NATION

PASSWORD

Crafting Index 2026

Get your hard hats on, it's building time.
User avatar
Discoveria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 695
Founded: Jan 16, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Crafting Index 2026

Postby Discoveria » Sun Feb 15, 2026 6:32 pm

International observers based in the Utopian Commonwealth of Discoveria have been spying on closely observing the progress of Wonder construction among the most inventive Wonder-builders in the world. In order to reduce construction waste and improve economic efficiency, the Utopian Commonwealth shares its discovered recipes in this report.

Common items (36 of 36)

Act of Kindness = Empathy + Empathy
Anonymous Gift = Generosity + Generosity
Awesome Roadtrip = Friendship + Friendship
Awkward Guitar Performance = Vanity + Passion
Benevolent Deed = Generosity + Empathy
Book Dedication = Empathy + Esteem
Clingy Child = Jealousy + Affection
College Scholarship = Generosity + Esteem
Corporate Sponsorship = Generosity + Vanity
Curious Contradiction = Generosity + Jealousy
Dangerous Situation = Jealousy + Passion
Dinner Invitation = Generosity + Affection
Feeling of Guilt = Empathy + Jealousy
Frenemy = Jealousy + Friendship
Friendzone = Friendship + Passion
Green-Eyed Monster = Jealousy + Jealousy
Hollywood Producer = Vanity + Esteem
Hot Date = Passion + Passion
Inside Joke = Friendship + Affection
Lavish Vacation = Generosity + Passion
Letter of Recommendation = Esteem + Esteem
Love Poem = Esteem + Passion
Movie Night = Affection + Affection
Mutual Hobby = Passion + Affection
Narcissistic Parent = Vanity + Affection
Obsessive Fan = Jealousy + Esteem
Podcast Host = Empathy + Vanity
Reliable Wingman = Esteem + Friendship
Respectful Environment = Esteem + Affection
Sense of Self-Loathing = Jealousy + Vanity
Song You Think Is About You = Vanity + Vanity
Supportive Listener = Empathy + Affection
Sympathy Card = Empathy + Friendship
Thoughtful Gift = Generosity + Friendship
Toxic Clique = Vanity + Friendship
Volunteer Position = Empathy + Passion


Uncommon items (36 of 36)

Affluent Savior Complex = Feeling of Guilt + Volunteer Position
Amateur Therapist = Respectful Environment + Supportive Listener
Arthouse Theatre Production = Movie Night + Volunteer Position
Attention-Seeking Politician = Clingy Child + Narcissistic Parent
Best Friends Forever = Awesome Roadtrip + Reliable Wingman
Bleeding-Heart Awards Acceptance Speech = Feeling of Guilt + Hollywood Producer
Bribery Conviction = Anonymous Gift + Anonymous Gift
Budding Romance = Dinner Invitation + Love Poem
Buried Hatchet = Frenemy + Thoughtful Gift
Career Philanthropist = Benevolent Deed + Thoughtful Gift
Competitive Rivalry = Frenemy + Mutual Hobby
Confused Librarian = Book Dedication + Inside Joke
Contentious Divorce = Narcissistic Parent + Narcissistic Parent
Dormitory Curfew Violation = College Scholarship + Hot Date
Misogynistic Internet Community = Friendzone + Sense of Self-Loathing
Newfound Celebrity Sensation = Hollywood Producer + Letter of Recommendation
Optimistic Outlook = Supportive Listener + Sympathy Card
Party Healer = Green-Eyed Monster + Reliable Wingman
Passive-Aggressive Obituary = Curious Contradiction + Sympathy Card
Political Pundit = Podcast Host + Sense of Self-Loathing
Restraining Order = Obsessive Fan + Song You Think Is About You
Ride with a Suspected Drug Trafficker = Awesome Roadtrip + Dangerous Situation
Secret Twin Language = Clingy Child + Clingy Child
Self-Aggrandizing Millionaire = Corporate Sponsorship + Podcast Host
Singing Contest Appearance = Letter of Recommendation + Song You Think Is About You
Skydiving Accident = Dangerous Situation + Lavish Vacation
State of Ridicule = Awkward Guitar Performance + Toxic Clique
Story for the Ages = Book Dedication + Love Poem
Summa Cum Laude Degree = College Scholarship + Respectful Environment
Tabletop Role Playing Game = Green-Eyed Monster + Mutual Hobby
Trip Home Alone = Awkward Guitar Performance + Hot Date
Unexpected Kiss = Dinner Invitation + Friendzone
Violet Horror Picture Show = Inside Joke + Movie Night
Virtuous Circle = Act of Kindness + Benevolent Deed
Wall Street Office Party = Corporate Sponsorship + Toxic Clique
Whole Lot of Selfies = Act of Kindness + Obsessive Fan


Rare items (36 of 36)

Album Full of Joyful Memories = Best Friends Forever + Whole Lot of Selfies
Call for Action = Bleeding-Heart Awards Acceptance Speech + Optimistic Outlook
Cringeworthy Social Media Presence = Attention-Seeking Politician + Whole Lot of Selfies
Election = Attention-Seeking Politician + Competitive Rivalry
Erudite Insult = Passive-Aggressive Obituary + Summa Cum Laude Degree
First Responder = Party Healer + Skydiving Accident
Frantic Backpedal = Misogynistic Internet Community + Unexpected Kiss
Glorious Destiny = Best Friends Forever + Optimistic Outlook
Happy Couple = Budding Romance + Optimistic Outlook
Hidden Conspiracy = Dormitory Curfew Violation + Secret Twin Language
Improved Life Outlook = Amateur Therapist + State of Ridicule
Locked Door = Dormitory Curfew Violation + Restraining Order
Loving Relationship = Budding Romance + Virtuous Circle
Misplaced Poetry Anthology = Confused Librarian + Story for the Ages
New Beginning = Contentious Divorce + Trip Home Alone
New Year Resolution = Buried Hatchet + Trip Home Alone
No-Knock Warrant = Ride with a Suspected Drug Trafficker + Whole Lot of Selfies
Occupied Study Room = Confused Librarian + Tabletop Role Playing Game
Person Everybody Loves = Party Healer + Tabletop Role Playing Game
Prima Donna = Competitive Rivalry + Singing Contest Appearance
Public Building Named After You = Career Philanthropist + Self-Aggrandizing Millionaire
Public Television Broadcast = Arthouse Theatre Production + Violet Horror Picture Show
Questionable Expense Account = Bribery Conviction + Wall Street Office Party
Quiz Show Scandal = Bribery Conviction + Singing Contest Appearance
Ranting Incel = Misogynistic Internet Community + Restraining Order
Regret-Filled Hangover = Unexpected Kiss + Wall Street Office Party
Required Reading = Budding Romance + Story for the Ages
Respected Physician = Amateur Therapist + Summa Cum Laude Degree
Stand-Up Comedy Routine = Ride with a Suspected Drug Trafficker + Story for the Ages
Successful Fundraising Effort = Career Philanthropist + Virtuous Circle
Suppressed Giggle = Passive-Aggressive Obituary + Political Pundit
Surprise Broadway Smash Hit = Arthouse Theatre Production + Newfound Celebrity Sensation
Suspicious Life Insurance Payout = Contentious Divorce + Skydiving Accident
Vast Amount of Hot Air = Affluent Savior Complex + Political Pundit
Whispered Call to the Police = Buried Hatchet + Ride with a Suspected Drug Trafficker
Wild Karaoke Night = Best Friends Forever + Violet Horror Picture Show


Epic items (18 of 33+?)

Anonymous Internet Conspiracy = Ranting Incel + Vast Amount of Hot Air
Carving on a Triumphal Arch = ? + ?
Change in Direction = ? + ?
Cure for the Spon Plague = Respected Physician + Successful Fundraising Effort
Dark Cave = Ranting Incel + Regret-Filled Hangover
Encyclopedic Knowledge of Technicalities = Occupied Study Room + Required Reading
Explosive Backdraft = Locked Door + Vast Amount of Hot Air
Glowing Retrospective = ? + ?
Hazy Memory = Questionable Expense Account + Wild Karaoke Night
Heartwarming Children's Show = Person Everybody Loves + Public Television Broadcast
Heroic Rescue = ? + ?
Hot Ticket = Prima Donna + Surprise Broadway Smash Hit
Impressive Charitable Work = ? + ?
Landslide Victory = Election + Person Everybody Loves
Legal Precedent = ? + ?
Marriage Proposal = Happy Couple + Loving Relationship
Meaningful Wink = ? + ?
Memorial Hospital = Public Building Named After You + Respected Physician
Misattributed Quote = Cringeworthy Social Media Presence + Misplaced Poetry Anthology
Misplaced Ego = ? + ?
Motivational Speaker = ? + ?
Popular Internet Meme = Call for Action + Cringeworthy Social Media Presence
Salacious Rumour = ? + ?
Scripted Public Apology = ? + ?
Self-Actualizing Experience = New Beginning + Improved Life Outlook
Spring in Your Step = ? + ?
Story to Tell Your Grandchildren = ? + ?
SWAT Team = ? + ?
Talented Writer = ? + ?
Trial of the Century = Hidden Conspiracy + No-Knock Warrant
True Crime Documentary = No-Knock Warrant + Suspicious Life Insurance Payout
Viral Video = Public Television Broadcast + Wild Karaoke Night
Year's Supply of Tin Foil = Election + Hidden Conspiracy


Legendary items (3 of 9+?)

Awards Show Sweep = Heartwarming Children's Show + Landslide Victory
Enduring Infamy = Trial of the Century + True Crime Documentary
Fleeting Moment of Fame = ? + ?
Ghost-Written Autobiography = ? + ?
Legacy of Gratitude = ? + ?
Lifelong Partnership = ? + ?
Poor Life Choice = ? + ?
Neutrino Detector = Dark Cave + Year's Supply of Tin Foil
Star on the Walk of Fame = ? + ?


Where data is not available, please feel free to add new information, and we will try to update the list from time to time.
  • Thanks to Umeria for 7 Rare items: Frantic Backpedal, Happy Couple, Locked Door, Misplaced Poetry Anthology, New Beginning, Occupied Study Room, Suspicious Life Insurance Payout + 1 Epic Item: Trial of the Century!
  • Thanks to Blargoblarg for 2 Epic items: Self-Actualizing Experience, Marriage Proposal!
  • Thanks to The Neighland State for 1 Epic item: Encyclopedic Knowledge of Technicalities!
  • Thanks to Triseria for 1 Legendary item: Awards Show Sweep!

Should any monument-builders wish to contribute some resources to the Utopian Commonwealth's own monument, the Monument to Queer Utopia, they may do so with our gratitude here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=wonder/wid=2832. (We lack the capacity to produce Affection and Generosity in large amounts.)
Last edited by Discoveria on Tue Feb 17, 2026 5:05 pm, edited 20 times in total.
"...to be the most effective form of human government."
Professor Simon Goldacre, former Administrator of the Utopia Foundation
WA Ambassador: Matthew Turing

The Utopian Commonwealth of Discoveria
Founder of LGBT University

A member of | The Stonewall Alliance | UN Old Guard
Nation | OOC description | IC Factbook | Timeline

User avatar
The Neighland State
Envoy
 
Posts: 291
Founded: Jun 15, 2025
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Neighland State » Sun Feb 15, 2026 6:39 pm

Well no wonder my attempts to combine Awkward Guitar Performance and Dinner Invitation failed. :-( Kind of expected every combo to be able to produce something.
The Social Republic and Federated Communities of Neighland
In my IC posts, when referring to biota or anything related to biota, references to common names do not imply identity with their usual scientific names, only their appearance or most chemical composition or properties. I do not view Equestria and its universe to have anything to do with the evolutionary history of Earth.

User avatar
Stinky rat-eating thief
Minister
 
Posts: 2210
Founded: Sep 01, 2025
Corporate Police State

Postby Stinky rat-eating thief » Sun Feb 15, 2026 6:42 pm

my goal is to have 1 enduring infamy
TEAM PLAYER: do all the work for none of the pay ;)
based off of the andrew, the ferret manager from naturalhabitok

User avatar
Discoveria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 695
Founded: Jan 16, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Discoveria » Sun Feb 15, 2026 6:50 pm

The Neighland State wrote:Well no wonder my attempts to combine Awkward Guitar Performance and Dinner Invitation failed. :-( Kind of expected every combo to be able to produce something.


We found that the old rule of thumb that each component is used twice to make something is only sort of true this time.
"...to be the most effective form of human government."
Professor Simon Goldacre, former Administrator of the Utopia Foundation
WA Ambassador: Matthew Turing

The Utopian Commonwealth of Discoveria
Founder of LGBT University

A member of | The Stonewall Alliance | UN Old Guard
Nation | OOC description | IC Factbook | Timeline

User avatar
Umeria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5010
Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umeria » Sun Feb 15, 2026 6:57 pm

Frantic Backpedal = Misogynistic Internet Community + Unexpected Kiss
Happy Couple = Optimistic Outlook + Budding Romance
Locked Door = Restraining Order + Dormitory Curfew Violation
Misplaced Poetry Anthology = Confused Librarian + Story for the Ages
New Beginning = Trip Home Alone + Contentious Divorce
Occupied Study Room = Confused Librarian + Tabletop Role Playing Game
Suspicious Life Insurance Payout = Skydiving Accident + Contentious Divorce

The Neighland State wrote:Well no wonder my attempts to combine Awkward Guitar Performance and Dinner Invitation failed. :-( Kind of expected every combo to be able to produce something.

Sadly impossible; they'd have to name over 60 million items.
Ambassador Anthony Lockwood, at your service.
"Umeria - We start with U"

User avatar
Blargoblarg
Minister
 
Posts: 2121
Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blargoblarg » Sun Feb 15, 2026 11:05 pm

Thanks for making this thread. I always hate wasting resources trying to craft things that lead to nothing being found. If I find any new crafting recipes I'll post them in this thread.

Epic: Self-Actualizing Experience = New Beginning + Improved Life Outlook
Epic: Marriage Proposal = Happy Couple + Loving Relationship
Last edited by Blargoblarg on Sun Feb 15, 2026 11:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Free Palestine
You can read lots of Marxist literature for free here
Major study finds that America is an oligarchy, not a democracy In other words, Democrats and Republicans are both right-wing capitalists owned by the wealthy.
"Workers of the world, unite!" -Marx and Engels, in the Communist Manifesto which you can read for free here
My politics according to: 8values Leftvalues DozenValues
I am autistic.

User avatar
The Neighland State
Envoy
 
Posts: 291
Founded: Jun 15, 2025
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Neighland State » Mon Feb 16, 2026 7:02 pm

Found Encyclopedic Knowledge of Technicalities! — 4 Occupied Study Room, 4 Required Reading

So glad my intuition worked. :)
The Social Republic and Federated Communities of Neighland
In my IC posts, when referring to biota or anything related to biota, references to common names do not imply identity with their usual scientific names, only their appearance or most chemical composition or properties. I do not view Equestria and its universe to have anything to do with the evolutionary history of Earth.

User avatar
Triseria
Envoy
 
Posts: 247
Founded: Apr 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Triseria » Mon Feb 16, 2026 9:41 pm

Happen to catch someone craft Awards Show Sweep, it requires Landslide Victory and Heartwarming Children's Show.

Hoping someone happens to know how to craft Trial of the Century, as I'd really like to craft a third legendary before the event's over (Probably won't, but I'd like to at least progress towards it) and knowing it would be at least something.
Sunset Shimmer is best pony! | Femme Prime of Femboy

User avatar
Stinky rat-eating thief
Minister
 
Posts: 2210
Founded: Sep 01, 2025
Corporate Police State

Postby Stinky rat-eating thief » Mon Feb 16, 2026 9:49 pm

Triseria wrote:Happen to catch someone craft Awards Show Sweep, it requires Landslide Victory and Heartwarming Children's Show.

Hoping someone happens to know how to craft Trial of the Century, as I'd really like to craft a third legendary before the event's over (Probably won't, but I'd like to at least progress towards it) and knowing it would be at least something.

Same here.
TEAM PLAYER: do all the work for none of the pay ;)
based off of the andrew, the ferret manager from naturalhabitok

User avatar
Umeria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5010
Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umeria » Mon Feb 16, 2026 10:12 pm

Triseria wrote:Hoping someone happens to know how to craft Trial of the Century, as I'd really like to craft a third legendary before the event's over (Probably won't, but I'd like to at least progress towards it) and knowing it would be at least something.

Hidden Conspiracy + No-Knock Warrant
Ambassador Anthony Lockwood, at your service.
"Umeria - We start with U"

User avatar
Stinky rat-eating thief
Minister
 
Posts: 2210
Founded: Sep 01, 2025
Corporate Police State

Postby Stinky rat-eating thief » Mon Feb 16, 2026 10:48 pm

Umeria wrote:
Triseria wrote:Hoping someone happens to know how to craft Trial of the Century, as I'd really like to craft a third legendary before the event's over (Probably won't, but I'd like to at least progress towards it) and knowing it would be at least something.

Hidden Conspiracy + No-Knock Warrant

ur the G
TEAM PLAYER: do all the work for none of the pay ;)
based off of the andrew, the ferret manager from naturalhabitok

User avatar
Triseria
Envoy
 
Posts: 247
Founded: Apr 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Triseria » Mon Feb 16, 2026 11:28 pm

Umeria wrote:
Triseria wrote:Hoping someone happens to know how to craft Trial of the Century, as I'd really like to craft a third legendary before the event's over (Probably won't, but I'd like to at least progress towards it) and knowing it would be at least something.

Hidden Conspiracy + No-Knock Warrant

Cap as in peak, time to cram hard ig
Sunset Shimmer is best pony! | Femme Prime of Femboy

User avatar
Not that bad land
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Dec 05, 2023
Democratic Socialists

Postby Not that bad land » Tue Feb 17, 2026 5:05 am

i would like to know what epics can be crafted with glorious destiny, i have 4 and i want to make more epics.

User avatar
Discoveria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 695
Founded: Jan 16, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Discoveria » Tue Feb 17, 2026 5:42 pm

Before these threads get locked, it would be great to know a few things from Wonder builders:
  • Did you take measures to deliberately obfuscate your crafting, to prevent recipes being observed by competitors?
  • Did you make use of these recipes at all?
  • Did the availability of these recipes influence the crafting decisions you made?
"...to be the most effective form of human government."
Professor Simon Goldacre, former Administrator of the Utopia Foundation
WA Ambassador: Matthew Turing

The Utopian Commonwealth of Discoveria
Founder of LGBT University

A member of | The Stonewall Alliance | UN Old Guard
Nation | OOC description | IC Factbook | Timeline

User avatar
The Terren Dominion
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1751
Founded: Nov 21, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Terren Dominion » Tue Feb 17, 2026 5:50 pm

Discoveria wrote:Before these threads get locked, it would be great to know a few things from Wonder builders:
  • Did you take measures to deliberately obfuscate your crafting, to prevent recipes being observed by competitors?
  • Did you make use of these recipes at all?
  • Did the availability of these recipes influence the crafting decisions you made?

I can answer some of these for me personally.
I didn't take any direct measures to obfuscate my recipes, but I also didn't leave any recipes I discovered up for any long period of time. I did however trade some recipes with other craters, telling them some of my discovered recipes in exchange for some of theirs.
Most of my recipes were basically just found by trial and error, although I did remember some of the more important ones from last year.
Not really. My main goal during the most of the event was to make as many new legendries as I could, then the last day was just about grinding as hard as I could, although I got SUPER lucky when I basically accidentally crafted lifelong relationship with a misclick right at the tail end of the event.
Last edited by The Terren Dominion on Tue Feb 17, 2026 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Terren Dominion
Terren is a mighty colonial empire forged from a collection of tribes and kingdoms set in a fantasy world.
Overview|Military|Navy|Skyfleet|Magic|Economy|Maps|Religion|Language

Political science student
lover of history
The Holy Roman Empire is the best thing that ever existed, and literally nothing can convince me otherwise. It was perfect in every way and y'all need to put some respect on its name.
Collage Dumbass, but I hope to go Pro someday.
Yes, the word "Terren" is spelled correctly.
Absolutely no relation to Starcraft.

User avatar
Triseria
Envoy
 
Posts: 247
Founded: Apr 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Triseria » Tue Feb 17, 2026 6:08 pm

Discoveria wrote:Before these threads get locked, it would be great to know a few things from Wonder builders:
  • Did you take measures to deliberately obfuscate your crafting, to prevent recipes being observed by competitors?
  • Did you make use of these recipes at all?
  • Did the availability of these recipes influence the crafting decisions you made?

Starting off with the first question, I never made a deliberate effort to prevent recipes from being observed by others. As a matter of fact, I shared a lot of info I had with The Event Horizon, since myself and Dogeland (their main crafter) had an agreement that we'd share recipes with each other all throughout the event. That alongside my post here sharing a legendary recipe I found and the fact that I think I left the recipe for the Neutrino Detector on my feed when I went to bed after I got it all made it quite easy to steal glances at recipes if needed.

Part of the fun for me early on was looking at what others were doing and copying it for myself, so I never felt like I wanted or needed to hide it. Besides, everyone's gonna find out the recipe anyway so might as well be the inspiration. I also might have stalked several of the top wonders' feeds for recipes for a lot of the event.

As for the second question, I used this thread for the legendary crafting, but a lot of the other stuff I discovered either through trial and error or by, as mentioned above, stalking activity feeds. I would like to see this come back next year though because having a coherent plan would be a lot better for me than the messing around I did this year.

Finally, I think the last question speaks for itself. As a solo player, resources were scarce and the fact that I started several hours after the event actually began alongside the slow build-up meant that easily accessible recipes were a godsend. I personally couldn't wrap my head around the trial and error aspect, but once I had a goal I was able to grind hard (though not as hard as I would've liked). Without having this information, I definitely wouldn't have gotten as far as I did and it would've been very rough.
Sunset Shimmer is best pony! | Femme Prime of Femboy

User avatar
Discoveria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 695
Founded: Jan 16, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Discoveria » Tue Feb 17, 2026 6:26 pm

Thanks The Terren Dominion, Triseria.

Some reflections:
  • I'm not sure I would do this again in a future event. I mean, I might if the timing works and I could come up with a new and interesting Wonder concept for next time, but I wasn't actually expecting to participate in this event to the extent I did. Once I got stuck in, though, it seemed like sharing recipes would make sense to accelerate everyone's progress. And I could see from old posts that there were previous efforts to do so, though not very complete.
  • It was specifically the jump from Common items to making Uncommon items that kickstarted the work. I could see that there was going to be 1296 666 combinations of which only 36 would produce Uncommon items. And as I knew I was going to have limited spare time to do the event, I thought it would save time collecting the recipes from activity feeds. But now I think that trading recipes might have been a better strategy.
  • In terms of how this was done, I created an Excel spreadsheet that stores the trial and error results, the recipes and ingredients, and also has a calculator for what resources are needed to build Epic items. I'm guessing other people did something similar. I also used the spreadsheet to process the inventories of the top Wonders, to quickly gather the names and classes of all the items.
  • Being in a team is definitely the way to go. I calculated that I just didn't have time to attempt a Legendary item on my own.
Last edited by Discoveria on Tue Feb 17, 2026 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...to be the most effective form of human government."
Professor Simon Goldacre, former Administrator of the Utopia Foundation
WA Ambassador: Matthew Turing

The Utopian Commonwealth of Discoveria
Founder of LGBT University

A member of | The Stonewall Alliance | UN Old Guard
Nation | OOC description | IC Factbook | Timeline

User avatar
Equestrian States
Senator
 
Posts: 3869
Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Equestrian States » Tue Feb 17, 2026 6:32 pm

Discoveria wrote:Before these threads get locked, it would be great to know a few things from Wonder builders:
  • Did you take measures to deliberately obfuscate your crafting, to prevent recipes being observed by competitors?
  • Did you make use of these recipes at all?
  • Did the availability of these recipes influence the crafting decisions you made?

Yes. We knew that people would be watching us and we did want to at least make the rest of our competitors for the top spot work a little bit for the epics and legendaries, even if they did get most of them in the end. The lower rarity materials we didn't bother covering up unless it was to obscure which legendary we were attempting at the time.

Kinda, it was confirmation of what we suspected for the Neutrino Detector, which we later observed directly. The rest we knew from last year, from our own spying on others, or found by good old fashioned trial and error.

No, we had access to our internal spreadsheet from last time that we updated, which is quite a bit more complete than the public one. I did send a few people this way who messaged me about help with the event though, so I think for most of the folks outside the top few places, it was likely very helpful.
83rd World Cup Champions
58th & 59th AOCAF Cup Champions
5x World Cup, 2x Cup of Harmony, 1x Baptism of Fire, 2x World Cup of Hockey, 3x World Baseball Classic, 1x World Bowl, 2x International Basketball Championship Host

User avatar
The Terren Dominion
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1751
Founded: Nov 21, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Terren Dominion » Tue Feb 17, 2026 6:38 pm

Discoveria wrote:Thanks The Terren Dominion, Triseria.

Some reflections:
  • I'm not sure I would do this again in a future event. I mean, I might if the timing works and I could come up with a new and interesting Wonder concept for next time, but I wasn't actually expecting to participate in this event to the extent I did. Once I got stuck in, though, it seemed like sharing recipes would make sense to accelerate everyone's progress. And I could see from old posts that there were previous efforts to do so, though not very complete.
  • It was specifically the jump from Common items to making Uncommon items that kickstarted the work. I could see that there was going to be 1296 combinations of which only 36 would produce Uncommon items. And as I knew I was going to have limited spare time to do the event, I thought it would save time collecting the recipes from activity feeds. But now I think that trading recipes might have been a better strategy.
  • In terms of how this was done, I created an Excel spreadsheet that stores the trial and error results, the recipes and ingredients, and also has a calculator for what resources are needed to build Epic items. I'm guessing other people did something similar. I also used the spreadsheet to process the inventories of the top Wonders, to quickly gather the names and classes of all the items.
  • Being in a team is definitely the way to go. I calculated that I just didn't have time to attempt a Legendary item on my own.

The legendary grind is a pain solo, believe me, but if you plan out exactly what resources you need it's not as horrid as you would think, especially if you get good at the puzzles. Also something that is not stated in the event but was talked about when it first came out is that your nation stats actually matter A LOT when it comes to generating resources. completing one puzzle for me often got me 10-13 of the desired resource plus like 1-10 additional resources. In the original event the materials where different and made more sense as they were more obviously connected to specific stats. The valentines stats are the same, but now it's harder to tell which material is connected to each industry, except passion which is wood, and empathy, which I am pretty sure is steel. I was much more successful because my nation is really good at resource harvesting, but other nations might not be.
The Terren Dominion
Terren is a mighty colonial empire forged from a collection of tribes and kingdoms set in a fantasy world.
Overview|Military|Navy|Skyfleet|Magic|Economy|Maps|Religion|Language

Political science student
lover of history
The Holy Roman Empire is the best thing that ever existed, and literally nothing can convince me otherwise. It was perfect in every way and y'all need to put some respect on its name.
Collage Dumbass, but I hope to go Pro someday.
Yes, the word "Terren" is spelled correctly.
Absolutely no relation to Starcraft.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Construction Zone

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads