NATION

PASSWORD

A Lost Age [PT/FanT World] (Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Redemption-America
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Redemption-America » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Literally just drew a map with that. Hah.
1939! The World of Tomorrow! - Soviet Union
A Lost Age - Kingdom of Annui Taur
History of Man - Republic of Cascadia
History of Empires - Empire of Constantinople
"Stalin vs. Ron Paul would be a real challenge for me. I would abstain, of course."
"Well, NSG is all ERMAGERD LIBRALISM!"
"GENDER SCIENCE. Sounds like a degree one of those uber-liberal tiny colleges would award to the future-unemployed."

Atelia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Atelia » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Redemption-America wrote:

The same claim? What do ya know.
Orthodox Crusader, Proud Pontic Greek living in Moscow, Traditionalist, Eurasianist, ENTJ single man.

☩Defend Humanity, Rebel Against The Modern World☩

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SquareDisc City » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Well the final word will be with the OPs, but I'm just seeing this as expressions of interest at the moment anyway.
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

IshCong
Senator

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby IshCong » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Numer wrote:
IshCong wrote:
I can't tell if you're asking for those islands off the coast?
I...sorta had my eye on those. ~,~

Also, I have a feeling a claim size limit will be needed. Numer's especially strikes me as rather large, given the relative size of this map to the old LA map.

SquareDisc City wrote:How do we want to do the claims then:

Pick 10-20 small provinces like before? It'll give a good degree of freedom and make it fairly easy to handle bits of land changing hands. But it's more work to start with making all the borders.
Pick fewer larger provinces, say 2 or 3 each? Or even, in the extreme case, just pick pre-drawn realms. Less work for me now, and may help ensure we border each other sensibly. But more work involved should some land need to change hands from an RP.
Just draw freehand? Means I don't have to draw any borders but my own, but I'll have to work out how to bring what others put into the master map. It might be harder to ensure things stay well-organised though and nobody makes an overlarge claim.

Size of claim matters too. If the goal is to have a setting that's more compact than old Lost Age, then Numer and Armarzia have gone too large I reckon. It might help to get an idea of how many participants we're going to have.

Well you have to remember the Numerians aren't united. That territory is divided between 5 city-states often at war with each other. I don't plan on uniting them either. I just wanted to make sure each city-state has enough land to rival the others.

It's not solely a power-balancing issue. It's also a 'room for more people' issue, trying to keep things compact to facilitate interaction, and trying not to assign some players far less land than others.

New Armarzia wrote:
IshCong wrote:
I can't tell if you're asking for those islands off the coast?
I...sorta had my eye on those. ~,~

The two small ones, yes the large one to the East, no...I just needed an area that can be easily be split into with some sorta natural obstacle like water.

If you really can't find an appropriate substitute I can edit my hopeful claim.

This shows my area of interest after zooming in 6x. Black is the stuff I'm primarily interested in, red is secondary depending on what I do with the black. I'm thinking even just the black in its entirety is a bit large, so I probably won't take all of it, but it'd be nice to clear out any potential conflicts early before you and I get too far ahead of ourselves.
Last edited by IshCong on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I think that Ish'Cong coming back is what actually killed Nations. Not the CAS ragequitting and the Axis being the Axis."
The Identifier
Lt. Plot Spoiler
General Kill-joy
Major Wiki God
Comrade Commissar
Licensed Messenger Boy

Redemption-America
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Redemption-America » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Atelia wrote:
Redemption-America wrote:

The same claim? What do ya know.

I don't mind moving, though. It's not a huge deal.

Before anyone else claims it, I'll take the spot to the south of Ish'Cong and east of New Armarzia.
Last edited by Redemption-America on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Stalin vs. Ron Paul would be a real challenge for me. I would abstain, of course."
"GENDER SCIENCE. Sounds like a degree one of those uber-liberal tiny colleges would award to the future-unemployed."

New Armarzia
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:32 pm

IshCong wrote:This shows my area of interest after zooming in 6x. Black is the stuff I'm primarily interested in, red is secondary depending on what I do with the black. I'm thinking even just the black in its entirety is a bit large, so I probably won't take all of it, but it'd be nice to clear out any potential conflicts early before you and I get too far ahead of ourselves.

Alright, would you be fine if I can have the two red islands to the north and let you have the rest of the islands, though for RP purposes there could be slight contention between our two nations over the ownership of the two tiny islands West of the larger islands (though it will be administered and inhabited by your people).
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Memories of The Forgotten Please check it out if you are interested in STALKER or an RP with a post-apocalyptic vibe.

Numer
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:33 pm

IshCong wrote:
Numer wrote:

Well you have to remember the Numerians aren't united. That territory is divided between 5 city-states often at war with each other. I don't plan on uniting them either. I just wanted to make sure each city-state has enough land to rival the others.

It's not solely a power-balancing issue. It's also a 'room for more people' issue, trying to keep things compact to facilitate interaction, and trying not to assign some players far less land than others.

Ah, I see. Well, I guess it all depends on how many people we end up having. I'll downsize if need be.
Last edited by Numer on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My FanT Factbook

"Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

IshCong
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby IshCong » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:37 pm

New Armarzia wrote:
IshCong wrote:This shows my area of interest after zooming in 6x. Black is the stuff I'm primarily interested in, red is secondary depending on what I do with the black. I'm thinking even just the black in its entirety is a bit large, so I probably won't take all of it, but it'd be nice to clear out any potential conflicts early before you and I get too far ahead of ourselves.

Alright, would you be fine if I can have the two red islands to the north and let you have the rest of the islands, though for RP purposes there could be slight contention between our two nations over the ownership of the two tiny islands West of the larger islands (though it will be administered and inhabited by your people).

Yeah, I'd probably be fine with that.
"I think that Ish'Cong coming back is what actually killed Nations. Not the CAS ragequitting and the Axis being the Axis."
The Identifier
Lt. Plot Spoiler
General Kill-joy
Major Wiki God
Comrade Commissar
Licensed Messenger Boy

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:39 pm

IshCong wrote:

If you can edit the map claims that would be awesome as I am not even good at making a claim in Microsoft Paint :P

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Memories of The Forgotten Please check it out if you are interested in STALKER or an RP with a post-apocalyptic vibe.

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Can land locked nations be slightly larger, because of the necessity of maintaining enough borders as to not get surrounded by potential NPC states.

EDIT:And can we just draw rivers in as we see fit?
Last edited by Yalos on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numer
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:45 pm

Yalos wrote:Can land locked nations be slightly larger, because of the necessity of maintaining enough borders as to not get surrounded by potential NPC states.

EDIT:And can we just draw rivers in as we see fit?

That seems fair. And yeah I remember someone said earlier that you can construct your own geography.
Last edited by Numer on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My FanT Factbook

"Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:46 pm

I'll put in the major rivers (and mountains) in due course, but yeah, nothing stopping you adding smaller ones.

The simple solution for a landlocked realm is to make sure you border player realms when you make the formal claim!

IshCong
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby IshCong » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:51 pm

New Armarzia wrote:
IshCong wrote:

If you can edit the map claims that would be awesome as I am not even good at making a claim in Microsoft Paint :P

Well, I'm expecting limits on claim size or something along those lines from the admins, which will determine how I draw my own borders, at the least. If the limits are smaller, then I might not take the entirety of that black region. If they're larger or nonexistent, then I might take more of that red to the SE, as a thought. Or figure something else out.
So I'm not sure how to draw them atm.
The Identifier
Lt. Plot Spoiler
General Kill-joy
Major Wiki God
Comrade Commissar
Licensed Messenger Boy

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:51 pm

No I get that, but I meant, the bigger the nation, more Player Realms you can border, thus elminating the this risk of their all going inactive. For landlocked realms, borders are of far greater importance.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:57 pm

IshCong wrote:Well, I'm expecting limits on claim size or something along those lines from the admins, which will determine how I draw my own borders, at the least. If the limits are smaller, then I might not take the entirety of that black region. If they're larger or nonexistent, then I might take more of that red to the SE, as a thought. Or figure something else out.
So I'm not sure how to draw them atm.

Alright, by the way, where did you find the 6x map you used...just wandering for future reference to make a clear map of my individual nation way down the road.

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:59 pm

I did the zoom-in for IshCong when he mentioned he was interested in the islands, to show the details a bit better. The final map is going to be at a higher resolution than these previews anyway.

Ea90
Senator

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ea90 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:01 pm

If I may make a suggestion, I think it would be a good idea if everyone uses 1 pixel lines at all times and keep the map as a .png to retain quality.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:03 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:I did the zoom-in for IshCong when he mentioned he was interested in the islands, to show the details a bit better. The final map is going to be at a higher resolution than these previews anyway.

Alright, that is great to know...the last map for Lost Age was a little difficult for me to make my own map for my nation though that probably has to do more with my map-making skills.

Redemption-America
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Redemption-America » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:06 pm

http://imgur.com/wXZS7ky

Mine so far. These are initial.

Should be noted that we might all (other than Atelia) have to downscale.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Redemption-America wrote:http://imgur.com/wXZS7ky

Well how many nations do we plan on having? Just eyeballing the map and assuming they all are roughly the same size as Numer I would venture to say we will be able to fit at the very least 15 nations.

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Well I was envisioning space for 15-20, but not using quite the whole map, way out west will be left vacant.

Maybe it's best if I just split things up into provinces, and then we can say "select no more than x" for the claims.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:16 pm

New Armarzia wrote:
Redemption-America wrote:http://imgur.com/wXZS7ky

Well how many nations do we plan on having? Just eyeballing the map and assuming they all are roughly the same size as Numer I would venture to say we will be able to fit at the very least 15 nations.

Presumably, room left for NPCs would be desirable. As well as future players without having to immediately start replacing existing players.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:16 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:Well I was envisioning space for 15-20, but not using quite the whole map, way out west will be left vacant.

Maybe it's best if I just split things up into provinces, and then we can say "select no more than x" for the claims.

Is it possible to make expansions / additions to the map you have right now?

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:19 pm

Caecuser wrote:Is it possible to make expansions / additions to the map you have right now?
In terms of new land? Possible, yes. High priority, no.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:21 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:Well I was envisioning space for 15-20, but not using quite the whole map, way out west will be left vacant.

I would rather not do the province system again as I would prefer to map out my own borders, but that is personal preference. I think if the OPs just determined a rough size limit (with coastal nations being smaller than landlocked nations due to access of resources ands trade) and approve map claims it would work fine.

SquareDisc City wrote:
Caecuser wrote:Is it possible to make expansions / additions to the map you have right now?
In terms of new land? Possible, yes. High priority, no.

I think that would be cool, not something immediate, but way down the road something could be added off the Eastern coast such as island chains or the like.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents