotts was slighly ahead of them. She had drawn her Makarov, hiding it from view. It used to be Hayes'. It had been engraved beautifully, coated in gold leaf and with a variety of 'cool' things. It still fired 9mm rounds.

Hayes exited the limo, tightly surrounded by the SN. As did the Ministers and the ACM. The group smiled and waved, as they went into the building. The SN waited with a few agents at the door. They'd already scoped out the area.

Hayes walked alongside his guide dog, a Border Collie, and caught up with the emperor. He asked the Emperor how he was today.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:51 pm

"Daniel, my friend, I have had an interesting day. First I wake up to here I have another suiter, who turns out to be snob of all things, so I turned her down. She stormed off and said she would go marry the Emperor of another nation, the nerve of some people. Then some idiot decides he can stab me. Course, he's in the hospital with a broken wrist and a ruptured kidney, while I just feel a bit tired. Oh, and those protestors. Feckin' morons. They always seem to show up at the most inoppurtune time. My friend, how has YOUR day been?" said the Emperor, incquiring on his friend's condition.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:56 am

"All things considered, uneventful. Found an old soldier from the civil war. We'll bring him home. So tell me, what's your goal for this meeting?"

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:09 am

The Emperor smiled, " You know, to have our countries allied of eternity, that type of thing. Oh, and to sign an agreement. You're here to sign it, so I thought it appropriate to fly down. Sorry I wasn't here earlier, I was still dealing with the assassination attempt when we got word of your arrival. And here we are".

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Hayes sat, led by his guide dog, a Border Collie. She sat at his feet and looked around, protecting him from any possible threats. "Alright, we've had some documents made up for you. Have a look..."

CIVILIAN AGREEMENT

1. All Zellatian and Hayesalian citizens will be eligible to apply for a dual citizenship, any person of Zellatian or Hayesalian citizenship who is working in the other nation is eligible to citizenship in that nation and their application will take priority over others from other nations;

2. A Zellatian or Hayesalian passport will be enough authorization to be able to travel to the other nation;

3. Zellatian or Hayesalian tourists in the other nation will be treated the same way as a citizen of said country and will have access to the same protection and benefits as a citizen, including employment and residency;

4. Any tourism tax or fees on visiting tourist sites controlled by the government will be waved or alleviated depending on the price for citizens of Zellatian or Hayesalian citizenship;

5. Any trade tariff taxing the other nation's industry exports into the other nation will be waved or lessened, incentives will be given to companies who regularly trade to the other nation to encourage active trade between our markets;

6. Zellatian or Hayesalian workers will be given the same wages and benefits as a citizen who was born in the country in question when working in the other country;

7. Both governments cannot give refugee to criminals from the other nation;

8. On crimes/crises which will/can affect both nations both nation's law enforcement should cooperate to solve the issue at hand;

9. Transportation Safety shall be monitored and investigated by a joint authority;

10. It is encouraged that educational and research institutions follow similar guidelines and share research and innovation;

11. The exhumation of New Hayesalian war dead and reparations from the Zellatian Civil War shall be foremost in this agreement to support development in these nations.

MILITARY AGREEMENT
1. The Democratic Empire and the Greater Island Kingdom will assist each nation by jointly funding research projects for the furtherment of military intelligence;

2. The Democratic Empire and the Greater Island Kingdom shall both make an investiture in the New Hayesalian developed Ground Sea Air Missile System (GSAMS) in order to ensure national hydrospace, aerospace, and ground protection;

3. The Democratic Empire will have full access to the usage of the Sea Land Air Missile System (SLAMS) in reconnaissance and offensive measures;

4. The Greater Island Kingdom will be permitted to request the usage of Zellatian special weapons in a war on New Hayesalian soil, if need be;

5. The Intelligence Services of The Democratic Empire and of the Greater Island Kingdom will conference in a matter in which the applicable security administrators of both nations will be permitted to acknowledge allied reports;

6. Military Bases will be joint New Hayesalian-Zellatian National Soil, and will fly the flags of both nations in accordance with those nations regulations. These bases may be used and funded by either nation, or both;

7. The New Hayesalian Military and associated organisations will accept nationals of The Democratic Empire to serve in the New Hayesalian Military, and the Rustikan Military and associated organisations will accept New Hayesalian nationals to serve in The Democratic Empire's military and associated oganisations;

8. Members of both nations will allow Officers, Non commissioned Officers, and General Enlisted from the other nation access to specialty schooling and training, if slotting is available. This will help ensure an even closer bond between forces and help ensure a smooth integration and transition;

9. Servicepersons of both nations will be permitted to wear decorations of the other nation, if awarded;

10. An official military justice code will be redrawn to encompass both the military law of the Rustikan Military, Zellatian Military and New Hayesalian Military, with judges formed from both nations;

11. The Greater Island Kingdom and The Democratic Empire will engage in major wargames biannually;

12. The Greater Island Kingdom of New Hayesalia and the The Democratic Empire of Zellatia will support each nation in times of need or war, except under the agreement of both nations.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:50 pm

"It looks good," the Emperor started, " I agree with all that is presented in this deal. I shall sign it immediately".

With that he signed the document and pushed it over to his friend and fellow leader, Daniel Hayes.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:32 am

Hayes took the paper and pen. Scotts guided his finger to the line, and he signed it unassisted. The day was finished with no fanfare, no discussion.

Zellatia and New Hayealia were allies.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents