NATION

PASSWORD

Anti-Communism Alliance - [MEMENTO MORI]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Castille de Italia
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:28 pm

New Belhavia wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:May I ask you to see how many votes Flag Two has?

Haha you mean the 1.9 million votes you added to the tally...?

It's kind of a Kansas "let's sneak in and vote to have slavery here" thing...

Bloody Kansas and state's rights/Civil War reference.
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

Main Directory | IIWiki | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis
Proud Supporter of the Israeli War of Self-Defense Against Hamas Terrorists
Proud Supporter of Frat Boys Tearing Down Palestinian Solidarity Encampments
Proud Supporter of Waffle House

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Opinions on the last applicant's, Vlack Sturm's, admission?
Last edited by Prussia-Steinbach on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

The Black Plains
Senator

Founded: Jan 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Plains » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Opinions on the last applicant's admission?

My experience with Vlack Sturm has been good, if somewhat indirect. He seems a competent writer. He certainly responds to telegrams dutifully and can keep his cool ;)

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:32 pm

The Black Plains wrote:
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Opinions on the last applicant's admission?

My experience with Vlack Sturm has been good, if somewhat indirect. He seems a competent writer. He certainly responds to telegrams dutifully and can keep his cool ;)

Good enough for me.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

New Belhavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Belhavia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:32 pm

Castille de Italia wrote:
New Belhavia wrote:
Haha you mean the 1.9 million votes you added to the tally...?

It's kind of a Kansas "let's sneak in and vote to have slavery here" thing...

I'm a big history buff. I got the reference ;)
The Empire of Belhavia
National Factbook (IIwiki): Imperial Leadership - Imperial Armed Forces - Foreign Relations - News

[01:56] <NB> Moral of the story: Don't f*** with the NB political machine. We f***in' hustle for our votes...
"My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own...my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny." - Elaine Maxwell
"The historical debate is over. Free market capitalism is the answer." - Thomas Friedman

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:35 pm

New Belhavia wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:It's kind of a Kansas "let's sneak in and vote to have slavery here" thing...

Just making sure. I teach a both a Government and a US History class, and sometimes, my students aggravate me by not knowing some of this stuff, even though I've drilled it their head for the last week. That's what kind of mode kicked in right there...
Last edited by Castille de Italia on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Directory | IIWiki | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis

Vlack Sturm
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlack Sturm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Hello, Vlack here.
Federation of Burzia
Pardes

New Belhavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Belhavia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:37 pm

New Belhavia wrote:

Just making sure. I teach a both a Government and a US History class, and sometimes, my students aggravate me by knowing some of this stuff, even though I've drilled it their head for the last week. That's what kind of mode kicked in right there...

Ah, that's pretty cool! Haha, yeah, I can imagine...that is why I am not a teacher.

Vlack: Welcome to the ACA!
The Empire of Belhavia
National Factbook (IIwiki): Imperial Leadership - Imperial Armed Forces - Foreign Relations - News

[01:56] <NB> Moral of the story: Don't f*** with the NB political machine. We f***in' hustle for our votes...
"My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own...my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny." - Elaine Maxwell
"The historical debate is over. Free market capitalism is the answer." - Thomas Friedman

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:40 pm

New Belhavia wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:Just making sure. I teach a both a Government and a US History class, and sometimes, my students aggravate me by knowing some of this stuff, even though I've drilled it their head for the last week. That's what kind of mode kicked in right there...

Ah, that's pretty cool! Haha, yeah, I can imagine...that is why I am not a teacher.

Vlack: Welcome to the ACA!

I don't know society has come to.

Vlack: Well howdy there, partner! Welcome to the good ole' Crawford Ranch. I'm George W. Bush, but my friends call me Georgie! Grab a 30 pack and that shotgun, and we'll head on down to the border and shoot immigrants political dissenters...

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Castille de Italia wrote:Vlack: Well howdy there, partner! Welcome to the good ole' Crawford Ranch. I'm George W. Bush, but my friends call me Georgie! Grab a 30 pack and that shotgun, and we'll head on down to the border and shoot immigrants political dissenters...

Don't be silly.

We'll just go into town. The border's half an hour away, and I want some Taco Bell.

Vlack Sturm
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlack Sturm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Shooting immigrants is interesting, but making them conscripts and getting them killed in war time is even better. /meisdevioussob
Federation of Burzia
Pardes

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:Vlack: Well howdy there, partner! Welcome to the good ole' Crawford Ranch. I'm George W. Bush, but my friends call me Georgie! Grab a 30 pack and that shotgun, and we'll head on down to the border and shoot immigrants political dissenters...

Don't be silly.

We'll just go into town. The border's half an hour away, and I want some Taco Bell.

But they never work at Taco Bell. It's too obvious. We have some that come to the ranch, but we have to wait until the hedges grow out.

Disclaimer: Note that this does not depict the political views of Lawrence Morris, the player behind the nation of Castille de Italia. While Lawrence is a Republican, he is not that conservative. He does not have illegals mowing his lawn. Okay, maybe that one time...

Vlack Sturm wrote:Shooting immigrants is interesting, but making them conscripts and getting them killed in war time is even better. /meisdevioussob

I tried to enact that, but Congress shot it down. Strangely, Jill Stein was all for it for some reason...

New Nassrau
Senator

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Nassrau » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:09 pm

New Belhavia wrote:

Just making sure. I teach a both a Government and a US History class, and sometimes, my students aggravate me by not knowing some of this stuff, even though I've drilled it their head for the last week. That's what kind of mode kicked in right there...

Oh wow! History teacher? I also enjoy history, however I am more inclined to Military and European History
-Wombat Character
-Martina Del Sol looks like this
Sexy Nass Looks like this
I try my best RP-ing now a different character, like… this woman
-Nass adoptive parent of Aidannadia
-Friends are mostly everyone in Wombat
-Torrocca and I are not dating
-RIP, I WILL MISS THIS

I'm Jewish, AKA I killed Jesus
Lanos... where are you

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:14 pm

New Nassrau wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:Just making sure. I teach a both a Government and a US History class, and sometimes, my students aggravate me by not knowing some of this stuff, even though I've drilled it their head for the last week. That's what kind of mode kicked in right there...

Oh wow! History teacher? I also enjoy history, however I am more inclined to Military and European History

I love military history. Studied it in college. I prefer US history myself, but I hate the newer textbooks we've been issued. They cover maybe about a period, like the Indian Territory joining the CSA, but they'll talk about every little thing that happened, instead of talking about the real important things, and going into detail about them.

New Nassrau
Senator

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Nassrau » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:16 pm

New Nassrau wrote:Oh wow! History teacher? I also enjoy history, however I am more inclined to Military and European History

I love military history. Studied it in college. I prefer US history myself, but I hate the newer textbooks we've been issued. They cover maybe about a period, like the Indian Territory joining the CSA, but they'll talk about every little thing that happened, instead of talking about the real important things, and going into detail about them.

As a job choice, i've wanted to be a history professor, however i've found out that the job market for that is ever so shrinking. Thus, i've found that physical therapy is a choice for me... anyways, I must ask, how much wriggle room are you allowed to teach stuff off book?
-Wombat Character
-Martina Del Sol looks like this
Sexy Nass Looks like this
I try my best RP-ing now a different character, like… this woman
-Nass adoptive parent of Aidannadia
-Friends are mostly everyone in Wombat
-Torrocca and I are not dating
-RIP, I WILL MISS THIS

I'm Jewish, AKA I killed Jesus
Lanos... where are you

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:22 pm

New Nassrau wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:I love military history. Studied it in college. I prefer US history myself, but I hate the newer textbooks we've been issued. They cover maybe about a period, like the Indian Territory joining the CSA, but they'll talk about every little thing that happened, instead of talking about the real important things, and going into detail about them.

As a job choice, i've wanted to be a history professor, however i've found out that the job market for that is ever so shrinking. Thus, i've found that physical therapy is a choice for me... anyways, I must ask, how much wriggle room are you allowed to teach stuff off book?

Basically, what I do is, we'll read about a paragraph or two, and then I'll go ahead and go into detail on the important stuff, like the Loyal Creek and their support of the Union, and ignore stuff like Albert Pike being Indian Commissioner, or Fort Washita being abandoned or something. So not a whole lot of wiggle room. I basically tell the important stuff, while trying to teach the stuff I'm required to...

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:35 pm

New Belhavia

Posted the final ORBAT off site.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:42 am

Any idea on when replies to the summit will be up? I had a thought to a compromise regarding the sovereignty issued raised by the proposed legislation and wanted to see if I should wait to post it after rebuttals or edit my post.

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Transnapastain wrote:Any idea on when replies to the summit will be up? I had a thought to a compromise regarding the sovereignty issued raised by the proposed legislation and wanted to see if I should wait to post it after rebuttals or edit my post.

Just post it. It is polite to wait a certain amount of time, but if responses are not forthcoming, go ahead.

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:45 pm

This is potentially a threat to the ACA

Members of the International Coalition for Expansion are doing "intel checks" on us. Well, I made their hit list! Makes me feel special...

The Black Plains
Senator

Founded: Jan 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Plains » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Castille de Italia wrote:This is potentially a threat to the ACA

Members of the International Coalition for Expansion are doing "intel checks" on us. Well, I made their hit list! Makes me feel special...

I am completely and utterly terrified.

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:00 pm

The Black Plains wrote:

I am completely and utterly terrified.

Why?

Dakini Femina
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini Femina » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm

The Black Plains wrote:I am completely and utterly terrified.

Why?

I believe he was being sarcastic.

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Dakini Femina wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:Why?

I believe he was being sarcastic.

Ah, okay...

It's sometimes hard to tell if someones being sarcastic through text...

Elcric Kcalb
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2009
Corporate Police State

Postby Elcric Kcalb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:11 pm

I doubt it. Most of the stuff is fairly petty or OOC. Hardly much of an "intel check" anyway.

EDIT: Besides, they'll either be too busy occupying Ralkovia or getting snuffed out by him in the immediate future to bother us.
Last edited by Elcric Kcalb on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents