NATION

PASSWORD

What question tripped you up?

Time to test your NationStates know-how!
(DON'T POST ANSWERS HERE - USE THE CHEAT SHEET FORUM FOR THAT)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:46 am

Weylara wrote:The one about NationStates being blocked in a country for a while. I'm from that country and have been frantically trying to find out when this happened and why?!

Well, I heard that it was because some guy was spamming shit, all the traffic was route through a single IP, so when they blocked that IP... 80% of that country was blocked for a time until that ISP changed its policy.
Last edited by Luziyca on Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 am

How many issues have answers that cause you to leave the WA, I said one. Not true? Are there more now!? Lol I hope it's 0 now I hate that issue.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Weylara
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Weylara » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:46 am

Luziyca wrote:
Weylara wrote:The one about NationStates being blocked in a country for a while. I'm from that country and have been frantically trying to find out when this happened and why?!

Well, I heard that it was because some guy was spamming shit, all the traffic was route through a single IP, so when they blocked that IP... 80% of that country was blocked for a time until that ISP changed its policy.

When was this?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:18 am

None of them 8)

Eathrealm
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Eathrealm » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:08 pm

"How much does a newspaper cost in your local currency?"

I have no idea how or why I would know that :rofl:

Anexora
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Anexora » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:39 pm

"Raider challenging a Defender..."

The spelling on those answers made me confuse my choices so many times it probably accounts for 5 restarts, and 1 restart on ALL.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=\♦/=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Administrator Orra Relixia
ORWELL ADMINISTRATION FOUNDER
..ANEXORAN ANTHEM________||________ANEXORAN POLICIES
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=/♦\=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
DISTRICT 0 HEADLINER: MINISEC : Administrator Orra Relixia wovs to "Walk up into Maxtopia and slap their president's **** up" should they extend the cross-national quiz above 400 questions. -April 2nd / 2019

Canaltia
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 05, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Canaltia » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:41 pm

Embarrassingly, the one about Free Speech and the FaQ, where the correct answer was painfully obvious. I was over the 200 mark on All, and I was pretty mad at myself when I realized what I had done. But I finished All a couple runs later, so I got over it.
Last edited by Canaltia on Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:34 am

Pretty much anything relating to Gameplay.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Herby
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herby » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:59 am

Jakker, your obscure gameplay questions are killing me. Some are near impossible to look up and you can’t find the right answer without cheating or having knowledge beforehand or asking someone.

There is more to this site than Gameplay, right? Right!
-- Ambassador #53. From the nation of Herby. But you can call me Herby.

Herby's doors and windows are ALWAYS locked when she's in the Strangers' Bar (unless she unlocks them for you). And, she has no accelerator, a mock steering wheel, and no gear shifter. So, no joyrides.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:35 am

Herby wrote:Jakker, your obscure gameplay questions are killing me. Some are near impossible to look up and you can’t find the right answer without cheating or having knowledge beforehand or asking someone.

Those aren't even really Gameplay questions, he's just writing riddles and calling them questions.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:35 am

Herby wrote:Jakker, your obscure gameplay questions are killing me. Some are near impossible to look up and you can’t find the right answer without cheating or having knowledge beforehand or asking someone.

I totally agree that there is more to the game than gameplay. As far as I can tell, the gameplay questions make up a fraction of the overall questions. If you do feel like there needs to be more variety, feel free to message me with some suggestions!
Last edited by Jakker on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Herby
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herby » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:52 pm

Jakker wrote:

I totally agree that there is more to the game than gameplay. As far as I can tell, the gameplay questions make up a fraction of the overall questions. If you do feel like there needs to be more variety, feel free to message me with some suggestions!

Stop being so nice when I’m mad at you! :p

Actually I sent Wrapper a few questions, he said he’ll look at them tonight.
-- Ambassador #53. From the nation of Herby. But you can call me Herby.

Herby's doors and windows are ALWAYS locked when she's in the Strangers' Bar (unless she unlocks them for you). And, she has no accelerator, a mock steering wheel, and no gear shifter. So, no joyrides.

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:58 pm

Most all of them? There's a ton of minutiae in many of these questions (especially in the two non-newcomer categories), I'm flabberghasted that many of them have an above 50% correct answering rate. :o And hell I've been playing here since 2004! Guess I haven't been paying attention haha. :p
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:09 pm

Lancaster of Wessex wrote:I'm flabberghasted that many of them have an above 50% correct answering rate.
Does it count when the same nation answers the question more than once? It might be that. Questions have high answering rates because the players who don't know how to answer questions well tend to get kicked off the quiz before reaching them.

Anyway, I have been able to find the answers to some pretty obscure questions by searching the forum, but yeah, there's still a bunch of "how should I know that?" questions.

Of course, nowadays it takes like half an hour just to go through all the questions, so a few times I've been broken a run on a question that I did know the answer to simply because I was clicking through a little too quickly and messed up.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:41 pm

Trotterdam wrote:Of course, nowadays it takes like half an hour just to go through all the questions, so a few times I've been broken a run on a question that I did know the answer to simply because I was clicking through a little too quickly and messed up.

Saaaame.

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:42 pm

All questions right now, because it started to hurt my brain... It was fun, but now there's seriously WAY TOO MANY questions.
Last edited by Kandorith on Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:01 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:Of course, nowadays it takes like half an hour just to go through all the questions, so a few times I've been broken a run on a question that I did know the answer to simply because I was clicking through a little too quickly and messed up.
Saaaame.
Kandorith wrote:All questions right now, because it started to hurt my brain... It was fun, but now there's seriously WAY TOO MANY questions.
I notice that this weariness has not caused you to stop playing ;)

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:02 am

Trotterdam wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Saaaame.
Kandorith wrote:All questions right now, because it started to hurt my brain... It was fun, but now there's seriously WAY TOO MANY questions.

I gave it one more try because I couldn't sleep :lol:
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:31 am

Trotterdam wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Saaaame.

Pppft, why would a little thing like that stop me?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trivia Central