NATION

PASSWORD

The Silence of Enlightenment (OOC; Epic; FT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:39 am

Well, the story can go either way. The RP is moulded by the actions of the people involved. Beyond my request of no "lolhuge war fleets" you can do anything. Just keep in mind your actions in one thread might negatively effect a later thread and so on.

That said, the first part of the Machine arc is now up. For clarification, for now there are four separate arcs. The Machine, Religious, Pest and Outbreak arcs. Each of these is mostly isolated, so while nuking a Saethian world might mess up the Machine arc, the others will be left untouched until all four merge together at the end of chapter 1.

Just to clarify. <___<
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Demigueris
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Demigueris » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm waiting on a reply to the new arrival before I make my post - in case someone was waiting on me.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:28 am

Demigueris wrote:I'm waiting on a reply to the new arrival before I make my post - in case someone was waiting on me.

Duly noted. Post should be incoming today.

Demigueris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Demigueris » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 am

Sorry that wan't mentioned sooner

Demigueris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Demigueris » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Wow, this is quite the array of characters Dr. Grath has assembled.

My character is essentially a human brain linked to a super-computer AI, and she's kind of under-powered compared to beings that conjure themselves out of the cosmic forces of the universe. I'm not sure whatever's on this station is ready for us...

Derscon
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Demigueris wrote:Wow, this is quite the array of characters Dr. Grath has assembled.

My character is essentially a human brain linked to a super-computer AI, and she's kind of under-powered compared to beings that conjure themselves out of the cosmic forces of the universe. I'm not sure whatever's on this station is ready for us...

I would say that we haven't enough armies.
Last edited by Derscon on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Demigueris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Demigueris » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:37 pm

That's par for the course in a character rp really.

Derscon
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Demigueris wrote:That's par for the course in a character rp really.

I see what you did there.
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Apologies all for slow responses. Had to host someone who was silly enough to ignite their house, and as such did not have my laptop (they did).

I'm back now, and with return to university coming up I anticipate being able to post once or twice a day with luck.

Arkania 5
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkania 5 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:48 pm

Is 'dis still open?
MT <Compatible with FanT if needed>: The Shattered Enclave [INACTIVE]
FT: Aperture Industries
"The Shattered Enclave is technically a failed nation, but through all odds, they have survived as a million-headed hydra, all ready to simultaneously attack each other as their enemies. Wildly different factions, each with cultures that simply could not have developed within a hundred years, kept in a temporum of chaos...one wonders if more unexplained powers were involved in the creation of this monstrosity..."
WE ARE THE COLOR RED IN A WORLD FULL OF BLACK AND WHITE.....
tl;dr: Not a country or a nation. More like an entire world divided into a trillion pieces. Near impossible to invade. FanT/FT origins, MT/PMT technology.
Allanea wrote:evil shithole of a country

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Arkania 5 wrote:Is 'dis still open?

Hell ya. There's a list of active threads in the OP, and more will be coming over the next days/weeks/months. This is gonna be a looooooooooong series of events.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Wow... Yukatania's back. I remember him....

Also, Reth, I can has entry to Outbreak, or one thread is the limit?

I'd bug you on Legion, but I'm at work and cannot log in.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:08 am

Mini Miehm wrote:Wow... Yukatania's back. I remember him....

You can has entry into Outbreak, although number 2 is fairly crowded by this point. :P

Outbreak 3 will be up soon, as well as a Skrit and Maekari thread. Just have to wrap up one thread.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:27 am

Rethan wrote:
Mini Miehm wrote:Wow... Yukatania's back. I remember him....

You can has entry into Outbreak, although number 2 is fairly crowded by this point. :P

Outbreak 3 will be up soon, as well as a Skrit and Maekari thread. Just have to wrap up one thread.

Then I shall wait. For now....
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

Demigueris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Demigueris » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Sorry for extended absence, there was a new job, a move, a new job on top of the other new job and the sudden but inevitable decision to finally finish my masters thesis.

Long story short, I'm back and will attempt to post semi-regularly if people are still interested.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:03 pm

My my, this looks positively spiffing. Rethan, I'd love to get in on those next two story-arcs you'll be starting up sometime soonish, so I'll put my name in the hat now.

Erm... yes, you can haz rp examples.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137383 - sadly not much happening here, but my first post is an ex. of what I like to do when the words are flowing.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138735&p=7058427#p7058427 - nothing going on here yet, but I had fun writing it.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137174
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135355
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133161 - not marvelous, but I'm not really a fan of MT. Just showing some versatility.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:25 pm

oooooh i am so all up in this shit!

As a race who hasnt yet come across the great pathogen,it could be quite interesting.
Last edited by Of The Arch ilands on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

Alversia
Minister

Founded: Apr 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:31 pm

I'd be interested in joining Rethan. This sure looks like fun. ^^
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Of The Arch ilands wrote:oooooh i am so all up in this shit!

As a race who hasnt yet come across the great pathogen,it could be quite interesting.

Alversia wrote:I'd be interested in joining Rethan. This sure looks like fun. ^^

Sorry Rethan... talked your RP up on Legion.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Demigueris wrote:Sorry for extended absence, there was a new job, a move, a new job on top of the other new job and the sudden but inevitable decision to finally finish my masters thesis.

Long story short, I'm back and will attempt to post semi-regularly if people are still interested.

Your timing is impeccable, since I'm just back at uni and as such for the next week until things stabilise I don't know when I can get time enough to work on posts and so forth. That said, good to have you back, everyone has bad periods. :D

Mini Miehm wrote:
Rethan wrote:

Then I shall wait. For now....

Eggsellent. As we discussed, Outbreak 3 will be occurring aboard one of your space stations. If you still want to go through with that, TG me. First week of uni's messed up my scheduling, and until the end of week 2 when the timetable is finalised I can't see myself being on the IRC too often.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:My my, this looks positively spiffing. Rethan, I'd love to get in on those next two story-arcs you'll be starting up sometime soonish, so I'll put my name in the hat now.

Erm... yes, you can haz rp examples.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137383 - sadly not much happening here, but my first post is an ex. of what I like to do when the words are flowing.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138735&p=7058427#p7058427 - nothing going on here yet, but I had fun writing it.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137174
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135355
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133161 - not marvelous, but I'm not really a fan of MT. Just showing some versatility.

I can work with this. :D Welcome aboard

No. I mean yes. Whichever is the word which lets you in.

Alversia wrote:I'd be interested in joining Rethan. This sure looks like fun. ^^

w00t. Another great character writer. Need a fair few of those.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Sorry Rethan... talked your RP up on Legion.

I'm glad someone is since I can't be on there too often. :P

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Everyone waiting to get involved in Chapter One, Outbreak 3 is now open. Miehm, I'll be creating Outbreak 4 in your station as soon as I catch you on IRC.

Imperati
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperati » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:31 pm

I'd like to participate.

I can work as a nation and provide a military capable of helping to contain or work towards the capture of various specimens. I would at most deploy a cruiser and a platoon of marines. I understand the concepts of storyline and would in no way or at least attempt to shape this into a just lulbulletz thread.

I can however, perform as a character but I'm honestly going to need some help with inserting them into the storyline.

However, if this is simply to progressed to the sotry line and is unable to have new nations or people involved I'll understand.
We all stand together as a single species, a single blade or we will devolve into a thousand tiny razors scraping on the heels of those united above us.
Factbook

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:27 am

Imperati wrote:I'd like to participate.

I can work as a nation and provide a military capable of helping to contain or work towards the capture of various specimens. I would at most deploy a cruiser and a platoon of marines. I understand the concepts of storyline and would in no way or at least attempt to shape this into a just lulbulletz thread.

I can however, perform as a character but I'm honestly going to need some help with inserting them into the storyline.

However, if this is simply to progressed to the sotry line and is unable to have new nations or people involved I'll understand.

No idea how I missed this. ._.

The story has progressed to Chapter 2, though the Outbreak threads are still going on. The Skrit and Maekari have been (mostly) exterminated, and the Saethians absorbed. I'm already writing the thread which will cover the re-emergence of the Rethast, so if you're in the mood for smashy smashy gunfights, they're coming up.

Imperati
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperati » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Doesn't sound like there is much room for a new player.
We all stand together as a single species, a single blade or we will devolve into a thousand tiny razors scraping on the heels of those united above us.
Factbook

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Imperati wrote:Doesn't sound like there is much room for a new player.

Plenty of room. Never underestimate the hunger of a Cosmic Horror. Most of the currently involved players are already in with characters in the Outbreak threads, not armies. And armies will be needed in upcoming threads.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents