NATION

PASSWORD

RPing Questions? Ask Here!

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:12 am

The Caucasus Emirate wrote:If RPIng a civil war type of thread and youre also RPing the opposition (e.g Russia) is it okay if I determine the Russian losses alongside the Chechen losses?

As long as you are the OP of course you are allowed to determine the losses from both sides. But it is always best to keep them fair.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:12 am

Rhodevus wrote:
The Caucasus Emirate wrote:If RPIng a civil war type of thread and youre also RPing the opposition (e.g Russia) is it okay if I determine the Russian losses alongside the Chechen losses?

As long as you are the OP of course you are allowed to determine the losses from both sides. But it is always best to keep them fair.

This is actually not true. Like, if you're asking for site rules, yes as the OP you have thread ownership. However, if you're asking for RPing etiquette, the etiquette is that each person has control over their nation and everything that is a part of their story. So it's up to each player to determine their own casualties.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:19 am

You're both right, but in this case I think The Caucasus Emirate is referring to an NPC he created for the purpose of the RP.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:21 am

The Macabees wrote:You're both right, but in this case I think The Caucasus Emirate is referring to an NPC he created for the purpose of the RP.

Oh. Well then, yeah. You can clearly determine casualties for both sides.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:13 pm

What should a sci-fi RP be in?
Internation Incidents?
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Abserdia wrote:What should a sci-fi RP be in?
Internation Incidents?

If it's regarding your nation, then plausibly yes. Nationstates is also a good option.

If it doesn't have to do with your NS Nation, then P2TM is what you're looking for.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Abserdia wrote:What should a sci-fi RP be in?
Internation Incidents?

Elaborate a bit more. If it's gonna be a military thing, then yes it should be in II, but if it's a StarTrek RP (for example), that belongs in "The Portal to the Multiverse".
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:16 pm

It's like a mix between Star trek and 2001, The whole thing is your a space ship and trying to capture, kill, send back to earth, or what ever you can with a criminal attacking the ship.
EDIT: It takes place in my region named Iwaku, so i'm guessing international incidents?
Last edited by Abserdia on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Abserdia wrote:It's like a mix between Star trek and 2001, The whole thing is your a space ship and trying to capture, kill, send back to earth, or what ever you can with a criminal attacking the ship.
EDIT: It takes place in my region named Iwaku, so i'm guessing international incidents?

Science fiction-oriented (or "Future Tech") roleplays typically occur in International Incidents or the NationStates board. Specifically, International Incidents is best if you intend for the roleplay to take place beyond the boundaries of your territory, if there is intended to be some form of conflict, or if you intend for there to be significant international observance. NationStates is more typically oriented to more localized roleplaying ventures, or roleplaying ventures which do not have the possibility to devolve into conflict or are otherwise not necessarily intended to draw international observance. There is a degree of overlap.

Over the years, this dividing line has become less distinct; equally, the communities between International Incidents and NationStates have diverged a bit. It has come to a point that as long as the thread broadly fits within the board descriptions, they can be posted there, ultimately leaving the decision making process up to you, your preferences, and which community you would prefer to interact with.

As a caveat, if the roleplay is not going to be taking place within your nation (As in it is inspired by "Star Trek" and "2001".), but actually within one of those canonical universes or otherwise not concerning the "world of NationStates", it would belong in the "Portal to the Multiverse" board.

If you are interested in Future Tech as well, feel free to drop by the Advice and Assistance Thread; it has a sort of impromptu "introduction" to the tech level and for otherwise "science fiction-oriented roleplaying" and is contributed to by various members of the community in an attempt to help newer players.

Hope that was helpful. Feel free to telegram me, post here, or post in the Advice Thread if you would like further assistance. :)

Edit: Ah, I see it's already been posted. This is what I get for not being online constantly: I end-up being late to the party.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Kyrusia wrote:
Abserdia wrote:It's like a mix between Star trek and 2001, The whole thing is your a space ship and trying to capture, kill, send back to earth, or what ever you can with a criminal attacking the ship.

Science fiction-oriented (or "Future Tech") roleplays typically occur in International Incidents or the NationStates board. Specifically, International Incidents is best if you intend for the roleplay to take place beyond the boundaries of your territory, if there is intended to be some form of conflict, or if you intend for there to be significant international observance. NationStates is more typically oriented to more localized roleplaying ventures, or roleplaying ventures which do not have the possibility to devolve into conflict or are otherwise not necessarily intended to draw international observance. There is a degree of overlap.

Over the years, this dividing line has become less distinct; equally, the communities between International Incidents and NationStates have diverged a bit. It has come to a point that as long as the thread broadly fits within the board descriptions, they can be posted there, ultimately leaving the decision making process up to you, your preferences, and which community you would prefer to interact with.

As a caveat, if the roleplay is not going to be taking place within your nation (As in it is inspired by "Star Trek" and "2001".), but actually within one of those canonical universes or otherwise not concerning the "world of NationStates", it would belong in the "Portal to the Multiverse" board.

If you are interested in Future Tech as well, feel free to drop by the Advice and Assistance Thread; it has a sort of impromptu "introduction" to the tech level and for otherwise "science fiction-oriented roleplaying" and is contributed to by various members of the community in an attempt to help newer players.

Hope that was helpful. Feel free to telegram me, post here, or post in the Advice Thread if you would like further assistance. :)

Edit: Ah, I see it's already been posted. This is what I get for not being online constantly: I end-up being late to the party.

You did a far more in depth job then I. Also, bitchin' flag.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Is it possible for a country to be able to decrypt all my communiques, because I sent him a communique previously?
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Ardoki wrote:Is it possible for a country to be able to decrypt all my communiques, because I sent him a communique previously?

I doubt it, but he could learn to crack your code through trial, error and time.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Vancon wrote:
Ardoki wrote:Is it possible for a country to be able to decrypt all my communiques, because I sent him a communique previously?

I doubt it, but he could learn to crack your code through trial, error and time.

Okay thank you.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:38 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Vancon wrote:I doubt it, but he could learn to crack your code through trial, error and time.

Okay thank you.

No problemo.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:56 pm

So basically, this country thinks he can decrypt all my communiques since I use to be in the UL a couple of months ago: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=311416&start=50

Is he right, because he seems really confident?

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:38 am

No. He cannot read anything of yours without your express permission. Obviously, the difficulty might vary, but if you say no, it's a no.

Ascenon
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ascenon » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:32 pm

Are we allowed to write fanfiction? Like during our rp's have an event happen that leads to our nation coming into conflict with another series's civilization? Because I've been thinking about starting a Stargate rp about how my nation would have done the Stargate series.

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Ascenon wrote:Are we allowed to write fanfiction? Like during our rp's have an event happen that leads to our nation coming into conflict with another series's civilization? Because I've been thinking about starting a Stargate rp about how my nation would have done the Stargate series.

You are absolutely allowed to! Since it involves your NS nation, that kind of RP could be proper of International Incidents. But, suppose the RP didn't involve your nation; then you could use the Portal to the Multiverse forum.

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:42 am

Ardoki wrote:So basically, this country thinks he can decrypt all my communiques since I use to be in the UL a couple of months ago: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=311416&start=50

Diplomatic communiques are normally transferred between embassies of the same nation and delivered to the country in person. for instance if I want to send you a communique I would send the message to my embassy in your country and my ambassador would deliver it to a member of your government. Messages between countries and their embassies are usually encrypted via use of a one-time-pad which is physically impossible to decrypt, so... he's bullshitting you.
Restore the Crown

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:52 am

Questers wrote:
Ardoki wrote:So basically, this country thinks he can decrypt all my communiques since I use to be in the UL a couple of months ago: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=311416&start=50

Diplomatic communiques are normally transferred between embassies of the same nation and delivered to the country in person. for instance if I want to send you a communique I would send the message to my embassy in your country and my ambassador would deliver it to a member of your government. Messages between countries and their embassies are usually encrypted via use of a one-time-pad which is physically impossible to decrypt, so... he's bullshitting you.

Okay, thank you. :)

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:00 am

If you look at all the examples were OTPs were cracked, it was because they were improperly used, rather than an ability to decrypt a correctly used OTP. It's possible that your country did it incompetently, in which case he could decode it, but that's for you to decide, not him.
Restore the Crown

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:19 pm

I doubt that this is the right place to ask, but where would I put a guide that I'm thinking of making. It would be a military guide that's for sure, but I don't want to reveal much else.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Probably II, for that.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Lamoni wrote:Probably II, for that.

Not F&NI?

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Either one would be fine, I think. But, for exposure, International Incidents might be better.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents