NATION

PASSWORD

Made the top 100 with no puppets today!

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Wymondham » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:00 am

The Shaymen wrote:Snip

As an NS player with an ASD diagnosis, this is definitely one of the nastier things I've seen said about autistic people on this game. You are not a qualified psychologist, I hope, and thus are about as qualified to make these claims as a piece of orange peel. The fact that you devolve into bigoted stereotypes about autistic people in a vain attempt to get one over someone on the internet says far more about you than anyone else.

From equating autistic people to social misfits to inferring that all autistic people are crazy you seem to be doing your best to speedrun internet idiot bingo. I have no idea why you decided to use a minor card dispute as an excuse to spread your vile, bigoted beliefs; but I do thank you for confirming that the Autism Acceptance things we do in TWP are still sorely needed on this game.
Last edited by Wymondham on Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doer of the things and the stuffs.
That British dude who does the charity fundraiser.

The Shaymen
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Shaymen » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:09 am

:blink:

The mind boggles.

Everyone is OK with someone THREATENING someone over a game, yet will jump on me for calling his behaviour out?

Edit the posts, delete them, say what I've said isn't nice etc... but stay silent on someone who actively goes around bullying people.

His behaviour is obsessive, it is compulsive and it is aggressive in nature. To add to that he is then using threatening behaviour, but I'm the bad guy? OK.

I will give these forums a miss in future, it is clear the priorities here are to protect bullies rather than to call them out. I don't think you are the sort of people I wish to engage with further.
Last edited by The Shaymen on Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Kowloon Bay
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby New Kowloon Bay » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:56 am

The Shaymen wrote:In my brief time playing the card aspect of this game he is the only person whom I have seen who is just downright unpleasant and makes the game less fun. A flat track bully, as has been mentioned that goes after the small players and tries to intimidate. In the first two/three days of looking at the game and how the cards played I tried a few buys/trades and it was interesting to see how he popped up in not just my auctions, but many other peoples, snipping and listing/buying multiple copies of a sale card, simply to snipe someone of .0.5 of bank. Really petty and malicious behaviour from someone who is doing it to newbies who have next to nothing when he is sat on thousands of bank himself.

And another thing.

What you have said is not petty, nor malicious.

That's pretty standard behaviour for quite a number of people in the card community.
Yeah I don't know when I'm set in.
yet another uh.....
NKB News:

More information here.

GSA always will be missed

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 17, 2006
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:16 am

OK, that escalated quickly. To be clear: Shaymen is wrong to casually toss out autistic here, especially as an insult. Is it normal behavior to PM someone apropos of nothing and tell them they've made an enemy by buying a card you want in an Internet game, or that you are not someone they want to cross because they're selling a card you're selling? That you'll remember this and pay them back for it? No. It's strange, borderline creepy and definitely sad. But engaging in an armchair diagnosis over a few lines of text isn't appropriate or constructive in the slightest.

That being said, Shaymen is not wrong in pointing out how the knee-jerk response was to jump on the term he used and not be remotely concerned about the other behaviors mentioned, behaviors which were echoed by multiple people in this thread alone (and which likely have been experienced by many more people who either never saw this, or who left the game or NS entirely to avoid being hassled by someone involved in impotent fit-pitching). Clearly there's a few people out there who agree with large-scale puppeteers browbeating and bullying the 'small farma' for playing the game as it is meant to be played, given how silent they are about it while still posting in this thread regarding other iniquities. Interesting.
Interactive fiction author, rouser of rabble, and Punslinger-in-Chief of the Anti Discord Alliance.

The Shaymen
Attaché

Postby The Shaymen » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:22 am

Hustlertwo wrote:OK, that escalated quickly. To be clear: Shaymen is wrong to casually toss out autistic here, especially as an insult. Is it normal behavior to PM someone apropos of nothing and tell them they've made an enemy by buying a card you want in an Internet game, or that you are not someone they want to cross because they're selling a card you're selling? That you'll remember this and pay them back for it? No. It's strange, borderline creepy and definitely sad. But engaging in an armchair diagnosis over a few lines of text isn't appropriate or constructive in the slightest.

That being said, Shaymen is not wrong in pointing out how the knee-jerk response was to jump on the term he used and not be remotely concerned about the other behaviors mentioned, behaviors which were echoed by multiple people in this thread alone (and which likely have been experienced by many more people who either never saw this, or who left the game or NS entirely to avoid being hassled by someone involved in impotent fit-pitching). Clearly there's a few people out there who agree with large-scale puppeteers browbeating and bullying the 'small farma' for playing the game as it is meant to be played, given how silent they are about it while still posting in this thread regarding other iniquities. Interesting.

To be clear, my referencing autism was meant in how the behaviour appears to be very compulsive, obsessive and of huge importance to him. My wording is not good, but I thought the two sentences stood alone and was not read to mean I was saying autism is bad or good. It was not meant by me to say being autistic is bad, wrong or to make that seem like an insult. "There is something clearly wrong with him" is me saying there is something clearly wrong with him that this means SO MUCH to him, but in no way meant to say it was because he was autistic - the two are separate observations badly put together. Again, I can only say maybe in translation how I write to how other read we may lose meaning some way?

However, I stand my my post that his behaviour is nasty, compulsive, aggressive, unwelcoming and that sending threatening messages crosses a line.

The Otter Archipelago
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Otter Archipelago » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:48 am

Let’s lower the temperature folks - maybe we can be kinder in our communications with each other.

While I can’t speak for anyone else - I play very experimentally and opportunistically. This has rubbed some players the wrong way, occasionally leading me to butt heads. But, more often than not describing what you’re up to, finding a compromise, or cracking a joke, can ease the tension. It’s all a game, after all. I love to do a bit of roleplaying silliness but I don’t go in for smack-talk in TGs, and if I make that known, the vast majority of people respond well. Sometimes I outplay people… sometimes I get outplayed. That’s the game, and that’s why I find it fun.

Puppets, again, are the only reason we have an excess of cards to trade. Inflators are the only reason a guy like Hustler can make the top 100 leaderboard in the first place. Heisting is friggin’ exciting and sometimes can change a player’s fortunes immediately— it’s all a very fun emergent ecosystem. Easy to pick your favorite villan, but you have to remember that it’s all tied together.

But what’s NOT fun, interesting, or an integral part of the ecosystem? Freakin’ TG beggars! “Can you just give me that card I’ve never had a MV over 2.00 before!” <insert puke emoji> “dude stop bro” <has 40,000 Deck Value, pleading to stop a bidding war>

Catalonia 2070 RP
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 29, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Catalonia 2070 RP » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:34 am

The Shaymen wrote::blink:

The mind boggles.

Everyone is OK with someone THREATENING someone over a game, yet will jump on me for calling his behaviour out?

Edit the posts, delete them, say what I've said isn't nice etc... but stay silent on someone who actively goes around bullying people.

His behaviour is obsessive, it is compulsive and it is aggressive in nature. To add to that he is then using threatening behaviour, but I'm the bad guy? OK.

I will give these forums a miss in future, it is clear the priorities here are to protect bullies rather than to call them out. I don't think you are the sort of people I wish to engage with further.

Calling bullies autistic and social misfits isn't calling them out, it is bullying a bully.

The Shaymen
Attaché

Postby The Shaymen » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:41 am

Catalonia 2070 RP wrote:Calling bullies autistic and social misfits isn't calling them out, it is bullying a bully.

I'd rather be viewed as bullying a bully than viewed as someone who turns a blind eye to those being threatened.

Tell me, if your kid was playing this game and got a threatening message off someone on here, would you not be a bit miffed? Again, it seems more people want to call me out for poor useage of words (And again English is not my native language which doesn't help) than they want to address the real issues here.

Sending THREATS to someone over a game - A grown adult sending threats to other people FFS :shock:

And I am the bad guy? :blink:

Thethen
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Thethen » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:43 am

Hustlertwo wrote:I don’t expect it to last (what does, in this ephemeral world?), but for the moment I am at #99 for total deck value, and getting to the top 100 at least once was my goal. Wasn’t easy without puppets; I never had more than 42 bank at any time, and that was just because I sold a legendary for 29.00 that I unwrapped from a pack. And of course, any time you’re focusing on card values you are building your house on shifting sand. Still, eventually I piled enough of it up to get passably high, and I figured I’d mention it to show people puppets, as easy as they do make things, are not as necessary as they might seem.

How’d you do it? Any tips?
HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR FUNNY BONE?!?!
Sapply
ALL TGs will be deleted after 24 hours to prevent clutter, except for ones deemed important enough for archiving.

I will at least partly use NS stats for roleplay.
President: Poloric Albam (until after the presidential election)
GENA/WA Representative: Gerald Erepant
Des-Bal wrote:Anarchism is great, it's the richest environment for conquest. Just imagine, all you need to do is round up some weapons and some buddies to hold them and you too can be a warlord!
Emotional Support Crocodile wrote:Observing US politics from afar is like watching a stupid kid running into traffic, you try to warn them but they still have a big stupid grin as the bus hits them.

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:43 pm

Thethen wrote:
Hustlertwo wrote:I don’t expect it to last (what does, in this ephemeral world?), but for the moment I am at #99 for total deck value, and getting to the top 100 at least once was my goal. Wasn’t easy without puppets; I never had more than 42 bank at any time, and that was just because I sold a legendary for 29.00 that I unwrapped from a pack. And of course, any time you’re focusing on card values you are building your house on shifting sand. Still, eventually I piled enough of it up to get passably high, and I figured I’d mention it to show people puppets, as easy as they do make things, are not as necessary as they might seem.

How’d you do it? Any tips?

Hi! Here's a couple suggestions I had posted earlier in the thread:

[I did it through] buying low, selling high, and doing my level best to never spend more than 1/100th of a card's value on it. So no more than 1.50 on a card worth 150, 11 on 1,100, so on and so forth. I also bought a good many cards that were worth 2-5 bank for around .02-.04 apiece; by keeping those around, I could occasionally jump in to someone selling them for way, way more bank than I paid and make a tidy profit. Some of them never worked and were sold or junked at a minor loss, but the ones that did made more than enough to cover the busts.

I would add two more to this: never bid more than you are willing to pay since you always run the risk of someone listing another copy of a card and making you cough up the full amount, and don't be afraid to put high but not crazy high asks on some of your high value cards once you get them. Every now and then you get a bite that makes it well worth the effort. I had a card worth 189 or so go for 9 this morning that I had listed some time ago. We have not because we ask not, as the saying goes.

Good luck out there!

Also, because it is not worth a separate post: hit the top 60. Nice.
Last edited by Hustlertwo on Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interactive fiction author, rouser of rabble, and Punslinger-in-Chief of the Anti Discord Alliance.

Zizocia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 19, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Zizocia » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:53 pm

Hustlertwo wrote:Also, because it is not worth a separate post: hit the top 60. Nice.

Wow! Good job!

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:09 pm

Zizocia wrote:
Hustlertwo wrote:Also, because it is not worth a separate post: hit the top 60. Nice.

Wow! Good job!

Thanks!

The Shaymen
Attaché

Postby The Shaymen » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:40 pm

FAO - Wymondham & Vylixan

I had a friend re-read what I put in my post earlier and he confirmed to me that my wording was very bad and the post did sound like I was insulting people with Autism. I feel really bad about this, as this was not my intention and I did not realise how the post came across like that - at times when I think then write and translate it I lose track and focus a bit and in this case I appear to have offended you both by my post not being clear and thus being misconstrued.

I wish to offer you both an apology for any offence I may have caused you with that post as that honestly wasn't my intention - however regardless of intention I accept I got it wrong, so for that I am sorry. I also let my emotions cloud a few of my replies towards your reported post, as I was upset to see the person who had threatened my 12 year old son months ago was doing this to others still, and in doing so I failed to listen to both of you and to take stock that I was insulting people who were innocent bystanders. I 100% own this mistake and apologise unreservedly to you both. :oops:
Last edited by The Shaymen on Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards