NATION

PASSWORD

Dalmannia-Southeast Marajarbia Trade Talks in Corrington

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Corrington
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Dalmannia-Southeast Marajarbia Trade Talks in Corrington

Postby Corrington » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm

Corrish Trade Center, site of the negotiations

The Corrish Government is facilitating trade talks between Dalmannia and Southeast Marajarbia. Each nation will provide four diplomats to the talks. As the facilitator of the talks, Corrington will mediate and moderate the discussion. Participants are encouraged to remain civil.

DIPLOMATS:
  • Commerce Minister Nigel Prior (Corrington)
  • Marchioness Elizabeth Phillips (Corrington/Southeast Marajarbia)
  • Ambassador to Dalmannia Theresa Grant (Corrington)
  • Deputy Commerce Minister Nate Henley (Corrington)
I.C.D.N. Security Council President, Founder of S.E.T.Z.A.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:45 pm

Corrington wrote:(Image)
Corrish Trade Center, site of the negotiations

The Corrish Government is facilitating trade talks between Dalmannia and Southeast Marajarbia. Each nation will provide four diplomats to the talks. As the facilitator of the talks, Corrington will mediate and moderate the discussion. Participants are encouraged to remain civil.

DIPLOMATS:
  • Commerce Minister Nigel Prior (Corrington)
  • Marchioness Elizabeth Phillips (Corrington/Southeast Marajarbia)
  • Ambassador to Dalmannia Theresa Grant (Corrington)
  • Deputy Commerce Minister Nate Henley (Corrington)

As a part of these discussions, the Southeast Marajarbian Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall send diplomats Carl Williams and Hector Andrews, alongside Steve Michaels and Dominic Jacobs from the Southeast Marajarbian Ministry of Trade. The current trade deal proposed is to be a Phase One Trade Deal, and will hopefully be debated unanimously from the Southeast Marajarbian and Dalmannian sides respectfully. This trade agreement shall assist both sides in the creation and establishment of better relations between each other, as well as benefit each nation's respective economies.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:03 pm

Dalmannia sends Commerce Minister Janina Kalka, Minister of Foreign Affairs Aleksandra Novak, National Councilman Gereon Harrison and Federal Councilwoman Scharlotte Helm. They exchange handshakes with the diplomats from Corrington and Southeast Marajarbia before sitting down for the meeting.

“Good afternoon. My name is Alekandra Novak, and I am the Minister of Foreign Affairs in Dalmannia. It is a pleasure to meet with you all today. As a beginning point of inquiry, we would like the delegates from Southeast Marajarbia to elaborate on their plans for a “Phase One Trade Deal.”
Co-Founder of the International Consortium of Democratic Nations

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 pm

Dalmannia wrote:Dalmannia sends Commerce Minister Janina Kalka, Minister of Foreign Affairs Aleksandra Novak, National Councilman Gereon Harrison and Federal Councilwoman Scharlotte Helm. They exchange handshakes with the diplomats from Corrington and Southeast Marajarbia before sitting down for the meeting.

“Good afternoon. My name is Alekandra Novak, and I am the Minister of Foreign Affairs in Dalmannia. It is a pleasure to meet with you all today. As a beginning point of inquiry, we would like the delegates from Southeast Marajarbia to elaborate on their plans for a “Phase One Trade Deal.”

"Well, our Phase One Trade Deal is a very simple agreement, as it allows a 100 NSD discount for any and all manufacturable and agricultural products for both of our respective nations. As such, any goods manufactured in Dalmannia will be marked as an import with value in Southeast Marajarbia, and thus the import price will drop as sale prices rise for the goods. So, it will be easier for both sides to pay for imports at a cheaper price, and then proceed to sell those imports at their best value, while counting for tax and such." Said Carl.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:58 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
Dalmannia wrote:Dalmannia sends Commerce Minister Janina Kalka, Minister of Foreign Affairs Aleksandra Novak, National Councilman Gereon Harrison and Federal Councilwoman Scharlotte Helm. They exchange handshakes with the diplomats from Corrington and Southeast Marajarbia before sitting down for the meeting.

"Well, our Phase One Trade Deal is a very simple agreement, as it allows a 100 NSD discount for any and all manufacturable and agricultural products for both of our respective nations. As such, any goods manufactured in Dalmannia will be marked as an import with value in Southeast Marajarbia, and thus the import price will drop as sale prices rise for the goods. So, it will be easier for both sides to pay for imports at a cheaper price, and then proceed to sell those imports at their best value, while counting for tax and such." Said Carl.

The Dalmannian Commerce Minister nodded. “And what are your top exports?” The Senator and the Representative from the Dalmannian Parliament were also eager to ask something of the Southeast Marajarbian delegates, but kept their silence so that their Commerce Minister could have her question answered.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:03 pm

Dalmannia wrote:

The Dalmannian Commerce Minister nodded. “And what are your top exports?” The Senator and the Representative from the Dalmannian Parliament were also eager to ask something of the Southeast Marajarbian delegates, but kept their silence so that their Commerce Minister could have her question answered.

“We mainly export fruits and vegetables, alongside dairy products, alcohol, and pharmaceuticals. We also have a large amount of foreign investment into our GDP, in the form of factories, mostly built and maintained by Corrish companies.” Said Carl.

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:18 pm

“Dalmannia specializes in exporting machinery, automobiles and technology. As a manufacturing-heavy nation with a smaller amount of agribusiness, and your nation being agriculturally fecund, a phase one deal with a 100 NSD discount on trade transactions between our nations would help out both Dalmannia and Southeast Marajarbia.” the Commerce Minister agreed.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:50 pm

Dalmannia wrote:“Dalmannia specializes in exporting machinery, automobiles and technology. As a manufacturing-heavy nation with a smaller amount of agribusiness, and your nation being agriculturally fecund, a phase one deal with a 100 NSD discount on trade transactions between our nations would help out both Dalmannia and Southeast Marajarbia.” the Commerce Minister agreed.

“Shall we sign this agreement, then? Or do the other Dalmannian representatives wish to speak first?” Asked Carl.

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:00 am

Dalmannia wrote:“Dalmannia specializes in exporting machinery, automobiles and technology. As a manufacturing-heavy nation with a smaller amount of agribusiness, and your nation being agriculturally fecund, a phase one deal with a 100 NSD discount on trade transactions between our nations would help out both Dalmannia and Southeast Marajarbia.” the Commerce Minister agreed.

“Shall we sign this agreement, then? Or do the other Dalmannian representatives wish to speak first?” Asked Carl.

Senator Gereon Harrison nodded. “Yes, so... last year Dalmannia’s agricultural sector and food quality took a massive hit after a series of floods ruined much of the country’s farmlands. The demand for Southeast Marajarbia’s crops will be impressive. Its our hope that we can turn this shortage into a surplus. Can your country provide enough to both feed your own people as well as some people of distant nations?”

And Representative Scharlotte Helm’s question: “Clearly this move would benefit both parties—even Corrington, since our technology could be used to improve the Corrish manufacturing zones in Southeast Marajarbia. But such agreements will only stand so long as Dalmannia and Southeast Marajarbia preserve the peace and maintain civility. How will Southeast Marajarbia ensure that relations with Dalmannia remain decent?”

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:15 am

Dalmannia wrote:

Senator Gereon Harrison nodded. “Yes, so... last year Dalmannia’s agricultural sector and food quality took a massive hit after a series of floods ruined much of the country’s farmlands. The demand for Southeast Marajarbia’s crops will be impressive. Its our hope that we can turn this shortage into a surplus. Can your country provide enough to both feed your own people as well as some people of distant nations?”

And Representative Scharlotte Helm’s question: “Clearly this move would benefit both parties—even Corrington, since our technology could be used to improve the Corrish manufacturing zones in Southeast Marajarbia. But such agreements will only stand so long as Dalmannia and Southeast Marajarbia preserve the peace and maintain civility. How will Southeast Marajarbia ensure that relations with Dalmannia remain decent?”

“To answer both questions, Southeast Marajarbia has a lot of rural farmland and small towns, with plenty of good, sunny weather. We are very capable of producing a lot of crops in short amounts of time. As for keeping the peace, it depends on the actions of the Dalmannian Government and any foreign policy decisions made that may harm this relationship, such as working with our enemies.” Said Carl.

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:24 am

Dalmannia wrote:Senator Gereon Harrison nodded. “Yes, so... last year Dalmannia’s agricultural sector and food quality took a massive hit after a series of floods ruined much of the country’s farmlands. The demand for Southeast Marajarbia’s crops will be impressive. Its our hope that we can turn this shortage into a surplus. Can your country provide enough to both feed your own people as well as some people of distant nations?”

“To answer both questions, Southeast Marajarbia has a lot of rural farmland and small towns, with plenty of good, sunny weather. We are very capable of producing a lot of crops in short amounts of time. As for keeping the peace, it depends on the actions of the Dalmannian Government and any foreign policy decisions made that may harm this relationship, such as working with our enemies.” Said Carl.

“Keeping the peace is a two-way street. Dalmannia isn’t the only nation to consider here. The actions of the Southeast Marajarbian government in regards to toning down anti-Dalmannian rhetoric in the UDAF and acknowledging the pro-democracy reforms proposed by Tyrantio Land in that organization would certainly improve the current standing and signal some long-term commitment.” Foreign Affairs Minister Aleksandra Novak stated.

Corrington
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corrington » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:30 am

Dalmannia wrote:

“Keeping the peace is a two-way street. Dalmannia isn’t the only nation to consider here. The actions of the Southeast Marajarbian government in regards to toning down anti-Dalmannian rhetoric in the UDAF and acknowledging the pro-democracy reforms proposed by Tyrantio Land in that organization would certainly improve the current standing and signal some long-term commitment.” Foreign Affairs Minister Aleksandra Novak stated.

“Agreed.”, Ambassador Therese Grant said. “We can both accept these suggestions from one another, correct? Not consorting with Marajarbia’s enemies for Dalmannia and supporting pro-democracy reforms in the UDAF for Southeast Marajarbia both make perfect sense. Are we agreed?”, Elizabeth Phillips asked.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:32 am

Dalmannia wrote:

“You do realize that the proposal made by Tyrantio Land within the UDAF was, in fact, an attempt made by thePact of Ribbons and Steel in an attempt to destroy the stable chain of command in place, as well as the fact that their original goal was to intervene in UDAF’s upcoming Supreme Council Elections, correct?” Asked Carl.
Last edited by Southeast Marajarbia on Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:33 am

Corrington wrote:
Dalmannia wrote:“Keeping the peace is a two-way street. Dalmannia isn’t the only nation to consider here. The actions of the Southeast Marajarbian government in regards to toning down anti-Dalmannian rhetoric in the UDAF and acknowledging the pro-democracy reforms proposed by Tyrantio Land in that organization would certainly improve the current standing and signal some long-term commitment.” Foreign Affairs Minister Aleksandra Novak stated.

“Agreed.”, Ambassador Therese Grant said. “We can both accept these suggestions from one another, correct? Not consorting with Marajarbia’s enemies for Dalmannia and supporting pro-democracy reforms in the UDAF for Southeast Marajarbia both make perfect sense. Are we agreed?”, Elizabeth Phillips asked.

“Agreed” Minister Novak confirmed. The Commerce Minister was ready to sign the agreement, but waited for the Southeast Marajarbian response.

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:38 am

Dalmannia wrote:“Keeping the peace is a two-way street. Dalmannia isn’t the only nation to consider here. The actions of the Southeast Marajarbian government in regards to toning down anti-Dalmannian rhetoric in the UDAF and acknowledging the pro-democracy reforms proposed by Tyrantio Land in that organization would certainly improve the current standing and signal some long-term commitment.” Foreign Affairs Minister Aleksandra Novak stated.

“You do realize that the proposal made by Tyrantio Land within the UDAF was, in fact, an attempt made by thePact of Ribbons and Steel in an attempt to destroy the stable chain of command in place, as well as the fact that their original goal was to intervene in UDAF’s upcoming Supreme Council Elections, correct?” Asked Carl.

“Regardless of whoever came up with the proposal, democracies function best with elected leaders, not appointed and anointed ones. Dictators function under a ‘stable chain of command’. Democracy may not have as stable a chain of command, but that doesn’t mean that an elected council would be chaotic or broken. A democratically elected leadership for the body is what would best serve the interests of all members.”

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:40 am

Dalmannia wrote:

“Regardless of whoever came up with the proposal, democracies function best with elected leaders, not appointed and anointed ones. Dictators function under a ‘stable chain of command’. Democracy may not have as stable a chain of command, but that doesn’t mean that an elected council would be chaotic or broken. A democratically elected leadership for the body is what would best serve the interests of all members.”

“What you have just said is, in fact, the reason why we are having these Supreme Council Elections in the first place, you know.” Said Carl.

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:44 am

Dalmannia wrote:“Regardless of whoever came up with the proposal, democracies function best with elected leaders, not appointed and anointed ones. Dictators function under a ‘stable chain of command’. Democracy may not have as stable a chain of command, but that doesn’t mean that an elected council would be chaotic or broken. A democratically elected leadership for the body is what would best serve the interests of all members.”

“What you have just said is, in fact, the reason why we are having these Supreme Council Elections in the first place, you know.” Said Carl.

“The proposals for a Supreme Council were what we were referencing. We weren’t aware that an election was taking place. Our apologies for the misunderstanding, apparently there were other Tyranti reform proposals that we were unaware of.” Novak admitted. “Now, should we sign the deal?”, the Commerce Minister asked.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:55 am

Dalmannia wrote:

“The proposals for a Supreme Council were what we were referencing. We weren’t aware that an election was taking place. Our apologies for the misunderstanding, apparently there were other Tyranti reform proposals that we were unaware of.” Novak admitted. “Now, should we sign the deal?”, the Commerce Minister asked.

“Yes, hopefully this will mean better relations with Dalmannia in the future” Said Carl as he grabbed a nearby pen.

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:24 am

Dalmannia wrote:“The proposals for a Supreme Council were what we were referencing. We weren’t aware that an election was taking place. Our apologies for the misunderstanding, apparently there were other Tyranti reform proposals that we were unaware of.” Novak admitted. “Now, should we sign the deal?”, the Commerce Minister asked.

“Yes, hopefully this will mean better relations with Dalmannia in the future” Said Carl as he grabbed a nearby pen.

Commerce Minister Janina Kalka signs off on the deal after Representative Helm and Senator Harrison read and inspect the document. The document is then scanned to be taken back to the Dalmannian Parliament for later confirmation by vote.

Corrington
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corrington » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:09 am

The Corrish mediators look to the Southeast Marajarbians to sign the agreement as well.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:12 am

Dalmannia wrote:

Commerce Minister Janina Kalka signs off on the deal after Representative Helm and Senator Harrison read and inspect the document. The document is then scanned to be taken back to the Dalmannian Parliament for later confirmation by vote.

The Southeast Marajarbians do the same, and prepare to head off to the airport to return home.

Corrington
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corrington » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:18 am

Dalmannia wrote:Commerce Minister Janina Kalka signs off on the deal after Representative Helm and Senator Harrison read and inspect the document. The document is then scanned to be taken back to the Dalmannian Parliament for later confirmation by vote.

The Southeast Marajarbians do the same, and prepare to head off to the airport to return home.

“Good meeting, ladies and gentlemen.”, Minister Prior concludes, shaking the hands of both delegations before letting the Marajarbians and Dalmannians leave for their home countries.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents