NATION

PASSWORD

Wrath of the North (OOC/MT/Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:07 pm

To be honest seeing as only about five people are still participating I'd let you in but I would want to hear the opinions of everyone else first.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Sankt-Mikhail
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sankt-Mikhail » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:Question for the OPs:
I know I had previously tried to enter the RP thinking it was open. Sorry about that.

But is it possible to “kind of” enter it?

1: The characters I‘m playing (If this is accepted, of course) are private company owners or employees without any affiliation to the government. Officially, the state either doesn’t know about this or has turned a blind eye, so we technically aren’t entering, just the company.

2: The characters are only providing specialized supplies and equipment, and are not participating fighters, nor will they send anyone to fight in the conflict. They might provide high-class weapons and gear, but I promise I won’t have them send overpowered, gamebreaking wunderwaffes that’ll immediately godmod my side and put an end to the RP or change it too drastically. They simply don’t have access to things like that anyways. If anything, their involvement will only change its course slightly. In the end, it’s up to the side my characters support on how they’ll use the equipment (although I will take at least partial responsibility if they abuse it).

3: The whole thing is highly secretive and might even become completely unofficial (IC, of course, but we know it’s real), even to the companies involved.

If you don’t want it on your IC thread, can I RP it via telegram to the countries my characters support?

Basically, is what I described allowed?

If I was OP, I would respectfully decline. However, I'm not, so it's not my call.

I suspect you'll be aiding Atkemri, though. Like everyone else. In which case I have to protest because it seems like everyone wants to aid Atkemri, and that's just not fair. Especially considering he's the aggressor of the conflict.

Of course, that's just my two cents.
-~ The Sovereign City-State of St. Michael ~-

Basically an autocratic Russian city-state on an island in the Northern Pacific Ocean, between Alaska and Eastern Siberia. NSStats are void.
Benevolent dictator, very friendly, doesn't hold people's political opinions against them, gives out his respect like it's candy. If you don't read everything he says in a thick Russian accent, you're reading it wrong.

Tawwassen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tawwassen » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:54 pm

Sankt-Mikhail wrote:
If I was OP, I would respectfully decline. However, I'm not, so it's not my call.

I suspect you'll be aiding Atkemri, though. Like everyone else. In which case I have to protest because it seems like everyone wants to aid Atkemri, and that's just not fair. Especially considering he's the aggressor of the conflict.

I'm inclined to agree with this, but I mean, at the same time if you wanted to do some deals with Atkemri (I'm assuming you're supporting him) behind the scenes through tgs, I can't really stop you. So doing that I'm fine with, but I think it would be best if the RP itself stays closed. I hope that makes sense and works for people

Also, sorry for the wait I'm going to try and post tomorrow :(
THE CONFEDERACY OF TAWWASSEN
OOC|Our Leader|Factbook|Q&A|
Current Year: 2019
The Red And Black: Mexican Government retreats from Chiapas, after a crushing defeat at the hands of the Zapaptistas and Black Army Volunteers! Attempts to liberate Tabasco are now underway /// Dolphin awarded the Medal of the People's Revolution after a heroic rescue off the Coast of Tofino /// Kootenay Arms Plant unveils prototype Gauss Infantry Weapon: The GAR-21

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Tawwassen wrote:
Sankt-Mikhail wrote:

I'm inclined to agree with this, but I mean, at the same time if you wanted to do some deals with Atkemri (I'm assuming you're supporting him) behind the scenes through tgs, I can't really stop you. So doing that I'm fine with, but I think it would be best if the RP itself stays closed. I hope that makes sense and works for people

Also, sorry for the wait I'm going to try and post tomorrow :(

Alright, then. Fair enough.
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Tawwassen wrote:"Well, it's confirmed. The Roman fleet is pulling back. Looks like we scared 'em off."

So yeah, I'm doubtful your militia would have any clue where the fleet was. You realize it takes time to get across the sea, and it was still days away when it was recalled? Your people are still waiting for something that will never come to come
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Tawwassen
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Tawwassen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:44 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:
Tawwassen wrote:"Well, it's confirmed. The Roman fleet is pulling back. Looks like we scared 'em off."

So yeah, I'm doubtful your militia would have any clue where the fleet was. You realize it takes time to get across the sea, and it was still days away when it was recalled? Your people are still waiting for something that will never come to come

We do still have satellites, but yeah, maybe I'll retcon that
Last edited by Tawwassen on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Red And Black: Mexican Government retreats from Chiapas, after a crushing defeat at the hands of the Zapaptistas and Black Army Volunteers! Attempts to liberate Tabasco are now underway /// Dolphin awarded the Medal of the People's Revolution after a heroic rescue off the Coast of Tofino /// Kootenay Arms Plant unveils prototype Gauss Infantry Weapon: The GAR-21

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:41 am

Tawwassen wrote:
New Roma Republic wrote:

We do still have satellites, but yeah, maybe I'll retcon that

Tawwassen wrote:3 Civilian, 5 For various scientific purposes, 1 Military Satellite.

The only satellite that might be able to spot a fleet of ships was your military satellite that was shot down a few posts ago. So your nation has no way of seeing where my fleet is and/or what they are doing
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma

Tawwassen
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Tawwassen » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:53 am

New Roma Republic wrote:
Tawwassen wrote:We do still have satellites, but yeah, maybe I'll retcon that

Tawwassen wrote:3 Civilian, 5 For various scientific purposes, 1 Military Satellite.

The only satellite that might be able to spot a fleet of ships was your military satellite that was shot down a few posts ago. So your nation has no way of seeing where my fleet is and/or what they are doing

Well, I'm an idiot. Completely forgot about that. Sorry :(

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:00 am

So what did I miss over the past few days? Has peace been accomplished or is some fighting still going on?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Atkemri
Minister

Postby Atkemri » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:28 am

Allanea wrote:So what did I miss over the past few days? Has peace been accomplished or is some fighting still going on?

There has been no peace at all.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:36 am

Okay then, time for me to post.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:46 am

Tawwassen wrote:
New Roma Republic wrote:

Well, I'm an idiot. Completely forgot about that. Sorry :(

That's alright! It was a while ago that post went up

Atkemri
Minister

Postby Atkemri » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:46 pm

Bump.

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used

Atkemri
Minister

Postby Atkemri » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:40 pm

That picture is gold. Anyway are you leaving the RP? Are you doing something else?
Last edited by Atkemri on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:00 pm

Atkemri wrote:That picture is gold. Anyway are you leaving the RP? Are you doing something else?

Thank you, I spent too much time making it lol. Feel free to use it anytime!

I'm not sure; that not allowing the lefties into Congress thing threw a curveball because my nation's foreign and domestic policies are to promote freedom. I'll need to regroup. I am currently not leaving the RP. But finals are coming up soon, so my attendance on NS will be slim over the next 2-3 weeks, just as a warning

Atkemri
Minister

Postby Atkemri » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:36 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:
Atkemri wrote:That picture is gold. Anyway are you leaving the RP? Are you doing something else?

Thank you, I spent too much time making it lol. Feel free to use it anytime!

I'm not sure; that not allowing the lefties into Congress thing threw a curveball because my nation's foreign and domestic policies are to promote freedom. I'll need to regroup. I am currently not leaving the RP. But finals are coming up soon, so my attendance on NS will be slim over the next 2-3 weeks, just as a warning

Considering that just last year the lefties attempted a internal coup and being at war with leftists that seems like a internal threat. What if they are working with the enemy?

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Atkemri wrote:
New Roma Republic wrote:Thank you, I spent too much time making it lol. Feel free to use it anytime!

Considering that just last year the lefties attempted a internal coup and being at war with leftists that seems like a internal threat. What if they are working with the enemy?

Sounds like the same argument the US used during WWII after the attack on Pearl Harbor when locking up their entire Japanese descended population in Internment Camps

Atkemri
Minister

Postby Atkemri » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:58 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:
Atkemri wrote:Considering that just last year the lefties attempted a internal coup and being at war with leftists that seems like a internal threat. What if they are working with the enemy?

Sounds like the same argument the US used during WWII after the attack on Pearl Harbor when locking up their entire Japanese descended population in Internment Camps

They tried performing a literal coup against us.

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used

Sankt-Mikhail
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sankt-Mikhail » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:53 am

Atkemri wrote:
New Roma Republic wrote:

They tried performing a literal coup against us.

Yeah but we don't arrest Muslim Americans because of 9/11, now do we?

Basically an autocratic Russian city-state on an island in the Northern Pacific Ocean, between Alaska and Eastern Siberia. NSStats are void.
Benevolent dictator, very friendly, doesn't hold people's political opinions against them, gives out his respect like it's candy. If you don't read everything he says in a thick Russian accent, you're reading it wrong.

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Well, this anti-communist change certainly makes Atkemri more aligned with our political ideology and viewpoint, but the tense geopolitical situation precludes any form of direct military intervention - Economic assistance is much more likely, if you're up for that.
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Sankt-Mikhail wrote:
Atkemri wrote:They tried performing a literal coup against us.

Let's keep discussion of Atkemri's in-character policies to the IC.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Tawwassen
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Tawwassen » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:13 pm

I'll try to get a post up by tomorrow, sorry for the wait, I was a little distracted.

Also, jesus h. christ that picture of Lucky. xd

Sankt-Mikhail
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sankt-Mikhail » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Allanea wrote:
Sankt-Mikhail wrote:

Let's keep discussion of Atkemri's in-character policies to the IC.

That defeats the entire point of the OOC thread: To discuss IC actions from an OOC perspective.

Atkemri
Minister

Postby Atkemri » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Sankt-Mikhail wrote:
Atkemri wrote:They tried performing a literal coup against us.

No but these are parties with some type of power. They may have been absolutely decimated with a massive investigation going on,but they are a very vocal minority.

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used

Sankt-Mikhail
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sankt-Mikhail » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:49 pm

Atkemri wrote:
Sankt-Mikhail wrote:

No but these are parties with some type of power. They may have been absolutely decimated with a massive investigation going on,but they are a very vocal minority.

Loud or not, a minority is still a minority.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents