NATION

PASSWORD

The Resolute Syndicate [FT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ozymos
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:29 am

Sounds good. With the rejuvination of my nation, I should return to being active.
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:53 am

Sounds good to me. I have no problems with it.
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Storm Gard
Envoy

Founded: Jul 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Storm Gard » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:35 am

Sounds good Jenrak, I'm all for it.

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:29 am

I'm for three out of the four, but the veto suggestion needs modification.

There's plenty of us in here with differing ideologies, and one member deciding to be against the Syndicate's ways could easily shoot down a pretty important vote with just a few words. Thus, I'm not gonna kill the veto idea (executive action is good, after all) but I'm going to push that each veto would need a second from another Syndicate member. This ensures that at least there's two guys on board, and not just one simple rogue thing hanging out there. If the veto guy is also doing something crazy, that way he'll have to drum up support for a second before simply just dropping the veto-hammer on something as well.

It's a safeguard, and maybe a bit time-consuming there, but it'll prevent more egregious vetoes or the real killer, people who are about to have their veto month expire and simply drop them on legislation because they can.

If that's not good, then I propose we follow the American model and have a vote number (2/3, 3/4, whatever) that can override a veto. Either way, absolute power over legislation pieces in the hands of one member not so inclined to support the Syndicate could be anything from annoying to disastrous. We don't want to make that mistake. Lookin' out for the big picture here.

The rest of them are good, particularly the team idea stemming from the Conglomerate teams that are awesome.
Last edited by Amazonian Beasts on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://wearesanctum.wordpress.com/ - Follow New Azura, Storm Gard, and myself amongst others as we talk about random stuff, from sports to comedy.

Hurricanes/Trojans/Wildcats; Jaguars/Spurs/Dodgers/Avalanche/Ravens

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:16 pm

I agree with the proposed motion.
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Techno-Kat
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Kat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:53 pm

I agree with Jenrak's notion, save the team bit. |:

I'm not exactly the most social person ever, so I don't tend to forge very good OOC (in my eyes) ties with other people when RPing, and I don't have any IC ties with anyone on the in the Synd anyways, besides Abruzi. So, between that, I really don't know who I get along with or not since I don't interact much, and when I do I tend to keep it quite closed up (all my threads have been invite-only).

Unless you're willing to let me be part of my own team or something, I don't really know where I'll fit in with such a system, enh.
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.62
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -6.31

Yokohama Prefecture
Attaché

Founded: May 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokohama Prefecture » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:55 pm

I'm going to have to apologize, I may be inactive over the next few days. I don't want to broadcast why I may be inactive over the next few days on the public forum, so whoever wishes to know can telegram me.

Sorry, I'll be sure to be more active when I get back.
"Who is so deafe or so blinde as is hee
That willfully will neither heare nor see?"

— John Heywood (c. 1565) Proverbs

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:42 am

looks pretty good... it's the kinda thing th Cong has... so it'll most likely work.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Alright, I'll have this stuff implemented by Friday.

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:42 am

Kat, you could be on my team since I'm inside of you.
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

L3 Communications
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby L3 Communications » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:44 am

Abruzi wrote:Kat, you could be on my team since I'm inside of you.

itt abruzi knows how to type in just the way that people will take it totally the wrong way
The Corporate Conglomerate of L3 Communications
L3 Corporate Factbook - L3 Embassy/Consulate Programme - L3 Broadcasting Corporation - L3 Communications - Global Armaments

- Member of The Conglomerate
- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -4.46

New Nicksyllvania wrote:WA is jew infested tyranny that does not understand freedom and 0% taxation

Lyras wrote:Thirdly, the inclusion of multiple penetration aids (such as flares, chaff, false-target balloons and lubricant)...

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:14 am

Abruzi wrote:Kat, you could be on my team since I'm inside of you.

Well, that's enlightening.

At least it's a team effort...
http://wearesanctum.wordpress.com/ - Follow New Azura, Storm Gard, and myself amongst others as we talk about random stuff, from sports to comedy.

Hurricanes/Trojans/Wildcats; Jaguars/Spurs/Dodgers/Avalanche/Ravens

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:08 am

Alright, guys, please let me know where y'are in terms of who you're good at working with, and I'll get it considered and set up.

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Jenrak wrote:Alright, guys, please let me know where y'are in terms of who you're good at working with, and I'll get it considered and set up.

The following are nations with which Morningstar currently has open and friendly relations:
The Kitsune Empire [Xiscapia]
The Pokosian Commonwealth [O Boyce]

The following are nations which Morningstar is aware of, and knows a little about, but currently has no formal contact with:
The United Extrasolar Kingdom [Ozymos]
The Russian Empire [OMGeverynameistaken]
The Technocratic Confederation [Techno-Kat]

The following are nations which we only know rumors and stories about, and these make us nervous:
The Arkas Avhuvria [Jenrak]
The Celestial Republic [Amazonian Beasts]

The following are nations which are officially declared enemies of the state, and with which we have open hostilities with should we encounter them:
The Lost Planet of Arullan [Brewdomia]
The Immortal Pathogen [Rethan]

The following are nations with whom the only contact or information Morningstar has is communiques through Syndicate channels:
The Ascendancy [Storm Gard]
The Personalities [Seperates]
The Forged Steel Private Military Contracting Company [Abruzi]
The Federation of Terra Empira [Terra Empira]
The Tiuraboan Domination [Tiurabo]
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:01 pm

Interestingly, you can basically duplicate Morningstar's profile in relation to myself as well, with the addendum that the Kitsune Empire has open and (potentially) friendly relations with Yokohama Prefecture, as well as a good OOC one.
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:09 pm

From the list, the Rethast don't really have very many relations with people. It also takes a lot for them to actually dislike someone and be totally unwilling to work with them, which is why only Morningstar gets that prestigious reward. Anyone under Neutral/Unknown could forge friendly relations with the Rethast. Or at the very least, wouldn't be targeted by the Pathogen straight away.

Good Relations
The Lost Planet of Arullan
The Forged Steel Private Military Contracting Company

Neutral/Unknown
The Arkas Avhuvria
The Celestial Republic
The United Extrasolar Kingdom
The Ascendancy
The Kitsune Empire
The Pokosian Commonwealth
The Personalities
The Russian Empire
The Technocratic Confederation
The Federation of Terra Empira
The Tiuraboan Domination

Open Hostilities
The Morningstar Coalition
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Yokohama Prefecture
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokohama Prefecture » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:16 pm

So, Japan is back from my own version of maternity leave and I was wondering if someone would give me a recap of what's been happening.

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Jenrak wrote:I want to get an OOC discussion on this:

To note, guys, I will be adding and modifying the Syndicate in a few ways:

Actively weed out inactive members without priory notification of their inactivity
    I will be making two rosters - a full roster and an 'inactive' and 'probationary' roster. The second roster will /not/ count to majority vote, and thereby any inactive members will not receive benefit of the Syndicate nor its protection, but conversely they are free to act as they choose. Members who have a history of chronic inactivity will be simply taken off the roster entirely to prevent us languishing based on number count. The definition of 'active' will apply to this organization - being active in other organizations will not count as 'active' to the Syndicate.

Create a permanent rotation of veto-carrying members on resolutions
    I will make a permanently rotating cast of 2 members on the active roster who will carry two-time veto opportunities. Appointments will last 1 month (my time). The Vetos will be handed out randomly based on number generation, and anyone with a veto may veto any referendum or prospect if they wish to, save for two things - the motion to eject that member, and the motion to go to war. The former is given legitimacy by voting and due process to prevent abuse of veto power, whereas the latter is tied to the security council, which on the subject...

Create a permanent rotation of a 'war council' for quicker response to war
    I will make a permanently rotating cast of 3 members on the active roster who have the capacity to decide without vote whether the Syndicate may, as a whole, go to war or enact disciplinary action upon others. Appointments will last 1 month (my time). The positions will be handed out randomly based on number generation, and anyone with this position may call war or disciplinary action in event of an action. In other words, it is a reaction. The attack pre-emptively still requires majority vote. On the subject of war...

The Syndicate will be split into teams with team leaders
    Team leaders will be decided by majority vote within each group. A group may only consist of active roster players. Members within a group will be created based on preferences, strengths, weaknesses, and IC and OOC interaction and ability to get along. Team leaders are elected, and do not carry more voting weight, but will bear responsibility to keep the team notified as well as will be notified beforehand of any events as well as bear responsibility for keeping the team in charge. Team Leaders, after 1 month, may be put under consideration for a new team leader within each team.

But before I put these in, I would like your thoughts, comments and suggestions. Any ideas you want to change, add, take out?

SITREP.
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Yokohama Prefecture
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokohama Prefecture » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Xiscapia wrote:
Jenrak wrote:I want to get an OOC discussion on this:

To note, guys, I will be adding and modifying the Syndicate in a few ways:

Actively weed out inactive members without priory notification of their inactivity
    I will be making two rosters - a full roster and an 'inactive' and 'probationary' roster. The second roster will /not/ count to majority vote, and thereby any inactive members will not receive benefit of the Syndicate nor its protection, but conversely they are free to act as they choose. Members who have a history of chronic inactivity will be simply taken off the roster entirely to prevent us languishing based on number count. The definition of 'active' will apply to this organization - being active in other organizations will not count as 'active' to the Syndicate.

Create a permanent rotation of veto-carrying members on resolutions
    I will make a permanently rotating cast of 2 members on the active roster who will carry two-time veto opportunities. Appointments will last 1 month (my time). The Vetos will be handed out randomly based on number generation, and anyone with a veto may veto any referendum or prospect if they wish to, save for two things - the motion to eject that member, and the motion to go to war. The former is given legitimacy by voting and due process to prevent abuse of veto power, whereas the latter is tied to the security council, which on the subject...

Create a permanent rotation of a 'war council' for quicker response to war
    I will make a permanently rotating cast of 3 members on the active roster who have the capacity to decide without vote whether the Syndicate may, as a whole, go to war or enact disciplinary action upon others. Appointments will last 1 month (my time). The positions will be handed out randomly based on number generation, and anyone with this position may call war or disciplinary action in event of an action. In other words, it is a reaction. The attack pre-emptively still requires majority vote. On the subject of war...

The Syndicate will be split into teams with team leaders
    Team leaders will be decided by majority vote within each group. A group may only consist of active roster players. Members within a group will be created based on preferences, strengths, weaknesses, and IC and OOC interaction and ability to get along. Team leaders are elected, and do not carry more voting weight, but will bear responsibility to keep the team notified as well as will be notified beforehand of any events as well as bear responsibility for keeping the team in charge. Team Leaders, after 1 month, may be put under consideration for a new team leader within each team.

But before I put these in, I would like your thoughts, comments and suggestions. Any ideas you want to change, add, take out?

SITREP.

Thanks, I'll get to reading it.

O Boyce
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby O Boyce » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:02 pm

The following are nations with which Pokos currently has open and friendly relations:
The Kitsune Empire [Xiscapia]
Morningstar Coalition

The following are nations which Pokos is aware of, and knows a little about, but currently has no formal contact with:
The United Extrasolar Kingdom [Ozymos]
The Russian Empire [OMGeverynameistaken]
The Technocratic Confederation [Techno-Kat]

The following are nations which we only know rumors:
The Arkas Avhuvria [Jenrak]
The Celestial Republic [Amazonian Beasts]
The Lost Planet of Arullan [Brewdomia]
The Immortal Pathogen [Rethan]

The following are nations with whom the only contact or information Pokos has is communiques through Syndicate channels:
The Ascendancy [Storm Gard]
The Personalities [Seperates]
The Forged Steel Private Military Contracting Company [Abruzi]
The Federation of Terra Empira [Terra Empira]
The Tiuraboan Domination [Tiurabo]
Last edited by O Boyce on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Barony of the Galactic Empire
FT: Pokosian Commonwealth
MT: Commonwealth of O Boyce
"I got caught making out with a bowl of cherries, by my husband, he is an oninon"
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=43634
FT Factbook

Techno-Kat
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Kat » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:58 pm

I want to be popular too!

Friendly, Capitalist Nations: (Otherwise known as the consexual renationship)
  • Forged Steel
  • Derscon

Slightly less Friendly, but still quite Capitalist Nations: (Otherwise known as the mildly returned, probably a bit one-sided renationship)
  • The Russian Empire

Slightly Friendly, Somewhat Capitalist Nations: (The creepy, stalkerish renationship. The you probably don't know me but I look into your window every night while you're undressing and masturbate to your sexy diplomatic letters renationship. Those people who we know a whole lot about, but they know very little of us.)
  • Tracer Fox
  • Xiscapian Empire
  • Ozymos

Really distant, possibly related, maybe several times disowned and somewhat creepy uncle-in-law Nations: (Otherwise known as the who are you renationship)
  • Jenrak
  • AB
  • Yoko Ono Yokohama Space Weeaboos
  • O Boyardee Boyce
  • Separetes
  • Fag
  • Tiurabo
  • Storm_
  • Archi

Communist Baby Eaters, Child Rapers, and Woman Killers: (Evil, thuggish savages. Foaming at the mouth, rabid brutes. Child raping serial murderers who like to flip people off while they're turning a corner so they whack into a streetlight. The ex-girlfriend/mother-in-law renationship.)
  • Everyone else in the Milky Way.
  • Huerdae
  • Rethan
  • Brew
Last edited by Techno-Kat on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.62
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -6.31

Yokohama Prefecture
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokohama Prefecture » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:07 am

Techno-Kat wrote:Yoko Ono Yokohama Space Weeaboos

):<

Ozymos
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:39 am

Techno-Kat wrote:I want to be popular too!

Slightly Friendly, Somewhat Capitalist Nations: (I look into your window every night while you're undressing and masturbate)
  • Ozymos

Congratulations, you just forfeited your right to be popular. Tits or GTFO ;)

Allies/Friendly Nations:
  • Morningstar
  • Xiscapia
  • The Russian Empire

Neutral/Unknown Nations:
  • Jenrak
  • Seperates
  • Tiurabo
  • Techno-Kat
  • Abruzi
  • O Boyce
  • Storm Gard
  • Terra Empira
  • Yokohama Prefecture

Hostiles/Possible Hostiles:
  • Rethan
  • Brew
  • AB
  • The United Extrasolar Kingdom. What a fuckin' douche :P
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Alright, much thanks, I will get it ready for tommorrow.

Terra Empira
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Empira » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Jenrak wrote:Alright, guys, please let me know where y'are in terms of who you're good at working with, and I'll get it considered and set up.

Oooh! I want to do one!

The following nations are heard of by the Terra Empira, who wishes to forge some kind of alliance or treaty with:

<Everybody goes here>

The following enemies are very mean and nasty, and we will ship them to a giant underwater dome for brain transplants and ice cream, but not before we fire several high yield nuclear war heads:

The Immortal Pathogen [Rethan] - We will shove 'ze nukes up his ass, because we actually have a dedicated anti-Rethan task force.
Last edited by Terra Empira on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Intersteller Federation of Terra Empira // The Lorraian Republic

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents