NATION

PASSWORD

Giovanniland Stole My bank

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
CUTE PANDASSSSSSSSSSSS
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Jul 11, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby CUTE PANDASSSSSSSSSSSS » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:17 am

Destructive Government Economic System wrote:Omg cute pandas!

Ok, maybe it's not the topic of this thread but I can't help it

I am serious D.G.E.Sys.
Last edited by CUTE PANDASSSSSSSSSSSS on Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am Just Cute!
UwU

User avatar
Vylixan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 169
Founded: Mar 19, 2006
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Vylixan » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:40 am

There is an old saying about this: If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

That's also the reason I try to stay away from inflating. I find it scary enough to have to transfer smalltime amounts of bank. Going up against people like Mike and Gio just to get some virtual numbers added to my nations stats, no thank you.

User avatar
Furballland
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 49
Founded: Feb 27, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Furballland » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:58 am

Vylixan wrote:There is an old saying about this: If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

That's also the reason I try to stay away from inflating. I find it scary enough to have to transfer smalltime amounts of bank. Going up against people like Mike and Gio just to get some virtual numbers added to my nations stats, no thank you.

Even varanius inflated your cards.
Last edited by Furballland on Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukrayini! Heroyam Slava!

User avatar
Vylixan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 169
Founded: Mar 19, 2006
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Vylixan » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:11 am

Furballland wrote:
Vylixan wrote:There is an old saying about this: If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

That's also the reason I try to stay away from inflating. I find it scary enough to have to transfer smalltime amounts of bank. Going up against people like Mike and Gio just to get some virtual numbers added to my nations stats, no thank you.

Even varanius inflated your cards.


Your point being?

I collect a massive region collection of 6849 S2 cards of The Pacific. Statisticly speaking it's not that weird that about 50 of those cards have been inflated as of now. Especially as 99% of that inflating has happened long after I collected those card. I don't like it, but there is nothing I can do about it.

User avatar
Furballland
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 49
Founded: Feb 27, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Furballland » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:46 am

Vylixan wrote:
Furballland wrote:Even varanius inflated your cards.


Your point being?

I collect a massive region collection of 6849 S2 cards of The Pacific. Statisticly speaking it's not that weird that about 50 of those cards have been inflated as of now. Especially as 99% of that inflating has happened long after I collected those card. I don't like it, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Agreed.
Slava Ukrayini! Heroyam Slava!

User avatar
Mornelak
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Aug 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mornelak » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:02 am

The fact that most of the people here are cool with this practise is pretty horrifying to me.

I'm not involved in the card market seriously at all, I junk anything under epic because I like having a fancy collection and I started buying my own cards as a joke, and built a pretty nice collection.

I started inflating my card's value because I'd heard it can make your next season's card a higher rarity, not because of any sinister motivation, I wasn't intending on selling them off or manipulating anything else, I just wanted a fancy border on my card when S3 rocks around.

I'm now broke, without enough bank to even expand my deck capacity, and the advice in this thread is 'suck it up or heist someone else'.

I mess around with NationStates in my breaks at work because it's a fun passive thing I can work on over time, now I've been shafted and there's buggerall I can do about it. I don't have the time to invest in heisting anyone else, and it's a scummy practise that I don't want to engage in regardless.

Awesome... :meh:

User avatar
Untecna
Senator
 
Posts: 3702
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Untecna » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:06 am

Mornelak wrote:The fact that most of the people here are cool with this practise is pretty horrifying to me.

I'm not involved in the card market seriously at all, I junk anything under epic because I like having a fancy collection and I started buying my own cards as a joke, and built a pretty nice collection.

I started inflating my card's value because I'd heard it can make your next season's card a higher rarity, not because of any sinister motivation, I wasn't intending on selling them off or manipulating anything else, I just wanted a fancy border on my card when S3 rocks around.

I'm now broke, without enough bank to even expand my deck capacity, and the advice in this thread is 'suck it up or heist someone else'.

I mess around with NationStates in my breaks at work because it's a fun passive thing I can work on over time, now I've been shafted and there's buggerall I can do about it. I don't have the time to invest in heisting anyone else, and it's a scummy practise that I don't want to engage in regardless.

Awesome... :meh:

Investment involves risk, and you fell to that risk. There's nothing else that can really be said about it.
Californian

Dragon with internet access

Unironically still in NSG discussions, now turned to slight shitposting to make it fun for everyone else me and me only.

I'm queer

Heloin's, perhaps, unwanted accountant

Don't use my old posts to judge me, I was cringe af

Naan Violence, y'all.

Political Beliefs
TL;DR: I'm a democratic socialist. Surprise Surprise, I don't support genocide or violence.

Go 49rs

Untecna wrote:No, and you can talk to my dragon lawyers if you dragon want me to dragon shut up.

Hemakral wrote:damn bro that wall so thick kool-aid man couldn't bust through

[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

Flag Dragon's Name: Bruno

User avatar
Mornelak
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Aug 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mornelak » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:32 am

Untecna wrote:
Mornelak wrote:The fact that most of the people here are cool with this practise is pretty horrifying to me.

I'm not involved in the card market seriously at all, I junk anything under epic because I like having a fancy collection and I started buying my own cards as a joke, and built a pretty nice collection.

I started inflating my card's value because I'd heard it can make your next season's card a higher rarity, not because of any sinister motivation, I wasn't intending on selling them off or manipulating anything else, I just wanted a fancy border on my card when S3 rocks around.

I'm now broke, without enough bank to even expand my deck capacity, and the advice in this thread is 'suck it up or heist someone else'.

I mess around with NationStates in my breaks at work because it's a fun passive thing I can work on over time, now I've been shafted and there's buggerall I can do about it. I don't have the time to invest in heisting anyone else, and it's a scummy practise that I don't want to engage in regardless.

Awesome... :meh:

Investment involves risk, and you fell to that risk. There's nothing else that can really be said about it.


I wasn't aware it was risky to begin with, nor that it was an 'investment' in any significant way. It's a common rarity S2 card for a nobody nation who isn't involved in anything, with very few owners who were almost all card farmers and the nation that heisted the 12 bank has well over 250 bank to their name, so for them it's an inconsequential amount.

Increasing the value of the card is basically the only thing I can do now to increase the potential rarity of my S3 card, I've got a handful of easter eggs, founded a region and getting stats into the 1% takes time when I'm trying to maintain my nation as well. I suppose it's my fault for wanting a colourful border around my card when S3 comes around lol.

User avatar
Coffin-Breathe
Minister
 
Posts: 2231
Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coffin-Breathe » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:27 am

Mornelak wrote:The fact that most of the people here are cool with this practise is pretty horrifying to me.

That´s untrue - not everyone likes or practizes this abusement of the system, but there´s practically nothing anyone can do against as a player (only admins could stop or at least restrict it by changing the rules/closing the loopholes, but such changes are not wanted, it seems).
Mornelak wrote:I started inflating my card's value because I'd heard it can make your next season's card a higher rarity, not because of any sinister motivation, I wasn't intending on selling them off or manipulating anything else, I just wanted a fancy border on my card when S3 rocks around.

Who told you so ? It can only be a rumour, as no one really knows, how and which parameters are set, when card rarity is fixed for 3 series (if there is one, ever); but one thing is for sure : the "artwork badge" will be much less decisive than everything else, because rarity is chosen in relation to the whole NS-game, not because of one single badge related to a mere sub-game. You better invest your time in bringing some more of your states up to "gold" and playing an active role in the overall game (posting, writing issues, being remarkable otherwise) than relying on this very uninteresting "artwork badge", if you want a better rarity for your nation.

User avatar
Fauzjhia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1567
Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:17 pm

Coffin-Breathe wrote:
Mornelak wrote:The fact that most of the people here are cool with this practise is pretty horrifying to me.

That´s untrue - not everyone likes or practizes this abusement of the system, but there´s practically nothing anyone can do against as a player (only admins could stop or at least restrict it by changing the rules/closing the loopholes, but such changes are not wanted, it seems).
Mornelak wrote:I started inflating my card's value because I'd heard it can make your next season's card a higher rarity, not because of any sinister motivation, I wasn't intending on selling them off or manipulating anything else, I just wanted a fancy border on my card when S3 rocks around.

Who told you so ? It can only be a rumour, as no one really knows, how and which parameters are set, when card rarity is fixed for 3 series (if there is one, ever); but one thing is for sure : the "artwork badge" will be much less decisive than everything else, because rarity is chosen in relation to the whole NS-game, not because of one single badge related to a mere sub-game. You better invest your time in bringing some more of your states up to "gold" and playing an active role in the overall game (posting, writing issues, being remarkable otherwise) than relying on this very uninteresting "artwork badge", if you want a better rarity for your nation.



they confirmed that a position inside the top 250 in international artwork value will count as a part of your rarity in s3
however inflating your card only to 251 will not count and its not certain this will allow you to get a higher rarity.

with very high deck value, a card could see its value increased.
but we don't know how our stat factor in our rarity.
Last edited by Fauzjhia on Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
TRR card giver, Register here to get a chance to free legendary cards from the The rejected pacific nations. Everyone is welcome

User avatar
Mornelak
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Aug 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mornelak » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:02 pm

Coffin-Breathe wrote:
Mornelak wrote:The fact that most of the people here are cool with this practise is pretty horrifying to me.

That´s untrue - not everyone likes or practizes this abusement of the system, but there´s practically nothing anyone can do against as a player (only admins could stop or at least restrict it by changing the rules/closing the loopholes, but such changes are not wanted, it seems).
Mornelak wrote:I started inflating my card's value because I'd heard it can make your next season's card a higher rarity, not because of any sinister motivation, I wasn't intending on selling them off or manipulating anything else, I just wanted a fancy border on my card when S3 rocks around.

Who told you so ? It can only be a rumour, as no one really knows, how and which parameters are set, when card rarity is fixed for 3 series (if there is one, ever); but one thing is for sure : the "artwork badge" will be much less decisive than everything else, because rarity is chosen in relation to the whole NS-game, not because of one single badge related to a mere sub-game. You better invest your time in bringing some more of your states up to "gold" and playing an active role in the overall game (posting, writing issues, being remarkable otherwise) than relying on this very uninteresting "artwork badge", if you want a better rarity for your nation.


It's stated in this post https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1301086 that your deck value affects your potential rarity in S3. Turns out I actually misunderstood this when I first read this, and thought that the value of my previous card was the deciding factor, not the value of your deck. However, with the number of my own cards that I own, and the subsequent inflation of their value, it has actually raised my deck value substantially, and it is my newest 1% badge.

I've been going through that list and doing what I can to increase my potential rarity, I have found several easter eggs, founded my own region, increasing my deck value and have been trying to increase more of my stats to the 1% threshold, but that's slowgoing. Unfortunately being commended or condemned is basically impossible for me since I am so unknown and I'm not active, well-known or have been here long enough to be a volunteer. My only other options are becoming a site supporter, which I'm considering since it's cheap, but I think my main option now is authoring issues, but I'd like to produce ones that are actually good, not sharted out for the sake of it.
Last edited by Mornelak on Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Voxija
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1444
Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:07 pm

Back when I was in the cards game, I liked stealing everyone else's bank.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

User avatar
Diarcesia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5193
Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:10 pm

Furballland wrote:I wast trying to inflate my card, then, giovanniland tries to steal my bank, especially Gio21

Gio: Kore ga... requiem... da.

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 13373
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:07 pm

CUTE PANDASSSSSSSSSSSS wrote:
Furballland wrote:I was inflating kussadistan, then gio2 tries to steal my bank, and then they made me broke, now i can't even inflate my card cuz i don't have bank, or buy cards to save bank, so i will bank farm myself for 2 months.

Its *gio21* u idiot!

*** Warned for flaming ***

User avatar
CUTE PANDASSSSSSSSSSSS
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Jul 11, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby CUTE PANDASSSSSSSSSSSS » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:23 am

Luna Amore wrote:
CUTE PANDASSSSSSSSSSSS wrote:Its *gio21* u idiot!

*** Warned for flaming ***

Sorry, cuz furballland mistankenly wrote gio2 instead of gio21.
I am Just Cute!
UwU

User avatar
Giraffeton
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 170
Founded: Oct 20, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Giraffeton » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 pm

New Makasta wrote:That evil Gio! you should take actions angist them and condmen them! its the only way to show that evil hiester

create a SC proposal then, your only gonna help them by giving them a rare badge
Contrary to the belief of Coffin-Breathe, I am not a puppet. But instead a puppet master.

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13761
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:00 pm

Should have pulled off a PSG.
I don't stand with Ukraine. I don't stand with Russia. I don't stand with the US, NATO, or EU. I stand with the innocent civilians being caught in the crossfire while the politicians, the media, and weapons manufacturers continue to stoke division and conflict in their geopolitical chess games and treat the people of Ukraine as mere pawns. Zelensky is a corrupt, opportunist oligarchic politician who is not fit to lead Ukraine through anything and wants to inflate his own ego and offshore accounts.

User avatar
Giraffeton
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 170
Founded: Oct 20, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Giraffeton » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:01 pm

may i ask what is a PSG?
Contrary to the belief of Coffin-Breathe, I am not a puppet. But instead a puppet master.

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13761
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:05 pm

Giraffeton wrote:may i ask what is a PSG?

Qatari club in Paris. Well-known for inflating transfer fees. Whenever someone inflates a common card to an absurd value, that's what I call pulling off a PSG. That is, if you bottle it and fail to inflate your own card you want, then it makes you look silly in the market.
I don't stand with Ukraine. I don't stand with Russia. I don't stand with the US, NATO, or EU. I stand with the innocent civilians being caught in the crossfire while the politicians, the media, and weapons manufacturers continue to stoke division and conflict in their geopolitical chess games and treat the people of Ukraine as mere pawns. Zelensky is a corrupt, opportunist oligarchic politician who is not fit to lead Ukraine through anything and wants to inflate his own ego and offshore accounts.

User avatar
Catsfern
Diplomat
 
Posts: 782
Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:13 pm

welcome to the card market, shit happens.

User avatar
The H Corporation
Minister
 
Posts: 2026
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Anarchy

Postby The H Corporation » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:18 pm

It happens and there is nothing we can do about it. Just deal with it and move on
Welcome to The H Corporation
Money is everything, whether you like it or not
You don't like dark theme? Well good luck reading this >:D
Just a Mexican o((>ω< ))o. Talks nonsense whenever possible and loves cats. Cats are cute (^///^). Still writing Factbooks. If I cared about politics then I wouldn't need to visit 8values. "Life is like a rollercoaster, you have to pay to ride it" This nation does not represent my views and it will never do. College is hard, you know what else is hard? Life. Hey look! I am here: Holy High
8values RightValues LeftValues 9axes PoliticalSextant
You want some lore? Here take this Not finished Lore (WIP) Q&A I would be surprised if you read it
Is a Corporation scary for you?
Boo!

User avatar
Dertarae
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Aug 12, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Dertarae » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:22 pm

Watching the card market manipulators get what's coming to them and then publicly QQ like they weren't doing something mildly unethical in the first place is fulfilling. Feed us your tears, little one. I junk all the cards I get from issues that are rare or less, and from time to time, they show up in my inbox like I'm killing their market. It amuses me greatly. With the single exception of my one legendary, I got my collection out of issue packs alone. I intentionally overpaid for my legendary just so I could have it immediately. The market is overrated.
My political compass is deeply in the green quadrant. I created a country I'd actually want to live in. I use NSStats. I like RPing in NS inboxes and don't use Discord. Raiding doesn't make you cool. I junk all cards that are Rare or less and don't check their market value before doing so. Feed me your nerf-herder rage tears.

User avatar
Plus Nova Imperii
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Jan 02, 2020
Corporate Police State

Postby Plus Nova Imperii » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:28 pm

I think Gio should steal everyones bank
Monarchism, Corporatism, National Liberalism
Alternate History
Second Russian Civil War Kaiserreich Headcannon Jacobite Britain Carlo-Francoist Spain

User avatar
Nooooooooooooooo
Diplomat
 
Posts: 812
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Nooooooooooooooo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:31 pm

Plus Nova Imperii wrote:I think Gio should steal everyones bank

I think Gio should steal the rich's bank and give to the needy (me)

User avatar
Coffin-Breathe
Minister
 
Posts: 2231
Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coffin-Breathe » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:46 am

Nooooooooooooooo wrote:I think Gio should steal the rich's bank and give to the needy (me)

Owning 75 legendaries and hordes of puppets is not exactly what I would call "needy"...just let me correct this typing error, as I´m pretty sure, you meant "greedy" :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Coffin-Breathe

Advertisement

Remove ads