NATION

PASSWORD

Neko Girl Cultural Exchange (Catsfern and Las Palmeras only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:41 pm

In Catsfern
"Heh...well yeah." García stared at her own reflection on the edge of the pool and held onto the rails, a dozen meters or more probably protected them all from countless deadly particles. The Cherenkov radiation's bluish hue could be seen from clusters of the spent rods. Though the control room and it's computers merited photographs, the pool wasn't out of place and the camera stayed in her satchel.

In Las Palmeras
Tajique looked on and relented that the already makeshift presentation was getting derailed but obliged nonetheless with her typical expressionlessness. Whatever the smooth little prism was, Zepeda was totally enthralled by it, to the point he even broke some formality. She got close even if it meant disengaging from entertaining Morgan all while the PM continued, "What happens when the power goes out? That thing doesn't seem to run on AA Batteries."
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:45 pm

In Catsfern
A short walk later the three arrived to a door labeled "Reactor 6 access" and Mr. Horwitz lead the two inside. "Power rods aside this hallway will take us to the local monitoring station for reactor six. this is where technicians wait to insure anything outside of the core is kept in top condition."

In Las Palmeras
Oldhall pulled a charging chord out of her pocket. "The battery in it is rechargeable just by plugging it into a wall outlet, or you can get a little solar panel that clips on to the back so you can just leave it out in the sun."

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:31 pm

In Catsfern
García hummed a little and placed her hands behind her back while strutting casually, "Ehhh, that's done by computers too, right?"

In Las Palmeras
"How convenient, any place with a plug gives it energy! Even in the past! Our wireless radios still need big battery packs." Tepka simply stared with attention, but by now the PM had taken over, "And how many of your movies do you have in there? Apart from being a mermaid, Miss Oldhall, I can imagine you get a lot of other roles, right?"
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:39 pm

IN Catsfern
"well the monitoring is done by computers, but the maintenance is done by people, and of course we need to have at least a few people to maintain the computers.
" As he says this they enter a room that loos similar to the central control room. It's a bit smaller and only has two people running the controls and only one warning light. through another doorway is a large circular room filled with all sorts of maintenance equipment for the reactor.

In las Palmeras
I downloaded five of my movies and a whole series of a show I starred in kinda early in my career. I don't think I have the one with me as a mermaid, but I do have the one where I was a secret agent, one where I was slowly turning into a zombie, my role as a teacher was good, and I don't remember the other two I brought with."

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:50 pm

In Catsfern
"People doing maintenance? Not robots? I say, some things about the future aren't as exotic as those cheap articles back at home seem to believe. I can imagine nothing beats human ingenuity and versatility when it comes to making possible choices under duress though."

In Las Palmeras
The PM let out a small laugh, "I'm pleased to know that typecasting doesn't exist in the future, at least not in your case." Tepka wanted to roll her eyes, but she didn't. Once again she hid her gestures.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:58 pm

In Catsfern
"Well there are certainly advanced enough AI's around that would be smart enough to do the work, but the problem is that you need something with an actual physical form to do maintenance, and most AI's prefer to stay digital."

In Las Palmeras
Oldhall seemed a tad smug. "What can I say I just have a wide verity of talents. I've been in all sorts of films from thrillers to horror and action, heck I even did "adult" films for a time."

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:12 pm

In Catsfern
Takiri's guides' answer left more questions than answers, more curious than ever, she continued to press on: "AI, as in, Artificial Intelligence, Mr. Horwitz? Are those common in this delicate industry?"

In Las Palmeras
The last part of Oldhall's proud statement slightly raise his eyebrows, he darted a quick look at the cell phone and then at Nancy. He only nodded, "I see." Surprisingly, it was Tepka Tajique that replied, "Very talented indeed. Acting." It wasn't a conceding and prudish judgment or a mocking statement, it was a general acknowledgement even if it showed a slight tone of melancholy: for the first time, Tajique said something earnestly honest to Oldhall, instead of giving out canned commentary or hiding behind a façade or formality.
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:18 pm

In Catsfern
"Yes indeed artificial intelligence, able to pass for any human if it weren't for the fact they mostly prefer to stay on your screens and in your computers. I may not use them in the maintenance department, but I gave an AI control of the accounting years ago. They are legally recognized citizens too, and that AI makes an annual salary of 200,000 septims.
In Las Palmeras
Oldhall laughed at Tekpas comment. "Yeah It wasn't exactly my most artistic work, but given how popular I am its been some of my most profitable. Believe it or not though a lot of actors in Catsfern either get their start or earn a bit or extra on the side by doing more risque work."
Last edited by Catsfern on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:23 am

In Catsfern
Takiri laughed a little, bemused. "I wouldn't begin to imagine what an intelligent machine would spend their income on."

In Las Palmeras
Tajique snapped out of reminiscing something, repeating the word acting on her lips. She hadn't heard Oldhall's commentary. "Forgive me, something else entirely different was on mind." The Prince's assistent pondered asking whether she should ask their guest to repeat herself or not.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:05 pm

IN Catsfern
At this comment President Eden weighed in. "A lot of them use the money to buy private servers and databanks for themselves, some buy robotic bodies, and of course even IS's need entertainment so some of their money goes to streaming services. Some even buy houses equipped with cameras and use them to collect things.

In Las Pameras
Oldhall smiled, "Ah that's alright Tepka we all get a bit assent minded from time to time, I cant even count how many times I've had to do a new take on a scene because I blanked on my line. "

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:22 pm

In Catsfern
Takiri blushed a little, in slight embarrassment. "I should have guessed it. I guess intelligent creatures have complex needs and demand entertainment. Ah...back on track, when the rods come out of the pool, where are they stored, if it's not too much of a sensitive topic to ask? Your nation is very big...it has to have a place that's sparsely populated."

In Las Palmeras
"Acting was a very stressful activity."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:36 pm

In Catsfern
Mr Horwitz took the lead again. "Typically speaking once the rods are safe to transport they're shipped off to deep underground storage bunkers which are usually located pretty close to uranium or thorium mines. no harm in putting the radiation pretty much right back where we found it."

In Las Palmeras
Oldhall looked at Tepka curious and a bit concerned. "Is that in reference to me or have you done some acting yourself?"

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:15 pm

In Catsfern
García replied to Horwitz enthusiastically, "Heh, I suppose there isn't, and I'm sure it'll be better placed in holes surrounded by rock than anywhere else. Back at home we use select pits in the Central Desert."

In Las Palmeras
Tepka replied, her typical deadpan tone was back. "Sorry for concerning you; I'm referring to things in my past." The PM seemed to know where this story was going, and nonchalantly moved towards the window, where he pulled down some window blinds with his finger, the sky was red and it was afternoon again.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:40 pm

In Catsfern
Mr. Horwitz nodded "I hear they do something similar over in the United Federation. They have a good chunk of desert over there too with not much in it that they've carved a huge vault into."

Meanwhile after checking the time and realizing it was getting somewhat late President Eden interjected. " M. Garcia I hate to cut our tour short, but If we don't get on our way soon we won't be able to make it to the vat farm for our tour there."

In Las Palmeras
Oldhalls face looked a good bit less worried. "You were an actor too? what were your roles?"

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:08 am

In Catsfern
"It is?! Time does fly when we're out having fun...well...this has been fun for me. Heh." Takiri García tilted her head slightly towards the Plant's owner, "Mr. Horwitz, thank you for the time you've spent showing me this technological wonder." As they were walking out, she suddenly blurted out, "Wait, hold on! I hope you don't mind..." She stuck out the camera, placed a timer for 10 seconds delay and got between Eden and Horwitz. "Smile if you want!"

In Las Palmeras
Once again impassive, Tajique replied, "I took the roles of a courtesan and a lowly house maid, so to say." Behind her, the Prime Minister seemed to have briefly struggled against chuckling, "Acting is putting it lightly."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:32 am

In Catsfern
President Eden and Mr. Horwitz both smiled and posed for the picture. After it was taken Mr. Horwitz lead Garcia and President Eden out to the plant and back to the parking lot to the waiting car, and he waved goodbye to the two as they drove off. The vat farm was back in the city so there was a bit of a drive again, and President Eden struck up conversation. "Well I certainly hope you found the tour interesting even if we had to cut it short".

In Las Palmeras
Oldhall smiled a bit "I guess that's what you call typecasting then, though I suppose I does help to act what you know. Remember though you're no "lowly maid" you're the crown princes lover. That's got to count for something."

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:09 pm

In Catsfern
"It was real informative, Mr. President. And Mr. Horwitz seems like a nice guy. There's a lot of common ground with the plants back home...well...except the computers and the fuel. A part of me expected something more exotic but I'm sure the vat facility will go far beyond my expectations as it is something that I can't make any expectations or have comparisons to."

In Las Palmeras
The PM smiled slyly, "She took on those roles as a consequence of being a modern-day ninja, you could say."

Tajique arched one eyebrow, slightly annoyed, "Zepeda, you know I don't like being so blunt about the past."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:52 pm

In Catsfern
Well if nothing else hopefully you can get nuclear plants in your world to switch over to thorium cores as well. That aside as far as the vat farms are concerned I'm sure you'll find them rather advanced. Even I don't fully understand the process."

In Las Palmeras
Oldhalls ears perked up and she looked excited. "A modern day ninja you say, now my interest in piqued. You're trained as an assassin then, someone who can kill swiftly and quietly without being seen."

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:24 pm

In Catsfern
"Haha, then we're both in for a lesson, now aren't we?"

In Las Palmeras
Tepka began to converse, there was a slightly eerie seriousness to her monotony: "It's an exaggeration by the Prime Minister's part. I was trained to spy and lie, not necessarily to kill." She paused, thinking of what to say, and then continued, "Spying is easy, in some regards, it's the opposite of conventional acting. The purpose is coming off as unnoticeable as possible, average and invisible in plain sight, forgettable. Using the right dull shoes, wearing a maid's uniform correctly, moving like servant would do as a cause of the ways their bodies are worn out by chores...though I never really become one until I change my vocabulary and my accent", her voice became more nasally and cheerful "...make it more faster, sing-song, assessible to not say simple-sounding. Working class." And then, in the drop of a hat, her calm and refined, if not unsettlingly detached, voice returned: "The significant complications arise when the inter-connected lies associated with assuming other identities begin to mount up...then the acting begins to consume your real life and essence."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:42 pm

In Catsfern
"Indeed we are it would seem". As president Eden said this the car got back into the city proper. After a short drive through the city the car pulled into the parking lot of a building not quite tall enough to be a skyscraper labeled as SmithCo Vat Farm. The car parked and the two exited the vehicle and got into an elevator to go up the the main desk.

In Las Palmeras
By this point Oldhall had opened up her phone and was writing out what Tepka was saying. "Do that thing with your voice again, in trying to match it" Oldhall pitched her voce up a bit and made it sound more nasally getting close to Tepkas voice "It was something like this wasn't it?" She then dropped the voice and coughed slightly. "That quote was amazing I hope you don't mind if I bring it to a few director friends of mine, it would be perfect for a spy drama."

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:26 pm

In Catsfern
Takiri looked at the building, she imagined a flat and wide building, perhaps with a predisposition to envision slaughterhouses. A sleek skyscraper wasn't what she expected, so she joked: "This place doesn't look like a farm, that's for sure. I don't think I'll be seeing any pigs and cows inside there."

In Las Palmeras
Still speaking with a more common drawl, Tajique continued: "Go ahead. My life has become public, even if I didn't want it that way. The tones are only half the battle though, slang and speech are also important."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:32 pm

In Catsfern
"Well you may see a few, places like this tend to keep a couple live heads of livestock just in case they need a fresh sample of organic material to replicate." As president Eden said this the door opened tp to the main entry a long room with garden beds along the walls and a large desk in the middle where a woman wearing a black dress under a white lab coat was waiting for them. She approached the two smiling "President Eden and Ms. Garcia I presume. I'm Carol Smith head of SmithCo farms, it's a pleasure to meet you."

In Las Palmeras
Oldhall nodded in agreement. "Yeah putting on a convincing performance is hard if you cant sound like the person you're trying to be. I have script writers who take care of that for me, but in your situation I would be like constant improvisation."

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:47 pm

In Catsfern
Takiri once again inclined her head ever-so slightly while shaking hands to meet somebody new. "Correct, Ms. Smith, the pleasure is all mine." She looked around the sleek building, with it's interior gardens, and let out a small whistle, "this is definitely no grimy slaughterhouse."

In Las Palmeras
"Not so much, as people operate with certain patterns, limited to their work environment. Some things become predictable, but it is tiring as slip-ups can't be done over, unlike acting." The Prime Minister interrupted by tapping his wrist watch, "It's a shame that our time has been spent on an improvised presentation" he said as he began to shake Oldhall and Morgan's hands, "but I believe there's a car outside waiting to drive you both off to a dinner in the Palace. The Prince must be up to something."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:22 pm

In Catsfern
Carol laughed "no it most certainly is not, but It's funny you mention that, before the switch over to vat agriculture SmithCo ran Catsferns largest slaughterhouse, which also happened to be the third largest in the world. That was back when my dad was the head of the company though, he just didn't have the scientific mind to run a modern vat farm."

In Las Palmeras
Morgan shuck Zepeda's hand, "No Need to apologies Prim Minister it was a great opportunity. I quite enjoyed talking with you, and I now have a lot of information to report back to President Eden. You were also quite interesting Ms. Tajique thank you for your time"

Olhall shook the prime ministers hand "Thank you for your time, even If I was quiet for most of the actual political stuff, and Tepka I hope you done mind if I talk to you a bit more about your time as a spy. I'm already thinking about whole seasons worth of ideas for a new spy drama."

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:33 pm

In Catsfern
Takiri García briefly scanned Carol Smith, the process was most definately bloodless. A CEO wouldn't be doing a butcher's job, that was painfully obvious, but it was surprising to see somebody wearing a dress behind a white coat. "Well, then, Ms. Smith, it seems your family has been in the trade long before these vats came into being."

In Las Palmeras
Tajique mumbled a little, "You misunderstood, we're heading for the Royal Palace, or at least all of us except the Prime Minister. We'll still have plenty to talk about in the dinner...and if you really want to converse with me further, we can do so there as well."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents