NATION

PASSWORD

The Silence of Enlightenment (OOC; Epic; FT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperati
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperati » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Well armies Imperati can throw.
We all stand together as a single species, a single blade or we will devolve into a thousand tiny razors scraping on the heels of those united above us.
Factbook

Red Talons
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Talons » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:42 pm

You can count me in, i may need a bit of help figuring out what to do for what. But i want in, we can talk more on IRC when you're able.
This is my factbook(perpetually under construction)
Because I advocate more space-magic, Laws For Magic.
A 4.2 civilization, according to this index.
---
Defense Status
{Green}--{Orange}--|{Blue}|--{Red}--{Black}
---
Universal peace is an archaic concept.
It is like taking a handful of sand,
and expecting none of it to slip through your fingers...

=Isahil Traekith=
---
Fear is a basic emotion...
What frightens you more, the evil that you know?...
...Or the evil that you don't...
When you light a candle,
you also cast a shadow...
=[Data Redacted]=

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:36 am

ATTENTION ALL

If you've asked to participate in the character side of things (Chapter One), I'm afraid I'm all full up for now. Inactivity and time constraints may claim some participants so I'll keep you informed as things develop.

However, Chapter Two has begun with Amon wreaking all havoc in Gamma while making a beeline for Alpha. Please post HERE If you wish to be involved with any information you think is necessary and any questions you might have. Thank you and good luck. Amon is not a friendly guy/ship/thing. Check the OP.
Last edited by Rethan on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Derscon
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:37 pm

ALPHA TEAM REPORTING IN
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Xenohumanity
Minister

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Shaming of the Sinful

Postby Xenohumanity » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:45 pm

I would gladly join this humble... well, grand venture of yours, if only to get more RP out and make social links in the form of lost ships and screaming civilians. Involvement would likely amount to ships being shattered, a world or two lost to the hunger, and Xenohumanity finally crawling out of its shell of self-centered isolationism to grab some 'friends' and retake some land before Xeno-Tech's more foolhardy, physics-warping experimental technology is lost to the fleets and the death of the Federation spells the doom of the galaxy as a physical entity.

This is going to be a hoot.

RP Example - 'Genestealers'
Fleet Admirals Atrox and Darso
3 Recompense Godships (Oblivator, And They Shall Be Made To Know Death, Ut Victor Goes Scienta)
15 Darwinian Dreadnoughts
30 Novus Cruisers
15 Spore Carriers
35 Resonance Frigates
25 Blekturo Gunboats
20 Mortali Destroyers
10 P.A.B. Disruptor Beamships
10 EMP Disruptor Wallbreakers
1 Doombringer Hawking-Vent Planet-Freezer - 35% COMPLETE, IN DRYDOCK, WEAPONS OFFLINE
1 Yahweh-Class Experimental Solar Dreadnought - 75% COMPLETE, IN DRYDOCK, WEAPONS ONLINE - Xiscapian Joint Holding
Factbook - Officially Good Enough To Show The In-Laws

Mohawk Clans
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mohawk Clans » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 pm

I'd like to join this rather amazing read and wonderful roleplay idea, mostly out of the interests of getting myself beat yet again, losing some more people and planets and improving my roleplaying skills all at the same time. Perhaps grabbing some new friends as well.

I don't have much in terms of roleplay examples, but here's the most recent:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=156796

Cherry Cup Resurrection Runner-Up
WCOH 16 Runner-Up
Participated in:
WCOH 12,14,16,17, Cherry Cup Resurrection
Ranked 45th for WCOH

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:29 am

I would like to be involved in stopping Amon's push into Alpha. Mostly I feel like I would be preforming tactical strikes, retreats, evacuations and planetary extermination to deny you resources

edit:
So I have a question. If I wanted to slow you down and suppress the rate at which Amon gained resources, what would I target. Does killing all life in a system slow you down at all? Do I have to damage your ships and force you to repair and replace them? Does it take removing the planets and mass from a system to keep you from gaining anything? Also if I triggered a supernova while you were in system would that damage you fleet at all?

I also had a plot idea of how I would get involved in this conflict. Basically the world next on your list or coming up on your path could be an interstellar nation that I trade with. That nation possesses a FTL communication system that when you subsequently invade and destroy the system cuts off the link. Part of the Communication device is the fact that it can tell the difference between its signal being cut off and a relay being destroyed. This in turn alerts me and prompts me to send a small group of ships to investigate. Contact is made...then hostilities.. then I retreat. My nation will have heard of you an understands the graveness of realizing Amon is pushing towards alpha. Since I have stations and worlds I trade with along Amon's path and because my nation desperately is seeking an effective way to hold your forces off should you push towards my planets my nation devises a multi step campaign.

1. Recon- get a fix on your fleet's position and numbers as close as possible (position will be vital)
2. Delay- I do not have the means to fight you on even ground so I will try to delay you employing any means necessary (and I mean any). I will be experimenting to find ways to do this
A. Resource denial
B. Surgical hit and run fleet strikes
C. Long range interstellar bombardment (this is why knowing you position at all times is important. I'll need to be adjusting constantly with you position data to hit your fleet with any accuracy)
D. Interdiction if that is even possible by any extent
3. Evacuation- of both people and resources. The more I can take from you path the less you have to feed on.
4. Sharpening- I need to make my weapons more effective against your fleet and need to then mass produce those weapons.
A. Mobilization of my main attack fleet
B. Development of more effective weapons against your fleet (maybe not a silver bullet, but a well sharpened lance will fare better than a club)
C. Mass production of needed ordnance and deployment
5. Hitting you with all I got
Last edited by Dbrought on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:57 am

Derscon wrote:ALPHA TEAM REPORTING IN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM
Xenohumanity wrote:I would gladly join this humble... well, grand venture of yours, if only to get more RP out and make social links in the form of lost ships and screaming civilians. Involvement would likely amount to ships being shattered, a world or two lost to the hunger, and Xenohumanity finally crawling out of its shell of self-centered isolationism to grab some 'friends' and retake some land before Xeno-Tech's more foolhardy, physics-warping experimental technology is lost to the fleets and the death of the Federation spells the doom of the galaxy as a physical entity.

This is going to be a hoot.

RP Example - 'Genestealers'
Fleet Admirals Atrox and Darso
3 Recompense Godships (Oblivator, And They Shall Be Made To Know Death, Ut Victor Goes Scienta)
15 Darwinian Dreadnoughts
30 Novus Cruisers
15 Spore Carriers
35 Resonance Frigates
25 Blekturo Gunboats
20 Mortali Destroyers
10 P.A.B. Disruptor Beamships
10 EMP Disruptor Wallbreakers
1 Doombringer Hawking-Vent Planet-Freezer - 35% COMPLETE, IN DRYDOCK, WEAPONS OFFLINE
1 Yahweh-Class Experimental Solar Dreadnought - 75% COMPLETE, IN DRYDOCK, WEAPONS ONLINE - Xiscapian Joint Holding

No, gtfo. :D
I keed, I keed. As I said on the IRC, welcome aboard.

Mohawk Clans wrote:I'd like to join this rather amazing read and wonderful roleplay idea, mostly out of the interests of getting myself beat yet again, losing some more people and planets and improving my roleplaying skills all at the same time. Perhaps grabbing some new friends as well.

I don't have much in terms of roleplay examples, but here's the most recent:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=156796

Looks good to me. Any ideas on how you want to get involved, or would you be happy with a fleet just smiting a colony of yours or something?

Dbrought wrote:I would like to be involved in stopping Amon's push into Alpha. Mostly I feel like I would be preforming tactical strikes, retreats, evacuations and planetary extermination to deny you resources

edit:
So I have a question. If I wanted to slow you down and suppress the rate at which Amon gained resources, what would I target. Does killing all life in a system slow you down at all? Do I have to damage your ships and force you to repair and replace them? Does it take removing the planets and mass from a system to keep you from gaining anything? Also if I triggered a supernova while you were in system would that damage you fleet at all?

Killing all life slows down gathering of manpower. Amon doesn't give a damn about manpower, he drone spams. Manpower is used by Nephilim who are subtle and advocate growing of their population. Amon is not subtle (in case it wasn't obvious). Damaging ships would slow me down, but badly damaged ships which can't be repaired are broken down and used to build new ones. Repairing ships happens very quickly. A good rule of thumb is, if you plan on injuring a Rethast ship....don't do it. Either kill a ship entirely or don't attack at all. Of course, you wouldn't know that ICly, but it'd be a fun thing to discover. "Hey, that hole we punched in it thirty seconds ago?" "Yeah?" "It's gone." "FUUUUUUUUU-"

Yes, if you can remove all the mass in a system it would slow my growth. Actually removing the mass is hard as all hell, that whole Conservation of Mass-Energy thing. Triggering a supernova would damage my fleet up to the point where the first ship(s) die. Since satellites are immediately dispatched to prepare my own destruction of the star, their death would warn the rest of the fleet of the supernova's wave and they'd run like fuck. You'd catch a few in the blast, but not all of them.

I also had a plot idea of how I would get involved in this conflict. Basically the world next on your list or coming up on your path could be an interstellar nation that I trade with.

Amon might be impatient, but he's not stupid. He's deliberately avoiding nations capable of interstellar travel. If the nation has anything more advanced than modern levels of space development, he leaves it alone....for now. That will change when he has a dedicated war fleet, rather than the harvester fleets he has operating now. An exception is made for Xeno because it's a single lone ship. A developed planet or system (especially one with interstellar trade) is a definite no-no.

1. Recon- get a fix on your fleet's position and numbers as close as possible (position will be vital)
2. Delay- I do not have the means to fight you on even ground so I will try to delay you employing any means necessary (and I mean any). I will be experimenting to find ways to do this
A. Resource denial
B. Surgical hit and run fleet strikes
C. Long range interstellar bombardment (this is why knowing you position at all times is important. I'll need to be adjusting constantly with you position data to hit your fleet with any accuracy)
D. Interdiction if that is even possible by any extent
3. Evacuation- of both people and resources. The more I can take from you path the less you have to feed on.
4. Sharpening- I need to make my weapons more effective against your fleet and need to then mass produce those weapons.
A. Mobilization of my main attack fleet
B. Development of more effective weapons against your fleet (maybe not a silver bullet, but a well sharpened lance will fare better than a club)
C. Mass production of needed ordnance and deployment
5. Hitting you with all I got

1. Sounds good. Huzzah for none of this "Hey guys he's over there! I know because I just do oh look a distraction".
2. Option C has me especially excited. I'm always looking for non-knife fighting range combat. Interstellar artillery is awesome. ^ _ ^ I don't understand what you mean by D though.
3. Sounds good.
4. Yay for large scale preparations.
5. Eggsellent... *readies the hammer*
Last edited by Rethan on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperati
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperati » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 am

I believe we spoke earlier about me getting involved. Is that still possible for me to pop in to this granddaddy of all space wars?

I'd be performing a mission perimeter similar to Dbrought but with much more blockading fleets. If he's avoiding planets that are part of intersteller nations then lets get to annexing!
We all stand together as a single species, a single blade or we will devolve into a thousand tiny razors scraping on the heels of those united above us.
Factbook

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Imperati wrote:I believe we spoke earlier about me getting involved. Is that still possible for me to pop in to this granddaddy of all space wars?

I'd be performing a mission perimeter similar to Dbrought but with much more blockading fleets. If he's avoiding planets that are part of intersteller nations then lets get to annexing!

Of course it is. :D Taking advantage of the situation for your own gain? I like your style.

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:09 pm

By point C., Interstellar bombardment, my intention is to use the active targeting data to attack your fleet while it is harvesting the system. In my understanding of the world the most opportunistic time a hunter should wait and strike at another hunter is when the hunted predator is lurched over and eating/ killing its prey. Your the other predator. Basically I was thinking that as you harvest the system for resources your fleet would stay massed in a particular area for a while. In that while I can use a FTL device to fire a large quantity of munitions at where your fleet used to be. The issue here is lag between targeting data to firing apparatus, and time between weapon and target. Think of it as me trying to snipe you across systems. Now of course since it is going to be really hard to hit you I'm going to try and compensate by having both relatively smart munitions that will try and track your ships after they enter the system (missile buss kinda) doing a bit of munition spam (still useless if you are not there) and having weapons with large detonation radius. For now I will be employing mostly Liquid Tiberium warheads (I liked C&C alot so Tiberium is a part of my tech base).

As for point D. the only real chance i figured I had and will try ICLY even if there is no chance. When your big ship travels through FTL it uses that "wormhole" like portal to travel. I Figured that I would try to delay that portal from opening somehow, or if I cannot manage that mine surrounding area extensively. Since that portal seems to take a while to open I plan on using any time to prepare a greeting if possible.
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Mohawk Clans
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mohawk Clans » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Actually Reth I was thinking something along the lines of that and what Dbrought is talking about. My old Empire, the pre-cursor IC nation to my current one, had a few outposts and colonies in the Milky Way Galaxy, specifically Alpha. I was thinking that the fleets there could/will try to stop Amon and put up one hell of a fight and ultimately get their asses kicked, resulting in me losing like all but one of my colonies in Alpha/MWG. Whatever stops you could either be A) Got tired of beating me or B) I incur a few losses that Amon deems is one too many for a system as invalueable as this one.

WCOH 16 Runner-Up
Participated in:
Ranked 45th for WCOH

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:20 pm

Other Idea then for encounter. I tend to like exploration, particularly looking for alien ruins. You run into a system that nobody advanced is supposed to be in, but I was there looking for alien ruins/ resources. Then....

"Oh Crap Amon!"

Then I follow through with the rest of the plot line

Also in terms of removing mass my idea was to somehow strap a FTL device to a planet. Not something I thought was very reasonable, but I have another thread where I am looking into an ancient pyramid with highly advanced goodies inside. Still not sure what those are. If somehow it was a device that could FTL very large things places, then could my endgame weapon be using that? Or what do you think would be a good thing to find in the pyramid to use against you? Or would you prefer not linking the two threads in any way? All are fine.

Skaugra
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaugra » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:44 pm

I'll be participating in this RP when Derscon gives me the go-ahead. Other than that, I look forward to the future RP that is to come.
N´ai pas peur de mourir viérge car la vie nous baise tous.

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Xeno how exactly does you FTL work? Assuming we are almost neighbors, or that perhaps during your scout vessel's mapping it wandered near one of my long range sensor relays and was detected? I think it would add some Flavor in my first post in the pruning thread if I mentioned how it seemed that a silence was coming. Like how your ships was predicted to be detected again based on its path, but didn't. Not something major to alert my crew, but something for one of my captains to muse over.

Rethan is it still a go for your fleet to go to a world I wasn't supposed to be at, but just recently discovered and arrived at maybe a moment before your fleet decided to jump to it?

Xenohumanity
Minister

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xenohumanity » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Dbrought wrote:Xeno how exactly does you FTL work? Assuming we are almost neighbors, or that perhaps during your scout vessel's mapping it wandered near one of my long range sensor relays and was detected? I think it would add some Flavor in my first post in the pruning thread if I mentioned how it seemed that a silence was coming. Like how your ships was predicted to be detected again based on its path, but didn't. Not something major to alert my crew, but something for one of my captains to muse over.

We use pretty generic sub-space drives (using the term Slip-Space as a buzzword for just about any extra-spatial FTL), with large background-energy build-ups near the point of exit. Xenohumanity is pretty good about telling its neighbors when it's going to be doing something legitimate in or near their space (so that they can sneak the occasional instance of illegitimate stuff around with more ease), so seeing a friendly scout ship fail to arrive for a routine foreign-space refueling would be a cause of some concern to those who were paying attention.
Last edited by Xenohumanity on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook - Officially Good Enough To Show The In-Laws

Ruthless Slaughter
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruthless Slaughter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 am

I don't suppose there's room for one more do-gooder? I'd be up for even being a plot point and can for IC reasons roll with a character up to a small Intelligence Ministry vessel. My military proper is all tied up so no warfleets pouring out of Dominion space today. Well, no more than already have >.>
Junkyland wrote:
Ruthless Slaughter wrote:Well, all you post-2005 nations are new guys to me

I bet I would win in a war against you!
~two minutes later~
*looks out over war-torn city*
Damn'it.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Mohawk Clans wrote:Actually Reth I was thinking something along the lines of that and what Dbrought is talking about. My old Empire, the pre-cursor IC nation to my current one, had a few outposts and colonies in the Milky Way Galaxy, specifically Alpha. I was thinking that the fleets there could/will try to stop Amon and put up one hell of a fight and ultimately get their asses kicked, resulting in me losing like all but one of my colonies in Alpha/MWG. Whatever stops you could either be A) Got tired of beating me or B) I incur a few losses that Amon deems is one too many for a system as invalueable as this one.

Oh jesus I missed this I am a terrible host ; ___________ ;

I'd be more than willing to do this if you're still up for it. I'm just reaching the Gamma/Alpha border with the First Fleet, and once Amon finishes his Nocturnals he'll start directing all his fleets to stop harvesting and go on the smashy smashy warpath of doom.

Ruthless Slaughter wrote:I don't suppose there's room for one more do-gooder? I'd be up for even being a plot point and can for IC reasons roll with a character up to a small Intelligence Ministry vessel. My military proper is all tied up so no warfleets pouring out of Dominion space today. Well, no more than already have >.>

Character actor, eh? w00t.

Outbreak 3 is full up atm, but Outbreak 4 should be starting soonish (as soon as 3 is over) which will open it up for more people. Outbreak 4 is the last chance for people to get characters in, so I can TG you when it starts.

Ruthless Slaughter
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruthless Slaughter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Excellent! Am I filling out a template or providing details? If not I'll add into my intro post. The main group will be facing a Dominion Shadow Ops team, possibly out for its own ends but I may play them more cooperatively depending on how things go. It'll likely be just one operative supported by a DIM vessel operating discreetly in the background. Small tramp freighter crewed by 5 operatives and support personnel most likely.
Junkyland wrote:
Ruthless Slaughter wrote:Well, all you post-2005 nations are new guys to me

I bet I would win in a war against you!
~two minutes later~
*looks out over war-torn city*
Damn'it.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Ruthless Slaughter wrote:Excellent! Am I filling out a template or providing details? If not I'll add into my intro post. The main group will be facing a Dominion Shadow Ops team, possibly out for its own ends but I may play them more cooperatively depending on how things go. It'll likely be just one operative supported by a DIM vessel operating discreetly in the background. Small tramp freighter crewed by 5 operatives and support personnel most likely.

There's no template, just provide any details you think might be necessary.

Mohawk Clans
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mohawk Clans » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Rethan wrote:
Mohawk Clans wrote:Actually Reth I was thinking something along the lines of that and what Dbrought is talking about. My old Empire, the pre-cursor IC nation to my current one, had a few outposts and colonies in the Milky Way Galaxy, specifically Alpha. I was thinking that the fleets there could/will try to stop Amon and put up one hell of a fight and ultimately get their asses kicked, resulting in me losing like all but one of my colonies in Alpha/MWG. Whatever stops you could either be A) Got tired of beating me or B) I incur a few losses that Amon deems is one too many for a system as invalueable as this one.

Oh jesus I missed this I am a terrible host ; ___________ ;

I'd be more than willing to do this if you're still up for it. I'm just reaching the Gamma/Alpha border with the First Fleet, and once Amon finishes his Nocturnals he'll start directing all his fleets to stop harvesting and go on the smashy smashy warpath of doom.

Lol it's ok. I'm more then still up for it, just say when and where and I'll start posting.

WCOH 16 Runner-Up
Participated in:
Ranked 45th for WCOH

Azhuru
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Oo! Oo! *Waves hand excitedly.*

I would love to participate in this one. Seems like bloody good fun. Love the idea of the Rethast and now a massive fleet of them culling worlds? Sounds like fun. I'd like to be involved and start with the bloodshed.
The Celestial Kingdom isn't too great at orbital work as we are more of a ground based military but the basic strategy would be so,

First, attempt to prevent access to planets by providing system-wide blockade and defensive perimeters. This would be achieved by establishing fleets of cruisers and heavy ships such as battleships and dreadnoughts patrolling and kinetic platforms erected over the planets to discharge magnetically accelerated fusion bombs. Along with extensive mining along the exterior of the system.

Second, failing the former the system would be abandoned within about a light-day or so, leaving behind fields of mines littered everywhere. Not only this, but the fleets would attempt potshots with their laser cannons to at least provide distractionary and harassing fire. If any ships trail after the fire in an attempt to quell the snipers then an ambush would be laid or position abandoned with more mines laid.

Third, prevent the consumption of worlds by either glassing the entire thing and leaving nothing behind for them to us, think interstellar scorched earth policy. Meanwhile destroyers would be striking at the flanks providing EM warfare bursts and taking minor bits of the enemy.

Fourth, engage and defeat any dispatched ground forces of the enemy either by extensive ground deployment or orbital cleansing. If the problem is enough of one, then simply planet crackers would be issued and extensive exterminatus by laser commenced.

Fifth would be in turn using the planet crackers on his ships. This is assumed that all the other steps have failed and its simply a ''We're boned' option.

Actually come to think of it, shouldn't we just use the fifth option? Blow up all his ships with stuff designed to split planets and kill stars?
The Celestial Kingdom. The official Knights in Space of NSFT.
Knights in Space Factbook [Civilian stuff]
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile
In Memoriam: 1000 Cats

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:06 pm

Azhuru wrote:Oo! Oo! *Waves hand excitedly.*

I would love to participate in this one. Seems like bloody good fun. Love the idea of the Rethast and now a massive fleet of them culling worlds? Sounds like fun. I'd like to be involved and start with the bloodshed.

Then welcome aboard!
Azhuru wrote:The Celestial Kingdom isn't too great at orbital work as we are more of a ground based military but the basic strategy would be so,

First, attempt to prevent access to planets by providing system-wide blockade and defensive perimeters. This would be achieved by establishing fleets of cruisers and heavy ships such as battleships and dreadnoughts patrolling and kinetic platforms erected over the planets to discharge magnetically accelerated fusion bombs. Along with extensive mining along the exterior of the system.

Sounds plausible, but space us HUUUGE. I'll find a way around those mines. ;)

Azhuru wrote:Third, prevent the consumption of worlds by either glassing the entire thing and leaving nothing behind for them to us, think interstellar scorched earth policy. Meanwhile destroyers would be striking at the flanks providing EM warfare bursts and taking minor bits of the enemy.

Biomass is of no concern to Amon. If the world is still intact (even as debris) he can build more ships with it. Now, there is a particular strategy which will work. I just have no intention of telling anyone. :D

Azhuru wrote:Fifth would be in turn using the planet crackers on his ships. This is assumed that all the other steps have failed and its simply a ''We're boned' option.

Actually come to think of it, shouldn't we just use the fifth option? Blow up all his ships with stuff designed to split planets and kill stars?

That risks drawing the attention of Amon himself, or one of the five Grigori. Amon is a bitch to kill, like all Nephilim. But he's not a warship. Grigori are.

You do not want to draw their attention. :)

In all srsness, good sound ideas and I'm happy to have you aboard. Feel free to TG the other already active belligerents if you're so inclined.
Mohawk Clans wrote:Lol it's ok. I'm more then still up for it, just say when and where and I'll start posting.

When.

Nocturnals will be ready by my next post. If you could get some scene setting posts up, so I know the kind of things I'll be attacking and so on, it'd be much appreciated.

Azhuru
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Hmm, howabout we use gravitational fluxes and power bleed-offs sucking out the helium and hydrogen mixes of stars to cause premature supernova detonations of the stars of the systems bordering his advance? Would melt and consume the planet into a slag heap but its in the sun itself, so I suppose he wouldn't be able to access it. Thus, cutting off that source of supply and making it easier to cut bits out of the ships and fleet.

Oh and a link to the IC would be bloody epic. Oh wait found it. Whoopsie.
Last edited by Azhuru on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Celestial Kingdom. The official Knights in Space of NSFT.
Knights in Space Factbook [Civilian stuff]
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile
In Memoriam: 1000 Cats

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

Mohawk Clans
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mohawk Clans » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:29 am

Yeah sure I can get some posts up soonish. I'll mostly just be describing how you get to fight the last of the Mohicians. ( Excuse the pun :P ). Got an IC you want it in?

WCOH 16 Runner-Up
Participated in:
Ranked 45th for WCOH

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents