NATION

PASSWORD

RPing Questions? Ask Here!

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:29 pm

The Macabees wrote:Either one would be fine, I think. But, for exposure, International Incidents might be better.

Okay then. Thanks. I'll link it here after, or TG it, both for :not:advertising and for assistance. I've got someone who will act as my editor as well.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

El Cuscatlan
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby El Cuscatlan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:05 am

Dear NSMentor community. I have a question: is this allowed?

Some time ago Ganos Lao asked me on telegrams about me giving him one of characters from one of RPs. I said not. Recently however Ganos Lao posted here a post claiming that this character is alive - when I executed her in news few posts above. Problems are few. Ganos is not part of RP I was adhering to, and I generally didn't gave him right to RP this character.

I respect Ganos Lao as RPer despite some of our clashes caused by certain other RPer. I am just asking; is it even allowed? Not trying to offend, that is why I am seeking Mentor's consultation.

Thank you.
Gran Cuscatlan - population 718 million - is rightist junta ruled county in Latin America. | I am born again Christian.
SANTIAGO ANTI COMMUNIST TREATY ORGANISATION - WE KILL THE REDS! | INDUTRIAS SOBERRANAS - CUSCATLANI ARMS! | Cuscatlani Integralism | Guardia Anticommunista

Given title of "The AntiChe" by Lolloh 10th May 2014. Now commies tremble in fear!

Exantos
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:43 am

El Cuscatlan wrote:Dear NSMentor community. I have a question: is this allowed?

Some time ago Ganos Lao asked me on telegrams about me giving him one of characters from one of RPs. I said not. Recently however Ganos Lao posted here a post claiming that this character is alive - when I executed her in news few posts above. Problems are few. Ganos is not part of RP I was adhering to, and I generally didn't gave him right to RP this character.

I respect Ganos Lao as RPer despite some of our clashes caused by certain other RPer. I am just asking; is it even allowed? Not trying to offend, that is why I am seeking Mentor's consultation.

Thank you.

If you had explicitly emphasized that you killed the character then it shouldn't be allowed as that would be godmod. However you might him to explain in OOC why he did so that way you can find a peaceful solution.
"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."-Alfred Adler

El Cuscatlan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby El Cuscatlan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:25 am

Exantos wrote:
El Cuscatlan wrote:Dear NSMentor community. I have a question: is this allowed?

Thank you.

If you had explicitly emphasized that you killed the character then it shouldn't be allowed as that would be godmod. However you might him to explain in OOC why he did so that way you can find a peaceful solution.

I do not plan to cause an OOC fight for this. I just wanted to know if this is permissible. Thanks!
Gran Cuscatlan - population 718 million - is rightist junta ruled county in Latin America. | I am born again Christian.
SANTIAGO ANTI COMMUNIST TREATY ORGANISATION - WE KILL THE REDS! | INDUTRIAS SOBERRANAS - CUSCATLANI ARMS! | Cuscatlani Integralism | Guardia Anticommunista

Given title of "The AntiChe" by Lolloh 10th May 2014. Now commies tremble in fear!

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:47 am

El Cuscatlan wrote:
Exantos wrote:

I do not plan to cause an OOC fight for this. I just wanted to know if this is permissible. Thanks!

If a character in an RP dies, you must create a new one if you want to be in the RP.
So if you executed him, without any godmod (ex. While Ganos is running away i run at 20 mph to catch him!) he must create a new character.
I'm pretty sure this is what you do.
RP Mentors can probably give a more detailed answer though.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:00 am

Keep in mind that OOC isn't just about fighting; it also allows you to coordinate with other players.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

El Cuscatlan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby El Cuscatlan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:05 am

Abserdia wrote:
El Cuscatlan wrote:

If a character in an RP dies, you must create a new one if you want to be in the RP.
So if you executed him, without any godmod (ex. While Ganos is running away i run at 20 mph to catch him!) he must create a new character.

I think I need to explain it a bit. Ganos Lao is not a part of the thread where she was executed, but posted in separate thread (which is social network RP) with her "account" claiming that I have captured her body double (not being part of RP where she was executed). Second thing is that Ganos never was authorized control over this character, and I invented her and gave her to other RPer (Guadalupador) to RP (and before the execution he returned it to me).

I do not want any type OOC fight. I am just trying to check it according to NSRules if there was not - by accident of course - some rules broken. I do not want to spoil Ganos's good name. I am just ensuring.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:11 am

El Cuscatlan wrote:
Abserdia wrote:If a character in an RP dies, you must create a new one if you want to be in the RP.

I think I need to explain it a bit. Ganos Lao is not a part of the thread where she was executed, but posted in separate thread (which is social network RP) with her "account" claiming that I have captured her body double (not being part of RP where she was executed). Second thing is that Ganos never was authorized control over this character, and I invented her and gave her to other RPer (Guadalupador) to RP (and before the execution he returned it to me).

I do not want any type OOC fight. I am just trying to check it according to NSRules if there was not - by accident of course - some rules broken. I do not want to spoil Ganos's good name. I am just ensuring.

1: If the body double was not ever confirmed in the real RP, then (s)he died.
2: If Ganos was never authorized control then you should talk with the creator of the RP you are playing in and come up with a solution.
And godmodding is something like this. And im using this from an RP i was in.
We all played as leaders and tried to take over the region we are in, so i worked with somebody to kill Argozi.
We came up with a plan in OOC to use TNT in the parliament type building and kill him.
First we blew up the underground with more explosives there, then we suicide bombed.
He acted like it was just another thing and got up shortly after that, and didn't have any limbs lost or ANYTHING.
That is godmodding, if Ganos did anything like that then you should talk with the creator of the RP or an RP mentor.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:55 pm

El Cuscatlan wrote:
Abserdia wrote:If a character in an RP dies, you must create a new one if you want to be in the RP.

If the character is yours to use and you either did or did not give control or authority of that character to Ganos, then his stating the character's anything is to be considered a godmod. However, you can always simply ignore the issue and take it out of the canon, and continue to use - or not use - the character the way you wish.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:18 pm

Question,

Would you consider something like a defoliator missile MT or FT? It's a custom thing made by me, here's some backround:

The Defoliator missiles are a new Draican technique. It was basically a regular anti-ship missile without an exokisuve, within the Defoliator missile was a very powerful fiery charge that could burn through the strongest metals, save Adamantine and Tartarite. Instead of blow up the ships, if this hit the fiery charge would release and a burning ring of fire would spread ontop of the target it hit, most likely burning very large holes into critical parts of the target/effecting some people around it.

Another idea I have for it is that it's a certain type of warhead that releases a fiery charge. This is a unique idea made by me, and I've used it once in a MT setting and it was met with a good reception. What do you guys personally think?
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

Feazanthia
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2004

Postby Feazanthia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:03 am

Draica wrote:Question,

Would you consider something like a defoliator missile MT or FT? It's a custom thing made by me, here's some backround:

The Defoliator missiles are a new Draican technique. It was basically a regular anti-ship missile without an exokisuve, within the Defoliator missile was a very powerful fiery charge that could burn through the strongest metals, save Adamantine and Tartarite. Instead of blow up the ships, if this hit the fiery charge would release and a burning ring of fire would spread ontop of the target it hit, most likely burning very large holes into critical parts of the target/effecting some people around it.

Another idea I have for it is that it's a certain type of warhead that releases a fiery charge. This is a unique idea made by me, and I've used it once in a MT setting and it was met with a good reception. What do you guys personally think?

Sounds like a missile with an incendiary warhead, which are modern things. Its effectiveness, however, would be significantly lessened against hard targets (such as ship hulls and armored vehicles) than it would be against soft targets (light vehicles and infantry), at least compared to standard AT or AS shaped warheads.
<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'
The Local Cluster - an FT Region

RPGers
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RPGers » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:19 am

Is it legal to create a "Godmodder wars" RP? (Basically it's a war RP, but you are allowed to godmod)
Last edited by RPGers on Tue Apr 07, 2017 12:37 am, edited 2,000 times in total.
DEFCON: 5
I pretend to know everything when I know nearly nothing.
My biggest secret is... ERROR, ERROR: Technical difficulties, sorry for the inconvenience
Despite popular belief, I am actually against gambling
My nation exists in every tech, if needed I will specify which I am currently role playing as.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ stars to the person reading this
Oh yeah, I also have a small obsession with political parties, nothing to worry about
proved by the fact I made this

Want to ask me questions anonymously? Go to this website: http://ask.fm/Games_of_Jay

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:51 am

Yea, absolutely!
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:02 am

Draica wrote:Question,

It's not really an effective idea for a number of reasons.

Penetration of a modern military target, be it tanks or warships, mainly relies on "post-penetration effects" - what happens after the warhead has penetrated whatever is in question. In the first case, any anti-shipping missile will penetrate into a modern warship and explode. This will have much more serious post-penetration effects than a simple fire, because it causes structural damage - fires are very dangerous to ships, but with no structural damage, a fire is not that hard to put out. High explosive also causes fire.

Ultimately, there's nothing to stop you setting a ship alight - incendiary missiles are wholly possible - it would cause severe damage. But you have to consider which is more damaging: an explosion and a fire, or just a fire. The problem is hitting the ship in the first place, not what happens after you hit it.

This is a picture of USS Stark, which was hit by two Iraqi exocets, although only one detonated (the other, incidentally, started a fire via its rocket fuel.) As you can see, it is burning pretty badly. Ultimately the ship had to withdraw to Bahrain for repairs. It would not have been much good if it were a real battle and not an accident.

This is a picture of HMS Sheffield, which was hit by a single Argentine exocet. Sheffield had an aluminium hull, which, while being lighter, burned much more easily. This Exocet did not explode either, but it did cause a fire, which eventually put the ship out of action. It burned for several days, in fact.

Both of these ships suffered severe fire damage from guided missiles. You have to consider if that is the type of fire that can be started by a non-incendiary weapon, is the incendiary really required?

Latterly - the Iranian frigate Sahand was attacked with two Harpoons and two bombs. The fire was sufficient to destroy the whole ship.

But the weapon is feasible. Not useful, but feasible. Fire is critical, but it is not worth trading the high explosive aspect for pure incendiary. High explosive is plenty good at causing fires.
Last edited by Questers on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
Restore the Crown

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:26 am

So i'm guessing what the mentors are saying is don't make the rockets OP.
Like, don't make all of them reach target because most rockets don't, and if they do not all will catch fire.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:01 am

(IMO) any "invented" weapon that doesn't claim a capacity greater than existing weapons shouldn't be a problem. It's mainly when people make up weapons systems that offer some kind of capability in excess of what can actually be done that things start to go >PMT.
Restore the Crown

Bakhara
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakhara » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:05 pm

I just created a thread for a civil war, but I don't seem to be getting any responses. I provided the information, an application, and some pictures to visualize the situation. What am I doing wrong?

Below is the link to the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=312068&p=21709821#p21709821

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:42 pm

Bakhara wrote:I just created a thread for a civil war, but I don't seem to be getting any responses. I provided the information, an application, and some pictures to visualize the situation. What am I doing wrong?

Below is the link to the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=312068&p=21709821#p21709821
Players often look down on using pictures in posts that aren't news reports. You only posted it yesterday and the idea is interesting, so I'm sure it will take (it looks like it's gathering interest.)
Restore the Crown

Feazanthia
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2004

Postby Feazanthia » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:07 pm

So, I actually have a question.

Anyone know a good tool that can create maps? Looking to map out the better part of a continent, as well as a city (down to possibly streets) for a combat thread.
<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'
The Local Cluster - an FT Region

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011

Postby Aquitayne » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Feazanthia wrote:So, I actually have a question.

Anyone know a good tool that can create maps? Looking to map out the better part of a continent, as well as a city (down to possibly streets) for a combat thread.

There's nothing really that fits your bill. My best advice would be to screenshot a region of google maps and take the names out and make it the IC location. It's about the best you can do without actually drawing anything yourself/finding and hiring a cartographer.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Feazanthia wrote:So, I actually have a question.

There are numerious world genreators, such as this one, or you can make your own by drawing the out line of what you want on paint, going on google and searching up a topographical map like so, take a screeshot, go back to paint, paste your topographical map, drag your continent's drawing over top, and delete what you don't need.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Untaroicht
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untaroicht » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:04 am

Hi! I would like some advice for writing, if anyone would be willing to help. I'm in the very early phases of planning a private, PMT war RP and I'm trying to write an official-looking government text declaring war. I want this to sound and feel well-written, explaining our reasoning and casus belli for the upcoming offensive. I have a template in the spoiler below, please tell me what you think and if you have any ideas for what to write in it! :)

All Rise for The National Anthem
☦ FORMAL AND OFFICIAL DECLARATION OF WAR ☦
"Christ our True God, who loves mankind, look down with mercy and compassion upon every legionnaire whom is now facing a daily struggle with war, aggression, and terrorism. Each one desires to live before you, and be ever protected by your right hand. Preserve them, we humbly pray, and watch over them every given hour. In your righteousness forgive us as we continue in the service of our beloved nation. Watch over those whom we love our wives, our children, relatives, and friends, as well as all civil authorities. May your guiding spirit be with those who govern us... Amen.

Not Encrypted: Public Line

To whom it may concern:

-insert declaration of war text here-

Glory to the Vulture Insurgency!

- The Right Blessed Huey Tlatoani Eztlizuma Kuropatkin The Lionheart of The Holy Autocratic Kingdom of Untaroicht; Caligula, Pater Patriae, Porphyrogennetos, Crysukicus, Icpalli, Teomama, Teuctlamacazqui, Acamapichtli, Yaoimati.

☦ Nehneuqui Tequiyotl Ica Huey Tlatoani Auh Teotl! ☦
Last edited by Untaroicht on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSG's NEW (un)official resident survivalist/doomsday prepper - BURY YOUR SILVER!

Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:53 am

Can PT and MT mix fairly?
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:54 am

Draica wrote:Can PT and MT mix fairly?

It does in the real world, I don't see how RPing will change that.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:24 am

Roski wrote:
Draica wrote:Can PT and MT mix fairly?

It does in the real world, I don't see how RPing will change that.

Well, that does depend on when you believe the classification of Past Technology (PT) ends and Modern Technology (MT) begins. For me, personally, MT begins around about the 1980s and 1990s, as quite a few of the pieces of military technology used today by countries like the United States and the United Kingdom were designed back then, but are still actively used now. Things like mobile devices and early personal computers came out around that time as well, and although they've come a long way since then they're still the same devices in concept.

Really, it's down to the players themselves to decide what technology is classified as what era. So, in Draica's case, if he and the people he is roleplaying with decide to use what they see as both PT and MT, then they're at liberty to do so. Whether it's plausible or not doesn't really matter, as it's all meant to be non-fictional anyway, but if you are trying to be super-realistic then I suppose you should think more carefully about what you're using.

Say, for example, if you're thinking of having one country equipped with standard modern day NATO equipment going up against a country which is equipped with old Second World War or early Cold War equipment, then I think that's a situation where you could have Past Technology and Modern Technology in the same roleplay.

Like I said, it depends on what Draica defines as "PT" and "MT" and what he was looking to mix between the two.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents