NATION

PASSWORD

Do not post here, closed

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Isolated China wrote:To: All whom it concerns.
From: Xiang Qui, leader of the People's Proud Republic of China

Dear nations of the world,
It seems as though you have dared to invade our ally, Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia. You are bold to attempt such, and for your courage, we commend you. However, this is where China draws the lines. Anyone whosoever dares to enter our ally's territory, shall feel true suffering. China will not tolerate the damaging of our ally's sovereign integrity, and declares that all nations respect it, or feel true wrath. You have been warned. China is not to be mocked, neither are our allies. Pray to your gods that you receive mercy, for I can promise you this. Mercy, shall not be given. Your victory shall not come. For China, shall make things right.
Again, we warn you of such a grave mistake that you happen to be willing to make. For such the mistake, will only cause your doom.

Xiang Qui,

How ironic it is that you want us to value Japan's sovereign integrity, yet you do nothing when Japan violated Maryginia's? Take the beams out of your eyes before you condemn us.

Signed,
Abishag Korey,
Foreign Minister

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Isolated China
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Dear Abishag,

How funny you say this, yet you do not look at what you are doing. I only laugh at you. Maryginia gave their decision. They could've fought to the bitter end, but their tactical stupidity, their ineffective defense, ultimately led them to be conquered. This world does not take kindly to weaklings, and insolence. You'd be wise to learn that lesson, before you fall under the same grave fate that Maryginia had happen to her. Again, we make this warning quite clear. Stop your pitiful invasion, before you provoke something you cannot handle, in a cause, that, I promise you, will end in failure.

Signed,
Xiang Qui.
Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
- Lao Tzu
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
- Sun Tzu
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
- Chinese Proverb

Self-Declared Grammar Communist of the World
TG Box is open for discussing, help, or just flat-out conversation. Feel free to message me anytime!
Oh and I'm back.

Belfras
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Belfras » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:33 pm

It seems as though you have dared to invade our ally, Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia. You are bold to attempt such, and for your courage, we commend you. However, this is where China draws the lines. Anyone whosoever dares to enter our ally's territory, shall feel true suffering. China will not tolerate the damaging of our ally's sovereign integrity, and declares that all nations respect it, or feel true wrath. You have been warned. China is not to be mocked, neither are our allies. Pray to your gods that you receive mercy, for I can promise you this. Mercy, shall not be given. Your victory shall not come. For China, shall make things right.
Again, we warn you of such a grave mistake that you happen to be willing to make. For such the mistake, will only cause your doom.

[img=http://media.strategywiki.org/images/7/7f/ChinaOpening2.JPG]Image[/img]

It is strange how you would make such a bold threat against nations who vastly outnumber you. Indeed, Lamoni or The Administratum (Useful-Daveia) could match your forces without the rest of the Coalitions involvement.

Please, attend the diplomatic meeting - Violence gets nowhere, Talking does.

Demonym is Belfrasian, currency is Lira

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:35 pm

Belfras wrote:

[img=http://media.strategywiki.org/images/7/7f/ChinaOpening2.JPG]Image[/img]

It is strange how you would make such a bold threat against nations who vastly outnumber you. Indeed, Lamoni or The Administratum (Useful-Daveia) could match your forces without the rest of the Coalitions involvement.

Please, attend the diplomatic meeting - Violence gets nowhere, Talking does.

Peace is on the agenda, but again. You do not know what we at China, have up in arms. For all you know, we could have something that, I promise you, would defeat you in but an instant. You fight for an unjust cause. But we will indulge, and attend the meeting. So long as the other nations come, with the intent of peace.
Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
- Lao Tzu
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
- Sun Tzu
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
- Chinese Proverb

TG Box is open for discussing, help, or just flat-out conversation. Feel free to message me anytime!
Oh and I'm back.

Korean Pheonix
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Korean Pheonix » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Isolated China wrote:Dear Abishag,

How funny you say this, yet you do not look at what you are doing. I only laugh at you. Maryginia gave their decision. They could've fought to the bitter end, but their tactical stupidity, their ineffective defense, ultimately led them to be conquered. This world does not take kindly to weaklings, and insolence. You'd be wise to learn that lesson, before you fall under the same grave fate that Maryginia had happen to her. Again, we make this warning quite clear. Stop your pitiful invasion, before you provoke something you cannot handle, in a cause, that, I promise you, will end in failure.

Signed,
Xiang Qui.

Dear Xiang Qui,

I am taking military action against Lamoni or the others. Stand with me, comrade. If Japan does not succeed in negotiations, then it will be war. I am sending you a shipment of 10 nukes, for your country to own. We thank you for supporting our ally as well.

Dae Wonsu Kim Haejeonsu.
Dae Wonsu Kim Yoseong Chungmingun Zongchaek Nmidae (DECEASED), before new coronation: Grand Marshal Yeong Sujeongsu as the Supreme Chancellor of the KPPA Government Urgent Council Regime (STEPPED DOWN); NOW: Our Eternal Leader the Imperial Dae Wonsu Kim Haejeonsu, of The Greater Dragon People's Military Communist Imperial Republic of The Unified Korean Pheonix Empire (CURRENT LEADER)
Korean Factbook
NSTracker
Based on the Greater Korean Republic, the DPRK, Kim Jong-Il's, nation dating 2340s.
I am a proud Korean, a pro-DPRK one, living in Japan...I might even be Kim Jong-Il, watching you... I am also IRL/OOC friends with GEIJD

Belfras
Ambassador

Postby Belfras » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:40 pm

^ I'd love to see Korean Pheonix try to take on Lamoni. Don't make popcorn, Lamoni will chew Korean Pheonix out within an hour.

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:44 pm

OOC: Korean Pheonix, I'd recommend you don't take him on. He's about my size, so I'm pretty sure he'd win. Though if it was me and you, we may win. I don't know. I'mma go play Star Wars, Absolute Corruption. Tellz me if war happens. I am fine with Maryginia being free though. I just said that they were tactically inept, and the weak are crushed under the strong. Just so long as no one attempts to push for further things besides Maryginia's independance, I won't be unreasonable and go randomly declaring war.
EDIT: NVM!!! I looked at his nation. Korea, he'd killz us. So, I'd recommend not trying to go against him.
Sorry for me not looking! ;)
Last edited by Isolated China on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Lao Tzu
- Sun Tzu
- Chinese Proverb
- Chinese Proverb

Oh and I'm back.

Veceria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Veceria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Belfras wrote:^ I'd love to see Korean Pheonix try to take on Lamoni. Don't make popcorn, Lamoni will chew Korean Pheonix out within an hour.

OOC: I'll make some popcorn anyways. Just because of this: "For all you know, we could have something that, I promise you, would defeat you in but an instant." - sounds like somebody will try to godmod in the future. Or just big words, who knows.
[FT]|Does not use NS stats.
Zeth Rekia wrote:You making Zeno horny.

DesAnges wrote:People don't deserve respect, they earn it.

10,000,000th post.
FoxTropica wrote:And then Hurdegaryp kissed Thafoo, Meanwhile Fox-Mary-"Sue"-Tropica saved TET from destruction and everyone happily forever.

Then suddenly fights broke out because hey, it's the internet.

Hurd is Hurd is Hurd.
Discord: Fenrisúlfr#3521
(send me a TG before sending me a friend request though)
I'm Austrian, if you need german translations, feel free to send me a TG.

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Veceria wrote:
Belfras wrote:^ I'd love to see Korean Pheonix try to take on Lamoni. Don't make popcorn, Lamoni will chew Korean Pheonix out within an hour.

OOC: I'll make some popcorn anyways. Just because of this: "For all you know, we could have something that, I promise you, would defeat you in but an instant." - sounds like somebody will try to godmod in the future. Or just big words, who knows.

OOC: :palm:
Its called a threat. That doesn't mean godmod. Jeeze, you find a good threat and someone immediately calls godmod.
- Lao Tzu
- Sun Tzu
- Chinese Proverb
- Chinese Proverb

Oh and I'm back.

Belfras
Ambassador

Postby Belfras » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Isolated China wrote:OOC: Korean Pheonix, I'd recommend you don't take him on. He's about my size, so I'm pretty sure he'd win. Though if it was me and you, we may win. I don't know. I'mma go play Star Wars, Absolute Corruption. Tellz me if war happens. I am fine with Maryginia being free though. I just said that they were tactically inept, and the weak are crushed under the strong. Just so long as no one attempts to push for further things besides Maryginia's independance, I won't be unreasonable and go randomly declaring war.
EDIT: NVM!!! I looked at his nation. Korea, he'd killz us. So, I'd recommend not trying to go against him.

Dude, Lamoni is sixteen billion larger then you.

Korean Pheonix
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Korean Pheonix » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:48 pm

Veceria wrote:

OOC: I have tricks, yet godmod is not my idea...
Dae Wonsu Kim Yoseong Chungmingun Zongchaek Nmidae (DECEASED), before new coronation: Grand Marshal Yeong Sujeongsu as the Supreme Chancellor of the KPPA Government Urgent Council Regime (STEPPED DOWN); NOW: Our Eternal Leader the Imperial Dae Wonsu Kim Haejeonsu, of The Greater Dragon People's Military Communist Imperial Republic of The Unified Korean Pheonix Empire (CURRENT LEADER)
Korean Factbook
NSTracker
Based on the Greater Korean Republic, the DPRK, Kim Jong-Il's, nation dating 2340s.
I am a proud Korean, a pro-DPRK one, living in Japan...I might even be Kim Jong-Il, watching you... I am also IRL/OOC friends with GEIJD

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:48 pm

Belfras wrote:
Isolated China wrote:OOC: Korean Pheonix, I'd recommend you don't take him on. He's about my size, so I'm pretty sure he'd win. Though if it was me and you, we may win. I don't know. I'mma go play Star Wars, Absolute Corruption. Tellz me if war happens. I am fine with Maryginia being free though. I just said that they were tactically inept, and the weak are crushed under the strong. Just so long as no one attempts to push for further things besides Maryginia's independance, I won't be unreasonable and go randomly declaring war.

Dude, Lamoni is sixteen billion larger then you.

Thats why I said NVM and sorry for not looking. I just realized that.
- Lao Tzu
- Sun Tzu
- Chinese Proverb
- Chinese Proverb

Oh and I'm back.

Veceria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Veceria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Isolated China wrote:
Veceria wrote:OOC: I'll make some popcorn anyways. Just because of this: "For all you know, we could have something that, I promise you, would defeat you in but an instant." - sounds like somebody will try to godmod in the future. Or just big words, who knows.

OOC: :palm:
Its called a threat. That doesn't mean godmod. Jeeze, you find a good threat and someone immediately calls godmod.

OOC: That's why I wrote "Or just big words", Mister. Sorry if I just have bad experiences with people saying things like that, and using FT stuff during MT wars.
[FT]|Does not use NS stats.
Zeth Rekia wrote:You making Zeno horny.

DesAnges wrote:People don't deserve respect, they earn it.

10,000,000th post.
FoxTropica wrote:And then Hurdegaryp kissed Thafoo, Meanwhile Fox-Mary-"Sue"-Tropica saved TET from destruction and everyone happily forever.

Then suddenly fights broke out because hey, it's the internet.

Hurd is Hurd is Hurd.
Discord: Fenrisúlfr#3521
(send me a TG before sending me a friend request though)
I'm Austrian, if you need german translations, feel free to send me a TG.

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Veceria wrote:
Isolated China wrote:OOC: :palm:

OOC: That's why I wrote "Or just big words", Mister. Sorry if I just have bad experiences with people saying things like that, and using FT stuff during MT wars.

OOC:
Well, last time I godmodded was in my first RP. Since then, if I godmodded, I edited it into a non-godmod. But come on now. I wouldn't be mean as to ruin something with godmodding. :p
- Lao Tzu
- Sun Tzu
- Chinese Proverb
- Chinese Proverb

Oh and I'm back.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:01 pm

Isolated China wrote:Dear Abishag,

Signed,
Xiang Qui.

Dearest Xiang,

I understand that you lack a dick down there where it normally should be but that really is no reason to take it out on Maryginia, whose only crime was fallen to the hordes that you seem so willing to sponsor - and at what cost? Look at you. You sponsor the Emperor of Japan, a weakling who left the summit when he could not even be bothered to stay and deal with us like a man. Some strong leader he is, eh? You threaten us with the fate that befell Maryginia? Are you willing to back up those words? You can talk big, but can you walk the walk? The forces of the world arrayed against Japan and Korea are far greater than what your pathetic buddies could ever muster up - China is no different. We will be your own St. George, Qui, and slay you. I suggest you understand what I am saying to you. It'll be for your own good.

Signed,
Abishag Korey

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:01 pm

Korean Pheonix wrote:
Veceria wrote:OOC: I'll make some popcorn anyways. Just because of this: "For all you know, we could have something that, I promise you, would defeat you in but an instant." - sounds like somebody will try to godmod in the future. Or just big words, who knows.

OOC: I have tricks, yet godmod is not my idea...

OOC: Those "tricks" better not be involving tech wanking, etc.

Belfras
Ambassador

Postby Belfras » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:OOC: Those "tricks" better not be involving tech wanking, etc.

OOC: The dude reckons he can beat Lamoni with tactical nukes. Their isnt a name for what hes doing.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Belfras wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:OOC: Those "tricks" better not be involving tech wanking, etc.

OOC: The dude reckons he can beat Lamoni with tactical nukes. Their isnt a name for what hes doing.

OOC: I just hope there's something left of him for us to RP with afterward. :lol:

Nalaya
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:26 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Belfras wrote:

OOC: I just hope there's something left of him for us to RP with afterward. :lol:

OOC: I think it's the equivalent of when you pick up a stick and approach a giant furry lump asking the question, "Do you think he's dead, or only sleeping? Why don't I poke him in the eye and find out?"
Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?
- Pope Julius III

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:33 pm

The Royal Navy had a proud heritage in Animarnia, as one of the Senior branches – the oldest after the unification act several hundred years prior, the armada of navy ships was assembling in international waters, there were seven numbered fleets, each composed of nearly four hundred warships strong, - each contained at least three Carrier groups plus various assorted surface action groups, anti-submarine elements, bombardment groups and electronic warfare assets.

The fleets were arrayed in a clamshell formation, each group 50 kilometres apart, the carrier groups centre with the surface action groups forming an “armoured spear” flagged by battleships and gun cruisers, bombards to the rear – mostly arsenal ships loaded with cruise missiles and the Marine Fighting Units, Riding the flanks were Anti-Submarine and Radar pickets; along with unmanned Sea Protector vehicles, Firescout ASW UCAV and Stingray Sub-Surface Vehicles searching out for enemy submarines and mines. In the air, AWACS patrols and stretched out to 800 kilometres in a in a circular search patrol pattern, along with Combat air Patrols by An-22N Buccaneers in race track pairs – creating a 1800+ kilometre detection and kill zone of sovereign airspace over each fleet. Thanks to combined sea, surface and air assets. Submarines too both guarded the fleet, and too escorted SSGN groups well ahead of the main fleet advance – soon all of these would be converging on the nation of Greater Japan and Korea.

At home, a Theatre Army was already being prepared once the Marines had kicked in the door, where exactly they were landing had not yet been decided and they would need to connive a meeting of the allied force; dubbed in Animarnia at least informally“Operation Tea Bag II”, Reserves had already been called up, Missile stockpiles were already replenished after the recent Ganos Lao war. At Ashton Airbase B-2 Bombers still after 30 years the principle stealth bomber of the Fortress State were being loaded with Hellion Cruise Missiles once more; the loading crews painting the noses with various messages for the leadership of the Dystopia, other air bases too were a bee-hive of activity preparing Constellation, Stargazer, Titan and Wyvern bombers for deployment some 17,000 bombers including elements of the Home-guard would be used in this campaign.

Though only 1,200 B-2s on the first night; - the targets for the Hellions on this first night of bombing would be Air defence sits – primarily Radar, Airbases, SAM and AA Batteries identified by satellites, that could destroy non stealth bomber, or CAS when it became an issue – better to strip away the layers now than later, a doctrine which had worked incredibly well during the Ganos Laos campaign – Some 12,800 missiles will be fired on the first night the aim to hit as many Radar and SAM sites as they could on the first night; clearing the way for the navies nearly 2,800 strong force to run havoc in the Korean sea.
[ National Map | Regional Map | Topology Map ]
[DEFCON:1 || STRATCON:1 || TERRORALERT: Elevated]
Signitory to:: CASTLE | The Amistad Declaration | Theeb I & II | Covenant | The Deliean League

Rainara
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rainara » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Rainara shall be observing the situation as the standard procedure. Should all hell break lose,
we may decide to watch and laugh at the war or send a peacekeeping force.

Rainatroll High Command
Rainarian High Command
Rainarian Map and States/Regions
DEFCON Level: 5
Country Situation Meter: 10%

"Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave." - Lord Brougham

"Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver." - Ayn Rand

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:07 pm

-Withdrawn; wrong thread-
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anglo-Nihon
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-Nihon » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:14 pm

OOC: Will do major updates on this asap, have to go soon.

ORBAT, Imperial Anglo-Nihonese Navy
Saisho Kantai, First Carrier Group
4 fleet carriers:
-2 Yamamoto-class
-2 Mitoshi-class
2 battleships
2 cruisers
3 frigates
6 destroyers
5 tankers
7 submarines

Carrier Coastal Defense Group
3 fleet carriers:
-2 Akkito-class
-1 Mitoshi-class
3 escort carriers
3 battleships
4 cruisers
4 frigates
10 destroyers
6 tankers
12 coastal defense ships
6 submarines

Other Active Ships
1 fleet carrier
-1 Yamamoto-class
8 escort carriers
9 battleships
15 frigates
10 cruisers
35 destroyers
30 submarines

Total Forces
351,467 active personnel
201,112 reserve personnel
12 fleet carriers
23 escort carriers
33 frigates
22 cruisers
63 destroyers
59 submarines
32 modern coastal defense ships
3,107 aircraft
-*will be updated*
Last edited by Anglo-Nihon on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--Wagondia--
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby --Wagondia-- » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Captain Hungate was at the Ship's Helm when he heard the Soft Beeping noise coming from his left. He glanced over and saw that there was a green dot on the Secondary Radar Screen. The Captain punched a few buttons, and the Name and Nationality of the Ship popped up. "My Golly.". He said as more and more Green Dots filled the screen. "It's the HMS Tommy Sherman, and the rest of the Ganosian Fleet!". The First Mate, Mr Baker, walked over to where the Captain was. "It's fine sir. They're probably heading towards Japan, Just like us. Shall I get the Admiral?". After a few moments of Thinking, The Captain responded. "Yes, that would be nice.". The First Mate Hurried out of the Bridge, and soon returned with the Admiral. Hungate Saluted and greeted him with a pat on the back. " Good Morning Admiral Webster" he chirped. "We've got some friends on the Radar". The Admiral Rushed over to the Radar Screen, and seemed Relived to see it was a Ganosian Fleet. He Laughed and said. "No worries, Captain. They are on a course to Japan, preparing for an attack. I'll contact them right now.". The Admiral picked up the Radio and spoke into it. "Attention HMS Tommy Sherman- this is the Flagship N.S.O.W. Clemente Munoz, sailing with the rest of the Wagain Fleet. Maybe your High Command has not revealed this to you yet, but we are headed on course to Japan, just as you are. We decided that helping our allies, like yourself, is most Crucial, so we have declared war on Japanese Dystopia, and are preparing for an invasion. I guess that means double the fun. The Admiral Chuckled and said "Over" before setting down the Radio. "Now we just have to wait for a response." He said, Smiling.
Long Live Wagondia, and all her Allies!
A Proud Member and Founder of Elysium
Demonym-Wagain
I Fully Support the Upcoming 2012 World Census

Nalaya
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:50 pm

Sevan was alive with troop movements by the time dawn hit full force. People saying good bye, units assembling and being issued gear. Artillery and most of the armor would be remaining home unless called for, what with the supplies from Ganosia and Animarnia. So instead, Nalaya would be the backbone to Ganosia's armies, the iron teeth hidden in diplomatic smiles. They made excellent shock troopers, both mobile and already seasoned--those in their first year of service would be staying home, letting the veterans and combat tested soldiers take the blunt of this war. Upwards of 1,000,000 troops as well. But Anahid owed them this as they mobilized for actual combat.

"Here we are again, my friends," Anahid said, spreading her arms wide as she stood in front of her soldiers, with them. "Another war, this time with people in a different country who speak a different tongue and follow different gods." She smiled a little. "What a refreshing change!" As the tension in the atmosphere dropped, her expression turned more serious. "War is coming now, and I can feel its drumbeats in the air, in the water. There is no corner of the earth so far that it can escape the reverberations. And Nalaya will march with it!"

There was a roar and Anahid smiled. She played to the crowd easily, drawing on their sympathies, fanning the flames of their tempers. If oratory was an art, Anahid was its Da Vinci. The assembled soldiers became an army, alive with purpose, with a fire of zeal born of loyalty. They knew General Vaneni, had known her since the beginning. If anyone could lead Nalaya into hell and back, she could.

"This day," she said at the end of her speech, as the crowd followed her voice down and stood spellbound. "From now until the ending of the world, shall not be forgotten. Nor shall we be forgotten, living or dead."

Aircraft engines kicked to life, C-130s blazing to life. The Nalayan army had to catch up to Ganosia, after all, and their planes more than sufficient to carry loads of troops (if not in the most comfortable fashion).
Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?
- Pope Julius III

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents