NATION

PASSWORD

Review

Your go-to place for all the above-board and under-the-table trade dealings of the Global Trade Fair!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vleerian
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 07, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vleerian » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:23 am

I've quite enjoyed it!

A scrolling activity feed like there is for world happenings would be really nice, as well as a 'dossier' function. I mostly played loss prevention for Suspicious, and splitting my attention 4 ways to watch thieves is bad enough when the activity log doesn't auto update or have filters :p

Also, I think stealing could be a distinct function from inspection. Inspection would be much more fun be a separate function specifically for reclaiming stolen goods - and sending them back to their original owners.
Vleerian - Also known as Aurum Rider
Cretox State wrote:“We treat your shipment like it’s ours!”

Creator of FATTKatt

Riam
Envoy

Founded: Mar 11, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Riam » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:13 am

I enjoyed it while I had material to stash in my region, but the steal/inspecting (*piracy, arrr!) thing was tedious and slow to manage. It's an April Fool's game, so it's fine.

But the interesting thing is that it could become a permanent part of NS's gameplay. Not as it is now, though; it would require certian changes to transform it into a real interregional trade system. The thing is that in the last years I've been toying with the idea of having trade between regions as part of the NS gameplay, not merely a roleplaying thing; as another way of generating interregional relationships and ties (together with embassies, interregional contests, etc.). And this minigame could be used to implement a permanent interregional trade system.

I don't know how it could be implemented to make it an enjoyable experience, but I like the idea of nations receiving (generating) a certain amount of goods according to their own capacities, that is based on their ranks as seen in their main pages. It should be based in the 'sector' and 'industry' categories, so goods would be generated from things like book publishing, automobile manufacturing, agriculture, trout fishing, etc.
Or it could be based in the region's ranks (generating the goods there) instead of the nation's ones.

Another question, but not less important, is what would be the incentive to have such a trade system. A part to establish ties with other regions, and to use it in RP, what could be a direct benefit from it? It may be something more 'tangible', something that can be treasured, like in the cards game.
Hiperurànion
Sobirà del Reialme Hiperurànic

«S’admet, perquè se sap. Però no es coneix pas.»

~In NS since May 31st 2004~

Archinstinct
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Archinstinct » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:50 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:...what do you think is broken?

The timer for actions. It was always at zero; never counted down for me. A very obvious glitch to what was a core mechanic of the event. It happened on every nation I owned too. That is what I think is broken.
Don't care, didn't ask.
Still a member of NAFO, because I enjoy drinking the tears of neo-nazi russian terrorists and their supporters.
Deblar wrote:If even Switzerland is opposing your imperialist invasion, you know you've fucked up

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:08 pm

All in all, I deeply enjoyed it, but I was also one of the people managing several puppets at once (the OIS group), so my success will have made me very biased.

If the event is run again, I'd suggest nerfing the puppets thing by adding an extra kittens/flags like interruption timer based on how long it's been since the last nation inspected for that specific good- i.e. "You arrive for your inspection, only to discover a large group of other inspectors are already poring over what you'd been assigned to check. Maybe later...". Then you can attach a variable like with sticky notes, shipping containers and inspection garb on how long that timer lasts based on how many you have of a different good. I'd suggest gas centrifuges- having a lot of those is obviously very concerning and anyone inspecting your fair booth needs to take extra time to make sure those potatoes are completely above board and not hiding something else. It'll definitely give nations with large stockpiles of flags/kittens/centrifuges an even bigger advantage though- even I struggled to make a dent in nations like Trotterdam.

Previous

Return to Global Trade Fair