NATION

PASSWORD

Witch Hunt (closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Volkovograd
Minister

Founded: Dec 21, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:15 am

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:
“They are ancient Sumerian Votive Figures, used to bind pagan gods. We have repurposed them as anti hex wards. When combined with the teachings of the Hermetics, it is a potent protection.” The Priest says proudly. It may have been a bit surprising that the fanatical House Strega used artifacts from other cultures and faiths, but House Strega had adopted a ‘use what works’ mentality.

The Priestess simply pushes one aside with her foot.
“Dead gods have no power here.”

As soon as her foot makes contact, the statuette sparks and shocks the priestess, its small eyes seemingly glowing briefly. In that moment, intricate lines in the shape of a pentacle are seen connecting the various charms and statues…

Arakhkhar
Minister

Founded: Jan 03, 2024
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:15 pm

The Priestess speaks.
“So, the blood of the false gods still flow - and you have bound them to you.”
She chuckles sinisterly.
“There is a reason those gods… died.”
She seems to disregard the shock, walking around the pair of Volkovogradians. The chandelier above them seems to shudder with her steps.
”In a civilized society, there are always people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded."
Imperial Principality of Arakhkhar
Founder of the International Security Directorate.

Wherever applicable, factbooks/dispatches take precedence over stats for RP.

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:17 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:The Priestess speaks.
She chuckles sinisterly.
She seems to disregard the shock, walking around the pair of Volkovogradians. The chandelier above them seems to shudder with her steps.

The Priest shrugs. “House Strega is resourceful. Now, shall we continue our talk?” He says politely.

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:41 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:The Priestess speaks.
She chuckles sinisterly.

The Priest shrugs. “House Strega is resourceful. Now, shall we continue our talk?” He says politely.

The Priestess’s head tilted to the side.
“Let’s.”
”In a civilized society, there are always people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded."

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:17 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:The Priest shrugs. “House Strega is resourceful. Now, shall we continue our talk?” He says politely.

The Priestess’s head tilted to the side.
“Let’s.”

“So, what are the tenets of your faith, for one. And kindly don’t give me generic feel good nonsense, I have seen your enchantments. We both know it goes deeper than that.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:26 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:The Priestess’s head tilted to the side.
“Let’s.”

“So, what are the tenets of your faith, for one. And kindly don’t give me generic feel good nonsense, I have seen your enchantments. We both know it goes deeper than that.”

“Very well. It is owed as much.”
“We do not have a central… ‘god,’ in the same way you do. There is something… comparable. Inan, or, simply - the Void - that is the name we give it, although it does not encompass what it is fully.”
The Priestess explains.
“It has a will. Limitless will - this will, the force of such… purity, in the void - it gives rise to innumerable lesser gods - each, a part of Inan, yet each, separate from each other.”
She puts her finger in the air.
“Sort of like your trinity, only, there are far more than 3 beings - each separate from each other, but all still your ‘God.’ That is what gods and spirits are to us - manifestations of the same… entity.”

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:34 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

“We do not have a central… ‘god,’ in the same way you do. There is something… comparable. Inan, or, simply - the Void - that is the name we give it, although it does not encompass what it is fully.”
The Priestess explains.
“It has a will. Limitless will - this will, the force of such… purity, in the void - it gives rise to innumerable lesser gods - each, a part of Inan, yet each, separate from each other.”
“Sort of like your trinity, only, there are far more than 3 beings - each separate from each other, but all still your ‘God.’ That is what gods and spirits are to us - manifestations of the same… entity.”

The Priest smiles. “You assume that we are papists. We acknowledge that there are other beings out there. A shame most of them are hostile. A vast, vast majority of them.” He rasps. “We are here to see if this Inan of yours is an exception. We at House Strega are more open minded than many make us out to be.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:06 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:
The Priestess explains.

The Priest smiles. “You assume that we are papists. We acknowledge that there are other beings out there. A shame most of them are hostile. A vast, vast majority of them.” He rasps. “We are here to see if this Inan of yours is an exception. We at House Strega are more open minded than many make us out to be.”

“Inan is neither hostile nor non-hostile. It exists - it is its manifestations that may be hostile or non-hostile.”
The Priestess finds a sofa, and reclines.
“For instance - there is a god of war. There is a goddess of subjugation, one of conquest - one of plague. There are others. Ones of peace, or of whatever conception of love. Inan is but the thread that binds them together.”
“And how does this manifest, say, in mortals?”
“We call it Inanmagicka. For instance…”
The Priestess holds her hand up - and several objects in the room levitate.
“It is a gift. One that is a part of our entire race.”
She gestures to the officers, who nod.
They remove their helmets, revealing the glow of their eyes.

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:12 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

“Inan is neither hostile nor non-hostile. It exists - it is its manifestations that may be hostile or non-hostile.”
“For instance - there is a god of war. There is a goddess of subjugation, one of conquest - one of plague. There are others. Ones of peace, or of whatever conception of love. Inan is but the thread that binds them together.”

The Priest chuckles. “Cambions… I should have known. No wonder everything here is tainted…” he glances at them, his red eyes seeming to flash for a second. “Everyone religion has… skeletons in their closet.” He says knowingly. “I shall require your holy texts, and a list of the spirits you venerate as deities. Our Cryptotheologians will study it, and with any luck your religion will be classified as ‘non-hostile.’ The next team will be more peaceful Seekers, if that’s the case.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:17 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:

The Priest chuckles. “Cambions… I should have known. No wonder everything here is tainted…” he glances at them, his red eyes seeming to flash for a second. “Everyone religion has… skeletons in their closet.” He says knowingly. “I shall require your holy texts, and a list of the spirits you venerate as deities. Our Cryptotheologians will study it, and with any luck your religion will be classified as ‘non-hostile.’ The next team will be more peaceful Seekers, if that’s the case.”

“You will not be able to understand them. They are… not written in a language you can understand. Few humans can. And to consort with such entities is not for someone to do so as a fanciful exploration.”
“Why do you think that we are all born this way? Bone-pale, with purple eyes? Our ancestors consorted with Inan - and were molded by it.”
“I would be willing to elaborate on aspects - but our books are not for those unwilling to convert… to be… molded, as we have been.”
Last edited by Arakhkhar on Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:19 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

“You will not be able to understand them. They are… not written in a language you can understand. Few humans can. And to consort with such entities is not for someone to do so as a fanciful exploration.”
“Why do you think that we are all born this way? Bone-pale, with purple eyes? Our ancestors consorted with Inan - and were molded by it.”
“I would be willing to elaborate on aspects - but our books are not for those unwilling to convert.”

The Priest smiles. “Humans is such a bold assumption.” He says in a surprisingly youthful and airy voice, the rasp gone almost completely. Heinrich turns to him in surprise, but wisely doesn’t say anything. “Still, we encountered enchantments like that in… it’s not important. We have a work around.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:21 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:
“I would be willing to elaborate on aspects - but our books are not for those unwilling to convert.”

The Priest smiles. “Humans is such a bold assumption.” He says in a surprisingly youthful and airy voice, the rasp gone almost completely. Heinrich turns to him in surprise, but wisely doesn’t say anything. “Still, we encountered enchantments like that in… it’s not important. We have a work around.”

The Priestess smiles, a sinister grin taking her face.
“Is that so?”
“Already corrupted by… something else, are you? I suppose, it should have been obvious. Your presence is… familiar.”
One of the officers chimes in.
“And the red eyes.”
The priestess nods.
“That too.”

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:27 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

“Is that so?”
“Already corrupted by… something else, are you? I suppose, it should have been obvious. Your presence is… familiar.”
“And the red eyes.”
The priestess nods.
“That too.”

“My House has already made their penance.” He says, tilting his head, the Deer Skull mask looking much less a part of his face then it used too. “Besides, corruption isn’t the right word. We were.. blessed. I have yet to see Witchtaint manifest in a Strega, so we must be doing something right.” He says, as he begins to sit lotus style inside of his protective circle. “Do we have an accord?”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:29 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:
“Is that so?”
“And the red eyes.”
The priestess nods.
“That too.”

“My House has already made their penance.” He says, tilting his head, the Deer Skull mask looking much less a part of his face then it used too. “Besides, corruption isn’t the right word. We were.. blessed. I have yet to see Witchtaint manifest in a Strega, so we must be doing something right.” He says, as he begins to sit lotus style inside of his protective circle. “Do we have an accord?”

The Priestess chuckles.
“You know, Alexander, that an accord is a dangerous thing to make. Between beings like us, that is.”

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:31 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

The Priestess chuckles.
“You know, Alexander, that an accord is a dangerous thing to make. Between beings like us, that is.”

“I feel like Holy War is worse, especially after our mundane counterparts have worked so hard to form an alliance. All we want is a complete holy book, and a list of spirits. Is that really so much to ask? And please don’t shortchange us, we will check to make sure it is complete.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:34 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:The Priestess chuckles.

“I feel like Holy War is worse, especially after our mundane counterparts have worked so hard to form an alliance. All we want is a complete holy book, and a list of spirits. Is that really so much to ask? And please don’t shortchange us, we will check to make sure it is complete.”

“No such thing exists. Your ‘theologians’ would have to live, as we do. To reach into the void, and hear the whispers of Gods both dead and alive, or the slumber of ancient beings - may we pray, that some of those may never wake.”
“And a list of gods and goddesses? - the fact is, we haven’t contacted all of them, yet.”

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:37 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

“No such thing exists. Your ‘theologians’ would have to live, as we do. To reach into the void, and hear the whispers of Gods both dead and alive, or the slumber of ancient beings - may we pray, that some of those may never wake.”
“And a list of gods and goddesses? - the fact is, we haven’t contacted all of them, yet.”

The priests eyes briefly glow a burning red before returning to less brighter rust red. “We have a workaround. We will just set up a Heterodox order of Monks to convert and then study them. We have done it before with several faiths that have proven hard to translate. And we will accept as complete as you have. We haven’t contacted all of them yet, either, but being able to cross reference with… outside perspectives is always useful.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:43 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:

The priests eyes briefly glow a burning red before returning to less brighter rust red. “We have a workaround. We will just set up a Heterodox order of Monks to convert and then study them. We have done it before with several faiths that have proven hard to translate. And we will accept as complete as you have. We haven’t contacted all of them yet, either, but being able to cross reference with… outside perspectives is always useful.”

The Priestess sits down.
“Well, technically, not Monks. Nuns. Men, at least, our men, generally lack affinity with Inan. Or, at least, lack affinity with our conduit to Inan - that being the Empress.”

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:46 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

The Priestess sits down.
“Well, technically, not Monks. Nuns. Men, at least, our men, generally lack affinity with Inan. Or, at least, lack affinity with our conduit to Inan - that being the Empress.”

The Priest appears to be meditating his eyes closed. “If you say so. I personally disagree with your assessment, however.” He says, the pentacle between the amulets beginning to glow the same color as his eyes

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:50 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:
The Priestess sits down.

The Priest appears to be meditating his eyes closed. “If you say so. I personally disagree with your assessment, however.” He says, the pentacle between the amulets beginning to glow the same color as his eyes

“It is a condition for this to work - women only. You, or someone else can supervise them, but their conversion must be true. Otherwise, they will die.”

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:56 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

“It is a condition for this to work - women only. You, or someone else can supervise them, but their conversion must be true. Otherwise, they will die.”

“Hnnn… fine. I have wanted a promotion anyways.” He says drily, most traces of the pretentious priest gone. His image flickers briefly, his wrinkles and frailness disappearing before reasserting itself with an expression of annoyance from the priest. “I am glad our interfaith interface has been more successful than most such conferences.” He opens one eye cautiously. “Apologies if this sounds paranoid, but if I step out of my hermetic wards will you kill me? Not that I couldn’t defend myself, but…” he smiles. “You and yours may have the advantage on a… heh, frail old man like me.” He says, his put upon rasp returning.
Last edited by Volkovograd on Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:56 pm

“Kill you?”
The Priestess giggles.
“If I wanted to do that, you would be. I could have just collapsed the roof above you. Or told the lovely ladies outside to do it.”

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:58 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:“Kill you?”
The Priestess giggles.
“If I wanted to do that, you would be. I could have just collapsed the roof above you. Or told the lovely ladies outside to do it.”

The Priest raises an eyebrow at that. “I have survived worse than that. Not without pain, but worse than that. I believe we have reached an agreement? I can’t leave until I have… direct confirmation. It is rather… important to my family, historically.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:00 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:“Kill you?”
The Priestess giggles.

The Priest raises an eyebrow at that. “I have survived worse than that. Not without pain, but worse than that. I believe we have reached an agreement? I can’t leave until I have… direct confirmation. It is rather… important to my family, historically.”

The Priestess’s eyes glow stronger.
“It is agreed.”
“You will send sisters of yours. They will convert, and study - and they shall report back to you.”

Volkovograd
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:03 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

The Priestess’s eyes glow stronger.
“It is agreed.”
“You will send sisters of yours. They will convert, and study - and they shall report back to you.”

The Priest inhales with seeming satisfaction. “Marvelous.” He rasps, the illusion fully reasserting itself. “The ArchCardinal will be pleased…”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents